[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: alanmerret.jpg (27 KB, 621x351)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Behold, the one man who can save Games Workshop from itself, and restore the Warhammer 40,000 setting

For the uninitiated, this man is Alan Merrett. Alan worked his way up from the factory floor in the 80s, and was Bryan Ansell's handpicked heir and GW's head of IP for over 20 years. He's the guy who's stewardship turned Fantasy and 40k from their respective Tolkien/Moorcock Dune/2000 AD mashup spoofs into the iconic settings we grew up playing.

Alan knew as far back as the 80s that female Space Marines were a marketing gimmick... and a bad one, to be avoided at all costs. He ruled the Design Studio with an iron fist, and could make a grown games developer burst into tears just by walking into a room. Even Tuomas Pirinen, Andy Chambers, and all the gigachad 90s games designers respected and feared him. It was Merrett and only Merrett who stood on the threshold between the iconic universes we love and nuGW's trend chasing, wannabe mainstream insanity.

Rountree erroneously fired him in 2016, after the Age of Sigmar launch (AoS being something Merrett had fought against tooth and claw every step of its development) tanked. When did the rot start to set in...? You do the math.

Rumour is that GW are having an emergency shareholders meeting on Monday because of the female Custodes shitshow, and Henry Cavil telling them to sort it out or he's throwing in the towel. Regardless of if this is true of not, the only way they can restore any shred of the IP they once had is for Rountree to personally drive to the Merrett residence, ring the doorbell, drop to his knees and beg this man to return to his former throne and let the glory days roll back in.

RETURN TO MERRETT
>>
Alan, it's past ten.

You shouldn't be up this late and you've pissed yourself. If you go back to bed on your own, you can tell me and the other orderlies about how you used to work in a toy shop in the morning.
>>
>>92553070
>Rumour is that GW are having an emergency shareholders meeting
i am a shareholder.
this is BS
>>
>>92553070
Read that comment he made again. He was all for female space marines and the only reason he didn't go through with it was because retailers told him they wouldn't sell.
>>
>>92553091
You are not important enough to attend a shareholders meeting, lol.
>>
File: 1445487766339.png (232 KB, 500x553)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
OP needs to return to the pit of man butts he came from
>>
>>92553120
Does GW have a minimum threshold to attend a shareholder meeting? I know some companies limit it to shareholders who have a certain percentage of the company's shares and some will let you attend even if you only own one share.
>>
>>92553070

I know this post is a troll, but in hindsight, while he was fucking hated by everybody who ever worked under him, Merret really was the only thing standing between GW and normiedom,

F
>>
>>92553070

I'd fucking love to hear what some of the GW old guard think of this mess. They're popping up all over the place on Jordan Sorcery and various other YouTube channels, so it shouldn't be hard to contact them for quotes.
>>
>>92553144

I'd imagine they do, as they inflate their shares by selling them cheap to their staff, and who the fuck wants a bunch of living wage factory workers and neckbeards stinking up the joint asking for toilets that actually flush or whatever the fuck
>>
>>92553091

Do you know anything we don't know? Has any of the fallout made a dent yet, or is it a nothingburger?
>>
>>92553357
>implying he knows.
Anyone with a fucking robin account can go and buy shares of GW and be a share holder that does not mean shit until you reach a given % of the company when you actually have weight to throw around.
>>
>>92553372

Sorry, I can't into finance.

Are all the graphs people have been spamming of shares having dropped by 1% actually indicative of something, or is it a pretty routine/insignificant ebb and flow?
>>
Cavill seems like a guy who values lore very highly, and a momentous slippery slope like suddenly introducing female custodes is likely to have pissed him off no end.
>>
>>92553418
I have not been looking at the markets in general, but drops in share prices depend on a lot of things.
For exapmle if a shift in oil happens that will chagne it, a shift in matierals needed to make the product happens, a new law for imports and exports, various other supply issues, announcements for new content, anything. Also you have to look at the market overall, if it overall dropped well shit then its par the course.

That said the timing of the share drop and the combination of the announcement and backlash does sound indicative.
I dont think this is the end of GW, but ithink it might have caused enough of a fuss to cause people to peak their brow.
If anything the biggest concert here is Cavil more then anything.
The nerd king as he is portrayed, who likes custodes has remained dead silent on the matter. So.
>>
File: 1653418747471.png (273 KB, 640x686)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>92553372
Here is a idea. What about all the faggots buttblasted about GW pool their money and try to buy enough shares to have some say in the company? Put up or shut up.
>>
>>92553452

Can this please be the end of GW's quest to appease normiedom, and can it go back to being my nice scrotty comfort blanket that I don't have to think about how fucking awful the outside world's become when I'm under please?
>>
>>92553452
>If anything the biggest concert here is Cavil more then anything.
oh my god stop marching this dude around like the golden calf. Do you think GW really gives a shit what some flash in the pan Hollywood star thinks?
>>
>>92553503

No, but it's funny to make pretend. The press are gonna start inversely shitting on him with chuddy behaviour stories from the Witcher set when it's time to promote the new Superman next year anyway, and he's been reduced to starring in Guy Ritchie films. Man is balding and done.
>>
>>92553502
>Can this please be the end of GW's quest to appease normiedom
Nope, i got badnews for you anon, this is gonna last for another....proabbly 4 or 5 years still. If you want an example of how this is going to go, look at wizards of the coast and how DnD is tanking and been going down the shitter for a long time. the ride is just started anon, better buckle up.
>>92553503
He is not a golden calf, but he is a golden goose, people really really like cavil especially nerds, and weather you like it or not, amazon bucks are big and their pockets are deep. Share holders dont want that to go belly up. So if this some how pisses off cavil and he walks, thats a big loss for them.
>>92553479
You wanna know how the retards here and in the stores can help? how they can actually stick it to GW?
STOP. BUYING. THEIR. SHIT.
Its that simple, go into their store, and get your friend, and play 3rd ed 40k there, take up table space and get people jazzed about the old content, dont get them to buy new books, dont buy models, if you have to buy something buy like a paint pot so you can keep playing at the store if you wanna make a difference you have to actively show other players the game was a lot better before the shit show of 8th+
>>
>>92553452
>Cavil
>has remained dead silent on the matter

And he's going to remain silent because he isn't an idiot. He knows no matter how he responds to this, it's a potentially career ending move. Especially since he still has lingering fallout from accusations of sexism against him from his time on The Witcher.
>>
>>92553070
How do you suck a mile of yer own dick two inches at a time, Alan?
>>
>>92553556
Pff
He can just use the old creative differences spiel, or say that the story they wanted wasn't for him and the amount of time he has available. Easy fix.
>>
>>92553548
>this is gonna last for another....proabbly 4 or 5 years still. If you want an example of how this is going to go, look at wizards of the coast and how DnD is tanking
GW and WotC have been dying for the past 15 years since I started playing these games. Every single announcement is the deathknell, every new company is going to kill them, every new edition is the final straw, yadda yadda yadda. You're probably going to die before this franchise does.
>>
>>92553548
>go into their store, and get your friend, and play 3rd ed 40k there

I don't know how it is in the UK, but here in the states, you can't even play in GW stores anymore. They are usually small retail spaces and don't have space to allow people to play.
>>
>>92553595
Trust me anon i understand im a wow player so i have heard it all as well, wow is dying x is going to kill wow ect ect ect.

However, Hasbro just shit canned the head of the wizard of the coasts becuase DnD is fucking in the tubes, in fact hasbro is looking to sell DnD because its so fucking bad.
DnD has been pandering to these groups of people for the lats like 5 or 6 years hard. Lest we forget wheel chair accessable dungoens, removal of racials, ect ect. And what happened? All the fans that actually spend money abandoned them.

The same thing happened with Star wars, they pandered to this same group of people, but guess what, those people are not the ones out there who would buy multiple of the same toy/merchendise one to open one to keep sealed they are not the ones out there going to the movies over and over. These are not the people who would do all this shit.

I know you have heard the deathknell saying before, but this time, its actually happening, its just a very VERY slow ringing.
>>
>>92553070
>rumor
Uh-huh. A rumor from where? Who said it? When and in what context?
>>
>>92553638
im in the US and yes its like that, here we have like 2 tables so.
>>
>>92553653
no one actually gives a shit about that culture war nonsense, those things are losing out on profits because the product is turning to shit. DnD 4e sucked and 5e sucks too, they would suck whether or not the they/thems were part of it.
Similarly, it wouldn't matter if Custodes had tits or not, 40k sucks now and has sucked for like 4 editions if not longer.
And yet despite that, they are still insanely popular and make a lot of money. Lower profits might change to restructuring and tightening of belts, but if you think those things are going away any time soon, I have some bridges to sell you
>but this time, its actually happening
ok anon
>>
>>92553725
>no one actually gives a shit about that culture war nonsense
anon....yes they do.
Becuase what you are talking about leads to the latter of your post. A shitty culture war causes people hwo have no actual creativity or care about the thing making choices for it, which means you get a bunch of people in charge of a product they know nothing about or care about other then putting their culture war shit in it.

Thats why 40k rules wise has gone to utter fucking dog shit.
Listen im hardly ever wrong on these things, i got a good radar for when shit is going belly up and when its just sky is falling. This is the moment its gonna start picking up speed unless they course correct.
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (36 KB, 311x400)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>92553070
The culture has changed too much. The nerds of the 80s and 90s were (comparatively) well adjusted geeks who had grown up consuming masculine fantasy and sci-fi with grown up themes: Lord of the Rings, Conan, Dune. They wanted and created mature, semi-realistic, complex, and masculine settings.

Today's nerds are mentally ill weirdos who grew up watching effeminate media with a children's level of morality and complexity, like anime, capeshit, and game of thrones. They want settings that LOOK dark and morally complex without actually being dark and morally complex, because they're depressed and have grown up with nothing but edgelord anti-hero in their media, yet they also need inclusivity and a total lack of real world logic and consequences because they don't want to be reminded of how they're weird losers, so even in the grimmest and darkest of worlds women are still liberated and able to kick the ass of even the strongest man, there is no racism unless its a stupid strawman character, etc.

You can't create and maintain golden age nerd culture in today's shitty environment. You can try but it's economically unviable: the majority of the paying audience don't want 80s style scifi fantasy. Even the so called shit lords who say they do don't: how many people who browse this board do you think have actually read a single Conan story? Or Dune? Or even a 1980s Greenwood novel? How many have watched the movies that inspired the golden age of nerd culture like 1931's Robinhood, Metropolis, or Ben Hur?

You're crying for something no one wants, even the people who agree with you, and which no one can make anymore, even the people who like it. It's as fruitless as complaining about digital and wishing movies were still shot on film. Or that people didn't use cell phones. Those days are gone and not even a conscious effort can bring them back.
>>
>>92553070
>Rumour is that GW are having an emergency shareholders meeting on Monday because of the female Custodes shitshow, and Henry Cavil telling them to sort it out or he's throwing in the towel.
Would love to live in this level of delusional pink cloud every day.
>>
>>92553751
>Becuase what you are talking about leads to the latter of your post. A shitty culture war causes people hwo have no actual creativity or care about the thing making choices for it, which means you get a bunch of people in charge of a product they know nothing about or care about other then putting their culture war shit in it.
no dumbass, bad products aren't caused by "wokies". It's called a culture war because they're pitting you against people you are culturally antagonistic towards instead of allowing you to realize that corporations are the real issue. The product sucks because they're trying to minimize cost and maximize profit. The GW sculpts suck because they won't pay their sculptors enough and force them to do it cheaper and faster on digital sculpting rather than giving it soul with hand sculpts. The rules are shit because they rush them out and don't hire enough people to work on them. The prices go up because they want profit line to go up.
But they'll pit wokies and chuds against each other so we can blame anyone else but greedy capital owners for our problems
>>
>>92553783
>Lord of the Rings, Conan, Dune. They wanted and created mature, semi-realistic, complex, and masculine settings
>Settings I like are masculine
Ignoring the fact that LotR has a fuck ton of male romance undertones, dudes spend entire chapters singing about love and sadness, had statements about women in war, and was more about industrialization killing nature (something that fucking chuds rail against while doing donuts in their Ford F150s). Ignoring the fact that Dune is about imperialism over resource control, turning into worms, and how religious fanaticism is bad.
No, clearly these settings are about MANLY MEN WITH OILED CHESTS AND BIG SWORDS, NOTHING ELSE, NOTHING WOKE
I beg you to take more than 15 seconds to analyze media
>>
>>92553783
What would you call an example of complex morality, or mature moriality, in fantasy?
>>
>>92553818
>corporations are the real issue
True and I wish leftists would realize it and stop supporting corporate policies like mass immigration (of scabs) unthinkingly.
>>
File: 1680075509522420.jpg (64 KB, 585x578)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>92553962
>Ignoring the fact that LotR has a fuck ton of male romance undertones
>>
>>92553070
> When did the rot start to set in...? You do the math.

Dunno man, I distinctly recall the Shitstorm of Chaos, aka End Times part 1, were Chaos got their asses kicked hard left and right, yet Jaymes Dubya wrote it off as a "narrow victory" by the forces of order.
>>
>>92553418
A 1% drop is nothing. It happens regularly. Go to Robinhood and look at Lilly or Amazon, two of the safest stocks around, and you will see regular drops and pushes. And remember when you see charts that "plunge" down, that the ticker displays are always meant to use the full display height. So whether it is a drop of 60% or 1% on the day, it always goes all the way to the floor. Anybody trying to convince you one way or another by showing you a line on a 1D change is just trying to manipulate the uneducated.
>>
>>92553653
>The same thing happened with Star wars, they pandered to this same group of people, but guess what, those people are not the ones out there who would buy multiple of the same toy/merchendise one to open one to keep sealed they are not the ones out there going to the movies over and over. These are not the people who would do all this shit.
I've been saying this for years. They intentionally marginalized the neckbeards and dorks and have shelves of novels, posters on their walls, and bought the films 4 times each; to try to appeal to people who may have seen the movies once.
>>
>>92553725
>no one actually gives a shit about that culture war nonsense
I care. I spent tons and tons of money on MTG, now I don't because the game sucks and is full of fat black women in all the art. I could deal with pandering or I could deal with a bad game, but I won't deal with both.
Same with Star Wars. They were very clear that their target audience for the franchise going forward is not me (straight White man). Companies themselves invite culture war into it, by doing things like firing Gina Carano for having the wrong opinions.
>>
>>92553962
Faggot detected
>>
>>92553818
>The product sucks because they're trying to minimize cost and maximize profit.
How does going out of their way to make fat women models play into this? If they wanted to save money, they wouldn't have commissioned a two dozen variants of ugly lesbians with side-shaves
>>
Where is the meetings rumor from?
>>
>>92555375

I'll be the moron and tell you even though you'll reject the response since most of this culture war stuff is, in fact, just the result of being terminally online and just making up bullshit to be mad about (see almost all the mad 15 year old pindicks in this very thread) - Money. Some retard can go "uh uh BlackRock!" or whatever they want to justify where this is coming from if it helps them sleep at night. Does not matter since again - they just make shit up. But it is as simple as this: some suit, or some consulting group dictates who gets to be the token minority, who gets to be included. Think back to when you were a kid (if you are my age). Why was there exactly 1 black kid in a friend group? Why did he always have to be super smart (and or just a stereotype rapper but from a well to do family) - because Marketing said inbred Klan members could accept that level of diversity without having too big abitch fit, and it would increase eyes. If G.W sculpts BBWs (which....Where are they doing that?) it is because somebody said - yeah, you know, fat is in, you can have X fatties without causing the sports nazis, and other spergs to freak out too much, and it makes you look good :3. It is literally that simple. The response to this is then "go woke go broke XD" but - given that most schlock is making money hand over fist that does not seem to be the case.
>>
>>92555435
I agree that it is largely financially-based. But there is absolutely an ideological core behind it both financially and from within the company. You're kidding yourself if you think there isn't an entire sector of people with a cult-like adherence to the idea of diversity, and they WILL push it as hard as they can as often as they can. They are people who are terminally online, but they bring it into every aspect of their lives. And corporations like Blackrock and Vanguard absolutely push for it via ESG funding. Companies will absolutely throw in more trannies and blacks if it means getting an interest rate of 3% vs 6%, or getting selected for a trillion-dollar mutual-fund investment.
>>
>>92555506
>people with a cult-like adherence to the idea of diversity
It's just called being a normal fucking person and talking to/about people like they're people
>>
>Rumour is...
lol kys faggot
>>
>>92553962
>masculinity means having zero emotion
>>
File: 22311328._SY540_.jpg (29 KB, 382x540)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>92554052
Kull of Atlantis. Conan is the go to example of a complex fantasy hero (and basically just a more commercialized expy of Kull) but Howard really understands the mind of chivalric men who are forced to live in a world of bug people and cowards and normies, and digs deeper into that kind with Kull than he did with Conan.
>>
I don't believe any of this but I like the narrative.
>>
>>92553556
>accusations of sexism
The accusation? He told the female writers to stop changing shit.
>>
>>92555360
>I could deal with pandering or I could deal with a bad game, but I won't deal with both.
This, the modern state of 40k in terms of a game has me looking back at god damn 7th ed of all games fondly at this point.
The pandering is one thing but ill be fucking damned if im going to give money to a company that is blantently gaslighting me and publishing shit like the gatecrasher marines.

All i fucking want, ALL I FUCKING WANTED, was a place for escapism, where i dont have to deal with the constant in your face bullshit of the world, the political horse shit, the culture war horse shit, day in day out everywhere i fucking look, and for the longest time that was the 40k hobby, but just like everything else, this shit is injected into the hobby space when it has no fucking place being here.
I could have dealt with that even if the fucking game was good as well, but its not, its watered down dribble now.

God im fucking ass blasted.
>>
>>92553070
He looks like a Saxon Warlord
He should dress like one
He needs to make Space Maeries real
Enough games
>>
>>92553962
I congratulate your on your typing skills, it must be hard with all those extra chromosomes.
>>
>>92553418
Whole market dropped around 2-4% around the same time. Look up nasdaq stocks, or s&p500 and view at least over 5 days of history if you ever want a general idea of where the market is at
>>
>>92553962
Bro
Thats your trauma speaking
I love those men and want to be like them
The intimacy I feel is with their struggle
Male platonic love is life in the trenches because its hell otherwise
You gotta build each other up King
No homo
>>
>>92556851
Angry nerds should double the hurt just to get some leverage snd self respect back
They should be demanding beyter prices and variety of starter sets next
Then more playtested and stable rules
>>
>>92556891
Also GW needs to represent and advocate better for fans
Change averse does not infer nazi
That's really scummy to allow us all to be tarred this way
>>
>>92556906
Problem is GE does not want fans any more
They want customers, which means they don't care how they get them they just want more of them
>>
>>92556918
Fuck em then
I never was any kinda nazi or neckbeard, I just wanted some continuity and a fair deal
>>
>>92556918
what customers? they are just bending the knee to an ideology that cost disney 200billion it's not "bringing new customers" it's just retardation
>>
>>92553725
You don't get it, do you? The "culture war nonsense" is the herald of the product turning to shit. It's an outside symptom of internal problems, when the competent people have been replaced by the ones with "correct" politics.
Amusingly GW delivered both at the same time as I understand the new codex introduces fem Custodes and also nerfs them to shit. So people with existing armies have a reason to be mad and people who will jump on for the female models will get their shit stomped. Everyone loses!
>>
>>92553502
>can it go back to being my nice scrotty comfort blanket
Grow up and face life instead of hiding from it.
>>
>>92556753
>All i fucking want, ALL I FUCKING WANTED, was a place for escapism
You can still achieve this by just not looking at WarCom or white dwarf or by not reading any BL books
>>
>>92556881
>I love those men
>The intimacy I feel
Fag
>>
>>92556932
>I just wanted some continuity
Which GW and its creators have balked at ever since the 80s.
You are just looking at 40k through rose tinted nostalgia goggles because you got into 40k as teenager during the retarded and shitty midhammer period that none of the original fans liked.
>>
>>92556753
So now you're going to move on to some other manchild media that you think is less gay. And you're going to go through this all over again when you realize that the gays got there first.
The middle east is always looking for English teachers, just a thought.
It boggles my mind to hear anyone describe 40k fluff as an escape from real-world politics, 'politics' in this context can't possibly mean anything more than "gays and women". And maybe democracy assuming you hate that too. Every other bad political thing is present in the 40k lore and is grossly exaggerated for the sake of fun.
>>
>>92553962
There's nothing woke in them. The most woke one is Conan because people judge each other by their skin tones all the time in it.
Because wokeness is just trendy racism when you actually analyze it.
>>
>>92553556
>REMAIN SPINELESS, GOY! DON'T COMPLAIN, YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO BE CANCELLED, WOULD YOU?!
>*hand-rubbing intensifies*
You will die at the hands of your own golem.
>>
>>92557592
>>92557627
Your moral system is vapid and is rightfully maligned. Cry harder.
>>
>>92556789
>>92556753
Escapism is for cowards. Confront reality and live in the real world.
>>
>>92553091
I'm a shareholder, the rest of us are having a meeting, this guy just wasn't invited because he smells
>>
>>92557395
Bad troll post m8
>>
>>92557387
Ok King
You'll come round when you need a bro
True Dons know when 2 forgive
>>
>>92558079
Yes. The wokes are less vapid than you, less racist than you, less addicted to scapegoats than you, and most importantly they have more integrity. Their statements stem from an internally-consistent set of personal beliefs, and when their beliefs prove inadequate, they change them. This is why they are able to thrive in non-anonymous spaces and you are not. It's also why you are forced to colonize nonpolitical communities (such as this one) and politicize them. You aren't sincerely interested in games and everyone can tell.
>>
>>92558195
>and most importantly they have more integrity

Tell me you've not hung around left wing people without telling me challenge. Never trust a hippie, they are the biggest cops of all
>>
>>92558195
"The wokes" are just as toxic as "the chuds" and all the things you say apply 100% to them. They can only exist in their own bubble.
They don't wan't to exist peacefully, they're insecure control freaks that want everybody dancing to their tune and joining their cult of neurotic weakness. They'll never solve anything and make things better because it's all actully about their ego.
>>
>>92558222
>Never trust a hippie
Correct.
Remember kids, hippies are always evil in the end, and (real) punks are wholesome.
>>
>>92558222
The only reason you have the nerve to say this is because no one can see your posting history. These threads are full of people openly admitting that they only like 40k because it doesn't have girls or gays, you are odious people looking for rocks to hide under, then you cry when no rock is dank enough to hide your smell.
(And when I say "you", I don't mean "40k fans", I mean "you").
>>
>>92558235
The wokes are less vapid than the wokes? I'm sure that made sense to you.
Wokes are more visible (not a coincidence), and more willing to attach their real names to their opinions (not a coincidence), and are far more numerous (lol definitely not a coincidence), and yet the absolute worst of them are still not as bad as the people who complain about them on /tg/.
>>
>>92558240
Lol
This is so bad you have to be one of us larping
If so please stop fren
>>
>>92558240
>These threads are full of people openly admitting that they only like 40k because it doesn't have girls or gays
40k does have girls and gays, and they always have been part of it. Saying the opposite is a lie to justify turning 40k from grimdark into another rainbow power fantasy slop.

yes, there are legit chuds and shitposters. There's also a ton of anons that are indifferent to them, love them, or are full on coomers inserting them in their fanfiction.
>>
>>92553091
I've grown old enough to see the "my dad works at Nintendo" line grow up as well.
>>
>>92558275
Fair enough, I didn't mean to say "admitting that 40k doesn't have girls or gays", I meant "admitting that they only like 40k because (they perceive that) it doesn't have girls or gays".
>>
>>92558258
>more willing to attach their real names to their opinions
Bullshit. For all the attention whores and woke grifters, there's a fuckton more of them hiding behind anonymity, and that always has been one usual talking point (safe spaces, etc)
>the absolute worst of them are still not as bad as the people who complain about them on /tg/
Bullshit. They're cut from the same cloth. Insecure narcissists without real empathy lashing out at others and trying everyone around them to submit to their selfish whims.
These assholes are not about being legit "progressives" or "conservatives" and never has been. It's about power.
>>
>>92558275
I don't remember any gays
I recall few women
Based franchise desu
Not everything should feel like an HR picnic in Seattle
It's British heavy metal
https://youtu.be/7-xgVaQX4Hk?feature=shared
>>
>>92553070
Made a rare trip back to /tg/ just to see if fa/tg/uys were the cenntre of seething or if it was the Space marine larping namefags on Twitter and Youtube that were just pushing drama about a minor retcon to a lore that's only been fleshed out for about 5 years. But no, here you are making shit up to create an imaginary safe space like autistic manchildren, like always.
Cope. Seethe. Mald.
>>
>>92558313
>a minor retcon to a lore that's only been fleshed out for about 5 years.
Bullshit. It's not minor and they were fleshed out 20-8 years ago depending of how one's counting.
> making shit up
OP is probably a larper. But the points stand.
>>
>>92553091
Thanks for confirming that the BlackRock & Co. shareholders know what they are doing and DGAF because coonsoomers will give up and buy anyway
>>
>>92555346
Yes, then let them pander to the vocal minority. 3D printer go brrrr.

People used to refuse to play with self-printed magic cards, not anymore because of Black Aaragon.
>>
>>92556753
Well, you only can fight for your own space. Be the Warhammer.
>>
>>92558404
>People used to refuse to play with self-printed magic cards, not anymore because of Black Aaragon.
Adorable.
>>
>>92558329
And that's been retconned to not be the case. It's a fucking bizzare thing to be mad about. They aren't gene seeded, they don't stop your Space Marines being an all-boys club. The 12ft power armoured Custodes killing machines might be female, but otherwise the story is the same. We might even get some model variety of new heads for helmetless models.Far bigger retcons have happened in the past that rewrote entire factions, but because it's a gender thing, you guys are losing your minds.
>>
>>92558423
Nah its tarded and you should drink poison
>>
>>92558423
I'm still convinced that it's mostly nogames who are losing their minds. You have to understand how much of the current user base is only here to complain about culture.
>>
>>92558423
Ork Custodes are more believable than female Custodes because Orks already are stronger than Humans, only need psycho and genetic conditioning.
>>
>>92558460
>what is the Emperor's mastery of genetics
>what are stable mutations
>what are bionics
>what is power armour
>what is actual space magic
Yes, I'm sure the muscle density differences between modern humans and those chosen to be Custodes are valid concerns, brainlet.

>>92558450
My poison is the tears of 30 year old men who unironically say things like "woke" and "snowflakes", but tantrum about a game of toy soldiers saying some of them can be girls now. And brother, I've not known thirst all week.
>>
>>92558423
It's not about the gene-whatever excuse that allows it. As a lorefag I even agree that it doesn't go against how Custodes are made.
But custodes were designed to be a male brotherhood on purpose, with the sisters of silence as their opposites. Just like marines and sororitas.
All their lore up to the final HH book from earlier this year is about that. GW even made minis of Valerian and Aleya from the Watchers of the Throne books.
>Far bigger retcons have happened in the past that rewrote entire factions
Nope. These were factions with little lore or it was actually expanded. Oldcrons do actually still exist as part of nuCrons.
And even then, a lot of fans stil complained about those changes even when GW did the homework of introducing it more or less properly with new models and books to explain it. People still seethe about primaris and has nothing to do with gender.

But in this case, femstodes since the start are a lazy retcon that fuck ups 20 years of lore without reason and without explanation. If GW had bothered to create a narrative about them, something as simple as "the Emperor wills it" that it's a legit Custodes thing that happens, people like me wouldn't be complaining.
>>
>>92558491
>And brother, I've not known thirst all week

Jesus Christ we are getting high on our own supply
>>
>>92558459
I'm convinced that it's mostly shallow paintfags who are pushing for this. People that know the 40k universe know that there's plenty of women in it. Including the Talons of the Emperor.
>>92558491
> tantrum about a game of toy soldiers saying some of them can be girls now.
see above. There's no lack of girls in this setting.
>>
>>92553372
> anyone with a robinhood account
Lmao.
You don't invest. You literally can't get GW stock on Robinhood
>>
>>92558516
+1 bro, few get it. Brotherhood exists to protect the Emperor. Women create tension and drama. Any boss who has hired women can confirm, you can literally smell the oestrogen when their periods sync.

If you worked around women, you'd know this.
>>
>>92553548
> the GW cuck LITERALLY can't stop playing their games and advertising for the company, even when butthurt.
You want to hurt them then stop playing any game they ever made and stop engaging with their content. Completely. You bitch tier half way measures still prompt the company and the value of the IP they 100% own.
Oh?
You are too much of a little bitch to look beyond GW games?
Then you are literally the captive audience and the problem.
>>
File: b5c.jpg (141 KB, 716x551)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
People want lore and plastic weightlifters with boobs so they can identify better with brainwashed roided up slave soldiers?

I think the casuals brought in by youtube and Henry might be missing the concept of 40k where no one is a hero by modern standards. It would be more obvious if they wanted female Khorne berserkers who are almost the literal embodiment of toxic masculinity and violence, but point still stand that Custodes are murdering ab-human assholes who would gut literally anyone they think the Emperor is better off without.

It is like wanting to roleplay as an extreme satire of Trump's secret service
>>
>>92558542
>No lack of girls
Actually don' disagree or pretend there aren't before this. When maybe 60% of all models ever designed for 40k are some variant on "man in power armour", though, you gotta wonder why we need yet another faction which is more of the same If you want manly men in power armour, that fantasy already exists. You want BETTER manly men in power armour? Grey Knights are fucking rad, they can solo greater daemons! You want a capable female Imperial character? You gotta drop back a few power levels to someone objectively weaker in every regard.
I don't see why there wouldn't be women who have the potential to become the best of humanity, it doesn't remove masculinity from the setting, it just means the very top echelons of power don't care about gender, and the best of the best are valued equally at the Emperor's side.

>>92558524
=)
>>
I hate how everyone has been so mindbroken by modern media that they look for some savior figure to fix their life and hobbies for them. If you really want to save 40K then take matters into your own hands and firebomb GW HQ.

If even the communal, hivelike japs can be individualistic enough to solve problems themselves then why can't you?
>>
>>92558641
>You want a capable female Imperial character? You gotta drop back a few power levels to someone objectively weaker in every regard.
Both types of Sisters kill Astartes all the time. The very first image of a Sorotitas in RT was her killing a marine.
They're extremely capable women with complex cultures and the apex of normal humans.
>I don't see why there wouldn't be women who have the potential to become the best of humanity
Neither Astartes or Custodes are "the best of humanity". That's a red herring and their whole point. They're the monsters and tools of an absolute dictator. Custodes even have free will removed, ffs. Custodes are more "souless" than Sisters of Silence, which are still fully human and so aware of reality than that's the reason they originally were made into a vow of silence to simbolically stop them for spilling the secrets of the Imperium.

But shallow fans that only read GW marketing and miss the iceberg below do not get it.
>>
File: archgun.jpg (76 KB, 441x517)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>92558655

Some of you are alright, don't go to Lenton tomorrow.

How would the media even report on it if some fat neckbeard called in a bomb threat at Warhammer World because of girl models?
>>
>>92558711
>called in a bomb threat
What a pussy. Unless you're doing that just to get them outside so you can Truck of Peace them then all you're doing is causing a mild disturbance. Make an actual scene, motherfucker.
>>
>>92558711
alot wouldn't touch it thinking its minor prank
Some would tout the tired old "Racist, misogynies gamers blah blah" but no one really listens to their shit anymore.
>>
>>92553070
I didnt know Alan got fired. I thought he was the last Warhammer OG standing. Explains a lot actually, especially the timing.
>>
>>92558711
They would demonize people against femstodes just like they're doing now.

It would be better if it was a bomb threat at Warhammer World demanding female marines so everyone realizes who actually are the crazy people here.
>>
>>92553479
This is what I've been saying for years
>>
>>92558491
Blah blah blah.
The fact is they are ignoring the actual women in favor of this uncreative bullshit.
>>
>>92558751
It is weird that not a single one of these mass shooter weirdos, left or right, thought to even try to false flag. I get they arent exactly the most intelligent and stable collection of incels and troons you could gather but you'd think one of them would have given it the old college go.
>>
>>92553962
Kill Yourself
>>
>>92553962
Welp. there it is.
The stupidest fucking thing I will see today.
>>
>>92553070
>>92558750
OP is a larper and a liar. Alan was actually behind AoS.
Here's a recent interview with him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSgtqUCTpi0
>>
>>92553070
Merrett was a support of AoS and probably Primaris too.
>>
>>92558770
>It is weird that not a single one of these mass shooter weirdos, left or right, thought to even try to false flag
Some fat cunt that was mad Hillary lost in 2016 did exactly that, actually. He bought a MAGA hat and tried to stab a muslim, but was stopped by two white men who actually voted for Trump. The news tried to use it as a big smear against Trump until people started looking into his FB account where he was a hardcore Bernie Bro and literally posted about how he will falseflag as a MAGAtard to "show the world the evils of Trump" or some shit like that so then the whole event just got memory-holed hard.
>>
>>92553070
>He's the guy who's stewardship turned Fantasy and 40k from their respective Tolkien/Moorcock Dune/2000 AD mashup spoofs into the iconic settings we grew up playing

So he's responsible for ruining 40k? Okay, thanks, I'm going to kill him
>>
>>92558516
Respect the response, even though I disagree about how much it really changes anything. Amazing we can disagree with and still have a nice chat about lore and it not be tinged with buzzwords and insane autism on 4chan of all places.
>>92558551
>you can literally smell the oestrogen when their periods sync
But then posts like this happen, and I'm happy GW change the small changes to the lore that chase these types of men away from the hobby.

>>92558758
>ignoring actual women
The women who already play armies they like are already customers of the game. Selling the hobby to new audinces with "men are objectively more important than women in every echelon of society and combat" isn't really something to draw female players in. You can tell by how many men project onto Space Marines are fuming about the idea that women might be cast as equally capable.
>inb4 I'M NOT MAD ABOUT THAT
Some of you aren't. A lot of people definitely are just spamming -4Str shit about how women are inferior and need to remain that way.
>>
>>92558807
>>92558491
>reddit spacing mass replier
I'm impressed you've gotten as many bites as you have, but then /tg/ is the easiest board to bait.
>>
>>92558781
NTA but
>Racemixing produces heroes and demigods, Aragorn is descended from all 3 elf hosts and all 3 major Edain houses
>Race-mixing panics have happened and were generally a bad thing
>Multiculturalism repeatedly saves the day, also the goodguys repeatedly doom themselves by bickering over race/culture
>Eowyn's arguments with Aragorn and Faramir
Wokes don't understand Eowyn because Eowyn only makes sense as a criticism of a patriarchal status quo, they want to imagine an egalitarian status quo and then somehow recreate Eowyn within that status quo, also Aragorn and Faramir make great argument, also Eowyn is more than just a girlpower figure (she's also a king's heir corrupted by an evil vizeer, and she also transcends gender to serve as a universal soldier figure, just a terrified young person who grows up with stories and then has to face the real thing, Merry has no idea that he's saving a woman he thinks he's saving Elfhelm).
I don't read any homoerotic undertones in Tolkien, but I also don't blame people who do, Tolkien truly wasn't allowed to be gay or to sympathize with gays. It's like when someone at GW says "I have no problem with female custodes", you might respect the person but you can't respect that opinion because you know it's a mandatory opinion.
>>
>>92553070

Behold, the man who thought GW had invented and named the halberd.

I say reinstate the crazy fucker. Can't be any worse than the cunts currently running the brand into the ground.
>>
>>92558824
Everyone who brings up reddit on 4chan is a mental midget. You people got kicked out of your previous homes so you migrated here and you immediately started to accuse the locals of being from reddit.
>>
>>92558802
The more you know
>>
>>92558874
>dynastic lineagemaxxing is now "woke"
But I thought only those ding danged dirty nazitrolls and alt-right chuds played Crusader Kings/
>>
>>92558750
>>92558787

Merrett was fucking loathed by everyone who worked for him, and the OP's almost definitely taking the piss, but you can't help but notice the creative decline in the eight years since he left.
>>
>>92558516
Chudding aside, it does wind me up that the complaint that
>it is misogyinistic that all the existing men are cool and all the existing women are lame
is followed by the demand to make the men into women, rather than to make the women cool.
>>
>>92558879
Gw did invent the halberd
You think they are making billions just to fuck around
They invented the halberd by way of time travel, of implanting it in the past
Those idiotic Duncan threads, meh, if GW wanted someone killed they could easily do it
We saw Pinkertons called over Magic Cards
Maybe u guys need to wise up a little bit eh pisanes heheheh
>>
>>92558969
>to make the men into women
This isn't happening here, every femstode was offscreen up until now, no custode is changing from male to female.
It did happen to, say, Leit Kynes in the new Dune. That's different.
>>
>>92558969
>make the women cool.
But 40k women ARE actually cool. It's a running theme every time Sisters of both types met marines/custodes the ways in which they're better than them and how they are respected.
And both sisters of Battle and of Silence have a dim view of how autistic/unhinged the transhumans can be. They don't worship or follow the men at all save the same one that everyone else in the imperium does.
>>92559017
>every femstode was offscreen up until now
This is a cop out when for 20 years Custodes have been defined by being male. Their hellenistic/byzantine culture is all about it.
>>
>>92558965
>Merrett was fucking loathed by everyone who worked for him,
i guess it must be true since i don't see him ever mentioned by the other big names in GW/FW/BL despite his importance, but what made him so hated?
>>
>>92559065
The rapes
He would just get so drunk and rape
>>
>>92559099
GW has always tried to appeal to children:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ERmUzs1O5E
It changes nothing about the actual minis, game and lore.
>>
>>92559115
Shit I didn't realise Space Marines were real
>>
>>92559017
Every femstode was a man, it was a brotherhood etc. etc.
We have femfemstodes, they are Sisters of Silence.

>>92559045
>But 40k women ARE actually cool.
That was my point, I meant that was what was whined, not what was true.
>>
>>92553962
Excellent bait
>>
>>92558195
>when their beliefs prove inadequate, they change them
Dude, bait has to be at least *somewhat* believable, there has to be some lingering doubt in the mind of the reader whether the poster is actually serious or not.
>>
>>92559115
90s GW has always tried to appeal to children. There was a time before Kirby.
>>
>>92557515
>gays and women
Don't forget trannies and disability rights whingers. And your last point would have more punch to it if all the faggotry, troonery, and holery currently being injected into the IP was also "grossly exaggerated for the sake of fun" instead of just being shat out on the table while they demand you watch and treat the turd with due reverence and humility.

And honestly, when are you fags going to give up this pretense that only frothy-mouthed tiki torch-waving basically-Hitlers are annoyed by this shit? I'm bisexual and all the way down in the bottom left of the political compass, and I'm just as fucking sick of it as Hans there. Just. Fuck. Off.
>>
>>92557090
>>92557841
Escapism is healthy and has always existed in civilisation. Nobody can be plugged in 24/7. Nobody can have 'fulfilment of their dreams' 24/7. Life, reality, the world- they are cruel, ugly, hurtful and painful. People can accept and deal with this, but cannot deal with it if it is constant exposure without any relief, which is what "everything is political" does. It provides a constant interminable exposure to ugliness and grief and pain and cruelty, whether your own or others. The people who push this clearly have no empathy, as exposure to suffering of others hurts people who do have empathy, and people cannot endure being hurt 24/7 without a break without being driven insane. At that point, people will be broken dogs, consenting to anything for relief from pain, which is the real point of 'everything is political' and 'no escapism'. It's not to address problems, face the real world or 'fulfil dreams'. It's to break people until they consent to your power in the hope you stop the hurt.
You literally cannot be exposed to constant politics and reminders of suffering, and survive with your sanity intact, if you have empathy.
>>92553962
I am beyond tired of people like you. You're the sort of person who codified Dean/Castiel as gay, who slashfic every example of male affection while also railing against 'toxic masculinity' and masculine stereotypes. You insist it's okay for straight men to show emotion, affection, sensitivity and closeness, while simultaneously projecting a desire to code every such display as homosexual in every piece of media possible. You are a contradictory empathy-devoid hypocrite hiding behind a mask of niceness to inject yourself everywhere. You are a fascist with a sugary smile.
>>
>>92561081
/thread
>>
>>92558969
Agree with this but moreso with
>>92558708
The idea that Sororitas/female characters are below male characters in power level is bullshit. Maybe I'm biased because I play Eldar & they've always had a lot of female rep characters, but Sororitas' entire deal is their sheer devotion & faith makes them equal or at times greater than Marines. Living Saints are literally unkillable.
But in particular:
>Neither Astartes or Custodes are "the best of humanity". That's a red herring and their whole point.
This is what drives me insane about left activist types. They simultaneously say that the point of the Imperium is an indictment of fascism (correct) & it's bleak satire not to be viewed as good or heroic. Then they want to increase representation for themselves & their self-inserts in this evil fascist empire, because it's important/good for people to see themselves in protagonists. They view it as making the IP more morally good by adjusting every faction to include every self insert, while also saying these factions aren't supposed to be good as a way to rubbish political opponents who identify with that faction as good guys. That inherently makes that faction more of a 'good' faction by their own logic, its the root of what people mean by setting/tone creep.
You have left wing "I must see myself in everything or it is bad, representation is a moral need" types, wanting avatars of themselves in a faction they identify as a dystopian theocratic evil regime. So either they're insincere about what their motives are & just want to destroy products other people like, or are self-defeating idiots actively changing the setting to be more shiny goodie-baddie without realising or admitting it.

How can they make a theocratic fascist dystopia more inclusive, without making it more good in their own eyes? How is that NOT changing the tone & setting- the key point of grief. All while refusing to engage with factions that HAVE the representation they crave, already.
>>
>>92559115
that technically is not a GW game they just provided the models and allowed MB to have it take place in 40k, same with HeroQuest/Battle Masters for WFB
Advanced Space Crusade is entirely GW however
>>
File: 1701335833336530.png (1.4 MB, 1337x1400)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>92553962

Found the Twitfag
>>
>>92561081
Yup this really is /thread
>>
For myself i've simply stopped buying anything from GW. Me and my friend are now playing older editions only and any model I need my chinaman got me covered. Fucking done with GW
>>
>>92553070
>When did the rot start to set in...? You do the math.
I think Horus Rising released in 2006.
>>
>>92553070
Merrett was unquestionably good and his loss is clearly part of the problem, but most of the time, particularly in this sort of enterprise, the real problem is not the leadership, but functionaries within the system itself who sympathize with some gay political idea and use their slight power to give things a little push in that direction. This is Conquest's Laws in action.

You can resist this, and you should, but the unfortunate reality is that these people are essentially a eunuch class, they have no genetic legacy--most of them are gay, or troons, or such low ranking men that they could never hope to reproduce, or the sort of dumb bitch who marries a corporation and dedicates her maternal obsessiveness to the job. These people have no mark except the ways in which they can warp the place they work. Some stupid cunt editor at a localization company changes dialogue, why? Because she wanted to be a real writer, and instead she is a slave translating gook moon runes into English. She resents it. She adds a Reddit meme to Shin Megami Tensei 505. One little victory, like some archeologist student carving his name into a bowl extracted from a neolithic trash pile. One little scratch, and it is done, I am permanent, I will exist forever.

When you view this as what it is, it is far more pathetic than it is given credit for. They are vandals out of pain, hopelessness, self-loathing, and guilt. This is also why they react the way they do. To them, this is existential, to their compassion-starved brains this is a matter of erasure, having their little guy flag torn down is the equivalent of burying them alive. As such, it also makes victory more sweet. Even being confronted causes intense psychic anguish, they invent threat to rationalize their terror. This is why they jump immediately to what they fear, to call anyone who spots their deranged vandalism for what it is a Nazi.
>>
>>92561081

you see anon, i could agree with you, but then i remembered that the backdrop of this whole shtick is femtodes. if thats enough to ruin your warm blankie then good, get fucked, life should fuck YOU harder than it has, because clearly you are not suffering enough.
>>
>>92553962
Was it Tolkien or Lewis who said that the sort of person who always sees faggotry in normal friendships is the sort of person who has never had friends. So now we've got a whole society in which a measurable percentage, substantial, openly admit to simply never having had friends. And now everyone seems to interpret and write all of their characters as faggots.

Hmm... I sense a pattern here.
>>
>>92562307
Is this the new strategy? HUU HUU HUUUUUU U CAN'T COMPLAIN THAT WE WANNA TURN YOUR GAME INTO HAZBIN HOTEL HUU HUUU HUUUUUUUU NO NO NO YOU CAN'T NOTICE NO NO NO YOU HAVE TO JUST WALK ALONG INTO THE FURNACE NO NO NO CHUDS YOU CAN'T FIGHT BACK NO NO NO

How about no? How about you stop licking shit off of the boots of giant corporations and communists? It's pathetic that you'd do either, but both at once?
>>
>>92562307
>What is death by a thousand cuts
>What is Chinese water torture
>What is the final straw

It's fun to try belittle something as insignificant. If you can't understand how multiple individually tolerable grievances can accumulate until it is burns like a large aggrievance then it's you who has never suffered much if at all. Everything is fine in isolation but everything adds up and nobody experiences anything in isolation, including a hobby. The people pissed about this have experienced multiple things similar in multiple hobbies, again that is the point of "no escapism, everything is political". By its very nature it is endless small reminders and endless small insertions and interjections and changes, that's the purpose of hyper politicisation - that nothing,no matter how small or trivial, is allowed as an escape.
And you know that. But you are an empathy devoid power hungry sociopath bitter at your own life experiences and craving revenge rather than preventing others from experiencing the same, so you lie and obsequiously misrepresent others.
>>
>>92553070
D.E.I. and E.S.G. are inherently anti-merrettocracy.
>>
>>92553783
Ummm I have, hasn't everyone here?

Have you?
>>
>>92558874
>NTA

You have to go back. This is the wrong website.
>>
>>92553070
Save us bruthuuur!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.