[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sp/ - Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: BIRDSONG.png (2.2 MB, 1920x1080)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB PNG
First Pitch @ 6:45pm PST / 8:45pm CST
GET IN HERE
>>
ITFCB
>>
File: NYNcubs.gif (255 KB, 125x125)
255 KB
255 KB GIF
ITFCB
>>
>>142109483
Crazy cubs won the first nyy series
>>
Oh it’s Hayden…thought it was Shota today. let’s go Hayden!!
>>
Birdsong is a pretty cool last name
>>
LET'S GO HOERNER FUCK THESE BUNCH OF COCKSUCKIN CLOWNS!!!
>>
>>142109883
gurgh...
>>
COME ON BUSCH
>>
get the bat off your shoulder
>>
swing for the fences BELLI let's fuh reaking go!!!!
>>
>>142109935
>>142110049
guck...
>>
Think I’d have Happ leading off until Nico starts resembling his old self. Lot of automatic outs to start games
>>
sit the FUCK down!
>>
ATTABOY HAYDEN! 1 2 3
>>
see ya later chapFAGGOT!
>>
Someone rattled birdsongs cage!
>>
holy fuck Fagsby what the fuck was that ab
>>
SWING THE GOD DAMN BAT HOLY GAWD I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE
>>
ATTABOY PETE
>>
woot woooooooot FUCK you gayant
>>
I like Hayden, I hope he can figure it out. That was a bad walk however
>>
>>142110811
I prefer keegan desu, I do like hayden but he just seems to gear up and throw fastballs and thinks he won't get punished for it. Keegan's control issues also get him into trouble though
>>
>>142110835
Yeah Hayden has thrown some hilarious challenge FBs over the past few weeks. His numbers this season are still pretty damn good. Hopefully they can both figure it out, Keegan was really impressive his first couple years for the cubbies
>>
Classic lol
>>
Hayden Home Run 'Neski at it again!
>>
GOD DAMMIT HAYDEN
>>
I take back what I said I don’t like Hayden, sorry ass pitcher
>>
>hayden does it again
yeah dude just flat out can't pitch. He's only decent when he leads with the slider but his fastball is just a very hittable laser
>>
>>142111177
I'd say I jinxed him but he has done this his whole career aside from his first year here. He's what they call a thrower
>>
I’d rather Fagsby be a complete hack in the field and actually good at hitting. Might be a meathead take but i swear jed overvalues defense (even if they were amazing in 2016)
>>
>>142111189
Yeah it’s flat as fuck. Even shitty mlb hitters can square that
>>
File: cubsgondola.png (224 KB, 680x486)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
urg
>>
I was talking to my dad the other night and we were talking about how even a 1 run lead feels insurmountable and having “the top of the order” up means fuck all compared to 2015-2017
>>
consistently. EVERY time there is a strikeout when you get two on base with no outs. then they never score.
>>
you have to move the F&$*ing runner over you pieces of CRAP
>>
So Carter Hawkins is a dud right? Cleveland are better without him
>>
>>142111611
The young pitching is great though and that's what he was designed to fix. I thought he's been terrific.
>>
vomit inducing stuff
>>
>>142111668
the "pitching lab" stuff? I thought that was put into place before he was hired. Assad and Steele have been with the Cubs long before Carter was hired. Are you talking about prospects?
>>
Kek wtf was morel doing?!!! Did he stand and watch the ball
>>
>>142111877
I think getting guys like Imanaga, Brown, and Horton who can hopefully contribute soon are pretty big moves. Keep in mind Horton was a low 1st early 2nd round projection. I also think going after guys like Leiter Jr and Merryweather were pretty good moves , though I'm not sure how much you can attribute to him. Also the jury is out on Taillon but he's looked very good. I don't see them having starting pitcher issues for years though.
>>
Lol he knocked his hand off and gets him out
>umpants
kill yourselves
>>
File: misaka cubs.png (123 KB, 240x320)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
nice hit amaya and pca baserunning!
>>
>>142112134
Shota Imanaga fell into the cubs lap, he was living in Arlington Heights all winter and took less money to play for the Cubs. Hoyer originally scouted Taillon while he was working for the Padres.
guess it depends on what Carter actually does, I always assumed Jed was the guy behind FA signings, and they have another guy that runs their college scouting/draft stuff.

I’m pretty sure Carters claim to fame was that he was the one who scouted JRAM, and the cubs do have some exciting international prospects, so hopefully that’s what he’s bringing to the table
>>
PCA has got wheels, luv watching him run
>>
>>142112489
>Shota Imanaga fell into the cubs lap, he was living in Arlington Heights all winter and took less money to play for the Cubs
Yeah I'm aware of this, althugh I figured they were going to try to go after a big name starter when they didn't pick up stroman's offer so he must have always been on their radar.
>guess it depends on what Carter actually does
yeah it's not exactly easy to attribute certain things to different people, even those that specialize in one aspect of the game. I just remember those late 2010s Indians teams as some of the best staffs I've seen
>>
>>142112621
and idk maybe I'm giving them more credit for picking up imanaga but it did seem like they had no intention of going after Imanaga and this could have just been them being cheap
>>
>>142112903
I’m pretty sure they had no intention to go after Imanaga, and I think the reason they didn’t was cuz they thought he was gonna get $100m+ , that’s what everyone projected him to get.
>>
sob sigh smellinger
>>
That was a hanger…Seiya isn’t seeing the ball well
>>
open your damn EYES seiya!!
>>
THATS RIGHT MAKE ME EAT MY WORDS!!!! ATTABOY SEIYA
>>
File: cubsjeannefaster.gif (326 KB, 549x598)
326 KB
326 KB GIF
THANK YOU BASED SEIYA!!!!
>>
File: cubtoast.png (203 KB, 321x595)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
I enjoyed the tie while it lasted
>>
THERE WE FUCKING GO MATOS
>>
This shit is comical, what a cursed season
>>
I mean I guess at least the Cubs could get a decent draft pick? They seemed to have nailed the last two first rounders in Cade and Shaw
>>
I hate to say it:
The FAGGOTcubs...
>>
Seriously even with the injuries how is the bullpen this fucking bad
>>
>>142113579
it’s sad but true..
>>
>>142113553
>Cade
ill be posting cades for his starts
>>
IF THAT WAS AT WRIGLEY IT’d BE A HOMER!!!111-

don’t care! FAGSBY
>>
God damn it morel
>>
the fuck are you doing lol
>>
fucking A morel. Now the cubs have to lead off the next inning with Amaya
>>
Another summer of checking the cubs minor league stats…awful shiz
>>
One more month I think before I check out
>>
>>142113880
>no more gamethreads
Sad. Also aside from the second half last year some of the most fun in this era was after the 2021 deadline when they had no expectation and wisdom ortega and schwindel were playing well.
>>
>>142113947
lol the schwindel era was fun. I’m begging the cubs to turn it around…
>>
attaboy hodge
>>
sit the FUCK down!
>>
LETS GET SOME RUNs ,, PLEASE
>>
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
>>
File: GPP5x_HaoAAAnpt.jpg (106 KB, 1200x675)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>
OH MY FUCKNG GOOOOOD
>>
File: sad bocchi cubbies3.png (753 KB, 957x908)
753 KB
753 KB PNG
>>
They've gotta be throwing games at this point right
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 469x408)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>breaking one of the cardinal rules of baseball
cubbie bears?
>>
>>142114446
idk if they’re throwing them but I’m starting to think this team is legitimately cursed in some way. Not like a 100 year billy goat curse but the way they’re losing is just gut wrenching
>>
File: IMG_1616.jpg (190 KB, 1461x1151)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
pls be tranquilo
>>
it's that time of the game where the giants fans start showing up!
>>
gg giants cya tmrw
FAGGOTUBS lose again
>>
File: IMG_1644.jpg (49 KB, 594x401)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
just another ha-ha-haha-ha LAUGHER

gg cubs

birdy looked good for a rookie’s first start, that stuff is filthy when he’s on
>>
File: good game well played.jpg (19 KB, 427x261)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
good game cubies

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.