[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Utter Disbelief.png (754 KB, 1075x719)
754 KB
754 KB PNG
ITT: Times your tabletop group got split apart by table romance.
I'll start
>Be me
>Former D&D 5e group splits because DM was making us the side characters in her story.
>One of the players in this group offers us a "Consolation campaign" without the bullshit we just experience.
>Fast forward a few months and some new players join the group.
>New players are awkwardly romancing each other in-character at table
>Few weeks later get text that they are in a relationship and he turned verbally abusive
>Can't physically abuse since long-distance, but the man in the relationship had violent outbursts towards her because his last girlfriend hung herself.
>No suicide jokes allowed.
>DM hears all this and hits us with "Two sides to every story"
>Group splits and no one talks to each other anymore.
>>
>>92573014
>verbal abuse
>verbal
Nigga just hang up the phone or walk away. You faggots are so soft these days
>>
>>92573161
Oh don't fuckin' worry, I thought the same thing and made that point known.
>>
I got banged by the dms mom and thats it
>>
>>92573172
Good. I wouldn't want to play with people like that, sounds like you won in this situation.
>>
>>92573173
Surely you mean "banged the DM's mom", right?
Ladies don't have the tools to bang anyone.
Unless a marital aid was involved
>>
>>92573014
Had a player leave the table cause his girlfriend's character was constantly seducing the NPCs and it made him uncomfortable. They later split up cause he found out she'd also been sucking the GM off between sessions
>>
>>92573014
My group's pretty chill about table romance. Two of the group, my wife being one of them, always want to have some sort of romance subplot running with their characters (or between pCs and NPCs if GMing). Either my wife drags me into it or the two of them get their rocks off together. In either case it's always kept relatively low-key in sessions, no one wants to force the other players to watch a romance they're not involved in.
>>
>>92579229
Bait. Surely.
>>
>>92579378
No. Why?
>>
>>92573014
>be 20
>Recently had a falling out with all my friends, don't have a lot going on in life
>Decide to find a D&D group
>God forgive me I use Reddit for the one time in my life
>Holy shit a post from 4 hours ago in my city's Reddit page looking for players
>Its 5e but 5e is new so it wasn't as bad and I cant be picky here anyway
>Get in contact with the guy, he invites me to the next game
>Half an hour on the train, show up with a bag of snacks
>Meet the gang
>Host, early 30s, Only eats lean cuisines, gives one too sometimes, crazy friendly, works in IT and wants to help me get a job after talking to him for an hour, Plays a sorcerer ill call Thundar
>Weird hippie in his 50s with white dreads, cargo shorts, and a shirt Hawaiian. He's a science teacher, goes on Neil degrasse tyson rambles twice a game. Plays a Rouge ill call Frog
>late 30s Chef, American (Weird because we aren't in America), buys everyone fancy dice and mini's, brings Twinkies to every game. Plays a Necromancer Ill name Skull
>DM, Same age as me, clearly comes from a rich family, Has every D&D book, all the official accessories, trying really hard. Really cares about this game. Alright guy, Actually a great DM
>Me, pact of the blade warlock
>First game goes well, I get along with the group and they invite me back for another
>we play like 4 sessions, one a week
>were doing the lost mine intro adventure. Its all going steadily
>I hatch a plan to dress up as the bandits and sneak into their hideout to figure out whats going on without a full assault
>Frog and Thundar are on board, they think its a really cool plan. Skull is skeptical but willing to go along with it, makes it clear he would really rather not though.
>Before this can happen we wrap the session
>Show up to next session, there's a girl
>DM tells us shes an old friend of his, told her he was playing D&D and she wanted to join.
>She makes a paladin, Ill call her Alex.
>Alex asks Skull to move from his usual spot, takes his seat
>>
>>92580142
>takes his seat
Vile behavior

A smaller more fun story, at my old apartment we had one shitty half broken chair. Whenever my roomate ran a game whichever player got to our place last had to use the shit chair
>>
File: ReferanceImage.png (16 KB, 476x590)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>92580142

Rereading what I wrote I have to apologise for my dyslexia coming through. Also forgot to say Alex is like 19

>Skull clearly thinks this is weird but Alex makes a song and dance about really wanting that spot.
>It really is weird but we all get over it
>Start playing, DM tells us Alex has played before and not to treat her different for being a girl
>Me, Skull, Thundar, & Frog all give eachother side glances like wtf did he just say
>Its really obvious we did this but nothing happens and we start playing
>Alex has obviously not played before
>Shes familiar with all the rules but its like she sat an exam on it not like shes actually played. Little things like not being sure which dice is which or not picking up on when its appropriate for her to talk
>Often has to be prompted by the table to talk or take action
>Despite this not a bad player, just new. Helps the DM obviously gave her a crash course on the rules
>Frog takes it on himself to guide her, Teacher instincts take over, he's not just prompting her when she needs it but trying to explain why its the right time for her to talk. Gives her handy mnemonics for remembering her character abilities.
>Even buys her a set of dice where each die is a different color
>I start trying to help her roleplay
>She mostly just does what she thinks is the "Right thing" in any given situation
>During breaks I help her develop who her character is and how to make a distinction between what you would do and what the character would do.
>We delay the bandit hideout quest to go investigate some rumors in the forest, mostly because we think that we need to give Alex some time to adjust before going on a dangerous mission
>End up getting side tracked for 3 sessions, fight some baby dragons, find some clues for the plot
>>
>>92580406
>Over these 3 sessions Alex has almost become a pet for the group. Frog is teaching her math, Im helping with fantasy concepts and just keeping her tied to the game world, Thundar is feeding her lean cuisine every night after she complained about her mums cooking
>Skull however is obviously not into it. Goes and has a smoke everytime we stop to help her.
>Thundar has a little chat with Skul and the DM trying to sort this out
>Me, Frog, & Alex chill in the kitchen while this is happening.
>You'd think this would be tense but the kitchen is really chill, Frog is talking about how cool his science class is and Alex is kinda just vibing, keeps asking me about books and movies I like. How I got into D&D, that sort of thing
>Thundar comes in and says everything is sorted out and were all good. Skull just needed to destress
>We finish the session and Thundar says we should all just have a beer and chill out for a bit before we go home so that we dont only talk during the games. ( I think part of Skulls issue was the ammount of talking about shit other than D&D that was happening between me,Frog, and Alex)
>We all agree and some drinks come out. Spend maybe 2 hours just chilling and talking shit. Its a good time, Skull has to leave early (maybe 40 mins in) but its obvious he just wants to leave.
>I tell the group how Im so happy I found them and Id love to hang out more outside of the game because everyone is such a legend.
>Thundar and Frog give a kind of yes that really a no but in the nicest way possible
>The DM and Alex both kind of leap on it though, start talking about things we could do together
>I tell them I have to leave to catch the last train, DM offers to drive me home
>I Happily agree
>We get back to my place and we have been talking about the game the whole way and getting to my house kinda interrupts something the DM was saying so I wait for him to finish
>Say a big thank you and go to get out of the car
>>
>>92580534
>Alex stops me
>Asks me if they can come in and keep talking for a bit
>Im cool with it but DM obviously doesn't want to
>Alex starts trying to convince him
>It sounds like a little kid asking their dad if they can stay longer at their friends house
>Weirds me out a bit so I make an excuse and get out of the car and the DM quickly drives away
>Whatever though right?
>Show up to next game
>We are going to do the bandit hideout mission
>While we set our plan up Alex starts playing footsies with me under the table
>The GLASS TABLE
>EVERYONE CAN SEE
>idk what im doing, kinda half way play back but try to chill it out
>We take a quick break
>DM takse me aside and tells me that Alex really likes me and told him she has a crush on me
>Tells me he's really happy about it
>"Want me to set you two up bro?"
>I have no idea what to do
>I just came here to play D&D
>But like, maybe this is good? Alex is pretty and we get along, and if DM Bro is setting us up thats a good sign right?
>"Alright bro yeah set us up"
>Back to the game
>We sneak into the hideout
>Shit starts going wrong
>I try to talk our way out
>Doesn't work
>A fight breaks out and Skull is killed
>oh no
>Skulls first reaction is to tell me its ok and hes not mad for getting his character killed
>But he really wants me to know that I did, in fact, get his character killed
>Goes out for a smoke
>Alex starts shit talking skull, talking about how hes such a sulk and just complains all the time
>Everyone's a bit nervous
>Lets call the game there for the night
>DM drives me home with Alex again, Keeps trying to make the conversation about how well we get along
>Bit heavy handed but Alex is into it
>She asks to come in again when I get dropped off
>DM calls her out for being pushy on it and gets out of their pretty quick
>Next day I get a text from DM
>Its Alex's number
>"She wants to chat bro, hit her up"
>Alright
>Spend all day texting her, shes obviously flirting with me
>>
>>92580663
>Ask Alex if she wants to catch a movie, just the two of us
>She agrees
>Rock up to movie (next night)
>See Alex
>See DM
>???
>Go along with it but get Alex alone when I can and ask whats up
>Tells me she told DM and DM kind of insisted on coming
>Alright whatever
>Watch the movie
>Its a good time
>Alex tells she'll come over tomorrow so we can hang out without DM
>Next day she rocks up to my place
>Tells me she can only be here for a few hours because if shes not home by a certain time her mum will freak out
>Yeah whatever sure
>We play vidya, talk shit
>End up making out
>End up fucking
>Shits pretty gud not gonna lie
>Its getting late
>"Hey Alex aren't you supposed to be getting out of here pretty soon?"
>"Dont worry DM is going to come pick me up"
>Ok....starting to get a bit weird how involved DM is in this but whatever I guess
>Keep fucking
>DM shows up to my house
>My front door is open (Dont ask me why)
>Walks inside
>My bedroom door is open (Dont ask me why please)
>Walks into my bedroom
>I see him
>He see's me
>steps back out of my room
>Foot steps going back out of my house
>Loud knock at the door
>Calls out "Hey Anon this your place? Its DM, Alex said she was here"
>Me and Alex sort our shit and go to the front door
>Somehow Alex didn't notice this
>I think DM thinks I didn't notice this
>This shit is getting out of hand
>Have an awkward but nice chat with DM and Alex at my door before DM drives Alex home
>Few days latter its the next session
>Everyone looks nervous
>DM giving me weird looks
>Skull is barely paying attention to the game
>Alex is aggressively playing footsies with me
>Frog is clearly stressing out idk why
>Thundar isnt eating his lean cuisine
>Somethings wrong
>DM throws us into a terrible fight, looks like we might die again
>Skull goes for a smoke and when he comes back tells us he got a call from the kitchen and has to run
>Thundar asks to wrap the game early
>DM insists on finishing the combat
>>
>>92580773
>As soon as we get back into it I get Alpha striked by every monster on the field
>I go down
>Thundar stands up and asks to talk to DM outside
>Frog takes the chance to leave and goes home
>Alex is flirting with me hard and idk what to do
>DM and Thundar come back
>Its quickly agreed we should all go home
>No lift for me tonight, Alex leaves with DM
>Thundar tells me he will call me an uber
>Siting on the side of the road with Thundar
>Thundar: "Bro, why did you do it?"
>Me: "What?"
>Thundar: "DM told us about you and Alex"
>Me: "Oh right...well, idk shes pretty and she likes me. Honestly I have no idea what im doing I just wanted to play D&D"
>Thundar: "Fuck man you gota have a better reason to do that to a guy"
>Me: "huh"
>Thundar: "You slept with his girlfriend man. Honestly its crazy he isnt more pissed at you."
>Me: "I did what?"
>Thundar: "Well the game was fun while it lasted, for what its worth I really liked playing with you man"
>Then the Uber came, Thundar walked back to his house and I got a ride back to mine.
>Never saw DM, Thundar, Frog, or Skull again
>Regretably ended up dating Alex for like 2 years
>Christ what was I thinking
>Spent the entire time wishing I could trade it for my D&D group

DM bro I am so sorry. Theres a chance you or Thundar are the kinda guys to read /tg/. I miss you both and I swear I had no idea.
>>
Also, Hi Neckbeardia
>>
>>92573014
>table romance
I have played and run games for 25 years and never ever had to face any of these bullshit once, wtf has happened to this hobby?
>Inb4 you never played with girlfriends or so?
Yes, she was the gm girlfriend and was cool, i played also with various girls and ran boardgames nights with my gf. Never had a fucking problem.
>>
>>92580865
>>Christ what was I thinking

Yeah why didn't you just explain to the others that the DM tricked you into fucking his gf, that would have put you entirely in the clear.
>>
>>92581159
Well I didn't really have the chance, DM was the only one I had contact info for. I guess I could have just shown up at the house but that seemed like a bad idea.

Alex told me that he was spreading lies about me and shit and for some reason I believed her. Mental on my part
>>
>>92581217
>that he was spreading lies about me and shit

Well he told the group you fucked his gf but pretended you were being an asshole instead of being tricked.
>>
>>92581245
I mean the story is from my perspective. To this day I don't know if I misunderstood something or what. Alex was obviously manipulative and...weird. She manipulated me and if I was going to write another 5 Greentext posts id include the bit where she told him that I blackmailed her into sleeping with me
>>
>>92581307
>the bit where she told him that I blackmailed her into sleeping with me

But the DM also said...
>>92580663
>DM takse me aside and tells me that Alex really likes me and told him she has a crush on me
>Tells me he's really happy about it
>"Want me to set you two up bro?"
So I'm thinking they had some kind of super weird, toxic kind of open relationship, and your place at the D&D table was just collateral damage in their own games. There was clearly something very f'ed up going on between those two and it sucks you were a pawn in their game.
>>
>>92581394
Thanks bro, I needed someone to say that
>>
>>92580865
>man drops off his gf at another man's house and leaves
I think he had some kind of cuck fetish and regretted it afterwards. There's no way he was that retarded and beta without being into that
>>
>>92581978
the only time I was with Alex without DM around was when she snuck away from him
>>
>>92580865
What a fucking roller coaster. Honestly if the story is as you described and the DM is legit saying to you "OH shit she has a crush on you, want me to set you up?" with NO preamble on whatever weird poly shit him and his girl are into, then that's on him. Skull also sounds like a faggot (as are most chefs).
>>
>>92580773
>DM shows up to my house
>My front door is open (Dont ask me why)
>Walks inside
>My bedroom door is open (Dont ask me why please)
>Walks into my bedroom
I'm going to ask you why, because it makes no sense for him to behave like this unless you knew him well or it's his house instead of yours.
>>
>>92582680
I lived with like 7 other people, we kind of just always had the front door open and tons of people around. Both times when they were droping me off and Alex tried to get inside there were 4 or 5 guys chilling on my balcony watching it happen. Idk if that context makes anything make more sense but just trust me that my house was more inviting to just walk into than 80% of other houses.
Which brings me to why my door was open, given that I live in such a busy house. Well due to poor decisions and house party's I actually didn't have a door on my bedroom at all. At the time there was only a few people home and they were all chilling in the backyard.
Still weird as fuck that he walked all the way in but you could probably hear us fucking down the street.
>>
>>92573014
Sounds like everyone involved was a faggot and I hope I never have the misfortune of gaming with you
>>
Never happened. We did have a player ragequit a game by throwing a krak grenade into the crew compartment of our Chimera because - allegedly - the only female player in the party quit. This was in an online game, to make it that bit more bizarre.
>>
File: boar1.png (132 KB, 226x555)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>92580142
>>92580406
>>92580534
>>92580663
>>92580773
>>92580865
>>
>>92580773
>front door is open
>bedroom door is open
Why?
If Alex had something to do with it, you walked into a cuckolding relationship, buckaroo.

That said it sounds eerily similiar to what happened to a friend of mine, just the other way around. He also DMd for his gf that flirted with most of his fiendgroup and they were in an open relationship. I warned him about that pitfall like sweet bro would warn you about stairs, but once it started, it kept happening.
I luckily wasn't in that group at all, but it sucked seeing it happen, even from the outside, like a slow motion car crash.
>>
>>92580865
>Regretably ended up dating Alex for like 2 years
Fucking WHY?
>>
File: Kiry-uuuuueeghhhhhh.png (192 KB, 342x423)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>92580865
OP here. I never fuckin' expected the thread to go this far but holy fuck, man.

>Dated Alex for 2 years
Insult to injury, man!
>>
>>92586212
>>92585688
Honestly idk what I was doing, she kept accusing me of cheating on her and then she dumped me. Cant imagine why.
Girl was mental, talked shit about me to everyone.
>>
>>92588636
The minute she tried to get intimate I would've asked about DM's relationship with her and if she tried to play it off, be suspicious and ask/text DM what his take was.

Unironically bros before hoes.
>>
>>92573014
how dare the dm not rush to join in common slander based on partial information! believe all women!
>>
>>92584659
Someone who actually read it tell me what this got wrong, other than the thinking he's in a relationship with the woman still.
>>
>>92588673
She turned out to be telling the truth and had a fit when the DM refused to remove him from the group, and- as said by >>92573161

It was ALL ONLINE, JUST WALK AWAY.
>>
File: Shit Konging Grin.jpg (20 KB, 285x327)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>92588710
So how's the Adderall refill coming along?
>>
>>92588740
Personally I don't do drugs, and reading long greentexts for 15 years usually for them to be boring was enough for me please understand
>>
>>92588710
lmao thats actually a pretty bad wrap up, try gpt maybe
>>
>>92580663
skull deserved better than this. he just wanted to rp in a fantasy world as a necromancer, instead he had to deal with gay eurocuck drama.
>>
>>92580865
This might be my autistic arse not getting the implications or my retarded esl arse not reading properly, but didn't dm bro set you up with Alex basically telling you that she likes you and shit?
>>
>>92588636
>kept accusing me of cheating on her
They only ever do that if they've been doing it themselves, and she was already clearly a habitual cheater based on your story.
>>
>>92588710
The only thing more pathetic than that AI is you. Jesus, It's like looking at a man using a soggy piece of carton as a crutch.
>>92588761
>reading long greentexts for 15 years
>still can't skim a story
Geniune advice Anon, if your brain has any capacity to develop: take a fast reading course. Those usually cover everything from skimmiming and scanning to long term memorization.
Crutching on AI like this is not good for you.
>>
>>92588849
NTA but one of two things happened:
-they weren't literally dating but DM had a crush on her and was so far in the friend zone that it must have been physically painful
-they were literally in a relationship and they opened it up. Either Alex insisted and DM didn't have the spine to resist but ended up hating it, or DM thought he had a cuckold fetish until it actually happened.
>>
>>92589031
In scenario 1 that's DM bro being spineless through and through. Getting the girl you are crushing to be with one of your D&D bros and then getting pissy when it happens? Fuck bro.
Scenario 2 is also spineless but less so, because then it is a reluctant situation that got worse and puts most of the blame on the girl.
>>
>>92573014
I'm ashamed to say I got our late 90s RPG group disbanded - all the guys dated the goth girl at some point and it just got too angsty. In my defence, we were just teenagers and nobody had learned not to stick it in crazy by that point.
>>
>>92588955
>skimmiming
I see what you did there.

>>92589057
Eventually you also learn the hard way not to date your friends' exes. Especially if you're the third or fourth person in the group to do so.
>>
>>92589523
>don't date your friends
Absolutely shit advice spouted by people with poor perception and poor ability to maintain healthy relationships. Your wife should be your best friend. Dating friends worked out great for me and it can for everyone.
What men need to get better at is being smart enough not to get involved with the sort of woman that fucks her way around a friendgroup. They are rarely healthy, non-toxic people. I've known otherwise very sensible people that just (knowingly!) put their hands on the stove in this regard. I don't get it. The issue here is not the fact they were friends.
>>
>>92589523
Lol, yeah we learned that I guess.

>>92589580
Oh yeah I wouldn't describe her as well adjusted at the time but then none of us were particularly. However, being the 90s and no social media, all of that shit just went away and we're good buddies now.
>>
>>92573014
have you tried not playing with girls?
>>
>>92589580
Read it again, anon. Didn't say "don't date your friends", it says "don't date your friends' EXES".

Of course your partner being your best friend is healthy. Why would you be in a relationship with someone you could never be friends with (except "teenage hormones", that's a valid excuse)? There's a lot to be said for and about healthy relationships, most of which isn't really relevant to /tg/.

But women who sleep their way around a friend or hobby group are one of the kinds of exes you shouldn't hook up with. There are worse though... the ones who are the cause for their own breakups, for example. Although both of those boil down to learning to understand human behaviour and motivation (which we gaming autists don't excel at), and also learning not to jump at the first sign of romantic or sexual interest from an attractive member of your preferred gender (which is complicated by teenage hormones, and by being a dateless gaming autist - either of those factors will make you thirsty).

In closing... make good friends, develop relationships organically, and be excellent to each other, fa/tg/uys and ca/tg/irls. And don't be That Bed-Hopper at the gaming table, mmkay?
>>
File: 1691415859793507.jpg (286 KB, 1280x961)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>92580865
What an insane ride! Justice for Skull.

>>92581394
Anon's take on this is spot on. This Alex person was 100% in a coercive open relationship. She wanted to fuck other people and the DM didn't want their relationship to end and assumed it wouldn't happen. Then it did. To save face for being an involuntary cuckold, the DM lied to people about the situation. Alex, to save face, supported the lie.

But then you dated her for 2 years but I'm not gonna blame you for being a young idiot. Don't listen to Anon's with 20/20 hindsight telling you they wouldn't have done it. They would have. Cos at one point they were young and stupid like you.
>>
>>92580142
>>92580406
>>92580534
>>92580663
>>92580773
>>92580865
Why did you spend so much time focusing on whether or not Bulk and Skull got their Lean Cuisine? If you're going to tell a fake story, you could at least have the decency to not make it so long and rambling.
>>
File: IMG_4170.jpg (286 KB, 1600x883)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>92573014
DM has completely abandoned the group because his gf takes up so much of his time. Bitch has anxiety or something and can’t be left alone for for than 5 minutes
>>
>>92598180
If your girl can't go 5 minutes without you, that's not a boyfriend, that's a live-in caretaker
>>
>>92596815
I wouldn't have dated her because sex scares and confuses me

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.