[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240425_153926.jpg (525 KB, 1176x2419)
525 KB
525 KB JPG
Today: more division
>>
>>16144951
Keep going brother im proud of you
>>
>>16144954
Thanks anon
>>
File: images (7) (21).jpg (16 KB, 563x544)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>16144951
>more division
Why do your ratios and proportions look all fucked up?!
>>
>>16144951
you want tutoring?

you can learn calculus instantly if you have some basic arithmetic. Consider the example of an table of measured values of an accelerating object.

Algebra is just a formalization which helps with harder calculus which I think is valuable. But if your goal is to learn calc all you really need is to be able to plot values on a Cartesian plane (for visualization) and some arithmetic to calculate slope values.
>>
>>16145033
Idk man I also want to learn statistics and linear algebra... I'm just starting from the beginning because maybe it'll make it easier to understand as I move forward?
>>
>>16144951
Very nice anon, nice effort, well done. However, you're focusing on arithmetic which isn't really important once you start going into conceptual mathematics, but it obviously helps speeding up working through problems. Do not waste much time in that realm and progress towards algebra, ASAP.

Good job, do not give up.
>>
>>16145058
I'm half way though the arithmetic course so it should only be a few more days. Do you think I should study geometry before algebra?
>>
>>16145060
What are you learning from? If you want to learn geometry just do Algebra 1 first. Its not necessary but it will help. Geometry isn't necessary but a good course can help give you a good introduction to proofs (babies first proof course).

If you want to learn calc just have a good understanding of algebra and trig. Geometry isn't necessary but I did find it fun to learn.
>>
>>16145109
I'm just going through the math courses on khan academy
>>
>>16144951
Cheering for you anon
>>
>>16144951
Keep up the good work
>>
>>16145060
Don't fully take anon's advice. What you're doing here >>16144951 is based and wilm help you immensely. However, consider adding on "new" things like algebra at the same time while you continue grinding out the rest of arithmetic. Think of it like a workout program.
>>
>remainders
Ngmi
In all seriousness though anon keep up the good work
>>
>>16144951
what books are you using OP? I'd like to follow along
>>
>>16145625
I'm just doing the math courses on khanacademy.org. I started at arithmetic and now I'm halfway through it. I'm planning on just doing every course in order until I get to calculus or statistics or linear algebra or something.
>>
>>16144951
What is this shit, didnt we learn this when we were 9 years old? Like what is your goal here, to have fun? Or feel some kind of nostalgia? Or systematically work through math and waste some initial days on dabbling?
>>
>>16145671
Anon unfortunately I failed elementary school and I don't remember how to do basic arithmetic
>>
>>16144990
>Why do your ratios and proportions look all fucked up?!
It's division the way burgers are used to do it. It's bad and it's known to impede students from doing divisions properly but it's still what everyone does apparently for some reason.
>>
>>16145673
You shouldnt try math then, it is an advanced science for the intelligent/gifted. Try something of your level like working in retail, welding, or bricklaying.
>>
>>16145685
>It's division the way burgers are used to do it.
how do other countries do it?
>>
>>16145686
Nah I'm good. I'm just gonna keep studying
>>
>>16145686
>it is an advanced science for the intelligent/gifted.
Lmao
>>
>>16145058
>However, you're focusing on arithmetic which isn't really important once you start going into conceptual mathematics
weird take. of course arithmetic is important

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.