[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Me and my party killed a lich today. Have you ever done that?
>>
>>92587825
Ages ago.
It has been a while since I've run fantasy, but the most recent lich I remember, my players worked with since after discussion they realized he was just a fucking nerd and could be helpful in their bigger save the world plot (he was).
It was a bit of a moral dilemma for the Paladin because the lich did in fact eat souls, but he wouldn't need to ear any for at least a century if he wasn't "killed" and forced to regenerate, so the party protected him to make that the case.
>>
No, but I've killed my party with a lich before (I'm the DM).
>>
>>92587825
Mmm...no...*cries himself because DM is incompetent at high level games*
>>
>>92587825
A lich played to the fullness of its abilities should be pretty much unbeatable. The only times I've heard of liches being destroyed is when the GM holds back or is incapable of playing them as smart as they're meant to be. The tale of how you defeat a lich should be quite involved. I am open to hearing it.
>>
I had a party of liches kill another lich once. All necormancer wars rule.
>>
>>92587825
Me and my party fucked a bitch today. BTW ur mom says hi, OP
>>
>>92587825
Do Madoka Magica magical girls count?
>>
I killed two liches so I dunno maybe you should improve
>>
>>92587825
My party has killed a lich.
>>
>>92587825
5E or PF?
>>
>>92589129
Don’t you just love it when villains go full territorial and the heroes just let them kill themselves over it?
>>
>>92591425
>>
>>92587825
No but we killed a powerful mage who was trying to become a lich
>>
>>92587825
Yes, although the lich was one of the PCs rather than an enemy. It was a Monsters as PCs sort of game. She died because one of the other PCs was dropping carpet bombs everywhere and didn't care how many allies got caught in it. She got better, though, because she's a Lich.
>>
>>92587825
Lich are low street tier enemies who would be fit to be muscle for higher tier criminals
>>
>>92589129
>>92591466
>Lich gang wars
I can dig it
>>
>>92587825
Yes but we didn't fight the lich directly. We had an adventure trying to find its weaknesses, leading to the discovery of the philactery, and then we went in and destroyed it after fighting his lieutenants
In the DM's world, if you destroy the philactery the lich dies, kinda like Sauron and the One ring
>>
>>92592236
what the fuck is up with that woman's pants?
>>
>>92592475
her fashion is so bad that it gives her 41 AC
>>
>>92587825
I forget the context of why we were fighting the lich (as if you really even need a reason, look at them, they're spooky) but we started the battle by collectively flipping him off and then using a scroll we had to turn back time five seconds so we could flip him off a second time. Obviously he never knew he was flipped off twice but we did. When we killed him and were feeling super good about ourselves for being able to beat a fucking lich our DM did what he always did and said "don't get too full of yourselves it was just a baby lich". Any time we killed a cool boss monster he said that "yeah but it was just a baby dragon" "yeah, but it was just a baby giant".
That was one of the best groups I ever played with.
>>
>>92594904
nice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.