[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0655.png (58 KB, 344x145)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
I’ve been wanting to watch the World Series of Poker for a long time now but PokerGo is extremely expensive. Does anyone know where one could watch it for free? Also sorry this isn’t TTRPG related, this is the only place where poker fits.
>>
>>92550382
Poker is a traditional game so you're posting on the right board. No idea where you could watch the WS though.
>>
I wish there was a decent way to play poker without having to fucking gamble, man
>>
>>92550443
If you have friends that like poker, it’s worth buying a chip set so you can play with them. Otherwise, mobile poker apps like Zynga Poker and WSOP Poker are fine, but play low-stakes tables so you don’t get conned out of all your chips, because they want you to buy them. Idk if there are ads because I have a DNS setup on my phone.
>>
>>92550443
Poker is a shit game without gambling though.
>>
>>92550608
There needs to be something on the line for the strategy to be meaningful, even if it’s just chips with no monetary value.
>>
>>92550628
Chips are still nothing though. At most you want to be the one with the most at the end so you feel you've won, but beyond that there's no reason not to just call basically every bid, so bluffing doesn't really work and the game falls apart.
>>
>>92550382
I know it’s not free, but is this shit on cable?
>>
>>92556669
IIRC they pulled it from CBS after they didn’t promote it. Lon McEachern, the lead commentator called them out on it.
>>
>>92550382
>>92550408
Poker actually has more in common with sports than actual traditional games these days. Same goes with Chess.

All three are basically anti-imagination gambling pits, filled with awful people, some of the worst that humanity has to offer
>>
>>92561505
>anti-imagination gambling pits
Sounds exactly like MTG, and to a lesser extent, D&D and Warhammer.
>>
I watch the main event on pokergo to listen to the Nick Schulman and Ali Nejad commentary.
>>
>>92550443
Just play the lowest stakes for pennies. And well, you can play for free tokens on most websites as well.
>>
>>92563995
PokerGo is actively harming the sport. It’s a good resource for watching it but having it be one of the only ways to watch limits its visibility and prevents it from reaching more people.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.