[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 81tFJg9Lc-L.jpg (338 KB, 2272x762)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
Panorama edition

>Cyberpunk 2020 vs. Cyberpunk RED?
Cyberpunk 2020 is the second edition of the Cyberpunk TTRPG that focuses on simulation gameplay and has a black trenchcoat aesthetic.

Cyberpunk RED is the fourth edition of the Cyberpunk TTRPG that is set after Cyberpunk 2020 following the Fourth Corporate War, focuses on more balanced gameplay and is more streamlined but has less content.

>Cyberpunk Rulesets (The Vault) (May not have all updated rulebooks, check official sources for updates)
bit<dot>ly/2Y1w4Md

>Resources for RED:
https://datapool2045.net/

>RED free-DLC and extra content
https://rtalsoriangames.com/downloads/

>RED Easy Mode is available for FREE.
https://rtalsoriangames.com/cyberpunk/

>Errata Pages
https://rtalsoriangames.com/errata/

>Character Sheets
https://rtalsoriangames.com/downloads/

>Last thread
>>92381675

>Thread question:
Post your favourite art used in the official books.
>>
File: Cyb DSNO O'Reiley.png (285 KB, 704x1364)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>92457288
>Post your favourite art used in the official books.
>>
File: psaoddawjkdbakwbdj.png (2.09 MB, 1308x2211)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
>>92457435
>Post your favorite art used in the official books.
Imagine the smell
>>
>Two posts in
>Deviants
Goddamnit
>>
>>92457288
>>
Is there a reason other than game balance to why linear frames require more and more interface plugs to operate as they grew bigger, and vehicles don't?
>>
>>92458229
In theory vehicles have a cap on complexity in that they operate on controls that would otherwise be managed manually. Linear frames have to be synchronized to the body to operate smoothly and prevent injury and thus may call for substantially higher throughput of information from the brain and CNS.

That's at least my best guess intuitively. One is operating maybe two dozen analog and digital inputs, the other is synchronizing balance, coordination and proprioception for every applicable joint and muscle group while passing along sensory information and diagnostics and must do so at a lower latency.
>>
>>92457288
Who are the top 3 Megacorps in power globally?
>>
Why would I give them my shekels instead of giving it to Topps?

What's the difference between this game and Shadowrun? Man I love Shadowrun!
>>
File: e9d.jpg (18 KB, 600x600)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>92459267
>>
>>92458913
>Militech
>Arasaka
>Biotechnica
>>
>>92460898
I'm honestly surprised that Biotechnica isn't a top dog considering that they license the formula for the fuel that the world uses. Or rather, they're listed as small but are still a megacorp so maybe they just prefer to be small and agile and not take on huge costs and liabilities that a bigger corp would.
>>
>>92458913
Arasaka, biotechnica, and IEC all are pretty powerful.
>>92460898
Militech is very powerful in their market of arms, but they don't seem to have a lot of influence outside of that. Saka had their hand in everything right down to sleeping pods
>>
I like the idea of running a Cyberpunk campaign but I don't care for plotlines involving drugs, what are some alternatives?
>>
>>92462575
The crew is a team of corporate cleaners, but not directly supported so the company can't be tied to them. Basically the only benefit the crew gets is steady work (which is more than most night citizens can claim) and access to gear (maybe without a fixer's markup). Eventually the crew might rebel against their corp or be invited into the highest echelons (perhaps gain 3 ranks of Exec for free to get some perks and a free assistant). Along the way the crew has to do jobs that will make them take sanity hits, so is the pay really worth it when the crew has to pay for therapy after every other job? Or do they just spiral down into cyberpsychosis? If the crew rebels, they'll be in the worst position imaginable. They will be liquidated, and if they survive they'll lose whatever comforts they had. This is especially true if the crew didn't make their own contacts along the way and relied entirely on the corp. Sometimes the best ending to a cyberpunk story is just escaping. The rebel crew GTFO's and heads far away to start over again. Maybe half of them get taken out because after all of the shit they've been through together they're like a dysfunctional family.

An alternative take would be to have the crew work for the government like a worse-funded Section 9 from GitS. This would have the added wrinkle of betraying the 'company' also means betraying their country/city. And governments have a lot more resources to crush troublemakers with.

You can also tempt your players with Full-Body Conversions, with caveats they might not know about like an electrocution chip when they misbehave (2d6 damage, can't be stopped, might even EMP them), a chip bomb that detonates if they go awol (based on the Black Chrome chip grenade), and just the fact that their high-maintenance cyborg bodies would fall apart without the corp/government. Imagine downgrading from a top of the line PC to a chromebook, but that's your new life.
>>
File: Ee-_7m4XYAISCMQ.jpg (239 KB, 1023x1023)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>92457288 (OP)
Gigachad Kerry. They ruined Samurai in the vidya, bros.
>>
>>92460898

I don't quite get why Militech and Arasaka are top dog when they focus so much on corporate security. You'd think it would be companies specialized in computers and cybernetics.
>>
>>92462769
Eh. Arasaka does a bit of everything, and Militech is basically just a privatized military. It's less about realism and more about giving easy-to-use big bads for a game.
>>
Virgin Nomad
>Single worst downtime payment
>Losses TWO levels to skip on living standards
>Unable to sell "their" car
>No use outside of car

Chad Exec
>Single best downtime payment
>Skip on living standards
>Charges other PC for crashing in their house despite not paying for it themselves
>Passive income
>Hires company driver, doesn't even bother to learn to drive themselves
>Gives healthcare to Nomad because of pity
>Lends vehicle space to a Nomad for a fee
>Doesn't even have streetwise, bribes fixers instead
>>
>>92458913
>Not-AMD
>Euro bank
>Africa-Euro space agency

Those who propose Militech or Arasaka have no experience with 2020

RED
>Militech
>SovOil
>Biotechnika
>>
>>92463574
>>Not-AMD
IEC's a riff on IBM.
>>
>>92463548
The Virgin Exec
> "Daddy Corporation can I have a combat team and a car"
> "Only if you use your own money son."
> "Okay"
The Chad Nomad
>"Compact Groundcar, Heavy Chassis, Armored Chassis, Two Installations of Bulletproof Glass, Vehicle Heavy Weapon Mount, Combat Plow"
> "Okay, just bring back the family M10 Booker in one piece with a full tank of gas."
> "I'll bring back a jug of milk."
>>
File: Rockerboy_(2).png (197 KB, 444x642)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>92464069
>>92463548
The virgin Exec
>Has to bootlick the company to keep their position
>has to pamper employees to keep them
>financing it all themselves
>feels tired and owerworked and needs a break
The virgin Nomad
>loses all its class perks the moment they walk through a door
>feels insecure and weak
Chad Rockerboy
>will take both of their virginities
>will make them feel rested and safe
>cool as fuck
>>
>>92464069
>>92463548
The real question for nomad is how easy is it for them to pop out their rank 5 luxury borg weapon from it's mounted vehicle slot? Imagine driving to a job site raising hell and once you have to go inside you just pop-out the hurricane arms assault weapon and continue to bring the rof2 5d6 close combat pain inside the job site. If it's just a weapontech test, I'd be popping that shit in and out of my vehicle constantly.
>>
As a GM how do you weave your stories for players? What I mean is, do you try to play things out as realistically as possible or do you operate on movie/book/comic logic? I guess what i'm getting at is, realistically someone would have to look for interesting things but by fictional narrative logic most of the time things fall into the protagonists lap.
>>
>>92464822
It's an action.

No I mean seriously there's no check or anything you put a weapon in or pull it out as an action.
>>
>>92463548
>>92464069
>>92464379
My exec is a nepo hire who can't get fired and spends his office hours doing whatever the fuck he wants. It's my in game justification for how he finds time to edgerun.

Whenever he rolls a bad downtime we justify it with his bosses finally get fed up with his shit and cutting his pay for taking extended "lunch breaks."
>>
>>92458913
Soft power?
>General Electrics Company
>That euro bank that started fourth corporate war
>No idea

Hard power
Hard to estimate exactly (read a corebook gonk) but all big leagues, SovOil, PetroChem, Arasaka, Militech and Kang Tao, and probably a dozen I don't remember have legit standing armies.
>>>92463935
Thanks
>>
>>92464379
MFW at rank 7 I already have two personal bodyguards who carry hurricane and helix respectively always by my side
>>
>>92463935
Riff on IBM is EBM.
>>
File: 1671826799303332.png (1.32 MB, 992x559)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>92464855
I'm a gm that's converting the group from 5ednd to this with one of the reasons being that the story systems are faster and more rilroady and half my group is passive and lack drive.
So I definetely plan on things falling into their lap. Rather; I'm gonna pinch them in a situation by foreign forces and give guidance through allied NPCs. The things they could "stuble upon" or "seek out" will be forshadowing and bonuses like a file with info and cache of gear.
I want to encourage initiative but unfortunately I can't count on it and I learned that the hard way. This is just my group so YMmV
>>
>>92457288
Can 2020 (or RED) for that matter be adapted into running games not set in Night City or an alternate Earth for that matter and do stuff that still is in the genre like BLAME! or whatever space shuttle/superstructure/alien planet with cyberpunk elements in them?
>>
>>92466545
>rank 7
What even drives you to go on at that point?
>>
>>92469712
Unfortunately for my group they don't take initiative or interest in anything unless it's saving the world tier stuff. Which is fine, but they don't seem to give a shit about mundanity or survival or personal shit, they want lofty epic goals.
>>
>>92469971
Lol, I basically have the opposite problem. My group has played a bunch of D&D, where if you aren't saving the world, you're wasting your time. So I figured I'd try and create a similar style of thing for Cyberpunk, but setting-appropriate. And my players went out of their way to dodge every plot hook I tossed at them, on purpose. Tl;dr I had been building up an AI, and when the time came where they finally had their first opportunity to directly interact with it, they dipped their toe into investigating it and then immediately backed out and called a corp to come handle it instead. Couldn't believe they had turn and ran from an obvious plot hook like that. When I later asked one player what they thought about it (trying to not just outright be like "what the fuck are you doing,") he told me that he feels his character is going to do everything in their power to avoid and not deal with this AI plot, because it's way above them. So I thought to myself ok then I have to scrap my entire plot and scale the game way down I guess
>>
>>92458397
Intentional corpo design to make implants more appealing, and extensive implants puts you under their heel because your body needs the company's support in order to function.
>>
>>92461357
I would say after the 4th corpo war Militech surpassed Arasaka, 'saka's name became mud and Militech became the NUS military, giving them far more power and freedom to act.
>>
>>92469892
Good GM
Slow main plot with side plots designed around each of our PC
I play with actual friends
We haven't even touched every mechanic in the game, not that it's mandatory, just to scale how much there is.
>>
Is tere something like 5etools or better20 for cyberpunk?
I'm doing my best to keep the game all physical but a main repo for game related stuff and notes for free is too good to pass up, even if I won't use it for sessions.
>>
>>92469971
>>92470099
Yeah, Cyberpunk doesn't seem to be about that. It's more about saving your own skin, as far as I've gathered. I's easy, tough lazy, to achieve this through an end of world scenario. But you have tips, systems and two way rewards on the book about how to make it personal. As well as a rule: "It's always personal". Kindnap their lover, steal their gear, money etc. Things that make a hoodlum murderous.
You aren't playing heros, you're playing punks.
My group played pretty selfish charaters so I think this would be right up their alley. Char gen went pretty well anyway.
I wanted to do VtM with them for this reason but one turned full normie in the last year and they aren't socially inteligent enough for vampire level plots.
Hope they get a taste for punking out
>>
>>92470495
That is a crazy long time to keep a stable game running, congratz!
I wish i got an insight into you GMs head tho, that's impressive.
>>
>>92469889
There are sourcebooks for USA, Europe, Space, and some adventure books in Canada or Underwater cities.
Tho for more spece scifi stuff, Mekton might be better.
>>
File: IMG_1778.jpg (850 KB, 1125x1143)
850 KB
850 KB JPG
My fucking GM wants our party to take part in a fucking suicide mission on shaky intel, little prep time, and not even the promise of a payout.
Like, I understand the narrative reasons are to save people and stop a bio weapon but fuck me the logistical reasons are just non existent. And I’m torn between just attempting the gig and getting my character potentially killed to progress the plot or doing what any reasonable mercenary would do and calling this a wash and leaving the situation since it’s fucked.
>>
>>92470979
I always thought my group would be the more selfish types but more often than not they're pretty altruistic. Trying to convert them to RED, we only have high fantasy under our belts at the moment but they more or less dig scifi and one of them is a Cyberpunk 2077 and Edgerunners fan.

They just don't seem to care about boring day to day stuff like I do. I could GM and shoot the shit with them for hours over boring roleplay, I love it but they like having a big goal to work for. Maybe I can have them work up to averting a nuclear crisis or viral outbreak or something to appease them.
>>
>>92471081
If your character feels like they are being cheated maybe you could work towards a selfish goal during this gig, something that helps get the job done but also promises you something in return. You might have to roleplay some Xanatos shit or something, I dunno.

Try not to screw everyone over but still, roleplay with some selfishness too I guess.
>>
>>92471018
>Crazy long time
It has been 11 sessions, while each one takes a month of in-game time, we are going to celebrate new year's eve next session. It has been half a year irl I think.
>Insight
He's the one that self shills Golden Chrome around here each month. I'm pretty sure he'll respond if you ask.
>>
>>92464855
I try to allow my players to have multiple ways of achieving a goal, some clues might give more info and opportunities to the crew. Instead of having clues fall into the player's laps I prefer to have the bad guys advance their goals. So if the crew is hunting for a gang and fail completely, a week later the gang shows up to attack someone and the players can pick up the trail again. If players are being detectives and trying to figure something out but aren't asking the right questions, I might bend my original clues to let them find it since they're at least trying. But if players don't try to learn, they'll get surprised such as bonus bad guys, bad guys having escapes planned, etc.
>>92465599
Thank you, I didn't know.
>>92471018
I actually had a 30+ session game going but I haven't been able to talk to my players for quite a few months. I want to run the game but real world shit keeps piling up.
>>
>>92457288
>>92457288
Hi /cpg/, hope you wouldn't mind I present you a little project. It's an interactive CYOA/interactive fiction I've just launched on youtube. It's really inspired by cyberpunk, although it's kinda eclectic and also mix space opera, dark fantasy and lovecraftian elements. It works as an interactive collective story, each episode presenting a choice, and the next episode is decide depending on the choices of the majority.

Here's the first episode ( three of them have already been published, if you want to have a look ) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAynbc19Bxo

I know this may seem like shameless advertising, and in a way it is, so feel free to insult me, but it's a free project, and since it heavily involve cyberpunk elements, I guessed maybe you guys would like it.
>>
>>92460953
Biotechnica seems like one of those companies that tries to make themselves look tiny and "innocent" so as to maintain a good relationship with the general public so when shit does hit the fan, Biotechnica can just go "Oh, that was from a rogue agent within the company and this action is not part of the true company policy." And then release a cure for mesothelioma a month later or something to distract everyone until the heat dies down. They seem to be smart enough not to make themselves a target by getting too huge and thus getting as much scrutiny as Arasaka and Petrochem, thus making what they do a little bit easier to hide. That, and they don't need to be big, they got the world by the balls with their fuel formula and we know they gotta have a kill switch/man made blight to wipe out crops of their grain incase someone gets the smart idea to fuck with them.
>>
What kind of anime does Adam Smasher watch?
>>
File: 1708593531837546.jpg (169 KB, 1024x1024)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>92476021
None, he hates anime. The only media he consumes are old Elvis movies and concerts.
>>
>>92474995
probably won't watch it, but good job anon!
>>
File: 1664463427628229.jpg (95 KB, 1200x1000)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>92476753
Based Elvis.
I sometimes imagine Johnny blasting his shit in a concert and Gemini Adam crashing it with a big ass boombox on his shoulder blasting Elvis to such levels that those near him get hearing damage
>>
>>92470861
Datafortress2020 has some handy stuff.
>>
>>92471081
Fuck that - you're not roleplaying a gonk, so don't do a gonk move. Delta.

If you're concerned about out-of-game plothook stuff, I don't think "avoiding death" is a that-guy move.
>>
>>92460953
>>92461357
>>92475024

I notice that every cpg thread sems fascinated by Biotechnica.
My PCs (for a oneshot) are currently working for them. I wonder if the handler should fuck them over...
>>
>>92479287
They are definetely an anomaly in the setting. Corps are presented as big bads of the world, vying for power and influence.
Then you have Biotechnica who has the entire world around their finger, contorlling fuel licence, revitalizing nature and having no major incidents. And on top of that, they're portrayed as a good guy corp. Even the videogame makes a jab at this in the corpo start.

For your campaign, I think you should definetely tease your players about Biotechnica fucking them over and doing what most corps would do. Foreshadow it a bit or have an NPC warn them etc. And then shatter the expectation by not doing it.
I think that's the idea of Biotechnica in actual gameplay.
>>
>>92471545
>11 sessions
??? How much improvement points does he give you? More than max every time? This is CP:R right?
>>
>>92471081
I am reminded of the admittedly corny but rational motivation of 'why save the world? It's cause I live in it you idiot.'

If it's early in a plot you can maybe rationalize it as scoping it out for a potential payout. If it's late, you can argue your character is invested in at least seeing it to the end.

If none of these things, sometimes as a player you just have to sack up and take your narrative lumps. Make sure to comment on it to your GM though if it bothers you, though I'd recommend bringing it up in private.
>>
>>92471262
I know very few people that like roleplaying boring day to day stuff, primarily because people already do that irl.
You can aim for interesting "day to day" stuff that is common in cyberpunk but not otherwise. A good friend of the players in trouble with a gang, a corp trying to evict them for some reason, they themselves being kidnapped by human traffickers. All pretty common in a setting but easily a whole session of getting to the bottom of what caused it and resolving it.
>>
>>92476021
Mecha from 80s
>>
>>92462668
I always wondered why did Kerry lose his buffness in the game
>>
Okay, I probably need some funny ideas or not.
One of my players is a rockerboy, and is going to be in a concert. She picked an Elvis Presley song to sing.
Should I make Smasher randomly show up to listen or...?
>>
>>92479526
RED
About 150%-200% of what's RAW.
We do it like that:
>Party get IP depending on how well it went
>Everyone get IP from all 4 categories, not two we Excell at
>Achievements can be (and usually are) traded for 20IP

Also once I got a level up as a session reward, because I'm an exec and we did a side mission to off my superior, so I'd be promoted to fill in for him.

Anyway, with 6 man party, my two sidekicks I thank God our Lawman never used his ability for a backup.
>>
>>92481167
Maybe a bit too high-treat.
Church of elvis/ Elvis posergang however...
>>
>>92481167
I had an idea a while back for a job.

>a corpo wants a rare vinyl Elvis Presley record
>when the job is done meet out in some abandon building
>arasaka av's show up and the ground shakes as adam smasher walks in
>Smasher says "Preem, thanks for tracking this down chooms. Eddies are in the briefcase over there" and walks out

Would be funny to end a job like that, see them shitting themselves. The problem with something like that though is you can only really do it once.
>>
You think you could use FNF and 2020 to make skirmish game? What would you change and what would you keep?
>>
>>92479287
Honestly, that 3rd corporation report book should have been a Petrochem/Biotechnica splatbook instead of SovOil getting a slot, because Petrochem is the primary client of Biotechnica for their CHOOO2 yeast, and probably their crop seeds for their foodstuff subsidiaries as well.
Hell, canonically, Biotechnica makes mutants to sell to other corps for their shady purposes (see Tales from Forlorn Hope, the Romania adventure), lord knows what else have those fucks come up with inside their many biotech lab facilities
>>
>>92483431
This, but also if the party wants Smasher as a contact I would let them. The guy can very easily kill them and if they keep giving him what he wants he’ll pay em but he’s less their choom and sees them as useful meat for his niche interests. Don’t humanize him though, like if someone bumps into him by accident they die
>>
>>92477439
I just want to do a party kill where it's him in Rhinestone-decked Dragoon armor blasting A LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION A LITTLE MORE ACTION through the building loudspeakers while he goes on a slaughtering rampage.
>>
>>92483894
>FNFF
>skirmish game
Are you insane
>>
>>92483431
I had zero premise for Adam, zero seeds that anything similar to this would happen but I'm stealing this for my game.
Fucking nova idea choom
>>
File: 8ac.gif (1.48 MB, 333x239)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB GIF
>>92476753
>>92477439
>Arasaka combat aerodyne crashes into the scene chasing the party
>Music starts blasting from the AV's loudspekaers
>" Well, it's one for the money two for the show! Three to get ready now go, cat, go! "
>>
File: 1576168046960.jpg (20 KB, 198x249)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
I kind of feel like an asshole killing most of the NPCs on the last act on the saga's gigs
>>
so why do people dislike player controlled netrunners again? Because they bog down the gameplay or something?
>>
>>92488813
Because it's an intricate mechanical section of the game that (most likely) only one player is engaging in while everyone else is sitting around doing jack shit
>>
>>92488856
Just hope the 2070 supplement will make netrunning a smidge more streamlined.
>>
How powerful is the NCPD exactly? I feel like both the ttrpg and vidya portray them as generally pretty toothless, but certain elite units like Maxtac are a potential TPK like Smasher.

I've been reading about LA's Rampart division and El Salvador's recent attempts to curb gang violence and figured they'd be great inspiration for a campaign. Basically NC has had enough and decides to pass sweeping reforms giving the NCPD new powers to arrest anyone they see fit in an attempt to finally stop the city's crippling violent crime problem. The NCPD also recieves huge cashflow from mysterious coporate donors to expand their forces, maybe subcontracts corps like Militech, Lazarus and Danger Gal to make up for the lack of manpower/materiel.

Alot of Cyberpunk campaigns focus on corporate espionage, but I don't think enough emphasis is given to how much of desperate shithole NC is and how much it must suck to live there, gangs run the streets and police do nothing. Every PC is a violent criminal engaging in a never ending cycle of death and misery and I want to remind players of that. Give them a "are we the baddies?" moment, but still make the NCPD heavy handed and indiscriminate enough to justifying fighting against them.

Has anybody had experience running a campaign where the police are the main antagonist? I realise for some people police brutatlity is a touchy subject and I'm trying to make a political statement, I just think the NCPD (and by extension Night Corp) is underutilised as a faction and would make a good big bad rather than the usual Arasaka, Militech, Biotechnica etc.
>>
>>92490668
>*I'm not trying to make a political statement
>>
>>92481167
>Smasher shows up to the concert in his Gemini body
>Point out to the player that there's a hot guy in the front row who seems to be really enjoying the concert. Describe him as an Elvis poser rocking a bit of a unique style but try not to spoil the reveal.
>Afterwards Smasher sends gifts to the player along with a phone number under a pseudonym. "Adam King" or maybe just "King" if the first name is too obvious.
>If the player reciprocates his advances then RP a few dates and drop subtle hints of who he really is
>If the player has sex with Smasher then give the player an achievement SMASH'D and Smasher fucks off never to contact the player again.
>Alternatively, if the relationship goes sour than Smasher becomes a psycho stalker and you give the PC reason to shit their pants
>>
>>92488394
>c'mon baby put on your blue suede shoes and lets go dancing!
>roll intiative
>>
>>92485516
What's wrong with that? Small scale skirmish game, it'd work pretty well, no?

As in, 5 units max on each side. It'd be pretty chunky and slow, sure, but I enjoy the combat a lot in 2020. Am I retarded?
>>
>>92484064
There is a TMNT & Other Strangness conversion to Interlock/2020.
Found it on some website. If my internet is still working when I get home. I’ll post it. Works for RIFTS too.
>>
>>92490872
Maybe go with LEMME SMASH ?
>>
>>92491741
hey whatever pun works best.
>>
>>92481304
Ah I see, that makes more sense then. At first I thought you played such a long time to get to that point, but yea, I can see how these rules boost your progression.

Also that is 500% the normal amount. It's usually group or primary or secondary, whichever nets you more.

On that note how do other Anons hand out IP? It really does seem like peanuts when I read it RAW
>>
>>92491144
Found it
blackspot.homestead.com/files/mutant.html
>>
>>92481911
I wonder how would Smasher think about Elvis gangs, maybe leave them (mostly) alone because they fulfill his niche? I think there was also a gang that he leaves alone because they're entertaining to him. Maelstorm, or something.
>>
>>92488813
Hit locations bogged down the game as well, but people didn't complain about them because everybody had to deal with it.
The problem was that the Net wasn't engaging for non-Runner players.
>>92488603
I recently realised my character actively makes the city a worse place to live and I didn't feel good about it. Egotistic power grabbing doesn't matter much when you're in a gutter, but high rank PCs can really make a mess.
>>
What is it with this systems official NPCs obsession with Elvis anyway?
>>
>>92501854
Hail to the king baby
>>
File: 1652852158986.jpg (300 KB, 1024x729)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
I can't come up with serious gangs for the life of me. My brain defaults to Seinfield with guns and the fucking minions but buff.
Please help me, I need some kind of medevial/primitive gang that uses swords, spears and bows that isn't "Robin Hood: Men in Tights"
>>
>>92502063
The Grognards, a medieval group of buff neckbeards with swords.
>>
>>92501854
In the 80's and 90's being into Elvis is the equivalent of people now being into 80's and 90's music.
>>
Any way to get 4d6 damage and the 'melee ignores half armor' in a single attack profile that does not require martial arts?
>>
>>92504984
Very Heavy Melee Weapons do 4d6 damage baseline.
Unless you meant not melee at all
>>
>>92505012
Sorry, I meant from the body 11+ 4d6
I have to hit people with my fists
>>
>>92471081
If there is no monetary reward then that is carte blanche to enrich yourself in any way you see fit during the mission. Acquire the bio weapon and avert disaster, then sell it on the black market and sleep peacefully on a pile of cash while some other city is getting sludged instead.
>>
>>92502063
I was inspired by the Knight nomads from Night City Stories (I don't think they did anything knightly it was just cool). My NC has a nomad clan larping as knights, they fortified a medieval times and hold church and court on Sundays for locals who need guidance. They're generally good people and used to do a lot more 'questing against evil' until their old clan leader Arthur Knight got zero'd by raffen shiv. Now his brother is in charge and way more withdrawn. If players want, going to medieval times can count as a week of therapy. The Knights also have a netrunner named Merlin who is an expert at modifying Night City's DMV records to get his friends out of traffic trouble.
>>
File: Arasaka.png (120 KB, 425x191)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
How did Arasaka get back from the nuclear ashes?
>>
>>92507542
They have multiple branches, facilities etc. Most importantly Saburo Arasaka remained and being the gigachad nip imperialist that he is, the old bastard fixed it.
>>
While North Korea is known for being a hellhole run by Juche Communists, South Korea went in the complete opposite direction. The government is basically held hostage by Samsung and its 80+ subsidiaries (and to a lesser degree SK, Hyundai, and LG) as it's the nation's largest employer and controls 20% of their GDP (for reference, America's largest employer Walmart makes up only 2% of the economy). Demand for a job with Samsung is so high all the country's children spend 16 hours a day studying to try to get into top universities before getting plastic surgery as adults to be more attractive and boost their chances, and even then the company has its own standardized tests to filter applicants. On two separate occasions, Samsung executives have been pardoned by the President after corruption scandals in order to preserve the economy
>>
>>92507996
Is this cyberpunk fiction or reality? I can't tell these days...
>>
>>92507542
Imagine everything we know Tencent does. Arasaka did that and more. Losing Night City hurt but they had facilities everywhere.
>>92507996
I can't tell if this is real life or cyberpunk lore. I just know that Samsung steals everything it can, usually with the government forcing companies to sell trade secrets for pennies just to operate in South Korea.
>sent by my Galaxy I just wish that Samsung stole a good battery blueprint for smartphones
>>
Where did adam smasher come from? Not in the in-game sense. But actually, like how johnny and morgan were the PCs of the developers (right?). When and where did old adam first show up?
>>
File: sddefault (1).jpg (24 KB, 640x480)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Has anyone here found a reasonable but large collection of attachments? My tech wants silencers and pic rel bc he's gonna be a gun nerd techie. Everything I've found is wierd and balanceless or takes two paragraphs to explain.
I'm thinking of defaulting to +1 to aimed shots / -1 to range DV and just making silencers make it 100% silent to keep it cool and lean. This shouldn't break anything right?
>>
>>92488813
My trick is to give the netrunner one or two meat actions before something happens that involves the rest of the party. (Gonk off the street, roaming guard, resident/customer, high dv password to be physically found inside.)
>>
>>92513158
The key to remember is the only thing that breaks RED is ROF. It’s that which snaps the action economy over it’s knee
Minor increases and decreases don’t cause too much trouble and archery weapons/ dart weapons are all silent anyway.
>>
>>92513158
For RED? Probably, at the very most a gun should have +1 excellent, +1 smart grip, +1 when aimed shot. But don't forget that -2 due to complex actions is a thing, so you could have mods that work in specific situations to reduce that penalty. If the players really wanna be autistic for mission prep they might enjoy it. But I'm not super into guns so I can't even imagine what those upgrades could be. Maybe something like cold weather insulation (I know the snow plane crash adventure doe 2020 mentioned how Alaskan cold could ruin unprotected guns and cyberware, MGS said that too).

Also don't forget that in Danger Gal you can modify upgrades. So you can just get a bigger magazine then tech upgrade it to give you ammo selector of your choice. Or tech upgrade a front mount shotgun/grenade launcher to have another round.

For silencers I say the pop is DV13 to hear it, can be made difficult (-2) in a loud area and every few range bands you can put on another -2.

You're definitely right to try and keep things simple.
>>
>>92513158
I could've sworn I remember reading somewhere that all guns in the Cyberpunk universe have internal suppressors, which aren't silent, but aren't as loud as normal gunshots in our world. But I can't find it. Too much Black Lace I guess, I'm making shit up now

But also keep in mind Hollywood-tier silencers don't exist. Suppressed guns still make noise. Making gunshots completely silent kind of ruins the niche that archery and grabbing/choking have. Those are supposed to be the truly silent options.
>>
>>92513633
nta but can you explain further on this? I have an upcoming lone boss and thinking of giving him one extra ROF when players trigger something special, like a DPS race. I can just give him an extra turn, but I wonder why not ROF (other than special cases?)
>>
>>92513897
ROF is a balance between what you can do in a single turn, whether it’s ranged or melee. The hurricane shotgun is a 5d6 ROF gun that can become a crit machine, and all melee attacks aside from VHM is ROF 2. So it allows you to do more.
Example: cyberpsycho has a hurricane, linear frame, and let’s say judo martial art. He can blast a PC with a single shot, potentially taking a good chunk out of him, run up to a wall and punch it out and go inside giving him cover for the next turn. All of that in the span of 3 seconds.
>>
>>92513897
The more attacks you can take per turn, the quicker shit will be dead. In D&D, many classes get extra attacks. But the game is built with upward linear progression; players and enemies are all getting more and more health as the players progress. In Cyberpunk, that shit is static and never changes, outside of fringe cases with cyberware. So getting more opportunities to chip away at health per turn is going to make things go exponentially faster. It's why all the weapons with high ROF in the base game do worse damage, to counterbalance this
>>
>>92513158
>reasonable but large collection of attachments?
https://montreal.dataterm.ca/netshops/2955/armaments/

Other than this, Golden Chrome
>>
>>92514035
>>92514042
Thanks. I increased ROF for one enemy on the fly because my players decided to piss off a high-ranking corp member and promptly fled when he started attacking with ROF3 even though they outnumber him 4 to 1.
That was for narrative stuff but I wonder how would it fare in an actual fight. But now I know, and I will give the lone boss an extra turn to compensate
>>
File: techie-9198116-normal.jpg (79 KB, 355x500)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>92514139
Nice site, ty
>>92513719
You are completely correct which is why I asked for silencers and not supressors.
>But also keep in mind Hollywood-tier silencers don't exist
I mean, neither do cyberlimbs but it's cool as fuck so I'll include it somehow. I decided to run my games prioritizing fun and cool factor over practicallity and realism. No one took bows or martial arts this time around so I'm not worried about stepping on toes either.
>>92513651
Yeah, Its RED. So woukd non stackable +1 be fine then? Apart from quality binus, you can really only aim down ine sight.
Yea the issue is I'm not really a gun nut, he is, so while I could spend hours making attachments, I'm not gonna have fun doing it, and I might miss the appeal.
>danger gal
I'll take a look at that and forward it to him too, thanks.
Hmm so i could just copy the shotgun shot DV as silencer noise? That seems simole enough.

Thanks for your help anons, really apreciate it <3
>>
Why is DEX and REF different stats? What gameplay purpose does it serve?
>>
>>92516052
So melee and shooting aren't all tied to the same stat, which would make it a brainless non-choice
>>
>>92516364
But you swing melee weapons with BODY. You could easily split melee and ranged into BODY\REF.
>>
>>92516466
Melee in RED uses dex. I don't know about older editions
>>
>>92516478
I've been running CPRed for 2 years and I've only ever used BODY. Oops.
>>
Kinda wierd how Body isn't used for anything in common gameplay. And it isn't just the "hp stat" because WILL also gives hp but has asociated skills. Homebrewing something with it is so common too.
not using luck for a gambling skill is a wasted oppurtunity too
>>
>>92516755
In my world where DEX was a defensive stat exclusively, I really don't see a reason to keep both it and REF around. I figured BODY was an expression of your general physicality.
>>
>>92515735
Shotgun for a silenced weapon is great. And maybe unsilenced is +4 (not that hearing a gunshot is hard but pinpointing it is) so the DV starts as low as 9, and you can impose a -2 or -4 penalty for a loud environment (a city street vs a construction site).

If your player is a cool dude you can always say 'hey I'm willing to try anything but homebrew has to be playtested and might not be viable in the end (the upgrade gets lost or destroyed and can't be remade).'

As far as inventions and upgrades go, I wonder how an assault rifle with the range table of an SMG would go (basically a carbine). A potential x4 autofire multiplier at SMG ranges would be crazy in close combat but as far as single shot goes it would just be a shotgun (maybe slightly worse depending on if you prefer 0-6m or 7-12m).
>>
So I have a player that kind of wants to be Rebecca but melee-focused. I have two combat questions
1. Do I break anything if the punches auto hit if it was lead from a grab? I don't think it's possible to break out from those hands other than managing it with a severe penalty and/or body limit.
2. This more of "rule of cool" than anything, but I imagine these punches can push people around. Not to exaggerated pinball effect but something to the words of "you push (enemy) three squares". the table is kind of lacking on crowd control stuff for hard gigs. How should I do this so it won't be easily abused?
My questions are probably retarded
>>
>>92523219
>Do I break anything if the punches auto hit
??? Yes? Keep in mind a grapple is not having someone in a chokehold. Its the equivalent of grabbing someone by the shirt. Holds like that are covered by martial arts.
>push people around
This depends exclusively on how many environmental hazards you run. Also keep in mind punches are ROF 2, so plan accordingly. Pushing someone 12m in 2s is ridiculous. Rule of cool still needs some suspension of disbelief.
Bonuses on the shove action and making it more reliable is the way I'd run it. Shoveing doesn't make or break combat so I would even allow that to be an autosucces with the arms. But with clause to limit it, like empty hands.

All if the above also depends on how you handle the implant itself. If it's borgware, let it be stronger. If it's normal cyberarms make it weaker, Take up slots for extra stuff etc

Also check with the player what their gameplan is. No sense wasting your time on graplle and shove rulings that won't come up if they just wanna smash gonks. A reflavoured linear frame does exactly that.

Also sell them gas grenades for CC man, those are cool
>>
Input/Output was found.
Meaning that aside from one crossover and Japanese books, Cyberpunk 2020 is digitally archived.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RonZxtTYpwYWDeqGBbSLUIgR43I66402
>>
>>92523219
So you want to grapple and get a free damage roll? That could be pretty nuts. You can choke instead of making an attack that deals your BOD as direct damage (I feel like this is usually weaker because even at BOD8 you'd have 3d6 unarmed damage, maybe it's better if you don't have martial arts and deal with full armor). What if your bigger cyberarms give you a free choke when you grapple if you take a -8 penalty (aimed shot, grab right at the throat but only works on the mookiest of mooks)? That way you get some bonus damage and 1 of the 3 choke turns required immediately? You could stat these as soviet cyberarms with all of the drawbacks but full-priced (500€$) and this special grapple/choke. As for breaking a grapple the Akido martial arts let's you impose a -2 by spending an action and making a skill check, if we had cyberware do something similar it should just be -1 maybe. Also don't forget that grappling puts a -2 on all involved parties, so maybe changing that's another way of looking at it.

I've always wanted damage from movement. Maybe we are looking at this wrong, have a melee weapon like Big Knucks (but way more expensive) that whenever you hit and deal damage (regardless of final damage due to armor) the target must test Athletics (DV13 seems right but DV15 means more chances of failure) and if they fail they move 1 square/2m per X total damage. For example if it was a Very Heavy Big Knucks (4d6) you could have it be 10 damage, so it's either 1 or 2 squares at most (max damage is 29 so no 3 squares). Or if it was Heavy Big Knucks you could move 1 square (or 2 on a crit) but with RoF2 you could potentially get 4 (but this is insanely lucky) and the big appeal would be you could move someone in two different directions like back 1 square, step up, and attack again to push them left or right into danger.

Ultimately let the table know that house rules are subject to change. If they're OP they get tossed out. That's how playtesting goes.
>>
>>92505025
Then no, at least by default rules. The whole point of Martial Arts is having that armour reduction advantage.
>>
>>92513897
It's ok for bosses to cheat action economy a little since they go 1vN.
But it's very easy to make such boss more difficult than you intended.
An attack that triggers of damage dealt to the boss is a w fun idea.
>>
>>92522281
I dunno if I was being clear, I meant the shotgun DV range table to hit, and just use it as a table DV values for people at those ranges to hear you, regardless of what weapon you use.

He's a cool dude but a but tied uo with stuff, so the reason I reserched it insted is because he couldn't find anything worthwhile.

Autofire shotgun sounds wack
>>
>>92526706
>Autofire shotgun sounds wack
Why not use helix with shotgun range table instead of ARs?
Or am I not understanding something crucial to this though process?
>>
>>92527951
I don't dig that style. Automatic shotguns absolutely wreck everything in movies, videogames and real life in their effective range.
So it's not that it wouldn't work, it would work too well. Like, I can't narratively imagine anything surviving an automatic shotgun being unloaded into it; be it cover, vehicles or humans.
Imagine an endless onslaught of any thing on pic rel. At 6m. Idk how to narrate things surviving it
>>
>>92528254
Military grade hardware probably would - I mean vehicles.
Also, it's surprising how well a body armour can protect against projectiles.
>https://midwestarmor.com/how-to-choose-the-right-body-armor/
Well, I just checked and it looks like a single slug, while not able to penetrate category IV armour (Flak in universe i guess) would still cause debilitating injury.
Now imagine getting shot with a 20 shots in a single burst - man you're vaporized, not just dead.

Anyway, new drones. Changelog:
>Weapon eligibility changed
>Borg weapon is now a separate upgrade
>Plating SP tweaked to 11SP and 13SP
>Movement system now adds +5 instead of +10 SDP
>Role Ability is rewritten to go along with corebook format
>The Machinist description is rewritten
>New Gear (Bodyweight but for drones, and a thingy that repairs drones and vehicles to save on downtime)
>>
File: French-Raid-with-Vepr.jpg (33 KB, 800x500)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>92528254
Gun autist here, you're right to a degree: automatic shotguns can be nasty fucking pieces of work situationally.

Their big downsides are ammo capacity (pic related is an 8rd magazine, my Saiga's 10 rounders are a foot long), the bulk and weight of those huge mags to carry enough ammo for a fighting load, that kind of shit. They also don't do shit against armor (modern NIJ level IIa armor will stop most shotgun projectiles).

In a short firefight against unarmored opponents I can't think of much I'd rather have. But there are definitely some serious realism-based downsides to be considered and potentially implemented depending on how crunchy you like your gameplay and combat.
>>
>>92529589
>Well, I just checked and it looks like a single slug, while not able to penetrate category IV armour (Flak in universe i guess) would still cause debilitating injury
It wouldn't feel good to tank a 1oz slug with a level 4 plate but there's plenty of footage of guys fighting through 7.62x54r rounds to the plate. Certainly it's not going to cause "debilitating injury," but it would hurt.

With soft armor you would DEFINITELY feel it but it still wouldn't necessarily take you out of the fight.
>>
>>92529638
>the bulk and weight of those huge mags to carry enough ammo for a fighting load
Fixed with cyberware
>They also don't do shit against armor
APFSDS, Flechettes, HEAT, and Thermite shells all deal armor piercing damage
>>
Are break-action and pump-action shotguns obsolete next to automatic shotguns?
>>
>>92507542
After the unification war, Night City became properly independent vs part of america, after being kicked out of the states after the nuke. So they came back in 2070 after 50 years away to 'fix' things
>>
>>92530218
Cyberware fixes weight but not bulk. Again the biggest issue is the sheer size of 12ga shells
>APFSDS, Flechettes, HEAT, and Thermite shells all deal armor piercing damage
Sure, in the game. But anon was talking about shotgun shells IRL. And IRL even if you solve the armor pen issue of 12ga projectiles, there's no getting around the sheer size of a box mag of 12ga, which inherently limits the gun's rate of fire.
The GIGN operator in >>92529638 can rain down 8 (or 9, depending on how he loaded the gun) rounds of pure hell, but then he's dry and needs to reload the gun.

To me, from a balance perspective, that seems like the answer to anon's quandary. The weapon is absolutely devastating but runs dry extremely quickly.
>>
>>92530362
Perhaps
I’d definitely argue that if you have a pump action you can load a single shot of special ammunition in a round
>>
>>92530362
IRL auto and semiauto shotguns tend to have spotty reliability due to the massive variance in pressure and loadings available. Combat-oriented guns tend to be tuned to cycle slugs and full-power buckshot but as a result will choke on lighter loads, loads tuned for lower recoil, or specialty rounds. And vice versa tuning it so it can cycle those means premature wear if it runs full-power buckshot or slugs, and it's still not going to cycle certain specialty loads correctly. Manual actions sidestep this question completely, often for a fraction of the price; right now you can buy a reliable pump-action shotgun for under $200, they're some of the cheapest guns on the market.
>>
>>92532384
>inherently limits the gun's rate of fire.
How exactly does it limit gun's rate of fire? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>92529638
>They also don't do shit against armor (modern NIJ level IIa armor will stop most shotgun projectiles).
Load order:
>Shell
>Slug
>Shell
>Slug
>Shell
>Slug
>Shell
>Slug
>>
>>92532817
So you're saying that the wacky rule of special ammo not working with exotics is based on something real?
>>
>>92533563
Needing to reload every 8 to 10 shots is going to slow a shooter down big time, anon. Consider a standard-capacity rifle magazine is 30 rounds.

Even the biggest 12ga drums usually hold 25 rounds. Inherent reliability issues of drum mags aside (this and the size are the reason nobody using these guns occupationally is running drums), that gets you ALMOST as many shots between reloads as a standard-capacity assault rifle magazine.

>>92533725
I guess but again, most 12ga slugs don't pen typical soft body armor. A 1oz projectile travelling 1500 feet per second is certainly going to hurt when it hits that vest, but it's not going through it. Obviously AP slug designs exist, and the game has its own ways around this using tech that we either don't have or people have never bothered to develop. And getting hit 8 times with a 12ga is going to fuck your day up regardless of if it pens the soft armor vest you're wearing.
>>
>>92534457
I guess? I think it makes sense for exotic weapons to be so hyperspecifically tuned to one type of ammo that they don't work with others. That's often true with people's riced-out guns, and things like building a gun around shooting with a suppressor affecting its gas system can mean that it only plays nice with certain loadings or even won't function without the suppresor etc.
>>
>>92534511
Another good very common example of this is people will often buy a glock and because the glock aftermarket is so robust, they start modifying the gun, ship of theseus style.

And it's very typical for the end result, due to tolerance-stacking, weight changes in moving parts, tweaking spring tensions etc, that the resulting gun will only reliably cycle specific ammo whereas the same gun from the factory would eat anything you fed it.

Now whether that's what they were going for with the ammo rule with exotic weapons, idk. But that's how I choose to interpret it as a gun nerd.
>>
>>92534480
>ALMOST
Anon I meant it as a full auto burst that would obliterate anyone
>>
>>92490964
>Am I retarded?
Not at all, the FNFF system on its own makes for a perfectly good, high detailed, skirmish game. Go for it anon.
>>
>>92523527
Hell yeah!
>>
>>92530362
>12 shells
>>
>>92476021
He doesn't need to watch anime, he IS anime.
>>
>>92471081
What do the other players think?
>>
Do y'all know of any jumps with magic with a supplement mode?
>>
>>92536359
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 1645193214033.jpg (93 KB, 748x660)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>92529638
But I don't want to do crunch, i wanna narrate cool shit going down. As believeably as I can.
All the downsides you mentioned are handwaived in a game. There's really no point in me describing how its bulky and mags are big and slugs are the default armor wrecking ammo. I don't imagine fights lasting long enough for ammo count being a factor either, especially since you will probbably end it even sooner with an auto shotty. It's not a wargame
>>92529589
That's good to know. Man, slugs are intimidating. What about slugs vs vehicles?

Also is it just an impression or does RED really have a hate boner against heavier armour? Stuff like flak you mentioned reducing move is so debiliating. Nomads on vehicles could get good mileage out of it tho.
>>
File: Oda.png (3.39 MB, 2000x1500)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB PNG
>>92457288
got a surprise for you since i know this general is crawling for it:
new trailer for Cyberpunk
https://cyberdrop.me/f/IfVaRAtH5gH2Q?video
>>
File: StromerAMA .png (770 KB, 903x1024)
770 KB
770 KB PNG
>>
>>92537759
>Also is it just an impression or does RED really have a hate boner against heavier armour? Stuff like flak you mentioned reducing move is so debiliating. Nomads on vehicles could get good mileage out of it tho.
You must have high enough stats to properly use heavier armor, and plan encounters around you having it i.e. you don't come to enemies, enemies come to you (or you use ranged weapons, duh).
My group prefers running around (and some of us have quite low combat stats) so we run around in subdermals and LightJacks and do meme about flak and the like, but then our GM throws a heavy armored (mini)boss at us and suddenly they are bastards to kill.
>>
>>92532359
No, it’s independent in the time of the red. Militech sent out the unification protocol sometime in the 2060s. Arasaka reps sit on the council in the time of the red.
>>
File: AS7-D Atlas.jpg (67 KB, 478x800)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
In 2020 are there any cyberwares to install guns in your body? I know there are a few for limbs, and full borgs can even replace their arms with guns. But I mean like a shoulder mounted gun or gun-tits. I've got an idea for a character based off of pic-rel and ideally I'd like to recreate the AC/20 mount if I could
>>
>>92534882
No I get what you mean, I'm just saying if someone was trying to balance that type of gun that would be the way. You get 1 burst and now it's empty.

>>92537759
I mean that's up to you and/or your ref, but I enjoy a degree of granularity and realism to my gunplay. You don't have to go full wargame with it to allow yourself some roleplay that keeps certain options from being totally unbalanced. There's a pretty robust system for tactical combat under the hood there for people who are inclined.
>>
File: 1655820546616.jpg (39 KB, 720x714)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>92538748
It doesn't matter how high your stats are you get the same mallus either way. Still a seizable hit to your stats, especially move. It hits everything combat related - ranged, melle, dodging even driving. The more I think about it the more it seems like heavier armour wasn't meant for combatants, but VIPs and escort targets.
>>92542046
I allow any degree of roleplay, that's fine with me. I love that stuff. Which is why I don't wanna crunch, break the system or narrate ridiculous stuff to impede it.
If you have some clear system to run this or flavourful narration how you survive a gonk unloading one of these into you, i would love to read it. I don't want to sound mean, I just really don't know how.
>>
>>92542673
>If you have some clear system to run this or flavourful narration how you survive a gonk unloading one of these into you, i would love to read it.
So again my game tends to lean into real-world stuff pretty hard, a lot of us are former military and all of us are gun nerds. With something like an autoshotty, if a player is using it then they need to be very conscious of how and when they deploy it so they don't get caught with their ass hanging out of cover with a dry gun, and the size of the magazines limits its utility for anything other than short-and-sweet firefights. If it's a goon using one, again I treat it as, only specifically-loaded AP slugs (which are not common) are punching through most decent armor, but you don't want your ass hanging out when they let it it rip in your general direction, and after that initial burst, you have a window to press the advantage. And if you're wearing heavy enough armor to tank the burst, then they're fucked.

It's definitely not for everyone, I understand that. But we enjoy that level of tactical veracity and find that it does add a lot to combat roleplaying-wise. And to be clear a lot of this happens at the narrative level.
>>
Something that has long bugged me is that Armor is so damn good.
Apparently it’s accurate to real life too. But you don’t see gangsters or common thugs running around in bulletproof vests. Not even in Cyberpunk series.
Also apparently different lengths of rounds have different effects on body armor which 2013, 2020 or RED fail to measure. Just big calibre = big number.
>>
File: 1682693857230731.jpg (899 KB, 2020x1079)
899 KB
899 KB JPG
>>92545739
>Apparently it’s accurate to real life too. But you don’t see gangsters or common thugs running around in bulletproof vests.
Yeah the issue is there's a ton of snakeoil salesmen in the armor industry taking advantage of the fairly obtuse certification processes to sell morons shit that doesn't work. If you know what you're doing it's pretty easy (and not very expensive) to get plates that are on-par if not better than what is issued to most militaries (if you live in the US). But the target demographic of ignorant retards can instead be shockingly easily convinced to buy stuff that fails to stop very common threats and has never been tested or certified by any governing body of any kind.
>Also apparently different lengths of rounds have different effects on body armor
Yeah, pic related is 7.62x39 (intermediate round the AK shoots) next to 7.62x51 (a standard NATO full-power rifle round) and 7.62x54r (the rough Warsaw Pact equivalent)

The two on the right shoot quite a bit further and hit quite a bit harder, and require a completely different armor rating to stop.
>>
>>92538288
MODS
>>
File: 1000001629.png (350 KB, 1000x1000)
350 KB
350 KB PNG
>I've been playing the same campaign server basically since the release of RED
>Rank 9
MFW some anon just plays on 500% exp

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.