[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20220626_032738.jpg (21 KB, 622x324)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
I’m studying a simulation of schizophrenia. How do you most often detect simulants? Why it is often written that it is difficult for people to portray the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, if it is mostly close to depressive, requires a lack of activity. It’s easy, just lie in bed all day, isn’t it?
No one for The Structured Interview of Reported Symptoms [SIRS; Rogers et al., 1992] or M test?
It’s all in the scientific interest.
>>
>>16141905
contact someone you trust and let them know that you are having an episode
>>
>>16141912
I’ve been talking to my psychiatrist and some of the mentally ill, and I’ve been doing some research on the subject.
>>
>>16141916
you're original post does not make any sense.
>>
>>16141918
I want information about the disease and its simulation, not a cure. Your post >>16141912
is meaningless.
>>
>>16141932
>How do you most often detect simulants?
This is going to be exceedingly difficult in the case of schizophrenics.
>Why it is often written that it is difficult for people to portray the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, if it is mostly close to depressive
Negative symptoms in schizophrenia aren't close to depression, they're close to autism which until relatively recently, was the psychiatric term for the cluster of negative symptoms in schizophrenia. It involves aphasia, speech impediments and/or disturbed patterns of speech, poor motor control as well as difficulty in reacting properly in social situations, inability to make eye contact or communicate emotions. It's linked to both akathisia, a condition brought on by the neurotoxic properties of anti-psychotics given to schizophrenics and the consequences of viral infections of the brain (think of meningitis and other infections that destroy, usually, parts of the frontal lobes). Prescription drugs and viral infections such as measles or rubella, before the age of two, are also strongly linked with the onset of classic, especially regressive forms of autism.
>It’s easy, just lie in bed all day, isn’t it?
Oh no, no, no. Schizophrenia isn't like every-day depression, although historically, it was linked to major depression. It's precisely the negative symptoms that disables schizophrenics. Most schizophrenics aren't bothered by their hallucinations or psychoses, if they haven't been already mentally deranged before or only started hallucinating due to drugs.
>>
>>16141948
This is the most retarded rich guy synopsis of schizophrenia I've heard. I.e. it's nothing like you said you're just making profit from the situation.
>>
>>16141948
Major depressive disorder is quite similar to schizophrenia in severe disease. Sometimes even patients with hallucinations.
>This is going to be exceedingly difficult in the case of schizophrenics.
A friend of mine was diagnosed with f25 just lying in bed and having little contact with other patients.
>Negative symptoms in schizophrenia aren't close to depression, they're close to autism which until relatively recently, was the psychiatric term for the cluster of negative symptoms in schizophrenia. It involves aphasia, speech impediments and/or disturbed patterns of speech, poor motor control as well as difficulty in reacting properly in social situations, inability to make eye contact or communicate emotions. It's linked to both akathisia, a condition brought on by the neurotoxic properties of anti-psychotics given to schizophrenics and the consequences of viral infections of the brain (think of meningitis and other infections that destroy, usually, parts of the frontal lobes). Prescription drugs and viral infections such as measles or rubella, before the age of two, are also strongly linked with the onset of classic, especially regressive forms of autism.
idk most difficult to simulate seems to be speech impairment and reasoning, but I’ve seen schizophrenics who don’t have it.
>>
>>16141905
Classifying schizophrenia is a kind of Fregoli delusion. Instead of just being a prisoner, the prisoner is a type that they've seen before who either can or cannot snap out of it.
>>
>>16141905
bump
>>
>>16141905
>I’m studying a simulation of schizophrenia
Just visit >>>/news/ you won't need a simulation
>>
>>16141957
They're both labels based on superficial diagnostic criteria. Of course, severe depression is going to be similar to schizophrenia because someone with severe depression is meeting many of the criteria for schizophrenia, independently of "having schizophrenia".
It's the same thing with every generic retard, be that downies or fetal alcohol kids, meeting the criteria for autism and ADHD. In medicine, you're not supposed to diagnose someone with a purely descriptive label when the cause of the issue is already known. But in psychiatry, no one cares. That's why some zoomers have 8 different mental illnesses on their permanent record. The whole game is about cheating insurances and funneling tax payer money to shrinks, therapists and others based on fraudulent disability claims.
>>
>>16141905
Bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.