[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: heroquest green guys.jpg (121 KB, 900x675)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
What's the best expansion?
>>
File: HeroQuest_Les_Edwards.jpg (213 KB, 1200x772)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>92565285
More HeroQuest!
>>
>>92565298

The only reason I didn't buy the rerelease is because they didn't use this exact cover image.
>>
>>92565335
and here I am eagerly awaiting the re-release of The Wizards of Zargon.
I somewhat expect it to include The Dark Company as an included quest.
>>
Gravity Land
>>
>>92565362
wonder when the Avalon Hill release will move onto new content since they have already released the two US expansion and three of the European expansions
>>
>>92565298
That dwarf has dislocated his shoulders and is swinging that axe very inefficiently.
>>
>>92565362
far party: 2 rangers and 12 lvl 0 henchmen

near party: 3 wizards and their pet jester retard orc.
>>
File: Gravity_Land.png (1.39 MB, 1240x638)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>92565298
>>92565385
Gravity Land is the most cracking Scenario indeed
>>
>>92567977
well supposedly, the next expansion is "The Jungles of Delthrak", but 'side from that naught any info was given.
>>
>>92565362
Was The Dark Company the one that Joe Manginanello was involved with? And I thought Wizards of Morcar was renamed and released as The Mage in the Mirror?
>>
>>92565335
That's a shame. Amazon had it as cheap as forty something at one point. I prefer the original art as well but the furniture on the remake is far superior.
>>
>>92570791
what's the model quality like?
>>
>>92570992
They're solid, its better quality and more detailed than I expected.
>>
>>92570791
>furniture on the remake is far superior.

Agreed. Full plastic is infinitely better than the plastic-cardboard mishmash of the original where everything is bending and breaking randomly. I just can't stand the Fortnite artstyle that they picked for the new edition. Even a new illustration would've been tolerable if it simply had similar style to the original.
>>
>>92572869
>would've been tolerable if it simply had similar style to the original.
I would imagine it's Hasbro telling Avalon Hill to diel up the Puldron Core style to make it different from the original Warhammer/citadel house style from the late 80s, I guess we will see when they release the new version of Talisman later this year
>>
>>92565362
Only 6 spells each but VERY powerful and they hit like trucks, especially the storm guy.
I used to play a mix of US and UK - UK unique equip and US monsters, basically every option between the two, we selected the least convenient for the players.
Boy it was a fucking nightmare. There is a quest in that book with 4 chaos warriors as first encounter.
>>
>>92565362
>The Dark Company
>Chaos Warriors with 5 defense dice, 1 black shield is sufficient to block all the attacker's skulls
>>
>>92568670
You assume humanoids have the exact same anatomy as humans.
>>
>>92570992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OOV0k2zXjQ
>>
>>92573055
I remember reading it had something to do with rights and royalties which was why they couldn't reuse the original. Who knows what's really true.
>>
>>92574086
the new miniatures are very Warcrafty in look guess it makes sense as a way to differentiate it from GW/citadel models
>>
>>92567977
They sort of already have; there's at least 3 alternate classes you can pick up (not including the 2 from the kickstarter).

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.