[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Elf_Nanny.jpg (112 KB, 1028x765)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
there are tons of these. Chronicles of Darkness/World of Darkness, Monster of the Week games, cyberpunky games like Shadowrun, City of Mist, that one French rpg where you slowly become cryptids in an urban setting.

which are among the best? which are the most successful?
>>
>>92514332
>which are among the best?
You got it in one, it's CofD
>>
>>92514332
the one that has lore and mechanics that you and your table like
>which are the most successful?
literally who gives a fuck
>>
>>92514332
Urban Fantasy?
>>
File: BrightPoster.jpg (121 KB, 220x326)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>
>>92514332
>Best
After the Vampire Wars is the best because it reads like a schizo's take on urban fantasy.
>The vampires control all of the media
>There was actually a second civil war but the vampires made it so none of the news covered it and they all just thought it was riots in random cities
>MS-13 are actually werewolves
>There are psychics who go around eating parts of your soul everywhere
>Fey kidnap women and impregnate them before putting them back in our reality
>>
>>92515902
sounds fun. i'll check it out.
I liked runequest when I played it as a kid, wish it was more popular. how does this descendent version compare?
>>
File: 232478-4098740125.jpg (51 KB, 606x808)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>92515902
>After the Vampire Wars
>by John Snead
>Snead
>S N E A D
>SNEEEEAAAADD!!!
>>
I wish there were more out there that go with the idea of it as a natural progression and integration of everything within the world and not some hackish masquerade shit where everything magical is secretly hiding.
>>
>>92514534
WoD is better, mages are way less obnoxious, even if Hunters in CoD are infinitely more interesting.
>>
>>92514332
Do you mean "best" in terms of what it actually means, or are you using it how 90% of zoomer faggots do as some preferential bullshit you think is obvious to everyone else?
>>
>>92519263
WoD is better because you're to dumb to not play a game you don't like? Who gives a shit what Mages are doing. Just don't play them.
>>
File: raccoon1706327281398498.jpg (179 KB, 1080x1079)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>92514332
SAUCE NAO PLZ!
>>
>>92516435
Not them but mythras has way better combat than rq imo.
>>
>>92519290
wow this comment really contributed to the thread!!
why are you obsessed with being miserable; it's just a fun thread
>>92522734
what makes it better?
>>
>>92521602
CoD doesn't let you ignore mages, because they are what define the universe. Whether you play them or not changes nothing.
>it doesn't affect your game
Knowledge of the setting affects EVERY game, anon.
>>
>>92526392
No they aren't. You're just mindbroken by a game you don't like. Get a grip instead of obsessing about a thing you don't like.
>>
>>92523442
>it's just a fun thread

>*puts apple on the table* "this is a banana"
<"Don't you mean it's an apple? That's clearly not a banana."
>"stfu it's just a fun fruit"
>>
>>92526503
They literally made God and control the higher planes that define reality.
>>
>>92514332
oWoD

>>92514534
CofD is garbage as a setting. There's nothing really wrong with the system itself, but CofD as a setting is just completely inferior in every way to oWoD, and setting informs mechanics, so CofD is unfortunately bad.

>>92519263
>WoD
Which WoD? Because oWoD is fucking great, but gWoD is so much worse than CofD that it's not even funny.
>>
>>92515546
Holy fuck that movie was a disappointment.
>>
>>92514332
>that one French rpg where you slowly become cryptids in an urban setting.
I'm assuming you don't remember the name of that game?
>>
Unironically Call of Cthulhu
>>
>>92533706
They don't though and you'd only think that if you've only half read Mage and no other game.

>>92533774
I don't agree, obviously.
>>
any games that handle portal fantasy especially well? In other words as decent rules for both things encountered in the modern world like modern guns and vehicles and fantasy stuff like melee weapons and magic?
>>
>>92536523
How the fuck could you have high hopes for it.
Will Smith hasn't had a good movie in more than two decades, and "Orcs-are-Minorities Braindead Cop Action Movie" was basically guaranteed to be terrible.
>>
>>92539182
Taking all the BRP games and treating them like GURPS.
>>
>Call of Cthulhu
>Delta Green
>Trail of Cthulhu
>Fall of Delta Green
>Kult
>Unknown Armies
>Esoterrorists
>Fear Itself
And if for some reason you want to play from the perspective of the horrors hiding within the shadows of our modern world, I guess WoD, but WoD is really really gay.
>>
>>92515546
>amazing concept
>worldbuilding just keeps getting shittier and lazier with every minute of runtime
>plot boils down to cheap fantasy macguffin/chosen one showdown
God I hate the people who ruined this. End of Watch came out just a few years before this. Was it that hard to fucking stick to a small story of two unlikely best friends?! Did this have to become a YA/Lethal Weapon crossover? Who the fuck thought it would be clever to make orcs a unanimous blaxican stand in and elves just a “whyte ppl but somehow distinct from regular whyte ppl” straw man and smash those together with ACTUAL HUMANS who somehow miraculously have zero presence in either camp? Was it so hard to think of a division other than class or race? Would it have been insane to make a movie that wasn’t a painfully blunt lecture on social politics? Why did you waste 2 hours of my life with this and incalculable hours after the fact wrestling with how it could have been infinitely better?
>>
>>92539465
any of the generic "make it yourself" rules should work I guess, not just BRP. Only problem is that I have to make it myself
>>
>>92540440
>Who the fuck thought it would be clever to make orcs a unanimous blaxican stand in

"From the visionary director of Suicide Squad and The Beekeeper comes..."
>>
>>92522655
Charmed, the original series, Piper had a baby, hence the nanny, probably season 5, try the wikipedia episode list
>>
File: 1711774759050706.jpg (238 KB, 1024x1024)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
I know tg has a hateboner for Savage Worlds but the East Texas University setting just tickles me in the perfect way. Ive been converting and running the Degrees of Horror Campaign for the last 2 years and we're about to reach the last semester.
It's definitely more pulpy but a college setting with Vampire Cheerleaders, Cult Fraternities/Sororities, Werewolves haunting the Big Thicket, experiments in the Labs going wrong and a lot more just give such a fun vibe.

Just sad that they decided to jump on the stranger things fag train and make some middle school shit for swade instead of bringing etu up to date.
>>
>>92533774
>Which WoD?
Old
>>
>>92538840
>They don't though
They do. I suggest you go google what the supernal realms are.
>>
>>92533774
CofD does have Deviants, which are awesome, but I converted their rules to oWoD so I could play them in a better game.
>>
>>92542570
See this is what I meant by you only half reading Mage. The Supernal Realms don't really govern much of anything. They're symbolic truths more so than they are creators or shapers of the Fallen World. The Realms Invisible and the Lower Depths are things that Mages have very little grasp on in comparison too despite making up a major part of reality. And those things aren't direct reflections of the Supernal either and therefor wouldn't be dictated by the Supernal Realms even if that's what that was all about. The God-Machine is literally reality too and they've got fuck all on that. But you, for some reason, have decided that Mage has to be all knowing and have constructed some sort of strawman version of the game just so you can be annoyed at it. Where as you'd be happier with the game as it actually is.
>>
>>92543341
One of the reasons I like OWoD is because Demon the Fallen decided to give a big fuck you to Mage's cosmology.

Honestly anything that gives a fuck you to Mage is great.

Fuck the Trads. They are objectively worse villains than Pentex and the Children of Gaia and anyone you can think of.
>>
>>92514332
Christianity gives you an anti-magic buff in real life.
>>
>>92543472
Every oWoD game does that. None of them adhere to each others cosmology and are all incompatible if taken to be correct. Which they are so far as any gameline is concerned because oWoD games don't exist in the same setting just separate version of it. Hell, MtAs itself talks about how you go about handling that and the best version it gives is the Fractured Cosmos because even MtAs knows it only dictates itself.
>>
>>92543472
>One of the reasons I like OWoD is because Demon the Fallen decided to give a big fuck you to Mage's cosmology.
The butthurt from this lasted well into the 2010's. It was hilarious. There were a few Werewolf fans who were mad as fuck about it too. I kind of wish it hadn't gone down like that though, because DtF did have potential but it got buried and forgotten amidst all the angry grognard scuffling. And now Paradox refuses to update it or even acknowledge its existence, presumably because it's the wrong kind of edgy.
>>
>>92543341
The Supernal are the symbols from which reality is formed. Power over those symbols is power over reality. They have admin power.
>>
>>92539435
I didn't have high hopes for it. I had mediocre hopes for it.
>>
bump
>>
File: CopKraft_Anime.jpg (82 KB, 1537x1024)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>92514332
Except for the actual [Adult Swim] animation at times this was pretty enjoyable.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.