[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: riders of rohan.jpg (130 KB, 1000x590)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Rohirrim ride to war edition

>Previous thread
>>92492269

>Battlefleet Gothic, Blood Bowl, Epic, Kill Team, Man-o-War, Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game, Mordheim, Necromunda, Shadow War: Armageddon, Titanicus, Underworlds, Warcry, Warhammer Quest, Warmaster, and any other GW system and board game are welcome.

>Helpful resources: (very much still a WORK IN PROGRESS, feel free to suggest more links to be added!)
https://pastebin.com/qq9N8V0V

>The previous archive links are all dead and any time someone tries to make a new one it gets taken down. If there is content you're looking for ask in the thread and someone might help you out!

[REMINDER: By new /tg/ rules threads are getting auto-saged after 7 days]

>TQ
What's your current /gwsg/-related project? How's it coming along?
>>
>>92583046
Is that middle rider pointing his sword forward a pose conversion, I don't think I've ever seen a Rohan model that looks like that.
>>
>>92583046
>TQ
Far harad arny and isengard army for mesbg
Necromantic horror and norse team for BB
>>
>>92583606
One team that covers both, or 2 sets of minis?
>>
>>92583046
>TQ
Assault on lothlorien and moria
>>
>>92583196
looks like a converted bow rider with the raised back hand
>>
>>92583046
>TQ
Working through my Underworlds backlog while my Rivals of Shadespire box is in the mail, at which point I'll paint all that up, mostly for Warcry.
>>
>>92583046

Sorting my minis into tool and tackle boxes for storage and painting; all classic Necromunda minis go into the tacklebox, as well as some old plastic and metal CSM, and ork truck, as I want to tinker/play with them. Everything else is long term storage.

Going well; I have a few gangs complete and some doubles I can trade. Even knocked up a few basic gangs for games. I wanted to play an Escher vs Scavvy battle tonight, but too tired.
>>
>>92583046
Building the warbands from heart of Ghur, managed a very light conversion to make two flamethrowers for the horns so I can have a little fun with them before they get squatted. Wanted to do a second bloated one for the rotmire creed but that may be beyond my abilities.
>>
File: Necro-14.jpg (1.63 MB, 1889x2400)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>TQ
Finished one my BB flesh golems
Putting together plans for a team for a tournament in the future (debating Chaos, Tomb Kings, maybe Elf Union)
>>
>>92583046
>TQ
Figuring out respective paint schemes for a Hivecult infiltrated Valkyrie squadron and a chaos corrupted desert planet PDF Avenger squadron.
>>
>>92583955
2 diferent teams
>>
>>92586143
Gorgeous paint job, guy
>>
File: 20231129_221458.jpg (3.63 MB, 4624x3468)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB JPG
Planning to bring Max Spleenripper to a BB tournament. Grashnak and Scyla had their time in 2 day tournaments, now it is Max's turn.

Likeky going to bring him to a Renegades team.
>>
Underworld team finished
Next stops:
1 - Paint skaven booster and convert spiteclaw squad to flesh out to a full skaven roster
2 - Chaos renegade team from bits acquired piecemeal off ebay

Can't decide which to do first.
>>
I heared Nomads got combined a lot with Admech but do the bits fit Genestealer Cult as well? I mean from a scaling/propotins point.
>>
File: Untitled.png (203 KB, 534x680)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>92589013
GSC torsos and legs are really awkward, but arms are very simple. I combined GSC with the old forgeworld renegade torsos. Was a real chore making torsos fit legs.
Couldn't find a pic in my folder so here's some heresy.

I'm not too familiar with nomads or admech though, but I should think so.
>>
>>92587875
Aww, I'll post pics later, but there are sculpts for that exact dual team combo.
>>
Skaven
1,000pts | 8 fighters | Valid

- Skabbik Plagueseeker (160pts, Hero)
- Stormfiend with Doomflayer gauntlets (270pts)
- Rabidius Skench (115pts)
- Itchitt (110pts)
- Kreep Kinwhisper (95pts)
- Poxlix (90pts)
- Rikkit (90pts)
- Skritter (70pts)

How is this list for a casual narrative campaign? I liked the underworld models a lot and wanted to run them.
Are they considered balanced?
>>
A blood bowl league is going to start up next month and I want to join and finally learn how to play. What team(s) would be good to pick from for a beginner?
>>
>>92590786
this if for warcry.
>>
>>92590795
There are skills commonly referred to as "safety skills", which are skills that make common actions likely to lead to turnovers safer. They are as follows, roughly in order of importance:

>Block
>Dodge
>Wrestle
>Sure Hands
>Catch
>Pass

The more of these a team has, the more friendly they will tend to be for new players, as they help protect you from your mistakes turning a game into something completely unsalvageable. That said, the caveat would be to avoid teams whose majority of players have Stunty (who naturally have a lot of Dodge), and Dwarfs (who have a lot of Block, but are so incredibly slow you will lose games until you learn better time management and positioning, even if you are punching things really good). You may also want to avoid teams that have a lot of armor 8+ players, until you learn the finer points of how you should be engaging your players with opposing ones.

As examples, Humans, Orcs, Undead, and Dark Elfs are good starter teams because they have a nice combination of these skills and are not particularly fragile.
>>
>>92590858

>Wrestle

Isn't this more a utility skill you use to get the ball from Block+Dodge ball carriers? Useful, but niche since it's a General skill, same as Block, unlike Juggernaut and the new Brawler which are stop-gap options for big guys who only have Strength skill primary access?
In fact, it very specifically DOESN'T prevent turnovers if you use it whilst you have the ball if memory serves.
>>
>>92590795
The most beginner friendly by far are

- Orcs
- Humans

Orcs are tough, relatively straight forward and very good at the beginning. Unlike most teams, your players can take a good beating and are tough enough to not die so quick. They also have an easy enough strategy to grasp quickly.

Humans are balanced, jack of all trades and teach you all of the different aspects of the game and its obvious who's role is what on the team. Thrower throws, catcher catches etc.

I would say for pure learning, Chaos Chosen are also good. No real abilities to learn except one sikple skill and their entire plan is to beat people up.
>>
>>92591550
I second this.
Skaven also good as good positionals and starting skills include block and dodge. Easily beaten up though.
>>
>>92591359
It falls under the purview of preventing block actions from causing turnovers, with the exception you noted, thus making your turns overall more "safe". I probably wouldn't have even included it to be noted if we didn't now have two teams with players that start with it, though one of them is definitely not a beginner team being stunty, and the other sort of falls in the mass av8+ bucket.

>>92591550
I'd hesitate to call Chaos Chosen a good beginner team. They've got big appeal to new players, being plainly a straightforward team, but actually getting the team to develop can be hard and newer players tend to have a difficult time wrapping their heads around the idea that even though they can take a 2 die block, they shouldn't always, or at least shouldn't do certain ones before taking different actions that could also turnover.

Also team-wide S4 blitzes has the potential to teach some of the same bad habits Lizardmen do in regards to learning positioning and block setups.
>>
>>92591641

Yes, but my point is that there is NO REASON to take this skill outside of my stated usage of "to disable the block skill in an opposing player" usually one that holds the ball, because Block is RIGHT THERE in the same skill catagory and is universally better in almost all situations other than one above.

Like, you don't NEED to take Wrestle if you can take Block, and if you're choosing a General skill (which Wrestle is), then you can take Block.
It's not like with big guys whose primary skill access is limited to Strength only skills, and then they have to make do with their block substitutes of Juggs and Brawler. If you can take Wrestle, you can take Block, and under those circumstances, you take Block.

It's NOT a safety skill, it's a utility skill. You can use it as a replacement for Block is get it on a Random, or if you're a Gnome, but that's it.
>>
Guys, when Necromunda had a revival in the early 00's, does anyone know if Escher had new releases like the Goliaths, Orlock and Ratskins? Also, where were the enforcer rules posted? Thank you.
>>
So I've been on the fence for BloodBowl for literal years. How is the current box as an entrypoint and/or standalone game? Any recommended reading?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (24 KB, 265x414)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>92590786
The list seems alright but I can't recommend a Bladeborn leader for narrative play, you miss out on the ability to stack multiple heroic traits and they can't bear artefacts of power either.
>>
>>92591737
???

You seem to have completely gone off tangent about the viability of wrestle vs. block when all I was discussing was, "is this a skill seen commonly as a starting skill on rosters, and does it decrease the odds of getting a turnover on common actions?", and wrestle qualifies for both. Ergo, it is a safety skill. I don't know why you think block being one as well precludes this.

>>92592398
Nice models, there's some give and take as to the quality of the contents of the box otherwise compared to the next most likely box you could get:

>2020 includes an actual hardcover rulebook, some extra models that will be useful outside of the two teams it comes with, but the pitch it comes with is markedly lower quality compared to 2016
>2016 only has a truncated rules leaflet that is out of date anyways, but has a better quality pitch, and generally speaking plain Orcs and Humans are better and easier to play than Blorcs or Nobility, though you do miss out on the extra models (the big guys in particular are a loss)
>Both come with identical measuring tools, two sets of dice, reference sheets (2016's, again, being out of date)

I'd find out what your local scene is like. If there's active, healthy leagues you may be able to easily source alternatives to the essentials (pitch, tools, blocking dice) that come with the box set, leaving you to only need the core rulebook and a team. If you're lacking some of the minor stuff, oftentimes your opponent can help. If things are a bit scarcer, community wise, it might be prudent to just be self-reliant for those things.
>>
>>92590858
>>92591550
>>92591587
Thanks for the tips, I’m going to look into grabbing Humans and Orcs so I can play some practice games against myself for some hands on learning.

Is there somewhere I could go to look at sample starting rosters so I know what’s worth taking?
>>
>>92593659
Bbtactics.com
>>
>>92593659
https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20RaceStrategy

>>92591587
I got my cousin into the game recently, and he got skaven cause they were on sale. He has all the fixings (full roster possibilities) but I utterly trounced him his first game as me playing chaos renegades and I feel bad. And I don't overly know how to teach him to play Skaven properly since I've never played Skaven...

some tips and tricks for a new skaven player?
>>
File: 77627896.png (4.83 MB, 1680x1680)
4.83 MB
4.83 MB PNG
>>92587875
>>92590119
These, punga frozen ravagers.
>>
File: file.png (102 KB, 953x430)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>92592645
The rules do say that you can just ignore that and run them as generics, though.

On that matter, I have an extremely similar list to ask about for casual play, since I own Skabbik's and I'm about to get Spiteclaw's from the reprint box.

>Skaven
>990pts | 10 fighters | Valid

- Skabbik Plagueseeker (160pts, Hero)
- Skritch Spiteclaw (125pts, Hero)
- Rabidius Skench (115pts)
- Lurking Skaven (90pts)
- Poxlix (90pts)
- Rikkit (90pts)
- Krrk the Almost-trusted (85pts)
- Hungering Skaven (85pts)
- Festering Skaven (80pts)
- Skritter (70pts)

I want to run Itchitt instead of 2 chaff but he's just the most convenient to cut to make the points work.
>>
>>92596944
>The rules do say that you can just ignore that and run them as generics, though.
If your group agrees to use the archetype rules, that is. Archetypes are not the default so I figured it was worth letting you know just in case.
>list
Any fast list that has that many fighters should work just fine and both those WHU groups have some neat abilities so it sounds like fun. My only concern would be lacking any serious damage pieces but you've already got the Stormfiend to swap in if that becomes an issue.
>>
>still waiting for my mutated minotaur and cheerleaders from gw
kill me bros
>>
File: IMG_20240416_180258.jpg (3.7 MB, 4032x2268)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB JPG
>>92583046
>TQ
I'm restoring my old BGiME minis and painting the up for my first 500-600 points of Minas Tirith.
Not pictured are 6 metal Knights and Hurin, next up are 7 Rangers to have some shooting power.
>>
File: balrog and dwellers.jpg (379 KB, 2048x1536)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
>>92583046
>TQ
I finally knuckled down and painted my second Dweller and Balrog to finish my Moria army. They're not perfect, but whatever, glad to be done with them them. Next up if a test for my Rivendell.
>>
>>92592055
The Enforcer rules were in the (physical) Fanatic Magazine, Issue 01. They were (probably) also republished on the official website at the time.

All 20 metal Escher models were made during the original run, though they were packaged in different combinations later.
>>
>>92593831
>some tips and tricks for a new skaven player?
What about Andy Davo? I’m sure he’s done some Skaven videos
>>
>>92583046
>In another timeline, the LOTR bubble never popped, and MESBG is the flagship game.
>40k fans are begging to get a crumb of release every two years, but their franchise sells off than MESBG's spinoffs like Melkor Heresy and Riddle Team.
>We're in the middle of the release cycle of the Valar centerpiece models, which were supposedly meant just for War of Wrath games but have proven so popular that they're tournament legal for all game formats now.
>They work kind of like MTG planeswalkers, where rather than having wounds they have a pool of points representing their goodwill towards the mortals and their commitment to the current fight. They lose them when 'wounded' and spend them to use powers, and when they run out, they abandon the battlefield as they deem to have already done enough or that they're more needed elsewhere.
>/tg/ is bitching about female ringwraiths and the butterbur meta
>>
File: mutants.jpg (104 KB, 1457x651)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>TQ
Slowly working through my mutie necromunda gang. Finished about half the scum, but putting off painting my champions and leader. I'm also gazing wistfully at some moria dwarves I've been meaning to paint for ages, might finally get around to them.

>>92597922
Looking good anon, really like the bases.
>>
>>92599172

Thank you, anon.

>>92599639

Those are fantastic!
>>
File: CawdorMinisNew.jpg (167 KB, 995x604)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>TQ
Bought two boxes of Cawdor and a box of Redemptionists to start a gang.
Leaning towards a Priest with Chainaxe, Deacon with Eviscerator, Firebrand with Crossbow, Cawdor Blunderpole Brethren, and a bunch of barebone bonepickers.
I've raised my bits box for great swords for a word-keeper.
Any fun tips for building these hobos or any loadouts that were fun to play?
>>
Two questions before I start painting my human BB team.

1. Do I have to number my players 1-16? I’m wanting to paint them in the Detroit Lions scheme and want to number each guy after some of the best lions players. I know why people number players 1-16, but would it be a huge problem if one guy was numbered 81 but treated as if it was 15?

2. How do you visually distinguish the different players on your team for you and your opponent. I have a hard time keeping my lineman and Blitzers apart, I’m sure it’d be harder for my opponent
>>
>>92599779
1. Nah, you can number them however you please.

2. I believe the decal sheet that comes with the team includes positional name ones. You can apply these to the rim of the base after painting it to make it clear what's what.
>>
>>92599793
Perfect, thanks fren
>>
on the note of that Cawdor pic, is that crossbow a cawdor exclusive special weapon or can others also get that? if not is it fine to just use that as an rocket launcher?
>>
>>92600374
The crossbow is Cawdor exclusive but the stats are similar enough to the Missile Launcher.
The crossbow is 40 points cheaper at the cost of 1 AP on the frag, a range of 15/30 instead, but a 4+ ammo on the frag shot.
>>
>>92600500
Thanks, still looks nice.
>>
Is 25cm/10inch to big for a necromunda bus? From just the 1:56 scaling that would be kinda accurate but seems big for a gameboard.
>>
How would you start a rohan army? Battlehost box doesn't seem really good since I'm guessing you want tons of cavalry. Is there any other alternative? I'm thinking a couple of boxes of cavalry and eomer
>>
File: img_1_1713942585998.jpg (147 KB, 1080x1350)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
For Blood Bowl, how is it that Khorne has a higher win % than regular Chaos? They are more fragile, less horns, less armour and worse at picking up the ball.
>>
>>92601177
>less horns

Not actually a big enough factor to affect performance. You only make one blitz a turn, and having 7-8 players with horns to do it with vs. 4 is not as big a difference as you'd think.

>worse at picking up the ball

Again, marginally, not enough that it would make much of a difference. You give up the occasional warrior handoff vanity score, in exchange for much more dangerous blocking pieces out of the box.

Also you said they're more fragile two different ways, though it is true.
>>
Okay boys it's about time I start that Mines of Moria board so hit me up with any GW related supplements and splatbooks!
>>
File: a173sg74wa.jpg (124 KB, 1024x762)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Underwolrds noob here. What's the point of a warband that has a lot of weak fighters?
Seams like most of them are jut easy glory points for enemies that 1-shot them with stronger attacks
>>
>>92601130
There are so many flavour of Rohan that there is no one answer. Do you want to play all cav or infantry Rohan, hero heavy or warrior heavy, allied or pure?
>>
>>92601358
I already got an isengard army which is full infantry, so a full cavalry army would be pretty cool
>>
Do you guys think it's worth random rolling general skills on a skink? Frenzy would be awful, but I don't think I would be torn up with any of the others.
>>
>>92601352
Standing on objectives or supporting your good fighters. Many of those warbands have ways to add action economy to their fighters, such as Sepulchral Guard's Warden action, Exiled Dead's mage actions, Zarbag's Gitz having like four different mechanics for this, etc.
>>
>>92601366
Your full cav options are Riders of Theoden which is a hero heavy list (probably 4-6 heroes depending on points) with some royal guard / riders, or Riders of Eomer which is Eomer and Gandalf with riders. Eomer's legion is generally considered subpar, as gandalf is very expensive for what he gives you, you are stuck at F3 for your warriors, and neither of your must take heroes has march. But if you like the theme of Gandalf + Eomer that should trump the issues, it's not the worst list in the world.
Regardless, you can take mostly basic riders for your Theoden list if you want with a couple of heroes if you aren't optimising. Theoden, Eomer, Dernhelm, and 12 riders with zero conversions would give you like 480p, convert a banner and you are up to 500p. Options to expand are Gamlibg with the royal standard, Deorwine, Elfhelm, and a bunch of royal guard.
If you scour local miniature selling groups on facebook there should be a lot of basoc rohan riders going about for much cheaper than what Geedubs asks for them, they've been in multiple starter/army boxes to date. The battlehost is not bad for getting Eomer and diamounts for your cav if you can't find any on the second hand market.
>>
Anyone know how the Orlock weapons pack/arms might fit on Ash Wastes Nomads?
>>
>>92601534
orlock arms always have a problem. orlocks have shoulderpads and you can usually see that on the arms, being a bit deformed at the shoulder.
>>
>>92601280
>Fellowship of the ring journeybook
Has a guide to building the Westgate, Balin's tomb, dwarrowdelf , and the bridge of Khazad dum. Fellowship through Moria scenarios.
>Shadow and Flame
Inspiration for an Eastgate board + a basic Balin goes to Moria campaign.
>Khazad-Dum
Different sorts of terrain ideas and rules for them to be used in the mines
>Quest of the Ringbearer
Scenarios for Fellowship in Moria and rules to link them together.
>Battlegames in Middle-earth 19-22
Fellowship through Moria scenarios and instructions for how to build the terrain for them
>Battlegames in Middle-earth 83-85
Balin's expedition to Moria, neat instructions for tunnels/rooms style boards instead of open board with terrain scattered around. Scenarios for battle companies and full sbg.
>Moria & Angmar (LOTRSBG armybook)
Balin's expedition's members try and escape through the Westgate and get Watchered.
>>
Looking to name my gang using 80's, 90's and early 00's 'Mentor' figures from media. Need ten, have so far;

Splinter
Yoda
Obiwan
Ramirez
Virgil
Wade Garrett
Miyagi

Who am I missing?
>>
Why are necromunda models even more expensive as 40k? i like some of the models but i just can't pay that.
>>
It looks like a couple months ago, white dwarf magaazine included some new rules for Underworlds that doesn't require any kind of cards to be played.

Is there anyone around here that have those rules, or at least know what are they going for? I missed the opportunity to get the magazine, and I don't find anyone talking about them. Is underworlds really that dead?
>>
>>92603796

If you particularly want the miniatures, that's one thing, but if you just want to play the game, most players are happy to proxy unless it's an official event, and I've never met anyone who cares about that.
>>
>>92601352
Having someone support your rolls by standing next to your target is a pretty good thing considering that two sides of the underworlds dice are support related.
>>
File: IMG_7553.jpg (12 KB, 354x281)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>92603715
Zordon
>>
>>92603715
Charles Xavier
Oogway
Yogurt
Muten Roshi
Gandalf
Morpheus
Miraculix
Merlin
Manatarms
Duncan (man-at-arms)
>>
>>92603876
I particularly want some of the miniatures, Like i sayed i like some of them, Also, i don't get the reason why they are so expensive.
>>
>>92603919
>>92603921

Cheers! Can't believe I forgot Xavier.
>>
>>92603949

A lot of them are repeated sprues, going halves with a friend or trading sprues is how I built up some that I like, and casting up some of the easier pieces for conversion fodder.

Enforcers are good ones to buy if you want to recast, as the Have a lot of clean lines and smooth spaces.
>>
>>92604011
Well the normal ones are "okay" in pricing but the solo models are way over the top, just the small guys like two Ogryns or the new Outland guy with the Rat cost nearly the same as a whole squad. One normal sized Goliath £26.5/€33/$42 is just ridicules. I actually wanted to buy the Duneskuttler or Asun'ghar but fu.. ey.
>>
>>92604580
The "single character" are from Forgeworld and they're expensive because they're handcast resin, and forgeworld shit are universally expensive no matter it's 40k, necromunda, or 3 fingernail size imperial knights that cost 55 bucks.

I advice you to stay the fuck away from anything resin from GW/FW because of dubious quality control and price, especially since you're newbie.
>>
Is there any way to play Dwarves in Blood Bowl so that it’s not an awful time for your opponent? I love the models but I’m hesitant to get them because of how often I hear they’re awful to play against
>>
>>92606512
Yes, bring both slayers and the death roller.
>>
File: 20240420_155810.jpg (3.15 MB, 4624x3468)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB JPG
>>92606512
Fight a decent coach. Dwarfs are curb stompers from beginner to intermediate opponents but when you face good opponents, the whole dynamic switches and it is dwarfs who are on the backfoot due to abysmal speed. Good Dwarf coaches even the field again but its not as miserable as people say.

I am sure my opponent being left with two players was miserable. Doesn't make it better that it wasn't dwarfs.
>>
>>92604988
Okay, that's weird. Is there any other way to get those monsters (especially the Duneskuttler)? I guess the guys could be made out of normal nomads.
>>
>>92606526

I love the Death Roller, it's such a ballsy move, and it's a good way of forcing your opponent to act how you want.
You bring it in when your on the defence because you want to encourage him to score fast early on, so you have enough turns to grind through his team and into the endzone, before doing it again in the second half. On the offence you use it to grind through your opponent, and when you get to turn 6+ of the half onwards, feel free to foul with it, it's probably going off at the end of the half anyway, why not?
It's just a shame how they nerfed Break Tackle with regards to it (honestly the Break Tackle changes are just baffling, they buff low strength, average agility players way more than they buff high strength low agility ones that should be taking it.)
>>
Why is the Ash Wastes Outpost only available outside Europa? Not even in the UK.
>>
>>92606526
>>92609610
I still can’t figure out how I want to proxy the death roller
>>
>>92609544
>Duneskuttler
3d print,
>>
>>92610539
I have a printer but couldn't find any fitting file.
>>
File: 1643007691391.jpg (277 KB, 1080x1350)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>92583046

A bunch of people in my city decided they wanted to play Necromunda so I got the Escher box.

Is it true that the corpse cult and squats are broken? That sort of bullshit outnumbers the actual gangs the game is ostensibly about in our local meta.
>>
>>92611352
From what i know,
Corpsgrinder have tricks with the masks an such that get newer players off guard a lot otherwise they are hard melee focused, depending on map and player can be strong but can also be weak.
Squats being broken is news to me they can be good gunlines if playing min/max but most teams can be strong in that case and i believe Van saar are stronger in that,
>>
>>92604988
>handcast resin
Like the masters were sculpted by hand?
>>
>>92611352
Corpse grinder was overloaded with free shit like fear, armor and extra armor, on top of the best and most broken melee weapon in the game : paired weapon.

But the most broken thing about them is not the big buff dude, it's the midget "juve", cheapest fighter in the entire game, has the stat line of a normal ganger, come with armor, extra armor, AND A FREE SKILL (for other gang only champs, leader and very expensive model come with skills).that allow them to appear anywhere on the battlefield, these guys are cruicial to provide smoke cover and alpha strike the enemies team for the big guy. Since these fuckers are so cheap suicide bombing them is viable, a classic degenerate tactic to farm noob, now worse because it's spammable.
>>
Watching the rulebloat of bloodbowl makes me wish GW abandoned it again with the exception of having the starter set as a made or order thing every once in a while.
>>
Why is it that Nurgle has higher win % in FUMBBL League/perpetual play than Khorne? I would have thought Khorne would be better both in NAF and League?
>>
File: 6099f32e7cc956290c67a460.jpg (144 KB, 1200x1200)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>92610554
Artisan guild scourgeland survivors battle prawn zeek?
>>
>>92612475
Does it have a smaller sample size?
>>
>>92611352
Squats are definitely not overpowered, they have good weapon options and a base Toughness of 4, but their initiative is the dreaded 5+ which causes problems in classic high-rise necromunda and Ash wastes battles with transport vehicles and weather effects. Having lower movement also means that unlike Goliaths, their gangers will have a rough time improving both their movement and initiative. The Skalvian is great but worse than the ridgehauler, and while the Vartijan is strong it's still an expensive brute that doesn't come with anti-pinning, meaning the Heavy bolter is not going to be aimed a lot of the time.
Grinders are ass and unfun, they draw people in with the promise of a "melee centric gang" but fucks it up for everyone involved.
>>
>>92612897
It is not as cute but still a nice model, Thx i will think this over for a few days.
>>
>>92612910
Games range in the thousands but both settings are different. FUMBBL is eternal perpetual league where you must start from scratch. NAF is ressurection wuth skills.
>>
>>92612291
there's exactly one benefit to GW "supporting" a game and that's the influx of new players.
everything else is bad news.
>>
>>92602134
Cheers man, found Moria & Angmar, Shadow and Flame plus Khazad Dum so far.
>>
File: IMG_2899.jpg (257 KB, 1000x1252)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>LGS is having another necromunda league
>friend convinced me to play
>buy some ash nomads because I always thought the models looked dope
>talking to the other players and they all tell me the faction is awful and that I'd lose all my games because they can't use vehicles, have awful weapons and have basically the most bland rules out of the game
very good start to the game, is any of this true?
>>
Got a couple of Jade Obelisk before they are gone since they are probably just an extra year tops after the original cults are getting squatted. Was tempted to get a Sphyranx to match their aesthetic. Is it any good in Warcry? or should i just use these as proxys for a small tzeentch force in aos?
>>
>>92614716
Any gangs outside of the 6 houses gang are side gangs and you will be lacking extra fun mechanic to play with. Does not necessary mean side gang is weak, some are pretty busted. Ash waste nomad are on the mediocre in term of power and their special skill only situationally work in ash waste campaign.
>>
>>92614779
I figured that, I was just commenting on how people immediately just told me I made an awful choice
are the weapons really that bad though? telescopic sights on blast carbines and the rocket launcher seem pretty decent
>>
>>92614716
Book of the Outlands, page 40 under the Hire a Crew section:
"Most gangs have access to one or more crew. The main exception are the Ash Waste Nomads who cannot include vehicles but may include many different kinds of macro-insects."

and sadly in addition they are always considered outlawed, bringing some negative rules with them.
but if you just like the models you can still use other gang rules just making up a story that they dusguise as nomads or whatever.
>>
>>92614980
The proxying stuff seems a bit much for the first go around, I'll just try my hand at making the gang work.

Also are there multiple types of bugs like the book suggests? All I see on the store are helamites.
>>
>>92615079
>Also are there multiple types of bugs
to tell you the truth i am googlin that myself right now and sadly it seems those are the only ones. Maybe they did plan on more or its still on the way (there are still new vehicles coming out after all)
>>
>>92615079
most people just houserule something with the custom vehicle rules only allowing walkers and stuff tha makes sense.
>>
>>92614974
Blast carbine are too shit for champ/leader while getting scope for ganger is simply too expensive.

Charge caster is a heavy weapon and as heavy weapon go they suck ass, Woah turn out not being able to move and shoot is universally shit. In Ash waste the charge caster is more useful thanks to vehicle, and open field mean less cover.
>>
>>92615292
aren't they about the same points as a VS ganger with similar loadout at BS2?
and overseer can help mitigate heavy weapons to keep the team mobile
obviously not at all an expert, just throwing stuff out there to see what would work
>>
>>92614773
Sphinxy is solid, and can offer some nice control to help out the Jades, who are kinda slow and squishy.
>>
>>92615324
>aren't they about the same points as a VS ganger with similar loadout at BS2?
???? What does this even mean? Van Saar ganger have BS3, Van Saar champ have BS2, Van saar have access to the superior Plasma weapon while the ganger just take the lasgun which arguably the best weapon to throw on a ganger because it's cheap and it can be upgraded with hotshot pack later.

Overseer isn't free, overseer have limited range, need a Ld test and you're wasting your leader turn not attacking to move your champ???? this isn't the way, to make Heavy weapon work you need the suspensor, which cost 60.
>>
>>92615537
>sights and blast carbine mean they're getting +2 to hit effectively giving them BS2
or just put hide them until you can get within 10" to get the bonus naturally
it's like 85 points for a ganger with blast carbine
Vaan Saar get something similar at the same range for the exact same amount

>ash nomads leader is melee slanted so won't be shooting anyway and you'd be wasting points giving him guns
>get to shoot and scoot your heavy weapons around
I don't see why you're having this reaction
>>
>>92615653
>>sights and blast carbine mean they're getting +2 to hit effectively giving them BS2
aim is not a free action, aim + shoot is the same as shooting a heavy weapon. A van saar do not need to aim to get a better BS. Also all Van Saar come with an undersuit, which cost 15 credit and extremely useful. All Nomad comewith respirator, which only come in handy if you fight Escher.

>Hide in the waste
This is a nothing burger skip turn action that is situationally useful in some cases for a charge caster user but also really easy to counter with grenade launcher and smoke grenade.
>>
File: IMG_2106.jpg (2.84 MB, 5712x4284)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
>>92583046
Anyone have scans of the warcry stuff from white dwarf #493? Just got some spicy stunties and I want to look at some fluff
>>
File: kommando boyz.jpg (257 KB, 1625x987)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>92583046
>TQ

Played a couple games of Kill team using Votann. Inspired me to buy these Kommandos I'm working on
>>
>>92615825
Here's the narrative stuff for the Kruleboyz and the dorfs. Lemme know if you want the Sundered Scales campaign stuff too.
>>
>>92617436
Kill Team is great! There is a KTG thread FYI
>>
>>92618360
>Lemme know if you want the Sundered Scales campaign stuff too.
NTA but I would very much like that.
>>
>>92611352
CUTE!
>>
>>92619250
Right on anon. Here you go!
>>
So what do you thinks going on with Warcry?
>>
>>92619968
They are stripping it down to truly be aos skirmish. The chaos cults are too niche to do the numbers they want with normies and they can sell stormcast vs skaven as gateways to get cabbagebrains into aos.
>>
Guys, I'm designing job-based scenarios for Oldmunda campaign. One of them is a juves+ganger rat infestation. How many creds per rat, you reckon?
>>
>>92619968
I'd guess they'll push into a new edition on 2025/2026 (1e was 2019, 2e was 2022). It'll be mostly based on AoS factions as >>92619989 said.
After the success of KillTeam, I'd expect them to follow that model, allowing them to update or add whatever units they want without redoing battletomes.
>>
>>92619989
This. Chaos cults werent getting people into aos armies.
>>
>>92619968
They realised double diping is a good use of resources, so they started making stuff like the new chameleons or gorgers or River Temple soldiers which are basically just AoS kits.
Alos it looks like terrian became cheap to make again after Covid chickups
>>
>>92620865
>terrian became cheap to make again
Terrain did not become cheap.
>>
>>92620987
Cheap to make, not cheap to buy. They can add a bit of extra stuff to boxes that is produced elsewhere to tune up the price a bit more.
>>
Found the old aether war box i got for my KO and never touched the tzeentch side, now im building jade obelisk can i use those together in warcry? if not hows the discniggers by themselves?
>>
>>92622795
Jade Obelisk and Tzeentch Arcanites/Daemons are all 3 distinct factions (you could take up to 2 heroes as allies though). Jade Obelisk with 1-2 Tzaangor Enlightened allies seems sweet, they do a good job of covering the speed issues JO have.
>>
Do I buy the smug Pepe head or the vagina dentata for warcry

I came into some money unexpectedly so I thought I’d treat myself. I like all the warbands in the box sets, I just can’t decide between the terrain.
>>
>>92624321
theres also the broken lizardmen ziggurat.
>>
>>92624321
Can’t beat the smug frog tbqfhwus (to be quite fucking honest with you senpai)
>>
File: head to head.jpg (287 KB, 1603x681)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>92624321
I'm a sucker for fallen statues, personally.
>>
>>92623574
Nice, also read a great bray shaman can be used and had one of those from back in the day i never got around to painting ive got some bits off and started kitbashing.

Now the dic tzaangor as they the bow and arrow or spear? and is it recommended to make one leader? i think aether war gave me the parts to make two units of three.
>>
File: GMHqkzNXEAE4v2L.jpg (345 KB, 1456x2048)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
>>92624837
Also should i paint his fur blue like a tzaangor or regular beast to look like hes joined the jade cult specifically?
>>
File: tzaangor.jpg (155 KB, 1056x635)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>92624837
>>92624849
>Now the dic tzaangor as they the bow and arrow or spear?
You want the spears, the bows are hugely overcosted due to them getting taxed on high movement, ranged, and fly. If you plan to take one in your Jade Obelisk list you'll need to make it the leader variant so it can be used as an ally. As their own stand-alone warband you can probably make something jank with just the disc guys but realistically you'd want some regular Tzaangors to fill out the numbers. If I recall, 2 of the leader spear disc guys + 8 Tzaangors is exactly 1000 points and is a great starter list for them.
>Also should i paint his fur blue like a tzaangor or regular beast to look like hes joined the jade cult specifically?
Maybe paint his robes to match how you're going to paint the Jade Obelisk?
>>
>>92624951
He doesnt actually have any clothes just a cape of sewn skin which i might do the different tones of the cults like iron golems and the like.
>>
>>92625020
>which i might do the different tones of the cults like iron golems and the like.
Sounds based if you can pull it off.
>>
File: Splat.png (223 KB, 608x382)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
I'm going into a sevens tournament with the following list:
4 Chaos chosen blockers
3 beastmen, one with sure hands
Any advice for a new player?
>>
>>92627821
The only thing any Blood Bowl coach needs to remember is: Have Fun.
>>
>>92627821
Play them as Khorne instead. Frenzy everything off the board, even yourself.
>>
File: Yuka and Riya.png (712 KB, 1034x640)
712 KB
712 KB PNG
>>92599415
>/tg/ is bitching about female ringwraiths
/v/ got those in our current timeline.
>>
File: Riya and Yuka.png (898 KB, 1280x720)
898 KB
898 KB PNG
>>92599415
>>92629314
They're chinagirls.
>>
File: Kingdom of Shen.png (2.9 MB, 995x1678)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB PNG
>>92629319
From ancient china.
>>
>>92629314
>>92629319
>>92629327
Stop, anonymuose!! I can only be so erect before something ruptures!!
>>
>>92619968
Idk but I would very much like a scan of the new warband tome to find out.
>>
So whats the actual lore of the warcry warband you play? why play a bootleg knock off of an aos army?
>>
>>92630415
>bootleg knock off
I don't think this really applies to any of the Warcry warbands, does it? None of them are the cheap off-brand version of their parent faction, they're just a more specialized/specific group from that wider faction. Like the Wildercorps guys are an actual part of the armies of the Cities of Sigmar, they're the rangers that scout things out ahead of the main force.
>>
File: 3xEzgh055Vo6HUyO.jpg (191 KB, 1000x717)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>92630415
Because they are more interesting than the aos army
>Thondia mezo american meets byzantine master stoneworker civilisation, makes the finest crafts in all the realms and even in Azyr their work is demanded
>age of chaos happens, survivors walled off in city carved into/under massive ayers rock type locale
>all seems lost till a giant jade obelisk starts glowing and vomiting out blue/pink bird creatures called Idolarcs and a voice within offers them a deal. Sacrifice a portion of the population to the obelisk and be saved
>Desperate they do it and a wave of jade energy rings out like a bell, everyone is in agony as their flesh and muscles transmute to something closer to jade
>From young to old everyone is as strong as a Kroxigor and they march to war and destroy the demon army
>The twist, of course, is "The Speaker in the Stone" is the greatest demon of of tzeentch, sealed in the jade by the great old ones in the days before WHFB and now everyone is starting to crack and crumble. They don jade masks to stop their faces turning to dust
>The only way to stay whole is more sacrifices and the entity drives them to seek out and tear down all Seraphon works and erect more jade obelisks in their place that shit out more Idolarcs the speaker can use as its eyes, ears and mouths and can also see things like chameleon skinks to alert the priests and desecrators on the hunt.
>They are driven into the gnarlwood to destroy a statue hosting the soul of an ancient slann
>Beastmen and all sorts of mutant creatures of chaos follow them, hypnotised by the ringing of the jade and the lure of the speaker of the stone
>Now a people reborn as a grand cult known as "The Masons of the Jade Obelisk" spread more jade obelisks like anti-blackstone radiating out from their capital city of

Meanwhile tzeentch in aos is just losers in bird masks that look like bootleg slaanesh cultists that just love magic because reasons lmao.
>>
File: Cawdor3.jpg (1.15 MB, 2775x3448)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>92599729
I wouldn't go too heavy into bonepickers, maybe have 3-4. They're great for the price but you need gangers in order to get some range. Autoguns/autopoles are great for getting some pinning in, and too many blunderpoles is seen as a dick move. I wouldn't go for more than two or three in a given list. But good luck with objectively the best house, and I am not biased.
>>
>>92614716
They're definitely exaggerating, the have mounts which are pretty good, and if they're playing in an Ash Waste campaign/scenario, they get access to cool abilities. They do lose a lot in 'in-hive" games, but they're far from being terrible in my eyes.
>>
>>92630507
Autopole is pure trash, 2 slot and now you can't take buss or a 2 weapons for CC loadout anymore. The pole was never the reason people take it, it's the cheap flamer and only gang in the game that can effectively use flamer weapon. Want a pole with autogun? Grab a pistol + autogun, it's even cheaper.
>>
Still new to Necromunda. Got a Cawdor gang I've used once and a Chaos gang which I haven't used at all.

My FLGS is midway through a campaign. There's a plan to to do an ash wastes campaign after. I'm very unfamiliar with ash wastes. What am I in for?

I understand vehicles are a big part of this. The official vehicles are kinda ugly. Are there any good 3rd party vehicles (esp for Cawdor or Chaos)?

Might convert something if not

Do I need a vehicle before starting, or is it the sort of thing you get later on?
>>
>>92630507
>>92630644
Thanks anons,
I'll build up more autogun gangers to fill up my ranks. I definitely need a bit more range, especially for any sector mechanicus maps.
I saw people saying the autopole was bad but couldn't see any issue with the Polearm. I thought 10 points for the Polearm was pretty good until you mentioned that restricts dualwielding and only allows them 1 additional weapon.
>>
>>92630759
If the campaign follows the normal rules you have the typical1000 credits for the gang and get 400 extra for vehicles/crew at the start.
I would suggest making the vehicles yourself, chaos and cawdor are the easyest and best for that.
>>
File: IMG_7349.jpg (429 KB, 1800x1200)
429 KB
429 KB JPG
Is there a website that collects all boardpieces for Space Hulk in printable quality? And additional rules and stuff from the Wizard magazins?
>>
>>92603960
Xavier fucking sucks, that's why.
>>
File: IMG_7350.jpg (247 KB, 600x2300)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>92630929
>>
>>92627821
Sevens are boring and overrated as fuck.
>>
>>92630759
Ask around if it is going to be a standard Ash Wastes campaign with no arbitrated addons. The AW campaign is incredibly credit starved (average income per week being around 15-30c unless you have ways to boost your income, meaning your starting gang matters a lot. AW campaigns also allow you to focus on playing AW boards as you don't have to worry about Zone mortalis cramped interior scenarios.
The campaign is quite clearly designed around the idea that all players have a ridgehauler, the creds from hauling cargo supplementing the fact that unlike all other campaigns territories basically give no cash. If your arbitrator goes with the variant from the FAQ doing a x10 or even a x5 on the road creds custom and other vehicles become more realistic. Our attempt at a AW campaign fizzled out when we realised the imbalance between the roads and the gangs with or without haulers. Cinderak and Temenos are much better campaigns for playing the wastes.
>>
What are good allies for Rotmire creed?
>>
File: IMG_7352.jpg (98 KB, 1600x900)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>92630929
Some tiles i found.
>>
File: IMG_7364.jpg (162 KB, 1024x706)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>92632092
>>
File: IMG_7365.jpg (242 KB, 904x1278)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>92632106
>>
File: IMG_7363.jpg (248 KB, 1000x1193)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>92632119
>>
After wanting to have the game for a very, very long time, I finally got my hands on a Space Hulk 4th edition, and I'm so happy with it! I also got some terminators in order to make multiple chapters to play (using the ipad extra missions, is totally retarded GW did that back in the day). The thing is that I'm building the Death Angel with the Chapter Banner, and I don't know... isn't a bit silly that supposedly you're on a huge space hulk, with narrow corridors where terminators barely fit, but still, you've got one guy that insisted on having a fucking big ass banner bigger than his already fucking big ass power armour on his back? How could I build it in a more less sensical way?

Also, are there fanmade missions or campaigns or something like that for Space Hulk? It also looks like other games such as WarCry or Heroquest also have lots of fanmade missions, but I just suck at finding that kinda stuff.
>>
Any good proxies for MESBG? Why are bannermen so fucking expensive?
>>
File: IMG_7351.jpg (381 KB, 1100x752)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>92632221
I agree, it is very hard to find some fanmade stuff. The missions you get are nice, but some are too big.
And creating some chapter specific seems normal. I did a Space Wolves version of the minis. Since i play them with my brother he made a Chaos Terminator group.
>>
>>92632319
In terms of points? Because Banners are very, very good.
>>
>>92633207
No, in terms of monetary cost, 40 bong coins for 1 usable Rohan bannerman (1 mounted 1 unmounted, so you can't use both, if the mount dies you switch to the unmounted) and a captain is retarded
>>
>>92633304
So get a secondhand model or convert one from a spearman?
>>
>>92633368
That's what I'll probably have to do, haven't come across any outside of ebay so far though
>>
>>92633304
Are you planning on playing War of the Ring, or why do you feel like you'll need multiple warrior banners for Rohan? And if you are I think the cost of banners is going to be the least of your problems looking at the units which need 24-32 models a pop.
>>
>>92633400
Have you tried trolltrader or aa-wargames (ebay)? Also, ask around locally.
>>
>>92633431
No I just think I should have more than one. Ideally I want one for a cavalry warband and another for the on foot forces because they will most likely get separated
>>
how would you fix them?
>>
>>92633499
Bring Gamling with the Royal Banner on horse instead.
>>
>>92633499
Right, if you want one for some sort of idea for a theme that's fine. But there are basically no reasons in competitive play for you to be taking a mounted Rohan banner for a warrior; most lists that can will take Gamling for his special banner, those that can't will prefer to take a foot banner (harder to shoot out, can support with a spear if using Helm's guard or Theodred's legion), use a banner-like effect on another model (Erkenbrand in Eomer's Legendary legion) or ally one in from another list. You generally are not taking multiple banners until you get to unusually large points, and even at that point you have much better options for banner carriers than a mounted warrior.
And if you don't care for competitive, you should use SBG inventory as your guideline for model collections; there is only 1 in the entire history of Lotr/Hobbit/MESBG where you need both a warrior of Rohan with banner, and a rider of Rohan with banner.
>>
File: rotmire sneed.png (1.07 MB, 1344x1073)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>92631871
The Mindstealer is pretty nice for them, gives them a fast damage piece with decent durability and some useful abilities. The Fomoroid Crusher is also just very generically good, it's hard to go wrong throwing one into your list. If you're just playing out-of-the-box Rotmire currently, the biggest stinkers are the two Carrion Catchers - if I recall, a Bloodkine ally is close to the same points as them (or at least fits if you go for a few copies of the cheaper version of the basic Rotmire guy), so that makes the Bloodkine with great axe or paired axes an easy swap in to give them a bit of a power boost.
>>
>>92633552
MA5 Blorcs is about all you could do, really.
>>
>>92633552
replace brawler with mighty blow, the entire gimmick of black orcs is beating the shit out of the opponent anyway, might as well make it actually fun
>>
What would you say has a more fun narrative campaign? Kill Team or Warcry?
>>
>>92634552
Warcry for sure. KT's fixed lists carry over into narrative so there's no real growth for your force over the course of a campaign outside of the fairly basic advancements and equipment for the models already in your team, which Warcry also has in addition to being able to grow your warband. Warcry has more supplemental narrative content as well, and if you dig into the 1st edition narrative stuff (all still fully compatible with the 2nd edition core systems) then there's an absolute wealth of one-off narrative scenarios to throw into your games as well as multiple alternate campaign systems, most of which are pretty fun in their own right.
>>
>>92633552
Give the primary general access. All of them.
>>
>>92627821
Let them come to you before initiating an attack. Be careful where you blitz. I personally like the Mino variant, more options for aggro and pitch control but be sure to use your str4 blitz to your advantage
>>
>>92634552
Warcry. Kill teams for metagrogs.
>>
>>92633552
MA5 on Black Orcs. Done.
>>
File: IMG_7367.jpg (118 KB, 920x950)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>92632133
The 4th edition tiles.
>>
>>92597922
nice job on the bases making the models pop. I like the use of Numenorean shields on the fountain court guard too.
>>
>>92632319
>>92633304
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1516504855/riders-of-the-west-bannerman-foot-and
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1232559596/hengstland-banner-bearer
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1549180925/outlaw-ranger-banner-bearer

usually you get a 10% off if you leave the item in your basket overnight on the etsy store. I think the code is COMEBACK but could be wrong.
>>
>>92629314
>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"
>"What are they?"
>"They were once men"
Direct movie quote btw...
>>
File: Frodo and Galadriel.png (1.89 MB, 1300x700)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
>>92635981
So you're saying they're less chinagirl and more thai ladyboy?
>>
>>92635498
Some french fan page i found. Sadly only french ressources.
http://sh.chroniques.free.fr/
http://sh.chroniques.free.fr/lejeu.html
http://sh.chroniques.free.fr/nouvellespieces.html
>>
File: IMG_7389.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
>>92639707
And how good is Tabletop Simulator for GW games?
>>
File: IMG_7390.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1080)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>92639711
>>
File: IMG_7391.jpg (452 KB, 1920x1080)
452 KB
452 KB JPG
>>92639721
>>
File: IMG_7392.jpg (443 KB, 1920x1080)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
>>92639732
>>
File: IMG_7393.jpg (366 KB, 1920x1080)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>>92639738
>>
>>92639711
I'm curious about this. Ive played boardgames on TTS during the lockdown with some friends but not for GW games. It seems like it would be rather finicky but I've never tried it.

I like the modeling/painting aspect too much though. I'm also a big fan of the tactile sensations of moving figures and rolling dice.
>>
>>92639711
it's cringe man. just make friends. the only game worth playing online is blood bowl, and the only way if fumbbl.
>>
>>92641083
I like to have some miniatures on the board too. But digital makes it a little bit easier or quicker.

>>92641614
Ok.
>>
File: gnomes.jpg (334 KB, 1170x784)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
here's "Railroad Fastener Magazine Issue XVII"

https://files.catbox.moe/aqo21x.pdf
>>
>>92643041
>https://files.catbox.moe/aqo21x.pdf

Thank You Good Sir!
>>
Hey MESBGers,
Is it possible to play full Evil soup armies with the current rules, or do you need to stick to a specific army? If I wanted a dragon, but also wanted to run orcs and morgul knights, could I just do it and just lose the army bonuses?
>>
I am not ready for Khornate squirrels.
>>
>>92643448
Im nor sure if Goblins and Mordor/Angmar are Allies of Convenience or Impossible allies. Impossible has some additional penalities, (not stand fast share, not heroic action share, break seperatly) but you can do it.
>>
I've been convinced to play some Bloodbowl by a friend. I'm not usually one for GW games but I liked the demo enough and I enjoyed how much everyone celebrated their awful luck.

What should I expect getting into the game? I'm looking at a Norse thing since my pal sent me a bigass Gdoc of 3rd party miniatures but I have no idea where to start.
>>
>>92643809
Dont get too attacked to your players, they will die. Protect your Valks.
>>
>>92643041
Gnomes seem more dickish than halflings.
>>
>>92643809
Norse will die but there is a mechanic to ensure players always start with 11. Expect fun and frustration. Nuffle is your sole lord.
>>
>>92643606

Akhorne has been terrorising the Blood Bowl pitches for a while now.
>>
>>92643799
Thank you anon, got it. Looks like Moria and Mordor are yellow, so, no bonus and no penalties.
>>
I'm looking to get into kill team. If I buy the core rule book will it include the rules/points cost/whatever for building a matched play team? I've got a miniature rule book that come with one of the boxed sets and it basically assumes you know haw to put together a matched play list already.
>>
>>92645350
List in killteam are fixed, there're no "point cost". The only cost you need to calculated is the 10 points they provided for you to buy extra equipment.

Also use wahapedia for killteam rule.
>>
>>92645396
wow and just like that my interest has vanished. Well played GW. well played.
>>
>>92645350
No the core rulebook does not contain any rules for teams. like with all gw products you need seperate books for each team, in kill team there are two annual books that combine a few of the books together but not all. If you want to look at some teams the gw community page has a few team pdf's free to download.
>>
>>92641614
No, BB2.
>>
I cut some 4mm disks off an antler for a random project, and I got to thinking more of the same would be perfect bases for a Wood Elf team
>>
Hey guys I got into blood bowl during bb1 and bb2 pc games. I bought the box set from 2016 edition which I have not yet modeled. How does the box from 2016 vs 2020 compare? Which is better?
>>
>>92646694
You've had the best, now GW is just rewriting rules to invalidate it, giving every team and star a unique special rule to bloat the game, some teams get more than one. then there is the passing stat being separated from agility, which they somehow managed to completely nuke passing from the game with, which might be a result of not playtesting anything which is another problem with the new shit, also team rosters are being redone to invalidate old collections which is a longtime GW special for all their products. they also just released a second halflings roster that is Not!Halflings instead of giving fresh models to something like Chaos Dwarfs which GW inexplicably hates (seriously their last AOS/Warcry Chorf release had 0 Chorfs)
>>
>>92611352
You can do a lot of dumb things in Necromunda
Even meme stuff like picture related is less annoying than the corpse stuff.
>>
Is phobos vs. assault intercessors relatively balanced for killteam?
Got a buddy coming in who wants to try, but I do normal 40k, so I got no idea what Kill team is like. Been reading rules on wahapedia and they make sense to me, but I have 1600pts total in models, most of them tanks, so I don't have too many options.
>>
>>92647004
I've played a little bit of blood bowl 3 after release, but had to quit because of crashing problems ruining matches (hopefully they have a reconnect feature now), so I have some exposure to the new rules I guess. I am asking in terms of the teams, box, and board. Would you prefer to have the 2016 edition or the 2020 edition? I also am considering getting one of the vintage editions because I love the old artwork and boxes.
>>
>>92647588
OWA and Blorcs are both kinda crap, Orcs vs Humans is a far better intro pairing and "default" pairing if you're going to treat it like a board game.
>>
>>92647605
Oh snap you're right the new edition doesn't have humans. Yeah humans are best to teach friends and such.
>>
>>92647588
>have some exposure to the new rules I guess.
The way they're doing the team changes means the rules change every few months, the game you played is not the one you'd be buying into now.
>>
>>92604988
>>92604580
Counter-point: I buy from FW all the time and have never had any bad quality stuff. It was always top notch. Still too expensive though.
>>
>>92646694
In terms of what's in the box:
2016 had half a rulebook and half the positionals you need. 2020 has a full rulebook and full teams, with big guys and star players.
In terms of the teams themselves, Orcs and Humans are better for learning and in general.

>>92647620
Is talking complete bollocks.
>>
>>92647629
You're retarded, gnomes have three unique rules that didn't previously exist, same for every other roster changed and every star.
>>
>>92647629
Yeah true my 2016 doesn't have big guy which in my experience sucks for humans. Going to need to pick up an ogre
>>
>>92647560
Phobos has way more option and can fill the team full of specialists while Intercessor pretty much has to fill use the generic warrior to fill. Generic fighters don't really had much to do outside of combat or objective stuff while specialists almost always have something they can do, or they get extra bonus in combat.
At least the number from both team are the same.
>>
>>92647643
t. Nogames
>>
>>92647643
>>92647620
Autism.
>>
>>92647646
Humans are all round solid, only really tapering off later. But as far as learning, they're great!
>>
>>92648592

Yeah, plus they're actually pretty good, and they get Halflings now!

I feel like there's a range of good starter team options that run a pretty clear line from Bash to Agility for people who want to get started in Blood Bowl, going:

>Bash-Dwarves-Orcs-Humans-Skaven-Elf Union-Agility.

Not that there aren't plenty of other teams that aren't too demanding on a starting coach. Although some of the weirder ones might breed bad habits.
>>
File: warhammer quest 95.jpg (13 KB, 281x180)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Is printing/making it/collecting bit by bit original Warhammer Quest worth it - or it's not worth the effort and better to buy current Warhammer Quest box - Cursed City and proxy this stuff with Old World miniatures? I'm feeling like playing some decent dungeon crawler in Warhammer world.
>>
>>92649203
They had a new edition of Heroquest with updated miniature that is much better than the original. For GW product Silver Tower is the best version of warhammer quest to collect, All of the hereoes from silver tower are on individual sprue, meaning they all have enough space to look amazing, the tiles is also a lot more modular than Cursed City.

Cursed city shoved all of the heroes into 3 small sprues, so each of them had less sprue space, and not all of them get the equal amount of space, lead to rather generic pose, they look alright for the most part, except for Emelda Braskov (the chick with the greatsword), absolutely dogshit sculpt, Cursed city is fine if you can get it on a discount, at the 200 burger buck price...meh.
>>
>>92647626
well i googled a bit to this topic and apparently the bigger the models the more problems occure like bending of the material so they don't fit anymore. that seems to be the main problem but there are several others as well you hear less frequent.
>>
>>92648592
>Humans are all round solids
most american post I've ever seen on here
>>
>>92649354
Bending is expected for all GW resin product, they expect you to soak it in warm water then try to re adjust the part back to straight. The worst thing that could happen to a resin cast is bubble formed inside the miniature, if bubble form near the surface of the model then you're fucked.

Plus if someone asked a question about resin model, chance are they're completely noob and will likely spill the superglue on their expensive toy, completely ruin it.
>>
File: Unit list.jpg (1.02 MB, 3420x1602)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
Found this quite interesting website for Space Hulk.
http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?t=3679
>>
>>92649345
I don't care much about models - I have almost all evil armies of WFB and some good ones too. What I care about is to have a good dungeon crawler I can immerse into. Does Cursed City have rules for classic monsters like orcs, beastmen etc.? I dislike AoS setting, I want old world setting.
>>
>>92649467
Silver Tower + expansion (WD + Shadow over hammerhal) had various chaos monster (demon, chaos worshipped mortal, tzeench beastmen, skaven etc...) as adversaries. No orc, only spider-goblin. Rule are really simple to make your own enemies/heroes.

Cursed city are set in the city of Ulfenkarn, only death faction monster and people from Radukar vampire-werewolf dynasty.
>>
>>92649506
Arigato gozaimashta, anon-dono!

>Cursed city are set in the city of Ulfenkarn, only death faction monster and people from Radukar vampire-werewolf dynasty.

Maybe some fan expansion then? OG WH: Quest is so expensive on ebay it's unbelieveable. Silver city is expensive as fuck too.
>>
>>92649520
>Silver city is expensive as fuck too.
Since you only need the rule the cards shouldn't be that expensive. Adversaries/heroes cards are pretty easy to find online and they're in the pdf scan of the rulebook. Tiles are... print your own. You need to dungeon layout, treasure, and skill cards.
>>
>>92649570
If I was to print/collect bit by bit Silver Tower, I'd have to know it's objectively better than Warhammer Quest game from 1995.
>>
>>92649383
I'm not a burger anon. I am Yuro.
>>
>>92648151
>>92648576
nothing but ad hominem is as good as admitting you have no argument.
you don't like what I say, but cannot refute it with evidence or reason.
>>
>>92649345
New HQ boxart and minis are absolutely disgusting though
>>
>>92649345

I recently got my niece into Heroquest, and we played our way through most of the base game. Could you please elaborate how the new version is better?
>>
>>92650840
Perharp the phrasing was a bit wrong, i meant the miniature are better, the game are practically carbon copy of the original with some name change for copyright reason. They had several expansions since but i'm not familiar with the game and non GW stuff in general because no one sell that shit here and different brand miniatures don't mix well.

http://yetanotherfriggingamingblog.blogspot.com/2022/01/heroquest-1989-versus-heroquest-2021.html
>>
>>92647232
Can't do this out of gang generation.
Balefire Thrower, Hex'Iron Blade & Warpstorm Bolters are Illegal access levels (AL), not Common or Rare, Venators don't get it out of the gate.

You can get warp rounds on everything with bullet merchant though, yes.
>>
>>92650957

Thank you for the response, and the link.
>>
I am currently having a nerd tism obsession right now. I am really split on who to grind in BB to git gud with but not sure which one would be more fun and rewarding in the long term. This is looking towards tournament play and also leagues

The three teams im looking at are

- Khorne
- Nurgle
- Black Orcs
>>
>>92651206
Whether high-calibre hook up works at gang creation is up to the arbitrator, I would say the venator gang creation rules wouldn't be affected by that nor by things like the Cinderak campaign's +4 rarity until the gang has already been fully created.
With the new rulebook there is no longer a black market trading post nor a separate trade action, so illegal is now the same as rarity, just with a negative modifier for law abiding gangs. So if you have a venator gang start as Outlaw at creation, you would get those illegal 8-11 options as well.
>>
I'm playing mesbg again after a long time. So long in fact that I almost don't have any models and I'm playing small point size games with a mumakil and haradrim warriors. Got two questions, one specific to the mumakil and the other to the game

>what's the best army to collect if you want to resort to gw's official store as little as possible? Most of the stores and 2nd hand sellers don't have small/old boxes (i.e. banners and captains are a pain to find)

>I kinda want to magnetize the top of the mumakil to the elephant, the basket where the troops stand (I recall it's called howdah?). What kind of magnets would you recommend and how should I place them? I've never magnetize anything but the thing is so damn tall it hardly fits inside the box to transport it to games if glued.
>>
>>92651533
Black Orcs are not terribly rewarding to play long term. They like playing at low TV where they might get some use from 50k bribes, and Brawler becomes worse as the team develops because the main skill you want on the Black Orcs very nearly invalidates it.

Either of the chaos teams will become more fun as they develop.
>>
>>92652207
Thanks anon. The crux is also two fold for Nurgle. On one hand, traditionally I have always preferred out lasting my opponents in all games/mediums and Nurgle fits that. Similarly, I know from experience they can really cock up even good opponents if played right and their gameplay is super unique in being hyper passive to win.

However, in contrast, as weird as it sounds, I found the Nurgle aesthetic a bit up and down. Some I like, like the Bloaters, others less so, like the Rotspawn. Not to mention, some of the Nurgle aesthetic is disgusting, so id rather like everything about them than not. Also their ferociously limited fame options is a bit perplexing too. My autusm also hurts where I can't decide if I like Nurgle, the God, as he seems super malicious compared to the others as he hides his evil behind a fatherly demeanour.

In contrast, love Khorne's fluff, aesthetic, background and minis. But I find their lack of "history" in BB like Nurgle, who've been round for years, itches my ocd as them being a team with depth. Gameplay wise they are fun but im not sure if they hit a skill peak much sooner than Nurgle as you fight better coaches.

Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>92652092
>Best way to collect
It depends wholly on what you primarily care about. Do you want official GW models or are you willing to buy historicals or 3d prints? Is converting models fine so you don't need to worry about those banner bearers, hornblowers, and captains? If you want the models, are recasts fine? If you've answered "No" to all these questions and want the official models, you're going to look at local facebook groups and easily accessible second hand traders from your continent. It's going to take time to get some specific models, but others are easier to come by.
>>
>>92651632
>so illegal is now the same as rarity, just with a negative modifier for law abiding gangs.
>So if you have a venator gang start as Outlaw at creation, you would get those illegal 8-11 options as well.
Still separate AL, and Venator rules -even if they're dated now- are hardwritten Common or Rare 8-11; they don't contemplate the option of Law or Outlaw
>>
>>92650708
What is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Faggot.
>>
>>92649787
You mean a gyro
>>
>>92651533
All three of those teams are boring as shit
>>
>>92652748
Isn't the warpstorm bolter AL 10? Meaning it would be within the 8-11 for Venator.
Regardless it is a really silly list.
Same with the gunk + blaze list.
I rather see the cursed spam than another webber or "nuh uh" corpse build.
>>
>>92654631
>ignores every fact stated
You're the faggot.
>>
>>92654710
What team would you say?
>>
>>92654697
Gyrocopter?
>>
>>92654631
Don't feed the shitposter
>>
>>92651533
Khorne would be my pick. That much frenzy might often lead to disaster, but it'll never be boring!
>>
>>92656728
Take your own advice.
>>
>>92645430
Don't tell the KT thread, they'll have a schizophrenic episode and screech incoherently about plasma guns if you so much as question the lack of list building.
>>
>>92657763
Previous killteam versions "list building" suck donkey ball. The only good list building game is Shadow War and it's not a very fun game to play.
>>
>>92657936
>not a very fun
is it a good game then?

>>92657763
i am from there and can say that is mostly true but we also have dozens of people that screech the opposite.
>>
new
>>92658208
>>92658208
>>92658208
>>
>>92658178
>is it a good game then?
Nope, it's old school necromunda using 40k model and 2d6 for ammo roll, no AA, being pinned is the equivalent of skipping your turn for majority of the faction, 2 factions in the game cannot be pinned by 90% of weapons, Winning give D3 points, losing get 1 point. Starting the game you could roll a "my guy got kidnapped" and lose 1 guy, and some team only have 3-5 guys.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.