[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: devils vs demons.png (121 KB, 711x494)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
Have your players ever beaten a villain in an unexpected way?
>>
Our paladin literally fucked an evil sorceress to death
>>
asked him if he was sleepy and he was
>>
>>92566407
City guards game, had the big bad vizier dead to rights atop his now blown out tower. Dwarf player that takes following orders and the law superseriously guys -but cant into metaphor - was reading him his rights from his big tome of city regulations. One of the other lads quips
>sarge, throw the book at him!
And well, it was a long way down.
>>
>>92566407
Implying I have a plan, or expectations for my group.
>>
>>92566407
The tanarukk fighter beating the paladin to death with his own horse was certainly something I didn't expect.
>>
>>92566407
Ran him over with his own sleigh.
>>
>>92566407
Convinced him his ex-wife wouldn't take him back. He killed himself.
>>
>>92566407
Most things my players do or did, the campaign is deader than my grandma are unexpected and usually retarded. It's kinda fun, though.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (213 KB, 1280x1600)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>92566407
Does it count if my character turned out to have been the villain all along, Darth Revan-style?
>>
File: LEtFkld.jpg (505 KB, 2560x1440)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
>>92566407
I recently pulled the whole "A hostage only matters if your enemy cares about their life" thing in a game and shot through a hostage to kill an enemy commander, much his and the DMs surprise.

Turned out aftwards the "hostage" was an infiltrator working for the enemy side, as we found when we searched his body. Everyone thinks I'm some genius who figured this out beforehand, but nah, I just shot because I'm playing a grimdark pragmatic character who was like "If one hostage dies so that our country is safe, they die a hero's death." How the DM didn't see this coming is honestly beyond me.
>>
>>92569889
Yes we all read Terry Pratchett.
>>
>>92569889
>City Guards
So you're playing Discworld - no shade, everyone loves Pratchett. What ruleset?
>>
>>92566407
My fighter cucked the local lord to death
>>
>>92566407
Not extremely original, but pretty much collapsing part of a temple to bury most of the cult and running away with dimension door. One support spellcaster managed to do the same, but it was later a party of 5 vs 3 without the boss cleric

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.