[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: shatteredGorum_2000.png (3.39 MB, 1979x2000)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB PNG
Everybody knows shit's fucked edition

>>IF YOU ARE ASKING A QUESTION, PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH GAME YOU'RE PLAYING<<<

previous thread: >>92503863

/pfg/ (pathfinder 1e) link repository: https://pastebin.com/RSt0rF0T
/p2g/ (pathfinder 2e) link repository: https://pastebin.com/1zySxwm3
/sfg/ (starfinder) link repository: https://pastebin.com/5yp9s2U3
/3eg/ (D&D 3.X) link repository: https://pastebin.com/VMRsxB2m

The T̶r̶o̶v̶e̶ Vault (seed, please!):
bit<dot>ly/2Y1w4Md

TQ: What do you want out of a (for now) hypothetical new edition?
>>
I've been looking at learning pathfinder 2e for a while and I just broached the topic of eventually running pf game to my 5e group and as expected they declined. How far could you guys think I could replace dnd mechanics w pathfinder mechanics, hiding them beneath the mask of homebrew, before they get suspicious?
>>
>>92541340
Where would you even start? LaP?
>>
Amazon leaked what the new versatile heritage is going to be in PC2. Paizo went ahead and started revealing some information about them.
>>
File: file.png (5.44 MB, 2530x2058)
5.44 MB
5.44 MB PNG
>>92541476
forgot to add pic lol
>>
>>92541489
I don't get the meme pic.
>>
>>92541433
the DM Lair youtube channel put out a video just the other day that could work towards your underhanded righteous goals.
>>
>>92541559
I think its meming "Its out of the bag"
>>
>>92541181
an important reminder
>>92526597
>>
>>92541340
If they don't want to play the games you wanna run, don't run for them. Either they'll cave and agree to trying something new, or you'll be better served by finding a new group with less stupid players.
>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zp5L3KeHmc6515CG4bz4FbXgxC4K4206/view

anyone have experience with using this avenger homebrew class? is it overpowered?
>>
cantrips should only cost 1 action after level 5
>>
2e

Which is better? Dread Marshal Fighter or Bard Fighter? It seems to come up a lot looking through the archives with no definitive answer ever reached.
>>
>>92544891
Bard is objectively better if you're going to hit level 8+. Dread Marshal Stance and Inspiring Martial Stance requires a shitty skill check to activate, has a much shorter range, only triggers off critical hits, and in general is just ass compared to Dirge of Doom. The entire reason Paizo added the Marshal archetype is because they realized they fucked up by making two bards or people with bard archetype pretty much always the best option for every party due to how bonuses and penalties work in 2e. A Bard Archetype can take Multifarious Muse and get the FULL benefits of a bard subclass that even a main-class bard would get, this means you can Multifarious into Maestro and be just as good as a regular bard is at buffing/debuffing.

Inspiring Martial Stance is a 10 foot emanation you need to critically succeed to make 20 foot. Inspire Courage is 60 foot and also applies to all damage rolls. Dread Marshal Stance is a 10 foot emanation you need to critically succeed to make 20 foot and only applies Frightened on a critical hit (making it most useless in the fights that matter most...), Dirge is a 30 foot emanation that auto-frightens EVERYBODY inside. You even need to spend two feats just to get the dread/inspiring Marshal Stance anyways so you might as well just grab Multifarious -->Maestro as a bard. Oh and you of course also get cantrips like Shield and Detect Magic AND the ability to use every single spell on the entire Occult list via scrolls and wands. It's just better unless your campaign ends at level 5.
>>
>>92545489
I guess another reason Bard is better is because after the initial +2 dip, you can kind of just dump CHA and start pumping DEX? Whereas Martial has to completley dump DEX and keep pumping CHA to actually use their abilities.
>>
>>92541340
Yeah.
First thing I'd steal is degrees of success and 10 over being critical and 10 under being critical failure.
Next thing I'd steal is to remove AOO from everything that isn't a fighter and introduce flanking.
>>
How is sky king's tomb? I like the idea of a dwarf ap.
>>
>>92541489
Yet another example of pf2e being designed to appeal to people whose only previous TTRPG experience is with D&D5e.
>>
>>92541181
just bring back 1e but with unchained monk and rogue in the core rulebook, feat taxes removed, etc
>>
>>92545876
>Yet another example of pf2e being designed to appeal to people whose only previous TTRPG experience is with D&D5e.
>implying only people who have played 5e want a dragonblood ancestry
>implying Battlezoo: Dragons isn't one of the most well regarded 3pp products I've seen for ancestries

On a related note man, 2e is desperately hoping nobody remembers 4e so they can steal more shit from it to half-assedly port and it's becoming increasingly obvious, huh
>>
>>92545876
5e does not have a "be part-dragon" subrace that any race can take, which is what's happening here.
>>
>>92545850
bad
>>
2e

Trip Reach Fighter vs. Double Slice Fighter? Which one is actually as strong as touted and which one is more whiteroom bullshit?
>>
>>92546209
First one's a good DPR strategy, the other is an excellent controller strategy. Just depends on which you'd prefer.
>>
>>92546027
doesn't have a be part demon subrace that any race can take either
>>
>>92546209
Trip Reach Fighter used to be good before autoprone got removed, now it only really shines when you have other trip reach fighters in your party so you can gangbang an enemy with AoOs trying to get up. But then again relying on save DCs against the really strong enemies is a crapshoot.

Double Slice Fighter deals the most damage and with fatal weapons it gets more mileague out of buffs than most other builds.
>>
>>92546209
reach trip is superior if you have multiple other martials with AoO in your party. enemies standing up eating 3+ MAP-free attacks is the single greatest damage increase possible in 2e.
>>
>>92546209
>>92546869

Double Slice is better for low level fighters (<10), Trip reach is better at higher levels (10+). Crashing Slam and additional AoO are game changers. Also fatal falls off at higher levels scaling-wise.
>>
>>92545894
This, maybe with 3-action economy but with no retarded shit like spells always taking 2 or more actions like it's in 2e.
>>
>>92545936
Why didnt they steal the mechanic that actually fixed adventuring days and out of combat healing. I remember the playtest they were talking about all these retardedly complicated ways so you couldnt spam healing items like resonance and i was called out when i said just use healing surges because it was "too gamey". I still laugh at the irony of those statements to this day.
>>
>>92541181
Of course it was going to be Gorum, the only non basedfag god
>>
2e specifically but it's a more general question. My PCs have managed to get a significant do-over and been sent back in time to try and prevent the campaign going the same way it did last time. They have all of their memories but have been sent back to the first session two years ago.

I know there's a Time Traveller background that lets you give yourself Quickened, but I'm wondering since they're inhabiting their level 1 selves but with all of their memories, how should I handle that? I initially thought "Oh they can keep mental-based skill proficiences and Perception", but then I realised it'd be weird if the Wizard and Druid didn't keep their spells despite still having the mental acuity to use them, but then that fucks the Fighter, Champion and Gunslinger because they'd also have memories of being strong and fast and all that but stuck in mushy level 1 bodies.

The initial intent was for them to be largely unable to change the future, and that events would still unfold largely the same way but ultimately they'd have to return to the Present and double down on being big heroes to save what's left of the world. But on a recent flight I watched Days of Future Past and realised that it's not necessarily wrong for them to see this as a chance to actually fix as much as they can, even if they're only level 1 (for now).

Any suggestions on how to go about this? I really didn't think it through.
>>
>>92547273
I think you should be a level 1 character again fully but you have "future timeline" lore skill and change your background to time traveller.
>>
>>92547273
Make them level 1, but spending a focus point can give you Free Action unrestricted Quickened for d4/whatever-you-think-is-fitting turns. Add Slowed for equal duration afterwards if it's too powerful.
>>
>>92547273
technically speaking, experience is EXPERIENCE
they are experienced if they possess all their memories, technically speaking they should not be level 1
>>
>>92547273
I'd be super lazy and say they get a permanent circumstance bonus to checks so long as they're repeating their past actions in addition to this
>>92547316
>>
>>92547273
let them keep all of their feats but they're level 1
if you're playing with foundry, level downing someone will move their feats into bonus feats, and leveling up again will allocate them where they were before
>>
>>92541181
Since gorum is fucking dead, what's now the "best" diety for Channel Smite regardless of sanctification? Magdh?
>>
>>92547642
Not your personal army, kill yourself
>>
>>92547316
>>92547317
>>92547590
I do like the idea of channelling their future-knowledge and competence to succeed in the past...
>>92547605
This could also be fun though and it'd allow them to keep some of their toys earned from levelling up (if not their loot). A few players expressed interest in respeccing their characters as well.
>>92547350
I agree that their experiences still count, but their bodies have changed over the course of the campaigns. At level 1 the Fighter simply doesn't have a climb speed, she can't jump from wall to wall etc even if she knows that she once could.
>>
>>92547715
Mutual self interest, for anyone who wants to play some pathfinder.
>>
File: Iconic_Mios.png (797 KB, 694x872)
797 KB
797 KB PNG
>skipping leg day ever
>>
>>92548439
>Make the themlet ugly with non-formfitting gear
Based Wayne Reynolds
>>
>>92541181
>What do you want out of a (for now) hypothetical new edition?
There should be much less reliance on gear especially magical items. Complete severance from PFS and ignore organized play style prohibitions when it comes to mechanics. Move away from small maps and melee supremacy. Bring back minion army potential and leave it to GMs to decide whether they can handle it or not. Leave mechanics setting-neutral and save the iconics and all that shit for Golarion books. Bring back races and bloodlines; leave the ancestry-approach in the trash.
There's a lot of improvements I could add, but Paizo's determined to move away from anything resembling 3.5.
>>
>>92541489
>we're trying to move away from d&d stuff
>adds dragonborn with the serial numbers filed off
>>
>>92549515
Pathfinder is to tabletop RPGs what Canada is to countries. It defines itself with the fact that it's not the biggest most dominant one (particularly because it's more progessive and left-wing), but when there are dozens of them that are all different, that's an implicit admission that it's basically the same.
>>
>>92541340
Find new players instead of trying to figure out being a lying idiot
>>
>>92541181
I just want 1e with less minute-to-minute bookkeeping and fewer taxes
>>
>>92549788
As do we all, but ain't happening, would require that Paizo admits that 2e was a mistake.
>>
>>92549837
2e might have 3 more years of continuous support before they begin work on a new edition. If they follow the wotc pattern like they have so far, then 3e will be closer to 1e. I have little faith that it would be good, but I would trust that it would be at least slightly better than 5e D&D
>>
>>92550075
There likely won't be a pf3e unless there's a d&d6e first. paizo very obviously designed pf2e to appeal to 5e players first and pf1e players as a distant afterthought, so for there to be another edition of pathfinder there'd need to be another edition of d&d with a new playerbase to market to.
>>
>>92549837
I just started playing 2e like two weeks ago. What's so bad about it? Qrd?
>>
>>92550717
It's not 1e.
>>
>>92550717
NTA, it's mostly just kind of "fine". It mostly works for its intended purpose (facilitating PFS and running APs, with minimal chance of players totally fucking themselves in chargen compared to 1e), but it's overly conservative with player abilities and bloated with shitty feat selections that are minor to the point if they forgot to pick skill/ancestry feats for a few levels a lot of players probably wouldn't even notice the difference. "CRB Fighter with a reach weapon and sudden charge" is pretty much the peak of what you can do.

It achieves a lot of its balance by just making shit boring. Like, I don't care how "powerful" the action compression of Quick Draw is it was a boring feat in 1e and it's somehow an even more boring feat in 2e now that Swap is just a thing any idiot can do.

The most damning thing to some of the thread weirdos are that it's just a different game from 1e.
>>
>>92550717
It's threatening dnd5e, so hasbro shills just hammer on it as hard as they can.
>>
>>92550986
The biggest threat to DND5e is WotC and the biggest threat to P2e is Paizo
>>
>>92549788
>I just want 1e with less minute-to-minute bookkeeping and fewer taxes
You'd be better off playing with Spheres than 2e if that's your goal. Or unironically something like Mutants and Masterminds which I play on the side.
>>
>>92551083
M&M is kino.
>>
>>92550717
It's fine if you want a "balanced" experience and don't mind not really being able to "color outside the lines" as it were. It's functional, fairly easy to run, and requires considerably less overall prep time in my experience than 1e or 5e D&D.

A supermajority of the flaws come from the overly rigid system math which is necessitated by the system mechanics forcing a hard ceiling on numbers so as not to upset game balance. It feels as though the game was designed like "Is this option or feature balanced?" was the first question the designers asked rather than "Is this option fun, powerful, or unique?"

With a few variant rules it can be a good, sometimes great experience, but I prefer the ocean of content and rules for 1e, even if it makes my job as a GM that much harder.

>>92550986
Is it hasbro shills or 1e schizophrenics? Make up your mind
>>
>>92551207
It can be both, but the resident trolls are very obviously nogames /v/ crossposters, because they can't stop talking about fucking video games.
>>
>>92551207
>don't mind not really being able to "color outside the lines" as it were
is someone standing over you threatening you if you have gear that's supposed to be for higher level or are using actions with check-tax instead of getting a feat that's potentially locked out to a class. Is someone forbidding you from changing the math?
>>
>>92551319
>"Why are you complaining about the way the rules are written? Why don't you just cheat?"
>>
>>92551344
Desu the first rule is that you can break every rule.
>>
>>92545489
Akshully the cool part about Dread Marshal is the bonus dam-
>remember I'm playing in a heavily homebrewed campaign and most groups won't have weapons with 5 dice at level 6
Yeah, nvm, that's pretty fucking bad.

I really don't get abilities that require a skill check just to turn on. Inventor Overdrive is like that too and it kinda sucks.
>>
>>92551406
>weapons with 5 dice at level 6
Do you just double the monsters HP or something?
>>
>>92551319
I was more referring to classes being forced into a niche and not being able to deviate without being irredeemably shit at whatever they want to specialize in that isn't totally within the purview of that class
>>
I haven't played pf2e yet and no one in my local area has moved on from 1e. Some of 2e looks interesting but the settings changes look terrible and a lot of classes/archetypes that are popular around here didn't make it over to 2e.
>>
What feats would I have to homebrew in on Duelist for it to actually be a "sword saint"/"kensai" archetype actually worth a damn? All the bitching people did about Samurai made me realize that, while I don't give a shit about having something called that, I do find the existing duelist archetype kind of ass, to say nothing of how shit Aldori Duelist is.

>level 4 feat that makes interacts to draw/sheathe a weapon not provoke reactions, and gives a stride OR step plus sheath OR draw as a single action
>level 6 feat that's just Fighter's Dual-Handed Assault, with the caveat that it can be used in place of the strike Quick-Draw allows (with the logic that you would be able to use quickdraw to draw a weapon and strike with both hands, and drop your offhand as a free action, anyway)
>>
>>92552078
monk weaponry stance can shoot beams so technically you could use that
>>
>>92551419
I have no idea how the GM is balancing it desu, besides offloading a lot of power off of Level-As-Profeciency and instead onto custom items. I've never played PF2e before this.

I expect that we're going to be hit with more and more mook enemies as the game goes on, and as we get tougher we'll get tougher mooks - GM is running without Level-as-Profeciency specifically to keep basic dudes with guns somewhat relevant.

I sort of prefer it this way, I think. The way Pathfinder has literally all the weapons do a single damage die that only varies by size kinda bugs the simulationist part of my brain; that we can reasonably tell how threatening someone is by analyzing their equipment is a nice tough imo.
>>
>>92552078
I'd probably start mostly from scratch and say sword saint dedication allows you to treat advanced swords as martial for all purposes, and when you gain expert or greater prof with any weapon you also gain it with swords, and at 5th grants sword crit spec.
4th level is quick draw that doesn't have manipulate, and targets are off guard against quick draw strikes. Concentrate on it because I don't like the idea of barbarians using iaido.
6th level is a free action triggered by quick draw to sheathe.

I think if you want DHA just play a fighter. I like this way for being generic but significantly more helpful to katana rogues.
>>
>>92541340
Are all 2e players this socially retarded and inept?
>>
2e

What are some good 1st level Occult spells for Martials with a Caster dedication? Heal? Jump? Bless?
>>
>>92553313
Can't go wrong with sure strike.
>>
>>92553361
Would it not be better just to attack twice? Especially if you have one of those martial abilities that lets you attack multiple times without MAP?
>>
>>92553383
If you're a crit fishing martial I would assume truestrike is better.
>>
>>92553383
depends on your action economy, enemy damage output, your crit rider effects 1 confirmed crit can be better than just trying to hit twice (also shit like aid+whatelse applies only to 1 hit)
>>
Are all means of acquiring the pdfs fucked at the moment? Aspiring dm here. Either gonna run pf2e or DnD5e, whichever works better.
>>
>>92554504
You should look in the sharethread.
>>
>>92554504
You don't really need the PDFs or books to run Pathfinder anyways, everyone just uses AoN
>>
>>92554608
What is AoN? Cursory glance up does not show anything beginning with A. And yeah i just need the basic rulesets and monster manual. We will be running in Mystara, Birthright, and Dragonlance.

Fuck Kenders
>>
>>92554637
https://2e.aonprd.com
It's all the rules in a searchable format.
I honestly wouldn't try to learn the game from AON, it's just useful as a reference.
There's a very very long YT playlist with for pf2e of how it's played.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYCDCUfG0xJb5I-wDIezuDkTfbd8k21Km
>>
>>92554669
Many thanks. I went ahead and got the starter box a while back, and also discovered somehow i wound up with the 5e starter set. Wish me luck, first time running is tomorrow.
>>
File: Toon Template.png (1.16 MB, 1063x1373)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
Evening boys, I'm back with more Vtuber related content. So the streamer this time is a bit different from the "anime girl" style we're used to, and is more of a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" actual cartoon character as part of her lore.

Now, Pathfinder has SOME creatures that kind of fit the bill, Living Runes, Alchemist-created Ink Creatures, etc, but none of them really scratched the itch of what most Toons are capable of. As such, I just straight up created my own template from scratch, as seen here.
>>
From there I just took the baseline of a 15 point buy 3 HD Human commoner, and then applied the template I'd made. Is this a LOT of work for one streamer that's not even a bit tabletop fan? Sure, but I feel like creating the template in and of itself is a worthwhile endeavor if even one person other than me finds it useful in an actual campaign.
>>
File: download.png (1.36 MB, 1127x1600)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
2e. Alright goons, I'm working on a character for Extinction Curse and I have visions of being a guy who does swordtricks like the bare-handed catches and sword juggling and whatnot. A monk feels like an appropriate class to do so with, but what (if anything) would let me bring some of that (mainly the sword catch and disarm) into combat instead of just being a neat RP trick?
>>
>>92556389
Monk is kind of a bad fit for the concept.
Swashbuckler with battledancer is probably what you want; perform in combat, gain panache, use it to deliver a finisher for enhanced damage. Gain a reaction to attempt to disarm attackers that critically miss you.
Then there's the juggler archetype to allow you to juggle more items than you could hold in two hands, as well as grabbing items you successfully disarm or can catch and juggling them.

Now, this works really well in my head with thrown weapons like hatchets or light hammers, but there are no swords with the thrown property to utilize.
You could in theory just *write* a shortsword that exchanges versatile for thrown 20, but that's something the GM would have to okay.
>>
>>92556389
>>92556689
Battledancer is cool but fascinated is such a shit condition to inflict
you get panache at least but yeah, fascinated sucks
>>
>>92556748
it's decent against casters but the fact it goes away completely if you use a hostile action against the target or any of its allies fucking sucks
>>
Have an elemental heart barbarian
Never really uses his energy emanation because action economy isn't fantastic, how broken do you think this is as an invested ring; might turn into a relic that increases in potential as he levels
>Energy Emanation gains the rage trait and can now be used as a reaction when you Critically hit an enemy while raging. In addition, after ending your rage, you regain one use of Energy Emanation.
>>
>>92554504
no, pdfs are fine just look for dates come after the month of Dec22
Between PF2Etools and AoN though you should be sweet, books otherwise only provide the lore
>>
>>92558267
if he's not an elemental barbarian you can give him the elemental explosion feat for free with the item or something for a rage friendly equivalent
>>
>>92558267
Yeah LO:CG is a shoddy pos that I just ban LO material for reasons like this.
I would just in place swap the whole thing to be elemental barbs elemental explosion. Putting it on a random bauble seems unnecessary. The feat sucks, just rewrite it or offer a retrain with a cut rate.
>>
>>92552463
Your DM might be just running D&D next 3e/PF1e conversion document with 2e content and the 3e hp table.
>>
>>92558293
Thank you. Someone needs to update the pastebin.
>>
File: pirate guy one eye.png (847 KB, 850x970)
847 KB
847 KB PNG
>>92552340
You know I think I stared at my post and the first thing I realized was "oh shoot, I forgot to type up something for level 8 or 10 for that, but I suppose I have to figure out whether it should be based on
>extending rune (2 actions to do one melee strike with the weapon with 60 ft reach)
or
>mind smith's Mind Projectiles (30 ft reach 1d6 ranged attacks that gain any runes that would apply from the weapon)

>>92552697
Unique versions of quick draw, like the one in drow shootist, exist, so maybe that direction is better, yea. I wonder if letting you pick a single proficiency for a specific martial or advanced sword, and then the unique quickdraw, is too much?

Offguard on quickdraw feels a little too free, but I'll brainstorm. The free action sheathe feels like a good add onto a "treated as wielding your sword for feat effects or reactions as long as both hands are free, and can draw as part of reactions to strike" feat
>>
1e question
correct me if I'm wrong but with parasite archetype for a familiar you can totally hide your familiar inside you and protect him from almost nay harm, right? sure you have to take that 1d6 con damage but once you get those con back you have no problems
>>
>>92562540
Sure, seems a bit odd, but I suppose if you're trying to sneak the familiar into somewhere, or your gm is the sort to target non-combat familiars for some reason
>>
>>92562540
Sure. Or you can buy a Familiar Satchel instead of being a degenerate
>https://www.aonprd.com/EquipmentMiscDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Familiar%20satchel
>>
>>92562540
If you're that worried about your familiar getting killed there's better options. Tattooed sorcerer and Synergist witch can both have their familiar not be treated as a separate creature while still giving their bonuses and having normal familiar abilities or you can do what the other guy suggested and get one of the many items that provide full-cover (and thus total immunity to most effects) to a familiar
>>
Playing a gunslinger in a 2e kingmaker campaign. I've found I've just had a lot of trouble doing any amount of significant damage to boss or otherwise more difficult enemies because even despite my comparatively improved hit rate, I'm still basically only ever critting on 20s. So I've been weighing my options for ways of being able to still contribute in these situations. One of my options I've been considering is going into eldritch archer so I can just spellstrike them instead, hoping that this will make up for my lack of ability to crit them. Is that a reasonable solution? Or should I trying to search for more bonuses to stack besides just getting them flatfooted, which right now just seems to be more trouble than it is worth.
>>
What are some Double Slice Fighter feat options between Levels 2-10 before you get another Dual Wielding feat worth a damn?

Assume Sudden Charge has already been taken.
>>
>>92564536
the only reason to play gunslinger over fighter is for using Fake Out to give +4 to a Fighter's attacks so he can have an even bigger crit range
>>
>>92565155
If you give the +4 to a fighter who crits on a 15 then you increase their crit chance by +67%.
If you give it to schmuck Mcgee who crits on a 19 you increase their crit chance by +200%.
>>
>>92565513
Okay now add miss to hit conversion into the same calculation. How many 0 damage actions are getting turned into a full hit by the fighter.
>>
>>92564536
No, you're the damage, get the party to buff you.
One of the largest bonuses everyone sleeps on is from aid.
If one of your guys is a fighter and has master attacks, get him to aid on his last action and that's +3 circumstance.
Try to get a status bonus from somewhere, see if you can all recruit Linzi.
You should be absolutely fiending for flat footed through feinting, creating a diversion, or hiding, or having someone else grapple or trip, or from spells.

Combine all of this and you're looking at anywhere from +5 to +7 on attacks.
And then that scales up further when spells like synesthesia and true target become available.

This is why I discourage picking gunslinger, no one wants to play the numbers game to crit fish, when it's necessary to making firearms work; fatal is roughly 4x damage on criticals, so if you just wing it with unprepared strikes you do a fraction of the potential damage.
>>
>>92565547
Miss to hit? Miss me with that shit. I'll give you accuracy instead and say schmuck's % increase is higher.
Surely you understand that by buffing the worse martial your bonus matters more. You increase the value of their actions by a greater percentage. Especially if schmuck is a class that trades accuracy for better crits.
>>
>>92564567
You could try Intimidating Strike.
>>
>>92564567
You just want to get broader rather than taller.
Double slice is good for single enemies, but then feats like swipe and quick reversal are good for dealing with mooks where a double slice might be overkill. Lunge helps out as well.
Twin parry is another option that just makes sense.
Barreling charge is another feat that gets overlooked despite it giving you tumble through on athletics targeting fort, and a strike for two actions. Great option.
>>
>>92567580
Is Twin Parry worth the DPS loss from losing Fatal/Deadly in exchange for Parry?
>>
>>92567843
*DPR excuse me
>>
>>92567843
You don't swap weapons. You take the +1 rather than the +2.
>>
>>92564567
I just get dedications.
>>
whats a good spell to grab as a divine caster with cross blooded evolution?
>>
File: IMG_8653.jpg (4.22 MB, 1920x3072)
4.22 MB
4.22 MB JPG
Friend is running Iron Gods and I decided I want to play Aloy, basically Iron Gods: The Character.

We’re doing 1E, so Ranger with Favored Enemy: Construct? Or is there something else more fitting?
>>
>>92568216
You can pick anything, so just whatever generic good spell that fits the theme of the character.
Angelic bloodline doesn't really need to go outside the divine list and can skip the feat, but demonic would enjoy something thematic like acid grip.
Diabolic might enjoy confusion.
Of course you could be super fucking boring and just get power picks like slow and synesthesia but that's your call.
>>
>>92568287
most monsters will have DR or hardness so early on your damage might not be too good. Also 99% of the weapons you find are going to be techological so only a gunslinger (for the ranged ones) can use them without spending feats

but by being at range your survivability is going to be pretty nice, some stuff can OHK on melee specially on book 2
>>
>>92550558
lol if that were the case then spellcasting wouldn't be absolute dogshit. The amount of 5e players bounce off of 2e because the system is miserable to play a spellcaster in unless you are a turbo autist or support caster enjoyer has been countless. It also doesnt help they went to the subreddit first and were told the the chart says they should be having fun.
>>
>spellcasting wouldn't be absolute dogshit
zzzzzz
come up with new bait
there are more creative chat bots now
>>
>>92570383
>"Pathfinder Second Edition? Isn't that just a poor attempt to mimic the greatness of Dungeons & Dragons? I mean, why settle for second best when you could be playing the game that started it all? Plus, who needs all those confusing rules and bloated character options anyway? Stick with the classics, my friend."
Your bait, sir
>>
>>92569465
>>92570383
Just give them Item bonuses to casting or start them at expert and change their scaling to when skills get bumps. I did the change to scaling and it made the caster players at my table more happy and allowed them to all have alot more diverse spell lists than the usual slow & fear spam :)
>>
>>92570484
>diverse
name an offensive (so scaling matters) spell worth casting that doesn't hand out a status penalty, remove actions, or summon something that's useful and gives off-guard to a martial.
That's my entire spell list. I don't need more spells, the ones I have win combat just fine.
>>
>>92541181
>What do you want out of a (for now) hypothetical new edition?
Backwards compatible with all 1e and 2e content
>>
>>92570673
>summon something that's useful and gives off-guard to a martial.
3 actions and a spell slot just to give a martial FF that they could easily figure outhemselves. This is the 2e castercuck mentality.
>>
>>92571342
>just to
retard-kun...
>>
>>92567503
I don't think Intimidating Strike and Double Slice go together that well. Any enemy you would bother to Fear, you would be better off just attacking twice anyway. It's more for Reach Lockdown builds that already load up the enemy with a bunch of status effects.
>>
>>92571355
I accept your defeat.
>>
>>92571439
retard-kun...
>>
I feel like 2e Casters would be fixed if there were more focus spells that were actually good and all casters had a larger pool of focus spells to pick from
shit that can apply statuses or buffs should be focus spells/cantrips whereas big damage spells should be relegated to slots. It sucks to cast like fear and the enemy crit succeeds meanwhile the fighter demoralizes and crit succeeds for a single action
>>
>>92571521
It may remove some flavour but yes every spellcaster should start with a combat oriented focus spell. A lot of early level focus spells are fucking pointless like this https://2e.aonprd.com/Spells.aspx?ID=604
>>
>>92571521
They did buff some, Fire Ray now for example even if you miss does cantrip damage if the target doesn't move.
There should be some generic focus spells any caster can take. Restricting all of them to the class you picked just means some are way better than others. It means clerics have 50 different options and wizards only have their subclass and nothing else.
>>
>>92571388
Is this really true though? What if the enemy has sky high AC and you want to weaken it with a -1 to everything else for the rest of the party?
>>
>>92571521
The fact they made an entire ass class based around focus cantrips (psychic), instead of making that the core combat of spellcasters is still funny as hell to me. No you do not get variable action casts, no you do not get intuitive and useful focus spells for each caster, yes your out of combat abilities will conflict with your combat abilities despite there being entire categories of feats whose express purpose was supposed to be splitting combat and noncombat utility to avoid overlap.
>>
>>92571694
You would still be better off just Double Slicing even then once you get crit specializations. I guess maybe before then I could see the use case for Intimidating Glare. But that's like... two levels?

You would rather take something that's useful for the whole game like
>>92567580
Suggested. Sweep, Barrel Charge etc.

Or just take dedications. I personally like to pick up the Shield cantrip asap.
>>
>>92571724
*Intimidating Strike
>>
>>92571705
This is what pisses me off the most is they have all the pieces to the puzzle for good but balanced casters in the system already but were too stupid to figure it out. Focus spells should of been each classes bread and butter combat spells they could spam all day, More elaborate instant problem solving or significantly combat altering spells should of been slotted and all the 1+ minute casting spells should of all been rolled into a ritual system that doesnt feel like pulling teeth when you try to interact with it.
>>
>>92571778
Paizo would likely view that very reasonable solution as stepping on the martials' toes. The designers don't play spellcasters and hate anyone who does. It's been like this since the early playtests.
>>
anons, due to a weird one off event, my group's dump stats have been buffed up to more than reasonable levels.1e

Are there any no-brainer options for an Occultist with 20 Charisma to take? I'm sticking to wearing armor for RP reasons, so no monk dip, but I've been dissatisfied with some feats I've taken. So I'm thinking of retraining them to Eldritch Heritage(Arcane) for a familiar/bonded object and a handful of sorcerer spells
>>
>>92571521
Yeah. I've seen a few people realize this recently.
We've had encounter/at will power ramping, and spheres spell points for a generation now.
It's kind of nuts that 2e has a perfectly usable way to implement this by expanding focus points, and the designers slept on it to give us non quadratic vancian and leave focus points in as a vestigial encounter power mechanic.

Was browsing the other website for chuckles the other day and someone posted a thread asking which spells break the game if you could cast them for free.
Every windowlicker immediately typed out BURRHDUR SURE STRIKE when I think 3% of the spell list calls for an attack roll.
Only one or two smart cookies got the answer right with spells like cleanse affliction with the caveat that casting would have to be literally for free to fish for critical counteracts, any resource constraint at all would stymie it.

So why not let a level 5 caster cast sure strike or any other rank 1 spell they have access to for a focus point and expand the focus pool by 3 points.
And then so on and so forth, 2 points for rank 2 at level 7, add six points to the pool, etc.

I'm running it in kingmaker now and its great. Turns out every casters power is concentrated in their top two ranks of slots, and letting them cast stuff under that for (nearly) free breaks nothing. And is a lot more fun.
>>
Does anyone unironically like Golarion?
>>
>>92572079
>Every windowlicker immediately typed out BURRHDUR SURE STRIKE when I think 3% of the spell list calls for an attack roll.
SURE STRIKE AT WILL? YOU MEAN LIKE THAUMATURGE CAN DO AT LEVEL FUCKING NINE WITH TOME?

I hate these fucking people so much
>>
>>92572114
I use the gods because I don't care enough to make my own... also my players are invested in their hatred of gods like Pharasma. But the actual world? Eh, I just fuck off to the middle of nowhere for my adventures, wouldn't be any different if I did any of the other settings out there, just background dressing
>>
>>92572114
I liked 1e golarion for what it was, aka weird kitchensink setting of dangers, instanity, and stuff.
With 2e changes it has become too tamed and boring to bother to play in.
>>
>>92572009
Other than divine protection for the occasional CHA bonus to saves, I'd go with heritage and maybe undead or aberrant. Just seems like a waste with arcane bond stuck at 1st level. The other bloodlines usually have a 3+ CHA bonus per day ability which translates to eight times a day with your new charisma.
>>
>>92572114
It's usable, and I prefer dying earth style oh you encounter a deodand and it pulls your face off fantasy to anything more narrative oriented.
>>
>>92571521
>>92570383
I just started playing 2e, and I've realized that I don't have a lot of spells and sometimes my spells don't work that well. Did I fuck up by playing a caster in this game?
>>
>>92572344
Depends, at what level does the campaign end?
>>
>>92572344
Yes.
>>
>>92572166
Isn't that more like the investigator shit than sure strike?
>>
>>92572344
Yeah it's pretty painful unti you make it out of the noob 1-4 bracket and get a staff and some scrolls.
>>
>>92572377
it is in fact better because Thaumaturge can simply choose not to use the roll from it, which is not something Investigator can do. You just spend an action to pre-roll, and choose whether you use that on your next roll or not.
>>
>>92541181
2e. When it comes to Summon Lesser Servitor as a 1st Level Spell, is it a Level 0 Creature (like a Lemure) or a Level -1 Creature?

Heightening it gives better options, yeah, but it feels weird to just "Skip" Level 0 effectively. I don't know if I'm going insane or it's just written weird.
>>
>>92572344
>I've realized that I don't have a lot of spells
This is what kills me about people who say casters are balanced by utility. Bitch what utility? You only get like three spells per level per day.
>>
>>92572417
It's -1.
So weak lemure haha. Or the animals listed like eagle, guard dog, or raven.
All the summon *thing* spells do that, they skip 0.
>>
You can basically have infinite sure strikes already by picking a staff and charging it with one spell slot. You get like 13 of them at level 9.
People aren't doing that because a max level slow/synesthesia/whatever is better than hitting something for shit damage even with a crit.
>>
>>92572468
Don't tell anyone that clerics can charge a staff with a font slot either.
>>
>>92572460
That's retarded, why bother even using it then at that level?
>>
>>92572489
Maybe you want to summon a raven?
Tbh it's printed in SOM and that books hit or miss enough that I only really play with player core and rage of elements.
>>
>>92570484
and cantrips should only take 1 action
>>
>>92572356
We're at level 2 and we are playing the mammoth lord ap, so I don't really know.
>>92572400
Yeah, there's like a ring or something that stores spells that I want because casting even a single spell hurts rn.
>>92572436
Should I even take mage armor? Because it gives me like +1 ac, but I really can cast only two spells a day. Seems like anything is going to hit me regardless.
>>
>>92572344
yes
>>
>>92563636
>>92564355
Oh no this is not about primarily trying to protect familiar -> parasite but the other way around, I was already picking parasite familiar for background reasons and I was wondering if I could hide it in my body and would follow similar rules to tumor familiar for being target of attacks
>>
>>92572299
Aberrant? hmm the reach on touch spells certainly seems useful, with Exotic Heritage I could grab Warped bloodline instead for a better 1st level power
Undead seems alright? Shaken/Frightened and a fireball that stops everyone from moving for a turn

But adding some sorcerer spells to my occultist's spells known via Improved Eldritch Heritage(Arcane) just seems better overall. And that's ignoring Arcane Bond, which leaves me confused by what you mean by it being stuck at 1st level?
>>
>>92572489
Crawling Hand is useful.
With all summons, you have to remember that they're always going to be terrible unless you stack the deck in their favor.
If you look at Animate Dead and think "how can I use this to do damage" you're doing it wrong.
If you look at it and think, "nice, this can grapple an enemy caster and I still have 2 actions left" it's probably the most valuable use of a spell slot besides Fear.
I run Animate Dead as my signature on all Arcane and Occult spontaneous casters. Rites of Convocation on Resentment Witch is good too. All summoning spells are very situational, but if you pick the right one in the right spot it always feels good.
>>92572344
Most spells are trap options. You are mostly using your other class features, like focus spells, and choosing one good ranked spell per encounter. Knowing your class/spell tradition would make advice much easier.
>>
>>92572669
You are gonna reach level 10 by the end, so you will start to have a reasonable amount of spell slots at something like level 4-5.
Until then it's a pain yes.
>>
>>92572669
Again, knowing what class would help
Mage Armor is something you craft onto an item for regular use, like Longstrider, not something you are using ranked spell slots on.
You get 3 of those. The assumption is you'll have 2-3 encounters per long rest. That means the learning curve of playing a caster is resource management. As you level up, you'll usually have 7 spells slots that do anything useful, offensively. Those will be 3 of the highest rank you can cast, and 4 of the second highest rank. Anything lower will usually fail against things your own level.
As a result, you want to be playing your class first, and a caster second.
Don't be afraid to burn through your focus points. You should mostly be using your Bard music, Hexes, Domain Spells, Strikes, Animal Companion, or Eidolon, depending on which class you are.
>But my class sucks, I have nothing to do but cast spells!
Are you a Charisma caster? You should be using Bon Mot to weaken enemies before using anything that calls for a Will save, Demoralize is worse vs will but better vs everything else.
Wisdom? You can put a point or two in Strength and wear armor without going MAD. This is MUCH better than Mage Armor, you can put all kinds of helpful runes on your armor.
>I'm a wizard and I use INT
Oh, you're fucked. You picked Spell Blending so you can at least get an extra spell from Level 3 onward, right?
>>
Also, I know the trolls won't stop, but let's stop pretending any martials except Fighter, Barbarian, and maybe Thief Rogue matter. I am really worried Champion is going to be worthless.
This game has serious design issues, and they keep releasing new content that pales in comparison to what came before.
>>
>>92572344
Yes, 2e went out of its way to please spiteful martialfags by nerfing casters into the ground.
>>
>>92572114
I don't know anyone who does, this shit about Gorum dying seems weird to me because I can't fathom anyone liking the setting enough to follow a metaplot.
>>
>>92572749
I'm confused: are you taking feats as an occultist, retraining as a sorcerer, or just dipping into sorcerer?
If you're an occultist (wearing armor) with 20 CHA, either go with Divine Protection (if you can meet the prerequisites) or get Eldritch Heritage with whichever bloodline has the most appealing 3+cha per day ability. Remember that Eldritch Heritage requires Skill Focus in the bloodline's skill and only offers the ability as a 1st level sorcerer.
If you're retraining from occultist to sorcerer, then just pick whatever bloodline meets the needs of the campaign (it's hard to go wrong with 20 CHA sorcerer).
If you're considering multiclassing into sorcerer and plan on wearing armor (spell failure will count), then I would recommend bloodrager or an eldritch scion magus for the dip instead.
*This is all assuming you weren't talking about the occultist arcanist archetype. That's another conversation entirely.*
>>
dangerous sorcery should apply to focus spells and its bullshit that it doesnt
>>
>>92573291
NTA, but you are misremembering or conflating Eldritch Heritage with the Arcanist ability.
>Eldritch Heritage
>Select one sorcerer bloodline. You must have Skill focus in the class skill that bloodline grants to a sorcerer at 1st level (for example, Heal for the celestial bloodline). This bloodline cannot be a bloodline you already have. You gain the first-level bloodline power for the selected bloodline. For purposes of using that power, treat your sorcerer level as equal to your character level – 2, even if you have levels in sorcerer. You do not gain any of the other bloodline abilities.
>treat your sorcerer level as equal to your character level – 2
>>
>>92573122
>I am really worried Champion is going to be worthless
but bro you have champion reaction, what else does champion need :^)

/s aside I agree though, Champion IS in a dire spot and leans entirely on having champion reaction, which is not good enough to justify its fucked action economy and how fucking BAD all the legacy features it has are (RIP divine grace and smite evil, you are missed)
>>
>>92573360
Definitely misremembered. Kept adding the 3rd level requirement against -2 penalty and came up with it being locked at level one. Thanks, anon (never hurts to reread).
>>
>>92547715
I will be the personal army, what was the request?
>>
>>92573452
>we got rid of multiclassing, it breaks game balance
based
>we're adding in archetypes, where you swap class features out for another class'
that's the same thing though
Champion isn't a class, it's a pair of feats you take to give Charisma gishes and Fighters that REALLY want to spam Demoralize access to Heavy Armor and Champion's Reaction.
The drawback is either I wait until level 8 to get Champion's Reaction, Lesson of Shadow/Dirge of Doom/Furious Focus/Eidolon's Opportunity.
Is it every class that has a massive power spike at Level 6? It feels like a common theme among the ones I enjoy.
>>
>>92573534
Going back to plebbit
>>
>>92573452
it will be interesting to see how the guardian playtest releasing on the 29th will be better than champion
>>
So, I mentioned the other day that we were going back to strange aeons that we left behind in 2022
I was recheking my char and turns out I have Will 9 as a 6th level char...I'm fucked. If I remember correctly someone told me back then that this AP is snowbally as fuck with Will saves and permanent penalties to it
>>
File: lvl6.png (16 KB, 674x120)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>92573746
Have a great time killing your friends, anon
>>
>>92573746
If you're a full BAB class that isn't monk or paladin that's a pretty good Willpower, But yeah you're beyond fucked.
>>
>>92573813
Well this gives me peace because it is literally impossible to beat that shit no matter what choices I picked once I picked my class
>>
>>92573813
>>92573918
Blue is "literally can only fail on nat1" (against avg challenge) so that's not something you aim for. Orange is 50% chance of success and green is 75%. You do have a good will save bonus but the sheer number of saves is the real issue.
>>
>>92573746
How does this even happen?
Most classes are Expert in Will. Fighter is not, but becomes Expert at Level 3.
You would have to be a Goblin or some other race with a Wisdom flaw, and for whatever stupid reason, not put ANY boosts into Wisdom, which is also your default score governing initiative, Perception checks other than initiative, Medicine (especially Battle Medicine) checks, and various other useful things.
Interestingly Will is probably the hardest save to fuck up. You have to really minmax yourself assbackwards to acheive a 9 Will at level 6, recreating anon's mistakes was actually a challenge, relative to Fortitude, which will typically be a 9 at level 6 for most Elven casters.
>>
>>92574142
Strange Aeons is 1e. It is quite easy to have a will save of 9 or below at level 6, especially with a low will progression class, especially so if the GM is being stingy or the character couldn't spare points for wisdom.
>>
>>92574142
That anon was talking about 1e
>>
>>92574168
>>92574175
Oh, that makes MUCH more sense.
On the bright side, someone in your party should have some Protection or Communal Protection scrolls, so it shouldn't be that big a deal.
>>
>>92571660
Most metamagic should be part of all casters and cost a focus point instead of an extra action
>>
>2E
Should i let a Warpriest swap their base stat from Wis to Str?
Is there anything that gets fucky with a Warpriest comboing with Mauler in Free Archetype?
>>
>>92574446
You should not only let him do that, you should also let him get master in his weapons at 15 instead of fucking 19.
>>
>>92568522
So you think Bow Ranger with a spear or short spear sidearm is good enough? Should I choose a specific archetype for Aloy or is standard, no frills Ranger fine enough?
>>
>>92574446
Post-remaster warpriest is in a good place already now that they don't need charisma for their fonts. As long as your player understands that they aren't a martial, they're a caster that can take hits and occasionally swing their weapon they'll probably be fine without strength to their KAS
>>
>>92571521
This isn't really a fair comparison.
Demoralize is always Frightened 1 or a wasted action, and Charisma isn't the Fighter's best score. It's a one-action and the intended goal is to do something better than attacking at -10
Charisma casters are going to Bon Mot and unless they're targeting a monster with strong Will, the target is Frightened 2 or Frightened 3 and fleeing. You're using all 3 of your actions to cripple a single target, because that's the primary objective of your turn.
Clerics and Witches DO have good focus spells, provided you made your character correctly, see >>92571660
The problem is not a lack of generic focus spells, that's just going to increase the disparity between good casters and shitty ones. The problem is that right now, barring things like Warpriest, focus spells are largely what determines the strength of a caster, because you're really only using a single ranked spell per combat.
Wizard has shit focus spells, and most of their class feats are the same generic metamagic everyone has. Giving everyone metamagic free isn't going to make them playable, it's just going to make their problems even more obvious.
>>
I really liked the shadowsmith (basically a crafting focuses ranger with a few cantrips) class from 3.5e (tome of magic) and was looking to create a build to mimic it somewhat in Pathfinder 2e. I was thinking rogue(thief or eldritch trickster) with trick magic item feat and Magical Crafting. Anyone have any ideas for creating temporary magical items? I guess kineticist with metal element could be flavored into this fairly easily.
>>
>>92574469
1E Ranger is already godmode. Just take all the shooting feats like Manyshot, precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, etc.
>>
>>92574207
and the feat to make metamagic free should be lowered to like 14
>>
am I retarded or is the energy infusion feat mostly bad?
>>
So, brainstorming FF style dark Knight build that's flavorful yet mechanically relevant. Looking for tweaks.

Duskwalker heritage
Champion of Narakaas(or arazni if you're willing to take Human for Natural ambition splinter faith)
Liberator cause for flavor(antipaladin if youre willing to stretch the rules for mechanical flavor)
1. Deity's domain for death domain THP
2. Soulforger Dedication planar pain for negative/unholy/chaotic/spirit damage by hurting yourself
2.5 desperate prayer if free archetype available for mana regen

8 Advanced Deity's domain for pain to reflect damage

The theme is take damage to deal "dark" damage, if possible deal more damage at deaths door but I doubt that's possible

Flavorwise, the concept character either vibes with arazni about using dark powers to kill dark powers, or is down with the pain therapy Narakaas has on the dead. There are some compromises, like using 2 handed weapons instead of shield feats. I also kind of feel like this should be more fiend themed rather than undead like some one hellbent on using demons to reform cheliax, but dark knights wouldn't take on evil edicts and anathemas, just the evil powers they come with.(Nocticula is the fiend version of arazni I guess? Works for flavor, not mechanically)

Anyway anything else I should consider?
>>
>>92572971
I'm playing a Witch and trying to make my familiar very useful by giving him a bunch of abilities!!
>>
>>92546869
>>92546944
Don't crits only have like a 15% chance of happening even with a Fighter? Is it really a good idea to design a whole build around something that only happens 15% of the time?
>>
>>92572114
Not really.The Irissen lore is silly,I‘m not really a fan of firearms in high fantasy and I hate Numeria.If I wanted scifi I would play in an actual scifi setting.
>>
>>92575158
unfortunate
>>
>>92575632
Do you think it would be useful to put my stats in Charisma in order to use Bon Mot?
>>
>>92572114
I find it a fun setting to mess around with and add my own adaptations and spins, but not to use wholesale.
>>
>>92575371
Depends on what you're fighting and how much your party sets each other up for big hits with buffs and debuffs. If you're fighting a group of lower level monsters and they all get frightened and off guard, you might have really good odds at critting with your first attack.
>>
>>92576099
No, your character's strengths are your hexes. Your character's success or failure is mostly choosing good hexes and using them effectively, then using Cackle to maintain them. After that, spells, using your familiar, and ranged attacks, in that order.
>>92575158
You took the plus two abilities feat? Some good options:
Bat 2.0: Echolocation, Fast Movement, Flier is your basic bat. Share Senses is very good, and either Tough or Damage Avoidance (Reflex) to help it stay in range. Very good with Wilding Steward for scouting hidden threats.
Crawling Hand: This one's for The Resentment. Convince the melee who does the most damage/most game knowledge to let your zombified Bongo Bongo hand sit on their shoulder. Lend a Hand is going to help them hit, and they're going to make sure you're always in range for Familiar of Ongoing Misery
Pipefox: Choose two knowledge skills, usually Occultism and something campaign related. Your pet fox can attempt to aid you as a reaction. Slightly less useful, it can climb well, knows an extra language, and talk. But if you really want a talking pet,
Ratatouille: Rat, Speech, Kinspeech, Manual Dexterity, Valet. Everywhere you go, there are rats to talk to. Rats are on seven continents IRL, your GM has to metagame their ass off for there not to be rats for your familiar to talk to and get useful information from. The last two abilities are useful for fishing things out of your backpack and handing them to you or your allies.
Faerie Dragon: Not worth spending more than a single feat on, wait until Level 6 if you're feeling REALLY indulgent. I tried this once, prolonging Stupefied with Familiar of Ongoing Misery was nice but I ended up going back to Crawling Hand.
>>
>>92576272
My party will be a Monk, a Sorcerer and a Ranger with Animal Companion.

I guess I'm a bit confused because a fighter's Weapon Mastery/Weapon Specialization feats seem to lock the class into only being able to use one weapon type. I guess what I'm asking is if locking yourself into picks worth it for something that only happens about 15-20% of the time?

I admit I could be overlooking something.
>>
>>92576276
Got it!! Crawling hand does sound fun, but I really like the Nosoi because it has that cool facinate ability, it can fly, and speak! Do you think he's useful too?
>>
>>92576293
Not at all. And it should be happening more often than that. Between the animal companion and monk enemies should be off-guard to you. What tradition is the Sorcerer? Angelic and Demonic are amazing, Aberration is OK, all 3 have Heroism. The Arcane options are all good, and they have Fear. If nothing else, Demoralize from the Sorcerer is -1 AC.
-2 off-guard, -1 frightened 1, +1 heroism is another 20%, 25% if the enemy is Feared.
40% crit, 40% hit, 20% miss is pretty reliable if your party is cooperating.
>>92576340
Honestly, it's not. Fascinate is worthless, and the resistances won't really matter that much.
Consider the bat? Echolocation, Fast Movement, Flier, Share Senses, and if you want it to talk, take Speech here.
Maybe your character has a cane-shaped staff, with a protrusion the bat can hang from. During exploration, you can send your bat out to use echolocation and explore the area - a bat should NOT arouse suspicion in any caves, ruins, or dark indoor area - and then fly back and report.
In combat, 40 ft fly is great for making sure you're in range to use your patron's special ability every time a hex goes off.
Also, I STRONGLY recommend you use your Level 6 class feat on Greater Lesson - Lesson of Shadows. Malicious Shadow is a strong d10+Int damage every turn. This is one of the rare occasions a caster gets a better source of free damage than Electric Arc, and because it's a hex, your familiar benefits. Also, it fits thematically with the bat.
>>
>>92576411
Imperial bloodline, so that would be an Arcane tradition.

You've laid out a pretty convincing argument. The only other thing I can think to bring up is aren't a lot of enemies resistant to Pierce? Does that not wind up being a problem?
>>
>>92576519
Nah.
Resistances are a flat value and double slice only applies resistance once.
Picks are also the best weapons to deal massive damage to crit immune enemies since crit immunity only stops you from multiplying your damage, the fatal property still takes effect, as does the pick critical specialization.
There are certain enemies where hitting them with piercing makes bad things happen, but you're not meant to be the star player 100% of the time.
When that happens just cope and let the group handle it, it won't be very often.
>>
>>92576572
121 creatures out of 2614 have piercing resistance, not counting resistance to all damage or all physical.
At least 110 of them are skeletons or arboreals (treants).
There are a handful of oozes and after awhile I just decided to tell you to just deal with it if you have to fight skeletons or arboreals.
>>
Meant to reply to >>92576519
Also, I mentioned earlier Bon Mot > Fear.
It sounds boring or repetitive describing it online. "Wow casters suck you spent all 3 actions just to be a Fear bot"
Actually doing it at a table feels amazing when there's something big threat and you as a level 1-4 caster, just send this thing heading for the hills for a turn, and your allies are now beating the shit out of it and critting all over the place because it's -3 to everything, and now it's running away, causing attacks of opportunity, and then those crit because reactions on its turn don't count MAP, and now it's still Fear 2 bleeding profusely and nearly dead, wasting an action to get back in range.
And all of this is because you played a caster.
>>
>>92576411
Sure! That bat does sound pretty fun to play with. Is there somewhere that "precise" sense is described? I saw that scent had "inprecise" sense, so I want to know the difference. Will my bad be able to recognize friend or foe is the big question.
>>
>>92576642
I appreciate that. It's my own fault for listening to reddit about build advice.

"Noooo don't pick piercing weapons, you're going to get cucked constantly!"

When it's less than 4% of the bestiary. I guess if your GM hates you specifically then it would be a problem. But then he'd just have Flying enemies that target Will Saves in every fight so it's a moot point.
>>
>>92576719
>Is there somewhere that "precise" sense is described?
https://2e.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=2405
Archives of Nethys is all copied from official source books. In this case, senses are described on pages 432-433 of the Player Core.
Echolocation is good because you can hear enemies you can't see; maybe they cast Invisibility, maybe they're hidden behind something, or maybe the room is dark and no one has ample Darkvision. The bat can figure out exactly which spaces other creatures are in.
Normally, when you use the Seek action with an imprecise sense, the best you can do is make undetected enemies hidden. You'd become aware of them, you know which space they're in, and you'd have a 50% chance to successfully target them.
With a precise sense, they're revealed to you. So your bat could take the Seek action, and if you're sharing senses, you know EXACTLY where they are. Or, your bat could Seek, and then Point Out using Speech, to tell your party where they are. Witches of the Wilding Steward can use Familiar of Keen Senses to get a free Point Out every time they cast or sustain a hex.
If your GM knows these rules about Hidden and Undetected, and doesn't have enemies march up to your party and politely announce themselves, or stand around waiting to get ambushed like this is Skyrim, this is the second strongest familiar ability. As a GM, I regularly have non-mindless enemies attempt to stealth up to the party and ambush them.
>Will my bad be able to recognize friend or foe
Your bat is a pet that you control. It does what you tell it. In combat, you can spend one of your actions to Command it to perform two actions, such as Stride (Fly 40 feet), Seek, etc. Otherwise, it's assumed to sit still or fly around the last 5ftx5ft square it ended its last turn in.
Usually, using your bat in combat means using Command to have it fly up to 40 feet to get a specific enemy or as many enemies as possible in range, and Aid an ally. Maybe it screeches to help demoralize.
>>
>>92576864
Oh! That's very cool then. Thank you for this write up and helping me navigate the rules!
>>
>>92576864
Maybe use its second action to Point Out an enemy the party can't see. If a player told me their bat familiar was going to attempt to aid a Demoralize check or Create a Diversion by flapping in someone's face or screeching, I'd accept it and tell them to roll for it. I've never had issues with the bat screeching as Aid for an ally's Demoralize check, as a player.
>>92576909
You're welcome!
>>92576777
Trips checked. Their "advice" is generally dubious, since they refuse to accept that the game can be ridiculously flawed and poorly designed, but still be bad. Every thread calling out the horrendous class imbalance and issues with all of the garbage feats and spells gets downvoted. The game is 100% optimizable. If "the math" is really so tight that just means the consequences of picking suboptimal options are that much more impactful.
Build variety does not come from every option being equal. Build variety comes from having multiple methods to achieve a desirable outcome.
When everyone's competing to hand out the same 4 bonuses and maluses (status+, cicumstance+, status-, circumstance-), the classes and features which give out the biggest or most consisten bonuses and maluses are going to be the best, and the classes and features which best take advantage of critical hits will be the best.
>>
>>92576943
>can be ridiculously flawed and poorly designed, but still be bad
meant to say "but still be fun"
the gameplay is fun, it's the math and features that are terrible
>>
>>92576707
>It sounds boring or repetitive describing it online.
That's because it is boring to a lot of people. Being the team's "math fixer" is just a very unrewarding gameplay style for most and this is still an rpg despite its attempt to be a wargame and if my flashy moments are just "i lowered the monsters numbers" then im going to call it a boring non heroic role. You also described a rare occurrence as if it happens every combat when it would barely happen 1 in 10.
>>
Im starting to feel it was a bit of missed opportunity to not have battle standards outside of thaumaturge regalia (an extra reason to hate the class), sure you can larp with a flag on a halberd or stuff but that jives against the fantasy of a banneret with longsword holding out. Especially if you have marshal archetype, and maybe commander.
>>
>>92578349
cavalier
>>
File: 1408909131893.jpg (56 KB, 500x500)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>92576943
>>92576952
> can be ridiculously flawed and poorly designed, but still be bad
gave me a great chuckle anon thanks.
>>
>>92578349
>thaumaturge
one of the worst classes paizo ever put out.
>>
I'm fairly new to pf2e, but is a fighter with a greatsword supposed to be doing like 20 damage on hit? We're level 2 playing AV and our frontliners (the fighter and I, a magus) got striking runes already but even when I manage to get a spellstrike off once in a blue moon I don't get near the amounts of damage that the fighter shits out constantly. Of course, the rogue and the wizard in the party are also extremely puny in comparison. Is this... normal?
>>
Can I cast clairvoyance inside a house my PC hasn't been to? GM said it's not possible because there's a chance the eye would get stuck inside a wall. Rules say it doesn't need line of sight or line of effect. Would've been really useful to scout out the place instead of falling right into the enemy trap desu.
>>
>>92580382
does the fighter have striking as well?
>>
>>92580416
yep
>>
>>92580382
Welcome to the balanced class design of 2e lmao.
>>
>>92580382
Yes.
2d12 is 13. he adds +4 from strength. So about 17 damage a hit.
It gets a bit flatter later when weapon specialization comes into play.

You guys don't have enough healing and will probably tpk to the chain monster.
>>
>>92580382
There's a specific build that can bring the Magus onpar with the Fighter, but that's for later levels. Otherwise yes, it's normal, and you'll probably TPK because if that's the only guy on your team that can put out those kinds of numbers then your party is lacking in DPS.
>>
>>92580421
That'll do it fighters have great crit rates and tend to do high damage anyways. striking is a level 4+ rune so you two are going to be hitting way harder than normal however all his damage comes form his weapon which means he will be strength wise far ahead of you. His 2d12 +4 can easily become 4d12+8. Tell you DM to try not to give out gear higher level than the party Pathfinder 2e is balanced like DOG FUCKING SHIT if you break out of their predefined system.
>>
>>92580383
If 1e, the spell requires being familiar with the area's layout.
If 2e+, the spell (like most 2e spells) is very vague and only lists range as a requirement.
>GM said it's not possible because there's a chance the eye would get stuck inside a wall
That's almost the dumbest thing I've read this morning. Expect an ambush and some railroading.
>>
>>92580484
Nah disagree. Players should rush 200gp for striking weapons asap and it's just permanent rank 1 runic weapon.
Helps smooth out the swingy play at that level.
You can't really rush a flaming rune or greater potency because the gold leap is too great anyway.
>>
>>92580463
Well, hopefully the fighter continues to bring out crits out of his ass and one shotting dudes.
You got a link to that magus build I could look at? Could be good to start looking at that now.
>>
>>92580558
idk it really makes the mages feel even worse than normal when the party melee lads are running around with striking and such at level 2. at that point the party is just healsluts and the big melee lads, mages might as well fuck off.
>>
>>92580596
Don't really care.
Wrong system to be a level 2 diva caster unless you're a cleric.
Get levels or play something else.
>>
File: Action man.jpg (13 KB, 206x220)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>92580570
You take the Psychic dedication to get the Imaginary Weapon focus spell when it becomes available, then Spellstrike with the amped version of it until you run out of focus points. Take the familiar feat or something to max out your focus points at 3. Couple it with Starlit Span (for better action economy) and True Strike.
>>
>>92580612
kek pathfinder 2e is fucking dogshit. no way around it.
>>
>>92580628
Definitely writing this down. Thanks for the tips, friend.
>>
>>92580628
It's not really required to be starlit span in AV because the rooms are tiny enough that dimensional assault puts you on top of the combat anyway.
I've seen AV cleared by a fighter, magus, oracle and an alchemist and the magus was actually heavy armor and strength and using aoo with the trip fighter.
And then he was the one who beat belcorra to death with the lattice because he could fly.
>>
>>92580530
Ty for the clarification, thought I was the crazy one
>>
Designing a relic for one of my PCs, a Magus who loves the Raise A Tome feat, and could do with a second set of eyes - any opinions?

HAND OF THE MAGE-KNIGHT
Unique, Invested, Magical, Relic

1st Level Gift:
This Shfiter Prosthesis can only absorb one-handed weapons with the Free Hand trait, and must be transformed into the weapon at all times. However, it can also absorb a single Tome or Grimoire, and can also function as that item at all times.

5th Level Gift:
The Hand of the Mage-Knight also functions as a single Sleeve of Storage, though it can only store one-handed weapons.

9th Level Gift:
The Hand of the Mage-Knight also functions as a pair of Doubling Rings, copying runes from the weapon attached to the Hand of the Mage-Knight to weapons stored in the Hand of the Mage-Knight. These runes persist when weapons are drawn, until you no longer hold the weapon in question.

13th Level Gift:
The benefits of the 5th and 9th level Gifts advance to being the Greater version of their items.

17th Level Gift:
During your daily preparations, you may select Adamantine, Dawnsilver or Sovreign Steel. Any weapon benefiting from the 9th level Gift of this item gains all benefits of being made of the material in question.
>>
For 2e conditions like sickened and frightened that give you a status penalty to skill checks and DCs, is that to Attacks and AC too?
>>
>>92581212
They both say 'all checks and DCs' so yes, I think so.
>>
>>92581249
Sweet!
>>
>>92581212
Yeah. Attacks are checks. AC is a DC.
>>
I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point seeing all the conversations that have already been had this thread about it but, I'm at my wits end with how useless I feel in the average combat encounter.
Any tips to make a Wizard not want to kill himself in 2e?
>inb4 don't play a wizard
>>
File: matador.jpg (13 KB, 440x248)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>92581359
Use buffs retard.
>>
>>92581459
I probably should've mentioned this on my original post, but I'm a Boundary wizard and also on level 2. I got too lured in by the necromancy spells and now I'm wondering if this entire school is just a noob trap because all these spells kind of blow.
>>
>>92581359
same way a wizard is useful at low level combat in 1e, find the spells that either buff allies or make life inconvenient for an enemy just enough it helps allies. It will not be flashy or feel good, and will depend entirely on what kind of encounters you face whether or not you just end up in magic weapon/runic weapon buffslut hell.
>>
>>92581359
Buffs.
Do your out of combat chores like detect magic and investigate and shit.
Recall knowledge.
>>92581520
Summon a zombie shambler and grapple something with it. I hope you went blender and not substitution.
>>
>>92581212
Sickened and Frightened apply to all checks and DCs, not just skill checks and DCs.

Attack rolls are a type of check, so yes. AC is type of DC so yes. Sickened and frightened affect damn near everything except I guess damage rolls.
>>
>>92581763
Do not summon a zombie shambler. The slowed affects summons too.
>>
black anon here. am I allowed to play pathfinder without any problems from the community on here?
>>
>>92582466
You just need it to grapple, one action.
You can have a 20hp zombie with one action or a fucking 4hp skeleton with two.
Take the damned zombie.
>>
>>92582493
Do you want to be treated like an actual person and be called a retard for asking such a stupid question or as an idol of worship from trannies and ugly white women? If its the latter then go to reddit or the paizo forums.
>>
File: 1703057267979741.png (277 KB, 1721x875)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
>>92582493
no, since you're black and on /tg/ there's a 99.9% chance you're also a weeb which means you're DEEPLY PROBLEMAIC and ORIENTALIST for wanting ninjas and samurai in the Tian Xia book (ignore the part where actual japanese nationals born and raised in japan fucking love ninjas and samurai shit, they don't count because MUH ORIENTALISM), also monks are racist should be removed despite the overwhelming popularity of cultivation shit with domestic Chinese audiences who unironically adore over the top xianxia and literal buddhist monks summoning giant prayer beads they use to smash entire cities to pieces and riding around on clouds like Son Wukong while chanting buddhist sutras to kill demons from hell while taoists fly around on flying swords and tear talismans to strike people with lightning. They also don't count. The billions of people living in asia don't matter, only white hipsters from seattle and san francisco get to determine what's acceptable.
>pic related, the current top ranking page on qidian
>>
>Reptoid race is anti Semitic so they removed it from starfinder
>>
>>92582713
Its also asian americans who arent japanese but still share that same burning hatred of them with their ancestors. I looked through that Mod's Post history and it was nothing but shitting on white people and the Japanese.
>>92582809
It is hilarious how much depiction of the world's folklore about evil greedy creatures always seems to get the Jews upset.
>>
>>92581359
Don't play 2e.
>>
>>92581359
You are basically a buff slut for the first 6 levels of the game. Summons are actually good for the first couple of levels before they start falling behind for whatever fucking reason.
>>
>>92581359
Low level you summon skunks, cast runic weapon and maybe keep a force barrage in reserve to confirm a kill. Electric arc is a perfectly fine source of damage at this level, I don't find arcane casters a horrendously miserable experience when starting out. I don't really like wizards though, especially post-remaster, I'd play a witch or sorc over them in most cases.
>>
Is dual wielding ranger with star knives actually decent? Or no? Flurry and Twin takedown.
>>
>>92582852
>It is hilarious how much depiction of the world's folklore about evil greedy creatures always seems to get the Jews upset.
Starfinder Reptiods were not even depicted greedy moneygrubbers, just your average shapeshifters with everything that being a race able to inflitrate anywhere* kinda implicates.

*well, anywhere where you can be a medium sized humanoid without dark vision and only being able to go outside of you hidey hole for 10 minutes per character level daily
>>
>>92583128
Precisions better to compensate for the small weapon die.
Nothing wrong with starknives on a ranger though.
Just don't neglect strength.
>>
https://2e.aonprd.com/Monsters.aspx?ID=982

Is the Xulgath Thoughtmaw fun to fight? I'm considering placing it as a hidden last boss in my adventure, but I'm not sure if it'll actually be fun to fight considering how much CC it has.
>>
>>92581359
What level are you and what spells did you take?Make sure not to fill your spell slots with situational utility spells, those are much better as scrolls than slots.
>>
How would you price a shadow torch? As an everburning torch but lowers light to dim light?
>>
File: 1563060452141.jpg (160 KB, 1080x1350)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>92585417
For 2e sorry I should have specified.
>>
Rules check here (2e). Excerpt of the rules for Halcyon Spells:

>"You can’t heighten a halcyon spell beyond your maximum spell level of halcyon spell, even if you have higher-level spell slots"

If I'm understanding that right, it means that your "cap" for how high you can heighten spells gained from a halcyon-related archetype is equal to the highest-rank spell you've gained from them? For instance, if you gained a halcyon cantrip and a 1st-rank halcyon spell from Cascade Bearer's Spellcasting (part of the Magaambyan Attendant archetype), you effectively can't heighten that 1st-rank spell, correct? The highest level you can heighten it to is equal to your highest-level halcyon spell, which in this case would be 1. Cantrips are excluded from this since it's specified that they heighten regardless.

I feel like I'm getting tripped up by the wording here, that's the best sense I can make out of it.
>>
I'm playing PF2e for the first time with a mixed bag of party members. 2 of them have never touched d20 games, 1 only has 4e/5e experience, 1 played all the way back with Advanced DnD. We let the new players take first dibs so we have a Leaf Order Druid and Starless Shadow Witch. The 5e baby went with a Mastermind Rogue and is trained in all skills (so high dex and int). And the most experienced of us went with Orc Swashbuckler (Not sure on the build, I assume high dex some cha).
While it doesn't really matter much with 5 players in the party probably, am I right in thinking that high strength Champion/Fighter/Barbarian dipping into Marshal would probably be the best gap fill? The DM isn't allowing free archetypes, guns, or 5 classes (alchemist, gunslinger, kineticist, inventor, thaumaturge) on account of making choices easier for the newbies.
>>
>>92586903
Yeah, something big and tanky will fill out the party!
>>
Did paizo really think the combination weapons would be so fucking overpowered that they decided that they all have to be absolutely fucking atrocious?
>>
>>92586903
champion/fighter/barbarian all fit in fine but remember that swashbuckler is a 10hp class. It can take enough hits that your party doesn't need another really tanky character, though a dedicated tank would still slot in nicely.
And shame on your GM for banning thaumaturge and kineticist, they're a couple of the most fun classes in the system, and kineticist is a lot easier to play than any full caster
>>
Hypothetically, if your DM banned Dual Pick Fighter, what weapons would you "pick" instead?

The Dandpatta seem pretty nice. Agile and +2/3 damage on every strike after the first.
>>
>>92587506
It's advanced and uncommon without a racial trait, but Tamchal Chakram. Agile and Deadly D6 with 2d6 Bleed if you go grievous
Light Hammer because Prone also
>>
>>92583374
greater invisible, flying, 3 walls of force, wis save reducing aura, inflicts frighten, sicken, confuse, slow
just looks like a real pain in the arse to fight if in a cave, especially if it has minions like some deepmouths or advanced/elite stoneliege/gutragers to pour out of some side tunnels while it waits for the walls of force to dissipate
>>
>>92581008
I kinda like it, but it just feels like 3 items that would be picked up as part of standard progression anyway.
17th level isn't especially bad, but colour me whelmed, doubly if im not fighting silver or cold iron weak dudes, or needing to cut through many things
>>
>>92582852
that mod is obviously a white guy who never outgrew his middle school "two bombs weren't enough anime is trash" phase and pretends to be asian so he can get away with it in woke spaces.
>>
>>92587506

Dual sword (Falcata mainhand, Exquisite Sword Cane offhand), which is better than dual pick anyway, since your DPR against the only encounters that matter (PL+3+ enemies) will be higher and you will get max value out of twin parry.
>>
>>92585417
Quest reward/random loot price it higher or lower compared to party level permanent items based on how useful you think it will be for them. :)
>>
>>92588343
getting scaling proficiency in falcata is annoying though since unconventional weaponry doesn't work for it
>>
>>92588685
actually I guess the easiest way is by going Adopted->Tengu Weapon Familiarity, since that gives COMMON advanced swords, which the Falcata is. So dumb there's not a better way to do this, an equivalent to exotic weapon proficiency as a general feat is badly needed
>>
>>92586903
>banning classes because they're harder to play
that's retarded, tell your DM he is retarded and this is not how you learn
>>
>>92588850
Honestly I don't blame him
I have a player who is playing a witch in the game I'm in after warning the new players to avoid that class and some of the other more complicated classes, and now I am basically playing babysitter for them to constantly remind them how their abilities work.
>>
>>92588880
>>92586903

Banning Thaum, Inventor, Kineticist is retarded, if he let's players choose casters, since every single caster is like 3x as complicated as any of those classes.
>>
>>92588887
only reason to ban thaum is to save your player the suffering that is playing one of those pieces of shit.
>>
>>92580596
yeah, i'm sure the casters would be much more satistfied expending their slots to buff the martials with runic weapon instead.
honestly if i were a caster in that situation i wouldn't complain, at least i can do other things and the martials wont bother me for buffs since they already get to feel powerful without expending MY resouces
>>
>>92588892

Thaum is perfectly fine and one of the better designed classes in PF2e (which isn't saying much).
>>
>>92586903
you can pretty much be a fighter regardless of party composition and you'll be fine. since you have already several casters it's pretty much a no brainer
>>92588892
>only reason to ban thaum is to save your player the suffering that is playing one of those pieces of shit.
*inventor
>>
2e
is a manticore a balanced "boss" enemy to throw at a team of 4 level 3 players
they have free archetype, ancestry paragon, and gradual ability boosts so they're a bit stronger than normal level 3s
>>
>>92588892
Are you crazy or just retarded? Thaum is incredible, it's the only class that really makes recall knowledge work and it does incredibly consistent damage
>>
>>92587464
>>92588850
>>92588887
It is what it is. I'm surprised they let the two newest characters play the classes with familiars; also left access to things like Oracle and Summoner when Kineticist looks just as involved.
>>
>>92588938

For an average party, this would be a severe encounter, so generally fine. You have to judge whether your party is average, more optimized or anything but optimized.

Generally, you can use this tool for building your encounters: https://builder.pf2easy.com/
>>
>>92589025
kineticist is simpler that oracle and summoner. gameplay wise, its probably even simpler that martials. you don't even need to look at runes and weapons, literally everything the class does is in its feats
>>
>>92589038
I'll bring it up the next time I see him. Looks like it'd be fun/versatile enough in the party.
>>
>>92587506
I'd probably go with a two hander for the autoprone feats or a different class altogether.
>>
File: file.png (3.94 MB, 1159x1500)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB PNG
for those playing in Golarion where is your character from and how has it affected their character? Also are you playing in 1e or 2e version of Golarion?
>>
PF1e

I had the idea of using a Thark Rifle with Eldritch Archer Magus and Distant Spellstrike to reach out and touch people with rays from a mile out. Is this dumb?
>>
>>92589466
>Is this dumb?
Yes, though only because nobody actually makes mile wide open maps where such capacity would actually be useful. And because as a GM dealing with it would be a fucking pain.
>>
>>92586903
The missing link is something with a ton of hit points, AC and fort to just take punishment and set up flanking.
Any of champ or fighter, and I would probably just play a sword and board redeemer, or liberator since you have two 'rogues'. You don't need to complicate the character with archetypes.
>>
>>92588938
I'd say go for it, but if they want to flee make it easy, just cut to a victory point/skill challenge sequence.
One thing to be wary of, the athletics DC to pull a spike for level 3 is in the very hard bracket. So avoid having the manticore pin them.
>>
>>92587506
If I wanted to play a double slice crit fighter I'd just use falcatas and feat advanced weapons at 6.
Trip reach is better anyway imo.
>>
I Hate that the dragonblooded paizo showed off is tailess, makes it loud and clear this is supposed to be a dragonborn knockoff since they also had that shitty characteristic.
>>
>>92590152
There will probably be a for natural weapons copypasted from nephelim. Or just play a base ancestry with a tail.

Dragonblooded lizardfolk, easy.
>>
>>92582852
>It is hilarious how much depiction of the world's folklore about evil greedy creatures always seems to get the Jews upset.

apparently the shape shifting reptile stuff has always been considered antisemtic. some people were throwing a shit fit over Marvel's Secret Invasion show over the skrulls being antisemetic
>>
>>92541340
Just tell them you found this sweet new 5e homebrew and introduce and replace the mechanics one at a time

5e players will eat it up and won't question homebrew
>>
>>92590521
It was never specifically anti-Semitic, it hilariously enough stems from conan the barbarian and then some nutjob created a conspiracy that all world's elites were actually reptoids. The Jews took this as an attack for some reason.
>>
2e homebrew thought, is representing a double weapon via a unique "agile head dx" trait the way to go? Make it one set of runes on a single weapon, technically worse than two weapons, but you get the option select of being able to make agile attacks with a lower weapon dice?

As an example
>double sword, 1d8 S; 2h; Versatile P, Agile Head d6
>>
>>92590764
NTA but within conspiracy circles the Jews control the world and the lizard people shit have definitely mixed into one. not enough for it to be wide known but enough for it to get out there. ironically enough, erasing reptoid races for anti-semitism will probably bring more attention to those trains of thoughts and conspiracies then if they just left it in
>>
File: GLTiqRxXMAA3MCA[1].jpg (708 KB, 800x1078)
708 KB
708 KB JPG
>>92590803
On a lighter note for an alternate take on a completely different type of Reptoid.
>>
File: GLTjY1AXoAA5onu[1].jpg (608 KB, 800x1078)
608 KB
608 KB JPG
>>92590970
>>
>>92590803
Speaking of conspiracy circles and reptiles and jews I guess, how do you build Alex Jones as an investigator in 2e?
>>
>>92590980
He's actually an enigma muse bard and orates his performances.
>>
>>92591077
I don't think I could see Alex Jones ever even touching magic.
>>
>>92591702
The indomitable human spirit is a form of magic.
>>
>>92591774
No way. The dude has been shitting on wizards and warlocks for like 20 years and talking about demonic magic and goblins just as long. If anything, maybe he would be using counter magic, but I don't know if that can be a proper thing in this system.
>>
>>92591774
>>92591880
>>92590980

He would be a Thaumaturge, permanently making shit up as he goes, inventing bullshit knowledge and weaknesses on his enemies using his overwhelming Cha. Having either -1 or 0 Int. Nothing fits better.
>>
>>92590980
He'd definitely have the Charlatan background no matter what class.
>>
In 1e at least, there's a bard/investigator combo that let's you use Bluff in place of all Int skills as well as Perception, Sense Motive and Disable Device

Empiricist Conspirator Investigator 2/Brazen Deciever Bard using the Pageant of the Peacock masterpiece performance, at least that's the combo I use to max out Bluff
>>
>>92572114
I like some individual part of it (such as Korvosa in Varisia, which was a great place to run a campaign in, in the context of curse of the crimson throne at least); some bit of lore here and there are neat but that's it; as a complete setting it's way too all over the place
>>
>>92591942
>>92592008
>-1 or 0 Int.
Lol okay.
>>
>>92592405

0 Int would be him having 100 IQ, which might be too generous, considering he was retarded enough to get charged for $1.1 bln in Sandy Hook damages.
>>
>>92591942
>>92592008
Charlatan thaumaturge, sounds terrific, but what implements would he use?
>>
File: Alex Jones.png (446 KB, 629x401)
446 KB
446 KB PNG
>>92592550

You could flavour a Megaphone as a Bell replacement with a deagle or baseball bat (Weapon Implement) as his second implement or vice versa.
>>
>>92592510
Does paizo really think that 0 Int is 100 IQ, what the fuck? Source?
>>
>>92593334
he means the int modifier, equivalent to a score of 10. pf2 doesn't use base scores anymore, only modifiers
>>
>>92593334

According to the rules, +0 Int (or 10 Int pre-remaster) is the average human Int, so 100 IQ. This was already the case in PF1e and I believe in previous Dnd versions as well.
>>
>>92593374
>>92593375
That makes sense. So if you have a score of 18, or +4, it's like what, 140? Gigabrain?
>>
>>92592405
Boost charisma instead of int. He's literally a snake oil salesman, all the conspiracy bullshit is about getting people scared, worked up, then slipping in his sales pitches.
>>
>>92593375
Isn't int how much you studied, not how intelligent you are?
>>
>>92593375
Yeah, 2E just doesn't actually have any reason to keep using the raw score on the sheet anymore. Adding a +1 directly as an Attribute Boost is the same as adding +2 to the score then deriving the mod.
>>
>>92593459

Most dragons have higher Int than the average human and only a few of them ever study, which makes sense.
>>
>>92593488
I always assumed they just opened a book out of boredom.
>>
>>92593488
Yeah, but most dragons have also been alive for thousands of years longer than humans. The devil knows more through being old than through being a devil.
>>
>>92593443
>conspiracy bullshit
He's right most of the time. Like the time he predicted 9/11 and Covid.
>>
>>92593652

If by most of the time you mean less than 1% of the time then sure. Or where can I find the gay frogs or jewish space lazers?
>>
>>92593697
He's right about the gay frogs too
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC122794/
You have to remind me when he talked about the Jewish space lasers (lasers doesn't have a z dummy, it's an acronym).
>>
How do you feel about giving pets (familiars) like dogs and cats manual Dexterity? Or do you prefer to keep it only to things like monkeys?
>>
>>92593871
>How do you feel about giving pets (familiars) like dogs and cats manual Dexterity?
Sure, if the player's willing to take the extra time necessary. If mundane pets can open doors, use levers, and operate keypads, then intelligent magical beasts should have no problem.
>Or do you prefer to keep it only to things like monkeys?
The only thing monkeys or any simian can do at my table is rot in the sun.
>>
>>92594162
based, fuck monkeys.
>>
>>92564567
Unless you're playing free archetype I would just get a dedication. If you have battle medicine already then medic dedication is probably best, otherwise acrobat or psychic dedication for the amped shield cantrip are very strong. Medic does depend on what you're planning on at 4th level though as if you pick it you want doctor's visitation asap which may interrupt your w/e 4th level fighter feat you're picking up.
>>
>>92572344
Should've just played Cleric and be able to dump spellslots during every encounter. Cleric + anything to do when not healing is in my opinion the strongest thing you can be doing in this game.
>>
>>92593411
18 INT is 180 IQ all the way back to AD&D. It's a well-known imbalance that it's kind of dumb that having 16 Strength is "guy who lifts a lot" and 18 STR is "maybe an olympic athlete, but only some tasks" while 16 INT is "literally fucking einstein" and 18 INT is "smartest man on the planet".

It's part of the problems of systems treating physical and mental ability scores equivalent. An average 18-25 grown man could get to 14+ strength with like six months of dedicated diet and exercise, meanwhile somebody born with 100 IQ isn't gonna lift textbooks to become Gifted++ and become two and a half standard deviations above average intelligence.
>>
>>92594393
Wrestler warpriest goes insanely hard. Hit the divine dare pantheon or Irori for a d6 free hand strike while also carrying a shield. Trip and combat grab everything to keep foes off guard and wasting actions on standing and escaping while also buffing everyone's attack with bless.
>>
File: 18STR18INT.png (153 KB, 469x742)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>92594394
dunno man, sounds like skill issue
>>
>>92589462
>2e version, from Halgrim, Battlewall, Linnorm Kingdoms
Nea Raikkonnen, Sage Animist, summoning Witness to Ancient Battles.
Has Daemonic Heritage, spawn of Szuriel, and hates White Estrid for not following tradition and killing the Linnorm. Her goal is to become strong enough, slay the Linnorm, and take Estrid's crown, and beyond that, having proven to be worthy of the linnorm kingdoms, break Fafnheir to her will and become a new horseman/apocalypse rider
>>
>>92593652
>Like the time he predicted 9/11 and Covid.
You mean got lucky. It's not like "big surprise terrorist attack might happen" was that out of the ballpark, especially since Al Qaeda were also responsible for the '92 Ryder truck bombing in the basement. And we were pretty much due to be hit by some kind of pandemic eventually.

The reality is that he always gets the cause behind them wrong, though.
>>
who gives a shit about your youtube ecelebs
shut the fuck up you turbo faggots
>>
New thread when?!
>>
>>92588892
Thaumaturge is fantastic and is probably my favourite class
>>
>>92596900
Hold on let me dab on PFS players one last time
>>
>>92596900
3 days from now
>>
what archdevil would a devil follow if they were sent to the material plan to act as an actuary and determine if the location they were at was worth getting involved in?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.