[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GLWfjEOawAE9-Cx.jpeg.jpg (65 KB, 1920x811)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Black Suit edition

A thread for discussing the Star Wars franchise and its various media and tabletop games.

Previous thread: >>92489910

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing, Armada, and Legion
>https://pastebin.com/9puqx1ze

Star Wars Roleplaying Games (d6/d20/FFG)
>https://pastebin.com/iUriRfaA

Other FFG Star Wars tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Old links
>https://pastebin.com/yUVx32wB

Latest AMG news:
>New Battle Force documents.
>https://www.atomicmassgames.com/star-wars-legion-documents
>https://www.atomicmassgames.com/star-wars-legion-transmissions
>https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/

Latest Edge news:
>https://edge-studio.net/a-new-hope/
>https://edge-studio.net/star-wars-edge/

Unlimited links:
>https://starwarsunlimited.com/articles/
>https://swudb.com/
>https://www.felttable.com/swu

Shatterpoint:
>https://www.atomicmassgames.com/swp-rules/

TQ: The batch are on their way to Tantiss, but who will make it out?
>>
>>92524049
Who gives a shit, all the Star Wars cartoons are garbage and don't fit the story at all.
>"I was trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku!"
>"Yeah I know, this is like the 7th time we're meeting each other, according to TCW"
>>
>>92524049
>TQ: The batch are on their way to Tantiss, but who will make it out?
Crosshair
Omega
Emerie
Scorch (Or he'll just job again and stay with the Empire)

I do believe Hunter, Wrecker, Echo and Rampart (because he's been forced into going to Tantiss) will die.
>>
File: crosshair.jpg (488 KB, 883x883)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
(Half of) Crosshair revealed for Unlimited's second set.
>>
>>92524096
Rampart got a surprisingly cushy job for blowing up a planet. I mean- at least compared to the Space-Gulag that Andor had been sent to.
>>92524085
Nah, Obi-Wan and Grievous had a sitcom arch-rivalry to them, so I completely understand him pointlessly taunting Obi-Wan. Plus it was his first time meeting Anakin.
>>
>My powers have doubled since we met last month Count
>>
what happens to captured female Stormtroopers?
>>
>>92524211
>>92524085
I wonder how watching Star Wars in entirely chronological order would alter the experience. And I mean like ALL Star Wars not just the movies.

I think someone pointed out how wildly Saw Guerrera's hair fluctuates over the timeline.
>>
>>92524264
re-education
>>
File: 1608344753790.jpg (102 KB, 900x1319)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>
File: crosshair.jpg (141 KB, 578x944)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>92524142
Ah, and there's the other half.
>>
>>92524049
>TQ
I don't give a shit. This show sucks, and I can't wait for it to be over. I wonder what kind of gay ass garbage they'll churn out next.
>>
File: Saw.png (1.6 MB, 1280x720)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
>>92524339
Pic related makes it look alright, but when you take his Andor appearance into accounts which would be between Fallen Order and Rebels, it looks a bit weird.
I suppose Saw is the kind of guy who only gets a haircut once every year or two but doesn't half-ass it.
In Fallen Order and Rebels he just so happened to get his hair cut yesterday while Andor/Rogue One were a few months after his last shave.
>>
File: 1289265273.jpg (47 KB, 281x400)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>92524211
At least 5 months to be exact. Clone Wars the show didn't have any episodes set during the Outer Rim Sieges save for the Anaxes timeline retcon and Siege of Mandalore. The last time Anakin fought Dooku would've been aboard his flagship at the Second Battle of Christophsis (Dark Disciple) as far as we know.

>>92524085
>>92524339
Not defending the Kenobi series and decision to have Vader and Obi-Wan fight between ROTS and ANH, but this kind of thing has been doing on for years in SW. I think ROTS does stick out the most to me because of all the TCW retcons. Obi-Wan clearly was never intended to have met Grievous before the Battle of Coruscant, it's implicit in the film but even more obvious in the novelization based on the screenplay. Hell Anakin and Obi-Wan had never encountered Magnaguards before the Invisible Hand. But if it isn't outright said they can work around it. So Anakin can fight Dooku a gazillion times and same Obi-Wan with Grievous. Playing devil's advocate, Vader's line in ANH about being the learner when they last fought doesn't make much sense anyway, whether you're referring to Mustafar or their Kenobi duel.
>>
>>92524049
I don't care about Bad Batch. I am well and truly sick of clones.
>>
>>92524507
Yeah not outlandish but kinda funny.
>>92524541
I don't mind Obi-Wan all that much like some people seem to. Though I agree that I prefer A New Hope with the idea that their last duel was on Mustafar, I think it's both funnier and has more weight. The idea that when he sense Obi-Wan he flashes back to having his lungs set on fire mid-conversation, or how Vader is probably hyping himself up the entire fight because he expects that their rematch is gonna have to top the finale in RotS and blow up half the death-star before its over.
>>
>>92524541
>Playing devil's advocate
And completely missing the main point.
>>
>>92524644
>introduce a concept as interesting as rapid cloning
>exclusively use it to clone boba fett
>>
>>92524264
> I am well and truly sick of clones.
And your parents are sick of you, yet we both know you're going slopping up clone kino and your parents will still love you.
>>
File: 1292349110.jpg (55 KB, 800x211)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>92524652
Well I think there is a difference between Vader and Obi-Wan fighting again before ANH and Anakin and Obi-Wan always fighting Dooku and/or Grievous before ROTS. The former duels have more emotional weight, there's not anything like that with the latter. It's not as if Dooku and Grievous have deep connections with Kenobi and Skywalker, beyond Dooku knowing Qui-Gon which never even comes up on screen beyond the one mention of him on Geonosis in AOTC. So it's not like we're losing the emotional stakes at least.
>>
File: 1620254153688.jpg (576 KB, 1920x816)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
Reminder that ROTS never specified when was "the last time" that Anakin and Dooku met.

Reminder, that George established all the way back when making ROTS, that there would be numerous situations, in which Palpatine and Dooku would set up a confrontation to test Anakin, and the last confrontation at the Invisible Hand just happened to be the last one:
>"Palpatine has told Dooku, 'I have somebody who I think will be a great Sith Lord and I think we can get him to join us. But we need to test him. So we're going to setup a situation where you fight him. If he gets the best of you, then I'll stop the fight and he'll have passed the test. If you get the best of him, then we'll let him go, and we'll let him stew for a few more years until he's ready.' But behind it, obviously, is Palpatine's real intention: If Anakin is good enough, Anakin can kill Dooku and become Palpatine's new apprentice. But he didn't tell Dooku that." — George Lucas, The Making Of Revenge of the Sith; Page 41.
Lucas wanted them to fight.

Reminder that the only bit of reliable information not to be explicitly contradicted from ROTS was Obi-Wan's "This time we'll do it together," and the last time Anakin had an encounter with Dooku, they weren't together.

People are really grasping at straws trying to present it as if there is some kind of contradiction. There is none. It is interesting and thematically consistent, and it shows Sheev actively grooming Anakin.
>>
>>92524143
Grievous didn't say it when he met Anakin, it was right before he died.
>>
>>92524644
I lost interest in Bad Batch when they made Wrecker a retard and mostly useless in a fight, until he turned evil because of the implant and suddenly he's unstoppable. I HATE how often a show or movie or whatever makes the big guy either evil or a moron. Beast Wars was an exception...then in the sequel series Rhinox turned evil.
>>
How could a youngling have survived order 66?
>>
File: 1711289037109.webm (3.49 MB, 1280x544)
3.49 MB
3.49 MB WEBM
>>92525127
>here is your elite genetically enhanced special ops commando, trained from birth by the Kaminoan's best programs and the Galaxy's best instructors, who had been on countless of extremely dangerous missions at the Galactic war, and hasn't failed a single one
>>
>>92525016
>If he gets the best of you, then I'll stop the fight
Is Dooku retarded? Is Palpatine retarded? Who would ever believe this?
>>
>>92524774
Yeah, people make the mistake of thinking retcons are inherently bad. They're not, it depends on execution. Grievous and Obi-Wan having a war-spanning rivalry adds to Revenge of the Sith rather than takes away.
>>92525070
Oh right.
>>
>>92525206
He was planning taking Ventress as his apprentice and betraying Palpatine right? Maybe after Ventress got fired he thought he could take Anakin for himself and then kill Palpatine?
>>
Unpopular opinion, Mandalorians are cooler than Clone troopers.
>>
File: wtf master.jpg (228 KB, 1600x901)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>92525206
>Is Dooku retarded?
Kinda, yes. There is a lot of hubris there, a lot of irony, like always with the Sith. His flaw was pride and arrogance. He thought he was too valuable and important to be disposed of. This is the face of the man, who was cheated and betrayed. They had a deal. But Palpatine didn't tell Dooku the real deal.
>Is Palpatine retarded?
No, why? The situation is perfect for Palpatine.
>>
>>92525193
Remember in TCW when he lifted an entire God damn LAAT? Dude could bench press a bantha yet can't win a fight to save his life.
>>
>>92525206
Dooku was a Sith apprentice, he kind of had no choice. And all Palpatine cared about was getting the strongest apprentice.
>>
>>92525240
But Palpatine outplayed Dooku and told him to dispose of Ventress before anything like that could come into fruition. Whereas with Anakin, perhaps Dooku didn't buy into the hype. He did not believe Anakin could defeat him. He never did before. So losing to him was a surprise, as was getting betrayed by Palpatine on top of that, when he obviously promised Dooku that he would remain the Sith Apprentice and that he would not be killed, and Anakin would just be the new Ventress, merely a Sith Assassin. Indeed, Dooku was not expecting to be killed, because he was promised that he wouldn't be. So he thought there is time to either dispose of Anakin later himself, or manipulate and use him against Sidious.
>>
>>92525379
Imagine how different the war would have gone if Dooku realized he was being used for a human whetstone.
>>
>>92523496
Moron faggot
>>
I played swtor recently and it's kino. you guys lied to me. the story is great and it's that perfect level of campy
>>
>>92525419
Technically Luke passed the final Trial when he confronted Palpatine and Vader on the Death Star, but Yoda said before he died that Luke didn't need more training.
>>
>>92525328
TCW Bad Batch were so much better in everything: from their skills to characterization. They were this weird, mysterious clone squad, wearing all black armor, their ship was visually reminiscent of the classic Imperial shuttle, our protagonists didn't even know what to think of them, same as we, the audience. They returned from "putting down an insurrection." They did black ops shit and suicide missions, and they did not exactly knew who they reported to. They didn't give two shits about the regs and viewed them as basically subhuman. They were okay with shooting the natives of Skako Minor. When creating them, George was inspired by "The Dirty Dozen", a penal battalion of scumbags and criminals used for suicide missions in WW2. And Disney did what Disney does best: they disneyfied them. They turned them into incompetent A-Team daycare babysitters. All of them should have stayed Imperial, at least for one season.
>>
>>92525472
It's an underrated game
>>
>>92525472
We lie to you about many things. It amuses us.

I actually kinda like the jews. They have a lot of witty comedians. And they invented bagels. Stand up chaps.
>>
>>92525486
It would only take a few touches. Wrecker doesn't lose hand to hand, Fennec runs rather than easily downs him, rather than Hunter being too slow for Cad Bane, Bane just dodges the shot as he fires, he still wins but Hunter doesn't lose because of his own shortcomings. It's not hard.
>>
>>92525538
Cinnamon raisin bagels excuse a whole lot of bullshit.
>>
>>92525486
You know that one of the Dirty Dozen was just a black guy who accidentally broke a white officers jaw so hard it pierced his brain in a barfight right? They even point out the guy is a teddy bear and if he'd been white he'd have just been reassigned.

The only one of the Dirty Dozen that was a proper scumbag was a former Nazi (shocker) that tanks the whole mission when he breaks rank to shoot a former commander of his in the SS (something that should have surprised no-one given how he acted- even if he spoke the best German of the group they should have kept him far far away from the social infiltration element of the mission).
>>
>>92525379
But that's dumb as fuck. Here you have Palpatine saying "Ventress is too powerful! You must kill her to preserve the Rule of Two!" while also saying "Skywalker is the most powerful Jedi ever, "we" should make him 'our" Sith apprentice!"

Like what the fuck? What nonsense, it's unbelievably clear that he's going to betray and replace Dooku.

>>92525340
>Dooku was a Sith apprentice, he kind of had no choice.
Palpatine had a Sith apprentice when he was a Sith apprentice. Even if you ignore that, he's still telling Dooku that he wants another Sith apprentice, but his own apprentice is apparently "too strong".

I mean Christ, why does Dooku even have any loyalty whatsoever to Palpatine? His machinations killed Qui-Gon. Why the hell should he believe anything Sidious says? Using him to topple the Republic is one thing, actually trusting him is very much another.
>>
>>92525611
I mean since Dooku was the apprentice, he couldn't actually refuse the plan. He does it or Palpatine kills him on the spot.
>>
>>92525611
People keep signing up to Donald Trump's campaign despite the insanely high turn-over rate there.
>>
>>92525193
Hollywood rules
The tiny woman will always defeat the special ops huge muscle trained soldier because the force is female
Sorry
>>
>>92525611
Again, Dooku didn't buy into the Anakin hype. He defeated him a bunch of times. Losing to him was a surprise. And then again, Dooku was subservient and had to go along with Sheev, or he would fuck him up.
>Even if you ignore that, he's still telling Dooku that he wants another Sith apprentice
No, Anakin would be an assassin, a tool, like Ventress. There would still be two Sith Lords: Darth Sidious and Darth Tyrannus. Dooku then could dispose of Anakin himself later to thwart Sidious' grand ambitions, like Sidious did with Ventress, or he could manipulate Anakin and use him against Sidious.

Anon, use your head a bit and think beyond the surface. Think deeper.
>>
>>92525629
>I mean since Dooku was the apprentice, he couldn't actually refuse the plan. He does it or Palpatine kills him on the spot.
Just agree to it, turn off the holo, and then immediately betray him. He could have just told the Jedi Palpatine was the Sith Lord, and the Republic would be thrown into chaos. Then he could actually just win with the CIS and do whatever he wanted.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Ă̴̧̝̪̺̤̦͔̳̫̪͖̘͕̦͂͗͗̍̇͋͆͑̀̏̕̚̕͘ͅG̵̹͕̞̋͒̈́͛̄̈̑̈̈́̓̚͘G̶̱͓̝͖̘̔̈̎̑͛̃̄̍̓̇͒̿̓͘̕͠ͅH̴̼̺̺̻͇̗͇̣͓̪̥̦̉͑̿̀̿͆͋̀͜͝͝͠H̶̨̢̭̩̦͇̼̆́̓͆͆̈́̿͘Ḧ̸̢̛̛̳̦͚̺͚̟̥̙͇̭́̇̀̒̈́̄̇̍̿͛̂͠!̵̛͇̘͇͍͙̝̈́̓̾̃̎̏̇̿͑͘͝͠͝!̵̧̗̭͑̓̊͝!̷̥̾̓̽̔͒̾̊̑̊̄́́̀!̴̨̱͎̰̗̽̂͑̈́̈́͋͑̒͋̽̋͗̌͠͝
>>
>>92525611
You fail to understand Sith Darwinism. It's the master's job to find the strongest apprentice, then train that apprentice to surpass them. The apprentice knows they have surpassed their master when they stop seeing their master as strong, so they have nothing left to learn, and kill the master. And the master KNOWS their apprentice is waiting for a chance to kill them, they WANT the apprentice to try, because it means the master has created something greater than themselves, which is the goal of every teacher to ever exist in reality or fiction. This means every Sith is stronger than the one who came before. The apprentice knows that the master will test them, and replace then if a better candidate comes along. Dooku was fully aware Anakin was being tested against him for the entire war, shit he knew it when they fought on Geonosis and Dooku cut his arm off. Dooku had the advantage every time they fought, why wouldn't he think he'd win the fight on the Invisible Hand too? As the apprentice, Dooku saw Anakin as just another test, every fight is Dooku proving he's the right choice as Palpatine's successor.
>>
>>92525668
I find it weird that nobody in media ever does this. Blatantly lie to a bad-guy when it's the smart thing to do. I mean I understand honesty is a good guy trait, but there's also strategy. Pretending to agree to a bad guy to accomplish something good costs you nothing.

Only example I can think of seeing it is in Renfield, where the police-woman in a gunfight lies about being out of ammunition, and then shoots the bad guy when he pops out thinking she's out of bullets. Then later she pretends to accept Dracula's 'join me to bring your sister back to life' spiel as an excuse to get close enough to him and open the windows to expose him to sunlight. Especially since all she needs to bring her sister back to life is his blood, she and Renfield then just dismember Dracula killing him and giving them more than enough blood to bring back her sister anyway.

Too often I see characters go 'I have to do the right thing, not the smart thing'.
>>
File: GLUBxkTWIAAxeCD.jpeg.jpg (81 KB, 1920x816)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
i always thought palpatine telling dooku to get rid of ventress was more of a test of loyalty than her actually getting too powerful

which is why dooku doesnt clock on with the whole anakin thing, because palpatine had no problem with savage or quinlan vos
>>
>>92525748
Also if Ventress killed Doku instead, Palpatine would just take her as his apprentice, she would prove she's worthy of the position by killing Dooku. Either way Palpatine wins.
>>
>>92525765
>this was a thing in a clone wars infinity story
>>
>>92525666
>He defeated him a bunch of times.
There were numerous times where he failed to defeat Anakin solo, and actually had to run away from him and Obi-wan together. So why exactly would he think that he could defeat them both at once? Lucas literally says that he told Dooku what he would do if he lost, meaning that it's not like he was 100% supposed to win.

>No, Anakin would be an assassin, a tool, like Ventress.
>"Palpatine has told Dooku, 'I have somebody who I think will be a great Sith Lord and I think we can get him to join us.'"
>>
>>92525748
>i always thought palpatine telling dooku to get rid of ventress was more of a test of loyalty than her actually getting too powerful
It's both. Ventress was really kinda OP, she was going toe-to-toe with Anakin and Obi-Wan, and in the same episode she choked both of them at the same time, even though she really tapped into the Dark Side and was extremely angry, especially in the light of Dooku throwing her under the bus.
>because palpatine had no problem with savage or quinlan vos
Palpatine didn't know of Savage, and he didn't know about Vos until the very last moments when they were all trapped on Christophsis together. Before that, Vos was serving Dooku in secret.
>>
>>92525748
I thought it was that, plus Palpatine out of an abundance of caution wanting to put a check on Dooku to preserve his own power.
>>
>>92525748
If anything it was a Sith shittest that Dooku failed. Any true Sith would have disobeyed the order somehow, finding some way to circumvent his master or otherwise betraying him, or at the VERY LEAST making a good argument for why she should be kept around.
>>
>>92525813
People forget the long standing tradition of the Sith apprentice finding their own apprentice, lying to their master about them being an apprentice, then they try to kill the master together. It's literally what Vader did in Force Unleashed. Part of the test of the Sith apprentice is HIDING this from their master. If they can't hide it, they're not cunning enough and need more training.
>>
>>92525786
Lucas also calls lightsaber a "lazer sword" and gungans "goongas." Obviously, Sidious didn't tell him that he would be a Sith Lord. Lucas perfectly explained in excruciating detail many times how Rule of Two works. So, to put Lucas' explanation out of informal interview context, and into the actual scriptwriting story context, Anakin was obviously gonna be an assassin, like Ventress.
>There were numerous times where he failed to defeat Anakin solo
Not really. There were times where he had to retreat due to the urgency of the situation or being outnumbered, or there were times where he simply didn't try and was trolling Anakin, like in TCW movie. He knew in his mind that he had already won, because he set out a trap for Ahsoka who had Jabba's son, so defeating Anakin was not the point for him. In any real fight, like on Naboo, in any real, serious fight, Dooku shits on Anakin. Although as the war progressed, Anakin got better obviously, and in ROTS he fucks him up finally.
>>
Soresu is a form for ladies
>>
File: stream.png (2.05 MB, 1475x1044)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
https://starwarsunlimited.com/articles/smuggling-the-goods
>new set 2 mechanics are Bounty, Capture, and Smuggle
>Bounty keyword gives opponent a benefit for defeat/capture of that unit
>Capture removes all damage/upgrades from a unit, puts it out of play underneath the capturing unit until that "guard" is defeated, after which the captured unit returns to play
>Smuggle keyword allows you to pay a cost to play a card directly from your resource zone, Smuggle cost/aspects vary from normal and the top card of your deck replaces the resource
>>
>>92525860
Soresu is why the Jedi Order fell.
>>
>>92525481
So yeah, Luke indeed became a Jedi.
>>
>>92525874
Elaborate, I want to hear this.
>>
>>92525860
as in, its a form to impress the ladies?

because it definitely worked with obi-wan
>>
>>92525845
Unironically true, the moment Vader found out about Luke he started planning to eventually murder the Emperor.
>>
>>92525934
I don't think Vader made concrete plans. He's not really a longterm thinker- he leaves that to other people. I think 'killing the Emporer' was now suddenly on the table where it hadn't been for 19 years prior.
>>
>>92525886
Every saber style is a mental philosophy. Example, Djem So is about power and control, so big surprise, it's Vader's favorite. Soresu is 100% defense, until the enemy gives you an opening. Kenobi loved it, but only mastered it when Anakin influenced him to be more bold and daring, which is critical because you have to know when it's time to break your defense and attack. But most Jedi never figured that part out, they were too soft and complacent from being in power unchallenged for so long. Niman is also a bad culprit, sure it can lead to great power, but complacent Jedi never got there, every, EVERY Niman practitioner at the Battle of Geonosis died, because the style did not demand enough from them, their skills plateaued because they weren't pushed to achieve more.

So, Soresu style complacency is why the Jedi died. Had the Order emphasized a more proactive style, and the ways of thinking that style would provoke, they would have been much harder to defeat.
>>
File: 1456066443095.gif (2.71 MB, 255x191)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB GIF
>>92525854
>Obviously, Sidious didn't tell him that he would be a Sith Lord.
I think you're just coping hard right now.

It's obvious that Anakin would not just be an assassin. He has the highest midichlorian count of all time, he has the potential to be the most powerful Jedi or Sith ever. He's also known galaxy-wide as a war hero of the Republic, he can't be as incognito as Ventress. He's also like 60 years younger than Dooku, literally a newer, fresher model who would have started his Sith training in the prime of his life instead of when he was already an old man like Dooku. Dooku has also only narrowly defeated him multiple times in the past, it's obvious that with enough training Anakin could surpass him, especially when Dooku made fun of him multiple times for being weak by not tapping into the Dark Side. And there are literally dozens of times throughout the Clone Wars Palpatine has Dooku test Anakin to push him to the Dark Side,

Dooku has every reason to believe that Palpatine would want Anakin as a Sith Lord, and Lucas literally says that's exactly what Palpatine told him. Right now, you're doing nothing but immersing yourself in your own headcanon, and using that to insist that when George said something, he actually meant something completely to the contrary.

In other words, you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>92526044
You are completely correct. Dooku would know from the start that Anakin is a potential replacement, the only thing he could do was always be a step ahead and keep winning, until he proved to Palpatine that he was a better apprentice than Anakin. This what you sign up for with the Sith, you succeed, or you die.
>>
File: 567.png (1.21 MB, 1920x808)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>92525239
That vs maintaining one throwaway line in ROTS seems like a no-brainer. Which is why it's a little surprising to me they were so adamant that Anakin and Grievous couldn't interact before ROTS. And you can come up with an elaborate way to have them fight anyway. Like Anakin hiding his identity from Grievous like Obi-Wan changed his damn face in Season 4. Or they should've purposely introduced Grievous as larger in stature in the early seasons of TCW but he's crippled and receives a new exoskeleton for ROTS explaining Anakin's "shorter than expected" line.
>>
>>92526128
Yeah, but you know what. That kind of hilarious pedanticness is why I love Star Wars. I think it's hilarious to see them to go to all that effort.
>>
>>92526148
It would have been better if they had a line here or there about how Anakin is annoyed he never got to fight Grievous.
>>
File: IMG_8642.jpg (24 KB, 312x260)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Sergeant Osborne, ready for duty.
>>
File: le smart blue man.png (63 KB, 1008x211)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>
File: battle of wits.png (162 KB, 1452x733)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>>92527844
This kills the EUnuch.
>>
Whoever gives me the best, most autistic headcanon over who Thrawn is and how he acts will have their idea made canon in my campaign. I haven’t seen any of his EU or canon material and I don’t plan to, but the guy is important for the era of my game
>>
>>92528196
"Thrawn" is actually clever disguise by Grand Moff Tarkin - he puts on blue makeup, a wig, and red contacts and pretends to be an alien to troll retarded Ozzel-types in the Imperial military.
>>
>>92528196
The Chiss are not-Japan and Thrawn is a reverse Yasuke.
>>
File: 1647014868786.jpg (29 KB, 438x617)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
What is this time of day on the thread called?
>>
>>92528196
If you don't know anything about him, why would you set your campaign in a period where he's central to the story? When exactly is it set?
>>
>*does nothing all day while standing on guard duty or patrolling hallways with full commando gear for some reason in your path*
>>
>>92528825
It's peacetime anon, no need for commandoing about.
>>
>>92528835
Oh yeah? What was Crosshair doing in the first two seasons...? How come Crosshair was allowed to play a commando, but actual clone commandos have to be on guard duty and patrol hallways, while wearing commando gear for some reason..? Why the fuck do they need survival pack and DC-17m on guard duty?
>>
>>92528835
>>92528862
And don't get me started on this fucker.
>>
>>92528825
>why are the highly trained commandos standing guard watching the top secret research vessel going to the top secret facility that nobody knows about?
nitpicking much???
>>
File deleted.
>>92528890
Read again, and use your brain.
>>92528825
>>92528862
>>92528885
They are not fucking guards. You don't have Delta Force standing on fucking guard duty, anywhere, ever. That's not their qualification. Just like you wouldn't have commandos standing on guard duty, while creating some Shadow the Hedgehog OCs to do actual commandoing and be competent, while the OG commandos do nothing and suck cocks.
>>
>>92528815
Right after episode 6
>>
>>92528941
Thrawn doesn't come back for years after RotJ. There are dozens of other Warlords and Imperial factions occupying that period. Where in the galaxy is your campaign set?
>>
File: GLYPhAEXQAEagYC.jpeg.jpg (352 KB, 1200x1200)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
apparently they're out today?

anyone getting them?
>>
>>92528941
How right after, because Thrawn comes in 5 years after Endor.
>>
>>92527991
As if Yidsney writing is any better
>>
File deleted.
>>92528938
I love it when whiny little bitches like you make it this easy to prove you wrong.
>>
>>92529992
Maybe you should get the context of that photo first before making yourself look like an utter retard. Niggas are literally in a fucking war zone in a photo from the fucking Gulf War, and you compare them to commandos doing guard duty and patrolling hallways in some gay ass research facility. You should also read up on what Mike Vining was actually doing. But you won't. You are a gay ass clown.
>>
>>92529992
Why did the general and his aide give thier accountant a gun, and where does the guy in the photographers's vest on the left have his camera?
He seems to have a lot of lenses and heavy stuff in there, maybe he is looking around like that to find it again?
>>
>>92525643
Waiter, can you take this post back? It's too salty.
>>
>>92528825
>>92528938
It's easy to justify in-universe. The Empire, by and large, doesn't value clones. Helmock is working on an important, top-secret project at the personal behest of the Emperor. The clone commandos would otherwise just be disposed of, Hemlock gives them a job. The Empire doesn't see them as elite troops, just outdated technology being dumped in a backwater research.
Hemlock is making out like a bandit getting top tier protection for his super special awesome chocolately-fudge-coated Necromancer project.
The commandos don't care. Good soldiers follow orders, after all.
>>
>>92525643
yes, and?
okay its a bit bullshit that fennec was able to pull that off given it was stated that she's new to the scene
>>
>>92528938
Lmao back again to whine about commandos, gotta love it.
>>
>>92530761
remember, nobody will call scorch by his name!!!1!
>>
>>92530809
Yep love how quickly that got proven wrong, KWAB
>>
>>92530622
>given it was stated that she's new to the scene
Is she? Because assuming Fennec is about the same age as her live-action actress during the Mando-era, she'd already be in her early 30s during the Bad Batch. Unless she got an unusually late start in crime, she'd probably have been killing people for longer than the Batch have been alive.
>>
>>92528885
It shocks me that that nameless clone assassin didn't die. Especially given it's clear there are multiples of them.
>>
File: coolsville sucks.jpg (112 KB, 1242x691)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
I think clonetroops suck!
>>
>>92531244
Nuh uh
>>
>>92521115
You know, the average galactic conquest in the mod is ridiculously long. I think my last campaign ended in like 45 ABY.

With this fact, you can easily make the argument for going all the way from Endor to Legacy, and not run out of content. I guess you'd have to cut out the period when nothing much happened, but still. Pretty sure that the devs are planning to add things at least until the kilik clusterfuck, as they are already on the map.

When going that far, I suppose some sort of retirement/death mechanic would be realistic, but I'm not sure how feasible that would be.
>>92521125
Yeah, that would make sense. EaW could use at least a rudimentary diplomacy system, to at least ally the Hand with the Empire when Thrawn's in charge.
>>
>>92531244
remove clanker REMOVE CLANKER
remove confederate from the premises
Yeah, clones are not great but the CIS is even worse
>>
>>92531244
Ah Yes, the republic. The good guys who use child slave soldiers to wage their wars of subjugation.
>>92531722
Ok, bootlicker. The CIS will rise again.
>>
>>92525668

Also how sweet is a Sith assassinating his master - by Jedi?
>>
What do you think happened to all those thousands of Munificent ships after the CIS droid army was shut down? Remember, Munificents could have a living crew. Would the Empire tolerate some still jetting around the Outer Rim?
>>
>>92531921
Not under their control. Probably most were melted down for scrap. Maybe a few might be divvied up amongst some loyalist planets (like they seemed to favor the Trandoshans).
>>
>>92531460

Unfortunately I think diplomacy is one of those things that just isn't possible unless Corey and team get the source code from petroglyph.

>>92531921

Mothballed, scrapped, or sold off to the csa.
>>
>>92531921
>letting a ship with the power to slag half a planet and which carries an army of battle droids still exist

Funny though. In the old Saga d20 system the Munificent appears to be only a "restricted" purchase (scale goes Common Licensed Restricted Military Illegal, so somehow the Munificent doesn't qualify as a military ship kek), meaning you can buy one and license it as your personal cruiser and nobody will bat an eye legally.

If you have 57 million credits to buy one anyway, then the extra 10% to license it.
>>
>>92531921
>Would the Empire tolerate some still jetting around the Outer Rim?
Nope, but they would be an excellent reason to up the military budget and down local liberties and autonomy... all in the name of peace and security. Terrorists are still out there. I think Bracca, Bilbringi, etc are examples for the scrapping of most Seppie ones, and the Office of the Chancellor running the IGBC by the end of the war mean another batch easily ordered to the wreckers later.

Which leaves us with 100s that would've slipped through the cracks, to be hunted down, or left abandoned wherever they were deactivated.
>>
>>92531759
>The CIS will rise again.
Not on my watch. Down with the rebels, pirate scum all of them.
>>
>>92532698
>not having a few score CIS ships escape to the Unknown Regions and begin the neo-Confederacy far from the Empire, peacefully colonising new star systems beyond the hyperspace tangle
>>
>>92532641
There were probably thousands of the things laying around.
>>
>>92532698
What's that ship top right? Up armored Munificent?
>>
>>92532747
There were thousands in their attack on Coruscant alone.
>>
>>92532757
Wait no, that's the fucking cursed Acclimator/Munificent hybrid.
>>
>>92532747
consider it a typo, that the Imperials were thorough, or that I'm a minimalist.
>>
>>92532714
nah, fuck peacefully colonising. They're spreading independence from the barrel of a droid ship until that Imperial advance force Sheevy P sent into the UR catches up with them.
>>
>>92532831
But anon, that's how peace occurs. Through superior firepower.
>>
>>92532831
Unironically origin story for an alternative ST enemy for the NR.
>>
>>92529265
I thought it was supposed to be released on the 19th?
I want to get them but iirc they got delayed until June where I live, so that'll have to wait unless I can get them online without getting ripped off.
Hunter looks strong even if I'm not a fan of his sculpt.
>>
>>92532714
CIS has no ideals beyond "we love serving megacorps" especially when said megacorps are dead and gone.
>>
Rampart will betray the Bad Batch in order to get reinstated, he'll be given the Tantiss military command out of irony (since he hates clones and that's full of them)
>>
>>92530602
We see Commandos all over the place, actually. Its clear they've been placed as sort of Commissars overseeing the training of TK Troopers and shifting around old Clones to be under them. The Stormtrooper project involves Clone Commandos acting as trainers.
>>
>>92525472
It's just not a good follow up in terms of worldbuilding to KOTOR 1 and 2, they just turn everything into the OT, the Jedi Knight story is ass too but all the others are good
>>
>>92533825
Jedi Knight has the best wife.
>>
>>92525472
SWTOR is a really good and fun game with some great class stories (Sith Warrior and Imperial Agent are the standouts). It was just always awful at being an MMO.
>>
File: IMG_5429.jpg (53 KB, 516x595)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>92531244
All this talk about Rep Commandos has got me thinking, how would you go about doing a Separatist Commando game? And would you go for Droid Commandos or Organic Commandos (or even a mixture)?

>>92532768
The fucking what?
>>
File: han.jpg (21 KB, 360x450)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>92529265
nope, going to get Han to go with my boy Luke
>>
>>92533895
Probably depends on the genre you want, but there's definitely a lot of potential.
I'm thinking of something along the lines of Metal Gear or X-com 2, rather than a traditional FPS.

Could start before the clone wars, working for one of the corps as an organic squad, with the first plotline being about silencing some group that found out about the rearmament efforts.
When the clone wars start, you could add commando droids to the team, serving as disposable party members for firefights or sneaking.
>>
>>92533895
If I had a CIS game I would make it so you have a budget for each mission and you spend that budget on different droids to carry out missions
>>
>>92534101
I like the idea and would expand it to include the Bounty Hunter, Mercenary, or independent system officer who'll run the mission in your place or be henchman number 1.
>>
Is it possible for Dathomiri (Zabraks) to crossbreed with humans? Do the parts even line up?
>>
>>92530602
>It's easy to justify in-universe. The Empire, by and large, doesn't value clones.
It's really not. Again, these fuckers exist >>92528885
They are clones. And they effectively usurped clone commandos' role, while the actual clone commandos were turned into fucking guards.
>>
>>92530622
No one cares about your ugly waifu, commit seppuku, you pathetic weasel.
>>
>>92533825
>they just turn everything into the OT
My dude, that was true for KOTOR1/2 as well. They practically use the same ships in SWTOR, they just make things a bit more on the nose like giving the Sith fighters solar panels and making their logo the OT Empire's. But other than that, SWTOR's no different from KOTOR 1/2 in terms of aesthetics. Really, the Republic side of things is fine on both accounts, but the Sith Empire in both KOTOR and SWTOR should've been more Ancient Egypt-esque as in TOTJ. The Sith needed to have a look that properly matches their gaudy golden robes, armor and capes, and the Space Egypt look of Korriban. I'm even thinking ripping off Stargate might've been a good idea.

Like, the Empire has this cold, utilitarian look that actually ironically doesn't fit the Sith very well.
>>
>>92534424
The show doesn't really know what kind of message its trying to send. You've got the Empire "decommissioning" clones, but then continuing to use them still, just supplemented by regular recruits, which is really... what happened in Legends. Its just most of the named Clones that go rogue. You have them scrapping Venators, but then they're also using them.

Its just really fucking jarring. Are they a corrupted Republic taken to their natural conclusion, as in Legends, or are they something else entirely? In which case, why did we need ANOTHER show (Empire Tales) to give us Imperial PoV, when Bad Batch would've done the job well enough.
>>
File: IMG_8002.jpg (52 KB, 776x1024)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>92534016
>>92534101
If I had money I’d fund it, both ideas are based.

>>92534382
Considering what ever the fuck is going on with Dathomir I would assume a cross compatibility with Humans, I just don’t know how it would turn out since Irdonian Zabraks and Dathomiri Zabraks are two different variants of wtf.
>>
>>92534545
The show is simply terrible and retarded on multiple levels. It's actually even worse than Rebels. At least Rebels had character arcs, and its characters were not one-dimensional archetypes.
>>
>>92534582
I don't really mind if they go full Clone Rebellion or full Republic-Empire transition, but they need to pick something and stick with it. Right now its just a disjointed mess. We already know the Brady Bunch are gonna lose, too.
>>
>>92533895
>The fucking what?
https://youtu.be/ndcNS_IYQKI?feature=shared
>>
>>92534545
>In which case, why did we need ANOTHER show (Empire Tales) to give us Imperial PoV,
As if. Barriss is no Imperial, and Morgan is just a Nightsister autist. While Dooku's Tales story did a good job setting up his motivations, everything in Empire Tales just looks lmao evil as usual.
>>
>>92534424
Is that Black Noir?
>>
>all this talk about clone commandos
How about the Delta Squad command card?
>>
>>92525863
>hotshot blaster
>play as an aggression card to just give a guy a gun
>play as a cunning card to cheat it in with smuggle, give a guy a gun *and* make a surprise attack
subtle kino
>>
>>92524049
I need help:
I am looking for a quote from a comic or a book saying that the Emperor obsession for super-weapon would be his downfall.
Does somebody know it?
>>
>>92537101
Nostril of Palpatine.
>>
>>92537288
Thanks!
>>
>>92529964
Yidsneytranny are too dumb to understand.
>>
>>92525550
I was fine with Bane beating Hunter.
In a quickdraw, it makes sense that a gunslinger beats a soldier. Soldiers don't really fight in situations like that, while Bane's probably danced that dance a hundred times.
>>
>>92536869
They look neat.
Getting to choose between 2 aims + order control or a free recover is nice. You could even take them with both Offensive Push and HQ Uplink and use either as needed, but I feel like Offensive Push and never giving them an order would be better overall.
Infinite Courage is both a blessing and a curse.
I honestly hoped they'd get 2 wounds each but no such luck.
Not being useable with other Clone Commandos is bullshit though and I hope AMG realize they are being pants-on-head retarded and fix their unique unit rule before they get released or something.
Judging from the unboxing I've seen they seem to come with a lot of extra arms and legs which could be used to give Hunter a DC-17m when Bad Batch gets released so I'm slightly happy, even if some of their poses look kind of ass.
>>
C-21 Highsinger!
>>
File: imperial atte.jpg (244 KB, 1000x548)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>Empire depicted as still using Clone Wars ancient fucking shit like this
Why are comics so shit?
>>
>>92540175
This looks like a parade? Russia paraded a tank that was 80 years old irl
>>
>>92540175
Same reason some airshows in America fly P-51s and F-22s together, for past accomplishments and to showcase modern advancement.
>>
>>92540175
Why wouldn't you? Russians have been busting out WW2 era T-34's in Ukraine.

A tanks a tank. Using an old tank is preferable to not having a tank.
>>
so the Outer Rim is basically the frontier, there's little to no developed worlds?
>>
>>92540421
It's the wild west, there is civilization but it's isolated and self-sufficing.
>>
File: d3iyw9p34tp01.jpg (70 KB, 750x936)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Speaking of walkers, thoughts?
>>
Are there any rumours or announcement or talk about reviving Armada with a new edition or product line?
The game is pretty much dead and whatever boxes you can still get are hilariously expensive. It's impossible to talk anyone into trying this game.
>>
>>92542090
I think they soft-shelved it. Zero new releases for how many years, and pretty much radio silence since the game went to AMG.

Also, stop waving your tits and ass about, get into your gear.
We're stealing a sapceship.
>>
File: Coleman-Kcaj_FE.jpg (18 KB, 500x342)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
Congratulations on passing your tests, youngling!
You now have the distinct honor of becoming a padawan of a member of the high council!
Meet your new master, Coleman Kcaj!
You'll be learning from him every day for the next decade
>>
>>92542813
>this guy survived order 66
>>
>>92542813
I’d be fine with that, Coleman seems based.
>>
File: Coleman Kcaj.jpg (43 KB, 298x426)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>92542813
I think his mouth does close so he looks less threatening.
>>
File: 1518277238923.jpg (192 KB, 500x708)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
DARK GREETINGS
>>
>>92543025
They stick him in a corner and hope he doesn't speak up so nobody has to look at him
>>
>>92543037
At least they had crazy hot sith girls.
>>
>>92543037
I would take a Yuuzahn Vong trilogy plot over the dogshit with Snoke and his Imperial knockoff
>>
>>92525481
There's also the part where Vader says "Your skills are complete. Indeed you ARE powerful, as the Emperor foretold." Also, the part where Palpatine said "So be it....Jedi." So yeah, the anon saying Luke wasn't a Jedi is indeed a moron faggot AND a retard.
>>
>>92525668
>He could have just told the Jedi Palpatine was the Sith Lord, and the Republic would be thrown into chaos.
...and you think they would have believed him?

>Then he could actually just win with the CIS and do whatever he wanted.
Palps had the shutdown codes the whole time and Dooku knew it. Did you seriously think he just handed his apprentice an army he couldn't deactivate at a moments notice?
>>
File: frogger.jpg (30 KB, 640x557)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>92537645
>namefag ESL
>>
>>92543495
>esl
fuck you american nato PIG EU is bestter!
>>
>>92512777
Rewatch the movies, first of all. Never hurts. Rogue One can also go in there. Rebels is good for little bits of lore on how the Rebellion found it's groove but might be a little hard to get through in the beginning. It did that thing where it started as a lighthearted and slightly zany kid-oriented show, complete with an orphan with attitude who has a slingshot and a rebellious teenage Mando girl who like to graffiti shit up. Yeah. Once you get to Pryce's magnificent tits, though, it's pretty much smooth sailing. Andor covers much the same period from a very different perspective and is a damn fine show. Of all the non-movie media out there, Andor is probably the best.
>>
>>92543895
>>92512777

Oh, and get Oggdude's Character Generator. You'll have to find the files for it separately, but once you get them you have literally every book at your disposal in one easy-to-reference database. Someone wants a ship that was mentions in some long-forgotten splatbook that hasn't seen a print run in years and is $200 dollars from some eBay cunt and the only scan is smudgier than Chewbacca's ass after an Ewok victory feast? You can look at that shit and not only see all it's stats, you can see what kinds of upgrades he can get on it to try to head off any potential fuckery.
>>
>>92543478
>...and you think they would have believed him?
Considering he has massive amounts of proof, yes.
>Palps had the shutdown codes the whole time and Dooku knew it.
Dooku could just have the codes changed, or even have them turned back on. Anakin had to physically go to where the Separatist council was to put in the codes.
>>
the X-Wing and it's pilots are superior to the Y-Wing
>>
>>92543980
>Considering he has massive amounts of proof, yes.
I think they'd consider he's a traitor to the Jedi and explicitly warring against the Republic a hell of a lot more.
>Dooku could just have the codes changed
Oh yes, I'm sure Palps never took any kind of precautions or anything against that, nope. Completely unprepared and never thinking ahead, that's Palpatine!
>>
>>92544027
Did Dooku even know about the shutdown codes? He's a shitty enough Sith that I could see him knowing about them and just not doing anything because he was still deluding himself that he was going to reform the Jedi Order and the thought that he needed an army that Palps didn't control never crossed his mind. But, I could also see him just...never even knowing it was there, too.
>>
>>92544027
>I think they'd consider he's a traitor to the Jedi and explicitly warring against the Republic a hell of a lot more.
He can literally explain everything Palpatine's done and provide direct evidence of his involvement with the CIS. Just the Jedi getting ahold of Nute's holo-chair was considered a potentially crushing blow to Palpatine's plans that could ruin everything. At a minimum, Dooku could have unleashed absolute disunity within the Republic, and probably swayed thousands of worlds into revolt, and potentially even divide the Jedi Order.
>Oh yes, I'm sure Palps never took any kind of precautions or anything against that, nope.
And what is he supposed to do exactly? We see in both canons, local forces are capable of reactivating droid armies. We know he can't broadcast a shutdown from Coruscant either. Right now you're just telling me that he could surely do something, without even suggesting anything feasible.
>>92544074
If the mooks on the council knew about it, he surely fucking knew about it.
>>
>>92544571
>If the mooks on the council knew about it, he surely fucking knew about it.
Dooku was more retarded than the mooks on the council, tho.
>>
>>92544713
Hey now, Wat Tambor is a high bar.
>>
>We'll bang ok?
>>
>>92544713
>Gunray pleads about Sheev promising them peace as Anakin butchers the whole lot
>somehow Dooku is dumber than these guys
Un-fucking-likely, bud.
>>
>>92545109
I never said they were smart. But at least they didn't know what the Sith were all about, unlike Dooku. He's pretty much the biggest dumbass in all nine movies. Yes, nine. That's how dumb his ass is.
>>
>>92545140
There's only 6 Star Wars movies though.
>>
>>92545198
Nope, nine sadly. The last three were really, really dumb...but still smarter than Dookie.
>>
>>92540421
Depends on where on the Rim you are. Hutt Space is quite civilised in that there are city worlds/moons for example (such as Nar Shaddaa). The Corporate Sector is a bunch of mega-rich areas.

Then you have unknown planets, undiscovered worlds, and so on and so forth.
>>
>>92544956
how many times has young Skywalker basted that orange turkey?
>>
>>92545466
None, he died a virgin in Disney canon.
>>
>>92545554
you must have missed the scene where he was fucking your mom
>>
>>92545595
I'm stating a fact anon. Point out the canon sexual relationship Luke had in Disney if you disagree, I don't mind.
>>
>>92545810
>if it isn't explicitly shown on-screen it didn't happen
I really hate this niggerfaggot attitude, and bizarrely I find it most prevalent among people who prefer the EU rather than the nitwits who prefer the overly cautious Disney lore.
>>
>>92545837
>muh EU boogeyman
And is this boogeyman in the room with you right now anon? Luke is an old school Jedi in Disney. He hasn't had sex, he doesn't have a wife. He is devoted to the Force and being the best Jedi an Old Republic Jedi could be.
>>
>>92545554
I suggest we ignore Disney's raging faggotry.

There are tons of good ideas from teh EU that should have been used, but were thrown away because Disney was attempting a 'let's be idiots and do eveerything wrong' spedrun.
>>
>>92545937
Who's the blondie on the left?
>>
>>92545879
>Luke is an old school Jedi in Disney. He hasn't had sex, he doesn't have a wife.
Shit decisions. Sexless = relationshipless = fucking isolated and nothing but an unattached weirdo monk without familial love.

Luke is fucking alone and weird, Ahsoka is fucking alone and weird, Sabine and Ezra are BOTH Jedi now so they BOTH get to be fucking weirdos, it's all just so boring. Like what the fuck, where is the story supposed to be like 10 years from now? Oh, the Rey era where everyone gets to continue being a gormless retard monk?
>>
>>92545937
Surprised to see Xizor there, or I assume it is Xizor anyway.
>>
>>92545969
Why bother with the Disneyverse at all? The new Filoni slop proved that it doesn't have a single person of relative intelligence working on the projects, so again, why bother? Just enjoy the old stuff and hope in our lifetimes someone with a lick of sense will end up in charge of Disney, and scrap all the post-2015 stuff as the garbage that it is.

And just be glad that we got to experience good, pre-2015 Star Wars and can immortalize that part through our games.
>>
>>92535701
>0.6 class Hyperdrives.
This felt odd to me after years of playing Edge of the Empire. A class 1 hyperdrive is a big deal, a 0.5 is stuff of legends - a campaign end goal. Tens of thousands of capital ship 0.6 hyperdrives cheapened the concept.
>>
>>92545947
No idea, I assume some Jedi who got turned during/after O66.

>>92545992
I think it is.
>>
>>92546264
What was this concept art for anyway?
>>
>>92546165
It was a major thing that Legacy era had class 0.75 for its capital ships, but new stuff has made even higher levels much more common. I suppose it could make sense that hyperspace travel is made more commodified. I only wish that had an actual impact on the setting. If you can take a bus/train from Coruscant (New York) to Tatooine (1880s LA), then Tatooine should be looking more like 1900s or 1910s LA.
>>
>>92546264
>>92546293
Its fan stuff that came out as a result of TCW, pre-Rebels. I do like Ahsoka with the browncoat though, nice Firefly reference, especially that faded CIS symbol.
>>
File: atrt.jpg (163 KB, 1500x2000)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
Just Luke and Vader to go. Since they are commanders I was thinking something more special than tufts on the base but skulls don't really suit star wars.
>>
With the ubiquitous nature of Seperatist battle droids being fucking EVERYWHERE, even deactivated, what would keep merchant shippers and their ilk from picking up a bunch of the old decommissioned ones and reactivating them to crew up cargo ships and haulers? With a bonus that if they did get attacked en route, the droid crew are able to shoot back.

This feels like a huge money-making possibility for businessmen in SW, why don't we see reprogrammed B1 or B2 droids, or other confederacy types, ever again (pirate bands using them like in Jedi Survivor doesn't count, I am talking about repurposing) after the Empire comes in?
>>
>>92545969
>fucking isolated and nothing but an unattached weirdo monk without familial love

I mean, that's canon, it is literally the whole point of TLJ, to deconstruct Luke. Rey is the one who will make it all better.
>>
>>92546750
>why don't we ever
But we absolutely do. You just listed one example, but you also have a bunch of pirate B2s in Resistance, Imperials using Spider Droids as attack dogs in Stormtrooper squad, and you even got a squad of B2s taking on Vong during the Vong War.
>>
>>92546165
Pulsar Skate had an 0.7x hyperdrive in Legends, slightly better than the top of the elite line 0.75x, and Zonama Sekot ships had a ludicrously fast 0.3x or some utter bullshit. The 0.5x is wicked fucking quick, but they were just very delicate and couldn't be mass produced, not some hidden end goal. You needed to get a 0.75x and then modify it, and as a result, if you succeeded, it would be forever finicky in exchange for the speed.
>>
>>92546776
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I don't mean turning them back on and using them as battle droids/weapons again, like those examples. I mean just salvaging them, and then repurposing and reprogramming them to crew cargo haulers or the like in the place of needing to hire a living crew. There are millions and millions and millions of them, they could be used to crew every commercial cargo hauled in the galaxy probably.
>>
File: 20240418_195828.jpg (3.97 MB, 4000x3000)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB JPG
>I'm gonna pretend I don't see that
>>
>>92545937
>>92546042
Yeah, my games more-or-less take place in the EU with all the parts I dislike changed or removed. Don't know why I should bother sticking 100% to any "official continuity" in a TTRPG, a format where you can literally do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>92546797
Oh, well given that a good chunk of the Galaxy suffered under those droids' attacks, it would be a bit like repurposing Reapers in Mass Effect as construction cranes. The end-result of the Clone Wars was ironically a distaste for droids, rather than clones.
>>
>>92546877
>Poor little Mando
Hell, even if Maul doesn't kill him he'll get Force Pushed into the Magnas and stay stuck here all game.
I assume the rest of the Rebels were trying to score points elsewhere.
Also that terrain is pretty baller.
>>
>>92542624
It's such a shame. The game used to be quite big and I remember people enjoying it much.
>>
>>92545969
Cal Kestis isn't alone and weird, he ended up with somebody. So that's one I guess.
>>
>>92546756
TFA is the one that established Luke as depressed and isolated, TLJ was forced to try and run somewhere with it.
>>
>>92547499
TLJ wasn't forced to make him not care about his father's lightsaber or helping anyone out.
Rian Johnson wasn't forced to kill Luke.
Fuck TLJ. Fuck Rian Johnson. Fuck your "subverting expectations"
And FUCK JJ and Kathleen for starting the trilogy and not having its end point written.
>>
>>92547539
>TLJ wasn't forced to make him not care about his father's lightsaber or helping anyone out.
TFA *literally said* he abandoned his friends. And then of course he's absent from the entire fight thereafter, having left them no way to contact him. Without completely retconning that, what was the sequel supposed to do? A bitter, despondent Luke is the only explanation that fits the facts laid out in the first movie.
>>
>>92547562
Yeah, and it's totally logical that the last time we see him in TFA, we see him full of emotion at the sight of Rey and his father's lightsaber to TLJ where he has no emotion and having him shrug and toss it over his shoulder.
Stop trying to make excuses for Rian's complete fucking failure of a story.
>>
>>92547572
>where he has no emotion
Does Luke in the first part of TLJ seem calm and collected, to you? Bros clearly tilted hard.
>>
>>92547366
Believe it or not, he only lost 1 wound, he rolled crazily well on defense. I did manage to keep him in the tar pit with a few magnas though by stacking ridiculous amounts of dodges on them.
>>
>>92547631
Yeah, mandos' red dice are fickle.
I once had Sabine facetank Vader for 3 rounds including his Implacable double activation bullshit and win me the game only to get wrecked by B1s on round 2 in the next game.
>>
>>92547562
>>92547499

you are so fucking stupid holy shit, how can anyone be this dumb
>>
>>92545947
Hethrir
>>
File: V4KqArW.png (3.08 MB, 1688x1354)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB PNG
Was looking for TIE Whisper builds for Xwing and came across a reddit thread discussing something the Fly Better podcast posted?
It's an old post so they're using the TIE Silencer model, but how the fuck can the TIE Whisper maneuver like this?
Are they retarded or is there some upgrade they're using I'm not aware of?
>>
>>92549221
Looks like a boost/roll, then decloak, then dial, then the other of boost/roll. I wouldn't know what upgrades made it possible but it's plausible they're illegal nowadays.
>>
>>92543139
>YWN be an Imperial officer attached to Maladi's mad science unit
>>
File: IMG_3281.jpg (356 KB, 653x888)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
>>
>>92547735
that's why shatterpoint is better
>>
what film or animated source has the best starfighter combat?
>>
>>92550221
Star Wars 1977
>>
>>92550110
>wargame where you don't kill each other
Miss me with that gay shit
>>
File: Clones WIP.jpg (3.44 MB, 4128x3096)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB JPG
>>92550110
I have a few quibbles with Shatterpoint's system, but I've got to admit the minis are more pleasant to paint than Legion's.
>>
>>92550221
ROTJ desu
>>
>>92550687
I think it captures what the heroes feel like a lot more (you also aren't going to get sniped at the start of the game and die for the whole thing) but I do wish the supports were a lil easier to kill
>>
File: ohmygod.jpg (22 KB, 480x640)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>This is the Way
>>
>>92549352
Yeah, that's kinda what I was figuring except it doesn't even have a mod slot to fit a cloaking device. I don't think it's ever had one.
>>
>>92476320
> Imagine Battlestar Galactica, only it's a Mon Calamari cruiser and support fleet and it's being chased not by Cylons, but an Imperial Star Destroyer and ITS support fleet.

I missed this post by two threads and nearly a week, and I still had to reply to say holy shit I fuckin want that shit so bad now
>>
>>92550831
>star wars fans when star wars, one of the largest pop-culture phenomenons in history, has an impact on pop-culture
>>
>>92539094
>Not being useable with other Clone Commandos is bullshit though and I hope AMG realize they are being pants-on-head retarded and fix their unique unit rule before they get released or something.
That really does need clairifying, I had plans to run Delta with Omega Squad with some custom Walon Vau and Kal Skirata units but if you're forced to choose between Delta Squad or running multiple "normal" commando squads then that kinda sucks.
>>
>>92550817
Yeah, primaries and to a lesser extent secondary really feel like Star Wars heroes in their ability to turn the tide of a battle, unlike Legion where forcelet characters need their command cards to feel impactful.
A lot of things feel too tanky but I understand why AMG made it that way. Losing a unit to a bad roll in Legion can feel bad, but it's unlikely unless you play like a retard and you can usually come back from it since it usually turns into a 7-10vs9-11. While losing a Support in Shatterpoint would turn the match into 6 minis vs 8 minis which would spiral out of control very quickly.
The lack of control over which unit plays next outside of the reserve and the Shatterpoint/Wild card or specific character abilities (Luminara and Obi-Wan) can be frustrating.
>>
>>92551426
>The lack of control over which unit plays next outside of the reserve and the Shatterpoint/Wild card or specific character abilities (Luminara and Obi-Wan) can be frustrating.
That's one of the big appeals for me, I like the randomness. Thinking on your feet etc, what I do hate is the dice but that's normal.
>>
>>92543495
>frogposting ESL obsessed faggot
Kek
>>
Is the Sentinel as bad as the Carrack/Lancer/Dreadnaught?
>>
>>92550221
Rouge One.
You may commence the seething.
>>
>>92551946
Yes, the Sentinel is also quite kino.
>>
>>92552144
The Lambda is the Sentinel, but reworked for ESB.
>>
Playing my first FFG game.
Should I just dump literally all my starting XP into characteristics since thats the only time you can increase them?
>>
Asmodee is raising the MAP on all products from 80% to 100% in June. This primarily impacts online retailers, but also some brick and mortars, that were selling product below MSRP before.

Unlimited is not subject to MAP, so it's unaffected, although all the accessories are.
>>
>>92553464
Minor Attracted Person...??
>>
>>92553661
Minimum Advertised Price. Basically you advertise prices for most Asmodee stuff for less than 80% of the MSRP. Going up to 100% soon.

As the name implies, stores can *sell* for below that price, as long as they don't advertise it. Putting a price sticker on a box and tossing it on a clearance table is fine, for example.
>>
>>92524085
General Grevious watched Count Dooku's death via cameras, he knows Obi-Wan got wrecked by him.
>>
>>92524700
>exclusively use it to clone boba fett
Jango Fett
>>
>>92552713
short answer yes, slightly longer answer- across a campaign you'll get enough XP to go down your talent tree to dedication. But at the start pump your characteristics as much as you can
>>
>>92554095
In universe yes, out of universe it's the other way around.
>>
>>92524700
It makes more sense when you realize it was just George ripping off Dune again. Duncan Idaho gets cloned hundreds of times.
>>
>>92525340
Dooku could have done the proper Sith thing and just killed Palpatine when he had the chance.

He had Palpatine held prisoner aboard a ship full of thousands of battle droids. If Dooku had really understood the Sith way, he'd have arranged to have a dozen droidekas roll into the room and gun down Palpy the moment he had him restrained on that chair.
>>
>>92554729
unironically, the more you think about it, the more it makes sense that Dooku actually was a racist and hated the CIS, so wanted to convert over to the Republic/Empire and he needed Palpatine for that
>>
>>92551946
The actual movie version looks good, not that thing.
>>
What are some good worlds for some imperial fuckups who just barely squeaked by in the academy to be stationed on to basically be errand boys for the wealthy elite and the moff during the time between ROTS and ANH, leaning more towards the latter?
>inb4 bumpfag accusations
I'm the guy who was gonna run the game about imperial fuckups that came in asking a month or so back if I recall the time right. Probably running this soon-ish. Party is, as the post implies, barely squeaked by due to semi-competence in some field/nepotism in the academy and they are in a place where they can't fuck up the imperial forces that badly with real combat. Idea is they start off doing odd jobs for rich people to let them get a feel for their characters and place in the empire before I throw some sort of rebel or similar at them that they have to hunt down and capture.
>>
>>92552713
As >>92554097 said, char creation is not the ONLY time you can increase characteristics, but it's certainly the best time to. Look into ways of going into "debt" to get more starting XP like accruing Obligation or the like. In my experience, it's always worth it if you can use it to squeeze out another characteristic point.
>>
File: 1707563015274855.jpg (283 KB, 1780x1040)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>92555683
Lianna. It's Sienar's HQ planet, so you can really hit it off with all those Santhe spice addicts and their latest abominations.
>>
>>92543051

Can you imagine after all that though.
(like the strange recurring dreams where he hands you a lightsaber, you reach out and he bites your hand off)
To running home to your quarters to tell him of a rare plant you had seen on your field trip - and although you both knew that affection for individuals was wrong you could see the care and pride on his face.
>>
>>92543139
I've been tring to use stupid bing designer to get dumb ole Barrss and all it shit's out are Sith girls and weird ass Na'v Sith girls.
Piece of programming garbage if you ask me.
>>
>>92556519
>Na'vi Sith girls
Weird image
>>
>>92544019
I DO like how this was stated.
I think most Y-wing pilots will agree that although the Y has withstood the test of time - there can be improvements. Heck, even the simple expedient of removing the engine cowling and body was a great one.
The idea of increasing mission versatility could also be improved with a mix of turreted and non turreted craft.
We also know the X-wing is a capable bird.
And it's pilots are in a class of their own.
It's just that Y pilots are better.
>>
>>92556498
I think it would be difficult to read such a face
Does he smile upside down?
>>
>>92555683

Most core worlds would fit that description. Carida, anaxes, corulag, most any other academy world would fit. Eriadu if you want them to be enmeshed in imperial "high society" while having them close to hot spots of rebel and criminal activity.
>>
>>92556585
Blind, wallowing pigs, and slow.

Also, A-wing pilots are going to be the best just because you need THE best reflexes and piloting skills to handle that pure speed and maneuverability. The A-wing is designed based on the Jedi interceptors, which relied on the pilot having actual precognitive ability to control it. The A-wing is an even FASTER version of that, it was literally engineered on the basis of the pilot needing to be so good they have the equal to highly trained Jedi reflexes.

If you can handle an A-wing, you're ranked in the best pilots of the galaxy by default.
>>
>>92556894
>which relied on the pilot having actual precognitive ability to control it.
That's a fun way to say "F-117-tier disaster"
>>
I haven't played tabletop before is legion hard to learn?
>>
>>92556961
Depends on how stupid you are, I guess.
>>
>>92556961
It's pretty intuitive IMO. Definitely less of a rules shitfest than 40k.
>>
>>92556713

It's probably around the eyes.
>>
>>92556920
If the pilot is good enough, it isn't a problem. The A-wing is a victim of its own exceptional design. It has the highest ceiling of any starfighter before it and most since it. It also is a triumph of miniaturisation technology, since it has systems like concussion missiles (only fitted to larger ships for size), an entire jamming suite(!), AND hyperdrive (even with a navicomputer too) while being what, 6-8m long? It is a masterclass in technology and for the pilot who has the skill to fly one (and who is smart enough to know and use all its systems to their fullest, so you need to be not just hyper-quick reflexes but an intellectual genius too), it is perfect. But it has one of the highest floors for any pilot who wants to be good enough to handle one. (The TIE Defender is similar, when Vader flew one for the first time in the Thrawn novels he was actually shocked at the speed and responsiveness compared to any other TIE.)

The X-wing and Y-wing follow a design principle of being retard proof. Any old dirt farmer can hop into one and be at least competent in short order, and for a Rebellion that is desperately short on trained pilots at all times, having retard proof starfighters makes it easier to replace losses, while the shields and armour and the rest helps keep those retard pilots surviving long enough to build skill.

In other words, X-wings and Y-wings are training wheels. Actual skill is A-wing, in design of the ship and talent of the pilot, which is why only the best pilots will (or should, anyway) be flying them.
>>
>>92556547
I was going to post but it's far to horrible.
>>
>>92557109
A-wings should be the star-fighters of the Newtype...er New Republic Jedi
>>
>>92557109
>Actual skill is A-wing, in design of the ship and talent of the pilot,
congratulations, you've just invented Japan Air-Force training durring WW2
>>
>>92557163
No, it isn't quite like that, A-wings aren't really mass produced. Or in Legends they weren't, every a-wing was pretty much made for their specific pilot, it was talked about in the Rogue Squadron books with their tech being so advanced. They're more like the small, supersonic jets that test pilots were flying back in the 1950s and 1960s, which is probably part of the A-wing inspiration out of universe.
>>
Redpill me on Shatterpoint. What's the appeal? The scale and prices alone make me hesitant about giving it a chance.
>>
>>92557343
Shit game
Nice models
AMG wasn’t expecting to take over legion, the far superior game.
>>
>>92557343
Has captured the feeling of playing as specific heroes for the most part more than any other TTWG for me, basically a fun Hero vs Hero game that feels like I am in the heckin movies. Core set gives you two full "armies" as well so it ends up being cheaper than most. The main point of contention is the randomness of the game (you draw your squad in a random order) but I like that it is different and adds to the chaotic improvisation of the game. Unlike what a lot of people spout it can co-exist with Legion, I play both
>>
File: vader1.jpg (1.56 MB, 4916x2000)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
Really happy with how this turned out, might have been the most fun I've had painting a mini. Only Commander Luke to go.
>>
>>92557808
Oh and the lightsaber is not as bright/pink in person but still very bright and pink. I wanted it to look like the OT and have some minor OSL as well
>>
File: 20240218_114745.jpg (1000 KB, 3617x1635)
1000 KB
1000 KB JPG
>>92557808
Cool Vader, Anon-kun. Nice n' simple.
Here's a recent project of mine, the bugmen.
>>
File: IMG_8653.jpg (42 KB, 400x441)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_8654.jpg (66 KB, 640x969)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>
>>92558029
>>92558041
Go on
>>
File: IMG_8656.jpg (133 KB, 692x867)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>92558077
>>
>>92558092
Handsome, aristocratic silver fox
>>
File: IMG_8658.jpg (293 KB, 775x1123)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>92558098
>>
>>92558109
Fat cheeks, terrible skin, vacant gaze, downturned eyelids suggest sleepiness and drowsiness, moustache does nothing for his features. Disappointing.
>>
File: IMG_8661.jpg (33 KB, 258x403)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>92558130
Hmm
>>
>>92558077
>>92558092

I was expecting a full body shot of Leia next
>>
>>92558141
Noble visage, note the slightly angular features. Lids under eyes suggest long nights working without rest for the benefit of his crew, probably to appease an unswerving and punishing taskmaster - might indicate sight issues long-term that prevent viewing of dangers until too late. Uniform finely pressed but with just enough rumple to propose use, this is not a man who only dresses well for ceremonial purposes but one who lives and breathes proper discipline within reasonable limits for his crew. A firm, probably pious man.
>>
>>92558109
Looking weirdly like an aged Igor Girkin
>>
How widespread is Bocce as a language in the GFFA? Namely in the Unknown Regions, nothing I can find really says much about it, though other languages do get used like Sy Bisti.
>>
>>92558184
Kind of funny that on command decks of imperial ships captain/commanding officer stands, while rest of the crew are stting, while on Rebel/New Republic ships everyone but captain stands
>>
File: IMG_8662.jpg (109 KB, 562x912)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>92558184
>>
>aaaaaaggghhhh
>>
File: IMG_8663.jpg (34 KB, 780x439)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>
>>92558688
Handsome, charismatic, debonair man. Clearly comes from wealth based on excellent wardrobe choice and knows to make new wealth. A charmer, with a bold moustache and winning smile. Probably favours a good malt scented with the gunpowder of a Colt 45.
>>
>>92558929
>comes from wealth
I never got that impression
>>
File: finna wewuz.png (123 KB, 271x363)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>92558929
>>
>>92558964
Empty gaze. Probably brainwashed, has no real knowledge of what he is or where he's going. Consistently confused, notice the lack of a smile indicating perpetual anger and sulk. Nobody of importance.
>>
>>92558964
Breedable hips
>>
File: MoffMaccaroni.jpg (184 KB, 523x575)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>92558979
>>
File: IMG_8655.jpg (392 KB, 907x1315)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>92558929
>>
>>92556519
Have you tried describing her in non-Star Wars terms? You know "green skinned woman with blue eyes and grey facial tattoos, wearing a black hooded robe" kind of thing?

AI tends to have a hard time getting SW aliens right aside from obvious ones like Twi'leks or Wookies that have tons of art.
>>
>>92554362
out of universe doesn't matter friend.
>>
>>92541129
It's cute, but I don't know how badly the AT-ST head would throw off its balance and weight when moving, and if it being such a massive target wouldn't be a problem
>>
Lando is my favourite of the OT gang
Chewbacca second

I do not care for Luke, Leia or Han
C3-P0 can fuck off, but R2-D2 is cool
>>
>>92559285
weird
>>
>>92559864
>>92559864
>>92559864

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.