[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: El-kARDWkAAZnQ_.jpg (75 KB, 592x647)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Does this work on someone's pee? So you could have someone pee into a flask, cast it on the pee, and then drink it with no consequences? Did I just discover an infinite drink trick?
>>
>>92535737
Yes it works on pee, no that isn't infinite water because you don't lose 100% of your intake through urine. But finding a source of unclean water is trivial so you wont have to rely on your own piss unless you just really love the taste of your own protein saline.
>>
>>92535737
Pee is sterile and non-toxic, so no. purify food and drink does nothing on human urine
>>
>>92535737
Pee is a liquid but not "a drink".
>>
File: C4GzcSoWEAEMdDB.jpg (22 KB, 217x260)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>
File: grylls.jpg (66 KB, 468x520)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>92535737
>May need to use a 1st level slot for this
Nah, better drink my own piss
>>
>>92535787
To be safe I would use the spell on pee from an infected urethra.
>>
>>92535945
Based and martial-pilled.
>>
>>92535737
It depends on whether piss is a 'drink' like >>92535835 said. I'd probably allow it to produce a reduced-volume of drinkable water but that's just me. This might actually be a good thread because it's something I've never thought of before.
>>
>>92535787
Piss contains toxic compounds which also taste bad, it won't kill you right away but the compounds are still toxic and so Purify would probably remove them, probably.
>>
>>92536178
pee is 95% water, the other 5% is an unhealthy level of a bunch of stuff like potassium, chlorine etc. So contrary to what anon say>>92535835 pee is drinkable. I would say is more or less as healthy as coca cola.
>>
>>92536249
It's way healthier than coca cola but that's not the point, modern western society worships poison, D&D is not based on modern western society.
>>
>>92535737
No since piss does not qualify as drink.
>>
>>92536289
why?
>>
What do you get if you cast purify on coca cola? Just water or dyed water?
>>
>>92536194
Not really? Urea and salts arent toxic, they're just metabolites and waste products. They only constitute a poison when they accumulate enough to overwhelm the systems that regulate them, and the spell has no way of knowing what that doseage is since it doesnt even know who will drink the piss, let alone what state they will be in when they drink it. The spell wont de-salt gatorade or soup. It would remove contaminants like precipitated crystals or puss and probably strip heavy metals and extra medications, but it does not create pure water and nothing in the spell implies that it would, just that it would clean your drink which in this case is piss.
>>
>>92535737
If you were to cast this on fugu would it ruin the taste?
>>
>>92537554
Sugarwater, still slightly acidic but not as bad, maybe some trace of caffeine but not as bad. You can probably cast it multiple times to reduce the sugar content.
>>
>>92535737
>Does this work on someone's pee?
If you beg daddy DM to work like that, it does.
>So you could have someone pee into a flask, cast it on the pee, and then drink it with no consequences?
If you beg daddy DM to, you could.
>Did I just discover an infinite drink trick?
Only if your daddy DM is good and you're good.
When your good daddy DM lets you do what you want, make sure to let everyone know it was D&D that did the good thing it gets credit for, and don't mention any bad results that it isn't responsible for, because D&D does what it doesn't do and doesn't do what it doesn't do.
>>
The Pathfinder version would definitely work, the 5e version is a lot more vague and seems to be more about dealing with poisons or sabotage.
>This spell makes spoiled, rotten, diseased, poisonous, or otherwise contaminated food and water pure and suitable for eating and drinking. This spell does not prevent subsequent natural decay or spoilage. Unholy water and similar food and drink of significance is spoiled by purify food and drink, but the spell has no effect on creatures of any type nor upon magic potions. Water weighs about 8 pounds per gallon. One cubic foot of water contains roughly 8 gallons and weighs about 60 pounds.
https://www.aonprd.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Purify%20Food%20and%20Drink
Of course it's a bit moot since in Pathfinder both purify food and drink AND create water are cantrips so you don't need to be drinking your piss anyways since you could just make water on demand.

You can also cast allfood on the dungeon's walls and floors and eat your way through locked paths like a fucking rat in a labyrinth of cheese
https://www.aonprd.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Allfood
>>
>>92537628
Recently I learned that sometimes when women are lactating, they lactate from the armpit, usually as a result of an infection. And it comes out like a kind of pus apparently. So from what you're saying, you could use this spell to make armpit milk safe to drink?
>>
>>92538122
Free of poisons, diseases and contaminants. The spell would not stop someone from trying to kill you for drinking that, and neither would i
>>
>>92538122
I assume that's a throwback to our early ancestors who just sweated out the milk.
>>
File: create or destroy water.jpg (381 KB, 1080x589)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>92535737
Why not just use this?
>>
>>92538347
Because I want to drink pee
>>
>>92535737
What about someone's blood?
>>
>>92535787
It is very much neither of those things, retard. There's bacteria that exist only in kidneys, even.
>>
>>92538347
what if you were expected to drink something, but you think it might be poison?
>>
>>92538122
Oh come on, we don't need to give the [lactation] and [armpit] fags any fuel to unite in their shit taste.
>>
>>92537554
more importantly, purify neutralizes all alcohol (ethanol is technically poison)
>>
>>92540186
Then you would use Purify, but that's not what OP was suggesting. I recommended Create or Destroy Water because OP suggested you could make an "infinite drink trick" with pee. This would involve using a spell slot to purify each time you wanted to drink your own piss. You'd be better off using that spell slot to make clean water that isn't piss, you'd have more of it too.
>>
>>92540276
But what if the piss was poisonous?
>>
>>92535835
>not with that attitude lol
Also British English occasionally uses the term "make water" for pee, so it would seem reasonable that, since water is a drink, and pee is "water", therefore pee is a drink
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AooTNttKEFw
>>
>>92535737
also lets you remove poison and disease from anyone you see as edible
>>
>>92540892
>Also British English occasionally uses the term "make water" for pee
Welshman detected.
>>
Sweden
Yes
>>
>>92540263
Old elven trick to annoy dwarves.
>>
File: 1590647710470.jpg (122 KB, 624x600)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>92547023
>When the elf pranks you by removing the "poison" from your 500 year aged mushroom brandy
>>
>>92535737
It works if the caster thinks pee is a drink (i.e watersports kink), and even then it would still be pee, that would just remove possible toxins and bacteria from it.
>>
File: 1699010263271039.png (393 KB, 563x563)
393 KB
393 KB PNG
>>92535787
>Come by some muddy sea water
>Cast Purify
>The water is still muddy sea water but all the e.coli is gone
>Thanks, cleric
>>
>Flesh to Stone
>Stone to Mud
>Purify Water
>Scoop it up in a cup
>Glug glug
>>
>>92554215
one hell of a communion
>>
>>92535774
>>92535737
It says food and drink you sick fucks. It aplies to stale bread, hard cheese and poison wine. Not bodily waste you degen fucks
>>
>>92556763
If I can put it in my mouth, it's food. Yes, that includes your penis. Do not test me.
>>
>>92556784
Sigh
Nobody is eating penises
Penisae
Penii?
Damn you degenerates
>>
>>92556795
You sure? Have you ever tried to wash your dick?
>>
>>92556795
Yes, Bolivians and Caldo de Cardán don't exist.
>>
>>92556795
laughingmontecookwithbbq.jpg
>>
>>92556795
Laughing-Guo-Li-Zhuang-manager.jpg
>>
It does exactly what it says it does, so if you'd drink pee, it's free of disease and poison.
It doesn't make anything more edible, acceptable, palatable or nutritious. It won't make mud as filling and healthy as mashed potatoes, and pee will still taste like pee.
So yes, you could of keep purifying it so imbibing it doesn't make you sick, though over time you'd have greater and greater concentrations of pee due to water lost in breath and sweat. And just because it doesn't make you sick doesn't mean it's doing anything for you, by the time you are losing more liquid than you can reabsorb.
>>
>>92556795
>Nobody is eating penises
not for lack of trying https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes
>>
>>92558191
Honestly I think it would be really easy to eat a penis when you're giving someone a blow job. Just bite down really hard and the penis comes off, then immediately swallow. The penis is now gone and there's nothing he can do about it. I'm not sure why more guys aren't worried about this happening. I would be scared of getting a blow job if I ever left my house.
>>
>>92558817
>getting a blow job if I ever left my house.

At least i have natural immunity for that...
>>
>>92562597
I'm vaccinated. Can't take any chances.
>>
>>92542307
Indeed.
>"GM, my character is a cannibal"
>"There are consequences for eating people, anon"
>"I've never actually eaten a person, but I see them as food"
>"How do you know you're a cannibal if you've never eaten someone?"
>"Are you attracted to women, GM?"
>"Yes"
>"How do you know if you've never slept with one?"
>"Okay, fine. The wizard is purified of all poison and disease."
>>
>>92535835
If you need to purify food and drinks it's because they stopped being food and drinks.
>>
>>92535737
Can I use this to clean people if my character is a cannibal?
>>
>>92567706
And STD-ridden pussy if you, you know...
>>
>>92568608
That reminds me of the story of the guy who was eating a woman out while he was sucking on a Jolly Rancher, and it was dark and he dropped the Jolly Rancher. Apparently she had gonorrhea because she'd cheated on him, so when he bit down on what he thought was the Jolly Rancher, it was actually one of the gonorrhea pustules and it burst in his mouth. Not sure what happened after that but needless to say he was not happy. Anyway, I guess the point is he should have cast this spell.
>>
Realistically, how far could you go in a game with, "Dungeon master, my character pees on the corpse of my foe," before the DM gets sick of it and tells you that you can't just pee on command and then you have an argument about how it is possible to pee on command at the doctor's office if you need to so you should be able to in game?
>>
>>92568652
Well, since this is D&D, it should logically require a dexterity check.
>>
>>92535737
>Did I just discover an infinite drink trick?
No, because you don't excrete all you drink through the bladder.
>>
File: cell_death.jpg (411 KB, 1181x660)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>92535737
This spell instakills most humanoids and many animals. Blood is unsafe to consume, because it contains lot of iron. Iron poisoning is, besides being euphemism for gettnig shanked, real medical term. Purify F&W will reduces iron content of any bloodstream in area of effect to safe-to-consume levels, which in turn decomposes majority of target's red cells, causing death by circulatory failure.
>>
>>92535737
If your pee has poison and diseases in it, you already have bigger problems.
>>
>>92535835
What is a "drink"?
Is it culturally bound, or universal?
If you change someone's perspective on what a drink is, can you make the spell work differently? If you convince a wizard that this bucket of molten glass is a beverage, would purify drink remove the parts that would be lethal to consume?
Or can you use the spell as a universal litmus for what is a drink?

Can you use the spell for waste disposal? Anything you want gone, just mix it into water, then cast purify drink?
>>
>>92535737
Did you try reading the fucking spell you idiot? Let break it down:
Foreach (object in 5-foot radius){
If (Food || Drink && Mundane) {
Poisonous == False
Diseased == False
}
Else {
Do nothing you idiot.
}
}

Anything that isn't food or drink (rigorously defined as 'solid nutritious material' and 'liquid nutritious material') cannot be a valid target of the spell.

No, being able to eat or swallow something doesn't make it food or drink.
>>
File: glass.png (10 KB, 670x251)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>92571978
>(rigorously defined as 'solid nutritious material' and 'liquid nutritious material')
So plain water is not a drink because it has no nutrients?
>>
>>92572033
I don't know anon, why don't you tell me. Does the nutrient water contain any nutrients? Perhaps water?
>>
>>92571978
>No, being able to eat or swallow something doesn't make it food or drink.
Why not?
>>
>>92572033
>So plain water is not a drink because it has no nutrients?
Water IS a nutrient.
>>
>>92572076
>>92578196
What's nutritious about it?
>>
>>92570806
Could you negate some poisonous animals with it? Like scorpion sting just stings, viper bite is just 2 needle stings.
>>
Hm?
>>
>>92581697
>Could you negate some poisonous animals with it?
yes, but most types of scorpion aren't poisonous, they're venomous
>>
>>92537669
You can't taste the poison. If you could you'd know you'd been poisoned by it. Anyway, farmed fugu is eaten and it's toxin free and the fugu chefs don't like that because it means it's no longer exclusive and prices drop.
It's a weeaboo fantasy to think that your mouth and lips are meant to tingle from traces of poison left in the flesh. Chefs can't just cut a bit of the poison organs open and then drip poison onto the skeletal muscle because there would be no way to regulate dosage to the tissue itself or dosage to the consumer who could eat a lot of the poisoned tissue or a little. If your mouth tingles it means you're falling to autosuggestion or you've been poisoned potentially fatally by a poorly prepared fish.
>>
>>92571978
Which language uses == for assignment?
>>
>>92589342
Not C# that's for sure. I got it backwards. = assigns, == evaluates. In any case it doesn't matter here if it's understood.
>>
>>92586324
E?
>>
>>92535787
>urine is sterile
>just like blood, saliva, mucous, and every other fluid that comes out of the body
Retard.
>>
>>92595999
What are you saying here?
>>
>>92535945
this. would make a cool ritual, but as is it's worthless unless you're running some kind of a survival campaign, but who would do that in fucking D&D.
>>
>>92598369
Or if one of your party members is a cute girl and you have an agreement with her.
>>
>>92535737
When cast, the spell will make spoiled, rotten, poisonous or otherwise contaminated food and/or water pure and suitable for eating and/or drinking. Up to 1 cubic foot of food and/or drink can be thus made suitable for consumption. The reverse of the spell putrefies food and drink, even spoiling holy water. Unholy water is spoiled by purify water. -EGG

It would seem doable.
>>
>>92601629
Additionally Beer, Wine and (presumably) piss have a high enough water content to summon a water elemental using them as a medium.
>>
>>92601656
why not just summon a piss elemental?
>>
>>92535835
any liquid becomes a drink when you intend to drink it
>>
>>92601753
Because piss isn't a classical element, duh.
>>
>>92570806
Funny but no.
The spell is not intended to work that way so it doesn't.
>b-but (example of people drinking blood)
Blood doesn't become "food or drink" until the DM says it does.
I hereby make a ruling that the blood inside a creature is not considered "food or drink" for the purposes of this spell while a pool of blood outside the body may be purified with Purify F&D
>>
>>92558191
> Brandes may already have been too weakened from blood loss to eat any of his own penis.
gee wiz
>>
>>92606793
It really all depends if your DM is a hardass or someone who will appreciate your creativity and play along.
>>
>>92605062
>Because piss isn't a classical element
its a common misundersanding, people often forget there's two biles, and then mistakenly conclude the four homor are phlemg, bile, blood, and urine
>>
>>92570806
>Blood is unsafe to consume, because it contains lot of iron.
It's about the dosage, as paracelsus reminds us.
Purify food and drink is just a portion control spell.
>>
>>92606793
Your houserules are irrelevant outside of your own table.
>>
>>92607236
I'm willing to play along plenty but not with turning a 1st level spell into an instant death spell through semantics. Especially when spells like Finger of Death exist at higher levels.
>>92607364
True but purifying the blood of a living creature and killing them is not the intention of spell.
Many DMs will agree with me and choose not to allow this silliness as long as they're not "lol so random xD" shitDMs
My entire point is that it's up to the DM.
>>
>>92568636
Rookie mistake, shouldve pissed on her snatch first
>>
>>92608170
Does that do anything?
>>
>>92535737
yea

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.