[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1year!.png (536 KB, 713x715)
536 KB
536 KB PNG
Happy Birthday /eadsttcoteg/! Edition

>What is this?
/TG/ DEVELOPED GAME
IT IS PLAYABLE.
EXPEDITION - an ~1870s era, Jules Verne-inspired retro-futurist, underground blood soaked adventurescape.
It is a Skirmish wargame. Two players with their own expeditions, on a hexgrid map, fight each other for victory.
A campaign mode is planned, and currently in the works. (you) are encouraged to contribute.

3 versions of the rules exist, TWO of which have been playtested:
>1e - proof of concept, recently updated with unit stats
>2e - lead by 2e anon, playtests started, ~75% done. Campaign system is developed here.
>3e - Replaced 4e because it died. Spearheaded by 3e anon, needs more playtests, rules present in the doc

>What can I do?
Shitpost, meme, get comfy. Read over the docs to settle in.
Familiarize yourself with rules and plan some playtests.
Contribute if you have ideas. Give feedback on contributions if you don't.

> TQ : Since we are reaching this threashold, should we rework the OP with a focus on streamlining it for new folks? 1e and 3e have not seen work in at least 6+ months, should we perhaps archive them somewhere (this is 2e anon so I don't want to be making that call myself).

Old
>>92416368
>>
File: 1e.pdf (346 KB, PDF)
346 KB
346 KB PDF
>>92493882
>TL;DR Doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LxdaGoBlJRTMuziMDupG5TeeFwNDnsIW2pfaRAcFDgA
>Main Lore Doc, including links to anon-written short stories and additional lore in "Recommended..." section
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bRrxdD1BMLmcMDFeszwqg2Rcjrt8DDo7tjAxoOB6KQ8
>2e Rule Books, CORE RULES REVISION OUT NOW!
https://app.mediafire.com/us7vnek39dc6k
>3e Rules Doc (READY FOR MORE PLAYTESTS)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14ZpHhEyUbjt-SCx2xuAd0lyh7Rs4J7rK5kHkljqykhk/
> Unit Spreadsheet - Currently outdated, requires an update
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rcleQtrT4Q0INiBW50-kq2ZXWJ-cjLOeVTLTJg_oX5E
>Unit Design Doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n0X89OdMPXJKQGm6kYcOABjhjE4NZER1fvmpDmDX1JA
>>
File: LaOmbre0.01.pdf (398 KB, PDF)
398 KB
398 KB PDF
And here's a birthday gift for you.
I have also added the "Dread doesn't go down + Rally Action" to the rulebook, and I'm finishing up some touches to a "the floor is opening up!" Scenario as well as one for "there are Lemurs in the walls!". I should be uploading that either tonight or tomorrow morning.
>>
>its been pretty much a year since I suggested the Oneirophobia idea

damn, time flies
>>
>STILL trying to force this lame shit
Tenacity isn't a virtue when it's attached to something as gay as this.
Fuck, /tg/ really is dying when a tumor like OP can stick around like this.
>>
File: 1709040242947539.png (1.15 MB, 720x1000)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>92494003
I haven't forgotten about it btw, it's on the roster for this update to Mercs.
> picrel is what I had in mind for the image but feel free to suggest otherwise.
>>
File: andrew-bonczyk-nezarec-1.jpg (675 KB, 1920x1080)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
>>92494049
alright confession time

I got the idea from Destiny 2
at the time, the boss of the new raid is called Nezarec (pic related) and his boss theme was called Oneirophobia (which means "the fear of dreams" as he's this guy who can cause nightmares etc)

but really design whatever you want, the guy looks like a fat bastard combined with a rotisserie chicken
>>
>>92494319
>Confession time
I've got one too.
You know the first Morlock image? The one before the other guy came in and fleshed them out?
It's not a fishman Pepe Edit.
It's a Grimlock Pepe Edit.
The entire Morlock subfaction started from a Grimlock shitpost.
>>
>>92494319
Kek no issue at all.
Yeah it doesn't really fit the aesthetic, but I can work with something from the notes you put in.
>>
File: HiredHand.png (1.84 MB, 1084x1459)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>Hired Hand: (1 Silver)
Worker
AP: 2
Movement: 2
Accuracy: 3
Strength: 5
Discipline: 3
Evasion: 5
Labour: 5
Awareness: 4

>Health:
2 Box
>Armour:
None.

>General Rules:
-Fear [All Hostile, Deep units]
>Special Rules:
-Work Crew:
This model may reroll excavation checks when adjacent to other Hired Hands.
-Semi-Expendable:
When this model dies, test discipline. If successful, take no dread from it’s death.

>Equipment
This model may carry three pieces of equipment, but no weapons.

>Recruitment
This model may be recruited by all (Colonial?) factions

>COMMENTARY:
The one that started it all. Chart says Cheap, expendable, digs good and easy to kill. Low discipline and fear ability make it die fast, expendability from less powerful Morlock rule. The digging rule is effectively just quick shot for digging. Cheapness should be self-evident.
>>
>>92494808
Also the fear is all Hostile AND/OR deep units.
They're superstitious workmen they're afraid of your own deep units too.
>>
>>92493953
nice.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (204 KB, 347x400)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
*ahem*
I have an announcement to make.
For this special Eadsttcoversary, a special announcement.
I know, I know, its an honor. But it must be don.e

*Ahem*

REJECT MODERNITY
EMBRACE GORG
>>
File: and to many more.png (55 KB, 839x500)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
Apologies for the lateness, life of course has continued to be busy! But I am so proud of you guys and you should be proud of yourselves! Delve ever deeper my friends!
>>
>>92494359
>The entire Morlock subfaction started from a Grimlock shitpost.
HOW COULD YOU DO THIS
INJECTING KINO INTO AGARTHA
>>
>>92499930
>ME LUV STANK
the gorg things change
the gorg they stay the same
>>
>>92499930
>Hyperborean with a solo cup
10 layers out of 9, byotiful, sublime.
>>
>>92500347
They don't call him the HYPErwarrior for nothing.
>>
>>92499925
Shut up, they got squatted for a reason and they aren't coming back! The silliness of 1e has no place in modern eadsttcoe!
>>
I've added the wish of the legfish to the loredoc and I'm in the middle of writing up the Landknecht Corps for Germany, anyone want me to add something to that or general lore tidbits that should go in?

>>92499930
Excellent. Jump Man will never be captured!
>>
>>92500645
>Deleted from the game
>But still mentioned in the stories to this day
doesn't feel very squatted to me
>>
>>92500783
>anyone want me to add something to that or general lore tidbits that should go in?
Would love to but sadly isn't my area of historic knowledge.
>>
>>92500783
>Landknecht Corps
Make sure to point out their propensity for falling down like drunk toddlers. That and the fact the Warfare Existentialists hire them in droves for private use.
>>
Anyone got a chart unit they want to see? I'm stuck on Rakkad so I'm doing other things until the brain juices unclog on him.
>>
>>92504507
Why not the Oneiro?
>>
File: img(14).png (213 KB, 696x700)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
wow has it really been a whole year? i remember like it was only yesterday, when i grabbed some wojaks and made entries for the OG compass like the saur keshig/knight, iconoclast, knight of britannia, the emperor and priestess, and so on

godspeed, expedition, godspeed

also, THEY BREACHED THE SACRED ATLAN WALL
>>
File: hrmjak.png (120 KB, 522x653)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
When I first suggested the Highland Rifleman, I made reference to a "Malcolmite Rebellion," an attempt to push the setting toward a non-historical but decidedly historically inspired direction. An 1800s fantasy world, but not actually our own. Obviously, that didn't really shake out, but I'm not too upset about that. Considering the sheer effort and passion and insanity this setting has produced, I'm more than happy with the way this has gone.
I reckon a lot of stuff that people created in the first few threads, they not only had no idea where it would eventually wind up going, but perhaps like me they even had ideas that were completely contrary to what came out of it! That's probably a good thing; the collaborative nature of this game is the very picture of "greater than the sum of its parts" in the sheer breadth of ideas explored. Napoleon's journey into the dark, the conflict between Atlantis and Atlan, the machinations of Old Mu. There's plenty of ideas in here I never would have come up with myself, but that I have contributed to after being inspired by the things other anons have created.
There's no way any of us could have predicted what Expedition: Agartha Descent would become, and I'm eager to see what else it becomes by this time next year. I'm glad it's gone on this long, and I hope to see it go on a while longer yet.
>>
File: rockbreaker.jpg (123 KB, 850x638)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
Gog and Magog started out as a shitpost greentext about one of my additions, the Lemurian Rockbreaker. He was assigned to guard a Prophet who eventually degenerated
I came up with a simple, guttural name, "Gog" unaware that it was one half of a literal biblical duo that some other anon jumped on.
Thus, the red and blue brothers were born.
Fucking crazy how this stuff worked out.
>>
im the anon who was trying to set up a three way. im sorry i wasnt able to play. ive been traveling had some car troubles. just got home.
>>
>>92505054
There were a lot of instances of "Just as foretold!" level coincidences when making this game.
A suspicious number, in fact.
>>
File: LAITONMEETSFOXOFCHANG.jpg (122 KB, 613x702)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>92505587
Fate has been written. It can be unwritten. It can be rewritten. What shall be has been and what has been shall be.
>>
>>92505818
Bad hyperbora, go back into the sky until we are ready.
>>
>>92505831
NO
>>
>>92505177
All good man, this is a hobby not a job. Take care of whatever you need, we'll work out times eventually.
>>
>>92505831
>Bad hyperbora, go back into the sky until we are ready.
WE DECIDE WHEN YOU'RE READY.
>>
>>92505177
No worries. There's always another day. And a deeper layer...
>>
>>92504968
>An 1800s fantasy world, but not actually our own.
That would have been interesting to see. I wonder what we would have come up with, but the pure insanity of this setting coupled with the historicity is the real core to everything. Non-historical flavour like Malcom's Rebellion is just the cherry on top.

The Loop continues, and who's to say that all will remain unchanged through endless cycles...
>>
>>92493953
Regarding Napoleon viewing the Loop as an affront to his ego a topside personality cult led influenced by Nietzsche would be hilarious. "The revolution made Napoleon possible: that is its justification." + "How well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?"
Those who follow his blend of messianism and glorification of eternal recurrence believe that Napoleon not only fights to PRESERVE the Loop but to lay its foundations and thereby limn his (and everyone else's) actions in immutable necessity.
>>92504808
Greeks liked theatre, right? Audience interaction via the chorus was rife, theatres were a little like the forum and oratory was a performance as much as politics. Beyond the Wall which triggered the war being nebulously located it could also be dubiously physical. What if it was the fourth wall breaking in an civic mystery cult's rite? What if such other such metafictional barriers (fifth, sixth etc...) remain and must remain intact to ward against/study the Loop and other weirdo menaces?
>>92504968
Here here and a toast to the High King Down Under!
>>
Malcolm will rise again.
>>
>>92510417
No he won't.
t.Duke Cunningham
>>
>>92514068
You ever wonder what Cunningham is up to? Especially with his personal Icelandic Guard he seems to have goals which may run contrary to those of the British at large.
>>
>>92514662
Iceland is pretty far north, but is it far enough?
>>
>>92514662
He has plans, that's for sure. But what could he be pursuing that not even the Admiralty would agree too? The British have delved the deepest of all the colonials, but there are those who have gone deeper through other means. The Franklin Expedition comes to mind...
>>
File: brits32.png (5.99 MB, 1649x1556)
5.99 MB
5.99 MB PNG
>>92515283
>>92515526
...You mean to tell me he has designs on Hyperborea itself?
>>
File: the fighting temaraire.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>92515723
naturally.
funny isnt it. how England expects every man to do his duty, and England is ruled by a woman. though, im quite sure our dear adorable queen does plenty to exceed expectation. in fact i know it! how else could she rule?
i love this painting, i do.
they say he has the ship going the wrong way, Turner i mean, but they are wrong. in truth, the liberty Tuner took was time of day.
-really? what makes you say that?
he told me so :)
>>
>>92504777
Not sure what I could do with that one but I'd be glad to give it a shot.
Chart says it has a "psychology" mechanic, do you think that ties into the fear ability and dread as a whole?
Maybe it can appear as other units but only briefly? So like an ever-shifting illusion? Would it gain any stats from other units? Who's to say!
>>
File: Malcolm.png (1.44 MB, 1024x1024)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
Remember, laddies. The only good Englishman is a dead Englishman.
>>
> Still going strong
Very happy to see the project alive and kicking.
Can someone fill me in on what has changed since Autumn? Are the games still going on?
I remember playtesting a bit in August but then life got in the way
>>
File: hehe.jpg (9 KB, 353x363)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
what do you mean a year?
I've just heard about this last week
>>
File: c3d.jpg (47 KB, 500x494)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>92522606
>I've just heard about this last week
MY BROTHER IN ATLAS
YOU'RE IN FOR A WILD RIDE
>>
>>92521451
>Can someone fill me in on what has changed since Autumn?
Come to think of it, this would be a great thread opportunity to do a good healthy lore overview wrapup, honestly.
Most of the updates are new unit lists.

>Are the games still going on?
They are, indeed!
>>
>>92522665
Sweet. I assume everyone schedules the games in the thread and then uses owlbear rodeo to play like before?
Also, from the looks of it 1e and 3e didn't change much, is 2e the "main" edition now?
>>
>>92520448

Sorry, I don't listen to junior partners.
>>
>>92523084
>Also, from the looks of it 1e and 3e didn't change much, is 2e the "main" edition now?
Aye things settled on what was 2e, most of the playtests just leaned toward it and more unit lists got done for it than the others.
Just kind of the way it went.
>>
Are you guys converting and painting models for this game? I like the idea for the world, I would love to join this schizo train
>>
>>92523698
I’m actually trying to get my friend into it. Ordering him some deep ones and deep one priests to make his Morlock list.

Now my only issue is how I’m going to make the maps Hi Res enough to print out for the table.
>>
File: IMG_1563.png (687 KB, 784x662)
687 KB
687 KB PNG
>>92524403
Forgot my pic.
>>
>>92520448
"Whither indeed, before thy here-approach,
Old Siward, with ten thousand warlike men
Already at a point, was setting forth. Now we'll together, and the chance of goodness
Be like our warranted quarrel! Why are you silent?"
>>
>>92522606
FRESH MEAT DETECED, DEPLOY THE HYPERWARRIORS
>>
Shame it's late 19th century, I would love setting like this closer to napoleonic wars with fancy uniforms and such
>>
File: IMG_1566.jpg (897 KB, 828x1154)
897 KB
897 KB JPG
>>92525675
>He doesn’t know.
>>
>>92526316
Yeah, but it's only one French expedition, right?
>>
File: IMG_1357.jpg (156 KB, 496x750)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>92526502
Technically, it’s Napoleons mad crusade to establish himself as humanity’s savior by b̵̨̧̘̼̝̪͔̩̯͈̦͖͙͕̱̈́̿̎̂̈̈͂̾͑͝͝r̴̪̥͇̦͈̯̯͔̰̙͎͚̞̻̾͊̋͜è̶̤͉̝͇̫̜͎͍͐͐͗͛̈́̈́̏̊͛͌̏̄̃̑͘̕ͅå̴̛͍̀̄̆̚͝k̷̭͌̋̍̿̍͊͂͒̈́̀͝͝î̴͍͉͈͍̥̀͘n̴̨̛͔̞̳̝̠̱̝͙̦̠̠̆͊̌͠g̵̡̨̹͚̯͔̮̞̳̫̒̏̿͒͛̀̾̂͐͆͊͑̚͜͝ ̶̧̢̡̡͇͚̮͎̮̣̪̯̯̤̣̻̿̇̔̽͐̆͋̎̀̾̆͐͛̊͊͘Ṯ̵̡̺̭͉̜̣̜̪͙͒̇̉̓̔̿ͅḪ̴͖̻̮̂͋́̒̀̇͌̌͊͐̀̈́͠͝Ḙ̷̫̞̒͌̈́͆̂̚͘͠ ̸̛͇̳̹͉̱̖̞̖͙͖̈̃̒̄̎́̎͒̊̿͂́̄̊̇L̶̳͇̹̯͙̦̻͇͓̼͓͙̗̙̒́̈̃̿̈́͋͛̕̕̚Ọ̶̡̧̳͖̤̜̻̠̪̩̞̤̱͓̫̑͛̀̈́̏̽̌̆̾͐͘̕͘͘͜͠Ȏ̴̧̨̬͎̫̙̠̠͎̟̚͜͜ͅP̴̛̼͈̠͓̊̆̈́̏̌̽͛̎͒̽̚̚͜͝͠ͅ.

The French are their own entity. It wouldn’t be a stretch to form your own lost battalion by using the rules of an existing expedition. And then just swap with your preferred minis/token and wa la.
>>
File: MRLN.png (750 KB, 1000x650)
750 KB
750 KB PNG
>>92522606
We have such sights to show you...
>>
File: atlan.png (134 KB, 268x533)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
What's up with Atlans wearing late medieval European armor while being Mesoamerican colony of Atlanteans, separated for ages?
>>
>>92528609
I think it's one of those things where the art we had might not be 100% representative of what it's like.
My plan (Should I ever come down with a classic case of Atlan Schitzophrenia) is to kitbash Wargames Atlantic Aztecs and Perry Medievals.
https://wargamesatlantic.com/products/aztec-warriors
https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product/wr-50-foot-knights-1450-1500/
>>
None of you are free from sin, you all belong in terracotta.
>>
File: Fancy Officer.png (1.28 MB, 1206x1206)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>92523698
Planning to. Just need to decide on a colour scheme then I'll order myself some perry miniatures to make Brits. The colonials are pretty easy to make in all honesty, it's the Agarthan factions where things get difficult.

>>92525675
There's plenty of fanciness in the late 19th century. Picrelated. And there's nothing that says people haven't gotten lost before...
>>
>>92529273
The historical thread has a route to the Osprey books, they've got good info on uniforms and pretty pictures.
>>
>>92526768
>>92526316
Are they ghosts or something? Where do they get provisions and ammo from?
>>
File: thedepthsofambition.png (3.79 MB, 1920x1280)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB PNG
>>92529794
>Are they ghosts or something?
Probably a few of them are, but mostly they're castoffs from other factions who have fallen in with Napoleon's rhetoric about the nature of reality and have at least a minor desire to just burn everything down if they get to be in charge of the ashes.
>Where do they get provisions and ammo from?
Expedition sponsors are an ingame mechanic that help differentiate armies. Add to that Napoleon having connections throughout the deep and a smidgen of raiding, and he's got his supplies.
>>
>>92509142
what if Crossing The Wall was a metaphor used by old Atlan thinkers to explain the relationship between Atlan and Atlantis, but the war has gone on so long it has been forgotten it was a metaphor? now the people of Atlan will go around building walls of strange shapes in strange places, often hallucinating and sometimes even manifesting parts of The Wall. The Wall is believed by Atlan to be a real physical wall that at some point in the past protected them from the rest of the world, then Atlantis broke the wall down and forced Atlan into the state its in now. Atlan believes Titanium comes from the ruins of The Wall. Atlan was an induced pregnancy and resents it, so she worships the womb. the whole country has a sort of Electra complex. thats my view of it at least.
Atlan is about as Greek as Americans are British.
>>
>>92533256
>Titanium comes from the ruins of the wall
>Atlas was a Titan who held up the firmament
>Firmament is made of crystal
>Titanium is a crystal
>It's a titanium wall that keeps the fuckery out
>A sacred wall
>Colonials launched an expedition from earth to the moon and breached it
>They crossed the wall
>The sacred Atlan wall
My god, it's all coming together
>>
>>92533288
AS ABOVE SO BELOW
AS ABOVE SO BELOW
AS ABOVE SO BELOW
>>92533288
>>
File: at last.jpg (53 KB, 500x500)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>92533288
>Titanium is blue
>The sky has always been depicted as blue
>>
File: 1507729865318.gif (356 KB, 466x350)
356 KB
356 KB GIF
>>92533288
>mfw the deepest lore is sky high
>>
>>92533288
>>92533956
>>92534032
>titking is on the highest "above" tier in the OG chart
WHAT ELSE DOES HE KNOW?
>>
File: 1633486449566.jpg (74 KB, 807x1195)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>92533256
>>92533288
They tried to warn us.
>>
File: uh.gif (1.44 MB, 498x278)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB GIF
>>92534260
LOOK AT HIS SMILE
TITKING IS HYPERBOREAN
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
A HISTORICAL TOO HEROIC FOR EVEN THE HYPERBOREANS TO BREAK
THE ONE TRUE HERO WHO COULD COMPLETE THE LOOP UNHARMED,
RETURNED TO OUR TIME TO FIGHT AGAINST FATE

>>92534666
>>666
>They tried to warn us.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: 01 - TITKING [large].png (6 KB, 384x384)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>92533256
>Atlan is about as Greek as Americans are British.
>Atlan believes Titanium comes from the ruins of The Wall. Atlan was an induced pregnancy and resents it, so she worships the womb. the whole country has a sort of Electra complex. thats my view of it at least.

>>92533345
>AS ABOVE SO BELOW

>>92533956
>Titanium is blue
>The sky has always been depicted as blue

>>92534691
>THE ONE TRUE HERO WHO COULD COMPLETE THE LOOP UNHARMED,
>RETURNED TO OUR TIME TO FIGHT AGAINST FATE
sorry, wait...

Is Titking future Napoleon?
Do we even dare to speculate that far beyond the Gano-Ducksworth? Stare so deep into the abyss?
>>
No shut up, Titking is future Captain Rakkad.
He's already known to be the only man who ever fully sailed the Alph.
>>
File: 1629124097037.jpg (39 KB, 879x578)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
All this shit with the Atlans and Titanium also starts to explain the temporal breaches. If all this bizarre shit with Titanium is going on, its perfectly reasonable to extrapolate that whoever's kicking at the foundations of time caused them.

Perhaps, a hero who intended to enter a new loop and save the future, created more problems than anyone could have ever foretold....
>>
File: kitto_power.png (3.46 MB, 3300x2728)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB PNG
So, to recap...
>Titanium is the splintered fragments of a shattered crystal sky.
>The Sacred Atlan Wall is a metaphysical warning sign.
>The Hyperborean menace has returned because Epigeans breached said wall with their hubris.
>The Titking may or may not be at least one (or more) potential heroes of the modern era, who survived a full loop and is back to save us. Who also may or may not have been corrupted by said loop in a way he doesn't understand.
>And also may or may not have brought more temporal distortions than he intended along with him.
>>
File: the hyperwar cometh.jpg (124 KB, 400x385)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>92534260
HEH.

AS.
FORETOLD.
>>
>>92534700
>>92534708
No way Titking is a hero.
Maybe he's just trying to conquer all of time, and this is just the best point on the loop to begin his quest from.
>>
File: hayouch.jpg (85 KB, 1024x985)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>92534787
>Maybe he's just trying to conquer all of time
Napoleon...
What have you done?
>>
File: Surface Factions.png (4.93 MB, 2728x2728)
4.93 MB
4.93 MB PNG
Napoleon? Rakkad? Worse.
If we're going full schizo, its possible that the Titking is, in fact, the Scion of the Deep.
>>
>>92534821
>Do not let him touch the sun.
Wait what happens if he touches the sun?
Isn't the sun just part of the illusory Psychic Sea from hyperbo-
oh no
>>
>Random anons independently put Titking at the highest Above on the OG chart and "Don't let him touch the sun." on Scion of the Deep
>Everyone would joke about Titking ending up in that spot
>The Scion text about touching the sun was surely just an off-hand joke without much thought put into it
its happening again
>>
>>92533256
A combo of Trajan/Antonius', the Great and Wailing walls would seem to fit. iirc the Mithraic cult was present among the soldiers stationed there who built their subterranean shrines into the structure. desu given Malcolm and his lads as well as Nessie (and Britain generally being old old mountains) there could've been some ancient exchange up there long since closed off and forgotten.
>Atlan was an induced pregnancy and resents it, so she worships the womb. The whole country has a sort of Electra complex.
Killer line btw. Reminds me that Vestals who violated their chastity were immured...
>>
File: Dwellers.png (4.41 MB, 2728x2728)
4.41 MB
4.41 MB PNG
>Titking is the highest above and the lowest entropic
>Equal to the star ancestor, The Empress, and the Lemurs
>Neither civilised nor barbaric
The fuck is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>92536446
>The fuck is that supposed to mean?
I DON'T KNOW AHHHHHHH
>>
I'm starting to suspect Titking is closer to a primal entity than he is a mortal man
... but he can have children?
>>
>>92536589
I always figured the pearlescent princess was his kid (Though she might canonically be Phosphorus's so I'd need to check.)
Also, in one of the test games he bisected a Lemurian Rockbreaker in a single turn, so he's at least as strong as a cave troll.
Him only coming to power recently as a result of the firmament breach would make sense, what with from earth to the moon being published in 1865 which is around 15 years before main game takes place.
Of course it's also entirely possible that he's just cultivated this image of himself to scare the shit out of colonials and he's really just a clever and power hungry bastard.
>>
>>92536589
>I'm starting to suspect Titking is closer to a primal entity than he is a morta
Titking is a woman.
>... but he can have children?
no way to know. wont take off armor.
>>92534787
all he wants is to reclaim lost Atlan lands and find the Scared Wall, only he doesnt know where the Wall is so he just goes after everything he can. he plans to give back everything outside the Wall once he finds it, no harm no foul right?
>>92534700
Titanium King is future Leaden Duke in the since that current Atlan is what future Britain will become like if they dont change coarse (they wont). at what point does doggedness become delusion? that is the question Atlan asks the British.
>>92537155
>Him only coming to power recently as a result of the firmament breach would make sense
not causally related, but certainly related.
>Of course it's also entirely possible that he's just cultivated this image of himself to scare the shit out of colonials and he's really just a clever and power hungry bastard.
he wouldnt know about hyperbora and the firmament beyond what he has heard from colonials, but he was already touting himself as Atlan Incarnate and it isnt a hard pivot to go from that to "my body is made of Emanation, if i take this armor off i will explode". still, every lie has a grain of truth...
>>
>>92537155
>Though she might canonically be Phosphorus's so I'd need to check.
Honestly seems more reasonable.
How would Titking even have sex if he never takes off his armor?
>>
Titanium King is for sure one of the biggest mysteries of the Eadsttcoverse...
>>
>>92537155
>>92538569
>Though she might canonically be Phosphorus's so I'd need to check.
as the anon who made him, it's probably true. He's sired his fair share of illegitimate children.
>>
>>92540363
>Titking: "Hey Baron. The assassins are everywhere. My thousand wives aren't worth the risk, I must keep my armor on..."
>Baron: "Got it, my liege."
>Titking: "Now, was wondering if... You see, with my armor on its rather difficult to sire an heir and..."
>Baron: "Already done, my liege."
>>
File: IMG_1578.png (15 KB, 633x758)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>92540428
NOOOOOOOOO THEY SAID THE TITKING CAN SEED WOMEN WITH HIS SHEER PRESENCE THIS ISNT HAPPENING NOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>92538569
maybe he has a hatch. doubt it though, i dont think he is interested in sex.
>>92540428
>Already done
heh. how well known is this?
>>
I've been thinking of how to present the idea of Sebastianist Portugal, especially since my initial proposal did not match up with the timeline in a way. Maybe something like this would make more sense?
>Portuguese explorers find a series of ruins in the territories between the Angola and Mozambique colonies.
>The discoveries are somewhat overblown by the Portuguese press, since the exploration of the other layers by the big powers is causing a sense of envy within many other countries without access to it.
>These announcements catch the attention of certain private groups within british high society, they believe those ruins can be an access to another layer.
>These groups begin to scheme to take over this area for their own interests, and begin pulling some strings within the government to justify Britain’s takeover of the area.
>They begin pushing for the Cape-Cairo project much earlier than in our timeline as a cover.
>It eventually leads to the british ultimatum to Portugal to relinquish the territory and any future claim to the area to the british.
>Portugal has no way to actually fight back and accepts it. Maybe they receive a couple of colonial crumbs as compensation, but the humiliation is total.
>The british’ troops and explorers go there. And they discover that the Portuguese claims were highly exaggerated, and there is nothing like what was described by the tabloids, much less the access to the underground.
>Now the british’ politicians have a problem. They have just now broken with England’s oldest alliance in a very public way and have nothing of use to show for it. The politicians cannot just say they had been duped by private interests, and these private groups want to hide all the shadowy moves they've pulled for what's essentialy nothing (diamonds are nice, though) and every party quickly moves to sweep everything under the rug. The subject is quickly forgotten by the british public.
>>
>>92541375
>In Portugal this causes an uproar, with the government accused of cowardice, and the government has to resign on masse. This does not solve the issue, and the republican movements take the chance to push to abolish the monarchy.
>In response, the monarchist double down on the figure of the kings as safe keepers of the nations. They also begin strengthening their ties to Catholicism and to the Papacy for political legitimacy.
>During this clash, prophetess in the town of Fatima says that she saw a divine vision of "the second coming of Sebastian", the great king of old that would purge the unbelievers and unite christianity under the portuguese flag, which then would unify the worlds above and below.
>This is immediately taken by the crown, and they push it as much as possible, quickly turning the tides against the republicans, with the nation swept under a wave of religious fervor.
>Sebastianist Catholicism becomes the pillar of Portuguese society from that point on. Many believe the end of history is coming once Great Sebastian rises and unifies all Christian lands under his banner. Those who do not approve this either flee or are taken prisoners as heretics.
>The Papacy approves of this up to a point, due to the clear nationalistic aspect of sebastianist Catholicism. They humor the sebastianists’ demands, but their support is just enough to not tie their hands or to alienate other catholic powers.
>Meanwhile, thousands of undreds of religious missions as far as possible, both across the lands and deep underground to spread the news of the "Second Coming of Sebastian".
>This movement also becomes quite popular between some circles of brazilian aristocracy, especially those who see the movement as a way to reinstate slavery, but other than that, is a minor trend at best.
>>
>>92541387
>Obviously, the sebastianists see the british as the devil, or an Antichrist equivalent, and while they cannot act against them openly due to the differences in power, all anti-british movements both in the surface and underground tend to have portugese participants.

Would this work? Or does it clash with some part of the lore I've missed?
>>
>>92541362
>maybe he has a hatch. doubt it though,
A Titanium Fuck Hatch (tm) would NOT be combat effective. Its a serious point of failure and the Titking would not even consider it.
I'm starting to suspect the Titking's armor isn't for his protection
... its for yours
>>
>>92541375
>>92541387
>They have just now broken with England’s oldest alliance in a very public way and have nothing of use to show for it.
>In Portugal this causes an uproar, with the government accused of cowardice
Fuck I wish I was up on the history side of things so I could contribute more on this front.
As much as I hate leaving the "it fits" to the more historical autists, still have to pop in and say sick contribution.
The more cultures that get explained, the more rich the setting gets. Love the political stuff. I wouldn't mind seeing something other than a mere uproar though, uproars are Earth things. This is EXPEDITION.
>>
>>92541375
How do you see this playing out in tabletop terms? Units, sponsors, secret third option where they're right and Sebastian shows up to wreck shit?
>>
>Oi gog
>Mmhm
>Ya know da waddlers?
>The ones that look like a cavesaur in heat?
>Yeah, and walk like a drunken cavesaur in heat
>What 'bout?
>I'm finkin, the next one we see, we pull outta da muk it's in, stuff it with some more of dat blastin sand da outlanders are always bringin in, and roll it into the nearest lemur den
>Sounds like a blast
>hyuk hyuk hyuk hyuk hyuk
>>
File: IMG_1579.jpg (330 KB, 996x1260)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
>>92541691
NTA but…

>”Sebastian will not rise unless he sees that we are ready and willing to accept his salvation. The Banner will rise above the world atop and the world below. With the blood of martyrs we will reap a rich harvest and see our savior known!” - Unknown Sebastianist

Sounds like everyone will accept our peaceful ways… BY FORCE.
>>
File: IMG_1581.jpg (338 KB, 847x723)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
>>92542519
Well I already see a new Mercenary that’s for sure.
>>
File: Hong_Xiuquan.jpg (33 KB, 349x396)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>92541375
>>92541387
Sounds like a bunch of apostates that should be put in terracotta.
Love it
>>
>>92541406
I dunno, I feel like Napoleon is the obvious antichrist figure of the setting. Though I suppose his existence is kept a secret because the brits are terrified of him getting loose.
>>
>>92536446
>The fuck is that supposed to mean?
Atlan is a highly civilized society that revels in barbarism.
>>92536589
>but he can have children?
This is normal for primal entities in certain mythologies.
>>
File: malcolmcrown.png (2 KB, 384x384)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>92541406
>all anti-british movements both in the surface and underground tend to have portugese participants.
Perhaps the Portuguese aren't all bad.
>>
>>92542519
I imagine there could be mercenary units akin to "sebastianist zealot", "sebastianist preacher", "sebastianist conspirator", which would be able to be chosen by all factions but the british cheaply but in limited numbers (so that Portugal can claim deniability), with them having a bonus against british.
>>
>>92545886
Not sure how I'd do the others, but I did have an idea for the preacher.
Basically, he starts preaching at some point with his AP, and as long as he keeps it up every turn incoming dread is reduced. If he gets killed the reduction stops and if he stops preaching you instantly get more dread because people catch on that Sebastian isn't coming today.
Alternatively his preaching is a buff that drives people to fervor.
>>
have all the surface entrances been pinned down yet?
>>92493882
>TQ
maybe move Lore Doc and 2e docs to OP proper and move explanation about the editions to the second part of OP. wouldnt hurt to make the Lore Doc into a PDF.
>>
>>92551047
>have all the surface entrances been pinned down yet?
The major ones yes but I'm sure there are many, many entrances yet to be uncovered.
>>
File: serf.png (83 KB, 611x720)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>92551047
The Tsardom is still trying to dig a hole through with it's endless supply of serfs. Time will tell if they actually succeed They won't lmao
>>
>>92534821
Where do the portuguese fit into the graph?
>>
>>92554760
middle left, upper middle top. around THE ARMORED TRACTION ENGINE i think.
>>92554689
i think they should have an entrance under the Caspian and under Lake Baikal. what do you all think about that?
>>
The Russians simply dug a big hole far enough down that it opened up into Agartha.
>>
Is there a political map of the surface world? Are borders in Europe the same as irl for that period?
>>
>>92555841
Don't think so. Other than the rise of Doggerland, which has reduced the English Channel to a large canal, the surface world remains mostly the same, maybe with some minor border differences. The biggest changes would be around France and Italy, I think, but I haven't written any of the lore for the area so someone else would have to chime in.
>>
File: Blankmap.jpg (693 KB, 2560x1745)
693 KB
693 KB JPG
>>92555841
>>92557783
If someone gives me some pointers, I'm willing to try drawing a map of this. I'll check some historical maps, and once I have those borders, add the changes from the setting.
>>
>>92557809
By the way, the current year of the setting is 1883?
>>
>>92557809
>>92557828
We've been kinda vague on the whole timeline thing, mostly for a meta thing about progressing the timeline for different edition releases. Physically the only differences is Doggerland and the isle of Kyushu sinking in 1877. South America is all under the PACT, but I can't remember if that's a full entity on its own or a more NATO-style defence agreement. France's absence has probably left a lot of empty space in Africa, but I don't think we've written much on the consequences of that, and Britain's already spread thin.

Europe should mostly be the same ignoring France, though Alsace-Lorraine is still French instead of German. Might be some weirdness around Italy. There's also the Holy Alliance, though I don't think borders have changed there.

Ottomans are the same, just undead.

India is independent, though I'm guessing that'll be a bit of a clusterfuck if it's the Brits being forced out. I can't remember if the Taiping took over all of China or just most of it, there might be some warlords left here and there. Russia remains the same.

That's most of what I can remember off the top of my head, the lore doc will have more, but you'll have to dig through each factions history.
>>
>>92557783
>>92557809
>>92557863
I feel like with all this shit going on around the globe, borders should not stay the same. Adding new players on the map would spice things up, like:
- Finland - they dug up something / did something that gave them independence, could be a basis for Finno-Korean Hyperwar in the far future
- Poland - Austria and Russia should be more worried about undead down south, Duchy of Warsaw could have a breather and transform into proper state
- Romania - too close to necropolis to be the same, other powers would want a buffer between them and Istanbul
- Maybe add a No Man's Land somewhere, basically the Zone from Stalker with anomalies, too dangerous to resettle but some hire mercs to go there

And so on, and so on. Leaving Europe mostly untouched is silly, there are undeads, vernian technology, Christian China and Americans riding dinosaurs.
>>
>>92558330
Thinking it better, we probably ought to start continent by continent. An european map would be a decent place to start.
>>
>>92557828
>>92557863
>By the way, the current year of the setting is 1883?
Depends on the "Edition" but the most recent events to be noted are 1883, so I think we should call that the lore cutoff point and be done with the temporal ambiguity.
>>
>>92557863
>Ottomans are the same, just undead.
Slightly smaller I believe, given their losses from British/French betrayals due to Agarthan discoveriers.
>>
>>92558330
Yeah, thinking about it more and the repercussions of everything would be a lot more widespread even above ground. Africa alone is going to have a massive shift with colonialism redirected underground, especially if France isn't physically capable of participating and Britain gets spread thin between their empires above and below. Maybe have Portugal and the Netherlands step into the power vacuum? Or Leopold decided that the Congo isn't enough and ALL Africa is rightly Belgian.
>>
>>92559095
Portugal probably expands both northwards and southwards from their colonies of Angola and Mozambique. Their positions in India might get expanded as well, but with an independent India, that might be more difficult. Also, if the british gave some colonial crumbs to the portuguese after the ultimatum (what's the chronology of Portugal's timeline, btw?), they might expand them as well. Probably some islands in the Pacific without any big strategic or economic value. Also, did the chinese take over Macau at this point, or is it still under portuguese hands?

Also, if France isn't expanding their territory through Africa, a portuguese conquest of Morocco would make sense, since it was the place where King Sebastian died. Maybe a joint operation with Spain, though I need to re-read its lore.
>>
File: polish voodoo lancer.jpg (407 KB, 1148x885)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
>>92555841
>>92558330
Idea pitch, based on a true story that I like:
In 1802 Napoleon sent a Polish legion to Haiti to supress slave revolt. Poles, seeing that they are killing people fighting for their freedom just like them, switched sides and helped Haitians. That's a short history of Polish Haitians.
Now back to Agartha, those Polish soldiers made their way back to Europe and brought with them voodoo practices. At first they were shunned, but seeing miracle after miracle, more people were convinced that these strange rituals really were tied to God and that could help defend their homeland after establishing Duchy of Warsaw.
Over the years, Catholicism mixed with the voodoo, people, mostly nobility and clergy, were tattooing strange symbols on their faces, it was no longer seen as a pagan weirdness, it was more of a proof of divine intervention. Some of the practitioners were hearing whispers and, convinced that it is Virgin Mary herself, obeyed them.
Here we could add some not-so-normal in civilized Europe behaviour that was seen as normal by zealots blinded by foreign mysticism. Like cannibalism - imagine fancy banquet in Polish manor, everyone is laughing, talking about politics, having a good time but on the table there is a roasted human with an apple in his mouth. They don't act like monsters, for them it's normal, eating with fork and knife, full etiquette. Hannibal Lecter style. It's more creepy this way imo.
The gist is: they embraced voodoo out of desperation but got too deep into it.

Note on the pic: symbols on the right are Haitian veve for invoking different spirits, with their flowy patterns I can see them implemented in the flowery Slavic style on dresses and such.
Haitians are also using Catholic icons, like Virgin Mary who is known there as Erzulie so mixing voodoo and Christianity is pretty common for them.
>>
>>92559286
But I don't want to make this my personal fanfic or some mary sue self insert, throw some ideas if you like it. Voodoo Poland sounds pretty fresh and has basis in real history, I believe we can mould it into a cool minor faction.
>>
>>92559286
That actually sounds really cool, but I don't know if we should turn the entirety of Poland into a weird voodoo uber-Heresy. I feel like the surrounding nations would be too weirded out and the Austrians would be screaming for intervention. Maybe write it as a practice carried on by that Polish legion after Napoleon, and then they got kicked out of Poland proper when they tried to spread it? Or even a failed mutiny that forces them underground, back to the master they disobeyed so long ago, L'ombre himself?
>>
>>92559286
I like the idea of voodoo polish, but I agree with >>92559371, it would not suit to make an entire nation out of it in Europe. Maybe Haiti becomes a voodo kingdom, or maybe the polish and haitians go to Africa to form a voodoo nation in the motherland (maybe something like what the US did with the American Colonization Society and the birth of Liberia), and clashing with british colonial interest and portuguese sebastianists interests.
>>
>>92559286
>Now back to Agartha, those Polish soldiers made their way back to Europe and brought with them voodoo practices
A Polish/Hatian Voodoo witch coalition is fucking EXACTLY like the type of thing that would EXPEDITION is about.
>>
>>92559371
>but I don't know if we should turn the entirety of Poland into a weird voodoo uber-Heresy.
I also concur with this, since many other factions already went full headlong.
I think the Poles could find a respectable middle ground.

>>92559428
>Maybe Haiti becomes a voodo kingdom, or maybe the polish and haitians go to Africa to form a voodoo nation in the motherland
...Pan-African Voodoo faction with Polish mercs as how they get tied into European affairs?

Africa is a region we have largely left out so far. Would be cool for some African empire to flourish as a new faction, now that its brought up.
>>
>>92559371
Yeah, maybe limiting these practices to upper class would be better. Maybe some some clergy and military units. Nobility was easily be swayed by a new fad. Still, in their minds, they are devout followers of Saint Mary so not much of a warhammer chaos cultists theme or Sylvanian vampires. But I imagine their neighbours being more preoccupied with their own problems like Austrians focus on Necro Istambul and Prussia having troubles with vernian technology powered France. "Yeah, Poles act weird, we've heard some rumours but they sound ridiculous, we have no time for that".
It's mostly an excuse to include Poland as a minor player on the map and have Polish backed expeditions into Agartha with their own motivations, maybe the Black Madonna herself is calling them into the depths. The legion from Haiti going underground is a possibility but I feel like that would take away from The Old Guard as the Napoleonic era veterans still roaming down there.
With Christian Chinese putting people in terracotta, I say "fuck it, we ball". I would also like to see Finland included on map but I don't have any good theme for them at the moment.
>>
File: Map in progress v.00.jpg (167 KB, 1372x703)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
The european map is in on its way. I've already finish the layers, the only thing I need to do is to make the appropiate modifications for the Agartha lore. I'll be going continent by continent, starting with Europe.
>>
>>92559913
Fuck YEAHHH BOIIIII
>>
>>92559868
>I feel like that would take away from The Old Guard as the Napoleonic era veterans still roaming down there.
i agree. also, i dont see Poland having the resources to be an Agarthan power.
>>92559286
my main concern is how that would work in the game. the idea on its own is cool, but we already have a lot of units and factions and powers as is and we havent even finished adapting the chart.
seeing as there seems to be a good deal of interest in whats going on on the surface, later down the line, much much later down the line, there could be a Surface Edition which focuses on the minor players with little or no access to Agatha. how about that?
>>
>>92559960
True about not having much resources but smaller expeditions could still happen from time to time.
I see minor factions more like a flavor for an expedition if someone wants to play something different. Like in Mordheim - you take Mercenaries and give them city perk. No need to flesh them out right now but overall good to have them.
>>
Are Norway-Sweeden still one kingdom?
>>
>>92560401
I see no reason why not.
Why, we bringing in Frost Giants?
>>
>>92560420
No, for the map.

All major powers done, at least from what I've seen in the lore. Not adding north-african borders until we clear up things on that front.

All changes from real history's 1883:
>British
-Iceland

>French
-The Pope is in Avignon, but it's still french territory
-Alsace-Lorraine

>German
-Luxemburg

>Turks
-losing a good chunk of their rumelian holdings, not sure who gets them, so I've just continued the borders.

>Italy
-Trentino

>Austria
-Stromboli (too small to mark on the map, and not sure if it's austrian or italian either way)

Also, can someone mark the entrances to the underworld? Thanks.
>>
>>92560457
Also, I guess Crete would still be ottoman?
>>
>>92560114
do we know where China's Entrances are?
>smaller expeditions could still happen from time to time.
how do they get to Agartha? if they have their own Entrance they wont be allowed to exist, if they dont i very much doubt anyone who does have one would let them use it. Polish Mercs track, but not a Polish Sponsor or full faction. maybe just have one unit like the Kentuckian and Serbian Rebels. Polish Rebel or something.
>flavor ... No need to flesh them out right now but overall good to have them.
i agree with that, just expressing my concern. im also not just thinking about Poland, but the other weaker and surface focused nations.
>>
>>92560544
Good point, we don't really have the number of entrances. But I wonder if we should even go for hard worldbuilding this early into the project? Wouldn't it hinder future creativity? Anons are still pitching their ideas, let's wait and see what we can cook with whatever people bring to the table. For now I'm good with overall background of the surface world, not necessarily a political map but the theme for each region, major and minor players. And how did your expedition get underground? Idk, it's your roleplay.
>>
>>92560947
Not that anon, but as someone who wrote a good deal of lore for Giantstep, it's better going slowly with the lore. Better to add lore slowly and organize it in a way that is easy for newcomers to read and digest than create sprawling amounts of lore that then need to be abridged and organized.
>>
>>92493882
>>92493953

is the Scion from la Ombre what became of the Changed Noble (the guy who if you shoot someone's leader unit, you convert it)
>>
>>92559827
King Solomon's Mines and She would seem to be of the era so the English either got along with or fucked over the Zulus. King Leopold's under-Kongo?
>>92560947
That one tomb that hasn't been opened irl as much for fear of mercury poisoning as much as to preserve the site? They have to have learned the terracotta arts from somewhere...
>>
>>92493882
>Why isn't Tyrant of Italy added to the lore yet?
>>
>>92561522
You should have access to do it yourself, go for it.
>>
>>92561121
>is the Scion from la Ombre what became of the Changed Noble
No, Scion was his own unit from the compass, however it was rumoured to be French at the time.
>>
>>92538191
>he wouldnt know about hyperbora and the firmament beyond what he has heard from colonials,
This is wrong tho, Atlan is in part the way it is because they are the only ones with clear and precise recollection of the Hyperborean Raids that led to the Fall.
They probably would not know about the Firmament Breach however, and if they did they would be freaking the fuck out and probably declaring all out war against the US for sending the bullet-ship.
My own personal headcannon as to why he doesn't take off the armor ever is that one of the ways he got popular support for the lower rungs of society is that he made it clear the Hospitalier's mandate applies to *everyone*, nobles, citizens, slaves. Before, there were always ways by which the nobility could avoid an Hospitalier's "care", and everyone hated them. The Titking removed every obstacle to their function except the one loophole that if you are always fully armoured in front of them, how could they know you are sick or wounded?
Obviously its a lot more down to Earth than having him be a primal entity. I had started writing a bit on his rise to power around that, even going as far as saying the real reason why he was initially called the Titanium King was not so much his armour but that he had grabbed power by allying with Baron Phosphorous and getting back the Atlan economy on its feet after decades of decay, mostly through focusing on Titanium mining.
>>
>>92561522
If you have it post it here I'll add it right away.
>>
I've been gone for a while, so do correct me if there were some lore changes I'm clearly not aware of
>>92541375
>>92541387
I see no real problems with this scenario.
A hyper-Catholic Portugal along these lines was actually considered some time ago, when the Holy League was a full-blown faction. Though it was more just the case of contemporary events like discovery of Agartha, the fall of Rome, etc. spawning a religiously fundamentalist movement of movement, like it did in Spain.
I ended up scrapping it because I wasn't confident enough about my knowledge of the Portuguese history, but it featured the movement's OC leader, Friar Sebastian (believed by many to be THAT Sebastian) becoming a Savonarola-like figure controlling the reluctant king Luis I (who, as far as I'm aware, wasn't known for being particularly reactionary).
>>92560481
>Italy
Add Savoy and Nice, the Piomberes never happened, and French are as pissed about Italy having Savoy as they were about Alsace-Lorraine OTL.
>Crete
In 1896 OTL the Great Powers jointly occupied Crete in the aftermath of the Cretan uprising. I would imagine the chaos after the Necropolis Incident would present a similar opportunity. There was supposed to be a Franco-British expedition to save Greece during the immediate fallout, so they could be using it as a base.
>Albania
I actually had a really wacky idea of Italy taking control of the coastal parts and the Tyrant being crowned the prince of Albania (Francesco Crispi was, in fact, of Albanian descent). But it's whatever.
>Ottomans
The obvious thing would be that there's supposed to be a rump non-husked Ottoman remnant left (and Egypt, but it's not pictured). I'd place it around Mesopotamia and parts of Syria.
The other thing is the Caucasus, I'm not sure about the Tsardom full-on losing both Georgia and Armenia, that's a pretty big deal.
>Stromboli
Italiy controls it, they just let the Austrians use it.
Eh, fuck it, I'll just post my own edit.
>>
>>92560457
Brits
> Mt. Snaefellsjokull
> Iceland

French
> Eiffel Tower
> Bruniquel Cavern

Ottomans
> Istanbul/Necropolis
> Cappadocia
> Giza Pyramid

Tsardom
> Verkhoyansk Range
> Urals, Gumyoshevsky mine
> Siberia mine shafts

Italy
> Stromboli

Am I missing anything for this map?
>>
>>92562305
Brits also have Clearwater Cavern near Sarawak and that one entrance from the third layer to the fifth.
Also Halifax but I think that one exploded.
>>
>>92562440
wait none of those are in Europe please ignore me.
>>
>>92562203
>1896
Isn't current year 1883?
>>
>>92562203
>The obvious thing would be that there's supposed to be a rump non-husked Ottoman remnant left (and Egypt, but it's not pictured).
So they wouldn't have any european territory left? If so, how are the borders left?
>>
>>92562203
Would this work?
>>
>>92562527
I used it as a parallel.
>>92562533
>If so, how are the borders left?
The undead hordes can't advance further. For now. A natural border, if you will.
>>
>>92562574
>I used it as a parallel.
Ah, ok, missed that bit. My bad.

>The undead hordes can't advance further.
So the limits of the ottomans in europe is literally at the doors of Istambul?
>>
File: mapsurface.jpg (330 KB, 857x713)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
>>92562561
I was thinking something like this.
>>92562672
Well, it's that or let them take over Bulgaria completely.
>>
Wasn't there at some point a Dracula/Alucard expy? Some Romanian did something that made him gain power over blood? The Balkans seem to have very little written for now, makes sense, given that we are just making the Map of Europe and its not like we need to rush (to the center of the earth)
>>
File: Europe&Entrances.jpg (128 KB, 857x713)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>92562723
Beat me to it.
>>
>>92562871
>>92562723
Also, the Abomination Wars probably have left a good part of the Piedmont region scarred, no?
>>
>>92562816
The unit doc has a lot of balkan boys but they're split between three factions rather than being their own thing (Italy, Austria, Ottos)
I do remember someone bringing up raiding half-sunken Istanbul as a Mordheim Equivalent, that seems related.
>>
>>92562917
I think only the Third one would have the Duosicilians invade Piedmont proper, and even then they'd still have a lot of sympathizers willing to switch sides en masse, since the Duosicilian regime was still at least nominally a republic pursuing the ideals of a united Italy. There was a kind of reverse Expedition of the Thousand led by Garibaldi too. That would probably limit the destruction, since the Duosicilians wouldn't need to go full volcano on their asses.
The War of the Coals is another matter, but it was rather brief. But an atrocity or two to make an example of the rebellious regions seems fitting. And Piedmont could be one of those.
>>
>>92562917
What would all those volcano eruptions really do to the terrain? I guess it depends on what type of eruption.
>>
>>92562723
Ok, I've added the listed changes and put some icons for the underworld entrances (probably needs a more visible icon, though).
>>
>>92563202
I probably ought to thin the border lines. I'll do that once we have a clearer idea of the actual borders.
>>
Also, the map of Africa is on its way. Need to re-read to see what mentions of african territory I can find in the lore.
>>
>>92563428
Let's make a Wakanda-style nation or a country tied to Yakub in some way
>>
File: ottopartition.png (68 KB, 441x438)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>92563428
Here's the rough idea for breaking up the Ottomans post-Necro.
What exactly was west Arabia up to in the 70-80s?
>>
How active is France in Africa? I know they wouldn't have most of their holdings in north Africa, but what about the coastline of Algeria? What about Madagascar and the other islands?
>>
>>92563586
France took the coast of Algeria before the POD, and grabbed Tunisia after the Necropolis incident. I guess the other holdings would be left stagnant due to the shift to Agartha.
Obock/Djibouti would be a more prominent port for them, however, due to the Ethiopian shenanigans.
Madagascar was suggested to be pro-Lemurian, but we didn't, like, voteon it or anything.
>>
>>92563631
I mean Lemuria was literally the proposed land bridge which connected it to the mainland irl back before plate tectonics had been conceptualised so it'd be silly not to have a link. Also if Ravavalona's on the throne the grimderp barely needs to be played up, the bitch was a psycho and the line "they are Lost" could apply as much to foreigners tossed into the world below as to those sezed by the mad queen.
>>
>>92560947
>early
been a year.
>Wouldn't it hinder future creativity?
creativity comes out best when working around an obstacle and when it has direction.
>>92561003
right. we already have loads of ideas, we should focus on tightening and cleaning up what we have. not only will this make it more accessible, it will make it much easyer to expand the lore and story in an interesting and cohesive way.
>>92563631
maybe have lemurs be the only thing Lemuria is willing to trade with colonials for because they enjoy them, either as pets, as food, for blood sport, for cultivation experiments, or all of it. they just really get a kick out of the little guys.
>>92562161
>Atlan is in part the way it is because they are the only ones with clear and precise recollection of the Hyperborean Raids that led to the Fall.
right. my bad. i meant Firmament and the Breach, which i guess still is only half right. though, just because they remember the hyperborean raids doesnt necessarily mean they remember the Firmament, if they found out about it at all.
>Titanium King ideas
love it.
>the real reason why he was initially called the Titanium King was not so much his armour but that he had grabbed power by allying with Baron Phosphorous and getting back the Atlan economy on its feet after decades of decay, mostly through focusing on Titanium mining.
It can be more than one reason. Titanium magnate + unbothered by the super heavy Titanium armor he never takes off + never seems to be sick, wounded, or scared. Neo Atlas.
>>
File: 135.png (21 KB, 700x700)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>92563796
Uuuum, acktshually, Firmanent figures heavily in the Atlantean/Atlan mythology, according to which it was made by the Titans from the flayed skin of Ouranos and was cracked by Zeus's bolts when he was chasing Hyperion across the sky, bringing the Hyperboreans invasion that destroyed Atlantis.
>>
>>92563796
>Lemurs being a trade good
Dangerous but intriguing.
>>
>>92564137
I think he meant the other lemurs. The lower case ones. Though, come to think of it...
>Well, Your... uuuh, Foursightitude, I don't rightfully know what you need the bloody monsters for, but we've got you your Lemurs right here!
>Your Foresight! And have you gone mad, outlander? I asked for your Surface lemurs! If I wanted an Agarthan Lemur, I'd just send the Degenerates to dig where they aren't supposed to! OH GODS ITS BREAKING OUT WHY DID I NOT DIVINE FOR TH-
>>
>>92564137
>Dangerous
https://youtu.be/JTMf40ORFE8?si=2TGyKdLuOrnuq8pe
>>92563884
okay. clearly i need to go read the lore doc again.
do they know what Titanium is?
>>
>>92564218
>there are actually men mad enough to hunt and capture live Lemurs and try trading them with Lemuria
>Lemuria has no say in it because if the hunters don't get paid they'll let the Lemur go free
>>
>>92564228
It's remains of the dead Titans, or the creatures they believe to have been the Titans.
You might've missed it because there's a separate subdoc for Atlantean religion in the Recommended section.
>>
>>92564258
>subdoc
i see.
>It's remains of the dead Titans, or the creatures they believe to have been the Titans.
what do you think about changing it to >>92533288 ?
>>
>>92557863
>South America is all under the PACT, but I can't remember if that's a full entity on its own or a more NATO-style defence agreement.
Only Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Bolivia were explicitly mentioned as PACT members. But the idea is that it's an U.S. dominated international organization, not a full entity.
>>92558330
>Maybe add a No Man's Land somewhere, basically the Zone from Stalker with anomalies, too dangerous to resettle but some hire mercs to go there
That's literally Paraguay.

Also, have to voice a hard "no" on pulling new big players out of thin air like that. A big part of the setting's charm, as some have said, is that despite all the supernatural shit it manages to stay grounded and some of the wackiest shit in the setting like Volcano Italians fits hilariously well into the historical context. There's big difference between something like "what if Taiping won + Hyperborea" and "Finland dug up something something so fuck it, Holy Finnic Khaganate".
We also have a pretty serious faction bloat problem, and the only faction I could see being properly added besides what's been already planned is Germany.

>>92564906
Don't take it the wrong way, but simply why? We've been going with it being the Titans' remains for a while now, and people had some cool ideas like someone being able to potentially reassemble them or making entire battle maps out of their carcasses.
Atlas holding up the Firmament was also accounted for with his sacrifice myth, though that's not necessarily what actually happened, of course. And the Firmament being the Wall all along was, in fact, one of the many potential explanations since Atlas is supposedly stuck in it. But it having no one "real" explanation is one of the thread's longest running jokes.
Hell, the jury is still out on what exactly the Firmament *is*. Is it even crystalline? I've seen some here describe it like a "membrane".
>>
>>92564906
I kinda feel like >>92565070
Having it possibly be the bones of Titans makes thematic sense with their religious views, and reinforces the aesthetic of Titanium Golems being slow piece-by-piece reconstructions.
Ambiguity in potential explanations is however one of the biggest foundation of this setting, hence the multiple Theories. Instead of making it a factual statement about Titanium, we could make it a theory held by part of the Agarthan Society Astronomy Department.
>>92565070
>That's literally Paraguay.
and Doggerland, which is perfect for what the anon asked.
In regards to faction bloat, I (2e anon) just want to say this. If any of you feel dedicated enough to a faction that fits that, if it had a profile list, you'd buy some Perry miniatures mini or whatever and paint them or would want to involve yourself into building their rules, I'm all for it. But this is a group project and I don't want to force that on the lore, since what we have is already so goddamn good imho.
>>
File: what.jpg (220 KB, 1080x1078)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
i have no clue what i have wandered into
but
it is glorious
and
i think i like it.
i shall download the rules and give it a go...
>>
We might have surface faction bloat but I think we could do with one or two minor cave factions.
At the very least the tribals could be given something aside from "Common clay of Agartha"
>>
>>92565390
ANOTHER SKIN-SLAVE TO EMBODY THE SUFFERING

>>92565697
When in doubt, make it a meta joke.
>5e, among many other controversial changes, introduced rules and models for many lore-only factions which had received minor praise in previous editions; this was widely regarded as a cash grab which promptly fell on its face when nobody bought the models and the lines went quietly out of production in the next edition.
>The stinker gorgs did not receive any models or rules
>>
Tonight I feel is a good night for Olms.
>>
Amazon Mercenaries. Nice.
Can they have leather thongs?
and does it still count as armor?
>>
>>92566007
Thongs? Yes
Armour? No, but don't worry it's not that important half the time anyway.
>>
>>92565070
>why?
its tighter. its setting specific. it creates much need relationships for Atlan. gives much needed differentiation to Atlan. plays into "as above so below". tapes into relatable psychological concepts and gives personality to Atlan which makes them more appealing to play and interesting to talk about. equally if not more chart accurate.
>people had some cool ideas like someone being able to potentially reassemble them or making entire battle maps out of their carcasses.
Titans dont connect to anything, arnt setting specific, dont play into any major themes, and only serve to further isolate Atlan and Atlantis from the rest of the factions while also not doing any favors when it comes to differentiating them. why does Atlan, a colony on the other side of the world, on a different layer, isolated for hundreds of years, with a different understanding of history, who then got locked in a brutal war for over a thousand years, have the same or very similar cosmology of the people they have organized their society around fighting? also, where do the Titans come from? how do they relate to the loop? why are there Titian bones in Agartha but not Epigea? why Titans?
>>92565354
my prime problem is that Atlan and Atlantis feel out of place and too similar too each other. also, i feel they are predictable, ununique, and bland, at least in comparison with everything else. i think it is much worse for Atlan because they dont have the inbuilt prestige Atlantis has, and so must work well to justify their existence.
https://youtu.be/sZIimDPZQwg?si=54IjOHj8wJORkN2t
>Ambiguity
i think this is too big and too close to be ambiguous. it isnt just what Titanium is, but also Titans and the whole culture of Atlan. also, even in ambiguity you must have direction. if im in the minority, or if you prefer Titans to Walls, then i will drop it. i just think its a good idea, or an idea worth consideration at least.
>>
File: olm2.png (59 KB, 189x280)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>Olm-Man: (4 Silver)
Deep
Movement: 4
Accuracy: 3
Strength: 5
Discipline: 5
Evasion: 7
Labour: 5
Awareness: 6

>Health:
2 Box
>Armour:
None.

>General Rules:
Amphibious, Nimble, Hatred[Morlocks], Tight Squeeze (New General Rule for Olms)
-Tight Squeeze: (1 AP) This model may test Evasion to treat Wall hexes as difficult terrain for the remainder of the turn. If this model finishes a turn in a wall hex it must succeed on another tight squeeze test next turn to be able to move out of it.
>Special Rules:

>Equipment
This model may carry equipment and a generic melee weapon. This model may be mounted on an Olm-Steed
>Recruitment
This model may be recruited by Atlantean and French expeditions
>COMMENTARY:
First of five if I can work up the gumption to do the other four (Olm-Man, Olm-Steeds, Big-Olm, Dire Olm (Cave Dragon), Olm Shephard [Human slinger]) Probably able to be recruited by Sky-People and Japanese too but they’re not real yet. The exact tabletop use of an Olm-Man is likely as some sort of scout or general terrain-avoider.
>>
>>92566220
I don't see why we can't have both explanations. If we're not going to lay down what's at the bottom of the layers concretely we don't have to lay down where Titanium comes from either. Have the surfacers call it the remnants of the old firmaments, have Atlan call it Titan bones, have the Titans hinted at as the taller ancestors of the Rockbreakers or something (Gog and Magog have a prestigious lineage don't you know.)
>>
>>92566220
>my prime problem is that Atlan and Atlantis feel out of place and too similar too each other.
I think a good way to work on this would be to work out more lore as to the recent history of both. The terms of their respective cultural lore may be similar because of their origin and continued interactions after the fall, even if they are enemies, but there are literal millenniums of unexplored cultural evolution and history.
I had no hand in the making of Atlan or Atlantis beyond shitposting the Hospitaliers, so my opinion means rather little however. In my mind's eye Atlan and Atlantis are extremely different, both in their outlook on the world and how they are perceive by others.
I believe the anon who initially wrote up the Atlantis lore is still here no?
>>
>>92566305
>have Atlan call it Titan bones
this is what i think should change. i think having Atlantis calling it Titian bones makes sense is, but not Atlan. i think Atlan should see it as a really good material made artificially by Old Atlans for building the scared Atlan wall, and every deposit of Titanium, being debris from the wall, as their birthright.
>>
File: HiredHand.png (46 KB, 544x671)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>92566287
>Olm-Man
> Tight Squeeze
This is really good.
>first of five if I can work up the gumption to do the other four (Olm-Man, Olm-Steeds, Big-Olm, Dire Olm (Cave Dragon), Olm Shephard [Human slinger])
You absolute mad lad. But wouldn't the Olm-Steed be the same as the Olm from the Atlantis book?
>>
>>92566479
>this is what i think should change. i think having Atlantis calling it Titian bones makes sense is, but not Atlan.
There's a way in which this makes sense (Atlan supposedly remembering the fall better and having a more accurate image of Hyperboreans) and would work to further define both but it does change a lot so if you don't mind I'd like a bit of time to think about it myself.
>>
>>92566489
Possibly! The mount stats would be the same but the unit would be able to scrabble around and bite you and not be ridden.
>>
>>92566479
>Reclaiming the wall
I like it. I do also like giant cyclopean ruins but those can also just be their own thing.
>>
>>92566220
>Atlan and Atlantis feel out of place and too similar too each other.
Join the club. People have been complaining since the split in 2e and nothing's been done about it.
>>
>>92566287
i enjoy Olm-Man. good work, very much look forward to the rest, whenever they come about.
>>92566526
>so if you don't mind I'd like a bit of time to think about it myself.
not at all, that is want i want even.
these are the posts of origin in case you havent seen them >>92509142 >>92533256 >>92533288
>>
sorry all my posts are so messy right now. tired and bad at words on a good day. last post.
>>92566427
>work out more lore as to the recent history of both
i agree,
>The terms of their respective cultural lore may be similar because of their origin and continued interactions after the fall, even if they are enemies
i strongly disagree. even if they would be the case realistically, which i very much doubt it would, it is better to side with what works best for the game. they have different understandings of history, different mass truma, come from different parts of the surface, live on different layers, multiple hundreds of years have been spent isolated from each other, nearly all of their interactions are killing or enslaving each other, and Atlan would actively reject anything it saw as Atlantean so as to make it very clear they are no longer a colony. i said that they are probably as similar as the US and UK, but in truth they would be far more removed than that.
>shitposting the Hospitaliers
gods work.
>In my mind's eye Atlan and Atlantis are extremely different, both in their outlook on the world and how they are perceive by others
i agree. i dont think the game and lore reflects that well as it could.
>I believe the anon who initially wrote up the Atlantis lore is still here no?
no idea.
>>92566573
>Reclaiming the wall
glad you like it. it would also mean that the armor they wear is like their own personal walls, which is part of why armor is such a big deal to them.
>>
>>92566287
>First of five if I can work up the gumption to do the other four
So you're saying an Olm-themed expedition is in the cards....
>>
Ok, updated the african map. Added some of the french territories (minus Madagascar, not sure how that one would work). I like the idea of >>92563504 with the arabian territories reduced, or at least in revolt. Probably Persia and the arabian tribes revolting against the undead? Also, I still think Portugal would launch a crusade against Morocco to reclaim the land where King Sebastian was defeated, and Spain would probably join in, so territories in that area of Africa would need to change too, but I'd like to hear more feedback on this.
>>
>>92567841
And the map did not load.
>>
>>92566220
>also, where do the Titans come from? how do they relate to the loop?
Well, people played with the idea of Hyperborea having not just, well, Hyperboreans, but also alien species like the Wellsian Martians, and one of the potential explanations was that the Titans were actually silicoid aliens who fled the First Layer and studied humanity to understand how to defeat/prevent Hyperborea, leading to them uplifting the Old Atlantis.
>>
But they could always just be an ancient race of Agarthan creatures who worked on possibly stopping the Loop, depending on if we want the aliens to be or not to be a thing. Or Loop survivors.
>>
>>92563202
A ting of beauty there, innit'?
>>
File: Magmages.png (355 KB, 477x460)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>92565390
FRESH BLOOD?!
GIOVANNI, GET THE VOLCANO!
>>
File: Gallery03.jpg (149 KB, 1200x900)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
A vital consideration with the Polish/Pan-African Voodoo lords, is the deeply entrenched Voodoo tradition in the West from Haiti to New Orleans.

The introduction of this has huge implications.
Marcus Garvey is only a few years from being born. Pan-Africanism across the world is a burgeoning movement, and this would absolutely be a titanic spark to nurture that.

East-Coast America and the Caribbean may very well be a battleground between the Anglo, Franco and Pan-African. Doubly so if a subterranean passage across the Atlantic can link Africa to Haiti/Orleans.
>>
On that note, I propose a phenomenon.
Its a simple setting change that opens up a lot of potential:
The Atlantic Bridge. Its already well established that spacial and temporal distortions are (relatively) commonplace in Agartha. How much would open up, for both lore and explaining disparate factions in conflict, if a simple spacial distortion beneath the Atlantic Ocean made the trip much shorter on foot underground, than it is by ship over the ocean?

The people who controlled such a passage would get very wealthy, indeed. If the entrance to said passage connected, say, Jamaica to, say, Ghana, it would open up the floodgates for a Pan-African coalition.
>>
This would be under the Vodun umbrella.
I'd have to dive into some research to get the details right, pan-African history is a minor interest of mine but not something I've thoroughly researched.

However, this would create a splintered-by-distance but ultimately unified faction across the Caribbean and most of West Africa, a void left previously untouched in the lore. As evidenced by
>>92567846
where west Africa is almost totally empty.

So, it'd be something like the Pan-African Vodunists.
>>
Also, just look how incredible traditional Vodun ceremonial garb is. It fits right in, and creates a totally striking image for the faction.

Even though Epigean faction bloat is a thing, and we've set aside some factions before because of it, I feel this specific one fills a HUGE void which the ones previously set aside don't. Its also different enough from the other factions to not just feel like a muddy variant of something else.
>>
The Vodun Theocracy?
>>
>>92565070
>There's big difference between something like "what if Taiping won + Hyperborea" and "Finland dug up something something so fuck it, Holy Finnic Khaganate"

Come on, we can have stupid Italian lava surfers but a hard no to descendands of the ancient Finns, who may or may not turned into Hyperboreans during the horrors of the Finno-Korean Hyper War?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdVZDI1GT34

Everything about this setting is a big "what if?" with a technology and aesthetics of the late 19th century, that's the biggest charm of it. We don't have to make rules and special units for them, let some nations be on the map and maybe they will come in handy in the future. It's all about the flavor.
>>
>>92568324
>unified faction across the Caribbean and most of West Africa
I'm just no feeling it, sorry.
A Liberia-esque independent colony of Vodun enthusiasts from the Caribbean and the rest of the Americas and the Polish-Haitian descended voodo people? Okay.
A minor faction with a couple of units for mercs/situational allies? Sure.
Full faction stretching across the Atlantic? Nah.
Vodun in general is worth exploring, since there's a possible Hyperborean connection through Ayida-Wedo/Oshunmare (like come on, it's a rainbow ouroboros!).
You might also want to look into the Golden Syndicate, since we've considered tying their Hyperborean occultism into the Afro-Brazilian religions like Candomble and Oxumare worship.
>>
>>92568413
>Full faction stretching across the Atlantic? Nah.
Why not?
Its largely the same diaspora, in an era where that diaspora is establishing itself as a political force (Though not fully yet, as mentioned Marcus Garvey is mere years from being born, and only a few decades from beginning his work.)
The American Revolution has well came and went, and we're still at a point where African derived religions remain reasonably rooted, and are yet to fully corrupt into their own regional variants as they did in the modern era.

If Voodoo becomes a more significant feature of certain regions, its very difficult to imagine a situation where the Pan-Africanists in America and the Caribbean aren't inspired by such developments.
>>
>>92568451
Mainly because I don't see them as big players capable of maintaining a subterranean empire and competing with the others. Even the Ibero-Ethiopian Holy League was more viable and we still sacrificed it in the Great Bloat Blot.
I suppose the lore in itself isn't that much of a problem. Though with the Americans pushing harder for their control of the Western hemisphere post-Paraguay, I wonder if they'd take kindly to some Carribean-African federation emerging and doing weird culty and likely supernatural shit. Not to mention that it's still the 19th century and many would oppose something like this out of racism alone.
>>
>>92568561
>Mainly because I don't see them as big players capable of maintaining a subterranean empire and competing with the others.
That doesn't really matter in the context of worldbuilding.

I posit that a spacial distortion connecting the Caribbean to Africa, or perhaps some mystic power of teleportation acquired via magic (A faction with teleportation gimmick?) would more than explain the problem of powers.
Logistics like that are difficult to beat, doubly so when such logistics are via a tight and easily defensible choke, and even moreso if it has European ties through Poland.

Much to work out. But, unlike Ethiopia the west-African region is largely uncontested (Ethiopia's relative proximity to the Ottomans noted.) so a rising power would have little difficulty establishing regional dominance prior to hitting any foreign-empire-shaped roadblocks.

I'm also not even sure I'd want to tie such a faction to Agarthan/Hyperborean mysticism. It could simply be natural mysticism.
>>
>>92568391
Eh. I'm all for wacky creative shit like Hyberporea but too much of it and things become boring. Outside the Italians, Taiping, and Ottomans the surface nations are (mostly) normal. We've also kept things very thematic and cultural/history based, throwing in Finnic Hyperborea because of the memes doesn't really fit the setting I feel. I'd be opposed to Hyperborean Korea too. Now, if somebody decided to pull a Tolkien and rip off the Kalevala and incorporate those myths into the lore somehow then I'd be a lot more supportive of the idea.
>>
>>92568591
>>92568391
> we can have stupid Italian lava surfers but a hard no to descendands of the ancient Finns, who may or may not turned into Hyperboreans during the horrors of the Finno-Korean Hyper War?
>throwing in Finnic Hyperborea because of the memes doesn't really fit the setting I feel.
I, too, would prefer to avoid integrating memes from non-Expedition sources.
Gorgs are top shelf stuff. Gog and Magog emerged from synchronicity alone. The Italians and their volcanoes, too, were a bizarre development of free flowing creative energy. Over the top, yes, but far from derivative.
Random jokes floating around the internet are best avoided imo. It cheapens the setting.
>>
Reminder to all that we got here not only through the merits of wild creativity, but ALSO by the merits of careful selection and exclusion of things that don't work.

Eadsscoteg isn't just a frenzied brainstorm without any care. Its a labour of love, and part of it has genuinely been just killing a ton of ideas that don't work, are too silly or verge on pure bloat.
If it were just pure, senseless fun, thoughtlessly piling as many memes as possible into one bag, I don't think the project would have lasted this long.
>>
>>92568604
>Random jokes floating around the internet are best avoided imo. It cheapens the setting.
This.
>>
>>92568621
We've also had a lot of reworking of mediocre ideas into something truly glorious, which has been another big strength of the project. For instance, I offhandedly wrote that the Franklin Expedition ended up in the 9th layer in the very early days, and then some anon later on wrote an epic story about them travelling through strange Hyperborean realms until they were cursed with immortality and escaped to the 9th layer, there to live out the remainder the loop in those frozen wastes. That's the kind of creativity we should be aiming for when writing something into the setting.
>>
File: marielev-470564671.jpg (602 KB, 1024x1280)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
Alright, so, feedback noted!
On the topic of the Pan-Africanists, Voodoo and Poland, I think we do have some interesting things to consider.

Even if a burgeoning Vodun empire isn't worth, many things can come out of the ideas.

A first thought is Marie Laveau, who was a rather significant cultural and political figure in the Americas during her time. She does double duty, pulling in both Francophone AND Pan-African links to lore of the Americas.

She had ties to French nobility through Christophe de Glapion as well, was a major figure in the integration of Roman Catholic iconography into American Voodoo, among other things.

Honestly, most of the lore in the Americas is west-coast stuff, Arc Rangers etc. This gives a good opportunity to fill out the east coast culture.
>>
File: gold_digger.jpg (65 KB, 680x626)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>92568665
>On the topic of the Pan-Africanists, Voodoo and Poland
a sentence only /eadsttcoteg/ could produce.
>>
She's also just pretty fuckin' cool. Often depicted carrying a large snake, as she's well documented to have simply carried her pet anaconda (named Zombie) around wherever she went.

I think we really should do something with Vodou, Voodoo or anything of that side. Its a very interesting aesthetic, getting to do something with it that isn't just modern "Tourism Voodoo" as so many things depict would also be cool. The mystic feel and wild aesthetic of the culture fits right into Expedition too, I think.

Just have to get the lore to fit.

Also, zombies. Living zombies! Many stories from African tradition depict soaking vegetables in mystic chemicals that, when eaten, send someone into a waking catatonic state ala high-dose Scopolamine. Zombification in African-derived religious history is something done to the living, not to the dead, which I think is another quite unique and flavorful bit of potential lore. Fitting with the the hollow-heads of Prophesy too, no doubt.

Of course the current major figure wouild be Marie Laveau II, the OG's daughter. Who also in her life practised Native American mysticism. Fuck me New Orleans was a wild ride back then.
>>
Maybe voodoo becomes more structured and grows a hierarchy of saintly figures, with figures from before and during the Haitian Revolution like François Mackandal or Romaine-la-Prophétesse adored as saints (maybe they adopt a system like the catholic sanctorale from the catholic polish?).
>>
>>92568836
>Maybe voodoo becomes more structured and grows a hierarchy of saintly figures, with figures from before and during the Haitian Revolution like François Mackandal or Romaine-la-Prophétesse adored as saints (maybe they adopt a system like the catholic sanctorale from the catholic polish?).
>Hatian Revolution
>21 August 1791 – 1 January 1804
We have SO MUCH to draw from here.
Honestly I'm feeling like the Caribbean through New Orleans is going to be a gold mine.
>>
>>92568836
>with figures from before and during the Haitian Revolution like François Mackandal or Romaine-la-Prophétesse adored as saints (maybe they adopt a system like the catholic sanctorale from the catholic polish?).
... the cultural intermingling does make sense...

Perhaps that "Atlantic Bridge" anon proposed actually goes from Poland to Haiti...
>>
>>92568313
>The Atlantic Bridge
America blows it to hell if shes got any sense left. also, the Atlantic Ocean is not in Agartha.
>teleportation
no.
>not even sure I'd want to tie such a faction to Agarthan/Hyperborean mysticism.
then put it in a different game.
>>92568413
>>92568561
ditto on this.
>>
>>92568853
>SO MUCH
yeah thats the problem. bloat, disconnection, bland, not evening getting into how voodoo has the inherit problem of being so closely tied with cyberpunk.
it isnt bland because voodoo is bland, its bland because all we would be doing is putting voodoo in the game. too much to draw from, not enough room for imagination.
>>
>>92568913
>Entire post of useless negative energy.
Thank you for your contribution.

>yeah thats the problem. bloat, disconnection, bland, not evening getting into how voodoo has the inherit problem of being so closely tied with cyberpunk.
My point would be, there's a pretty titanic difference between the pop culture tourism voodoo that most IPs use, and the genuine religion and its derivatives.
>too much to draw from, not enough room for imagination.
I think you doubt the imagination of people here.

We obviously need to figure out what happens in this region anyway. Its currently a lore black hole, no reason not to do it, even if one proposal doesn't work we're still going to have to wrestle with the fact that these roots and relationships exist and need to be fleshed out.
>>
>>92569076
>>92568969
Sorry forgot second reply.
>>
>The Lwa are often considered outsiders, or foreigners to our world. Visiting spirits, intermediaries between mortals in our world and the Bondye in another.
>Voodoo practitioners in EXPEDITION! simply find a way to visit in the other direction.
Wa la.
Astral projection of sorts, to a new dimension, possibly a similar place where the Star Ancestor resides / Prophesy comes from.
A clean integration into the setting with great potential for creativity within its implications.
>>
>>92569121
What does it do mechanically? Phasing like the Imaterii or something else?
>>
>>92569439
Blink-style (ala D&D not Star Craft) effect? 50% dodge chance / high dodge chance every even/odd turn?
>>
>>92569439
>>92569453
Other possible suggestion: Simply being able to walk through walls. Probably with limited (1 per game) uses.
>>
>>92569076
if you cant find a use for negative energy you wont get anywhere good in life.
>Atlantic Ocean is not in Agartha.
having a bridge across the Atlantic is a big deal, has no reason for existing other than "it can and i want it too", and breaks the norm by being an Anomaly outside Agartha.
>America blows it to hell if shes got any sense left.
USA is much more for real about Monroe Doctrine in this one and still favors isolation from the old world, probably even more than in real life given the Necropolis incident and the problems its had with Turks in the past. what that means is if a Anomaly appeared in the Caribbean the USA would lock it down hard, even more so if it was one that connected to Europe or Africa. not even going to touch on race relations and reconstruction politics.
>teleportation
no.
>then put it in a different game.
not trying to be a dick, its a real suggestion. dont take it so personally. ive had ideas for this that i realized didnt fit but still liked so put into something else, its a really common thing to do when you have a good idea that just doesnt fit.
it doesnt require Hyperborea or Agartha to work, youve even said youre not sure about connecting it to the core of the game, its just there. its clearly your pet idea, so maybe bring it up with your friends at the player level. do you have any ideas for units?
>>92569453
have you read the rules?
>>
>>92569484
>no reason for existing other than "it can and i want it too",
Yes, in fact, brainstorming things and making proposals is the way in which ideas are developed.
Glad you figured that out. Welcome to the having a brain club, I guess?
>and breaks the norm by being an Anomaly outside Agartha.
I stated it was subterranean. ie. in Agartha.

>what that means is if a Anomaly appeared in the Caribbean the USA would lock it down hard
Not exactly a thing you can do when an organised enemy military is in the way.
In a region you have zero dominion over.
Across a water divide.
With potential partisan combatants in your own territory between you and said water divide.
When both said partisan combatants AND said army have significant logistics lines to a distant territory you have even less dominion over.

>not trying to be a dick
He says, being a dick.
Big shiggy diggy moment.
>>
>>92568591
>>92568604
Yeah, Finnish Hyper meme is a bit too much but I'm all for having few more minor nations on the map, just in case some anon come up with something cool.
Just like Voodoo Poland, where else would you find a setting wacky enough to have those two things together? That's part of the appeal of Agartha Expedition.
>>
an example ive had of an idea that didnt fit was a weather/anomaly system that used cards. another example is the Dove Drifter unit, which im currently in the process of dividing up between this and my personal project based on what was welcomed and what wasnt and leaning more towards Tesla's early work.
>IPs
i meant cyberpunk as a genre, not the Pondsmith and CDPR games. Count Zero came out in 1986
>>92569532
>He says, being a dick.
people dont always communicate well. its good to give people the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>92569549
I'm fine with some Poles turning to carried over Haitian Voodoo (that kinda sorta works and has Muic or Hyperborean connections) in hopes of getting their independence, and/or founding New Poland somewhere in West Africa with their Caribbean brethren (for the Poles are the "White Negroes of Europe"). But not placing actual Voodoo Poland in the middle of Europe.
White Moors also sounds like a hilarious name for a secret society of Polish Voodoo rebels.
>>
>>92568707
I agree that Classical Voodoo does fit with the aesthetic. Not whole faction material but there's no reason it can't be a one-off or maybe two units.
So rules-wise a one-off witch doctor unit would be able to:
>Blink (Exact function undecided)
>Do zombies in the classical sense (Using an item [Snake oil maybe?] on models suffering poor morale to convert them to slow but strong and fearless workers?)
>A third option that does not involve any scooby-doo jokes no matter how hard I want to make them
>>
ALRIGHT THEN, more feedback noted, an adjusted proposal.

>The Spirit Realm
No, not the realm of people ghosts! Spirits, the Lwa and Bondye (We'll need to decide what the double Bondye even is, too.)

Previously, it was only a one-way journey. Perhaps by teachings of Agarthan (Lemurian?) Mystesism, or perhaps just by sheer force of will, it now goes both ways.
How does this work?

Well, by Ritual. On both ends. One to go in, one to come out. Space and distance don't exist in the Spirit Realm, allowing people to travel effectively infinite distances with zero time spent. HOWEVER, as stated, one ritual gets you in, one gets you out. If you want to travel from one place to another, you need to organise two rituals at precisely the same time in different locations.

Trivial for modern communications tech, sure, but with Expedition-era tech this is no small feat. Better yet, if the ritual materials are difficult to come by. Easy to fine-tune the potential power of this by requiring rare items for the ritual.

Thus, scrapping the "Atlantic Bridge", we end up with a Vodou system that can link any two very distant places with enough effort.

Mechanically, perhaps this allows Vodou units to "swap places"
Maybe by an item you can equip that army's Units with. Eating roasted hot peppers were common ritual items, as the spirits and their healing forces are said to be drawn to people in pain.
So, then, the Vodou armies would get something like...
>Ritual Guinea Pepper (X Silver)
>When a Unit uses this, also remove one Ritual Guinea Pepper from another Unit in your army. Those two units switch places.

And to reiterate, I do NOT want to work with pop-voodoo, or modern New Orleans "Tourism Voodoo" shit. I'm talking animal sacrifice, pain rituals and old-world spiritualism.
>>
>>92569639
>But not placing actual Voodoo Poland in the middle of Europe.
This is acceptable. It would likely be somewhere in or near modern day Ghana or Nigeria.

>>92569643
>>92569743
>Do zombies in the classical sense (Using an item [Snake oil maybe?] on models suffering poor morale to convert them to slow but strong and fearless workers?)
>Ritual Guinea Pepper (X Silver)

A faction about ritual items and their effects?
Low cost units, with wide utility item selection?
>>
>>92569639
yes i agree.
the snake oil zombie idea is best i think. buffs moral lowers movement and AP by 1, something like that maybe,
>>
>>92569619
>people dont always communicate well. its good to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Yeah.
I'm a bit shocked that my absence has led to the most productive thread we've had since the beginning in sheer amount of suggestion and visibility.
This is a group project, and what anyone of us individually thinks works may not, at all, be representative of what the majority of other anons think. Things are rarely integrated the way they are first presented, and often months later, usually after we realize it holds some form of hidden synchronicity with the rest of the setting.
If an idea doesn't stick right now, it doesn't mean its not going to be used in some way, and that anons won't warm to it rather quickly if we find some ways to integrate it. It is better to state your argument, ask for feedback, note it, let it stew, and come back to it in a while, than get stuck in an argument over language acts.
That said, if I am to cast a vote on these recent topics.
> Finno-Korean Hyper War
I would rather not. The Hyper War is already evoked through the Hyperwarrior Cults, and I like that the Fall of Atlantis is the vanishing point of the setting's lore.
> Atlantic Bridge
Goes against the idea that anomalies don't pop up on the Surface, they are a result of "ontological pressure" increasing in the lower Layers. It would also be such a fuck huge geopolitical tension point that it would warp the setting around itself, so to speak. You think Cunningham is gonna let that falls into anyone else's hands? It might even be enough on its own to get the Brit/France alliance to completely break down.
However, if you wanted to reduce the scope, represent voodoo through a minor faction and this character, it could be done by moving this Anomaly down in Agartha. Make it small, hidden and treacherous.
>>
>>92569785
cont.
>(A faction with teleportation gimmick?)
Maybe not so much a gimmick, but there are already very rare "teleportation" anomalies I shitposted in the World Book, Tears, which are usually considered too risky and unpleasant to use by sane people, but maybe Zombies notoriously don't care...?
>>
File: csm_07_7f3b91cbb0.jpg (352 KB, 600x346)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>92569753
>>92569643
It likely wouldn't be snake oil.

A quick overview of traditional things to draw from:
>Zonbi astral
A sealed vessel, usually a bottle but it can be otherwise, containing the spirit of a dead man.
They are used as fortune charms, with spirits chosen by profession. A dead fisherman's spirit would aid with fishing, for example. Or, a bottle containing the soul of a prostitute / concubine, inserted into the [redacted] to promote [redacted].

>Zonbi kadav
In contrast to the soul without a body, this would be the body without a soul.
Ritual paralysis toxins are used, occasionally extracted directly from a previous victim's body for use later.
This is a major dark thing, a serious stigma. Anyone said to practise it is a pariah, basically.
What you're looking for here is called the Bizango, secret societies said to practise Zonbification, and use Zonbis for nefarious acts. A man would be poisoned and paralysed, buried, then disinterred and given a mild antidote when the Bizango group needs some particular act done. Murder, perhaps.
>>
>>92569803
>I shitposted in the World Book, Tears, which are usually considered too risky and unpleasant to use by sane people, but maybe Zombies notoriously don't care...?

Them Zonbi Kadav men would, indeed, not care about the horrors of the spirit realm.

So, going off
>>92569743
We would have the walking dead sent on journeys, through Tears forcefully opened via rituals?
It makes sense that only Zonbis would be able to survive in such a spiritually ravaging environment. And, that would mean it also makes sense that the only people who can exploit such a thing are the people with access to Zonbis.
Not even the Ottomans could do so, as Husks still have their souls afaik.
>>
>>92569619
>people dont always communicate well. its good to give people the benefit of the doubt.
They give attitude, I give some back. All in good fun.

>>92569785
>I'm a bit shocked that my absence has led to the most productive thread we've had since the beginning in sheer amount of suggestion and visibility.
'tis the anniversary edition! Many old souls have returned, no doubt.
>>
>>92569848
>We would have the walking dead sent on journeys, through Tears forcefully opened via rituals?
Yeah, and the Lwa could act in a similar way in this as the Imaterii for Old Mu, as messengers, or enablers of the ritual, since you mentioned they may be originating from Beyond the Void like the Star Ancestor, them tunneling through reality in a lesser way than him makes aesthetic sense.
Would Zonbis be believed to be related to Husks or Corpsified individuals, or would there be a sharp distinction between the two (three)?
>>
>>92569911
>Would Zonbis be believed to be related to Husks or Corpsified individuals, or would there be a sharp distinction between the two (three)?
Zonbi tradition is purely chemical.
Ritual oils and toxins, vegetables (Cucumbers, gourds) soaked in and saturated with said toxins served in ritual feasts.

As far as I know of the lore, Corpsifieds and Husks both still hold onto their souls and thus would never survive where the Lwa live. So, a different process.
Zonbification strips the soul but leaves the body intact.
>>
So, you can't send people or armies through the Realm of Tears. They'd just have their souls obliterated.

But, you can send Zonbis. And Zonbis can carry things. So, you could send supplies and written messages. Which means if this does settle into the lore, the Vodou faction / New Poland might be the only faction with reliable, fast intercontinental communications and fast, though limited in tonnage, supply lines to and from almost anywhere.
THAT is an advantage that could easily suggest why this group is able to resist America/Europe conquest and influence.
Even if their pure force projection is severely lacking, NEVER doubt the power of superior logistics.
>>
>>92569750
>It would likely be somewhere in or near modern day Ghana or Nigeria
Or Madagascar. Poland was supposed to get a French colony on Madagascar but the WW2 started and that went nowhere. It's few decades off but it could somehow fit in

>>92569743
>>92569813
Good stuff, looks promising.

>Perhaps by teachings of Agarthan (Lemurian?) Mystesism
I suggest Voodoo being of Lemurian origin. Lemurians had some African colonies but after their disappearing and ages of isolation, their mysticism evolved into something new, twisted by Lemurian standards but not necessarily evil.
>>
>>92569813
I just suggested snake oil because it's already an item in game. Otherwise we could tie it to a resource like the mineral mechanics or rations/materials generally.
>>
>>92569984
>I suggest Voodoo being of Lemurian origin.
Perhaps the other way around. Both are rooted in the same source ancient source, but neither of t he current Vodou nor Lemurian faith comes from each other. It is similar enough to Lemurian practises to suggest some links though, yes.
>>
>>92569953
>teleporting zombies and using them as pigeon post
I like this idea
>>
>>92570010
It definitely gives the faction enough of a leg up on the others where it could actually compete, I think.
>>
>>92570007
Old Lemurians then (Current Lemurians being entirely unrelated to Old Lemurians and just LARPing)
>>
>>92570093
Aye!
>>
Ok, so the american map it's on its way. A relatively easy one to do, since it's pretty much identical to our timeline, but with Bolivia still having coastline. Also, some of the smaller caribean islands do not appear in the map due to the map being quite small, sorry.

Anything that I've missed?
>>
>>92571870
Nah the Americas are pretty under-developed compared to Europe so without new developments like the currently brewing New Orleans/Caribbean madness, you should be fine here.
>>
>>92571870
maybe color Paraguay black.
>>
>>92571870
>>92572015
Also maybe extend the borders a bit so that they don't match the actual Paraguay borders.
>>
>>92572015
Why?
>>
>>92572044
>>92572034
Ok, the exclusion zone, nevermind. Completely forgot about that. How big should that be?
>>
>>92572074
Not significantly bigger, just a representation of a supernatural disaster striking the area with no regard for the international borders.
>>
Also, if the exclusion zone crosses the Paraná river, would weirdness hunters and other explorers set up along the river to search for any weird material dragged by the river? Something akin to gold prospectors looking for gold down the river streams?
>>
>>92572154
>Also, if the exclusion zone crosses the Paraná river, would weirdness hunters and other explorers set up along the river to search for any weird material dragged by the river?
Entirely possible and a jumping off point to start more thoroughly codifying South American lore.
>>
>>92572137
Like this?
>>
>>92572154
Yes, you'll also have PACT patrols sailing the river looking for anomalous flotsam and chasing the river scavengers.
>>92572284
I'm not sure if that Argentine enclave would better be covered by the zone or left as is because it would be funny.
>>
File: thatsnotajak.png (336 KB, 432x574)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
>>92568604
>I, too, would prefer to avoid integrating memes from non-Expedition sources.
Admittedly, I did deliberately name the Hyperwarrior in reference to the Finno-Korean Hyperwar.
And Laiton's name is a combination of Finnish and Korean words. :^)
>>
>>92572651
>Admittedly, I did deliberately name the Hyperwarrior in reference to the Finno-Korean Hyperwar.
And that's all now just dust and ashes, left in the past.
>>
So does Spain still owns the Philipines?
>>
>>92572893
yeah but Lemuria is fucking with them over it.
>>
File: GJ1wtIrakAAuJ5c.jpg (593 KB, 1418x2048)
593 KB
593 KB JPG
>>92572651
I don't mind
>>
>>92562178
>>
Fixed ottoman borders in the Caucasus, they ought to be much weaker in that area in favor of the Tsardom. Plus, Persia is still a thing.
>>
Also, the base borders for Asia are done. Only need to modify them according to Agartha.
>>
>>92573479
Thank you, I added it to the Mediafire, sorry about the delay.
>>
>>92573596
We still haven't settled on the Taiping borders, whether its all of China or if they only succeeded at taking a part.
>>
>>92573640
Well, for now this is just our timeline's 1883 borders, with the exception of the visible european and african bits visible, which are the Agarthan borders already. We can modify them now that we have a template to work with.
>>
>>92573640
Also, the island of Kyushu sank, so I'm erasing it from the map. Any other bit in need of addition/deletion?
>>
>>92573596
Time to gaze upon the shattered remnants of the British Empire and laugh/weep.
>>
>>92573640
Manchuria is under Qing remnants on external life support.
Tibet was supposed to be pro-Lemurian, I think.
Not sure about Turkestan and Mongolia, but heavy Tsardom influence, at the very least, is likely.
Not sure if Japan could take over Taiwan and Korea earlier during the Qing dynasty collapsing, but it's a possibility.
>>
>1st anniversary
>About to hit post bump limit
Good job boys, loving all the discussion and creativity. To another year of /eadsttcote/!
>>
File: shank.png (23 KB, 691x694)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>92573928
>To another year of /eadsttcote/!
A toast!
>>
>>92573869
>Tibet
I thought they had a Sky-People connection?
>>
>>92573945
I don't think Sky-People have any well established Surface connections, and their cultural inspirations are very eclectic, but leaning towards very vague Ancient Middle East.
>>
>"In voodoo they call the Gilded Splendors the points of a planet. Mystically, they appear like little gilded splinters, like little gold, like fire that holds still. They’re different strengths at different times. I guess it ties in with astrology, and influence the energy. That's what that's about."

Dimensional tears confirmed for within the voodoo tradition.
>>
>>92573869
I feel like Japan wouldn't be strong enough to take over Taiwan and Korea yet. Or, maybe, due to the fact that Saigo and his buddies sunk Kyushu before the Imperial troops could get there, the government decided fuck it, we've raised the troops so we'll invade Korea anyway. (which is why Saigo rebelled in the first place, lmao)
>>
>>92573945
>>92574016
Sky-People jaks tend to be very Tibetan looking, but they are also connected to the myth of Iram of the Pillars.
>>
>>92574143
They DID already start flexing their muscles in both regions by that point, like during the Mudan and Ganghwa incidents. I'd say the general clusterfuck in the aftermath of Taiping victory could provide an opportunity to permanently occupy Taiwan. But Korea would be more of a long-term project for them, especially with Kyushu sinking and the Mu attack.
There was also mention of the battle in Lushunkou between the Japanese and Chinese in "A Shot in the Dark" which we could probably fit in as the Japanese interfering with the Taiping attempt to finish the Qing remnants off. They could be occupying that port as well.
>>
>>92566427
on a separate point, ive been thinking about Atlan armor.
just did a sketch of Hospitalizer. i think keeping the mouth open is a good idea as they would want to use their mounts to hold and cut things, but what about the nose and ears? im leaning towards open ears closed nose. the nose would be covered with cloth and packed with herbs like a plague doctor mask, but this would be for protection from chemicals rather than plague. here is a shitty mouse drawing to convey the idea. thoughts? also, thoughts on these rule changes?

Atlan Hospitalizer: Cost 7
Elite, Medic
Movement 3, Accuracy: 4, Strength 6, Discipline 6, Evasion 5, Labor 7, Awareness 4
Health: Limbs 1, Body 1, Head 1
Armor: 0[55]T

Walk It Off : [1 AP] this model may target a friendly model
adjacent to it as it would be removed from the game. That
model remains in play until the end of the, at which point it is
removed as if it had been killed by the opponent. Ignore any Wound to that
model until then, unless they were caused by a Critical or Brutal hit.

Tough To Be Tender: At the start of the turn, Remove all up to 3 Friendly and Adjacent Models with a Grievous wound from the game.

Hypocritic Oath : This model cannot Heal Slaves or Non-Atlan models. If you Fail a Heal Action, add 1 Graze Wound to the target.

Abhor the Weak : Friendly models within 3 of this model add +1 Lethality to
all melee attacks that targets enemy models which are already Wounded.
>>
File: pp423.png (438 KB, 630x891)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
>>92574692
What is their style anyway? I imagine Atlans looking more like pic related since they were Mezoamerican colony, the late medieval european full plate from the charts looks off. Or even better, find for them aesthetics completely unrelated to America and Europe but still looking warlike
>>
>>92574927
We could always handwave the plate armour as precious artifacts from before the fall/Atlantis split while their hand-made stuff post-fall is more mesoamerican in line with your pic. Hell, we could even incorporate the theft of the precious Titan armour as being one of the reasons for the split.
>>
File: spanisharmour.jpg (95 KB, 910x1213)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>92574927
I just had a thought, what if the Semi-Euro armour they're sometimes depicted as is a result of the Conquistadors finding their way down there? We already know they did because of the husks, and it would give Atlan some historical details that happened between current day and thousands of years ago to help differentiate them from what Atlantis went through. Atlantis had friendly contact with Surfacers rarely whereas in this idea Atlan had possibly the worst first impression you could get.
Obviously the design gets changed and melded with other stuff over the next three hundred years but Morions are cool.
>>
>>92574927
>Mezoamerican colony
yeah but before that would mean anything. if they would take after a know style it would be vaguely Hellenistic with some Mayan elements.
>find for them aesthetics completely unrelated to America and Europe but still looking warlike
yeah. i was looking at https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Armor earlier for inspiration. im drawing a blank really.
>>92575195
yes! side note, i think the husked conquistador image comes from dark souls 2.
>>
>>92574692
Four abilities for an elite is a little heavy, maybe make him a specialist? I like what you're going for with the helmet design though.
>>
>>92575211
>specialist
good idea.
>helmet
glad. are you the anon that originally posted him? what do you think about the Conquistador armor idea?
>>
>>92575195
this could also be the origin of the Hospitalizers.
https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Armor
>>
>>92575240
I'm the one who posted the Conquistador idea and I think it's a very good idea.
Other than that I don't remember doing any Atlan units I'm more of a New Mu guy
>>
Another GLORIOUS bump limit achieved. With some great discussions, to boot.
Godspeed, my Agarthan brethren.
>>
File: 1667549928358185.png (3.04 MB, 1120x1600)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB PNG
>>92566186
true. having a view to the ladies ass is far more important...
>>
File: olmm.jpg (94 KB, 717x214)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>Olm-Steed: (- Silver) (NEUTRAL NPC)
Deep, Beast
AP: 3
Movement: 4
Accuracy: 5
Strength: 6
Discipline: 3
Evasion: 7
Labour: 3
Awareness: 6

>Health:
3 Box
>Armour:
None.

>General Rules:
Amphibious, Nimble, Hatred[Morlocks], Tight Squeeze
-Tight Squeeze: (1 AP) This model may test Evasion to treat Wall hexes as difficult terrain for the remainder of the turn. If this model finishes a turn in a wall hex it must succeed on another tight squeeze test next turn to be able to move out of it.
>Special Rules:
-Long Coils: (1 AP)
This model begins play one as one hex. It can spend movement points to uncoil, up to a length of 4 hexes . These hexes must be connected, anything that moves one moves the rest of them. This model gains Backstab [Needle-Teeth] if it has used Long Coils this turn or it it has at least three hexes touching a target model.

>Equipment
This model comes equipped with Needle-Teeth, it may only be equipped with those.
-Needle-Teeth: (Melee)
Acc: 0
Eva: 0
Pen: 4
Threshold: 7
Weak/Strong: [X/]/[Black]
Cost: Free

>Recruitment
This model is a beast, you don’t recruit it without special rules.
>COMMENTARY:
Don’t think about how health translates between mount and model rules please. This guy skitter-charges up, uncoils, and then bites you in the jugular. In theory there’s some sort of terrain control thing you could do but I don’t think it has enough health to sustain that for long. I really like the idea of running up very fast, twisting around your behind enemy, and then getting a backstab off. Definitely more of an ambush predator than a slammer, high pen but you have to get a charge and a backstab off to have a good chance of one-shotting a human.
Also should I include a “This model ignores obscurity” rule to simulate how they hear and don’t see?
>>
>>92575999
>"This model ignores obscurity” rule to simulate how they hear and don’t see?
for all Olmfolk or just the Olm Steed? either way yes.
>>
>>92576303
All Olms, as they're all blind but with good of ear.
In total there should be four olms and one olm themed unit so I'll keep plugging away. Then we can have a thematic Morlocks vs Olms grudge match.
>>
>>92575274
combining the two. the swirl on the head would be a red crest, it is meant to look in part like a snail shell. useful for identification on the battle field. eye mask + cloth nose cover instead of the low helmet and nose box.
Spanish base with Greek and Meso-American flourish. iffy on the insect theme, might be a good way to show off their deepness but i dont want it to be too toku. if i keep up the insect theme, it will be minor and played off as Atlan letting show their shadow subconsciously. they wouldnt knowingly dress like insects.
>>92576309
>olm themed
???
>>
>look away from the thread for a day or two
>come back to voodoo Poland
>Also learn that this combination isn't completely out of the crack house
The things that come out of these threads, I swear.
>>
>>92576436
>Olm-Themed
Olm Herder unit mentioned a few threads ago. He uses a sling and will let you take Olm-Steeds as livestock into battle to be used for various purposes.
>>
>>92576436
Is the snail shell curl going over the top and to the back like the comb on an Adrian helm or is it on the front like the crest on a Home Service helmet?
>>
>>92576657
Adrian. by crest i meant like on a bird.
>>
>>92576691
Excellent that's what I wanted it to be in my heart of hearts
>>
It's about that time again.
>>
>>92579010
Damn right it is. Great thread, everyone.
>>
>>92579010
>>92579258
On it.
>>
new
>>92579565

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.