[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What happened to her? Last update we got was all the way back in 2000. She's probably dead now, right? When did she die? Did she suffer too much since last update we got? I love her so much, I need to know.
>>
>As of 2016, Genie Wiley has been living in an undisclosed location under the care of the state of California. Her brother kept away from her life until just before a recent public interview where he told reporters that he heard she was doing well.
>Investigators who located her anonymously reported that she lived a simple and happy life in a small private facility. Though she only spoke a few words, she reportedly communicated well in sign language.
>Curtiss, one of Genie’s closest researchers, had never been allowed to reconnect with her, leaving her feeling powerless to help her. The case had such a profound impact on some of the researchers involved that they found it difficult to confront the anguish it stirred up inside of them.
>>
>>16141005
>blindly believing wikipedia without reading sources
Whoever included that misinterpreted the article. It's literally just a clickhole junk piece with no actual journalism, just summarizing the Nova documentary. The source does not confirm her status as of 2016 at all, nor as of any time since the investigation which was conducted in the late 90's and info released in 2000. I'm really hoping there's some Anon, anywhere who has info on her. I'm betting she's dead but I at least want to know when she died and if the rest of her life if she was in good hands. I'm sorry if this is unintelligible I haven't slept in over 24hrs because I'm so upset by her story.
>>
>>16141239
>Authorities rebuffed Guardian inquiries. “If ‘Genie’ is alive, information relating to her is confidential and it does not meet the criteria of information that is available through a PRA Request,” said Kim Tsuchida, a public records act coordinator for California’s department of social services. “We would suggest that you contact Los Angeles County with your request.” LA County referred the query to mental health authorities, who did not respond to a written request.
seems the system is working as intended and is protecting her location, which is fine. she'd just become a tourist attraction
>>
>>16141272
>he system is working as intended and is protecting her location
kek the same system that put her in institutions where more abuse and rape happened in the 1970's?
>she'd just become a tourist attraction
fucking retard. a small number of people just want to know if she's alive and if her life ever got any better.
The fact that the state is so hush-hush about any details means they probably did something terribly wrong and don't want there to be any accountability.
>>
>>16141305
>a small number of people just want to know if she's alive
yeah, and maybe help her? give her some money? make a crowdfund campaign? go give her the money and snap some selfies with her and post them on instagram? fuck off
>>
>>16141305
>kek the same system that put her in institutions where more abuse and rape happened in the 1970's?
found another article
>The scientists had a specimen that they could use to test the 1967 Lenneberg theory that claimed that children couldn’t learn after puberty. They put Genie through brain scans and countless tests to try to understand Genie’s cognitive abilities.
>However, some saw Genie as more than a science experiment – as a human being in need of love and care. And then there were the outliers, like Jean Butler, a rehabilitation teacher who saw in Genie an opportunity to gain fame. Eventually, the caregivers and scientists pushed aside Jean Butler and saw Genie make a stunning recovery.
>In 1979, Irene Wiley sued the hospital and her children’s caregivers for allegedly using Genie for ‘prestige and profit’ and excessive testing. The suit was settled in 1984, and Susan Curtiss, perhaps the most innocent caregiver of them all, was banned from seeing Genie. “Genie had so my losses, and here she was losing the one person who had remained in her life ever since I met her,” Susan told ABC News.
>The widely accepted conclusion is that Genie’s scientist caregivers failed her, all except for Susan Curtiss. Harry Bromley-Davenport, a filmmaker who extensively interviewed Susan Curtiss, told ABC News:
>“Susie is the only absolute angel in this whole horrifying saga. She is an extraordinary person. The greatest tragedy was Genie being abandoned after all the attention. She disappointed the scientists, and they all folded their tent and left when the money went away – all except Susie.”
>>
>>16141272

she is probably alive or they would just say she died in 20XX or something. So you can take that as confirmation shes alive since dead people dont need their privacy protected. If she is alive and they told people where she lived all kinds of weirdos obsessed with her case would try to see her. There would be idiots putting genie videos on tiktok.
>>
She literally lives in my apartment complex in Australia. She punched my cat in the back of the head once but only forcefully enough to startle her, and I half blame the cat for escaping when I got a pizza delivery when she knows she's not allowed outside without her harness.
>>
>>16140905
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_(feral_child)
The Chris-Chan for science.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvSMgi23F3o
>>
>>16141239
I'm hoping she was allowed to recover, and live a normal life with a new identity.
>>
>>16141317
This. Personally i want to pretend to be her nephew or something to visit and hug her

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.