[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What tabletop system would best represent Zeno Clash?
>>
>>92574504
I actually just replayed the game start to finish today by happenstance. I can't speak to any system in particular but the main things that would need emphasis are melee combat with multiple combatants, short/midrange projectiles, and disposable but high-damage melee weapons. There's hex-based games that have a few of those (funnily enough I think you could reflavor a subset of the lancer abilities and do decently well) but nothing comes immediately to mind.

The real question to me is how much you want to lean into the more classical RPG elements from Clash: Artifacts of Chaos with various stances with their own moves and properties vs. everyone just trying to punch the shit out of each other.
>>
>>92576320
You'd want really, really tanky PCs to represent how tough the Zenos are, too.

I think having martial arts style traits would work best, that way players can describe how their PCs fight and get mechanical benefits. Not sure what system works for that.

Like for Ghat I'd describe his style as fist based, aggressive and adaptable. Compare that to how the Hunter fights, or even Rimat.
>>
gosh, what a fantastic question

I did some searching and The Riddle of Steel is an out of print Conan thing, but seems interesting for this. I love this game and how odd it is, but would hate to be the poor dumbshit that has to homebrew it together. Or even worse just throwing GURPS at it.

I feel like the world and how odd it is functions perfectly, but the mechanics are the hard part here.
>>
>>92577714
>TFW the entire party rolled Corwid of the Free again
>>
>>92577895
Playing a corwid would be either amazing or completely fucking boring.

They work great as enemy NPCs, though.
>>
>>92577923
They would. For players, yeah. The meme is murderhobos have a baked-in excuse to build zero personality punchmeat avatars
>"my character is a corwid who wants to be the strongest thing alive"
>>
>>92577949
See at that point they're just playing a Grappler Baki game.
>>
>>92577949
That's too cogent and abstract for a corwid. "I want to punch anything yellow" or "I have removed my own tongue and wish to remove the tongues of others" are far more likely to instigate nonsense as well as forcing the player to lose agency as a proportional cost to losing "responsibility for their actions".
>>
>>92578185
>>92577949
I could see a Corwid wanting to knock everything down.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.