[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Questing_Knight.jpg (296 KB, 1080x1080)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
Questin' Edition

>The Latest Warhammer The Old World News
https://www.warhammer-community.com/https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/14/sunday-preview-darkoath-marauders-old-world-orcs-and-more/

>TOW Official Website and Resources:
https://www.theoldworld.com/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/the-old-world-downloads/

>Resources:
WFB: https://pastebin.com/qVGrgwwh
WFRP: https://pastebin.com/inbyBsR6
Novels: https://pastebin.com/PFqPDr0H
Warhammer Chronicles: https://files (dot) catbox (dot) moe/0xt777 (dot) zip
Time of Legends: https://files (dot) catbox (dot) moe/q46ut6 (dot) zip
ET: https://files (dot) catbox (dot) moe/j7d0t5 (dot) zip
TOW: https://gofile.io/d/ffbanD

>Warhammer Wikis:
https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Alternative Models:
https://pastebin.com/xPeM9szL

>Previous Thread: >>92520602

>TQ:
Is there an army you regret not playing or getting into sooner?
>>
>>92544939
>TQ
Skaven in general. They have so many shenanigans that I can’t help but feel they’d be a blast to play.
>>
>>92544939
KNIGHTS
>>
>>92544939
>Is there an army you regret not playing or getting into sooner?
Chaos Dwarfs because all the resale stuff costs too much.
>>
Best army to run historical samurai minis?
>>
No because this game is gonna flop in the long run. GW scared everyone off with The End Times that didn't transition to AoS.
>>
>>92545137
empire
>>
File: IMG_1137_zpsbtxxs0xj.jpg (186 KB, 1024x764)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>92545137
Probably empire.
Bretonnia is an option too if you want lots of mounted samurai.
Remember to include a level 4 Onmyōji to dispel magic.
>>
>>92545137
Why is the one on the right a Klingon?
>>
>>
>>92545137
High Elves
>>
>>92544939
>Is there an army you regret not playing or getting into sooner?
Orcs.
I put it off for ages and after end times I lost all motivation, outside occasional aos releases like the trolls. But I'm into them hard now and trying to work out how to make nomads wprk.

I still have never played lizards delves or welves.
>>
File: knightly simp.jpg (3.27 MB, 4000x2919)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
What are Questing Knights good at that MKotR aren't? I'm taking them even if they're shit for variety's sake, but they just seem worse.
>>
>TQ
Gnoblar Horde. They were only an army before I even looked into Warhammer.
Other than that, Dwarfs. WFB has my favorite portrayal of Dwarfs in anything. I ended up going with 40k Orkz and Admech because I didn't know anyone who played WFB.
Can't wait until they get released ToW.
>>
>>92545365
Stubborn, wounding T4 stuff on 2s, hitting WS4 stuff on 3s. Strikes last is a rough deal but they should attack before things like trolls and ogres if they can get the charge.
>>
>>92544939
I still wonder how kid me got talked into dwarfs in the day, when I was initially attracted by the chorf bullcentaurs. I just know the models were still around in that store. Aside from that I have "regrets" for every army, or rather certain models I never got.
>>
>>92545301
>There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone!
>He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little Dwarf thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" lesbian Dwarf maiden, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about a fucking ancient war. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic Dwarffag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "KING GOTREK DID NOTHING WRONG." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.
>>
>>92545137
Helves.
>>
>>92545137
>historical
If you want an actual historical army play an actual historical war game. If you want the anime and pop-culture kind of “historical” use High Elves. Skilled infantry and cavalry. Even have that “cleave bullets with their sword” thing down. You could use an allied contingent to represent the unwashed mobs of peasant ashigaru.
>>
>>92545814
You’re trying too hard.
>>
>>92545814
Nah I just thought it was funny.
Glad it rustles your jimmies.
>>
>>92544939
Going to be GMing WFRP 2e for the first time soon. I'd appreciate criticism or suggestions on this hook.
>L'Espadrille du Mahaut
>Fast-paced folk dance popular in the inland part of one of Bretonnia's coastal provinces (I don't know which province would fit this best) that pretty closely resembles IRL step dancing ramped up to 11
>Usually done to popular (and often bawdy) jigs or reels, though one specific tune is associated with the Espadrille more than any other
>Always performed by a woman, who dons special shoes with a metal plate on the sole (which is partially why it's been outlawed on pain of mutilation by the local lord)
>The story goes that a peasant woman named Mahaut was condemned to torture by a cruel lord of old. For her punishment, a pair of iron slippers were fashioned, heated until red-hot, and forcibly placed on her feet. The searing pain (as well as the lord's instruction) made her hop and "dance”.
>Supposedly good luck to perform the dance atop a man-at-arms' shield before he goes to war, peasantry also believes the dance to drive out Chaos
>The real reason Mahaut was tortured was because of her allegiance to the Ruinous Powers (I'm thinking Slaanesh), though this isn't known to peasants outside of the cult
>Cultists often are the best dancers in their village, dancing with spikes and barbs on the inside of the shoes
>>
>>92544939
>TQ
Valley of Lost Carnosaurs and Dogs of War, I guess.
>>
Didn't get an answer last thread, but how tall is the new Tomb Kings Bone Dragon? In inches or centimeters preferably
>>
File: 1713478179272635m.jpg (92 KB, 1024x939)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>92544939
What's with the hate for Army Painter?
The put a new line of stuff out including a starter kit, is it any good?
>>
File: nsdriohsodfhsoe.jpg (119 KB, 642x926)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>92546583
for the average painter they are just fine. Paint snobs will always bitch about everything
>>
>>92544939

>TQ

I wish I'd played Empire during the glory days of early 6th. Tons of character options, fun artillery pieces, interesting tactics, etc. I was playing an awful Bretonnian White Dwarf list and then went off to college so I didn't really get to play around with the army book when that came out.

>>92546583

Their paints were pretty thick and gummy with shitty coverage. The new paints seem to have fixed that based on YouTube reviews.

>>92545137
>>92545236

Very nice miniatures. TFW no one to play Clash of Katanas and Hametsu with.
>>
>>92545365
>>92545643
The thing is even with that a unit of 6 is getting what 3-4 wounds through? Then they're sitting at T3 4+save on the clapback so probably losing 2-3 of them.
I wish they gave QK something extra and made them cost ~30ppm so they were an actual between from KotR to GK. As it stands they're essentially a niche KotR sidegrade.
>>
>>92546722
>>92546742
Is their matt white base primer any good?
>>
Anyone switched from Citadel to Two Thin Coats? I'm thinking of replacing my paints as they run out because I'm tired of the shitty pots and the lids that clog up.
>>
>>92546583
I use paints from their previous range and they are good enough for me. My friend pre-ordered the fanatic paints and at first he said he was disappointed but then after about a week he had changed his mind and told me they were good.
>>
>>92546964
Their starter kit has crazy good value, if you bought 11 paints seperately you would definitely pay more then the cost of the starter kit and it also has a quality brush for fine detail, a model, two metallics, a wash and a paint on primer.
>>
Tables feel cramped at 2k

My beastman opppnent practically went table wide with ungors and gors .
>>
File: 1621280188785.png (2.32 MB, 1920x1080)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB PNG
apparently vermintide 2 has ignored the world exploding in the end times as the karak azgaraz map rerelease has an intro stating "the intervening 7 years", and the earliest they could have gone there was 2523IC (in vermintide 1), meaning its taking place in 2530IC, where the world blew up in 2528IC

can anyone verify?
>>
File: 8pg1ks16j06b1.png (599 KB, 1153x976)
599 KB
599 KB PNG
>>92547256
image of what i mean
>>
File: PXL_20240419_093207206.jpg (1.88 MB, 3072x4080)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
Truly I am cursed. No one will see this big of the cannon once it's on the base, but I felt compelled to fill it in on the off chance it is held up and the hollow underside is seen.
>>
>>92547309
wait is that hollow like that one tanl with no bottom? or is it covered by something you didn't include in the conversion?
>>
>>92547309
prop it up on a rock or something so you can show it off
>>
>>92547267
>>92547256
you would have to ask Matt Ward since he the Vermintide Writing guy
>>
>>92547369
It is hollow. I don't know why had to be such tightasses with plastic that it had to be hollow.
>>
>>92545814
This whole post was gayer than the reddit screencap. Kill yourself, just do it.
>>
are there any after action reports with snotlings?
I wanna see these little retarded niggas in action
>>
File: 20240408_194509.jpg (1.6 MB, 2501x2607)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
Does this look like a good start on a Slaughtermaster?
>>
>>92547508
It's a cool conversion, anon
I assume you're doing chaos Ogres?
>>
>>92547256
There are three timelines for the WHFB settings, two of which do not blow up the world. I believe workshop will retcon things related to the end times moving forward.
>>
File: IMG_5864.jpg (99 KB, 920x950)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Are they fun?
Thinking of using a block in my elf cavalry list
>>
>>92547541
Just have Grimgor heem Archeon, as he should've anyway
>>
>>92546583
Their previous paint runs had serious quality control issues. One person could never get a bad bottle while another might never buy a good one, most people just got hit with inconsistency where randomly one of the colours they bought more of would just be shit for no reason. For a while they also cheaped out in the most Jewish way possible by saving like, literally fractions of a penny per-can by putting a shitty nozzlecap on their spray paints that would clog constantly. If you were lucky enough not to be the one who picked up the sandwich with a dogturd inside instead of ham they were perfectly serviceable, but the people who got the shit sandwiches think they're untrustworthy garbage. Also the whole Speedpaint V1 thing.

That said, by all - reputable, not shilltuber - accounts their newer lines like Fanatic and Speedpaint V2 are, if not *quite* as consistent as Two Thin Coats, AK, or Vallejo, then at least consistent *enough* and of good enough quality that I've seen people unironically recommending them over GW on the basis of them being good quality and not merely being a nopaints dipshit who thinks using supermarket fingerpainting acrylics on miniatures is "totally fine, so who cares if AP aren't great".
>>
File: DSCN3537.jpg (5.04 MB, 4000x3000)
5.04 MB
5.04 MB JPG
>>92545052
I have been playing Skaven for years, and can confirm this. Some games the rolls arent with you and all you have is a bunch of cowardly rats, but sometimes you can make big booms. A few weeks ago I was playing against a friend who was using WoC. He had a Dragon Ogre Shaggoth. I rolled 18 shots for my Ratling Gun and got off like 9 wounds or something. It was glorious, would recommend.
>>
more like Fart Smellves
>>
Well, I don't think that sort of language is necessary.
>>
It was very necessary
>>
File: yIz9RsY.jpg (990 KB, 3705x1950)
990 KB
990 KB JPG
>>92547535
Thanks, man!
The Ogre army is a long running side-project of mine ever since I realised that my love for ogre count-as and unit filler, together with two regiments of Chaos Ogres for my primary army meant I only needed a couple more units to bridge the gap into an entire army of its own. For that reason the army theme is that of band of Maneaters with each unit flavoured with its own theme.
The idea behind the Slaughtermaster is that he would also be able to pull double duty as a Daemon Prince of Nurgle/GUO.
>>
>>92547542
If by "fun" you mean kind of disappointing then yes! 5+sv means they get own zoned by most shooting and have basically 0 staying power
>>
File: hollow.png (916 KB, 855x820)
916 KB
916 KB PNG
>>92547429
why do you think anon?
your case is even worse since it could be filled in the same sprue in the same piece

I swear they would do blowmolds if they could
>>
>>92547687
That’s sad to hear, lions any better?
>>
>>92547660
Damn, these are all really good
What are you using as a tyrant?
>>
>>92547694
I hate this for the sole reason that it could have been filled

GW makes horus heresy tanks with full interior detail for an e closed tank, but cant be bothered to put a bottom plate on a 40k tank?

it just reads "40k players will buy anything so we'll keep cheaping out on shit because it wont affect sales"
>>
>>92547508
this is cool as fuck
but I think ogres have larger feet and hands
he could certainly pass as a slaughter master for rules purposes, but I would play further on the fact he may not be an ogre as much as some other heavily mutated thing
maybe give him a halfling companion instead of a gnoblar
>>
>>92547731
I can understand the reasoning from an engineering standpoint

>engineer: we fit all the tank pieces in 3 tools, theres no space for the bottom and nothing else designed we can include in a fourth one
>exec: no bottom? nobody looks at the bottom
>eng: but we could put it in some other tool with some other product
>exec: impossible!, ship it like that
>???
>*absolutely predictable customer reactions*
>*pigs defending gw because yes*
>bonus: small studio produces a hard plastic tank and highlights that it has a bottom side as a joke
>>
>>92547784
it wouldn't be nearly as bad if the tank didn't come in LESS sprues than other similarly priced products from GW
>>
File: h0srfdho5tda1.jpg (1.41 MB, 3024x4032)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>92547784
>GW
>hold my beer
>releases this
>>
>>92547813
>but we managed to fit it in just THREE!
won't somebody pls think of the shareholders?
>>
File: 3z1o6iq0hlu61.jpg (102 KB, 1500x1087)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
I am looking for ways by which I might procure 10-20 blunderbusses for my bretonnian exiles brigands.

Anyone know a company that does STL's that would fit on men at arms bodies? I have searched a variety of sites without success
>>
File: heSfKL5.jpg (1.05 MB, 4160x3120)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>92547727
Thanks again. Currently I have no plan for a tyrant but knowing myself I wouldn't be surprised if I eventually get to making one.
Thus far the army consists of the following (mostly unfinished units):
>Slaughtermaster
Daemonic Nurgle-themed.
>Ironguts
Nurgle-themed.
>A second unit of Ironguts
Nurgle landsknecht-themed
>Leadbelchers
Count as Spear Chukkas.
>Leadbelchers
Count as Dwarf artillery.
>Pistol-wielding Maneaters
Pirate-themed
>Sabretusk Pack
Unthemed as of yet but I might give them fun hats so that they won't feel left out.
Arguably I could also claim to have a unit of Ogre Bulls.
I also have plans to make a possibly gladiator-themed BSB, a fire wizard-themed Firebelly and a count-as hellcannon/Cygor? mounted Hunter. I'm also been considering doing a a couple of Slayer themed "Gorgers".
>>92547734
Thanks, broham!
>but I think ogres have larger feet and hands
IIRC the feet and little hand was roughly on par with normal ogre sizes. However since you intrigued me with this question I'll definitely check it out when I get back this evening and perhaps drop a picturw of my finding.
>but I would play further on the fact he may not be an ogre as much as some other heavily mutated thing
A very interesting suggestion even though I'm going to stick with my idea of him being an ogre on the verge of daemonic ascension.
>maybe give him a halfling companion
Now that's an excellent idea! Certainly plays into the idea of him being a quasi-daemonic chef.
>>
>>92547731
What really gets me is that the tracks are also all fucked up and hollow as well.
>>
can someone tell me on which page I can find the rule that says that a unit needs a double 1 to stop fleeing when under a certain unit strength?
>>
>>92547989
Pg 117 Insurmountable Losses
>>
>>92547710
Idk, maybe if the lions were Ap1 or 2, but right now they are a little meh. Better than trionic mind. They are fine in casual, I've finished off a bone giant before, but no where near comp
>>
>>92547731
>>92547942
I think it was probably because they shipped these out in the army boxes so cheaped out on the sprues and maybe wanted space saved on limited sprue room. It's like how the first sisters kits were fairly basic with zero posing or the new ork boyz in the army box with no options.
>>
>>92547784
>>92547942
>>92548021
also want to add that the new plastic malcador mogs the ever living fuck out of it

it looks tiny compared to the malcador
its just a "new product that 40k fans will buy"
we couldve had a plastic macharius (of which the macharius makes the dorn completely invalid because it fills the same role and has existed for ages) but no, GW just HAD to make something "new"
>>
>>92548013
That’s fine anon thanks for the advice, don’t need to be competitive for me I just wanted to know how fucked I am
>>
File: wgacon.jpg (108 KB, 583x448)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>92547831
Best I've found is pic rel with MaA/armoured Bowmen heads.
>>
>>92548174
It's not really surprising, the Forge World team may be a shadow of its former self compared to the Imperial Armour glory days but if there's one thing they know how to do it's make a proper model tank.
>>
File: Stabbastabbastabba.jpg (176 KB, 918x948)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
Are there any night goblin enthusiasts here that have experience with the newer kits from AoS in formation? The kit GW wants to release for TOW looks okay, but they don't really fit with the bosses and shamans.

My only big concern is whether they come with the option for a banner or only got the big moon stick, but worst case scenario I can figure out a replacement.
>>
>>92548392
I only had to scroll further down to see an example of a gob with a banner, my bad.
>>
>>92548004
thanks!
>>
File: YWS7cSbUQpryPsek.jpg (193 KB, 1000x914)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/19/of-bones-and-barons-the-warhammer-studio-shows-off-their-tomb-kings-and-bretonnians/
>>
>>92548448
>everyone painted their bretonnia in all different colours
>yet GW promoted them with a mono scheme
Lazy cunts
>>
>>92545979
I love incorporating step dancing and the story that is told is a fantastic mirror of real folklore. Excellent work.
Your plot suffers a little from being exactly what someone expects from Warhammer, which will let the players speedrun it.
>the newly described ritual is actually Chaos, Mahaut was actually bad, and it's Slaanesh because it's a dance.
I'd recommend changing things up in ways players won't be able to expect, and that play a little more into the folklore themes.
What if Mahaut was striking at a chaos cult and her dance was actually purifying? Players will write off the local lord's (and descendants') actions as normal Bretonnia misogyny, and I'm sure they will do their best to imply there was something corrupt about Mahaut. Doesn't dance sound like Slannesh?
He last burning dance was still against the cult, unfinished but enough to slow them down and bind their work until the players arrive. I like the idea it's a Khorne cult. There is a touch of real folklore to the idea that her sacrifice stopped the brutal god of war.
If you want to be a particularly nasty GM, one of the players needs to complete her last dance, wearing the burning relics and all.
If you don't go this direction, I'm glad I thought about it, because I think I will run this for my group.
>>
File: End Times series.jpg (1.2 MB, 2322x2000)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
I'm completely clueless about the Fantasy setting, but I'd like to know more; beginning perhaps with the End Times series - since it seems like such a famous collection of events.
Where should I start?
>>
>>92547256
Vermintide 2 has a theme of time being broken, and events not playing out. They have regularly had to reconfirm they are adhering to canon and are checked by GW. So I dunno. Could be a mistake, could just be some End Times weirdness, and perhaps unlikely could be something leading toward a retcon. People have pointed out for awhile that Vermintide 2 extends beyond when the world should be destroyed.
>>
>>92548448
It's impressive how much better these look when someone other than whoever does the promo images does it.
>>
File: IMG_5865.jpg (1.35 MB, 1095x1706)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>92548583
Assuming you’re talking about the brets
>>
>>92548174
gonna be hilarious when they drop mechanicum for HH, the 40k mechanicus exodus is going to be insane. Not sure how much crossover the team has with TOW, given what we know thus far presumably none at all.
>>
>>92544939
I wish I had a few different armies. O&G, Lizardmen, and Chaos Daemons. I have a few minis for each of them but am probably building O&G next.
>>
>>92548523
If this is a post in good faith, start reading with Gotrek and Felix or the Vampire Genevieve. Those are readily available at a fair price and are some of the best novels in the range (often genuinely excellent fantasy). Apart from Josh Reynolds' contributions, the End Times are dire, rushed, unsatisfying, and make very little sense in context.
>>
>>92548675
Unless you’re properly dedicated to fantasy the model count is too high to have multiple armies painted
>>
>>92548523
>but I'd like to know more; beginning perhaps with the End Times series
It's such an awful bait that I feel foul taste in my mouth just reading it
>>
File: legendminomain.jpg (236 KB, 1024x576)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
anyone bought/seen these guys? Thinking of picking them up in the absense of GW models.
>>
>>92548620
WE
>>
>>92548523
ignore the end times series, read the fluff section of rulebooks instead
>>
>>92548696
I can paint quickly, but my main army is a bit boring because it was painted quickly and doesn't have much in the way of conversions. Also a matter of trying to downsize the pile of shame before I buy more minis.
>>
>>92547233
I don't know what to tell you anon. There's no way to fix that. I'm sorry anon, but you should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>92546851
Dang, i cant say. Ive only used their grey primer and its good
>>
>>92548523
problem with fantasy is, there is no story besides end times. the setting was completly stagnated.
>>
File: IMG_4364.jpg (446 KB, 1042x434)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
>>92548392
Anon, this night goblin kit was around back in WFB days.
>>
>>92548890
It's way cheaper them every other brand of spray primer so I'm thinking about getting it cause it's like 13 bucks for 400ml here. Compared to that AK is 8 bucks for 150ml
>>
File: vrzdcfiwrnac1.jpg (145 KB, 736x1055)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>92548523
From my own personal experience, the Malus Darkblade and Bretonnian Knight books have been great reads. Granted, those are the two factions I play so I'm biased but I think they're solid. Don't bother with End Times.
>>
File: IMG_4237.jpg (168 KB, 747x1077)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
i like warhammer but holy FUCKKKKKK its expensive i need to finish my night goblin army, and buy base adapters and i also want to make a vc army at the same time and buy random old minis to paint for fun but i also have to pay bills and stuff
>>
How would you model Yeoman guard (from the bret exiles list) to indicate that they're a cut above the regular peasant troops?
>>
>>92548948
Pay your bills first retard, there's no point spending faster than you can assemble and paint
>>
File: IMG_4271.jpg (374 KB, 1023x717)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
>>92548912
are you stupid? its a setting full of stories you retard. ripe for your own stories even
>>
>>92548912
It's not meant to be a story

It's a sandbox to use to make your own stories, not a TV series handed to you to consume
>>
File: 1687877321418810.jpg (28 KB, 651x655)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>92548970
Been wondering this as well. Not sure how you can depict +1WS compared to a normal MAA on the tabletop.
>>
>>92548912
Ten years later, retards still spout the same retardations they did back then
If I want a story, i buy a book, not play a wargame
>>
>>92548970
Aren’t they a cut above just because they have horses? Look at perrys war of the roses stuff and model them with unarmoured horses
>>
File: 1620655893335.png (1.18 MB, 1000x1054)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>Vamps/Tomb Kangz are tempting me

could a silver pinnacle themed list be a good idea?
VC rules with units having more of a TK flair to them
something like a VLoZD actually being the bone dragon, with a Lhamian vampire riding it on a custom mount/saddle
>>
>>92548970
Use pistoliers with some men at arms bits. Resuse pistolier bits to make brigands.
>>
>>92548742
I have not. I got their trolls though, and I like them.
>>
>>92549020
You can still have a story that explores the setting of the IP in a manner that isn't retroactive as a whole. There was so much stuff left unexplored before, well ya know.
Any new developments for the setting seems to be stuff that's to be ignored however, which is sad.
>>
>TQ
Bretonnian Exiles because that was my second choice when starting and I'm really regretting choosing WoC since the stuff I want to play sucks dick.
>>
maybe I should do crusading bretonnians
>>
>>92549086
You should.
>>
File: Knights on foot.png (4.5 MB, 984x2368)
4.5 MB
4.5 MB PNG
>advertising: women knight front and center
>actual models used by the dev team: all men
Really makes you think
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/19/of-bones-and-barons-the-warhammer-studio-shows-off-their-tomb-kings-and-bretonnians/
>>
>>92549132
Consider the follodb
>>
>>92549120
but I dont know, I have wood elves i've basically given up on because im just not motivated to paint them
>>
File: kI5ZKaBtaWGK0Usv.jpg (146 KB, 1000x792)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>92549132
>>
>>92549155
This looks bad

You can't just put a female head on a male body and have the proportions look sensible
>>
>>92549155
That's a long-haired dude:
>The Duke on Pegasus was David’s personal interpretation of the ruler of Couronne, Chambray D’Axauex, with a few minor conversions to personalise him.
>>
>>92549182
One simply has the knowledge.
>>
>>92549132
I just believe that a group of overly chivalrous simps wouldn’t put women in combat roles, they’re for the lady
>>
>>92549189
Are GW staff retarded? That's clearly a sisters of battle head
>>
>>92549155
>>92549182
>>92549187
Read the text, it's a guy with long hair.
>>
>>92549202
Sister of Battle look so manly that it doesn't matter kek.
>>
File: she.png (9 KB, 843x104)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>92549189
>>92549203
come again?
>>
>>92547233
Most armies aren't going to be fielding that much infantry to be that much of an issue. Mountain pass and breakpoint will run into it more often though.
>>
>>92549189
>>92549203
Read the OW website.
>Chambray D’Axauex, the Lioness of Couronne was the Duchess of Couronne in Bretonnia durign the reign of King Louen Orc-Slayer.

>As the king ruled from Bastonne, she ruled her home province, priding herself on the martial prowess of her subjects.
WHC post is retarded and either typo'd or don't know their own DEI lore.
>>
>>92549259
>>92549225
They don't care about the DEI lore; if they did the foot knights would have that ugly woman model but they ignored it.
>>
File deleted.
>>92549187
I think the body is a bit too big for most heads. Looks like comic book proportions which tends to look bad for minis.
>>
How does this look /wfg/?
I really wish I could take a third unit of savage boars or spiderriders/savage wolfboys but here we are.
>>
>>92549339
Other than the fact you haven’t filled out your core points?
>>
>>92549024
I imagine it 'could' be done. Only challenge would be that Lahmians were really only defined by two things. "No zombies", and the ability to take several simp heroes from other armies (Swains). There aren't any mercs available to Vampires yet except Badland Ogres either.

You could probably run a Grave Guard block as core, saying they're "zombified Dwarfs" (one for the Book), and several skeleton blocks. Maybe an allied TK detachment, with a Screaming Skull as a zombified Grudge Thrower?
>>
>>92549132
The top guy really can't into transfers eh? I'm guessing the other guys used decalfix or what have you?
>>
>>92549355
>Other than the fact you haven’t filled out your core points?
Vanguard rule hasn't been added to the old world builder yet. So that's 15extra points.
>>
>>92549132
wonder why they only showed off new models when 90% of TOW releases are older sculpts
no resin models either
>>
Just realised, that should be official TOW theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRA6MGjwKvQ&list=RDMM&start_radio=1
>>
>GW still not acknowledged how new players are meant to play this game when they don’t sell most of the factions
>it’d be like saying you can only play 40K with tau, eldar and orks
Still forced to use third party minis, not paying to replace them either
>>
>>92549529
it's not meant for new players
>>
If a vampire count has a greatweapon and Is casting spectral dobbelganger, would it go off on int 6 or 1
>>
>>92549529
If you tried to make it new player friendly the game would be worse.
>>
>>92548496
You didn't read their reasoning behind that decision, did you?
>>
I'm working on seeding these, got 1st to 5th ed, so far. I'll update this tomorrow and each time I can get more as I go.

1st to 5th: fa4fad52bffd889be1e69d1a819c1d068234adde
>>
File: file.jpg (27 KB, 300x197)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>92549579
I6, based on the ruling in the FAQ.
It's talking about benefiting from Strike First but we have to assume the same holds true for a weapon with Strike Last.
>>
File: 51HzUS2xgGL.jpg (45 KB, 500x500)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>92548724
Because it isn't bait.
>>92548692
>>92548926
>Gotrek and Felix
>Vampire Genevieve
>Malus Darkblade
>Bretonnian Knight
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll certainly give them a look.
>>92548781
Sorry, But I think I will get into the End Times, to see what the fuss is about (beginning with picrel). How bad can it really be?
>>
>>92549668
Moreover, another reason for my insistence to read the End Times would have to be the Vermintide games, which from what I hear (and according to the title) takes place during that period.
>>
>>92549529
they stated this last year sometime that this isnt designed for new players, this is purely a cash grab to get people who play rank and flanks playing THEIR rank and flank
>>
>>92549668
>How bad can it really be?
Leaving aside the controversy of ending the world, the novels and end times books have a lot of characters and dynamics that you need to learn about before getting into the thing

it's definitely not something you can use to learn about the warhammer world well as a first read
>>
>>92549668
Its worse when you actually understand the context of the setting/characters. Going in on a first read its just random jobbers getting jobbed for the sake of the jobbening.
>>
>>92549668
>>92549688
The series isn't going to give you a good view of the setting. Vermintide is set during the End Times but has nothing to do with it, it's just an excuse to have a large skaven/chaos invasion. Reading those books isn't going to give you any extra insight into the events of the game.
>>
>>92549529
>>92549554
>>92549583
>>92549702
thats not really got anything to do with it, you still can't make most legion forces in Horus Heresy and they definitely want new players for that game. They can't handle much production demand and they simply don't care about longterm longevity, for them the ideal situation is the AoS model of cycling no more than 8 products per faction. Look at their stores ffs they usually have the TOW kits in one shelf of a promotion section, they don't plan on keeping kits in widespread circulation. The entire game is basically MTO and scalpers paradise.
>>
File: GameTable.jpg (889 KB, 2992x2992)
889 KB
889 KB JPG
Table is play-ready! Last steps are adding some section dividers and some last-minute railing.

After that comes terrain and tackling the Pile of Shame.
>>
>>92549798
Based, you going to cover up your boiler though anon?
>>
>>92549823
That's part of the terrain set up, just needs some warpstone glow.
>>
>>92549798
doesn't a border that wide make it difficult to reach the center of the table properly to move stuff?
>>
>>92549798
>Table is play-ready!

now you have to work on those models bud
>>
>>92549843
I prefer to believe they push them with naked brooms
>>
File: engi.png (832 KB, 817x841)
832 KB
832 KB PNG
Painted a little engineer. Only a runelord and organ gun left and my dwarf army will be done
>>
>>92549895
cognbanner is overcompensating, but overall this looks nice. good job anon.
>>
>>92549843
>>92549863
thats what the two sticks on the middle are for
like a ghetto casino
>>
>>92549132
>Anka has left the team since getting involved with the challenge, but before going, they finished up this gorgeous Tomb King on Necrolith Bone Dragon.
>Anka
>They
Hah, gender indecisives are dropping from their team, good
>>
>>92549659
So the vamp would first get to cast doppelganger, then would strike at 1 with its regular attacks.
>>
>>92549823
Soon, yes. The place was a former 'rental house' so there were a lot of things that had to be done to renovate, including fixing said boiler.

>>92549914
They're actually going to be cut up for adding sections/dividers to the rest of the table, but I love the mental image.
>>
Has anyone played 2000pt games where people aren’t bringing 1000pts of characters? Does it make the game feel any better without herohammer
>>
>>92549688
Reading End Times will give you almost no clue about both pre-ET Warhammer world and current timeline
It's like deliberately deciding to start your adventure with Middle Earth by watching Rings of Power
>>
>>92549988
bad comparison, that series improves by a non-zero amount if the gravitas they put regarding their plot twists isn't preemptively broken by everyone knowing what's going on in the setting
>>
>>92549975
I'm usually sinking about 600 points into characters. Then again I'm playing Brets so my BSB upgrade is free and I don't have a dragon or equivalent.
>>
File: 1712613912736406.png (770 KB, 618x943)
770 KB
770 KB PNG
>>92549975
I've played against 5 different guys in my playgroup now at 2K and none of us pass 800pts in characters. Ironically, none of us have agreed to this I think we all just mutually hate herohammer lmao. All of the games felt great to play and I end up getting mad at myself for poor positioning / planning moreso than not feeling like I can take down a big model.
>>
should I ally High Elves into a Wood Elves army?

I want to make more of a Laurelorn forest themed army
I was thinking of taking sisters of avelorn (as I own the models) as my main archers for the army, besides the mandatory glade guard unit

is this a good idea?
>>
>>92549798
I'd love to roll dice on that, Anon! Great job.
>>
>>92549529
>>92549554
>>92549583
Demand has been consistent so far so I don't expect it to drop. People willing to jump in have waited this long already.
>>
can legacy factions be taken as ally? Like 25% of daemons in a WoC army?
>>
>>92550160
technically, no
practically, whoever tries to prohibit you from doing it should be beaten to near death and paraded on the streets as a flag during the next gay pride
>>
File: tZj2AdS6usEkyW2k.jpg (294 KB, 1000x1245)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
article about painting the new named character assumably for a painting competition rather than tabletop play considering the amount of paints used
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/19/make-elisse-duchaard-shine-with-painting-tips-from-the-warhammer-team/
>>
>>92550144
Sales aren't the same thing as retaining a playerbase dude, not that GW cares im sure.
>>
File: uh.jpg (122 KB, 811x156)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>92549182
>>92549132
I am ESL.
Can someone explain this to me?
>>
>>92550210
>it won't even launch
>it won't sell
>it sold but the restockings won't sell
>the restocking sold but the scope won't expand
>the scope has expanded but good sales don't mean people play
Keep the COPE coming
>>
File: IMG_5869.png (572 KB, 1000x882)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>92550195
Tons of paints and nothing to show for it. Just learn to mix colours Jesus Christ
>>
>>92550215
just a schyzoid forcing people to accept his braindead POV
>>
>>92550215
>Leave company
>GW still respects pronouns
based GW
>>
>>92550226
We can keep up the whole tribalism shtick but when you critically think about it the game as is, isn't up to snuff. Been experimenting with previous editions/systems and still not sure what to introduce to zoomies.
>>
>>92550286
Even trying to sell this to existing GW players is awful.
>yeah you can only play 3 factions atm and the sculpts are ancient but it’s a great game
The target audience for who’s got into it at my club is people who play AWGs and are happy with proxies
>>
Is it known what MTOs will show up come the weekend?
>>
>>92550286
>We can keep up the whole tribalism shtick
Bro you start with this "I'm above this" and then immediately dive back into tribalism lol
Success really does make motherfuckers like you salty.
>still not sure what to introduce to zoomies.
The answer is always "the current edition" because that's all the average player wants to play.
>>
>>92550343
maybe the only other things to be released for other revealed GW products are Dawnbringers book 5 CSM boxes and another War Cry box at this point
>>
>>92550195
I can paint that with 7 tubes plus white and it will look better.
>>
>>92550215
Old World is pro-lgbtq+
>>
>>92550297
>yeah you can only play 3 factions atm
You can play all the factions, what are you on about.
>>
File: 172252.png (78 KB, 705x205)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
Quick question, if no one minds: Is it worth getting picrel at all?
>>
>>92550403
go ask in /coopg/ thread in /vg/ they might be able to answer the question better
>>
File: doglaugh.jpg (29 KB, 524x524)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>92550358
>then immediately dive back into tribalism
i-is getting someone to think considered two different groups of people? I know people love polarization and all that but I didn't think people looked for it in something as minimal as that. I wasn't even trying to be insulting I was just trying to get you to understand the lense I was looking at the scope of the game at.
>The answer is always "the current edition"
wha-
> because that's all the average player wants to play.
my honest reaction to that
>>
>>92550448
You can laugh all you want; your average braindead player refuses to play anything that isn't the current edition. Look at 40k 10e; people would rather just stop playing for now than jump back into 8e or 9e. It's not intelligent, but your average player is a moron who wants the current thing.
>>
>>92550401
Not all factions are accessible to ""buy""" from GW I guess, but also not all factions are exactly built equally in the rules department.
>>
>>92550440
Hmm. I think I'll do that.
>>
>"Oh neat! Bretonnia Trebuchet is back in stock! I'll order it when I get home."
>Get home.
>It's out of stock
Neat.
>>
>>92550286
Trying to introduce game systems to people generally works piss poorly. Some of my friends play legion but I couldn't be bothered to learn it. I tried to introduce HH1.0 to the lgs in the town I used to live in to no avail (pre 2.0 launch). TOW is going to be a hard sell unless they happen to like one of the already released factions, and older fantasy editions will likely be even harder.
>>
>>92550468
Yeah no AJ sucks but the base rules are still good for them (except Empire).
>>
Redpill me on Mousillon
>>
>>92550467
I wasn't a 7th edition 40k player but I played it doing no formations with a friend for the first time recently and it was a lot of fun. However trying to convince other people to try out 7th edition 40k seems unlikely to ever happen. But at the same time I look at 10e and most factions have lost most their identities. Tau don't have support systems, there's no magic phase so Tzeentch just shoots guns and Eldar get a reroll.
>>
>>92550567
>>92550468
Empire are bad and boring to a degree that makes me significantly less interested in the game.
>>
>>92550503
If it's any consolation, much like all other stone throwers they're pretty shit in game. But I can appreciate that it's a quintessentially Bretonnian model.
>>
>>92550503
I got you bro.
>>
>>92548742
If these are the ones I'm thinking about - once assembled they will look like they're ready to fall on their faces. Their sense of balance is fucked.
>>
>>92547734
Lazargh ogres are all hideously mutated so could easily fit as one of those.
>>
>>92550503
>>92550946
the trebuchet must be the easiest model to make from scratch, get some scrap wood or balsa, a couple toothpics and cardboard and just build one
>>
>>92549529
>GW still not acknowledged how new players are meant to play this game when they don’t sell most of the factions
CIVIL WAR
OPEN YOUR EYES
They are fighting for control of ips (INVESTORS vs OLD AUTHORS)
>>
>>92550269
>Respects pronouns in the first place
>Tells crying manlets on the interwebs to fuck off
Rare GW win.
>>
>>92550802
It's more for my D&D group. I just built a small town with a castle in it. Now I want some models for defending/attacking it.
>>
>>92550381
>>92550250
>>92550195
it's nothing to do with getting a good finish and 100% to do with getting retards to buy a ton of paints they don't need
>>
>>92551089
You could always get the MESBG Gondor treb and bash some random peasant crew
>>
>>92550215
They as a pronoun historically has referred to either multiple people or somebody you do not know the gender of. It has gained more usage recently by people who do not wish to be associated with either gender. Typically these people fall under the category of transgender in a medical sense, but some people desire to use it in place of gendered pronouns despite not doing any sort of medical procedure.
>>
>>92549554
I've seen a few people get into fantasy for the first time with it and plenty of people who had entirely abandoned fantasy get back into it.
>>
>>92551165
wonder why the Gondor Trebuchet is a resin kit but not considered for the 15+/expert kit notify on the store
>>
>>92551308
GW barely remembers that mesbg exists.
>>
>>92551318
tbf it does have a sword of Damocles over it due to the rights holder possibly taking away the licence at any moment though that less likely to happen now due to Embracer's money problems
>>
File: 1710288755951106.jpg (402 KB, 1200x1601)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
Is there ever any reason to not take Lothern Seaguard over Spearmen if you aren't pressed for points?

I'm talking about 8th here, by the way.
>>
>>92551334
Yeah, I know C7 lost their TTRPG rights a few months before 2e of The One Ring was supposed to launch. Shit's brutal.
>>
>>92551371
least C7 has the Warhammer licence to fall back on and those releases(when they happen) seem to be successful for them
>>
Does anyone have High Elf provinces army paint schemes close at hand?
>>
>>92551341
None of this shit exists in the Bible and is all Catholic fantasy
>>
>>92545979
I like it, but from the name Mahaut I thought it was supposed to be a dance brought back from Araby during the time of the errantry wars, Mahaut sounds pseudoarabic.
>>
>>92546583
I don't hate them because I don't simp for a brand. I like GW paints because I like my things to have consistency but would also use Two Thin Coats. But the primary argument for AP always seems to be "le cheaper", which I can understand, it's just that anons have a never ending lust to find the cheapest possible substitute for GW stuff which seems like a totally separate hobby.
>>
>>92547731
>it just reads "40k players will buy anything so we'll keep cheaping out on shit because it wont affect sales"
Yes.jpg
>>
>>92548500
I think I prefer this approach, it gives the players a lot more to chew on than a mere Slaaneshi cult. If you run it, you could also go in the Nurglish direction. St. Vitus' Dance was a somewhat common disease in medieval times (it was caused by rheumatic fever), causing uncontrollable movements in the legs and feet. Nurgle's overdone in my opinion, though.

>>92551789
Mahaut's a fairly common female name in medieval France.
>>
>>92551914
It reminds me of the mahout.
>>
>>92551081
>OLD AUTHORS
Like who
Phil Kelly?
All old guard left the company years ago
>>
>>92549529
The range cuts to AoS make it harder but most factions have or had a decent portion of their range available through GW. All 3 flavors of elves, chaos dwarves, and empire are the hardest to collect. You'd certainly be missing some options, but you could make a basic force for any of the other factions with kits GW sold at launch. I think Ogres, Beastmen, Lizardmen, and Daemons were all completely available from GW or very close to.
>>
File: dwarf eating food.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>92545814
Finally, some decent copypasta
>>
>>92548890
I used their Army Green color primer and it had an issue where it took almost two days to dry properly.
>>
>>92545814
>elf hands wrote this
>>
>>92546583
The key issue is that to keep their paints from drying out on shelves they'd add a bit of a filler medium to the top of bottles. This medium was ridiculously easy to accidentally mix in during shaking and was different than the normal medium so the paints would wind up inconsistent and runny unless you were lucky enough to properly squeeze it out beforehand.

On top of that the medium used with the first version of Speedpaints reactivated with water, and you had a bunch of shilltubers sing their praises when they first came out so a bunch of people bought them not realizing you literally can't put a second coat of paint over them. Army Painter played it off as a feature until finally admitting their fuckup a year later.
>>
>>92546583
Just never met somebody who likes them so I assumed they're not worth trying.
>>
>>92551071
>get some scrap wood or balsa, a couple toothpics and cardboard and just build one
True. Also if you make it yourself you can make a functioning one which is cool.
Though for $10, it is tempting to let reaper do the work.
>>
>>92547429
It's literally insane considering the extra expense from time spent cutting the mold for those holes probably outweighs the money saved in plastic.
>>
>>92552533
>let reaper do the work.
where's the fun in that
>>
>>92544939
Anyone knows where I can cop some cheap recasts or knock-off plastic minis? Emphasis on cheap, they are just gonna be practice pieces. Mostly want to get knight types like empire or bretonnians first.
>>
>>92550567
>>92550722
Drilled changes have made them more interesting, the problem is no big hero.
>>
>>92552754
I wonder if we'll get a magic item point rework down the road that makes Monster Slayer a bit more accessible.

Or fuck, just add a rule that gives artillery pieces Monster Slayer when they hit a Behemoth.
>>
>>92545814
Good post, this.
>>
>>92552754
Drilled certainly makes them better, I think the infantry is still all overcosted. 9-10ppm for a drilled state troops with halberd or spear and shield, 13 for greatswords. I think knights are the best core choice but I am not convinced there's certainly better medium cav in other books. Also garbage magic items and no special rules doesn't help.
>>
>>92552849
Arcane Journal says that Von Draken was actually around at the time and if she's your warlord you can buy upgrades that make your artillery purple sun your opponent.
>>
>>92552849
>monster slayer volley guns
>24" bubble of your dragon is dead in any arc
>you'll never see another dragon in a tournament at least
>>
>>92552897
They could give the Regimental/Detachment bonus to all units without requiring them to specifically key in to being Regiments or Detachments. Greatswords would be a lot nicer when its another unit taking most of the hits and they get to charge on the enemy's turn.
>>
>>92552934
I mean Cannon and Bombards. Should have clarified I guess.
>>
>>92552754
>the problem is no big hero
Is it a problem for whoops all demigryphs? Not that they'll kill a dragonlord but they'll basically kill everything else. I'm more jealous of the cheaper character options, like the goblin warboss on a chariot. Knights core is definitely the way, and I'd say they are excellent medium cav.
>>
>>92552686
if you want to practice get green army men from the dollar store, you get like 20 for $1
>>
File: 1537232020813.jpg (41 KB, 254x331)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>92552919
>purple sun
elves stay winning
>>
>>92553036
It's okay I'll chuck -2i on you and you'll still lose plenty of guys.
>>
>>92553018
Buying some little plastic knights might be a good idea, will paint on primer go over the colors already on them though?
>>
>>92553256
if its shitty models you dont even need to prime them, you can throw them out after
>>
File: MagicMan.jpg (169 KB, 1075x1850)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>92544939
Behold my magic man, his base is drying at the moment so he is on a round for the moment.
>>
>>92553314
Good coloring anon. He's looks MAGICAL
>>
>>92550403
Its only 3 euros mate, just get it wtf
>>
>>92553434
awww shucks thank you, i was speed painting him in an afternoon, i gotta paint up a vanguard to be my sorcerer lord on mount, because i cant find a good tzeentzch version of it.

Had a varanguard sitting around for like 3 years now so.
>>
>>92553314
I like him, nicely done. Looking forward to seeing him on the base, that always completes a model.
>>
>>92553507
>models sitting around for years unpainted
MANY SUCH CASES
>>
>>92553601
Listen man.....i got a lot of shit going on....dont shame me more then i already shame myself.
>>
>>92553622
Not how shame is intended to work, I'm afraid.
>>
>>92553622
It's a curse we all bare together my friend.
>>
>>92553256
It will work well enough for practice.
>>
>>92547568
>>92552448
I'll also add that a problem they still haven't fixed is the color swatch on the front of the bottle is wildly inaccurate to the contents, and that online color matching progams tend to use this swatch for setting matches to other product lines.

By way of recent example, the Speedpaint v2 color Beowulf Blue has a color label to make it look a speedpaint equivalent to their normal Viking Blue or Citadel's Caledor Sky, and the descriptive text on the bottle is "Deep Purplish Blue", but the actual color is purple with bluish tints.
>>
File: Savage-Orcs.jpg (302 KB, 1600x943)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>savage orcs soft squatted for racism
>literally no one cares

Sad
>>
Do full scans of Warpstone Magazine exist anywhere?
>>
>>92552754
The real problem I noticed with Empire, especially in the context of "big heroes", is that they're built a lot around "buff support" and the game isn't really designed for that due to how Challenges work.

Say you take a Daemonology Wizard, to give your Halberds two S5 attacks each or so.
Dragon charges and the rider issues a challenge.
You accept with a champ? The rest of the unit sits out of the fight.
You refuse? Your opponent gets to tell your wizard to go to the back, nerd.

In this situation, the best way to 'win' is either to generate "7 static CR and a Musician", or try to kill the rest of the army while you drop vortexes in front of the dragon. It becomes easier said than done when there are two dragons, though.

I've noticed that Drilled lets you do a few tricky things as well. For example, you can run a smallish unit of Drilled Knights, 'flush' with your Hellblaster, so that your opponent cannot declare a charge against said Hellblaster without declaring a charge against the knights. Knights proceed to Counter-Charge and create a 'bad angle' for the Dragon, buying another turn.

Alternately, Drilled and Full Command let you pretend you're Skaven, and send your buffer characters to the back without retiring them.
>>
>>92550215
Mental illness.
>>
>>92550215
8th edition never had these kinds of "people". just sayin
>>
>>92549975
This game, and every other wargame for that matter, should be 80% of your points in infantry. Anything else is gay homo shit unless it's a unique thematic army like an artillery battery or something
>>
>>92549975
>Does it make the game feel any better without herohammer
not really because infantry still sucks balls
>>
File: 1713573843214.jpg (848 KB, 810x2175)
848 KB
848 KB JPG
>>92553497
I did. The ost is cool, and the wallpapers are neat. I also like the maps.
>>
>>92554887
Anybody acting like what exists now is superior to WHFB by any metric are literally delusional.
>>
How would one go into making Alarielle fall to Chaos
>>
>>92554783
The issue with combat res bricks is if it actually matters to the dragon they just won't front charge. If you get hit with first charge or basically anything in the flank or back you drop 4 combat res and lose combat anyways, and next combat you probably either lose the bsb or retire it and don't get the combat.
>>
>>92554887
Id agree to an extent but then you have stuff like ogres and other specialized factions. Plus it would get expensive if you weren't 3d printing.
>>
>>92554921
Dwarf performance has shot up recently. Certain armies can perform well with a fair bit of infantry.
>>
>>92555029
Barbed slaaneshi tonguing
>>
>>92555048
And let's keep in mind, we haven't even gotten our Arcane Journal. I highly doubt Dwarves are going to get weaker after its release.
>>
>>92555034
Yup, there's also that. As much as it's fun to theoryhammer about baiting charges with light cav in order to waste first charges, the truth is the dragon is going to most likely be run 'in support' of an army behind it.
>>
>>92552667
The fun is it frees an hour or two for the next project.
I mean in theory could hand sculpt every miniature in your army. But I don't have time for that.
>>
>>92555048
>Dwarf performance has shot up recently
yeah, because some fag spammed trollhammer torpedos at a tournament
>>
File: upsidedownbolter.jpg (246 KB, 878x449)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>92554459
I cared. I added it to the long list of reasons i dont buy from GW anymore.

>>92553314
this guys comes with a custom square on the sprue right?
>>
>>92555141
And spamming Lv4s and monsters isn't just as faggy?
>>
File: PXL_20240420_010922564.jpg (3.35 MB, 4080x3072)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB JPG
>the unded are marching towards the village!!
What do?
>>
>>92555143
He does come with a custom base BUT his base is 25x25, Exalted sorcerer needed a 30x30
>>
>>92554459
It's a weird decision. Makes me think orcs are next.
Also, idk how I feel about that giant.
>>
>>92555160
they can't swim, just jump into the river
>>
>>92555160
Marry the vampire goth girl that's controlling them and live out the end of my days as her lover.
>>
>>92555034
This is a good point about how fuck the current meta is. Dragon Lords destroy everything, and even if we fix that, they're still fly 10 so will almost never be in a bad matchup anyways.
>>92555048
If every faction had a Irondrake + Trollhammer Torpedo equivalent, people would probably be complaining that infantry was too good.
>>
>>92555160
SOVL...
>>
>>92555160
Burn down the village obviously
>>
>>92555160
Put the Thunderers in the second story of the building, Dwarf Warriors in a big unit just on our side of the river. Get the Grudge Thrower in sight of the undead.

Realistically, it is a bit cluttered for a normal game but man! It looks like it would be a blast doing a small narrative game.
>>
File: gobs.jpg (163 KB, 927x623)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
BSB with big goblins or small goblins?
>>
>>92555211
To my knowledge kings are also scary and rangers and hammers are aight. Irondrakes are probably their best unit but it's not like their other options are horrible.
>>
File: 1713402940654365.jpg (287 KB, 719x745)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>92555029
>>
>>92555160
i snap the VC skeles off those round bases and then take a shit on the night haunt siggy piggy models.
>>
>>92555153
my point being that infantry still sucks, their win rate only went up because dwarftards figured out trollhammers are busted
>>
>>92555247
Yeah. Kings are probably the best infantry combat heroes in the game. But I feel like that's not saying much.
>>
>>92549659
WE did as the Rider had strike first/last, the mount is at I3 all the time (except during the charge)
>>
>>92549950
>>92549659
No, spectral doppelganger uses the abilities of the weapon.
You will strike last.
>>
>>92549022
>>92549028
No, yeoman guard are basically hardier, more veteran men at arms on foot

A wholly separate unit from Mounted Yeoman, which are a default unit not an Bret exiles unit
>>
>>92555370
>more veteran men at arms on foot
Yes. Which is why I suggested pistoliers because they are exactly that.
>>
>>92555238
paint them all, whichever you manage the best paintjob on is the bsb
>>
>>92555333
But it says right there that a weapon with ASF doesn't mean you cast at I10, so logically a weapon with ASL wouldn't mean you cast at I1, right? Besides doppelganger is a spell that uses the characteristics of the weapon, not the weapon itself. Or are you suggesting the vamp casts the spell at I6 and then nothing happens until I1's turn?
>>
File: images (20).jpg (54 KB, 456x672)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>Play wood elves for something different. Usually Empire
>Immediately start abusing charge arcs with movement speed, reserve move, open order fast cav etc.
>"Sorry I can't concede that, he's at least 0.5'' outsude of arc"
>Ok so you're 4's to hit, -1 for range, -1 Skirmishers, -2 heavy cover, so needing 6's followed by 5's.
>Yes I did move but I ignore movement and cover with these arrows so bs5 hitting on 2's

It's amazing I can feel myself becoming a dick ass elf player immediately on the table.

Fun though
>>
>>92555383
No - pistoliers are noble sons of the empire who aren't yet knights.

I'm confused what you're referring to - are you mixing the name up with something else?
>>
>>92555419
It uses special rules of the weapon. But the faq is a weird ruling. You have to cast when you make attacks but aren't suppose to at asf which means if you asf, technically there is no time at which your wizard can cast an assailment.
>>
File: PXL_20240420_022324030.MP.jpg (1.17 MB, 3072x4080)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
What are you working on? I am making blunderbuss brigands
>>
>>92555596
A general on imperial griffon. I think I have some random minis like a freebie conquest mini to do after that.
>>
>>92555236
That's my biggest problem with WHFB and all rank/flank games. It encourages boring, open tables with sparse terrain.
>>
>>92555262
I think the internet has overblown the issues with TOW v1. Monster are powerful, but can be dealt with. Magic is a problem, but also can be dealt with. Cavalry has huge threat projection, but you could easily get caught out of position and dealt with.

>>92555735
Yeah, I'm not super into the pitched battles as default. I'm much more narrative and objective minded. But there's no reason we can come up with our own scenarios that are more narrative.
>>
>>92555251
Based Robert E Lee appreciator. Never fight uphill, me boys
>>
File: Sherman.jpg (58 KB, 401x488)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>92555753
>>
>>92555771
It's hilarious how lefty redditors are obsessed with Sherman when he would hate their guts if he saw them, and they would consider him a far right racist extremist if he was alive today. Yet somehow they love him simply because he killed americans and burned American cities
>>
>>92555824
hes also literally the guy who genocided the indians. kek
>>
>>92555735
I'm sure there has to be a rank and flank that works with terrain decently but I haven't seen one. Would be super cool to play on boards like that but it'd make the game insanely slow and unrecognizable.
>>
>>92555824
>>92555827
I started to admire the man after reading a biography about him. He isn't a good guy by any stretch of the imagination, however.

His tactical acumen and generalship was impressive. I'd also argue he was the grandfather of modern Total War. Sherman's March to the Sea truncated the American Civil War by years.

And yeah, he killed traitors and rebels. Good.
>>
>>92555824
This. I had a childhood friend who got kicked out of the US army for being too communist unironically, and then he transitioned into a female shortly after. His Facebook profile picture is Sherman
>>
>>92555824
Depends on the person but people are generally more interested in the stance people took relative to their time. I'm sure Abe Lincoln probably also had ideas unthinkable to us but people can appreciate the role he played. It goes both ways too, you'll see plenty of right wingers speak positively of MLK jr because it's about the role he played relative to America, not any of his fringe even by today's standard ideas. I'm sure there are some lefties who hate him though and I've heard MLK jr day called dead nigger day by a conservative before.
>>
>>92555858
he was piece of shit who wiped out the buffalo and the indian
>>
>>92555858
And who exactly were these "traitors" betraying?
>>
>>92555889
I'm comfortable with that.

See the image >>92555858
>>
>>92555596
Just finished assembling my 2000 points of Chaos, gluing on rocks and sand onto the bases before priming.
>>
>>92555900
im comfortable with throwing you out of a helicopter
>>
>>92555824
NOOOOOO!!! SHERMAN WORSHIPED BLACK MEN AND GAY SEX JUST LIKE ME!!!!!
>>
File: Step up Senpai.jpg (142 KB, 463x634)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>92555914
I await your attempt.
>>
>>92555960
statistically speaking theres a 50% chance you kill yourself first
>>
>>92555771
>>92555858
>>92555960
>Facebook boomer memes
Lmao...
>>
>>92555899
Lmao this. I'll never understand why lefties who hate the US are so pro-Union. The only thing the Confederates were "traitors" to was the federal government. By worshipping the Union you are essentially just worshipping the federal government. The civil war wasn't Americans vs traitors, it was Americans vs Americans, just with one side fighting to maintain the current federal government and one fighting to secede from it. It's honestly no surprise to see socially left redditors love the union so much seeing how their entire ideology is based off of whatever propaganda the US government and big corporations are pushing them. Spoiler alert, being a patriot doesn't always mean bootlicking the established government.
>>
>American hours.
>>
>>92544939
Anyone got a hold of what the prices for the models going up on Saturday are?

Guessing the Casket of Souls is going to be around like 60 euros.
>>
>>92549594
does it have something to do with female space marines?
>>
>>92551624
You really think the Catholics would do that?
Just make a bunch of shit up to worship?
>>
>>92546365
4 inches no saddle. 6 and 3/4 with the saddle/tomb king. I eyeballed these measurements
>Inb4 took too long.
Be happy you got them
>>
>>92556030
By the Lady, what spirit has possessed you that you do speak such? US? American? Corporation? Surely this gibbering is of the Ruinous Powers!
>>
Finally got a win with Warriors of Chaos. Played 1500 against Ogres using:
-Tyrant with 5 Ironguts
-Level 2 Firebelly
-3 BVLLS
-3 Leadbelchers
-4 Sabertusks
-3 Mournfangs
-Stonehorn

I had:
-Exalted Champion with 5 Chaos Knights
-Level 4 Chariot Sorc
-6 Chosen Knights
-5 Forsaken
-5 Marauder Horsemen
-5 Hounds
-1 Spawn
-Giant

We played the tower scenario and pretty much just lined up with big stuff opposite each other. I baited charged out with my marauders and chariot who just fled and gave me positioning. I elected to not take a champ in my Chosen and with MoS + Frenzy banner they just got set loose and went to town on the Ironguts. Lord and his boys ground down the mournfangs while the Forsaken took the tower and killed the Bulls. The Stonehorn took a bunch of punishment from Vortex of Chaos and couldn't get anything done besides killing the spawn and overrunning into the Forsaken, 1 lived on some lucky wards and the chariot finished it off. Ironguts all died but the Tyrant eventually killed all the Chosen.

I'm a handful of games in and Chaos seems terrible since basic Warriors suck and they have no shooting, but I guess since Ogres don't have many answers to cav I just win? The magic disparity was pretty big since he got no spells off and couldn't stop any of mine. Forsaken were incredible, I don't see a reason to ever play basic Warriors when they exist. The turbo frenzy Chosen seem better without champions so people can't challenge defensively. Basic Knights kinda suck but work fine as a character bunker, obviously the Lord would be better on a dragon so I guess I should just bite that bullet.

Game was fun, felt good to be the bully for a change, but WoC really aren't what I was expecting.
>>
>>92556223
You also had an illegal list unless you meant an Aspiring Champion, at 1500 points you only can have an Exalted or Level 4 Sorceror, not both. It's why the OK player only had the Firebelly.
>>
File: 20240419_232052.jpg (562 KB, 1548x1448)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
>>92555596
scratch building a mortar for my dwarfs
>>
>>92556262
Yeah, sorry, whatever the shitter low level champion guy is.
>>
>>92556223
>but I guess since Ogres don't have many answers to cav I just win?
welcome to 'tow: cavhammer and dragontimmy' the game
>>
>>92556262
Wait, you can take a Chaos Lord and Sorcerer Lord in 1500 but downgrading to an Exalted Champion is illegal? That's retarded.
>>
>>92556320
only 8 years of game development time pls understand
>>
>>92556320
>That's retarded.
It stops exactly this. Chaos lorfs/princes are very expensive and the points limits stop you running them and level 4 effectively.

Exalted champions are cheap enough AND strong enough to fuck over most mellee heroes, so having them and a level 4 in sub 2k is rough to face.
>>
>>92555160
I love it. I had that exact cobra as a kid, bought it from the Indiana Jones shop at Disney World.
>>
besides the realm of chaos are there other dimensions in Warhammer fantasy?
>>
>>92556595
There's the Realm of Morr, the afterlife.
>>
>>92556675
the afterlife huh, wheres that talked about?
>>
>>92556595
ur mom's bedroom
>>
>>92556710
There's snippets about it all over. I think there's some in the vampire hunter books. It's supposed to be a dark gloomy place.
>>
File: retarded apu drooling.jpg (45 KB, 612x603)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>92551135
What paints do I need for Bretonnians?
>>
>>92556780
Something to portray armor, something earth tone for horses, and whatever paints you want to capture the wild, bright colors of medieval tabards and heraldry.
>>
>>92556780
Red, blue, yellow, white, black, green.
>>
>>92556275
I can dig it
>>
>>92556780
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_(heraldry)

And then leather colors and Gore Grunta Fur for the horses (Unless you decide to get fancy with the horse colors.)
>>
>>92555211
Wonder if people will start allying in Bretonnian Exiles just to get a Baron with the Falcon Horn of Fuck Phoenixes.
>>
>>92557032
Oh, and Vallejo Mecha Color Dark Steel along with Vallejo Metal Color Silver and Army Painter Speedpaint Sand Golem (To stain Silver gold.)
>>
game needs more chaos dwarves
>>
Missing a claw piece from my model am I just fucked?
>>
>>92557077
be the change you want to see, be the only guy in the room bringing chaos dwarfs
>>
>>92557077
From seeing posts on regional groups I know of at least 3 Chaos Dwarf players in my zone. Fucking crazy.
>>
>>92557189
How many of those are aspirational and how many actually have painted models?
>>
>>
File: IMG_5871.jpg (448 KB, 1890x1417)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>92555596
Magnetising all my bases whilst I wait for my Celtic chariots to be converted into Tiranoc/white lion chariots to arrive.
Will be combining them with Perry mounted men at arms and oathmark elves for the riders
>>
>>92557165
>>92557189
I only have one question though
where do I buy them?
>>
>>92557204
I saw photos of a games day one store had and noted 2 differently painted Chaos Dwarf armies.
>>
>>92557308
i like fabelzel's chorf designs, they're 3d prints that actually fit in the game instead of being overdesigned shit like nearly every other warhammer stl
>>
>>92557410
thank you for the reply
>>
>>92557410

These chorfs are also nice if you want a more modern look without too much excess detail
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-titan-forge-miniatures-2023-august-infernal-dwarves-314760
>>
File: 1669470554260093.jpg (353 KB, 1440x1440)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>92553314
I have that model. Got him back i think when Storm of Magic came out. Him and the derpy Manticore. I don't care what people say. I like the model and intend to use him as my chaos lord's mount.
>>
>>92557308
China
Ukraine/Russia when it's not at war

If you are in Australia and know someone who's plys 30k they 100% have a hookup
>>
>>92557053
>allying in Bretonnian Exiles
I didn't think you could ally the rmies of renown
>>
>>92556186
>Be happy you got them
I am happy I got them, TYVM anon
>>
>>92557410
>instead of being overdesigned shit like nearly every other warhammer stl
This is my main problem with many 3D models. They don't fit in nice with the official models so it looks bad to mix them in an army.
>>
File: 1700401435380573.png (135 KB, 1000x1000)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
So now that GW is ramping up the Warhammer Wokeness, how long until they completely corrupt TOW as well?

I've been buying all the Kangz releases as they came, but I'm very hesitant about buying anything from GW ever again. Surely they'll leave TOW alone...
>>
>>92557843
BIggest culprit are the TK models, they absolutely go overkill with egyptian iconography and imagery that most models become just a hodgepodge of ancient egyptian stereotypes. The GW models might be simplistic and boring but I think it's the perfect balance
>>
>>92555868
>If you don't follow us unconditionally we want your cities burned, your families starved, your economies shattered and your men slaughtered
Lovely bunch these communists
>>
>>92557532
Armies of Infamy are a legal choice to be allies. It's Armies of Infamy themselves that can't ally in anything, they're just stuck with whatever Mercenaries they specifically allow plus any of the generic choices available to all.
>>
>>92557053
Can't be a Baron as that's a 1 per 1000 points choice so ineligible for a 500 point allied contingent. You could still go for a cheap Paladin with Exile's Vow for the Ld reroll.
>>
Are goblins useless?
I like using them in total war but people say the standard goblins are worthless
>>
>>92557975
>how long until they completely corrupt TOW as well?
Nigga there's already female knights with bows
>>
>>92558055
>Are goblins useless?
Maybe, but why let that hold you back?

I like night goblins and I will have a night goblin army. If they completely fall apart due to seeing an elf on the battlefield that's just even more funny.
>>
why is the new transfer sheet £22?
>>
>>92558139
inflation. blame Rishi Sunak
>>
>>92558117
I read that night goblins are much better than the standard goblins
Anyway specifically I was told that goblins with bows do practically nothing which sucks
I want them to have a role that they're can perform
>>
>>92558151
i guess i could always complain to the MPs that play GW games but I don't think any of them play WFB/TOW
>>
>>92558055
they always were useless and it's a shame GW didn't try harder with them, the mongol aesthetic is awesome. Given that night goblins get so much stuff it wouldn't kill them to give goblins something, maybe a movement or initiative buff. They could have done more with the crazy inventions as well, giving them weapons teams like skaven. At the least they could've made nasty skulkers better.
>>
>>92558160
James Cleverley MP is a 40k Ork player unironically. Try him first.
>>
File: PXL_20240420_101748736.jpg (1.75 MB, 3072x4080)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>92555596
Blunderguy 2 done
>>
>>92558151
Rishi Sunak doesn't control the Bank of England.
>>
>>92556030
This is completely off-topic, but if I had to hazard a guess it's just a quick and easy way to let them think they've "owned the chuds". The Confederacy represents a society that was closer to the original vision for the country, was heavily Prot-Christian, and had a strong of cultural identity. Gloating about the Union coming out on top is just second nature to them. There's also the fact that the Global American Empire, whose benefits they enjoy, might not have existed without a Union victory. So even excluding the topic of slavery it simply becomes an ends justify the means scenario.

Honestly, I'm impressed these Union larpers even bother to keep up the façade of unity among Americans. They clearly view the people living within former Confederate territory as beneath them, and that region's culture as wholly alien and antithetical to what America should be.

I await the inevitable janny purge of all these posts
>>
File: 1713608372369.jpg (1.35 MB, 2000x1500)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
Playing a 3k 3v2 with the bros
>>
>>92557975
>savage orcs soft squatted due to racism
>all mention of the word "slave" removed from Chaos Dwarf and Skaven
>female bretonnian knights

It's already woke, son
>>
>>92558055
Speaking of goblins, does anyone think that the regular ones could pass for hobgoblins? Maybe stick the head on a little higher, add a floppy turd for a hat?
>>
>>92558348
Im going to use the new AoS skaven minus the ratty bits + night goblin heads
>>
>>92555160
Destroy the bridge, send a rider to seek help from either the local lord or nearby communities. If possible, evacuate as many civilians as possible, and also make sure no nonsense pops up from tje graveyard
>>
File: ladyed.png (147 KB, 319x538)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
Well she's already out of stock folks.
Hope you got yours. I did.
>>
>>92558521
The Casket of souls is out of stock as well
>>
>>92558348
just use them straight up, though if its TOW I have no idea why you'd use them other than the wolf riders.
>>
>>92558555
>>92558521
I don't see any of the new stuff on the american setting of the site, but if I click "Rest of the World" I see everything, amazing
>>
>>92558584
and now the Bone Giant is out of stock
>>
>>92558609
Amazing
>>
>>92558224
Sunak or his chancellor could waltz up to Andrew Bailey, the govenor of the bank and tell him that they've lost confidence in him, and while Bauley wouldn't be under any legal obligaton to resign in reality he most certainly would.
>>
>>92558568
30 points for 10 little shitters to get in the way of things is pretty good, take a few of those and who cares if they flee, chorfs certainly won't.
>>
Any brand that sells MODULAR movement trays like pic related?

I play 6th edition so the ones that GW sells for ToW are not an option for me.
>>
File: 113014810.jpg (112 KB, 760x1000)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>92558692
Forgot pic
>>
Anyone know a source of movement trays that dont have the excessive gap around each model like the GW ones? I want my models to be snug
>>
>>92558692
>>92558702
Aren;t the ones GW currently sells these ones?
>>
>>92558736
These ones?

Aren't they for the new base sizes? I need modular movement trays for the old base size standars.
>>
>>92558755
the plastic floor sections are just 200 X 200 and I one side is divided into 20mm squares(the other side is 25mm squares) so they should be perfectly useable for the 6th edition
>>
>>92550076
Yes.
>>
>>92558776
Thanks!
>>
>>92558813
>>92558813
>>92558813
Please move
thank you
>>
>>92557077
They're apparently coming out but for AoS.
>>
>>92555160
Oh look it's the bara gay dude looking for a boyfriend again.
>>
>>92556223
>ogres have no answer to cav
He certainly didn't bring any. Especially against frenzy, running chaff to force bad charges would've been good. He had a little bit of shooting and a level 2 but neither are going to do enough, level 4 or bust. A level 4 illusion wizard would've also been a good option for him, 2 spells that prevent charges. Ogre infantry is also one of the only infantry that might be able to get a lot of attacks back from a chosen knight frenzy charge, if they get some of their defensive buffs. If they stack like +2 toughness and a regen, and challenge, challenge will almost certainly fail to kill their characters, and the rest of the unit probably kills one guy.
>>
I vastly undervaled the +3" dispel items.

Being able to dispel my opponents hexes and enchantmrnts while he can't dispel my remains in play spells because I'm 26" away is amazing.
>>
File: good.png (282 KB, 752x918)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>new zealand manages to get all the new stuff out of stock before the rest of the world even gets a chance
something does not add up

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.