[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Psychiatry-1.jpg (82 KB, 632x464)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
According to researchers:
>Depression Is “A Normal Brain Responding to Stress or Adversity”
https://www.madinamerica.com/2024/04/researchers-depression-is-a-normal-brain-responding-to-stress-or-adversity/

Mental distress shouldn't be treated as an "illness", it should be treated as distress. Drugging people with powerful drugs, that cause many unhealthy side effects, is not right.
>>
Praise Xenu.
>>
>>16140258
Is all about money, like the vaccines, all that shit is completely useless.
>>
>>16140284
It's about gaslighting people to prevent them taking action to remove the cause of all of our depression. Failing this, pharmacological lobotomy is used.
>>
>>16140258
Yeah but, it gets even worse. Pay attention here. This part is significant. God is on camera claiming there is sex in heaven, and the gore isn't real. Physically you can watch him on tv claiming this. What this actually is, is lies. The gore is real.
>>
>>16140387
Gore is a non send, it was not sent. You just thought it was. M.O.N.P
>>
>>16140389
I've had almost 2000 concussions. So, that fact is true. I've also went over 30 years without love. I'm not sure what you're expecting me to say, but I've uncovered something significant. There is pure evil. And he's watching us.
>>
>>16140387
>The gore is real.
Right on brother, #StopTheSteal2000
>>
>>16140258
If course it is, always was. Zero numbers = zero truth. But at some point it gained popularity because it paid some attention to aspects of human being that actual science wasn't even interested in or didn't know how to grasp (still doesn't).

Its kinda like a cult, people need something, anything, no one around cares and then boom, suddenly someone does. He must be right. And some old farts have a job teaching it and then some young useless chicks have a job "using" it. So it stays because its convenient for many.
>>
>>16140258
OP IS BASED.

EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD SHOULD READ
>"CRACKED - THE UNHAPPY TRUTH ABOUT PSYCHIATRY"

That is all. Good bye.
>>
>>16140258
None of you are M.D.s lol
>>
File: FIxEwLCXEAAOoAc.jpg (188 KB, 1800x1200)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>16141285
>YOU MUST DO AS WE SAY WITHOUT QUESTION
Excellent bedside manner, Doc.
>>
File: conspiracy-charlie-day.gif (782 KB, 220x164)
782 KB
782 KB GIF
>>16141285
I am.

I used to not be but after reviewing my works in practically every field surrounding MD I have come to the conclusion my Cognition work fits that definition (I do not count Psychiatry/Psychology as MD.)
>>
>>16140258
the ted kaczynski has already written about this
>>
>>16141285
I don't trust people whose entire education consists of coursework in academic institutions that are financially tied to industries.

It works reasonably well, to the limits of what's possible, with things like surgery, but mental issues are by definition unfalsifiable.
>>
>>16141883
>unfalsifiable
Not if youre really good, but those docs are so rare as to not be a reliable source.
>>
>>16141883
>but mental issues are by definition unfalsifiable.
Do you even realize what you are saying? No of course you don't so I'm going to spell it out for you: if there's no observable (physiological) difference between feel-good and feel-bad narratives then these are your options:
>1. the patient is lying
Possible but not likely.
>2. there are undiscover physiological differences
Possible but not likely.
>3. Consciousness is more than physiology.
>>
>>16141901
Millis, billis, trillis, killis
>>
>>16141901
>if there's no observable (physiological) difference between feel-good and feel-bad narratives then these are your options:
I had to delete my previous comment because I didn't get your point initially. So, in light of not knowing what is actually going on, do you consider it a good strategy to give people bona fide disease labels, usually for life, and force them, in most cases, to go on drugs, ideally indefinitely, that have been shown to be damaging and even neurotoxic?
>>
>>16141933
You are conflating /pol/ with /sci/. If the mental does not correlate with the physical then physical intervention does not make sense. If the mental does correlate with the physical then it does makes sense to identify physical causes. These physical causes are usually not a lack of drugs but a social environment that disrupts physiology, disease and/or malnourishment. However: in modern society we have minimal standards for wellbeing that go beyond survival. For example: orthodontics.

Alas: my post is wasted on the likes of you because you're not here to think deeply about ethics but to hate on the pharmaceutical industry with no discernment between corruption and honest business.
>>
>>16141954
>If the mental does not correlate with the physical then physical intervention does not make sense
>but to hate on the pharmaceutical industry with no discernment between corruption and honest business.
I don't see how you saying the one thing makes me criticizing the other wrong rather than right?
>These physical causes are usually not a lack of drugs but a social environment that disrupts physiology, disease and/or malnourishment
We're still speaking of physical causes that just so happen to be caused by social factors.
>You are conflating /pol/ with /sci/
No, I don't think so because I haven't popped up vaccines in the first two sentences.
>>
>>16142022
>I haven't popped up vaccines in the first two sentences.
*brought up

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.