[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1546982441406.jpg (1.23 MB, 2560x1600)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
If you were somehow transported into your own setting, but you have no powers or gifts, just plain ol you as you are in real life. Could you survivor there? If so, what would you do for a living?
>>
Make lamps in the desert with all the other unremarkable humans
>>
>>92581414
Yeah, depending on where I was dropped in, I could do all right. I'd almost certainly end up working as an accountant, since that's what I do in real life and I have an obvious mastery of the accounting principles used by the setting's largest banking syndicate. Which might also mean I get a seven-foot-tall ebony-skinned deerwife, depending on how well I climb the ranks of said syndicate.
>>
File: 1687190142600294.jpg (44 KB, 736x736)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>92581414
>my Nechronica setting
I would die. My only bet would be to sign up for the military and try to progress into being some sort of powerful creation but I expect I wouldn't have the mental fortitude to hack it. At least I'd be dumped into the setting while the helpful necromancers are still around.

>OC donut steel setting
Assuming my body gets the required baseline changes to exist in a plane with different physics, surviving would be pretty easy as long as I stayed out of a particular region of the map (which will shortly be embroiled in the kind of war the setting hasn't seen in a thousand years).

In most fae settlements food is no object so I could get by reasonably well doing odd jobs and helping the smaller ones with lifting or the bigger ones with finer tasks.

If I wound up in gryphon country I could 'steal' most of what I needed to get by (theft has an odd place in gryphon culture and there's a bunch of cultural rules that basically turn it into charity with plausible deniability) although it'd be trickier to build an actual life. Since humans don't exist in this setting I might become somewhat famous as an oddity and be able to leverage that, maybe renting my presence out to nobles or something. Wouldn't be my proudest moment but I'd be alright.
>>
>>92581414
It wouldn't be possible to have no powers or gifts in any of my settings.
>>
>>92581414
I’d be completely fucked, I would know all the secrets of the world none of which are a fasttrack to power but a fasttrack to getting offed once someone finds out
>>
File: 1710190811439951.png (74 KB, 229x249)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>92581414
Tell me about your setting.
>>
>>92582758
A one shot based on old school beatem up games. I could get by with keeping my head down, but the moment I fuck up, I would get killed as I can't fight like a superhuman. Between work and life in general, I don't have the time to make a dedicated long term campaign. And you?
>>
File: isekai escape hatch.png (61 KB, 1425x434)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>92581414
I'll be fine.
>>
Id be in an odd spot, since i would have complete and true knowlege of the entire cosmology and therefore theoretically be immensely powerful, but having that knowlege makes me unable to do anything with it even without the no powers. Functionally i just end up being patient 0 of an antimagic cognitohazzard. God is an okay guy, if i promised not to tell anyone or ever write it down he'd probably just let me chill somewhere quiet in heaven until i died of old age
>>
>>92581414
My setting isn't very dangerous for the common man
>>
Assuming english translates into fantasy language competency I could just work as a scribe in a city pretty easily.
I'm dead if its the wilderness I start in though lol
>>
>>92581414
My setting is a post-scarcity space colonies thing. There are incredible threats, but nobody ever has to expose themselves to them. If I were dropped into the setting survival would be easy, but I'd probably get bored quickly and go do something stupidly dangerous on purpose.
>>
>>92581414
Depending on when and where. Assuming I end up on the main planet and either at a time when the thaumoactive desert isn't a thing yet or at a place away from the above, I think I could do fine as a particularly amish-esque starman. Need be, I can just ask people about current events, extrapolate the location of the Book of Abstraction, get it and write myself some powers.
>>
I'd work as a farmhand on the farm of a Yeoman farmer. It'd be hard work, but I'd get food and board at the worker's house. Also the countryside is generally a rural idyllic paradise and the women there are more traditional and less stuck up than 21st century women.
>>
>Capeshit setting
probably yeah
>>
>>92581414
I pretty much make most of my settings with the exact scenario in mind, so a few shitholes aside, most are livable for the average joe. It might not be the cushiest life and ofc there are all the nasties out and about that drive the plot, but it's not so bad.
>>
>>92581414
Which setting? I have many.
>>
>>92591869
What genre sci-fi, fantasy...?
>>
>>92581414
Being the only human in the setting would kind of suck, but with 19th century sensibilities, I could probably at least make a living by working for a circus or something.
>>
My setting involves a lady scientist about to release a virus that turns men worldwide into ponies because she's gone insane for horecock. The details on her whereabouts are unknown to me and she has financial support from the shadow government.
If I were to try and uncover this half-baked plan I'd probably be killed.
>>
>>92581414
Considering my setting is a permanent WIP, if i come up with soething while in the setting itself, would it change to accomodate my new idea?
>>
>>92592154
>D-Fens, Black D-Fens, That one Cop and his Daughter all set out to stop some mad scientist from ponifying men across the world
Awesome
>>
>>92581414
>If you were somehow transported into your own setting
I would die since it's grimdark and violent, but I'd still take it over 2024 Europe because everyone is white
>>
>>92592154
>>92592306
this sounds like Endtown but lewd
>>
>>92592563
So, Endtown for non-furries?
>>
>>92581414
My setting is max comfy and there are lots of cute monstergirls who want to understand love.
>>
>>92581414
Ironically it would probably suck until I die.
The god of death however is an old PC of mine where we suffered a shitwizard. Alongside knowing his original name and origin, I can probably get along with one of my favourite characters enough to be quite comfy in the underworld.
>>
Big depends on where I end up and whether I also become one of the natives.

As for the where... There's an entire continent in my story where the humanlike progatonist species are feedstock for what are essentially dragons. Another continent where they're unable to develop civilization beyond a certain point without being culled by their not-humanlike neighbors. Three other continents aren't even inhabited due to environmental extremes (north/south poles are tundra trash and an equatorial one that's green hell with year-round wet bulb temps) leaving only one continent/archipelago that's actually "safe" for the humanlikes. Safe being highly relative because two of the countries in this region are effectively ethno-states: the mountainous region of the continent only grants citizenship to one of the three humanlike phenotypes and enslaves the other two, and the archipelago only formally recognizes the rights of another of the three phenotypes. Finally there's the liberal utopia where all three phenotypes get along thanks to centuries of separate but equal. And let's not even talk about what's dwelling in the ocean trenches between the continents.

So geographically speaking I have something like a 1 in 16 chance of ending up in a place where I'd actually WANT to live. Not a diceroll I'd want to throw.

And that's assuming I magically become one of the humanlike phenos that've actually evolved to survive on this planet. Actual humans wouldn't likely last very long. Surface gravity of 20.13896 m/s2, just slightly over two times Earth's. DBZ lied to you, higher gravity doesn't make you stronger, it just crushes you. Atmospheric composition wouldn't be lethal (~21% O2) but pressure (haven't fully calculated) would massively degrade quality of life, if not duration. Might be able to adjust to 18-hour days but it's not like the circadian rhythm can be fully overwritten, I'd have eternal insomnia worse than I already have.
>>
>>92595138
TLDR if I get straight Isekai'd into my setting with no change in biology, I would struggle to move and breathe for the rest of my extremely short life, I wouldn't even be capable of manual labor worth the slightest damn and therefore wouldn't be worth helping for any reason other than pity/charity.

But if I get the body of one of the humanlikes adapted to the environment, with my mind as it is right now? I'd probably seek low-level employment and eventually try to get into regional politics. I mean, I know all of the world's political systems inside and out, literally wrote them lmao, so I'd be able to game my way to a somewhat comfortable position. Best case scenario I end up a mayor or provincial official.
>>
>>92581414
>most of the posts don't have responses
Wow great "discussion" going on here.
>>
>>92595239
How about (you) reply to them?
>>
>>92592089
A bunch, and most of it unrelated to tabletop games (and each other), but to give a few examples, at least one generic fantasy setting where most of the adventuring and monsters happens in uncivilized frontier regions and what's basically the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, a sci-fi story set on a planet of floating continents, and stuff of that nature.
The only real shithole would be a world that's turned into a brown decaying mess due to a terraforming machine malfunctioning, but even that gets eventually fixed by the end and the world begins to recover.
>>
>>92581414
my setting is more classic medieval pastoral with low magic (high magic exists, but rare, it's the hook)
My best chance would be to guide my autism towards maintaining a small farmhouse off the beaten path, nothing that would attract banditry, with a fertile, healthy, kind wife, however homely she may be. To safekeep daughters from rape, I'd keep them in the basement and host and feed any armed travellers that looked formidable. Appease the bad characters, build a bond with the good ones. If they are also of good stock, send them to the basement.
The sons would scout the surrounding area and stage natural accidents that would make it not worth for someone to settle near me.

I think that would have the most chances for a long, content life. If I happen to get access to magic by some artifact or third party, the basement could develop into a dungeon (daughters and their husbands manage it).
Extreme scenario where I am some dragon lich archmage with a massive dungeon and dragonclan or whatever, it would still have this remote, simple homestead to keep my mind at ease
>>
>>92581414
>Wilderness
Die from starvation, thirst or eaten by local wildlife

>City
If I manage too cook up some gunpowder someone might hire me as an alchemist. If not I'd likely end up a slave.

>Tribe
Either killed on sight or taken in as a shaman for my basic medical skill and setting meta knowledge.

>Demon-controlled area
They would value my knowledge of the setting lore and I could live a meager but comfortable life as a scholar, though I'd be burdened by knowing the purpose of my work.
>>
>>92595239
They are peoples' settings. What do you expect?
Interesting for ideas but hardly the stuff to go pick over.
>>
>>92599857
>What do you expect?
I expect OP to engage with the topic he had to make a thread for.
>>
>>92598771
I'm not the one who made the thread.
>>
>>92581414
As long as I can make a beeline towards one of the Eight Cities, I should be fine. I might even get lucky and be plopped by one of the 3 that ISN'T ruled by an immortal psychopath, and just an immortal jerk. The trick is not getting killed and eaten in the vast stretches of untamed wilderness between said cities.
>>
>>92599925
I did. This is me.>>92584068
>>
>>92581414
I try to make most of my settings inspired by the real world and its limitations. Which is to say my autism would probably cause me more problems than the real world in the absence of wifi or indoor plumbing. But at least there'd be a bunch of cute catgirls, even if I'd still be forever alone.
>>
File: 1683033094197572.jpg (61 KB, 720x729)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>92581414
>megaworld racial battle royal fantasy
Probably not, they fear humans and humans hate themselves
>postww3 brazil
Maybe if I joined a gang
>parallel earth isekai
Definitely not, players were only able to survive cause they had gear and other stuff
>>
>>92581414
Yes. I would immediately prostrate myself and call out for assistance to The Grand Panetheon and then one of the gods would imbue me with divine power as a level 1 cleric.
>>
I will be fine but I'm running a pedagogical campaign for highschoolers so it's kind of cheating. I think I would actually be thriving because the planet is full of 10-20yo humans that arrived there one year ago at best, and the planet fauna and flora in itself is very friendly.

The whole thing is about unifying tribes of teenage settlers that got very partial and scattered knowledge of Earth, but I would get tired of managing those dumbasses, maybe I could just go around and launch societies with weird ass traditions all around the new planet just to see what happens.
But that's what my students are currently doing, they aren't into imperialism and standardization. That's pretty interesting to witness.
Maybe I would join this tribe that invented a ritual initiation for adulthood thing that nobody pulled off yet, so I can be the only adult and de facto leader.
>>
>>92581414
>World has functioning economy and commerce
>World has magic and menial labor careers

Idunno, probably a bartender but I'd be fine
>>
>>92581414
Depends where I am. If I am isekai'd into New England, I would likely move to Rome or Egypt, become a worshiper of Bastet & find myself an anthro cat wife, or a minotaur wife.
>>
>>92611416
Could you survivor there?

Yeah, I could survive, I think. As long as I don't upset the Gods, the Temple or whatever ruler I am living under.

If so, what would you do for a living?

No idea. Probably an artist. Maybe there are Temple art guilds where I can honor the Gods & Goddesses by drawing state sanctioned lewds of them.

>>92602714
>Which is to say my autism would probably cause me more problems than the real world in the absence of wifi or indoor plumbing. But at least there'd be a bunch of cute catgirls, even if I'd still be forever alone.

Shit, we're the same. Except my world has indoor plumbing & eventually the internet, or something similar to it. My main story is set in the equivalent of the early 20th century, though, so I don't know for sure.

I should probably move to Bubastis, the Egyptian vacation city that's almost entirely clothing optional (can't be naked in schools, hospitals or govt buildings) & has the highest concentration of catgirls.
>>
File: images (19).jpg (23 KB, 566x541)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>92581414
>preagrarian woodland critters in not!Britain
They're armed with sticks and swords made from shaped amber. If I wanted to be a bastard there would be nothing they could do - but I don't wanna be mean. I'll instead have tea with the local badger and get comfy before I'm killed by the winter climate.
>>
>>92592563
It is

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.