[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Now let us hear about that sickass game book idea you had.
>>
File: file.png (3.97 MB, 2048x1365)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB PNG
>>92557057
Veins of the Earth but themed around the idea of runaway urban infrastructure creating miles of forgotten subways, maintenance tunnels, catacombs, bunkers, etc which are infested with horrible creatures who are slowly leaking into modern everyday life. Venture into the depths and brave the underground nightmare ecosystem to cleanse the district and buy your neighborhood another month of innocence before the slow apocalypse rolls over it. Finding equipment gets progressively harder as supply lines break down and people go missing. Exhaustive but non-clunky rules about climbing and urban exploration to add mundane threats and obstacles that intermingle with encounters with the supernatural. Dubiously effective black market charms and rituals that might save you or summon a space ghost. Possessed crackheads and also normal crackheads which serve as enemies, bait, and potentially a food source if you are desperate.

I will never make this because I am busy with other better things so it doesn't matter if someone steals it or not.
>>
>>92557057
a game where you play a sociopathic keyboard jockey looking to become an information broker and steal other peoples ideas for your own gain.
>>
>>92557318
Would play.
>>
>>92557057
Randomly generated characters must escape a prison spaceship before it explodes. They need to complete objectives like fueling the escape pods or retrieving the captain's keys in order to escape. The layout of the ship changes each time so they can't always rely on the same escape method. Some of the characters are imposters or escaped prisoners. This is important because faction determines how the NPCs react to the character entering a room. There's also a boss roaming around. It can be a monster intent on laying eggs inside people, a psychotic prisoner with a machete, the warden in power armor, or whatever.
It's a complete ripoff of that one board game, but I'm absolutely positive it'd make a great pick up game.

>>92557318
Great concept. I'd buy the book just to see what kind of monsters you'd cram in there. If you need some inspiration, I think Nightmares Underneath has a somewhat similar premise but in an Arab fantasy setting.
>>
File: Space_Pirates.jpg (529 KB, 750x1000)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
>>92557438
Sounds sick. I had a similar idea for a dungeon crawler where players have to escape a spaceship overrun with space pirates. The main difference, beside being a board game, is that the game would have a two-faced board with two different layouts where objectives and enemies would be randomly distributed. I thought of expansions exploring other scenarios in the same setting like being hunted down on an uncharted planet following your escape, and your game would definitely have potential for other books with different settings and mechanics.
>>
>>92557393
maybe someday someone will make it

>>92557438
>Great concept. I'd buy the book just to see what kind of monsters you'd cram in there. If you need some inspiration, I think Nightmares Underneath has a somewhat similar premise but in an Arab fantasy setting.
It would be very based on things like modern urban legends, Trevor Henderson type creatures, and the already existing RPG setting World of Unremitting Horror/Esoterrorists. Except that instead of being an agent of a society that hunts the supernatural you're some poor schmuck delving into the horror subway for cash and maybe making things a little better for you, locally, which may or may not be shunting the problem elsewhere or making the world worse off overall.
>>
>>92557057
Conan Vs. Space Aliens
>>
A game for short sessions where you play as a faceless expendable mooks trying to kill the generic heroes (referee) or stop them before they can complete their objective. Similarly to Goblin Quest, each fragile mook corresponds to a HP on a health bar and players constanstly switch to another mook as they drop like flies to the heroes (or just bad luck), until none is left to stand in their way. The game ends when all heroes or mooks are decomissioned, or if the heroes fail or succeed in their mission.
>>
>>92557318
If that ran on a fast-moving, relatively rules-lite system like D6, and if it had an optional system for supernatural stuff (mutants, psi/magic, Gaiman's Neverwhere), I'd play the hell out of that, anon. There are so many different media you could mine for inspiration, and actually a lot of different options for adventures - including roguelike subterranean urbex!

What are the "other, better things"?
>>
>>92557057
I just want a good frostpunk setting. Give me endless frozen wastelands and tiny hovels with a single burning fireplace as the only think keeping the party alive till dawn. Going to put together a frame work for it on monday.

>>92557318
Look at Estoteric Enterprises. As I understand it Cavegirl put a lot work into a similar setting. As
>>92557393 said would play.
>>
>>92557057
Basically it's just City of Thieves except you can actually go back and explore a bit more before the bottleneck fight. That being said, yes I'm reading City of Thieves right now and yes I'm mad because I didn't get the fucking hags hair despite having an otherwise perfect game.
>>
File: file.png (452 KB, 526x797)
452 KB
452 KB PNG
>>92557318
Esoteric Enterprises + pic related gets you 99% of the way there.
>>
A game designed specifically to run campaigns starring cute gay boys. Instead of restricting character creation to a selection of classes or achetypes, players would build their PCs by picking traits that define their personality and skills - for each additional positive trait, you would have to pick one negative trait or more. The rules would accommodate for a variety of genres, settings and tones, whether players wish to run a comfy fantasy campaign where the PCs hug and kiss under the stars or a depressing sci-fi thriller where the only way for them to feel anything is to fuck each other's mind out. One could generate settings from tables, one of which would include the place of homosexuality in the world - from being an oppressed minority or accepted to the norm. A bond system would be at the heart of every campaign, as PCs would benefit from bonuses or maluses depending on their relation with the PCs and NPCs - acquaintance, friend, lover, rival, etc. Nothing would keep you from including and playing girls, but the book would encourage you to make them pathetic jobbers doomed to being cucked and/or irredeemably evil villains, while even the most evil twink in the campaign is deserving of love and redemption by comparison.[/spoilers]

TL:DR: Fushoji The Game
>>
>>92563191
based based based
>>
>>92563191
>A game designed specifically to run campaigns starring cute gay boys.
As slaves?
>>
>>92565227
You could definitely run a slave campaign, despite the game being primarily designed with twinks going on gay adventures and humiliating women in mind.
>>
File: 952934e_540.jpg (47 KB, 512x512)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>92557057
Styled after the Persona games, you play as a Necromancer, a person who has awakened to psychic powers after suffering a near death experience.

With the emergence of a new technology called the Veil, the boundries between the world of the living and the dead has grown thinner and you are tasked with investigating and gathering as much information before attemping to perform a Katabasis and resolve the phenomenon before its presence can affect the Veil and the world of the living.
>>
>>92566999
> Styled after Persona games
Do PCs summon spirits to fight for them? I was hoping for that when first reading your post.
>>
>>92560891
Nta but I just read through lowlife and it's been a blast. Thanks for the suggestion mate
>>
>>92557057
Fantasy skirmish game that models chain of command
>>
>>92557057
Okay, so it's like Dungeons & Dragons, except...
>>
>>92557932
>frostpunk
Sounds interesting. Points-of-light setting, survival mechanics... can't wait to see what comes up on Monday!

>>92557932
>>92560891
>Esoteric Enterprises
This sounds like something I'll have to dig into.

I've been feeling all kinds of nostalgic lately for the "/tg/ gets shit done" days. VeloCity, Night Shift, that kind of thing. Other than one anon who was doing a ton of work last year on old-school Forgotten Realms material, the last successful project I can recall seeing worked on around here was probably Lancer.

Be nice to have a return to those days, wouldn't it? (Says the anon whose personal goals are to take the Star Wars REUP project and apply the same principles to Ghostbusters and Classic Traveller... not that anyone cares.)
>>
>>92568321
>>
File: no.gif (306 KB, 486x916)
306 KB
306 KB GIF
>>92568321
>>
File: 1641861439385.gif (1.92 MB, 320x514)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
>>92557057
It's the Dominions game but you play it on the tabletop! Your goal is to stop the Ascension Wars by taking out the Pretenders! You pick what Age of the world you start in as a group which decides what races you can play! It's fuuuuuuuun!
So I submit to the council.
>>
>>92568583
Have made a bit of headway with it. Good fun coming up with this stuff. Currently modeling it off 5e (even though I hate it) with the hope it makes it more accessible to the normies.
>>
>>92557057
A Victorian era game about cops vs rioters where everyone is a bug.

Red ants are communist agitators, bullet ants are cowboy gunslingers, moths are crazed fire cultists, flies are criminals who live to eat, bees are just having a big dance, etc.

The cops are all kinds of bugs wearing English bobby hats and carrying truncheons.

The cops start with 100 points and the rioters smashing stuff and causing chaos causes them to steal those points and gain them for themselves. The coppers have quite a few advantages over the rioters, and can only escalate as high as the rioters do. Once they go below a certain threshold, they can start killing rioters or using their guns instead of their truncheons, and they have a number of mission objectives they can use to recoup lost points like seizing the riot leader alive, or killing a certain number of rioters. Rioters just need to cause a certain amount of damage and accomplish a single goal, such as breaking a big statue or stealing gold coins. The rioters have faction specific victory conditions, for example, moths get points equal to the number of things that are currently on fire, including the moths themselves.
>>
>>92578335
>moths get points equal to the number of things that are currently on fire, including the moths themselves.
BASEDBASEDBASED
>>
>>92557057
Cool image
Who’s the guy in the pointy hood

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.