[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: questionspurdo.png (81 KB, 261x395)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>what is /sqt/ for?
Questions regarding maths and science. Also homework.
>where do I go for advice?
>>>/sci/scg/ or >>>/adv/
>where do I go for other questions and requests?
>>>/wsr/ >>>/g/sqt >>>/diy/sqt etc.
>how do I post math symbols (Latex)?
rentry.org/sci-latex-v1
>a plain google search didn't return anything, is there anything else I should try before asking the question here?
scholar.google.com
>where can I search for proofs?
proofwiki.org
>where can I look up if the question has already been asked here?
warosu.org/sci
eientei.xyz/sci
>how do I optimize an image losslessly?
trimage.org
pnggauntlet.com
>how do I find the source of an image?
images.google.com
tineye.com
saucenao.com
iqdb.org

>where can I get:
>books?
libgen.rs
annas-archive.org
stitz-zeager.com
openstax.org
activecalculus.org
>articles?
sci-hub.st
>book recs?
sites.google.com/site/scienceandmathguide
4chan-science.fandom.com/wiki//sci/_Wiki
math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Administrivia/booklist.html
>online courses and lectures?
khanacademy.org
>charts?
imgur.com/a/pHfMGwE
imgur.com/a/ZZDVNk1
>tables, properties and material selection?
www.engineeringtoolbox.com
www.matweb.com
www.chemspider.com

Tips for asking questions here:
>avoid replying to yourself
>ask anonymously
>recheck the Latex before posting
>ignore shitpost replies
>avoid getting into arguments
>do not tell us where is it you came from
>do not mention how [other place] didn't answer your question so you're reposting it here
>if you need to ask for clarification fifteen times in a row, try to make the sequence easy to read through
>I'm not reading your handwriting
>I'm not flipping that sideways picture
>I'm not google translating your spanish
>don't ask to ask
>don't ask for a hint if you want a solution
>xyproblem.info
>>
>>16264745
Hello sciencemen, I am stupid feller that would like to get intellectual. I want to understand string theory. My current understanding goes up to doppler effect kek, my math is pathetic but nobody understands math. Is there any hope for me, I am just a simple C programmer. Can you recommend me a book or a resource where I could begin my journey into the unknown realm of bosonic strings moving through a 26-dimensional spacetime?
>>
>>16264888
You could read some popular science books on the topic but realistically that is as far as you are going to get. To truly understand them and where the ideas came from requires you to take post-graduate level physics courses.
>>
>>16264908
I learn everything myself, all the knowledge is out there. Wouldn't you agree it's possible to learn it on my own? I do imagine I would go for a more academic approach should I hit a roadblock. Wouldn't hurt to try it on my own.
>>
>>16265458
As a minimum you would need to teach yourself quantum mechanics, quantum field theory and general relativity - so that includes a hell of a lot of calculus, the calculus of variations / lagrangians, complex analysis, group theory, PDEs, Fourier transformations, path integrals, differential geometry. All that before you can start on String Theory.
>>
>>16265612
Ah yes, the cult of quantum actively proselytizing again.

Read the holy scriptures! Bow down to the gods of materialist-mechanistic interpretations of our measurements; We are the sole arbitrators of truth! Sickening to behold...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IwgRNS1Frs
>>
>>16265624
are you feeling alright anon? did a scientist touch you in a bad place when you were young?
>>
>>16265612
Seems like a lot of stuff to learn. I will start with quantum mechanics. Thanks anon, this journey will be legendary.
>>
>>16265668
Good luck. I'll tell you now you will fail on your journey. But hey, at least you might enjoy some of it until you give up.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.