[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Previously: >>92547134

>OFFICIAL Commander website, where you can learn the rules, see the current banlist, and read the format philosophy, laid down by the rules committee:
https://mtgcommander.net/

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com/

>Deck List Sites: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net
https://www.archidekt.com
https://www.moxfield.com

>CARD SEARCH
https://scryfall.com

>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM

>how to proxy using any printer
https://mtgprint.cardtrader.com/

>TQ/prompt:
What's your playgroup's viewpoint regarding drugs and alcohol while playing?
>>
>>92563488
Generally stores don't allow drugs and alcohol inside.
>>
File: CalamitySquad.jpg (1021 KB, 2680x936)
1021 KB
1021 KB JPG
I think this combo is really cool and wanna run it in something but I was wondering who the commander should be. One last job needs the other three cards to all be in the graveyard so I'm thinking adding ether black or blue could help get the other pieces in the yard. So any ideas for a good commander?
>>
File: file.png (695 KB, 488x680)
695 KB
695 KB PNG
I love my Yuriko deck because i love both Ninjas and topdeck manipulation, but i'm thinking about changing it for pic related simply because as it is it's just too powerful for my playgroup. How are they as a ninja commander? Seems solid enough, play evasive beaters and ninjas to make as many dragons as possible to swing for lethal
>>
Thirty (30) starting life is objectively superior to fourty (40)
>>
File: tmp-59-dream-cache.jpg (273 KB, 672x936)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>92563488
People who use decision-impairing substances while playing a game that requires you to make decisions will almost always lose, get frustrated, have their high ruined, make everyone else uncomfortable when they start (loudly) voicing their frustration, and act put upon when asked to leave. I've watched that pattern play out many times in many different game stores. The most my personal group does is have some beers while playing, but nobody wants to lose because they got drunk.
>>
Gay Bolas
>>
File: ddk-63-recoup.jpg (176 KB, 672x936)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>92563560
You could just go red/white and lean on all the draw/discard effects available in red.
>>
>>92563663
I have both a Satoru+GG deck and a Yuriko deck at different power levels, although the Satoru deck is more dragon tribal than anything. It's pretty fun but definitely much weaker than Yuriko. A buddy of mine also has a Satoru+GG deck, except his is goblin tribal. The commander is pretty open ended which is cool imo.
>>
File: gisa.png (156 KB, 265x370)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
Any zombie bros around? i'm debating if the new Gisa is worth replacing Grave titan in my deck, in theory she buffs zombies but might make less tokens since outside my turn i dont have much interaction to trigger her effect
>>
File: 224931.jpg (158 KB, 744x1039)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
Rate my custom commander, chihiro the kagurabachi
>>
>Jokingly say the blue player can put extra turn effects back in his deck as long as they're Last Chance and Warrior's Oath
>He comes back with a grixis deck
>Stifle on loss trigger
>Tale's End on loss trigger
>Discontinuity on loss trigger
>Trickbind on loss trigger
WHY DOES THIS COLOR GET SO MANY OPTIONS TO CHEAT
>>
>>92563721
true enough, though again I'd at least like the commander to interact in some way with the strategy. Maybe by looting a lot or by like somehow tutoring pieces
>>
File: lazytown-crimes.png (3.89 MB, 1347x1876)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB PNG
>>92563746

Here's how I like to reliably commit Crimes.
>>
File: 242353453454.png (150 KB, 475x475)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>92563801
>Jokingly say the blue player can put extra turn effects back in his deck as long as they're Last Chance and Warrior's Oath
He rule'd zero weird shit, what a retard
>>
>>92563834
might mess with these since i run field of the dead anyway, thanks anon
>>
>>92563801
Blue is the protagonist of Magic the Gathering and it's time you non-blue NPCs realize it.
>>
>>92563834
Maze of Ith is what a gay man uses when he's a homosexual. I hate that card. I hate being held down by that card. I love me combat.
>>
>>92563834
Impetus would only commit a single crime (when it's initially cast) regardless of how many times it comes back from the grave, fyi
>>
what are the most fun graveyard decks
>>
>>92563950
Interesting. Why is that? Each time it comes back to the battlefield it has to enchant a creature and that involves targeting, right?
>>
File: regular-1698218512.jpg (132 KB, 685x986)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>92563974
Mycotyrant Loampox
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mushroom-kingdom-mycotyrant-loampox/?cb=1707679416
>>
>>92563943
thanks for sharing your latent desires timmy
>>
>>92564020
If an aura ETBs and it wasn't cast, it still attaches to a legal card but it doesn't go on the stack and therefore doesn't target
>>
>>92564020
When auras return to the battlefield they instantly attach to your choice of relevant enchantable permanent otherwise they'd die to state based actions upon returning; to note this is how you get around hexproof and shroud with auras.
>>
>>92564093
>>92564100

Well then, I learned something new. Will still probably keep Ghoulish Impetus in the Crime deck becuase it does work and is hilarious.
>>
>>92563691
>smoke a shitload of grass while playing my monogreen deck
>bring out increasingly big monsters and slap other players
>win because no one takes green seriously
>>
>>92564131
Yeah in my experience the card has always been consistently good, especially if you know the edge case to bypass shroud/hexproof/ward.
>>
couple questions about this lazav, so the cards exiled with him, can you repeatedly pick them like a second hand to play with? since they are exiled by him would you be able to pick them again if lazav were to die and you recast him? or would you have to start fresh
>>
is feather boring?
>>
>>92564238
I have played EDH for over a decade and the original feather is the single most boring commander I've ever played. New feather might be more interesting but I haven't seen it in action.
>>
>>92564198
The second effect refers to cards specifically exiled by the instance of Lazav that used the first ability. So if you were recast him, blink him or whatever, any previously exiled cards are "forgotten", so to speak.
>>
File: sth-1-bandage.jpg (262 KB, 672x936)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>92564277
thanks for the headsup, might build her just to get it out of my system but i imagine durdling drawing cards off cantrips with no real gameplan sucks
>>
>>92564305
The deck does have win conditions but it is so numbingly dull to sit there for several turn cycles spinning the same cantrips over and over until you find it. If you're looking for a Heroic-style deck I'd strongly advise playing something else like Hinata instead. Or try the new Feather and report back
>>
>>92564305
I have a Feather deck and she's pretty funny. Use a lot of group burn creatures like Guttersnipe, Urabrask (The Saga one), Kessig Flamebreather, Electrostatic Field, Thermo-Alchemist, Firebrand Archer and Erebor Flamesmith while keeping a hand permanently stocked with a variety of Cantripping protection spells. There's also the thing of how so many mediocre Instants and Sorceries become absurd when they can be repeatedly cast turn after turn. I once had Feather, Zada and a collection of goofballs all at like 13/14 or bigger from repeated Angelfire Ignitions.
>>
>>92564346
At least this one has good art, I'm not really sure what the hell is going on with the old Feather art. I get it's just Wayne Reynolds art being like that, but it doesn't really look like she should at all.
>>
>>92564423
Wayne Reynolds' art really only seems fitting in Zendikar and Jund.
>>
File: otj-55-loan-shark.jpg (150 KB, 672x936)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>92564445
It's good for whimsy and spikey shit, at least.
>>
>>92564238
Feather is quite boring, obnoxious and oppressive to play against, and extremely linear. I like to include one or two mind control effects in my U decks just in case I run into a Feathertard as it basically causes them to lose (but really they work great against any totally commander dependent deck)
>>
>>92564423
>>92564445

I think the only issue with that art is all the vivid orange, yellow and red he used all over makes the small amount of her fleshtone seem blue-ish in comparison.
>>
>>92564499
Yeah, Feather almost seems like she has blue/purple skin in it, feels off.
>>
What are the most fun Reanimator decks?
>>
File: ons-184-aether-charge.jpg (260 KB, 672x936)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
What's the best commander / deck to make use of this janky card? I really want to find a home for it.
>>
>>92564656
Mayael the Anima
>>
>>92564558
Nethroi
Mimeoplasm
Aramui
>>
>>92564238
Extremely boring
>>
File: IMG_0800.jpg (140 KB, 672x936)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>92563943
Nukedv the same guy's Maze in back to back games. Shit was so cash
>>
>>92563488
>TQ
Do whatever you want while you play as long as it doesn't impair your ability to play or impact the fun of the group at large.

I had some friends over at my place for commander, I had to kick one person out for being too drunk to function. Ordered them an Uber, next time I saw them I gave them back the things they forgot.
>>
>>92563560
This is a super underrated commander that can help you by letting you reuse other things you toss in the yard while trying to dump your combo pieces
>>
>>92565162
Forgot pic
>>
>>92565183
>>
File: 533921.png (423 KB, 421x588)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>
>>92562745
just won a game with this, thank you for a nice deck
>>
>>92565198
seems alright
>>
File: shadowheartchefdeck.jpg (269 KB, 1278x1600)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
Post full decks, go
>>
>>92565238
Really hate the current trend of just naming spells after every day turns of phrase.
>>
>>92564301
damn, understandable but still lame :( for a bit more mana he could have been a fun commander
>>
File: Sefris.jpg (165 KB, 672x936)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
Anyone have any experience with Sefris?
>>
>>92565577
i bought the precon and never did anything with it. i never opened it
>>
>>92565577
Yeah, she's one of my favorites. Her ability synergizes with a lot of things, but i built her as a "draw-go" deck where i just pass the turn holding up interaction and also cards that allow me to draw cards while putting others in the graveyard at instant speed like Faithful Mending and Fact or Fiction, it works well since her ability triggers once every turn so ideally you can get multiple triggers per turn cycle. Also in my experience the Tomb of Annihilation is the best dungeon to run since it drains everyone and the discard/sacrifice effects can be used to trigger her ability, but it should go without saying that you should also probably run every single card that grants the Initiative because the Undercity is extremely overpowered, even more so because the Throne of the Dead Three will cheat one of your reanimation targets directly into play with counters and hexproof.

She's pretty powerful provided you don't absolutely hate dungeons as a mechanic, and can be built in several different ways since so many things trigger her ability like self-mill, discard, sacrifice and etc. Just make sure you also run some other sources of reanimation so in the case she gets killed 3-4 times and you can't cast her again the deck still functions
>>
>>92563746

Any sacrifice crime effect is absurdly good with her, since she feeds you the fuel. Altar of Dementia goes great in zombos as-is, and means you turn one Zombie into two on every players' turn.
>>
norns annex in taii wakeen or is it too much of a meme
>>
I have a friend that I plays derevi stax, which deck counters it?
>>
Anyone built Zirilan? Wanna go the full monty and use WG Dragon + Worldfire. Can he keep up in today's meta?
>>
>>92565965
yes he can keep up... but once they know you're going to WG they'll never let you do it again
>>
>>92565965
A tutor on the command zone is, well, they'll see it coming and be ready
>>
File: 1000002202.png (173 KB, 265x370)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
Been having a lot of fun with Rilsa Rael as a clones pile lately. Similar play pattern to an average tron list, but trades turn 2 facesmashing for interaction and ability to pivot the gamelan at instant speed, with Vorpal Sword and Etrata as backup wins.
>>
File: 1694964784602106.jpg (151 KB, 672x936)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>92564656
Mite be cool. There's a non-trivial number of cards that create Beast tokens, and you get access to colors best at searching for and protecting it.
>>
>>92563488
We take a drink every time we hit the player with the least life.
>>
>>92565577
Loot effects are great. Clones also help power through the dungeon and are a reanimation multiplier. Oriq loremage is an mvp since he entombs every turn cycle.

>>92565651
Tomb is terrible for her and any dimir dungeon deck really, because the Acerak + Rooftop Storm combo is an easy win.

Even if you're not going for that, IMO it is not great, because the room effects that trigger in Tomb which feed the graveyard have probably been triggered by her once per turn ability in the first place.

Lost mine is pretty much the best dungeon for almost any deck, because getting card advantage and treasures (the goblin tokens don't trigger her venture ability because they're not cards) any deck wants anyway, and the easiest way to control the board is through the plethora of Plague crafter clones which also trigger her venture the turn you play them.

Undercity is second best but the initiative only sends you there if you're not already in a dungeon.
>>
My friends birthday is coming up and I want to make him a few custom proxies featuring characters from his favorite video game series, Mass Effect.
I've already decided that Commander Shepard will be a Jodah, The Unifier proxy but I don't have any ideas for somewhat appropriate cards for other characters. If anyone can give suggestions I'd appreciate it.
Characters I wanna do
>Tali
>Garrus
>Wrex
>>
It might be too much to encompass with a single deck, but I want to turn picrel into a real monster hunter deck rather than deathtouch tribal. I like the idea of killing big creatures and then getting resources (card draw, treasures), to craft equipment and get even better. I think I want equipment as a payoff.

Maybe there is a better commander to accomplish this theme? Him basically holding a Jawblade is already pretty hard to top.
>>
File: file.png (1.19 MB, 672x936)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
This card annoys me a lot because i really like it but at the same time why did they go for the fucking Iron Hands for the artwork? This is such a Mechanicus card. It should have been the admech. Fuck the Iron Hands, lame ass legion
>>
>>92564473
I've never run into a feather deck I ever could have hit with a mind control. They've always holding protection and blinks
>>
>>92563488
why did mesmeric orb jump over $10 in price the past in 2 months? is there a modern/legacy deck using it?
>>
>>92567211
No, the Mothman precon dropped and it's fun to play so people bought upgrades
>>
>>92567211
The Wise Mothman caused the spike
>>
>>92566592

>Tali
Saheeli
>Garrus
Taii Wakeen
>Wrex
Kresh
>>
>>92565767
wouldnt that not trigger a crime since its not targetting them?
>>
>>92567363
the sacrifice doesn't target, but dementia's activated effect targets. it wouldn't work with phyrexian/ashnod's.
>>
>>92563488
>What's your playgroup's viewpoint regarding drugs and alcohol while playing?
We all do dabs and smoke Js and sometimes I drink too but not usually. Nothing better than playing MtG while high af
>>
File: en_mpoZsEkf0y.png (187 KB, 265x370)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
Has anyone built this guy? I generally don't like Azorius but Adeptus Mechanicus are my boys.
>>
>>92566592
>not adding in Mordin as Yawgmoth, Thran Physician
>>
>>92567059
I hate it because it's a dead card in the fucking precon as you will never cast it
>>
I think I'm gonna commit to making omnath
>>
>>92567447
True, it has almost no synergy at all in the deck it comes with, but it's great in artifact creature beatdown decks like esper Urza
>>
>>92567499
which one
>>
>>92567505
it's a good card but I've never seen them put in a card into the precon that actively fucks up the rest of the deck if you cast it
>>
>>92567522

>actively fucks up the rest of the deck

Anon, you realise it makes your creatures into artifacts when it ETBs, right?

I've played against the precon a lot and I've always seen it be used to good effect
>>
>>92567522
I think they just really, really liked the design and pushed it into the final product because they're unlikely to have the opporunity to print it elsewhere
>>
>>92567530
it's good when you are ahead and then once you are wiped it then proceeds to fuck you over the rest of the game.
You use it to win or never cast it ever
>>
>>92567520
Gruul one
>>
>everytime i think of taking ghostly prison or propaganda out of my decks i friend one v ones me with a wide deck
shits saved me so much
>>
>>92567853
they are good cards because most players aren't willing to spend 2+ mana to do 4 damage.
>>
> Be browsing reddit
> See post: recommend me commanders for deck that does X
> Read comments: Y commander that draws you a card whenever X
I can't anymore. Every deck is some different flavor of chulane. People have stopped playing cool cards.
>>
>>92567929
Drawing cards is cool though
>>
Ive been playing with this card recently and it is really fucking fun. Say what you want about commander design playing blackjack is a winner.

First I used it in pia nalaar with cards like surge to victory to copy it a bunch and storm off, but recently i have it in roxanne for as a big mana payoff and card advantage spell that i can regrowth back 2-3 times in a game.
>>
>>92567929
Would you rather have it be a commander that tutors X?
>>
>>92567929
>Play a commander that draws cards
Vs
>Fill your deck with the same old card advantage cards every single time because your commander doesn't draw cards

Like honestly at this point I pretty much exclusively play commanders that draw cards because it makes the game more interesting
>>
File: image-75.png (418 KB, 293x750)
418 KB
418 KB PNG
>>92567958
The number of blue pips in the deck increases as the wincon gets worse.
>>
>>92567929
> Be browsing reddit
You have to go back
>>
I kinda wanna play a trostani lifegain deck without a major token theme. Is there a way to convert lifegain into a win without doing the gay ol felidar/test of endurance line or am i sol and gotta put those in if i want any chance of closing out games?
>>
>>92567991
There are really limited ways to win through life gain, it's basically fieldar or aetherflux
>>
>>92567991
a lot of easy ways to convert life gain to +1/+1 counters
>>
>It's no fun having big stompy get counterspelled, that's why we're making more counterspells specify noncreature
>Also we're going to start printing stax pieces on creatures with flash that win the game if unanswered on the very same stack
>>
>>92568043
It's not even Creatures: the Tappening anymore, it's Creatures: the Entering. F.
>>
>>92567946
Completely missed this card on release, looks like it would go great in my jund spellslinger deck.
>>
File: 1683841252599265.png (2.7 MB, 1343x936)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB PNG
>>92566633
cool deck idea, these two unrelated cards came to mind if you are planning on sticking to golgari
>>
File: 67356746846747456.png (159 KB, 514x292)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>92567968
anon, haven't you heard?
>>
>>92568224
Yeah it's my fault for not finding non-generic low-cost value pieces that synergize with "resolve a specific 9 cmc card with 5 specific cards that all cost 7 or more still in the deck". I can only wonder why this deck isn't at the same level as thoracle turbo cEDH.
>>
>>92563691
Why don't we get art with soul anymore
>>
>t2 Taii
>t3 Unruly catapult
>t4 activate Taii for 3, activate Catapult, End the festivities
> dealt 36 damage and drew some cards
Yeah I'm liking this girl
>>
>>92568508
Oh shit i misread the card, i thought only one target would receive extra damage. This is kinda nuts.
>>
File: 1688863843333911.png (1.08 MB, 976x679)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>92567991
>>
>>92568508
The damage needs to be exact for you to draw anything.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (139 KB, 672x936)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Should I?
>>
>>92568643
I know, but 4 damage across the board ought to hit something
>>
File: inv-295-assault.jpg (256 KB, 672x936)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>>92565523
>current trend
>>
File: dis-38-bond-of-agony.jpg (175 KB, 672x936)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>92567991
If you truly want make a deck that turns lifegain into power, you must take the blackpill
>>
this guy is bullshit
>>
File: otj-213-kellan-the-kid.jpg (155 KB, 672x936)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>92568924

Correction: him with the new Kellan is bullshit.
>>
>>92568924
kos commander, also 5 slop, disgusting
>>
>>92569037

I keep one around stocked with all the legendary pulls I never really intend to use. I use it to teach newbie players why their deck needs more interaction.
>>
>>92567421
Sounds like a lot of work for not much of a payoff.
>>
>Both Saurons
>OG Etali
>OG Jin-Gitaxis
>OG Sheoldred
>Nezahal
>Ilharg
>Cavern-Hoard Dragon
>Ancient Brass Dragon
>Gisa, the Hellraiser
>The Scarab God
>Combustible Gearhulk
>Gyruda
>Rakshasa Debaser

I have two or three more slots for a Grixis Reanimator slot. What else should I throw in there for reanimation targets?
>>
>one shots you
>>
>>92563691
Nerd lmao. Hypocritical one at that
>grrrrr this thing
>hehehehehe my group does it but we don't do it bad!!!
>>
>>92568508
Got a decklist? I'm interested in building it. Are you a burn player? How do you like it compared to mono red options like Imodane or Ojer?
>>
This has been the most fun deck I've made in awhile. https://www.moxfield.com/decks/si_EuP9-TkeGtclH_4tR7A
>>
>>92563894
Yea that actually check out. Every time I think theres something blue cant do that other colors can a random blue card pops up proving me wrong time and time again
>>
>>92564346
Isn't this just a worse version of Zada?
>>
>>92564163
Who's your mono green commander stoner-anon?
>>
>>92563691
Marijuana doesn't impact decision making to my knowledge. Any studies on it doing so?
>>
>>92569375
I like the daemogoths
>>
>>92569480
She can duplicate Auras, too.
>>
>>92565238
Pretty good in Purphoros Bronze Blooded when you cant find a wheel to refill your hand, you can just sit on it
>>
>>92568905
Im suprised how many people are unaware of this card, its a incredibly easy win in B/W lifegain decks. All you need is one more life then everybody else and pray it doesn't get cancelled
>>
>>92569256
>always has it
>>
>>92567946
>>
>>92569520
So she can, I'm dumb
>>
>>92568905
>Fucking slaves, get your ass back here
>>
>>92569625
Not big on this card since there are plenty of double sided cards in my pod.
>>
>>92568905
This reminds me of the "first time?" hanging meme.
>>
>>92568691
always better in 99 rather than cz
>>
My artifact deck just spins it wheels in place generating random value with which I'm just generating more value
How to actually win?
>>
File: file.jpg (269 KB, 672x936)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>92569375
I dunno about demonic taskmaster. The cmc to power rate seems really bad and I'm not sure why you wanna sac creatures in your upkeep. At the very least I'd try to get something out of it with this guy. Or slot in fireshrieker/blackblade reforged for very quick commander damage.
I'd also suggest at least some mana doublers like regal behemoth to make use of your absurd card draw. And amulet of vigor to untap the lands you get to cast the spells you draw. And lotus cobra.
>>
>>92569849
It actually stops double-sided cards (Delver, werewolves, etc) but doesn't stop morph/disguise creatures.
>>
>mana screwed 8/10 games last night
i know i'm gonna drown right after but yeah probly need more mana rocks
>>
>>92570094
mycosynth lattice and vandalblast
>>
>>92570121
You can't use it on double sided cards
>>
>>92570149
Literally what he just said.
>>
>>92570134
How many lands you running?
>>
File: mtgjetm.jpg (1.02 MB, 1170x1148)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>92570214
36 in naya, given i dont have alot of the money lands
>>
I want to make a Golgari deck
Should I go with The Mycotyrant or new Gitrog?
>>
>>92564346
>and pay 2
And into the fucking trash it goes.
>>
File: 1713717145488.jpg (146 KB, 672x936)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>92570105
I appreciate the input and I like the idea of amulet and blackblade, however I have a hard time thinking about squeezing in a mana doubler since out of the few games I've played once you 1-2 swings in you are going to net a significant amount of lands and it almost seems pointless and for the reason I chose demonic taskmaster is for the theme. He's whipping the Gitrog thinking he can control it however the beast can't be tamed and unfortunately eats him
>>
My group has this weird, unofficial, frowned-upon list of cards that includes the usual staples like Rhystic Study, Esper Sentinel, and others, plus doubler effects like Doubling Season, but Fetchlands are okay.
How do I abuse this and introduce my group to the brokenness of Fetchlands?
>>
>>92567929
I'm pretty "do thing, draw a card" pilled at this point. My most recent commanders would be totally non-viable without that source of card advantage.
>>
>>92570443
senseis divining top in every deck
>>
>>92570443
Play a landfall deck with Crucible etc.
>>
>>92570443
You're stupid as fuck lol, you can't build a deck that will make your playgroup "ban fetches." They're just powerful mana fixing, who cares?
>>
>>92570327
Both are pretty boring choices anon!
>>
>Ferrous for all-Boros tribal
>Lilah for all-Izzet tribal
I hope they keep this trend up.
>>
>>92570443
I hope your friends see this post and stop being friends with you. You seem like the worst type of person
>>
>>92570456
I'm too stupid to understand.
Funny enough, a friend introduced his new deck today with "I've got this infinite combo I'm not going to use that uses Senseis Diving Top and a Cost Reducer.

>>92570464
Do you have any suggestions for a Commander?
>>
>>92570443
Exploration effects and crucible of worlds to fetch out your whole mana base on the table i guess?

I mean it's neat to have functional manabases not sure why you would wanna ruin that. I can understand house ruling cards you probably seen a million times doing it's thing already to get some variety.
>>
>>92570490
post lists here are mine
lilah: https://archidekt.com/decks/7192621
ferrous: https://archidekt.com/decks/6111359/geernal_golems
>>
>>92570510
>running mono-colored cards
No anon, you cut those and go all-in on multicolor.
>>
>>92570510
Where the fuck is your sunforger?
>>
>>92570443
fetchlands are boring because people have to spend a lot of time shuffling, simple as
>>
>>92570495
The ones I've personally played are
Slogurk for commander damage, it's pretty basic but fun self mill/ramp
Or Archelos. This guy if built right is insane ramp and stax. If you're wanting to oppress and annoy your pod I'd recommend this guy
Something like this https://www.moxfield.com/decks/2vQrGOIm6U-20TgrNkIdbA
I added more stax stuff later on
>>
>>92568691
extremely cheap to make him strong, but kinda boring to play, since all you do is play cards that put more than 1 creature onto the battlefield
>>
>>92570273
you have no card draw and 10 too many win more cards
>>
>>92568691
Any deck than can use him, should. Fuck your friends.
>>
File: 1713703428285989.png (270 KB, 496x476)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
>want to tone down the sweat in my dorf commander deck
>Want lady otaria as the new commander
>Set symbol is the commander deck so I buy the commander deck for 30 dollars
>Deck comes in the mail 2 weeks later
>Card isn't in the deck
>DAAAH WE PUT DA COMMANDER SET SYMBO ON DA CAD BUT IT COME OUT DA BOOSTER PACK
Imagine if wotc spent all their time on the quality of this game instead of coming up with Hebrew nonsense
>>
>>92570946
>didn't do his research on a $30 product and bought it
lol
>>
>>92570969
My bad for thinking wotc could make a product that was straight forward and simple and didn't require research to figure out where it fucking comes from lesson learned never buy sealed product ever
>>
>>92571009
Why would you buy a whole sealed product for one card, retard-kun? Did you not check the whole list to see if it had cards you like?
>>
File: 1710184804417625.jpg (31 KB, 500x482)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>92570946
>>92570969
What's the point of set symbols if they don't match the set the card came from?
>>
>>92570946
>bought a precon for a 50 cent card that you could look up that isn't even in the deck

Based low IQ magic enjoyer. Did you get something cool from the sample pack at least?
>>
>>92571017
>You honestly thought the card with the commander set symbol actually came out of the commander deck?!? What a retard!!!
>>
>>92571152
>Why would it have the set symbol of a product it doesn't come out of? Do you seriously support this dishonest bullshit?
>>
>>92571210
How many set symbols do you want every set to have? I'm not supporting this shit but in the latest set there are 5 different set symbols and noone knows anymore where cards are from. Back at Dominaria United it was at least established that some commander cards only drop from packs, if you took about 5 minutes to do some elementary product research.
>>
>retard has a meltdown over 50 cents
I love this general
>>
>>92571258
How about it has the set symbol of the product it comes out of like they've been doing for decades? Pretty simple and straightforward
>>
>>92571180
You didn't answer the question.
>>
>>92571301
>Retard defends purposely dishonest tactics
It's no wonder this game is in its current state when it's infested with dregs like you
>>
>>92571346
Because I figured the deck would have several cards I could put to use and it does but it doesn't have lady otaria the card I wanted the most
>>
>>92571367
Why would you ever "figure" a deck has cards you want without looking at it? Are you stupid?
>>
>>92570203
Why the fuck was he responding to reiterate what I just said? I swear to god you people sometimes
>>
>>92570946
>inserting your political obsessions randomly
mental illness
>>
Are the denizens of r/edh the biggest weenies on the internet?
>>
>>92571367
You bought a 5c multicolor matters painbow pw commander deck on the assumption that a dwarf-matters 2c legend would be in it despite dwarves almost exclusively existing in mono R

This isn't even a recent change. I remember people here pointing out umbris wasnt in the dimir MID precon and that was an entire year before dmu
>>
>>92569497
Nta but mine is Thrun. Yes I'm the worldslaying thruntard
>>
>>92571367
Hey buddy I'll meet you halfway. WotC are retarded and you are retarded.
>>
>>92571470
Is he complaining about the thing they've explicitly stopped doing, the thing where they put Commander-only cards in the Set Boosters that weren't in any of the precons? Because that's a thing they stopped doing with Play Boosters.
>>
>>92568508
Do a thing draw a card
>>
>>92570779
kinda expected him to be boring but I've got him lying around and not sure what to do with it
>>
What are some decent """aggro""" commanders that aren't voltron or tribal?
>>
File: who-9-clara-oswald.jpg (128 KB, 672x936)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>extended art version 5 dollars
>surge versions 8-14
stop being expensive for no reason, fat mary sue bitch
>>
>>92567946
What a baller card, it's like the red Ad naus. Perfect for my monored storm deck
>>
>>92570495
>Do you have any suggestions for a Commander?
just be a nigger and play aesi or something
>>
>>92571497
Yes, the cards like footpath purifier that are made for commander but aren't in any precon.
>>
File: file.jpg (191 KB, 672x936)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>92571531
just fucking get they ass
>>
>>92571605
What God awful flavor text
>>
>>92571423
>Card's one and only printing has the commander set symbol
>It's not in the commander product
Why would you need any other reason?
>>
>>92567946
is it just me or does the icon next to the artist always remind you of a buttplug

anyway cool card, I want to try it in taii
>>
>>92571490
And I'll not meet you at all and call you a retard for defending this at all
>>
>>92571470
Don't pretend like wotc doesn't put questionable as hell shit in these precons regularly
>>
File: SET ME FREE.jpg (173 KB, 500x404)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>92571693
Bud if you any of us are defending WotC you are retarded, I'm just here to point and laugh.
>>
>>92571668
>>92571693
>>92571717
>retard buys 50c card for 30$
>still doesn't get the card
>spergs out on forum when called out for it
Please continue. This getting funnier with every addition
>>
>>92571567
Yeah, they stopped those, the last ones were in LCI.
>>
>>92571457
They're among the weeniest magic players, but damn if there's some significantly worse groups on that damn site.
>>
>>92571539
Stop buying this shit then
>>
>>92571664
Man fuck off. Sorry it's not like your marvel movies.
>>
every single time I sit down at my LGS it's "high powered but not quite c"
but I only have mid-to-low and meta cedh decks so most of the time I end up playing something underpowered and having very little impact in the game
how do I tell people to either nut up and play proper competitive or chill out and play fun decks with interesting win conditions
>>
>>92571790
I love watching two people arguing past each others points endlessly. Its a conversation where both guys have subscribed to the "its not enough to win, others must lose" mindset.

>you should check that the card you want is in the thing you're buying
>it's not unreasonable to expect that a card with a commander deck set icon would be in a commander precon, and wizards are wrong for printing it that way

Bot of these things are true.
>>
>>92571913
>if there's one thing an anon hates
>>
>>92571912
dumb response
>>
You might not like it, but this is what the peak mono-red performance looks like
>>
>>92571976
>>it's not unreasonable to expect that a card with a commander deck set icon would be in a commander precon, and wizards are wrong for printing it that way
This logic has never been correct for commander precons, since the precons always come in sets. For instance if you were dead set on getting pic related, perhaps you should look up a decklist before buying the Naya or Jund precon from Capenna.
>>
>>92572184
Forgot to attach
>>
>>92572193
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
>>
>>92571913
Nta, but it’s not?
>>
File: file.png (1.58 MB, 816x1111)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
>>92571531
>>
Anyone else built the rock pussy commander?
>>
>>92572480
I'm not a furry but would
>>
>>92572512
Build a deck with her as a commander?
>>
what commanders capture this vibe?
>>
File: file.jpg (138 KB, 672x936)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>92572480
4/3 is too weak to reliably create manarocks on attack
pretty good in a treasure generator deck
>>
>>92572403
if it wasn't for the flavor text
>>
>>92572623
I plan to do a dumb Deathmantle combo deck with it. Or rather, include it in the deck. I'm even considering on taking one of my Docksides out of one of my decks just for this one. It's probably a bad idea because it won't be a powerful deck, but just for the headcanon butthurt it will cause.
>>
File: file.png (1.32 MB, 672x936)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>92572683
I mean, that's a proxy
>>
>>92572403
>charges into combat with no regard for personal safety
>one might describe this as...suicidal
>>
File: NacatlWarPride__54189.jpg (506 KB, 919x1280)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
Ninja art, shadow clone jutsu
>>
>>92572480
She seems like she might be decent in the 99 of something. Might try her in Xenagos but she may end up being too low impact.
>>
>>92572586
This artsyle is so fucking ugly holy shit
>>
File: bane, lord of darkness.jpg (179 KB, 1080x1449)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>92572586
>>
>>92572586
>>
>>92573017
She seems perfect for Ziatora.
>>
what commanders capture this vibe?
>>
>>92573337
...It bothers me that he has fingernails, I have to say. Especially because he DOESN'T have toenails.
>>
>>92573475
I didn't notice that
it's super weird to give a frog fingernails
>>
thoughts?
>>
>>92573520
a lot of neat infinite combos and can be fun at cedh level
if you're not explicitly going for infinite combos he's probably just OK considering most equipment you'll be running will give your creatures some other kind of protection
>>
>>92573420
Argus Kos; Geist of Saint Traft; like it or not Kaalia especially with the art from double masters
>>
>>92572586
Am I supposed to know or care what this is
>>
>>92573629
Based on the art style I think it's from Hazbin Hotel
>>
>>92573520
I use him as "protection" in my mardu equipment beatdown set
>>
File: inv-103-dredge.jpg (232 KB, 672x936)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
my heart goes out to all the kino that's long been outclassed
>>
>>92573917
Its only a matter of time until we get this but draw two cards.
>>
>>92573975
MH3 mythic common
instant
black - sacrifice a permanent: draw two cards
>>
File: khm-117-village-rites.jpg (161 KB, 672x936)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>92573975
?
>>
Gruul wincons?
>>
>>92573999
>or land
>>
>>92574026
I've played and played against a few gruul decks now and all of them had different ways of winning the game you need to be more specific.
>>
>>92574026
valakut, ramp, and land recursion
>>
>>92573420
>Heliod
>Lots of angels
>Lots of red/black hate cards
>>
>>92573420
>>
What are some good synergies with pic rel as commander? I wanna have a food-centric deck for casual play cuz I love this lad conceptually.
>>
>>92574129
Getaway car, decoction module, greenbelt rampager, rambling possum and roaring primadox all return things to your hand to replay things in G.
But using zombify effects mixed with cheap or free artifacts like ornithopter with myr retriever/junk diver and a sacrifice effect to loop them over and over will get you lots of food tokens.
Run that enchantment that lets you tap food for mana from Wilds of Eldraine
>>
>>92572480
it annoys me that the best way to upgrade my svella deck with this would be to just replace svella as the commander with it
>>
>>92574271
it do be like that sometimes
>>
>>92574129
the various food-oriented hobbits are good and fit flavorwise
>>
>>92572536
Oh I'd command her alright
>>
>>92563488
>What's your playgroup's viewpoint regarding drugs and alcohol while playing?
We'll drink while playing. Having a few beers or a whiskey cocktail while doing any kind of gaming is enjoyable. None of us smoke. Occasionally we've got edibles, but I don't enjoy playing when I'm stoned. I can't focus on the game thanks to the weed, but I can't enjoy being high because I'm trying to focus on the game.
>>
File: file.png (3.13 MB, 1344x936)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB PNG
>>92574129
soup's on, baby
>>
>Trying to enjoy FNM
>Doctor Who player shows up
>Digs 42 cards into his deck by playing his commander one time
>Equips Obeka with colossus hammer
>Plays this and wins the game
>>
>>92574438
Forgot pic
>>
>>92574438
mad cuz bad
>muh ub
you lost
>>
>>92573337
zesty froggy wins
>>
>>92574438
Why did Obeka with a hammer let him get 13 doctors...?
I have a doctor deck and no way in fuck will I ever win with that thing.
>>
>>92571957
Make a deck and accept that you don't get to choose how your community plays :^)
>>
>>92574129
Lich Knight's Conquest is fucking insane in that deck
>>
File: file.png (1.21 MB, 672x936)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>92574569
Because Obeka with a hammer would give him 12 extra upkeeps.
>>
>>92574816
He had 13 doctors in his hand? I am guessing he was very graveyard based
>>
File: 1662411685692525.jpg (30 KB, 667x670)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>92574447
Based doctorfag
>>
File: 1701659170250351.webm (1.93 MB, 640x640)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB WEBM
>>92574447
absolute chad
>>
File: mh1-7-ephemerate.jpg (148 KB, 672x936)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>92574823
Clara is an effect doubler in the command zone that gives full domain access so you can realistically find 12/17 (Arcade Gannon counts for some reason) targets off her and an Ephemerate with the 14th doctor.
>>
File: Time stuatus-stopped.jpg (32 KB, 223x310)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Post cards you don't see often but you swear by. Pic related has won me so many games. Makes my pod's players seethe.
>>
>>92574420
Holy shit that's a spicy soup
>>
>>92575185
Waiter? Someone shat in my soup!
>>
>>92575175
Time Warp costs (1) less.
Discontinuity can cost (4) less and the worst-case drawback is an extra blue pip instead of colorless.
>>
>>92575190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxRnenQYG7I
commanders for this feel?
>>
File: IMG_5599.jpg (133 KB, 488x680)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Any decent ways to tick down life totals as mono white other than flyers?

I have a package for this kithussy that basically fucks anyone who decides to attack me via lifegain/deathtouch/untaps. I’m thinking monarch/stacks but all the damaging effects are off white
>>
Give me the most fun, honest commander. I'm going to just netdeck. 800 dollar limit.
>>
>made Will deck
>made Will proxy that was just art of my waifu
>win game with deck by double casting Approach
Good day
>>
>>92575396
Etali, primal conqueror

Let me guess, you need more?
>>
>>92575396
lady orca
>>
>>92575396
>cheap and aggressive body
>can be built in multiple ways
>simple effect that affects the gamestate
>literally no one will bitch at you about it
>>
File: Time Stop Xth Foil.jpg (30 KB, 323x450)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>92575175
The foil version is a thing of beauty
>>
>>92575175
one of my favorite plays ever was somebody dropping the red version of this and then responding with lithoform engine copying the ability they were trying to stop
>>
>>92575159
I have no clue how that would work but ok
>>
>>92575175
Now I want to use this once to infuriate my group
>>
>>92575200
Checked. Also, I’ve never seen discontinuity, thanks anon! I play a creatureless Talrand and love this effect.
>>
File: 1712767257311885.jpg (70 KB, 596x352)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>92575414
I'm in a rut. Every game I'm archenemy, even when I'm mana screwed. It just gets old. I played 3 games earlier and it just pissed me off. pathed my chasm skulker, countered my umbris turn 7, kept swinging at me because I was 'open' leaving me at 5 while everyone was 35+ turn 6, removed my sol ring turn 3, and the only thing on my board is temple bell and I missed land drops, it's a fucking jank silly deck with 3 counterspells, 2 removal and 2 board wipes, not even control. I don't want to have to keep making my decks bullshit tier to handle 3v1, I just want a chill fucking deck that doesn't trigger random players autism into seeing something they haven't seen, and immediately sperg out.

>Don andres outlaw deck with new obeka as secret commander with 30~ creatures
Too weak, looks scary, get focused. Has little removal or draw, just a fun deck, which isn't fun when focused

>Auntie blyte
looks too strong, gets focused, will probably just ramp it up into solpheim burn or ruric thar grug tax and get a real wincon

>Umbris mill, not horror tribal
dont even know what to do with this, either needs to be high powered or taken apart

>Obeka
get focused too much, too strong.

>Magar of the magic strings
most fun deck, but high powered

>esper draw deck
fun deck, but becomes archenemy

>curse deck
super fun to play, but becomes arch enemy
>>
>>92570946
>be retard
>buy something you didn't want
That's tough buddy
>>
>>92575534
>have Clara on the battlefield
>play the 14th Doctor
>reveal the top 14 cards of your deck and put all doctor cards in your graveyard
>do it again because Clara doubles the ability
>play ephemerate
>reveal the top 14 cards of your deck and put all doctor cards in your graveyard
>do it again because Clara doubles the ability
>play Gallifrey Stands
>get all doctor cards in your graveyard to your hand
>because you got to dig 42 cards deep you have a good chance of having at least 11
>swing with hammer Obeka
>get 12 upkeeps
>put 12 doctors from your hand to the battlefied for free
>Gallifrey triggers and you win the game

Is that in simple enough terms for you?
>>
>>92575791
If he had enough mana and enough pieces on the board to do all of that, and you din't stop him, you deserved to lose. That said, Obeka is bullshit and I fucking hate her
>>
>>92574129
Cranial Plating and Nettlecyst are pretty good with how many artifacts you should have lying around
Orhan Frostfang and other deathtouch effects are great
Journey to Eternity and/or cheap black protection spells let the creature hit the graveyard before reviving them, netting you food and triggers in the process
Green and Black have a lot of good Flyers with ETBs. I crammed in a few to help deal with pesky airborne fucks
>>
File: file.png (1.24 MB, 672x936)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
This damn brat... spreading +1+1 counters.... needs removal correction....
>>
>>92575642
Azorius stax with proxies.
If you can't have fun nobody else is allowed to.
>>
New MH3 leak:
>Thought duress
>B
>Each opponent reveals their hand. You may choose a card for them to discard. You lose 1 life for each card discarded this way.
>>
>>92575642
$800 is a high cash limit for commander, commander is pretty good at regulating power per dollar, if you find yourself being constantly targeted or 3v1’d, then I’d recommend lower the power of your decks to fit your playgroup(s).
>>
File: de7.jpg (59 KB, 680x907)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>92576224
>use one of my under $200 decks
>IS THAT A COMMANDER THAT ISNT DO THING DRAW?
>UHHHH
>HELLO? BIG THREAT
>TARGET #1 BOYS
>WE GOTTA TAKE HIM OUT REMOVE THAT SOL RING
>OH HE COUNTERED THE 3RD REMOVAL? LOOKS LIKE HES ASKING FOR MORE
>GOOD THING WE BUILT UP OUR BOARD WHILE WEVE ALL BEEN REMOVING HIS
>HEH, NEXT TIME, MAYBE PLAY A DO THING DRAW COMMANDER..
>>
File: IMG_5601.png (141 KB, 223x311)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
Can I use Inspiring statuary to pay the squad cost of creatures? If so, it would be even better in my inquisitor greyfax deck.

Also pet peeve
>looking up how people build greyfax for inspiration
>included cards that would obviously be xeno and therefore out of theme for the imperium

I can’t cope
>>
>>92576280
Sounds like your playgroup is cancer man, the only options I can think of are to ditch those faggots for a new one or go even crazier in your spending/proxies to be an unstoppable whale.

Either way, you have my condolences
>>
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/F-4e3KFwsUW9P6-0n0yJlQ

what do you think?
>>
>>92575642
I know this curse
>>
File: file.png (525 KB, 398x554)
525 KB
525 KB PNG
Rate my decks
>Jhoira artifact storm (this one is my favorite)
>Admiral Brass pirate tribal
>Lord Windgrace lands
>Varina zombies
>Xantcha chaos
>Jodah legendaries
>Flip Avacyn voltron
>Aminatou sagas
>Breena pillowfort
>Silvar and Trynn humans
>unchanged Mothman precon
>Nicanzil explore
>>
>>92576283
" When calculating a spell's total cost, include any alternative costs, additional costs, or anything else that increases or reduces the cost to cast the spell. Improvise applies after the total cost is calculated. "

Yes.
>>
>>92575530
>anon plays with cheaters.
Read Lithoform Engine you retard.
>>
>>92576347
go ahead and explain what you think is stopping somebody from copying an ability on the stack after it's been responded to with an instant
>>
>>92564346
Not the anon you were talking about but nu-feather is great, i run it.
>>92570345
The important detail is that you can target creatures that aren't yours, at the cost of 2 mana.
>>
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/sMd4lAYfFkmxiSUmww1U4w

Picked out this deck. Should I just order from the chinaman?
>>
>>92576391
yes, order from the china man. i built my own variant of that type of liesa deck about 2-3 years ago. it was fun. i didnt like random shit like kozilek being in decks like this, so i had to go make my own variant of it.
>>
>>92576347
>anons friend plays a red "end the turn" spell to stop someone else getting an ability
>for some reason he wants to copy it but also stop the first one
>you're too dense to infer
Go ahead and fucking off yourself illiterate faggot.
>>
>>92576430
meant for
>>92576371
>>
>>92576430
the stack resolves newest first, if you cast glorious end, then respond to it with a macdougal class spell, it's fine.
>>
>>92576437
are you a different retard? anon's story is implying he is ending the turn so someone else doesn't get the ability they activated, and in turn activated lithoform to get an ability he did not control. UB is bringing in a lot of smooth brain faggots Jesus.
>>
>>92576430
>I use bosh iron golem to sacrifice something big
>in response my opponent casts Glorious End to "End the Turn"
>in response I lithoform engine bosh's ability to have the damage resolve first before the turn ends and everything is removed from the stack
I think you might just not know how the game works
that's ok, but next time maybe just ask your discord server about it and leave us alone
>>
>>92576469
I didn't read the greentext, but I've done something similar, though legal.

>activate kiki-jiki to make a copy of massacre wurm
>guy casts cyclonic rift on my board
>cast glorious end
>copy kikijiki and make massacre wurm, triggers happen
>turn ends, cyclonic rift and my original kikijiki are gone
>>
Can monowhite players check this deck out? Im trying to build a simple, straightforward deck that isn't too strong.
https://www.archidekt.com/decks/7446115/celestine
>>
File: spoonfeedingdipshits.png (331 KB, 342x461)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
>>92576489
>>92575530
>then responding with lithoform engine copying the ability they were trying to stop
Is this an ESL problem for you or something?
>>92576503
finally, someone who knows how cards work.
>>
>>92576562
It is worded a little confusingly but what they meant was:
>Player A activates an ability
>Player B casts the spell to end the turn
>Player A copies the ability (that they own) with lithoform engine so it resolves before the turn ends
>>
>>92576562
responding with lithoform engine copying the ability they were trying to stop... that I controlled... targeting them... which is why they were trying to stop it...
it's not worded confusingly at all fuck off
this anon just can't read
>>
>>92563542
>he plays at a store
What a funny way to admit you don't have friends
>>
>>92576587
>using elipses in dialogue
You somehow keep tumbling down the dipshit hole lmao. Lithoform was posted up a couple posts, you can only couple abilities you control you absolute mong lmao.
>>
I think I'm being called an ESL by an ESL
>>
>>92576622
This isn’t some chicks instagram DM, don’t talk to yourself here.
>>
File: Why not a regular card.png (345 KB, 343x487)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
>>92576300
I know /edhg/ swings towards paper, but if you're online, Thought String Analyst would be great. it's honestly absurd that it's not just a regular card considering all the mechanics work fine offline
>>
>>92576638
Alchemy is the biggest mistake wizards has made. Instead of making a format where they can crowdsource testing of future cards, they decided to make a format that acts solely as a parasite for their main revenue stream, stealing good ideas and art from it
>>
>>92576638
this is a pretty fun card t b h
>>
>>92576562
Anon, the Bosh player didn't play incorrectly.
>>
>somebody dropping the red version of this and then responding with lithoform engine copying the ability they were trying to stop
let's unpack the sentence for our English-challenged readers
>somebody dropping the red version of this
a player casts a spell with the implication that it's in response to some ability
>and
conjunction
>then responding with lithoform engine
an unknown source responds with lithoform engine (implied to be me, the author)
>copying the ability
thereby copying "the ability" that has at this point no information associated with it and only exists implied by the context of the conversation
>they were trying to stop
"they", in reference to the only human explicitly stated in the sentence, "somebody", who previously was depicted "dropping the red version"
"trying to stop" "the ability" referenced in the previous clause, which I will again repeat has no information associated with it except that it's an ability

I don't know what you thought you read that implied I didn't control the ability, but that's simply not what I wrote or what happened
>>
File: RT408aUBe2.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1080)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>92576646
It's funny how some art they use for story beats that don't get cards just end up on forgettable Alchemy cards.
>>
File: mn49flp1gyll (1).png (1.48 MB, 1200x900)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
>>92576727
In fact I fully expect this to just show up on an Alchemy card because they don't just make art for non-cards anymore.
>>
>>92576646
It's definitely the worst of both worlds sort of approach. I actually quite like a lot of the random card generation effects, like Tome of the Infinite and a few others like the Hags legendary that drafts, but it isn't something you can really do in the paper format without a dedicated app and proxy cards which is frustrating as it holds designs back by not committing enough to the randomness that you can have with an online format if you're gonna make cards that can only work in that one setting.
But then also a few cards that work just fine get stuck in the restricted format for no good reason.
>>
>>92576611
>Player A casts glorious end
>Player B tries to counter it
>Player A copies glorious end with Lithoform Engine

I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>92576750
This could just work in paper, I'm sure.
>>
>>92576722
>and then
Is the full conjunction you language gimped faggot. You type like you have a cock in each hole.
>an unknown source
Only one entity was announced in the original post, yet there is two now. Go back to plebbit and take your gay with you. .
>>
>>92576761
I think that one's digital only just because counting out your top third, then searching it, then shuffling your entire library is a hassle. Mechanically it could work in paper but at least Traumatize is easy to eyeball and you just dump that shit in the graveyard
>>
>>92576316
I typed like 50 giant lists of based or cringe about a month or two ago and torpedo'd an entire thread doing it. I will judge ye
>Jhoira
Based
>Admiral Brass
Cringe
>Windgrace
Based
>Varina
Based
>Xantcha
Based
>Jodah
Extreme cringe, so cringe it wipes out one of your other based
>Flipacyn
Based
>Aminatou
Cringe
>Breena
Cringe
>Silvar + Trynn
Cringe
>Mothman
Giga cringe
>Nicanzil
Based

Poor taste but I would still game. Find an older commander you like newfriend.
>>
>>92576638
It wouldn't work in paper because it exiles the card upside down, the mana cost and amount of life you lose are hidden information.
>>
>>92563488
>TQ
there was a guy in my old playgroup who would turn into a pro tour mastermind after about 4 cones.
>>
>>92576813
Err, face down. Although I'm sure eventually WotC will come up with a mechanic that turns cards upside down and rewrites the rules on the old Kamigawa flips.
>>
>>92576316
>Jhoira artifact storm (this one is my favorite)
Cool
>Admiral Brass pirate tribal
OG brass? Cool
New brass? Lame
>Lord Windgrace lands
Cool. I hope you run Jokulhaups and Obliterate
>Varina zombies
at least it's not another Wilhelt
>Xantcha chaos
Xantcha is cool, chaos is boring
>Jodah
Get that ass banned
>Flip Avacyn voltron
Cool
>Aminatou sagas
Meh
>Breena pillowfort
Pillowfort decks are kinda dumb but Breena is a fun commander
>Silvar and Trynn
Humans are a boring tribe and partners to do them? This is almost as gay as Jodah
>unchanged Mothman precon
Cool
>Nicanzil explore
I'm guessing you're not going full merfolk on this, cool
>>
>>92576813
It's weird that it even bothers with it being a face-down exile
>Person who owns the card can check their face-down exile at any time
>Card specifies you can check the card yourself at any time
>>
>>92576914
You actually can't look at face-down cards in exile even if you own them unless the ability that exiles them says you can (or implicitly says you by saying you can cast it). It's why theft stuff like pic-related works.
>>
>>92576954
Ah, they actually removed the "you may look at it" clause from older cards because it's folded under "look at the card, then exile it" thing, apparently.
>406.3. Exiled cards are, by default, kept face up and may be examined by any player at any time. Cards “exiled face down” can’t be examined by any player except when instructions allow it. However, if a player is instructed to look at a card and then exile it face down, or once a player is allowed to look at a card exiled face down, that player may continue to look at that card until it leaves the exile zone or is part of a pile of cards that are shuffled, even if the instruction allowing the player to do so no longer applies.
>>
>>92576761
just change it from "third" to a number and it's easy, top 20 or something
>>
>>92576801
Will ye judge me as well?
>Neera, Wild Mage (mass polymorphs & stealing)
>Ovika, Enigma Goliath (izzet big spells + goblin subtheme)
>Satoru Umezawa (Big Fish Are Ninjas, No Blightsteel Colossus)
>Nine-Fingers Keene (Sultai landfall, Gates wincon)
>Jin-Gitaxias (monoblue goodstuff, themed around extra turns and a Jin-Gitaxias 'tribal' subtheme)
>Mr. Orfeo, the Boulder (Power matters, flings matter, beeg creatures)
>Endrek Sahr, NTR-san (black sacs)
>Jinnie Fay, Jetmir's Second (naya fuck you tokens)
upcoming
>Firesong & Sunspeaker (Boros spellslinger)
>Veyran, Voice of Duality (izzet tokens)
>Hazezon, Shaper of Sands (Naya MLD)
>Savra, Queen of the Golgari (elfball edition)
>>
Fag who got back into the game recently after "quitting" sometime in 2020. What do you all think of my current decks, and what should I build next? I want to build a collection that's fun to play against, or at least fun to pilot

>Scarab God zombies (one of the only decks I didn't sell; fun but very obsolete and needs updates)
>Saskia legends aggro
>Pic related and Sarah Jane (not the stock precon; highly tuned artifact/historic deck)
>Upgraded Stella Lee spellslinger
>Heavily upgraded Yuma, hardly a precon anymore (the lore saying he's a troon isn't canon to me, nothing is canon past Ixalan)
>Exava counters/proliferate
>Kresh (with every Evoke card I could find in Jund)
>Jaxis, the Troublemaker
>Kalamax arcane (old but gold budget deck)
>Drana Liberator aggro/combat triggers (still a work in progress, very hard to make it work in mono-B)

I already know I'm going to get flamed for playing UB, but idc because he's my second favorite deck and one of my favorite actors. Would appreciate suggestions on what to build next, what you guys think of what I already have, etc
>>
>>92576837
In a good way or a bad way?
>>
>>92577039
Pic related, built as goblin token spam
>>
>>92577031
>Neera
UBfaggotry, but it gets a pass for the cool theme
>Ovika
Sounds a like a fun take on the tried and true Izzet spellslinger
>Satoru Umezawa
I physically retched
>Nine-fingers Keene
UBfaggotry + bespoke commander for a contrarian theme
>Jin-Gitaxias extra turns
I will scroll tiktok on full volume while you play this deck
>Mr. Ofreo
Love a deck that can end games quickly
>Endrek Sahr
Can't go wrong with the classics
>Jinnie Fay
Ew, goad tribal, gross. Have fun kingmaking and always coming in second, I guess
>Firesong
Are you trying to put me to sleep
>Veyran
At least it's not Stella
>Hazezon
MLD is based. Play a copy of Jihad if you can, too
>Ssavra
You better be using her anime version. If so, based
>>
>>92577065
Izzet goblins sounds like it could be interesting. I'm assuming the wincon here is something like an Empty the Warrens or chaining a bunch of token spells + extra turns back to back?
>>
>>92577070
It is indeed her anime theme in foil (as befitting a queen). I also forgot an upcoming: Korvald, Gleeful Glutton (I will sac my entire board to get korvald out on T3 and voltron off)
>>
File: 1691318766220942.jpg (40 KB, 604x371)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Here's my decks:
>Ur-Dragon dragon tribal
>Scion of the Ur-Dragon dragon tribal reanimator
>Nicol Bolas, the Ravager dragon tribal storm
>Miirym dragon tribal flicker
>Tiamat dragon tribal
>>
>>92577078
It's izzet storm so you've got an open field of win conditions, but the base idea is to build a board while you're pushing towards Kylox, and then eating the board for big value. I would recommend soothsaying in this deck, as well as sensei's divining top and scroll rack and all of those sorts of "scry X where X is a large number" effects. I picked goblins because I was disassembling my Krenko deck and they have a lot of token generation plus a good storm payoff in empty the warrens
>>
>>92563488
NEW
>>92577224
>>92577224
>>92577224
>>
File: patrician_gigacat.png (574 KB, 600x676)
574 KB
574 KB PNG
>>92577039 here. I remember seeing a neat Pharika list here, and I was wondering if the original creator would mind me being a filthy netdecker once I rustle up enough money to buy the list. I know it's really degen to netdeck without adding anything to make it your own, but it looks extremely fun and already includes a couple of my favourite pet cards
>>
>>92575642
All of your decks are cancer. If you’re getting focused every game, you need to have a convo with your friends about why.

If they’re dogshit so they feel like they need to team up to take you down, you have to power down or get them up to your level. If they don’t want to get good then power up and embrace the challenge.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.