[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The Black Lion of Ultramar Edition

>The Tau Empire's Codex is coming soon:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/21/sunday-preview-the-tau-empire-needs-you/

>EC players get slapped and they probably enjoyed it:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/16/play-the-chosen-of-slaanesh-in-chaos-space-marines-armies-with-index-emperors-children/

>Pre-Order your Orkz Codex and Custodes that got the nerfhammer
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/13/saturday-pre-order-adeptus-custodes-and-orks-flex-their-muscles/

>Ork Rules for a Game Mode No One Actually Plays
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/10/cry-waaagh-and-let-slip-the-orks-of-war-with-new-codex-crusade-rules/

>Community Links:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000-downloads/

>3rd Party Models Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/Q33bkBUh

>Torrent:
Info hash: 7214f3185b4249d3C1889f696ee39218cf092375

>10th Edition Rules:
https://gofile<dot>io/d/9LvQTL

>Previous Thread:
>>92573818

>Thread Question:
In hindsight of older editions, what do you think is the best edition of 40k?
>>
File: PXL_20240421_044530220.jpg (1006 KB, 2560x1920)
1006 KB
1006 KB JPG
Grey knights are best
>>
File: clusMn2.jpg (169 KB, 960x1132)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>
>>92578904
9th core rules with 8th codexes
>>
>>92578921
How come the guy driving doesn't have guns too?
>>
why is op memeing with that TQ?

Anyways what are yalls thoughts about that /tg/homebrew thats being worked on?
>>
>>92578941
>Anyways what are yalls thoughts about that /tg/homebrew thats being worked on?

like the 2e revival project from years ago it wont go anywhere
>>
So I've just been buying ork models I like the look of and slowly piecing an army together out of that since I didn't know any warhams players in my local area, but I just stumbled into a group recently and need to build an actual army now. I haven't looked at the new codex yet and think I wanna go choppy, but I'm open to suggestions. What I've got so far is
>1 mega armored warboss
>30 boyz (20 choppa, 10 shootas)
>5 nobz
>5 stormboyz
>10 kommandos
>3 deffkoptas
>2 deff dreds
>Beastboss on Squigosaur
>4 squighog boyz
Anybody have any recommendations on what to add/drop to turn this schizophrenic mess of minis into an actual army? The nobz and deff dreads are still unassembled do I could build them in any configuration if you have any recommendations on that front too.
>>
File: vH2rnBJVY3S9bZ2y.png (1.78 MB, 1000x1234)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB PNG
Exciting news to all those enjoyers of the popular Warhammer 40,000 Darktide video game (inspired by the popular Warhammer 40,000 miniatures wargame)! From your screen to your tabletop, it's Warhammer 40,000 Darktide: The Miniatures Game!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/22/take-tertium-from-the-console-to-the-tabletop-in-warhammer-40000-darktide-the-miniatures-game/
>>
>>92578959
Its grid based so its already that much better than tenth.
>>
>>92578959
All they had to do was release a Killteam: Darktide instead of this nonsense
>>
>>92578917
>maybe if you lived where GW stuff is native it isnt so bad ( I have no context onto the brit bong economy)
I am a brit yes. I recently built and painted my latest project (2k necrons) for £388 which is $478. Using discount sellers and ebay wherever possible. It would have much cheaper if I didnt utilise certain more expensive options too.
>>
File: PXL_20240421_224641887.jpg (356 KB, 1237x1115)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
How can I improve this battle damage? Asking both here and /wip/ because I imagine some anons don't use both boards.

Anyway POST MODELS. I want to see some cool paintjobs.
>>
>>92578975
I don't have any models.
>>
>>92578959
Wow, I always thought it would be cool if they made miniatures of the characters from Darktide, I always wanted to have an Ogryn model!
>>
>see argument that talks about why its okay for clone troopers to be all female, and why its not okay for space marines
>bunch of replies pointing out that there are female clones, disproving his point entirely because he's arguing with only half the facts
>h-heh w-well i meant clone TROOPER!!!!

I want to kill these people so much
>>
>>92578975
More sponge chipping across the edges, add some streaking, more rush in places where water pools up.
>>
>>92578941
I take great pleasure in knowing that 10th edition is so bad that it made a bunch of autists come together to try and make their own edition.
Though I fear that >>92578948 may be right, but I hope not. I hope this time it will be different and that something will come out of it.
Remember OPR. That started as a 4chan project. Granted some people find it too shrimplified.
>>
>>92578956
Well that warboss can't join any of those units, you don't have a trukk or a warboss for your nobz, no manz or a beast boss for your squigbros so bully boyz is probably not it. You have something from just about each detachment so I'd probably just use that default detachment, the one we've got before the codex release (I think it's called the waagh tribe) as there's plenty of units that will benefit from it

No idea how you should build those deff dreads, maybe just magnetise them for the time being
>>
>>92578990
*to be all male
FUCK
>>
>>92578990
is that person in this thread?
>>
>>92578956
you already got a fair amount you've probably got enough to pick up some smaller sized games and get a feel for the rules
then buy model based on the playstyle you enjoy the most, or just fuck rules and buy the cool looking stuff. no good buying things if you end up hating it

for a more real answer a transport or two for the boyz would be a solid start and a squad of gretchins are also auto include currently
>>
Has anyone tried army painter's metallic speedpaints? My LGS just got them in and I'm tempted to give them ago
>>
File: Sister-revealed.png (1.64 MB, 1280x1811)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>92578990
Female clones in Star Wars is also DEI bullshit hamfisted in by Disney. And don't get me started on the trannyclone
>>
>>92578975
Dunno why you keep asking in this general anon your paint job on your minis is far better than most people that post here. I really like the ork clean look so no criticisms here, it's a very similar style to how I'm going to paint my goffs
>>
>>92579006
I wouldnt mind female clones if there were multiple clone templates aside from jango fett. Omega being special is fine
>>
>>92578997
>a beast boss for your squigbros
Can the Squigboss not join the Squigboyz?
>>
File: karr-main_2f07a610.jpeg.jpg (179 KB, 1280x640)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>92579006
>its because....le DEI!!!!
it would be hamfisted if it was that
stop using /pol/ buzzwords and make an actual argument
>>
>>92579002
I've actually been looking to see if they exist but couldn't find anything at my LGS. I mean I didn't look this shit up before heading in but thought I may have come across something. I'll give them a try and report back
>>
>>92578956
Well from there I can honestly see three paths, choose the one you like the most.
>Add killa kans, go all in on dred mob.
>Add nobz, boyz and trukks, go for green tide/bully boyz/war horde
>Add a shitton of squighogs, another beastboss and a kill rig, go for snagga stuff
Common to all of these is adding Meganobz tho, they're incredibly good this edition.
>>
>>92578990
wait define female clone troopers, are we talking about the ones that are based around that one bounty hunter or after the whole order 66 thing?
>>
>>92579011
Every time I look at my models all I can think is that it could be improved. I try to get all the help/advice I can for how to do so.
>>92578994
>more rush in places where water pools up
What is rush? Do you mean wash?
>>
File: gw-rumour-1.png (402 KB, 500x633)
402 KB
402 KB PNG
>>92578927
>>
>>92579033
Omega and Emerie Karr
female clones of Jango Fett
>>
>>92579018
Oh wtf is that not a thing? You're right, what is the point of it then? Can't even join them lmao
>>
>>92579040
He can in the codex.
>>
>>92579040
He can
>>
>>92579023
how about YOU make a real argument instead of just calling everyone else a tinfoil hat schizo for noticing things
>>
>>92579038
It literally wouldn't be a clone if you changed it from male to female because you would have to change an entire chromosome.
>>
>>92579040
Actually this may have changed in the new codex, I know the nob is now included in the unit instead of being a character
>>
>>92579047
Or you just copy Jango's X chromosome and combine it with the original X.
Or make clones that only have 1 X chromosome, tbf it'd result in a fucked up clone with Turner syndrome but still living.
>>
>>92579034
Meant rust.
>>
>>92579015
I'm specifically talking about Jango clones, yeah. And no, Omega is the height of hamfisted bullshit.
>>92579023
>/pol/ buzzwords
It's literally their official corporate term, anon. A /pol/ buzzword would be if I was blaming it on Da Juice.
>>
>>92579067
>I'm specifically talking about Jango clones, yeah. And no, Omega is the height of hamfisted bullshit.
wait till you hear omega is a George idea
>>
>>92578904
>>92578904
Hi guys! Does someone have a scan of "Crusade - Pariah Nexus" yet? It'd be much appreciated.

I'll also leave this here for the community, since I noticed it's not in the main folder:
https://litter.catbox.moe/il61fg.pdf
>>
How strong are C'tan exactly?
>>
>>92579083
Unnamed Greater Daemon tier.
>>
>>92579069
I'm not sure I believe that and even if it was George doesn't have the greatest batting average. Hell, even ideas of his that are sometimes fine still end up garbage over at Disney/in the hands of Filoni like Ashoka. George thought up Ashoka iirc but he also wanted her dead by the end of the Clone Wars.
>>
>>92579077
>Hi guys! Does someone have a scan of "Crusade - Pariah Nexus" yet? It'd be much appreciated.

nah I don't think anyone is scanning it in yet
>>
>>92579096
are you trolling or serious
>>
>>92579063
Ah yeah alright that makes sense
Rust might be a bit much for me, I like damage but I don't want to take away from the blue color. I'll try out some of the other stuff, I'm looking into streaking using oils.
>>
>>92579047
technically you can just remove the Y chromosome and add a second copy of the X chromosome the male would have had

the second X chromosome in humans gets largely inactivated so the effective GENETIC difference between an exact clone of a male and a female clone of said male is extremely small, I don't remember exactly the number, but the genes on the active genes on the Y chromosome are in the few dozens, not in the hundreds or thousands, not even particularly influential ones either
the sexual dimorphism is codified mainly throughout the rest of the genome with the Y chromosome providing the master gene SRY that kickstarts the activation of the genes that then result in the dimorphism

which means that yes, you could hypothetically have a female clone of yourself (and a woman could clone herself with just the added sry put somewhere in her genome and have a male clone of herself)

DEI bullshit notwithstanding
>>
>>92579029
Sounds good, I'll probably focus on war horde. I'd love to go full squighogs and might try that out later down the road, but fuck me I just plain do not like the look of the Kill Rig.
>>
What is a ctan?
>>
>>92578959
This is some Street Fighter the game the movie the game shit
>>
>>92579083
The Nightbringer is S14 with his strike attack and 8 with his sweep
The Void Dragon is S12 and 8 with his
The Transcendant C'Tan and the Deceiver both just have S8 attacks
>>
>>92578959
Lmao there still isn't a volleygun or proper kasrkin outfit in darktide
they could shit out a mini for Titus, but not a small sprue for 4 darktide characters?
>>
>>92579101
NTA but you've asked a question with several different answers. C'tan shards can be stronger than primarchs or as weak as nurglings. Whole C'tan apparently approached the level of the gods of chaos.
>>
>>92579083
it varies, but they're strong enough to bend reality as of they were gods

now imagine a non-shattered ctan
>>
File: stripeslmao.png (483 KB, 796x291)
483 KB
483 KB PNG
>>92578975
>Anyway POST MODELS
Okay.
Here's my latest miniature.
>>
>>92579119
Please understand, they're not space marines
>>
>>92579141
I thought hazard stripes were only for things that are dangerous.
>>
>>92579103
Streaking always gives a lovely weathered effect to plate armour, you can also do it with acrylics
https://youtu.be/ySVHerhZtcc?si=IYGoBsBHHBrEANdD&t=466
>>
>>92579119
the ubersreik 5 are infinitely more popular and have jack shit
>>
>>92579083
Depends
Ctan in M41/42 are shattered. Depending on the size of the shard or the amount of shards gathered they can grow immensely powerful.
Just think that the ctan of the War in Heaven were able to conver the entire Necrontyr race into the Necrons and prosecute a galactic level war.
I'd hazard the guess that a full Ctan is at least an Emperor level of power.
>>
File: 1712510968772630.png (136 KB, 555x477)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>get excited for the new orks codex
>just getting back into the hobby so attempting to design an army
>tfw realise i have no one to play against

how do you find people to battle against, /40kg/? although ive read the rules, as someone that hasnt played a game in close to 2 decades i honestly have no fucking clue what im doing, i just wanna battle a friend who wont mind me asking a thousand questions and is heaps chill
>>
>>92579159
Thats because they are dead much like the setting.
>>
>>92579159
It's not like there's a game you could slot them into, Fantasy is dead and TOW is a prequel. Though I'd enjoy a standalone VT game over DT
>>
>>92579163
sometimes I play against myself as a treat.
>>
>>92579172
warhammer quest
those mini spinoffs like what was posted above

ubersreik 5 vs skaven, would sell like hotcakes
>>
>>92579156
Oh man reading that post made me think of the flashlights DOW meme somehow. You brought me back some nostalgia feels I didn't know I was gonna have today.
I painted on the stripes because I think they look cool.
I live in fear of someone one day thinking that I took inspiration from the Moebian 6th from Darktide, because some of their special units have hazard stripe shoulderpads.
>>
>>92579163
build a 500 point list or buy a combat patrol and see if any of your LGSs offer newbie games
>>
>>92579180
This is such shitty advice and you know it. Anyone who has played a single game will never want to play it after the first game.
>>
>>92579106
You know, it really just gets weirder more we learn about human biology.
>>
>>92579185
sure but it's cheaper than building a 2000 point list and finding out you don't enjoy the game
>>
>>92579185
>No one wants to play 40k
retardbro?
>>
>>92579119
>they could shit out a mini for Titus
Who is just a primaris marine wearing mk10 power armor, (a file GW already owns, same for the rest of the accesories his model has), only thing GW had to sculpt was his face and the couple of ornaments here and there on his armor.
>>
>>92579189
He said he was returning, and even if he wasnt already familiar then Table top simulator is much more fucking cheaper than spending that much money for sNIGGERS.
>>
>>92579176
Yeah that's what I just said, but GW treats these games as a gateway drug into their mainline games and VT doesn't have any game to funnel them into. From a corporate perspective it's a waste of time and money. Hell, the DT game itself is shamelessly lazy because they're unwilling to even make a slightly nicer ogryn for it.
>>
>>92578904
have all the tau rules been released? even points?

i know the ork and custodes pts are still not out
>>
>>92579185
>Anyone who has played a single game will never want to play it after the first game.
lmao
>>
>>92579180
i could try my LGS but id probably have a better shot by going into my local games workshop store (or warhammer store, whatever its called now)

>>92579185
is it really that bad now? the games i played in 3rd / 4th ed would go on for fucking ever, im interested to see how much quicker they are now
>>
File: 1710911525106.jpg (173 KB, 1280x915)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
I know deldar are always at each other's throat, but do harlequins or craftworlders ever engage in internecine violence?
>>
>>92579109
A miserable pile of cosmic farts from the big bang that achieved a semblance of inorganic life, sentience and ability to traverse and manipulate energy and spacetime
They lived mostly as star-leeches, allegedly the slann pushed them back in their galactic gardening project
One of them parasitized the sun of the necrontyr homeworld, causing many of the evolutionary problems the necrontyrs would have with radiations
After being defeated by the slann, the necrontyrs finally discovered the pesky parasitic spacefart that fed on their sun
You see, they're not exactly easy to see because while their essence is huge it's also spread very thin over cosmic distances
But since the necrontyrs are extremely retarded they decided to weaponise it instead of getting rid of it and moving on
They fashioned artificial bodies modelled after the half-forgotten gods from their mythology and then crammed said lightyears spanning hungry farts into a roughly humanoid-sized frame
Needless to say the change of scale must have been most shocking for the until then only barely sentient farts, their densely packed frames now allowed them whole new forms of intellect, individuality, powers and hungers
I also like to believe the shape and hardwiring of the original god-shaped bodies somehow affected the rise of their personalities
>>
>>92579198
>tfw will eventually get that combat patrol

thought id never see the day of becoming a sniggers man
>>
>>92579200
I'm still trying to understand why they went with a prequel for TOW when all the secondaries were gonna be told that many (cause some chars are long lived) of the characters they loved weren't going to exist.
>>
>>92579226
Im still trying to figure out why they made the rules so dogshit
And Empire like 30% win rate bad
>>
>>92579210
games are a bit quicker now but its not a staggering difference.
>>
>>92579210
>is it really that bad now?
Tenth is really mixed, if you dont know what you had its probably fine at best depending on your match ups. but for the combat patrol game mode? its fucking boring and such a shitty excuse to sell a "value" box for.
Combat patrol games will be quicker but they will also be much more mundane.

As for 2000 point games? YMMV, just know 4-5 hour games is within the realms of possibility depending on armies and player error.
>>
>>92579210
Warhammer stores SHOULD offer you a breakdown on how to play.

>>92579174
Is the underrated post. You can do this in many ways to get use to playing. Anything from a big monster or character vs another for a slogging match, playing one unit across aother to get use to line of sight, movement, and charging, or playing a full on practice game against yourself ( I did this with a SM vs SoB combat patrol recently). It helped alot when I was shoring up getting use to the game and playing some combat patrols at the store.
>>
>>92579210
Nah 10th gameplaywise is fine.
It has a bunch of things different which I personally dislike such as free wargear but that doesnt make a game bad so much as listbuilding.

Honestly a lot of the issues with 10th you wont really appreciate until a dozen or so games in.
>>
>>92579212
Not really. Harlequins have their own politics but it rarely leads to fights with Craftworlders.
>>
File: file.png (481 KB, 640x640)
481 KB
481 KB PNG
>>
>>92579210
>is it really that bad now?
Not at all. It all comes down to competence as per usual. If the other player is a fucking retard then games will last a long time, but if you know your army its honestly pretty quick, quicker than 8th for sure.
>>
>>92579157
Damn yeah that looks good. I'll have to give it a try
Looks pretty time consuming though.
>>
>>92579186
that's nothing

the weirder frontiers as of now are microRNA doing seemingly fucking anything and the opposite of anything, gut microbiota that are so impactful you can treat or cause autism or obesity by feeding someone pills of dried shit, and the clusterfucks of interactions between proteins and genes that will only now be unpacked by 'AI'

it's tiring because people expected some grand cure for cancer or aging or brain problems but those kind of issues are so multifaceted that all we can get into is boring number crunching and the relentless grind of testing anti-ROS-stress substances for, like, the most minimal of benefits

sometimes I wonder if the neighbour's field is greener, at least they can dream about genetically improving crops
>>
>>92578959
WARHAMMER 40,000: THE TABLE TOPGAME: THE VIDEO GAME : THE BOARD GAME

This looks to be their lowest effort product yet!
>>
>>92578975
See where it's damaged and dented on the model? Paint that bright silver, same with a few of the edges
>>
File: IMG_3419.gif (4.69 MB, 320x180)
4.69 MB
4.69 MB GIF
>>92578927
>>
File: 20220824_170125.jpg (46 KB, 254x171)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>92579264
>entire armadas of different elven factions all flock to help some little aliens

>the elves see each other and half of them leave all together instead of helping
>>
>>92579318
I've had better luck sponging metal on edges instead of just painting it, and as much as I've tried to have the damaged pieces be metallic, they turned out better when I just highlighted one side and let the wash do the rest like you see there. Thanks for the advice though
>>
File: Valedor-Battle.jpg (110 KB, 1024x683)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>92579335
>>92579264
Lol, literally the Dark Eldar are better allies to their weakling kin.
>>
>>92579212
Saim-Hann has been known to get violent with other Craftworlds. Setting aside that they're viewed as temperamental or flat-out barbarian by other Eldar, they're a little unusual because of their clan society. They all ride around on the same Craftworld, but the individual clans may act of their own accord at times.

IIRC a lot of other times when two Craftworlds get into a dispute that's serious enough to go to war over, they will mostly try to settle it through proxies. I know that's come up at least once when Eldrad and another seer were each trying to save their Craftworld by dooming the other's.
>>
File: IMG_20240422_141148.jpg (186 KB, 709x1286)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>92579077
best I can find
https://gofile.io/d/LMlU0M
>>
>>92578959
Are any of these unique minis?
>>
>>92579307
They already did this with the Space Marine 2 board game.
>>
>>92579363
Uniq will be price XD
>>
>>92579363
No. They're repackaged from elsewhere.
>>
Plastic GW shadow spectres & Illyrith when?
>>
>>92579363
Nope. Ogryn is from the ogryn kit, the zealot is just the blackstone mini, the psyker is the primaris psyker and the vet will be one of the new command squad. They'll be unique sprues as singles, but not new models
The enemies are also just repackaged renegade guardsmen and plop walkers.
Its a pathetic box set. Why even bother having the Dark Tard 4 on the cover if none of them are going to be represented in custom models? They could have atleast made a kickass plague ogryn or beast of nurgle
>>
>>92579363
I don't think so. Looks like:
Poxwalkers from the DI box sprue
Traitor Guard from BSF box set
Primaris Psyker character from BSF
One Ogryn from the Ogryn box
A single Kasrkin Sergeant maybe (?)
Pious Vorne character from BSF
>>
>>92579404
never, Jes Goodwin supposedly hates FW for touching HIS eldar even more than he hates them for doing the admech not like he would have done them
>>
File: darktide.png (2.54 MB, 2666x1397)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB PNG
>>92579363
Nope, I got most of them already from blackstone fortress.
>>
>>92579361
all thats really missing is the lore section
>>
>>92579404
What's even their niche?
>>
>>92579428
why the fuck does gw let their studios infight
>>
>>92579436
GW is a massive company that still acts like it’s a tiny garage company. Each department is essentially its own fiefdom and there’s very little internal communication. God forbid they do anything about it because they’re too fucking lazy to sort out internal issues.
>>
>>92579335
To be fair if the Ynnari showed up to help you then you'd probably prefer they leave too.
>>
>>92579447
I kind of doubt they even have that much communication within a single department, judging by how wildly imbalanced the indexes were from each other.
>>
>>92579451
>Implying codex writers are in the same department
>>
File: 1537546352889.png (926 KB, 1090x1930)
926 KB
926 KB PNG
>>92579447
why can't these fucking people put aside their egos and fucking give it a break with these pissing and dick measuring contests. bigs me a lot reading about this shit, we need AI and robots working on 40k NOW
>>
File: 1674998807789054.jpg (705 KB, 1301x1804)
705 KB
705 KB JPG
Rank in order of decreasing likelihood of happening it 10e:
>Votann 2nd Wave
>World Eaters 2nd Wave
>Another Eldar refresh
>A new SM Firstborn unit or character
>Another Primarch returns
>Grey Knights refresh
>Blood Angels refresh
>Space Wolves refresh
>Emperor's Children release
>Dark Mechanicum release
>Exodite release
>>
>>92579238
Typical GW incompetence and greed.
Incompetence because they have admitted they don't play test 40k for shit, like 1 game every 2 weeks, meaning if they do something this shit for their main flagship series, it's just going to be either the same for the rest of the systems or even worse.

And the reason why it is like this because GW doesn't hire more people, or hire more competent people to do the job because half assing this shit is just cheaper for them.
And why do better when the retards still buy it anyway?
>>
anyone know a way to make melee weapons (in this case power klaws) look really nice? im not at the level of being able to pull off NMM but im just trying to find a technique that would make them look clean as fuck. im a little sick of the rusted look desu
>>
>>92579447
It doesn't help they went straight to imported corporate leadership that itself in only interested in leaving their mark and stifling all competition internally before they leave with their bonuses and not so much restructuring or streamlining the business.
>>
>>92579451
Goes back to that initial issue. GW probably still has maybe 1-2 people working on a codex and all codexes are done easily 1 year in advance of their actual release due to printers and shipping. They probably don’t speak to the tards writing the rules.
>>
>>92578959
Kek. Memes aside we're STILL not buying anything from this trash company.
>>
>>92579491
>>A new SM Firstborn unit
This should be in the bottom, it's all primaris now.
>>
>>92579485
This is GW who hasn’t even got in on digital rules which would make implementing errata a whole lot easier and stop people relying on 3rd party apps.

>>92579510
No and the fact the company is unbelievably slow at implementing any changes.
>>
>>92579491
>100%
>2h theyre getting filler
>wave 2 is 100%
>0
>100%
>0
>100%
>100%
>100%
>0
>0
>>
>>92579495
Its kind of amusing that the main reasons Fantasy died were dogshit rules and piles of borderline unplayable bricks of troops and they kind of replicated both in TOW.
Its basically 5th edition herohammer 2.0 with extra retarded oversights.

>Ahh yes ranged units can only fire in one rank
>What if I just make one long rank
>Oh fuck we didnt think people would do that
>>
>>92579491
we have rumours already of these specific things happening

>Votann 2nd Wave
>Emperor's Children release
>Space Wolves refresh
>Blood Angels refresh
>>
>>92579387
Space Marine 2 got a new model
>>
>>92579421
>the vet will be one of the new command squad
Nigga it's a kasrkin, are you blind?
Agree with the rest, just a shame you did a fucky wucky in the middle
>>
>>92579491
>>World Eaters 2nd Wave
They might get another HQ towards the end of the edition, but don't expect a proper 'wave' of stuff
>>
>>92579433
Theoretically Fire Dragons but more mobile, better for light vehicle targeting. Could probably reformat their gimmick to make use of their prism rifles in a way to let models refract shots together into a lower number of super-shots. Make them variable light vehicle/dedicated MEQ hunters.

>>92579264
>Those Who Evade The Crone

Unironically holy kino. Now I want an Iyanden Farseer special character (bonus if Wraith-construct) special character who perceives the Tyranid threat in such a way that he directs targeted genocides of various gimmicky lesser races to prevent rare genetic material being absorbed by the Hive Fleet.
>>
>>92579491
happening
>>Votann 2nd Wave
>>Another Eldar refresh
>>Another Primarch returns
>>Blood Angels refresh
>>Space Wolves refresh
>>Emperor's Children release
not happening (yet)
>>World Eaters 2nd Wave
>>Dark Mechanicum release
>>Exodite release
>>Grey Knights refresh
not happening (ever)
>>A new SM Firstborn unit or character
>>
When are we likely going to see a versus box? Will the box go up in price or will shrinkflation be a thing yet again?
>>
>>92579433
Being overpowered as shit
>>
>>92579537
GW being incompetent and not knowing how to combine ideas that are very obviously strong has always made me think that theres no way the codex writers even play the game, or if they do, the people who write datasheets and stratagems arent the same people.
8th edition GW release the salamanders index that has a stratagem to deal mortal wounds on a 4+ to wound for flamers, and a stratagem to max out flamer shots without rolling, GW also forgets about Aggressors who have 2d6 flamer shots and allows them to shit on anything. Then they release an errata blaming players for "abusing" that strategy.
Or more recently, Necrons get something very similar, Immortals units can be given the cryptek keyword by having a cryptek character, people give them the keyword, then use the stratagem that gives cryptek/canoptek units devwounds.

Theres more examples ive just blanked out after years of this bullshit. But GW has never been able to understand if a ruleset is actually good or balanced or has the capacity for abuse or not. They just try.
>>
>>92579426
Wrong. The Traitor Guardsmen are from the kill team (probably without the upgrade sprue, and the pox walkers are from First Strike, not DI.
t. knower
>>
>>92579546
Bro im gonna be honest, I havent even looked at the new guard shit once I saw 10 guardsmen was £30 and I realised how low we had fallen
>>
>>92579580
You shouldn't look up the price of milk, butter or beer then. Everything's going down the shitter
>>
>>92579569
Free strats at the start of 10th alone was the most obvious
>What the fuck were you thinking
>>
>>92579527
>This is GW who hasn’t even got in on digital rules
All codices were published digitally in 8th edition, but that stopped being the standard in 9th edition. They were in on publishing every single thing digitally, and they chose to move away from that. They don't want to publish digitally. They have made the calculation that they're better off focusing on physical publications that funnel people into using their official app, and what free downloads are made available on Warhammer Community are only intended to be supplemental to the paid content.
>>
I like how were a year in and they still havent FAQ'd one shot weapons.
>>
>>92579586
That only makes it harder to justify buying plastic
>>
>>92579602
whats the problem with them?
>>
>>92579491
>Votann
Yeah
>World Eaters
Probably not, Angron's already back, onto the next Primarch.
>Eldar refresh
Really want one ideally with plastic Shadow Spectres, a Warp Spider Phoenix Lord (or Drastanta), and maybe Nuadhu to return. Expect nothing for 10e, maybe plastic WSes and nowt else, or a shitty redesign of a Phoenix Lord ala Nu-Ra.
>New SM Firstborn
Maybe.
>Primarch
100%. I'm betting on Vulkan even if most people think Corvus.
>Grey Knights
They're due one.
>Blood Angels
Not sure about 10e, could see them being featured heavy in 11 though.
>Space Wolves
Probably.
>ECs
Yes.
>Dark Mechanicum
I can dream but I don't see it ever happening. Why sell DM when they can make you buy AdMech AND Chaos to kitbash?
>Exodites
I've been waiting on exodites ever since 6e Fantasy codified Lizardmen properly and I figured they'd just repurpose a few kits. Never happened, never will.
>>
>>92579604
It holds value better than most currencies
>>
>>92579608
They fucking SUCK
>>
File: 1403886338907.jpg (218 KB, 716x1024)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>92579569
I liked the old lash of pleasure or whatever the fuck it was called that let you move an opponents unit 2d6 or something. It might have been a spell but anyway people would take 2 characters that let you do it so people would lash units from across the board.
I even believe Gav said he did not think people would do shit like that
>>
>>92579608
Unit enters a transport
Transport fires their one shot weapon
Is the one shot weapon used up? Firing deck means the vehicle is firing it and not the unit.
What if the unit disembarks and rembarks, can the vehicle fire a second one?

What about the strats that make a copy of a dead unit.
If that unit fired their one shot weapon, does the copy have a new one?
>>
>there are few girls in my local game place
>one have a night lords army
>once she gushes over konrad curze, how he's poor and misunderstood, other girls join her
>say he will probably flayed her alive for lulz
>she blushes a bit and smiles under her nose
women are weird
>>
>>92579630
>If that unit fired their one shot weapon, does the copy have a new one?
I believe they already ruled on that with GSC, or its just how its played. if the unit with a one shot weapon dies and gets replaced with a reinforcement strat, it counts as a different unit
>>
>>92579630
all of these could ne answered with rules as intended but because the modern 40k fan is a 2 IQ mongoloid they need an explicit answer to answer questions
>>
>>92579630
In these situations we often go by the "what makes sense" rule, but I suppose it's not applicable in a WAAC-enviornment
>>
>>92579212
One of the future fates of Illic Nightspear was him fighting against Harlequins barring his way.
>>
File: 1670209970222581.png (273 KB, 500x590)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>92579644
>um ackshually you shouldn't like Kurze because he'd flay you alive and decorate his walls with your remains
you're the weird one, fatso!
>>
>>92579644
Surely any bird that plays a chaos army is completely fucked in the head
>>
File: 1696134921429170.png (2.15 MB, 1419x1292)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB PNG
>>92579499
I like to mix in some blue with my metalics to make them look less shiny and "colder". This is how it looks like, you might like the effect as well.
>>
>>92579653
>believe they already ruled on that with GSC
Nope, tournaments have ruled on it.
But GW hasnt for whatever reason
>>
yes yes we had the leaked book that seems to indicate imperial agents codex and we had the emperors children index release indicating a codex coming for them

but dark mechanicum codex came to me in a dream so I know that's the redacted codex.
>>
>>92579630
What?
>>
File: 20240418_171454.jpg (2.87 MB, 4000x2250)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB JPG
>>92578956
Nobz are best with power klaws this edition, but the kit only comes with 3, but you're an ork player and you can build your own. You can also magnetize your deff dread to be flexible. I usually run 4 klaws but maybe rokkit launchas in dread mob. Get yourself a warboss, trukks, and grots
>>
>>92579836
>Nobz are best with power klaws this edition
That confirmed with the new dex?
>>
File: GreatUncleanchris.jpg (133 KB, 661x998)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
I sincerely hope this dark mechanicum and trator guard nonsense are both crappy detachments in the new CSM book.

Just like the beast snagga, anvil seige force, and legio cybernetica detachments: utterly forgettable, useless, half baked non-rules that leave the delusional dreams of a "full" dark mech or traitor guard codex dead and buried
>>
File: stompa.gif (7.23 MB, 1199x990)
7.23 MB
7.23 MB GIF
>>92578956
>>92578956
before you ask what you should buy next, how much of this is actually painted or even assembled, anon?

the bully boyz detachment is supposedly busted but other ones are fine from what I hear (minus the snaggas one)
>>
>>92578904
Welp, I took Inner Circle to a tourney this weekend and placed in the bottom. Can conclude finally everything that came out of the DA codex is a steaming shit. Realized about halfway through terminators in melee are just garbage defense wise AND damage wise and the detachment doesn't really help with either.
The -1 to wound is nice but its only against shooting so you still die to any actual melee threats. The +1 to wound/rr wound rolls is nice but its reliant on your opponent being a retard and its hardly relevant when all the big guys anyone ever brings either has -1 damage or halves damage, turning all your shit into glorified assault Intercessors effectively. The most useful units in the list wound up being Sternguard because they're fucking Sternguard, and Vanguard Veterans with jump packs because they have Deathwing and can use the stratagems to be annoying and do secondaries (eg 3" deep strike, -1 to wound... but it's hardly relevant when Inceptors functionally do the same fucking thing.)
Oal I think it's just fundamental problems with Marine melee damage- CSM do just fine because they have lethal hits whenever they want, but SM have to jump through hoops to get it and can't get it on terminators at all pretty much. Besides TH & Power Fists going up to str 10, idk what else they ought to change.
>>
>>92579836
>Nobz are best with power klaws this edition
Hell yeah, I fucking love power klaws
>>
>>92579889
Why are you placing the inner circle in your bottom
>>
>>92579888
>Metal Slug style Stompa
Fucking rad gif, saved
>>
File: sculptawardsshitty3.png (4 MB, 2454x1694)
4 MB
4 MB PNG
>>92579889
>because they're fucking sternguard

are they good now or something? everyone's been saying that sternguard were shit since shortly after they came out
>>
File: 20240411_194608~2.jpg (1.31 MB, 2250x3489)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>92578975
I prefer the kleenboyz too. Very visually bold
>>
>>92579875
i hope dark mech is a full army but is treated even worse than regular mech with a bunch of shit ugly models that dont get close to being as cool as the lore
copious amount of skitariii (but with spikes) instead of any cool deamon engines
>>
>>92579888
bully boyz is the patented money sink detachment to shift over priced shelf warmer elites onto retards
minimum requirement for entry is more money than sense or a 3D printer
>>
File: 20230806_104925~2.jpg (1.43 MB, 3748x2250)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>92579002
I have broadsword silver (pic) and hoplite gold. They're both good.
>>
>>92579888
There is an upsettingly small amount of dakka in that gif. Every single gap in the armor should have bullets streaming out of it, and the weapons should be firing nonstop not this measured shit.
>>
>>92579644
>few girls
Women don't play wargames.
>>
>lootas basically have a mek leader
>have to take a second mek to benefit from the mek detachment.
Bit annoying 'innit?
>>
>>92578975
I'd like to but I promised not to.
>>
>>92579694
any girl engaging in basement dweller hobbies to begin with is certain to be fucked in the head
that why we are all playing with toys together
>>
>>92578956
I'm in a very similar spot, it sucks cause I wanna go Kult of Speed but I've got Jack shit for those units. Might finally invest in a 3d printer, Orks is the only army I use that really warrants it.
>>
>>92579944
Their orbiters do
>>
>>92579948
Especially when the Mek special rule of reroll 1s is literally the same as what they have so they dont get anything from being led by a mek
>>
>>92579644
Yeah that totally happened anon.
>>
File: 20240219_152221.jpg (439 KB, 1080x1122)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>92579900
They do dev wounds with their shooting, so you can point them at anything and they'll do work. Hordes, elites, big guys, anything really, especially since you can reroll ones against oath targets.
Their melee is actually pretty good too, an extra attack compared to the average marine doesn't sound like much but it really stacks up when you have like Azrael or a Lieutenant stapled to them giving them sustained hits. Pic unrelated
>>
>>92579760
It does look quite darker, what paints do you mix together and at what ratio?
>>
>>92579973
aaah didn't even notice that, what a shame
>>
>>92579973
Thats a big mek your thinking of, normal mek dosent even do that
>>
>>92579902
>White paint job for Orks
Beautiful, anon. Any more pics?
>>
>>92579844
NTA but I'm waiting to see the dex listing first, I have a squad of 10 nobz but only 7 of them have power klaws, I've got 2 with killsaws and 1 with what looks like a harpoon (both which don't exist in the codex anymore). Makes me think they could bring them back to make all the sprue compatible with the codex
>>
>>92579944
>>92579982
Note that he didn't say pretty ones, so it is believable.
>>
>>92580038
>harpoon
That'd be a power stabba, anon. It's not coming back. Leaks (austismspex) say that nobz are unchanged, save for their bodyguard rule which only works against higher strength weapons now.
>>
File: 20240422_082348.jpg (515 KB, 1080x1165)
515 KB
515 KB JPG
>>92578904
>Balance patch Thursday (probably)
What do you expect them to fuck up this time, /40kg/?
>>
File: 1693465254756395.png (253 KB, 1067x800)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>92580016
In this case it was vallejo game colour chainmail mixed with a little bit (1:4 or so I'd say) of sombre grey, then drybrushed over black primer, and then a black wash.
>>
>>92579361
Thanks! I'll keep waiting for the lore section I guess, if anyone has the patience to photo/scan it
>>
>>92580058
there are no actually balance changes, it's just points so yea, it's gonna suck
>>
>>92580049
I'll just have to use the rest as a proxy for klaws or something, also got 10 nobz with big choppas (that were given to me), doubt I'll use those

Interesting to see that it's unchanged, if that's the case they should probably change the sprue to better suit it, take out all of the shit that isn't coming back and just replace it with power klaws
>>
>>92580058
CSM everything down 5 or 10 points. Increase Forgefiend by 20 points.
>>
>>92580059
Grease Sombrero?
>>
>>92580058
Custodes dont get point decreases to match their nerfs
Tyranids get irrelevant point decreases where it doesnt matter and biovore gets point increase
AdMech becomes even cheaper OR they nerf Kataphrons
Necrons get 20 point increases on ctans
>>
>>92579965
I'd also love to go Kult of Speed if it supports squighogs as well. The idea of a biker/squigrider gang heavily appeals to me
>>
>>92580038
Here ya go lad. The chan won't let me upload the whole book
>>
>>92580082
Unfortunately the nobz sprue won't be changed anytime soon. Orks got their token model for their dex, and even have a few resin kits that'd need updates first.
I used to really like the nobz kit. They were a jack-of-all-trades unit that you could run pure melee with choppas+klawz/sawz or pure shooty with kombi weapons.
Now it's just klawz, with kombi weapons not even worth taking. At least their melee is pretty good still.
>>
>>92579844
Klaw and big choppa stats aren't changing in the codex. 90% of the time you're gonna want S and AP over WS
>>
>>92580126
Kult of speed's detachment rule only affects speed freeks (buggies, warbikers, bikerboss, and possibly deffkoptas can't actually remember this one)
Most of their strats and enhancements are the same.
>>
>>92580153
Which is a shame because big choppas are really cool-looking alongside klawz. I love my huge axes.
>>
>>92580109
Tyranids would be fine if they revert some of the points changes from last patch and priced the Swarm Lord/ Hive Tyrant correctly to account for the stratagem nerf finally- they had absolutely no business making lictors & neurolictors so overcosted with how shitty the army is oal at killing things. I'm fine with them sucking at killing stuff if their schtick is 'garbage models good at scoring/fucking with your army a la battle shock.'
>>
>>92580126
Why on earth would it? Speed freaks and snaggas are very different. And infact it does not
>>
>>92580154
yep deffkoptas are icnluded and i'd say they are the best units in that detachment in fact
>>
>>92580098
That's the name of my tape
>>
>>92580130
Do you have a link for the book? The one I pre ordered probably won't arrive for a while

>>92580136
That's a shame, also no idea why they got rid of kill saws in that unit, were they considered to be too strong or something? I do laugh when I see the ammo runt attached to the group, it's close to useless now
>>
Women don't belong in 40k
>>
>>92579948
>>92579973
That's why you put a shokk attack gun with the lootas, they give him full rerolls against dudes on objectives, and he gives them the mek keyword
>>
>>92580186
Hope your transition goes smoothly jerryete
>>
File: 20240331_182346.jpg (2.02 MB, 4000x2250)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
>>92580035
Looks better from far away
>>
>>92580165
Yeah I was just posting what the fuck ups would be.
Hive Tyrants/Swarm are super overpriced. They could easily go down to 150 for flyrant, 160 for walkrant and 180 for swarmlord.
Lictors honestly arent terrible. 60 points for stealth lone op and you can drop them with free ingress? Yeah they'll fold to anything within 12 and arent going to kill anything unless they magically get to approach a shitty chaff squad with leader but they are very useful and cheap for what they are.
>>
File: J7UtVOPi0wEw87zE.jpg (82 KB, 1000x555)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
All this talk about clones, and yet nary a mention of the mighty Leagues of Votann. For shame on you all.
>>
Am I right in thinking you roll for each bubble chukka sepertaly? It seems like it's the best gun desu
>>
>>92580202
I really love it anon. Hoping to see more stuff soon.
>Wite lightnin
Is that klan name?
>>
Is there any IK, CK or Titan legionm that uses mainly blue and black as their colours? I'm getting the idea of swapping my Knights scheme for the third time but I'm gonna end up running out of war dogs and they're going to look schizophrenic on the table.
>>
>>92580219
Forgot image

>>92580184
There is one on telegram that's where I found it
>>
>>92580218
The Kin have souls. Dim souls but souls nonetheless. How can they be considered clones?
>>
>>92580168
This is nice because I love the koptas.
>>
>>92580058
All points costs in the game increase by 20%
Except AdMech who remain unchanged
>>
>>92580227
KMK going down to ap-1 is such a kick in the dick
>>
>>92580154
>>92580166
I should note I didn't expect it to, I just think lumping the two together into one big gang of riderz would be fun thematically. 9e codex even had a fun little short story about a snagga and a speed freek competing to see whether bikes or squigs could cause more damage faster.
>>
>>92580251
Yeah I think bubble chucka is the best choice now, followed closely by the smasha
>>
>>92580218
Who?
>>
File: 20240401_152123-COLLAGE.jpg (1.24 MB, 2160x3840)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>92580223
Judas priest lyrics
>black thunder, white lightning, speed demons cry
>the hell patrol
https://youtu.be/qp9fqO4etHM?feature=shared
>>
>>92580227
>Traktor cannon
>Anti fly dev wounds
The fact that fly does literally nothing for your big fancy daemon primarchs except except allow them to get one shot by a couple of these will never not be funny to me.
>>
>>92580251
You WILL use the smasha and you WILL like it
>>
>>92580289
Are you kidding? Fly let's them actually move about the board
>>
>>92580289
Fly is an incredible keyword to have, it's just no longer noclip.
>>
>>92580299
Naa bubblechuka is new best friend. You can roll for it before rolling for your dreadmob detachment rule so you can pick the best one
>>
>>92580227
What the fuck did they do to the kmk.
Post Stompa?
>>
File: 1705335069707702.png (1.52 MB, 1000x1376)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
These are cool as hell but GW really needs to think of a better system for these non elite miniatures, maybe give them less detailed models or something because if not you have to blow like $600+ to have like 1000 points of Kroot.
And while yes I am sure GW appreciates and likes this, surely people who would consider a Kroot army are put off by their horrible points to price ratio.
>>
>>92580301
>>92580308
You get blocked by buildings which was the only reason it was worth having, it's effectively a shittier version of titanic, or whatever the rule is that lets knights walk over 4" terrain.
>>
Shouldn't the balance dataslate be out today
I want to laugh at ctanfags
>>
>>92580333
Fly lets you run over enemy models still which is good for falling back.
You arent wrong and they neutered fly but its really important for battlesuits
>>
>>92580231
because they literally are clones, they have a set database of strains and they make clones of those, sometimes they mix shit up or add some extra genetic enhancement, but they're cloned

clones end up soulless or unlucky or whatever only if you do the cloning wrong (ie, by relying exclusively on genetic sciences and forgetting the psychic component)
primarchs are, in a sense, clones(+), kriegers are clones, the dark eldar routinely clone themselves to have bodies they can return to upon death, fabius does a similar thing
so clones in warhammer aren't inherently impossible, despite it being taboo in the imperium
the meme stems from ONE infamous instance where the high lords tampered with genetic engineering and cloning to make a whole army where every soldier was a clone of some imperial hero, or a mixture of genetic codes of veterans and imperial heroes, that experiment and that experiment alone ended disastrously due to being nowhere near as effective as the expectations or even worse than normal soldiers seemingly due to bad luck (the "soullessness" people mention in the memetic retelling)
but it's not a rule, just like it's not a rule that AI rebels
>>
>>92578959
and this is different from the card game C7 is also doing?
>>
>>92580363
Balance updates come out on Thursdays.
January was an exception because they wanted to get it out before the end of the month.
>>
>>92578959
I would have bought a Vermintide Board game if GW bothered to make that
>>
>>92580333
Being able to move over models and ignoring engagement range during your move is just as important.
It's not as overpowered as it was in 9e but 9e FLY was like the single best movement keyword you could have and shit like Angron noclipping through the map was stupid as fuck.
>>
>>92580231
Votann have extremely weak lore at the moment and only some shortstory tidbits have bothered to deal with the holes or questions. Like the robos going apeshit during the Pariah Nexus.
>>
>>92579387
that had a new model and was a good price for the contents of the box in general
>>
>>92580441
>vermintide board game
>Ubersreik 5 is "represented" by random AOS minis
>>
>>92580327
I can't ignore the fact that the repeater cannon only shoots 4 times before needing a reload, why GW?
>>
Anyone have a .pdf for Galaxy of Horror? Looks like a fun anthology.
>>
>units with the FLY keyword can treat all vertical movement up to 5" as 1"
How would this be? It would allow fly units to almost ignore terrain but not completely.
>>
>>92579543
>>92580449
Plus it was the only way you could get the new termegants for a while besides buying a whole ass leviathan box before they put out the actual kit.
>>
>>92580480
They don't actually lose that much movement, usually on average you're losing 2 to 3 inches of movement when moving over stuff that's 4 to 5 tall, depending on how close you are, of course.
I don't think FLY needs buffs honestly. It's a great keyword, being able to not be moveblocked is the main reason Bloodthirsters are guaranteed to make a mess.
>>
>>92580511
How does a Winged Daemon Prince of Khorne compare to a Bloodthirster?
>>
>>92580227
>orks have better guns than admech
loving every laugh
>>
>>92580524
>technologically superior race has better guns
No shit
>>
>>92580413
Damn had it in my head for mondays.
Ready for the massacre
>>
>>92580323
Stompa is entirely unchanged. Of course with a mek giving him +1 to hit, and the dread mobs strats he has mental damage output
>>
>>92580458
GW cannot into guns
>azraels_combiplas.webp
>>
>>92580444
>and shit like Angron noclipping through the map was stupid as fuck
That's what he does in the lore, it's stupid as fuck that it doesn't translate that way to the tabletop, and (biggest point of all) it was never an issue in the entirety of 9th and every edition before that when that was how fly worked. Yeah, moving through walls makes them faster, but it's still stupidly easy to bodyblock characters like Angron since he has a giant ass base that makes him easy to zone off. It just made the rules a little less retarded that you didn't have to go ALL THE WAY AROUND A BUILDING because the guy you're right next to is like an inch away on the other side of the wall.
>>
File: 1691733285439973.png (379 KB, 669x691)
379 KB
379 KB PNG
>>92580480
>units with the FLY keyword can treat all vertical movement up to 5" as 1"
Bigger issue is ruins are treated as "infinite height" so it wouldn't change anything.

Honestly them being slightly bigger than infantry sized monsters fuck them more than fly.
Fucking wraiths nearly the same size but can run through walls because whoever the fuck wrote the necron codex can eat shit its been a beast for a few edition but its still stupid.
>>
File: IMG_20240422_164333.jpg (963 KB, 2859x1242)
963 KB
963 KB JPG
>>92580457
this is the best gw can use to represent them
>>
>>92579276
to me TTS is more canon than the garbage lore that James has been vomiting up these days.
>>
>>92580564
It was fine if by fine you mean the best movement effect in the game, a keyword that made anything with jump shoot jump literally impossible to interact with, any melee threat with it able to threaten half the board and any unit with a chance to get it would pay whater upgrade cost it was to get it.
It was also a pretty bad simulation. I can only move 12 inches in a straight line but for some reason any five story building in the middle doesn't count, I can just jump over it easily despite models like Angron clearly needing to take off since they're grounded most of the time.
Nah. I can get a buff like making any non-horizontal movement count as less, but if there's 2 fucking buildings between you and me you shouldn't be able to threaten me because you have the funny disable hitbox keyword.
>>
File: 1691168055132373.png (1.16 MB, 811x1021)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>92580593
Old Man Lion trying to make amends for the past after realizing his callousness caused half his legion to revolt (chunks of which wouldn't have even done so had they known what the fuck was going on) is a nice direction to take his character that I like.
>>
Stompa this, stompa that. How are the mork/gorkanauts? Are they worth taking in the dread mob? How about the mega/meka dreads?
>>
>>92580635
>It was the best movement keyword in le game!!!
One of them has to be anon
>Lists a bunch of shit that can be countered by intelligent positioning
Unironically a skill issue
>>
File: 480px-WarDogBrigand.jpg (45 KB, 480x480)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
War dogs are cute
>>
>>92578959
>>92580587
It's rather funny considering Fatshark put more effort into minis for a joke trailer remake back in the day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPU-PZQHEKY
>>
>>92580690
truly Gw laziness knows no bounds at times
>>
>>92578904
I know this question is probably stupid but could I use imperial guard vehicles in an admech army?
>>
>>92580743
no
they also get no special bonus when souping knights like they used too
>>
File: 1644171200482.jpg (47 KB, 428x318)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Wait, you can't choose the weapons/modules of crisis battlesuits?
That sucks...
>>
>>92580668
I admit your concession. Glad we agree old FLY was stupid.
>>
How can I make my GSC look more like slaughterhouse workers than miners? Was reading lore and the Innerwyrm sound neat, want to make my cult the denizens of orbital slaughterhouse-stations that process void whales and meat from megafauna on the planet they orbit.
>>
>>92580666
Gorkanaut and Mekadread are right on the precipice of being staples.
Mekadread being able to heal+buff himself and is fairly tanky
Gorkanaut>Morkanaut unless you play against a ton of Tau

Both are just slightly annoying to move across most boards as their main downsides
>>
File: 7Iq6XBECoo8GibL2.jpg (252 KB, 1000x711)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
What happens here?
>>
>>92580869
That's the plumbing department
>>
>>92580862
By buying the corpsegrinder munda squad instead of the GSC squads for the majority of your troops and only use some bits to make them look like genestealers.
>>
>>92580869
What do they eat?
>>
>>92580864
Alright sweet. I'll have to fire up my printer and get back to work on my naut
>>
>>92580882
Do Eldar even eat? It's weird that I don't know the answer to this question for sure.
>>
>>92579421
>They'll be unique sprues as singles

What a fucking waste of money.
>>
File: 1624625898173.jpg (69 KB, 640x960)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>92580869
Don't worry about it.
>>
>>92580895
Welcome to 40K
>>
>>92579573
>Traitor Guard from BSF box set
wrong
>The Traitor Guardsmen are from the kill team
Most likely also wrong, because then you would get 10, not 4 just 4 like on the pictures.
The sprue layout of the Blooded does not allow to add only one sprue either.
>>
>>92580878
I’ll level with you, I forgot about those guys. They are pretty great. I already have a squad of basic neophytes and some acolytes done, went with the circular saw and kitbasthed the rock shears into a big chainsaw using the sentinel saw. Mixing corpse grinders in throughout the army is a good call though, anon.
>>
>>92578975
It looks pretty good. More chipping and weathering, I always pick out my rivets in exposed metal.

I think the next things you can improve on are getting stronger freehand and working back over your contrast paint skin colors - your checks are nice and straight but it looks like you just put one layer down and considered that good enough for Orks. Unfortunately it just looks like exactly what it is, thin paint. Good looking, worn down decals and freehand should be strong blocks of the color, then like the metal chipping, you sponge the underlying color back in to give it an old, flakey look.

As for the skin tone, I don't think you need instruction on that, I remember your paint process was originally 100% contrast with no followup work and you've already gone miles beyond that on the blue areas, so just figure out your workflow for doing the same on the skin.
>>
>>92580869
fuhgeddaboudit
>>
>>92580788
It needed to happen if free wargear was going to be a thing, otherwise they'd be impossible to balance without all but one or two options being decent.
I think it works out in your favor considering they're fundamentally battleline units now, which is a little silly
>>
File: 1704742324050772.jpg (189 KB, 1201x1698)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>92580869
Nothing of note, dont worry about it.
>>
>>92580593
>>92580637
Ladies, ladies! You're BOTH shit!
>>
>>92580839
>I admit your concession
And I emphasize my original point that you're probably a retard who doesn't know how to position to deal with fly since it was a problem that affected only you apparently
>>
>>92580916
Its a custom sprue. Likely one for all the heroes and one for the enemies
Despite every retard saying "no bro it takes £50,000 to make custom sprue molds" GW is more than happy to make random plastic sprues for single minis and custom off shoot games.
>>
>>92580839
>I admit your concession
>Retarded and ESL
>>
>>92580587
Replace the Empire swordsman with one of the new Cities of Sigmar minis and the slayer with a fyreslayer and you've got it
>>
File: PXL_20240421_220324453.jpg (1.47 MB, 3518x1388)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
>>92580923
Not sure if you're thinking of the same anon, anon.

My ork skin tone uses a contrast that's diluted into what is essentially a wash. I put that over orruk flesh, and then go back over areas that need brightened up or darker recesses. I've used contrast paint for ork skin on one single model, and never again because it looked shit. Unfortunately for meganobz skin isn't the focal point and is tougher to get right. I'll show a picture of what my ork skin really looks like.
As for the checks, there are multiple layers of white, I just didn't bother to skip over them when doing the wash. I did that for some of my meganobz but not all, as you can see here (this is before attempting damage).
>Good looking, worn down decals and freehand should be strong blocks of the color, then like the metal chipping, you sponge the underlying color back in to give it an old, flakey look.
This is a great idea actually. I'll have to give that a shot.
>>
File: 1707206315730457.jpg (161 KB, 746x1024)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>92580869
>>
>>92579023
You must be +18 to be here, donkey poster
>>
>>92580986
+18 in what stat? INT? CHA?
Stat checks are a terrible mechanic.
>>
File: PXL_20231015_211519021.jpg (625 KB, 2467x1033)
625 KB
625 KB JPG
>>92580980
>I'll show a picture of what my ork skin really looks like
Here is my ork skin on some Boyz where you can see it clearer (though keep in mind, the light here makes it look way more yellow than it is).
I think out of everything with my Orks, this is the thing I've gotten down to a T.
>>
>>92580966
>Despite every retard saying "no bro it takes £50,000 to make custom sprue molds" GW is more than happy to make random plastic sprues for single minis and custom off shoot games.

Indeed, because its quite cheap to do that if you have the digital assets already, and also can do all the tooling inhouse, by people and machines you pay for anyway.
>>
File: 40k_biophagus.png (4.19 MB, 2396x1968)
4.19 MB
4.19 MB PNG
>>92580862
I painted them white and used a little sponge to paint blood splatters on them.
>>
>>92580637
I like him even more ever since that Youtube guy made him Welsh.
https://youtu.be/MnBb89zrCO0
It just fits so well.
>>
>>92580999
In age
>>
File: DSC_0086.jpg (3.19 MB, 5134x3729)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB JPG
>>92578975
>How can I improve this battle damage?
Sponge, rust and oil mark, don't abuse it, but yours looks pretty good
>>
File: 40k_gsc_sargeant.jpg (117 KB, 637x619)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>92581009
more pics
>>
>>92581020
>Sponge, rust and oil mark
Would you mind elaborating? I'm pretty retarded so I don't exactly understand this sentence
>>
>>92581018
What If you're a natty 28, but haven't came across any age-altering potions/equipment or artifacts yet?
>>
File: 292727b.jpg (86 KB, 745x663)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
Grug 40k game dev
Grug see army good? Make point go up
Grug see army bad? Make point go down
Grug fix game good
>>
>>92572532
you're nuts, killa kans have been great lots of times. 6 small blasts plates from grotzookas caused shitloads of wounds and then a lot of stuff strugged to even hurt them in combat with armor 11
>>
>>92581068
Thanks grug
>>
File: 20220516_221250.jpg (420 KB, 2619x1386)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
>>92581001
These are the only orks I've painted. I don't even remember how I did them.
>>
File: pepe thumbs up.png (253 KB, 860x656)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>92581068
Thanks Grug, don't know where 40k would be without you.
>>
File: 1697703017878293.png (980 KB, 1152x1414)
980 KB
980 KB PNG
>>92580869
Inclusiveness and equality.
>>
>>92581068
Can Grug define good and bad
>>
>>92581105
looks like purple contrast over white paint and agrax over green
>>
>>92579485
>why can't these fucking people put aside their egos and fucking give it a break with these pissing and dick measuring contests
Congratulations, you’ve described corporate office politics in a sentence.
>>
lol diversity and equality
Your lore means nothing get ready to get woke!
>>
>>92581123
Probably right on the green, but don't use contrast so I think its just purple. Idk, and idc.
>>
File: 1687923840873929.png (750 KB, 587x860)
750 KB
750 KB PNG
He is so getting a model this Orktober bros
>>
>>92581153
Hes going to lose his hat.
>>
>>92581153
And then put to legends
>>
>>92581165
blasphemy
>>
File: IMG_20231125_1.jpg (2.09 MB, 4895x2757)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
>>92581037
>Would you mind elaborating?
Sure,using a sponge give a more random appereance to the damage, maybe it's shrapnel from an artillery shell.
For rust it's self explanatory, metal rust, put it around rivets, exposed metal stuff like that, maybe under the scratches you made to give them depth
Oil is the same, specially for the orks. I'm not that good at it, I usually just put a diluted orange under a scratch.
Richard Gray speak a lot about battle damage in his tutorials, I think the one about his IF Levihatan dread has a lot of good advices Sorry for the ESL
>>
>>92581009
>>92581022
Very nice, anon. I like the killing floor bases a lot.
>>
>>92581153
hope he gets even more snazzier
>>
>>92581153
He needs a size buff.
>>
File: 92726317.jpg (72 KB, 499x410)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>92581117
Easy. Grug just look how many wins army have
Grug see army win more than marines? Army too good
Army see army win less than marines?
Army too bad
Grug ignore when marines win less than other armies tho- they always bad cuz only Gruglets play them
>>
File: FB_IMG_1713801968190.jpg (78 KB, 1080x1440)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>92578975
stinky boy
I also can't seem to replicate exactly what I did here because I was half drunk and half asleep , the others are passible , but I can't get it the same again
>>
>>92581244
>Grug ignore when marines win less than other armies tho- they always bad cuz only Gruglets play them
Thrugg now see bias inherent in system. Thrugg no trust Grug
>>
>>92581153
they should make another Ork killteam. This time for Ork Freebooters.

they could use the Kommando sprue, then add an upgrade kit for it. Heaps of pirate hat heads ( with several of them having eye patches), power hooks, grappling guns, blunderbuss shootas, boarding shields, shoulder-squigs.

also REALLY snazzy pistols.
>>
>>92580058
Game will still be the worst, most bloated edition yet and it will trudge along until the next edition is announced which will also be a bloated mess.
>>
File: PXL_20240422_154830156.jpg (1005 KB, 3339x1612)
1005 KB
1005 KB JPG
>>92581194
alright, i see what you mean now. No worries, i figured it was just a typo and you meant "sponge rust and oil marks" which turns out was mostly true.
Those look really good. I've gotta say, I don't think ive ever gotten sponging down. The metal parts on the edges are done with a sponge, but it doesnt look nearly as scattered and random as yours do. So, i've gotta ask: how do you do your sponging? is there a specific type sponge you rip up?
As for rust and oil, I'll keep those in mind if my plan doesn't produce the results I want. My current plan for moving forward is to sponge black spots instead of metallic, and then paint metallic in the bigger spots to add depth between the paint and the bare metal. It'll also add a splattered oil effect.

Here's a couple more models I added some scratches to last night. I like scratches, but I think I went overboard with these two. I still need to add the sponge parts, too.
>>
>>92581105
looks like orruk flesh washed with agrax.
>>
File: 20240422_090849.jpg (115 KB, 582x785)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>92578975
Introducing Shuugash, Daemon Prince of Nurgle
>>92581284
still a WIP but I'm in love with this kitbash.
>>
File: miracles.jpg (212 KB, 1200x1600)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>plastic box for $3
>A4 sized steel sheet for $2.5
>superglue for $2
>magnets for $4
This thing is genius, fucking magnets. Shame I need a larger box for one can hold only a single combat patrol.
>>
>>92581285
I've been thinking a lot about this, they should make a kill team with the flash git kit and the pirate grot sprue from way back when badrukk was released.
Each gun part would do something, plasma barrel has plasma gun stats, combi mega blasta bit has melta stats, underslug guns give second shoot, etc. 5 freebootaz with pseudo 3 apl and 2 grots would make for a good team.
>>
>>92581339
It's cheap as fuck in a hobby where you need money anyway and it doesn't seem super size-efficient
>>
>>92581303
>how do you do your sponging? is there a specific type sponge you rip up?
People use sponge when in fact most of us use foam, I got mine from a package where they used as protection. I just dip it in paint (rhinox hide) remove the exces, then I just apply it by lightly tapping.
>>
>>92581339
If youre transporting it, then a couple of these in a for life bag covered by something is super covert and really sturdy.
For storage I would recommend grabbing a glue gun, some polyester foam sheet and customising a storage box. Either big cardboard or the proper plastic boxes. Built one that can contain around 3k points of nids while being orderly, or 6k if I dont give a shit about pouring gaunts in
>>
>>92581447
interesting, that's what i've been seeing from some google searches–people using pluck foam instead of sponge.
I should have some of that laying around the house, i'll have to give it a shot when i get home.
Thanks for the help, anon. I strive to improve.
>>
>>92581242
fucking size queens
>>
>>92579760
Really nice dark metal color there anon, congrats!
>>
>>92579174
This is the only way i get games in.
I havent played a non-me opponent since 7th
>>
>>92581254
that's a lot of technical paints
>>
>>92581455
I'll get a large plastic box that can hold in stuff, I won't be needing to magnetize it since it won't be moving. The one I made fits in my backpack just nice and I can carry it around to play Combat Patrols with a friend who's also just starting. I now need to assemble my rockgrinder and paint the rest of the stuff once I got the paints.
>>
>Games Workshop's CFO just sold £700k worth of GW stock
>>
>>92581569
sky is falling you say?
>>
>>92581579
Who knows. But it's odd for a director to liquidate 67% of their holdings in their own company.
>>
>>92581598
transfer of power?
who bought?
>>
>>92581612
Unfortunately that information is not published. So it wasn't another director.
The shares sold for several different prices rather than a single markup so likely just dumped on the open market.
>>
Can tanks enter ruins provided there's a hole in the walls wide enough for them to fit or only walkers can do so?
>>
>>92581569
This is it boys, the implosion begins. Only question now is if it'll be over fast or if it'll be drawn out.
>>
>>92581620
They can, they can't shoot outside though until they're fully in, while they can be shot.
>>
File: 1687342307550840.png (924 KB, 1171x880)
924 KB
924 KB PNG
>>92580869
The Khan's breeding grounds
>>
File: 06a.png (209 KB, 510x346)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>92581569
>>92581598
>>92581619
>>
>>92581478
Thank you kindly anon, I wanted something dark but clean since I like my Knights clean even if they're chaosy, so happy to know it landed.
>>
>>92581569
>>92581631
Rountree has about £1.5m in GW stock so if he starts selling it's going down.
>>
I pronounce Cawl like scowl.
>>
>>92579259
They do, but as of a few years ago, they don't have more than 1 employee in each store at any given time, so they can easily be overwhelmed, or have to go do something else for 15 minutes.
>>
>>92581633
I wish they could bulldoze through walls.
Last game I played was really annoying because my friend placed some ruins way too close to each other so I had to move around to get into the center and my Dorn did fuckall for about 2 turns.
On that note, to rotate tanks without a base or monster with oval bases they have to account the movement it takes them to rotate where they want to face or was I cheated out of 2+" every time I wanted to move when trying to navigate that shithole of a city?
>>
>>92581636
means something's going to happen where a lot of people will lose a lot of money
>>
>>92580918
>>92580862
don't forget about this kit too
>>
>>92581699
I'm not sure, I think when you move a vehicle you move whichever part moved the most, and that would be equivalent to what you were doing most of the time.
>>
>>92581728
>you measure* whichever part moved the most
>>
>>92581705
>One tweet actually managed to kill GW
Guess they fucked around and found out.
>>
>>92581736
I don't think that anyone cares anymore. People stopped spamming every WarCom tweet with unrelated shitposts already.
>>
File: 1692027625820315.png (19 KB, 287x101)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
What did James mean by this
>>
>>92581736
nobody cares anymore
even the tourists who spammed this place down for a week are gone seeing as people can actually discuss their models and games again
>>
>>92581752
What else would have caused it? TOW is selling great and nobody cares about AoS.
>>
>>92581474
He's still right.
>>
>>92579630
>What about the strats that make a copy of a dead unit.
>If that unit fired their one shot weapon, does the copy have a new one
A new unit has a new one-shot weapon and anyone arguing otherwise is a fucking retard since it doesn't make sense either narratively (why the fuck would REINFORCEMENTS come in with their missiles already expended when they're fresh troops) or mechanically (it's treated as a new unit for all purposes, if you argue it doesn't get a new one-shot weapon are you also gonna say it doesn't provide more victory points for Bring it Down or Assassinate? Of course not)
>>
>>92581764
>Anyone who disagrees with me is a tourist
We're still here you self-important, arrogant faggot.
>>
>>92581569
>>92581598
Anon you have to announce stock sales as CEO/CFO months in advance.

Its also somewhat common, you cant just dump the whole thing at once
>>
>>92581765
tow is not selling all that hot apparently
not to mention the less fun possibility of "he wanted to buy a house and liquidated some stock"
>>
>>92580637
>Le wrong side of history resting face

"I should have accepted my so- doughtier when she transitioned..."
>>
>>92581788
>tow is not selling all that hot apparently
Didn't they announce it surpassed their expectations and they were going to widen the scope of the project because of how successful it was?
>>
>>92581788
>not to mention the less fun possibility of "he wanted to buy a house and liquidated some stock"
Would be funny if it was just this.
>>
>>92581778
uh huh, that's why the amount of shitflinging has dropped to next-to-nothing
>>
>>92581620
Yea so long as you are playing with L ruins.
Which is pretty much everyone since only the biggest fags on the planet play with full box ruins.
>>
>>92581788
>tow is not selling all that hot apparently
yeah bro that's why they squatted the entire Beasts of Chaos army from Age of Sigmar to put it on square bases for TOW, even models which never existed in Warhammer Fantasy....
>>
File: PXL_20240420_183218192.jpg (843 KB, 3727x1386)
843 KB
843 KB JPG
remember to supply your LGS with homemade terrain to break up the constant stream of L shaped ruins
>>
>>92581809
Considering any big stock sales from c suites have to be cleared by the company it's by far the most likely option. Doesn't make for a good story though
>>
>>92581825
They should be the ones to supply me as they charge $5 for a game.
>>
>>92581835
i am very sorry to hear that anon
garagehammer might be best in your situation
>>
File: cool nids.jpg (68 KB, 1075x320)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Post cool nids
>>
>>92581825
But all the tourneyfaggots are constantly having an aneurysm over each terrain piece that isn't an L shaped ruin
>>
>>92581909
cool nids
>>
>>92581712
I’ll keep an eye out for them. Most of the Corpse Grinder range is out of stock currently, so I’ll be sticking with basic GSC stuff for now.
>>
File: 1711749937610328.gif (2.47 MB, 480x408)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB GIF
>>92581635
>the dark eldar vivisected the khan, made a frame from his bones, put his viscera and organs in said frame and stretched out his half flayed and still feeling skin as a canvas on the said frame and tattooed that picture on it with a rusty nail
>>
>>92581825
L ruins are a symptom of the system, you putting some foam rocks on the table doesn't fix that
>>
>>92581985
>dont want to play with nothing but L shaped ruins
>LGS has cool rocks instead
>use those
>>
>>92581825
is that just polystyrene foam rocks?
>>
>>92579491
Exodites would be dangerous to my wallet so never ever tier
>>
>>92581992
Yes and you pay for that with a shittier game, because the problem isn't the supply of foam, it's the rules.
>>
>>92579491
space wolves and bangel refreshes are all but guaranteed for the near future
joytoy even released their own primaris sanguinary guard so you know those are coming soon
>>
>>92582004
>Yes and you pay for that with a shittier game
how exactly would it be a shittier game? now you're using terrain that has an impact on the game and how you move your models instead of ruins that can just be moved straight through and provide cover, on top of looking the exact same as every other game
>>92581994
yes
>>
>>92582024
It would have been faster to say you don't play than ask this retarded question
>>
>>92582050
>didn't even attempt to explain
i accept your concession
>>
File: 1626259434512.png (41 KB, 256x314)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>92582024
>now you're using terrain that has an impact on the game
>>
>>92582069
Anyone who has played the game intuitively understands why Ls are used. Why explain it when you're so retarded you can't grasp it?
>>
>>92582024
>how exactly would it be a shittier game? now you're using terrain that has an impact on the game and how you move your models

Just be honest
What gunline army do you play?
>>
>>92581944
>gif
Good lad
>>
File: 1689875375424773.png (18 KB, 298x66)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>92581760
Seriously though it's not a typo, what's up with that
>>
>>92582097
shrimplified
>>
>>92582097
A product of CL being able to lead units and be transported in a way that makes it problematic where the Termie CL is mid
>>
>>92582097
>what's up with that
Actual answer is a character getting a 2+ save and +1 toughness doesnt matter that much since the entire unit exists to eat their wounds.

It looks dumb at first glance but the actual answers going to be because the terminator lords worse than the non terminator lord despite the higher stat profile.
CSM doesnt play terminators, so the lord who can only lead terminators doesn't see play so they reduce his points.
Meanwhile chosen and regular marines are common and regular lords are everywhere.
>>
>>92582024
>now you're using terrain that has an impact on the game and how you move your models
you mean planet bowling ball where gun lines just blow you up from your deployment zone. The reason people use ruins is because they prevent alpha strikes. If you're using rocks that are houseruled to mechanically function as ruins you're accomplishing nearly the same thing.

Infantry being able to move over terrain more easily than vehicles is an intentional gameplay and narrative element. It sounds like you basically just want to bring a parking lot and are mad that you can't
>>
>>92582157
>If you're using rocks that are houseruled to mechanically function as ruins you're accomplishing nearly the same thing.
I mean, there's no house ruling the shape, unless you're just using L shaped rock formations
>>
>>92581820
NTA but I hope you're not seriously implying they moved over the beastmen range over to ToW because you unironically think they're popular and GW needed to "save" them by switching their game. I literally never ever once saw a BoC in my life. Them getting squatted was quite literally the first time I saw any presence for them and even then it was retarded model hoarders whining they'd never get to theoretically use their models in a game now.
>>
>>92582090
orks. i'm tired of just moving models directly through terrain. it's boring.
>>92582086
forgive me anon, I don't adhere to your esoteric understanding of each terrain piece and it's specific role in the game, i just play the game.
Shitposting aside, explain what i'm not getting here. From my understanding, L shaped ruins are just used to hide behind so you don't get shot off the board turn 1. maybe to get some cover from on occasion. The boring part comes from being able to move directly through them during your turn. There's no thought to movement with them.
>>92582157
thanks for actually explaining it. Truth is, I prefer houseruled "ruins" rocks because in my mind it's more fun to play around terrain than through it. it could be a symptom of only playing infantry. I'm just so bored of ignoring terrain.
>>
File: file.jpg (136 KB, 1000x1000)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
are you getting the rerelease of the old dreadnoughts?
>>
File: 1691577266063220.png (63 KB, 269x187)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>92582235
Why couldnt they make deff dreads good in their own detachment
>>
>>92582217
Well yes, the shape is the important part. A circle doesn't provide the same sort of cover as an L in any capacity, and that just leads to you getting blapped.

I refuse to believe you really think this is esoteric, any even halfway decent army would laugh all the way to a 100vp game on that board with the foam rocks
>>
File: Emperor_Karl_Franz.PNG.png (669 KB, 436x861)
669 KB
669 KB PNG
Who is the Karl Franz of WH40k?
>>
>>92582243
>dread mob detachment
>3 deff dreads
it sucks to see.
>>
>>92582235
>straight to legends sloppa
hmmmm no...
>>
>>92582248
Robot Gayman
>>
>>92582249
I remember GW previewing 10th detachments saying some of them might make some units battleline only within that Detachment.
Has even a single Detachment turned anything battleline yet?
>>
>>92582248
Solar Macharius if you want to go by normal human.
Big Bobby G if you want to go by "master statesman who organized the hot mess of his empire into a unified nation"
>>
>>92582261
Dread Mob made gretchin battleline.
Kroot made kroot battleline
>>
>>92581680
Or uh, "cowl"?
>>
>>92582268
Ah, that's why I hadn't seen it. Two brand new Codexes.
>>
Speaking of ruins and terrain.
I think non titanic walkers should be able to go through them.
Or if you want to get fluffy have them take like a mortal or something to koolaid man through a wall.

You dont see many melee dreads other than the Grey Knights one and they get away with it mostly because they get to teleport them around the battlefield.
6-8 inch movement is pretty rough when you cant walk through shit but need to go get into melee range.
>>
>>92582245
>A circle doesn't provide the same sort of cover as an L in any capacity, and that just leads to you getting blapped.
See, now i really don't understand what you're saying. hiding behind the rocks gives you the same benefit to hiding behind ruins. your infantry just can't ignore the terrain now. It's not like vehicles have had a hard time because they had to move around the ruins.
>>
>>92582265
speaking of Bobby G.. do you guys think he'll ever finish his History of the Imperium and release it to the people? wouldn't something like that shake a lot of humanity to their core, realizing the Emperor can fail and make mistakes?
>>
>>92582261
>>92582268
>>92582303
Doesn't the Dangle codex have a detachment that makes bikes battleline?
>>
>>92582321
I think Dreads should Kool-Aid Man their way through walls, with the stipulation they can only on the charge.
Titanic units should be able to just walk up and destroy terrain pieces. I hate so many things about AOS, but Monsters able to wreck terrain was a good idea.
>>
>>92581680
>>92582271
it's supposed to be like paul
>>
>>92582271
no I pronounce that like School.
>>
>>92582343
He'll finish it, but then the High Lords will succeed in their assassination attempt and he'll be propped up back in his stasis chamber on the excuse that his armor is failing and he needs to rest for a bit, but it's really his corpse and he's dead dead this time.
And the Imperium shatters and falls because the High Lords are retarded cunts and Chaos didn't even have to do anything.
>>
>>92582351
I was afraid giving it to titanic might break like Caenis Rex or something but yea its not like big knights are exactly tearing up the game right now or anything and not being able to move through shit is a big factor behind that.

Every time I try and bring a dread in a game my end result is always "this is just worse than a tank for shooting" and "this is incredibly awkward to get into melee" if I try wulfen dreads
>>
>>92582332
I hope you're merely pretending anon
>>
>>92582374
>cawl then realizes this betrayal
>installs his bobby g AI into a fake primarch body
>becomes the secret ruler of the imperium
>>
>>92582390
I still run a Ven Dread with my SW. The reroll aura is always nice. Even if the axe is extremely underwhelming this edition.
Murderfang fucks if you can get him into melee. But there's the problem. He's so squishy compared to other things you could take for 170 points.
>>
>>92582400
Humor me.
>>
>>92582410
But only until Bobby's half-eldar child grows up enough to assume the mantle himself.
>>
File: cawdy.png (2.57 MB, 934x1538)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB PNG
>>92582343
I think bobbo needs to finish his story first
>>
>>92582416
Imagine a giant L in front of you. You stand next to the long edge, in the middle. On the end with the short L, someone has to go behind you before you're visible. On the open side, they still have to get close to it.

Now imagine there's a big cylinder in front of you. Do you want to take a wild guess if it is easier or harder to get an angle on you?

This is a rhetorical question if you missed it
>>
>>92582412
I actually have a fun 6+Bjorn SW dread list I have a blast bringing.
Its a shit ton of free impact mortals.
But getting around the board is absolutely miserable
>>
Is there a resource that lists all the GW models and their base size?
>>
>>92582515
wahapedia
>>
>named bellisaurus
>doesn't have a belly
>isn't a dinosaur
God I hate Cawl so much
>>
>>92582528
Thanks, is there a similar resource for Oldhammer and AoS?
>>
>>92582565
Wahapedia
>>
Is buying a Reaver Titan for 40k a retarded decision? (Printed)
>>
>>92581569
ya, and I just BOUGHT £700k of the stock because I'm that CONFIDENT in this company
>>
>>92582584
Based
>>
>>92582560
Are there other tech-magi as ancient, as intelligent, or as accomplished as Archmagos Belisarius Cawl?
>>
File: file.png (262 KB, 348x345)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>>92582560
>doesn't have a belly
>>
File: shrimp.png (7.1 MB, 2223x1563)
7.1 MB
7.1 MB PNG
>>92582560
he's a giant shrimp, which is cooler
>>
>>92582603
>cybernetically augmented beer gut
>>
File: 1712567880710368.png (607 KB, 1080x722)
607 KB
607 KB PNG
>>92582614
>>
>>92582614
>>92582627
>on top of everything else, Cawl is responsible for the shrimplified edition
CAAAAAAAAAAAWL
HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>92582614
>Awreka Cystt, Archchemist of Dyre
Am I reading that right? Did Blanche originally name him Cystt?
>>
>>92582636
I think it says Awreken.
>>
>>92581781
>Anon you have to announce stock sales as CEO/CFO months in advance.
No you don't. SEC rules on insider trading restrict trading based on perceived-nonpublic information to within a 20 day window after a quarterly report, but that's based on insider trading laws, nothing about the current situation would appy for that (or at least hold up in court), they could easily point to very public information such as market reaction/audience reaction as a reason for sale. There's blackout periods on the sale of new shares and stringent reporting rules around selling your stock, and MOST CEOs, CFOs etc announce sales in advance to avoid the appearance of insider trading, but they are not in any way required to do so nor does not doing so in any way automatically constitute insider trading or any breach of regulations.
>>
>>92582636
I don't think that's supposed to be Cawl per se, just random cool Admech art that GW used as inspiration/foundation for Cawl
>>
>>92582464
well, i can see the issue in our understanding now. in my local area, hardly anyone actually sits inside of ruins. we always sit outside/behind them, unless we're posted on top of the things.
Make your jokes about my group playing ruins wrong, that's just how it is at the store. Ruins are nothing more than rocks that can be moved through and sat on.
this being said, i'll still argue that having some terrain you have to move around, including infantry, makes for a more interesting board. shape your rocks in Ls if you must, the idea is still there.
>>
>>92582647
The US SEC have jurisdiction over the UK and a UK company does it?
>>
>>92582614
Damn. Cawl could have been a badass Giant Centipede. We're in the wrong timeline.
>>
>>92582647
GW could be retarded who am I kidding but damn near every publicly traded company has internal bylaws from their boards stipulating a 30-90 day announcement window.
Hell most of the big ones have 6+ month windows.

So yes its not a law but its so common Id be shocked if a company didnt have that stipulation.
>>
File: TotI_BelisariusScl1.jpg (241 KB, 1280x853)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
You can tell Cawl is the most kunnin' mekboy because he is larger than all the rest of them.
>>
>>92582663
UK doesn't have any prohibitions on C-suite selling stock either.
>>
>>92578975
Get a piece of sponge and sponge on some paint around certain spots to add battle damage/dirty.
>>
>>92582671
>We're going to release female Custodes, BlackRock & Vanguard are giving out ESG investment bonuses
>OK but thats going to upset a chunk of the fanbase and probably drop our stock
>We're announcing it in 3 months time
>Cool, I'm selling my stock in 3.5 months, who else wants to?
Literally that easy, and nobody squeals because everyone's pals. Welcome to the corporate world anon.
>>
>>92582681
Whys he standing on a book.
Does he hate the codex that much
>>
>>92582706
Because he doesn't play by your rules.
>>
>>92582706
it's stuck to his shoe via gum
>>
I just realized I have literally never once seen someone play Cawl in 10th
>>
>>92582728
this is because nobody plays admech to begin with
>>
How many miniatures do you get to paint with a single 400ml can? I did 30 and the can feels rather light, maybe I overdid it.
>>
>>92582728
I've only seen someone play Admech once since 10th.
>>
>>92582703
>they planned to sell the stock AFTER the stock destroying news
Based retard
>>
>>92581841
I mean the place has a large selection of terrain to use, and I need to correct it's $5 for a day which is usually from 10am until 5pm where most people leave by then but the place is open till 10pm. In the long run it adds up but you never have to worry about terrain at all.
>>
File: 1711986660876026.png (854 KB, 1042x832)
854 KB
854 KB PNG
>>92582184
People don't use ruins because of the shape alone.
>>
Are kroot rampagers good?
I wanna make some 3d printed knarloc riders as proxies for them, will I need more than 6?
>>
>>92582751
If they cant fudge the release timeline they'd sell it as close to the release as possible.
Also selling it after the first drop but before any cratering avoids insider trading stigma. Selling it just before the news drops, that IS when you get caught for insider trading. Timing it to coincide/shortly follow, you can get away with it.

Again, this is assuming they even have 'internal bylaws' restricting c-suite sales. Which knowing GW, I fucking doubt. They're a hubristic wargames company who are the kings of a niche market and have survived on inertia for years despite fanbase resentment, i can easily believe they figure nobody would notice, care, or question a lack of such policies especially as again- it is in no way illegal for a CFO to sell stock on the heels of bad news or a dip.
>>
>>92582706
Ed glued it there to make him more annoying
>>
>>92582751
>announce stock destroying news
>wait for diptards to buy the dip and ol Fink to poomp your numbers back up
>sell then
>no longer have to worry about insider trading accusations but you still got out before the bullshit
>>
File: 1713391666392680.png (164 KB, 500x587)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
Anyone here played 2nd-3rd? I wanna try making two armies but all I have from that time are marines. Was marines vs marines any fun or do I have to track down a bunch of old orks?
>>
>The outgoing CFO of Nottingham-based Games Workshop has sold shares in the company worth more than £700,000.
>Rachel Tongue has reduced her stake in the Nottingham-based company by two-thirds, after the share sale at an average price of £94.893 per share. In January Tongue announced her resignation, although she is expected to stay with the company until next January.
Literally took a single Google search.
>>
>>92582736
>>92582749
Ive actually got two people in our group with admech armies.
Albeit both of them proxy some chickens because 10th has been brutal to them.

Im going to assume no one runs him because rerolling 1s in an army that cant kill anything
>>
File: 1556656968555.png (92 KB, 193x193)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>92582837
>Rachel Tongue
>>
>>92582837
I cant decide if CFO of GW is either a gravy job where you dont do shit or a nightmare tard wrangler job
>>
>>92582807
Where is Bogdanoff when you need him?
>>
File: 1633532060680.jpg (56 KB, 419x444)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>92582837
>Rachel Tongue
>>
>>92582837
OK
>>
File: 1692350417746704.jpg (230 KB, 850x794)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>92581010
Heh
>>
>>92581010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJcZgdZEq0M
>>
File: 1611708323274.jpg (630 KB, 888x693)
630 KB
630 KB JPG
>>92581569
>>92582837
Nobody cares about Custodes you retards, a tiny percentage of your audience getting mad about lore is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. It probably has something to do with Shitmar (no confidence in the new edition doing well after Dominion shat itself as hard as it did) or that one anon leaked something about them being forced to phase out resin due to UK's infamous environmental laws and that was real.
Leaning towards the latter because they've had shitty release before that's not so scary, but being pushed out of using resin is a whole other buttfuck I could absolutely see everyone jumping shit over. That shit would be an absolute fucking nightmare to figure out if you're a model company who can't make half your models anymore.
>>
>>92582837
>in January
>>
>>92582969
Sure anon, a mass exodus of players who are now all spreading the word that 3D printing and rule pirating is the way to go DEFINITELY isn't affecting anything.
The retcon is bigger than Custodes, it impacts the entire setting.
That said you're probably right about Shitmar to a degree, the sooner that garbage finally dies the better.
>>
>>92583034
>a mass exodus
>>
>>92583034
The delusion
>>
File: 1708307305323484.jpg (78 KB, 643x678)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>92583034
None of that is happening.
If it was to happen, good for them.
But it isn't.
>>
>>92583034
>a mass exodus of players
Delusional. And I hate femstodes
>>
>>92583034
>Sure anon, a mass exodus of players who are now all spreading the word that 3D printing and rule pirating is the way to go DEFINITELY isn't affecting anything.
The mass exodus doesnt mean anything yet. A subset of people not buying models for a couple weeks is irrelevant.
The silent majority will be what matters and it depends on which way that pendulum swings. That critical drinker video had massive positive reception so who knows.
For me personally, im going to continue playing 40k, but I havent bought from GW for 4 months anyway and my pile of shame are just my recasts
>>
File: dies-of-cringe-cringe.gif (3.18 MB, 640x360)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB GIF
>>92583063
>That critical drinker vide
>>
>>92583034
>mass exodus
only one notable reg in these threads has quit over it and everybody laughed at him for it
consider that this place would probably be among the most reactive to a retarded change like adding women into the custodes and that only a handful of people have actually bothered to do anything in response, that's a pretty good indication of how little people who actually play this shit actually care
the only ones who care are reaction video grifters like asmongold on the anti-side and twitter commies on the pro-side
>>
File: 1710727704440513.png (188 KB, 346x498)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>92582858
Ze call will be arriving shortly.
Trust ze plan, mon ami.
>>
>>92583034
>a mass exodus of players who are now all spreading the word that 3D printing and rule pirating
Get a fucking grip, anon. Femstodes are disgusting but this is all in your head.
>>
>>92583034
you are insane if you think that anyone except enthusiasts are actually going to pick up 3d printing
I have zero qualms with 3d printing but it's objectively not something for everyone; it's a whole-ass separate hobby that requires a fair bit of technical know-how and upkeep
>>
>>92583077
Im using it purely as a basis for normalfag perception. Its at 906k views, at massive like to dislike ratio (I re-enabled dislikes) and is the most anti femstodes take out there.
Again though, this convo is worn the fuck out. Just play 40k or dont
>>
File: 1660836928927013.png (71 KB, 1266x688)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>92583034
>a mass exodus of players who are now all spreading the word that 3D printing and rule pirating is the way to go DEFINITELY isn't affecting anything
They're a tiny portion of their customers who don't affect shit because at the end of the day 95% of the sales don't come from the terminally online, they come from retards who don't engage with this shit online at all and don't even know we exist. Look at mtg when they brought in the TWD Universes Beyond shit- players screeched and ree'd almost in COMPLETE UNITY (no split down the middle like female Custodes, EVERYONE but a small handful agreed it was bad for the game) and despite that it still sold well and they even did a victory lap over how well it sold.
Online opinions to throwaway lines in the fluff are hardly anything to spook the people running the company when you retards bitch about that shit everytime something's revealed, there's something crazier going on.
>>
>>92583034
I would love to see James take a hit over this, but the normie/indifferent sphere will barely move in the grand scheme. And yes, I dislike femcustodes despite being a muscle girl fag. Anyone for it is being disingenuous, but the disingenuous ones seem to always end up backed by corporations despite claiming to hate them
>>
new
>>92583176
>>92583176
>>92583176
>>
File: 1709487824709640.png (45 KB, 220x180)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>92582837
>700,000
>>
> Be me
> See Henry Cavel talking about Warhammer 40k in a Witcher interview
> Go on Youtube to see what its all about
> Fall in love with the setting and lore
> ism.aut kicks in
> spend the next 5 years becoming the ultimate 40k nerd
> decide to give the tabletop a try and look at my first army
> realize the "warhammer is so fucking expensive" meme isnt a joke (wh is especialy expensive in my country)
> decides to save money for a vew units.
> play tts while i save modey to get the hang of the game
> finaly experience the corporate greed of gw
> see every bad buisness decision and every fuckup they have made for the last year and a half
> see all the shady shit they try to pull
> realize it would be cheeper to get a 3d printer than to buy a vew units
> start printing my army
> a few friends ask if i can print dnd minis (only charge them the cost of the resin)
> realize i can make a buisness
> start printing and selling whole armies for a 3rd of what gw would charge and still make good money
> friends get into warhammer
> print them armies for durt cheep
> start a website to sell dnd minis and wh proxies

Fuck gw
3d printer go brrrrrrrrrrr
>>
Forget 3D printing, custom moulding and plastic injection when?
>>
>>92583688
Its expensive to set up
Might consider doing that when i the site up and running
>>
>>92583688
diy injection molding is too expensive. you are better off doing diy investment casting which is still expensive but within the realm of possibility.
>>
>>92581010
>Dreadanon
Massive coonsumercuck
>>
File: payne.jpg (70 KB, 909x1087)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>92578959
>Not a single unique model
God fucking dammit
>>
File: 1611936592428.jpg (35 KB, 640x450)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>92579006
40k? Nu lore ignore
Star Wars? Nu lore ignore
It's that shrimple
>>
>>92579006
Sex clones?
>>
>>92581254
that looks like shit. super grimey icky gross paint jobs look great when they have something to contrast against.
instead of making the entire fucking model GRIMEFEST, you should have focused the grime on certain pieces of armor and then do a cleaner paint job on the rest.

when contrasted against cleaner paintjobs, icky gross mucky paint jobs look even more icky and gross; which is what you're aiming for.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.