[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 198234793243343.png (956 KB, 936x782)
956 KB
956 KB PNG
Tell me your "incorrect" game ideas, for settings or mechanics.

I start: strength limitations based on sex.
>>
>>92588103
>strength limitations based on sex.
I also do this.
Cumming outside of your wife reduces muscle mass, so it's common for women to try to seduce powerful men to weaken them.
>>
There is no Africa in my world, although there are blacks who live on tropical islands.
>>
>>92588103
I enjoy the idea that OP plays games, even though I know it's incorrect.
>>
>>92588103
Humans are the only playable race (and it's a fantasy setting not a Scifi). Snowflake freaks are actually treated like freaks.
>>
>>92588103

This is stupid. Most men are stronger than most women, amd the strongest men are stronger than the strongest women, but there's a small number of women who are stronger than most men (call it STR 16 or whatever).

Given that PCs are usually exceptional heroes, why not have Hilda Bjornsdottir who is stronger than all men but the greatest heroes?

Give women NPCs a generally lower stat if you want, but putting a limit on it for PCs is unnecessary and douchey quibbling and Unfun(tm) besides.
>>
File: 1679966176972928.jpg (437 KB, 1616x2289)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>92588103
I want to have weaker women but making them objectively inferior in all ways just feels wrong. Like, in an action video game where I can make up for lower stats via player skill it's fine, it's just hard mode. But in tabletop where only your character's stats (and your decision making) matter it don't sit right.

Now, if it were a game where you could control multiple characters and women were smaller, used less command points or otherwise let you have more ladies then that'd be cool. Think squads of 6-8 ladies while men could only have 4. Goblins being smaller and/or having a stronger rabble mentality would have even greater numbers.

Most games already have broad shouldered men and slim women by default so letting women have more members per squad wouldn't look so strange.
>>
>>92588103
Each PC has a small chance of being born with magic, regardless of anything else at character creation.
>>
>>92588103
I suspect this thread exists just because you wanted an excuse to post that picture, however I have to admit I really like thhe concept of stat bonuses/penalties based on both sex and (real human) race/ethnicity.
>>
>>92588103
>Humans are not white (tan at best)
>all Elves are brown
>>
>>92588103
wheres the image from?
>>
>>92588970
This is good. Normally I use a mentally ill, elf-hating dwarf to gatekeep the table, but making non-humans non-playable is a good one. Friendly reminder that 'that guy' will brick like a computer if you tell them dwarves have pointy ears.
>>
>>92588103
My game has limitations based on sex. If you've had it, you can't play
>>
>>92588970
>Snowflake freaks are actually treated like freaks.
How if they're not playable?
>>
>>92589001
>there's a small number of women who are stronger than some men
FTFY
>>
File: the racism chart.png (354 KB, 747x682)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
>>92589733
NPC's and PC's are required to use the AD&D-like racism chart when dealing with NPC freaks
>>
Slavery
>>
>>92589001
But then the male heros (who are also exceptional) would tend to be even stronger.
>>
>>92589001
Well, considering that the male deadlift record is 1,104.5 pounds and the female deadlift record is 639 pounds, if would be more like the greatest female hero would have about half the strength of the greatest male hero.

So if your PCs are meant to represent legendary heroes, in whatever system you're using probably the strongest female character would have about half the strength bonus of the strongest male character.

Which, depending on how powerful a "legendary hero" is relative to an ordinary person, may or may not result in the strongest female legendary hero being stronger than many or most men in the setting.
>>
>>92588103
Player characters can and do die through bad choices or even bad luck in dangerous situations.
All dice rolls are in the open and not altered to suit preconceived plot arcs.
>>
>>92588103
>3-step turns (upkeep step, action step, end step)
>aerial mechanics, on an abstract level
>ailments applied per body part
>contested rolls
>D20 usage
>effects from attacks that move targets around, knock them down, or launch them airborne; follow-up/reflexive attacks that capitalize on these effects activating
>focus on building a cohesive set of abilities, gear, & powers
>grid based combat, with abstracted space each 1×1
>injury maluses
>mathematical formulas & small incremental bonuses
>milestone level-ups, but codified instead of decided by a storyteller
>modifiers to attack power based on not just effects on character & bonuses, but also based on attack's interaction with target armor & resistance
>multiple steps to resolve actions
>no social encounters and very little in-town itinerary; almost everything is done in the field
>randomly-generated everything (characters, dungeons room-by-room, loot, monsters, obstacles)
>resource tracking (actions, ammunition, body part HP, buildup that causes special encounters, conditions for passives & skills, equipment durability, special energy, status magnitudes & timers)
>side initiative (hero phase, enemy phase, other phase)
>special allies encountered in the field (familiars who operate within hero will range, lancers who are more effective outside hero will range, roadies who are mountable), each ally has synergy with the hero through passives & skills
>strength is a generalized attribute per body part combining numerous concepts on an abstract level (not just physical strength, but acuity, control, magical attunement, deftness, endurance, etc) & decides things based on which body part is in question (head strength decides will range, arm strength decides throwing range, leg strength decides movement range per action)

I'm sure this will bother someone who's never going to have to play it.
>>
>>92589879
>milestone level-ups, but codified instead of decided by a storyteller
Elaborate. Not bothered, interested in how that works.
>>
>>92588211
What's wrong with this? My setting doesn't have Africa either since it's not modern Earth.
>>
>>92589064
Just give them way higher CHA and limit men's CHA. On top of that, make all npc interaction checks against women easier by X (like bargaining or convincing), and non-npc interactions (like moving a boulder) the same as men's.
>>
>>92589722
lol
don't worry, everyone is safe here.
>>
>>92588211
Fantasy Caribbean and Barbary Coast nautical inspiration is a thousand times more fun and interesting than all the blatant wakanda ripoffs that you usually see as fantasy africa
>>
>>92589914
The main three are:
>destroy/kill the dungeon's lead enemy
>exiting the dungeon with about half the page filled
>full generation of the dungeon
Sometimes, an enemy generated from the previously mentioned "special encounters" will award a level-up when destroyed. Very rarely, the comsumption of an item will award a level.
These are tied into the mechanics themselves, so no matter what, these conditions being met will always award a level-up.
Other people will say it's over-gamist or video games or bean counting, but I'm just not interested in the whims of some storyteller when I'm out to play a game.
>>
>>92590001
>>92588211
I created an African continent for my fantasy world based on my real experiences of living in Africa as an African.
I got called a racist online when I posted it. :(
>>
>>92588103
Players identifying themselves or NPCs identifying PCs by their class is dumb, and only makes sense in niche cases like Paladin.

> "Greetings, I'm Thranden the Fighter/Druid"
>>
>>92588116
Intelligence based on race and sub race.
>>
>>92590110
>*cast invis on the party and go gank the wizard at the end*
Encouraging powerleveling in tabletop is just bizarre to me
>>
>>92589914
https://themansegaming.blogspot.com/2018/06/20-non-gold-for-xp-progression-systems.html
>>
>>92588103
I want to participate in a game where the characters are witnessing the death kneel of an empire. Something along the lines of "The last days of the Reich" or "The 100 days campaign" or "Price of freedom" with the players stuck in a losing battle. I think there would be something cathartic in the idea that "what once was will never be again."

unfortunately, I feel like im the only one with that desire, and the last time I ran "Price of Freedom" (A red dawn RPG essentially) the players were too childish for it to work, constantly trying to one up and PVP one another.
>>
>>92589733
>Implying human characters can't be snowflakes and freaks.
>>
>>92590162
I would be more interested in a cyberpunk setting inspired by real experiences of living in Africa, but still I'm interested to learn more about your fantasy world.
>>
>>92589733
Anon means when he's a player and someone shows up with a character who isn't a grizzled mudcore strong silent type Male Human Fighter/Paladin then he'll needlessly antagonize them with foul-mouthed in-universe racial slurs and smugly reply "it's what my character would do" when someone tells him to knock it off. At least that's what he would do, if he actually played games. Which he doesn't.

This thread only exists because OP jacked off to his picture.
>>
>>92590162
Your mistake was not doing an African continent that appeals to black Americans. I'm guessing yours had too much nuance and actual African shit in it
>>
>>92590241
Your games have wizards and party-wide invis casts? Good for you.

Mine don't.
>>
>>92590162
Which parts of Africa did you live in?
Also got a link?

>>92590653
I can only speak of my own experiences, but I think the primary differences you'd see between an african inspired cyberpunk setting versus the western inspired one are
>The poor people are really fucking poor and have all sorts of weird belief systems, but instead of living in shitty cyberpunk apartments they live in rural bumfuck nowhere and have to go into the city everyday to work
>Maiming someone who breaks into your home is a heroic thing to do
>The rich people secretly still have some of those belief systems the poor have, but hide it to avoid embarrassing themselves in front of other rich people
>A lot more motorcycles
>>
>>92590241
Sounds like it's just encouraging creative problem solving instead of meatgrinder approaches to problems. Invisible allys arent guranteed success on stealth anyway.
>>
>>92590720
That's some serious projection there. I'm sorry your tiefling psychic bard homebrew character from DanDwiki got rejected during the application phase.
>>
>>92591244
I'm not. I woukd fucking HATE to be stuck in a party with that shit. Or the kind of fagot who has to resort to the "mudcore" strawman, as the snowflake drama club kids always do.
>>
>>92588103
>>92588116
I get what you're trying to do, but it's a super gay and incel way to do it right--strength limitations based on height. And you have to roll for height. No picking your height. And your roll has to follow the height standard deviation distributions of your time period.

It covers all the faggot gay stuff incels complain about it without pampering their baby asses. in b4 some angry manlet gets angry at their genetics.
>>
>>92591263
Nta but he seemed on the money and I dont believe you, people who bitch endlessly about modestly designed characters who commit to higher rp and actually attempting to create a character who engages with the race choices of the setting (problematic) seems to piss you off because you ARE the snowflake thatd get bullied, since youre identifying with them over 'mudcore paladin' which is intrinsically bad for reasons you dont get into.
>>
>>92591264
Height has less correlation to strength than sex, your idea fucks over dwarves because theyre wide and dense, meant to be stronger than humans
>>
>>92591334
IRL a short person can never be as strong as a taller person. It's just biological facts. All the world record holders are 6 ft and above (usually far above)
>>
>>92591362
>it's just biological facts
Why do people who say this never know what biology or facts are
>>
>>92591374
Name one current world record lifter who isn't taller than 6 ft.
>>
>>92590162
This is why black civs in fantasy mostly use Arabic or Egyptian cultures as a proxy
>>
>>92591188
Botswana?
>>
>>92591387
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tian_Tao
>>
>>92591387
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Dayin
Did you even google what you said before you typed it
>>
>>92591264
>>92591334
Strength has a massive amount of variability based on more than just height, and certain features may help you in some categories and harm you in others. To my knowledge world record bench press is held by Jimmy Kolb at 1401lbs, who is 5'9". This should go double for fantasy settings with races like dwarves that presumably have superior muscle fiber or more efficient structures than humans. It's a long video but I remember this video containing in depth examples of certain genetic features that may make you significantly better at certain lifts while harming others.
https://youtu.be/tXW1jMboY-k?si=RiRYCATV8jWCTz5m
>>
>>92589064
>inferior in all ways
Not all ways.
Men have bonuses on Str, Dex, Con
Women have bonuses on Cha, Wis

Their chosen skills will then be optimised to their ability scores: men tend to Intimidate (Str) and women tend to Persuade (Cha+Wis)

Unless your adventure is pure dungeon crawl or pure intrigues, there shouldn't be a problem
>>
>>92591308
>NTA
There is no bigger giveaway that you ARE that Anon and still butthurt.
>>
File: IMG_0627.jpg (193 KB, 1024x1024)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
I’d say women should be better at magic than men to account for men being stronger than women, but this is absolutely retarded when magic has far more explosive implications than just muscles alone, and the old bearded sage, or the stereotypical wizard, is one of the biggest staples of magic and fantasy ever, anywhere.
>>
>>92591532
>Men have bonuses on Str, Dex, Con
Shouldn't women have a bonus on con? They are more sturdy.
>>
>>92591667
I thought the biochemistry said women are only more tough/enduring when taken to absolutely extreme measures, like if a man and woman had to run 200 miles, the woman would be marginally better at it.
>>
>>92591688
Could be. I do know women live longer on average. Not sure if they can take more physical abuse, though preganacy makes a pretty good case for it.
>>
>>92590162
That sounds based anon, ignore the retards, and make a thread about your stuff if possible, I'd love to know more
>>
>>92591401
We'd love to hear more, Botswananon. I need some -new- and -real- reading in my life.
>>
>>92590162
We used to have a long running African mythology general years ago. Post your ideas.
>>
>>92589064
>I want to have weaker women but making them objectively inferior in all ways just feels wrong
But they aren't inferior. They can have children. All this rationalizing around Str and Cha bonuses and penalties is just us grappling with the consequences of treating childbirth as anything less than the God-given miracle that it is, the sine qua non of life and civilization, and the centerpiece of the greatest heroic motivations and the most devastating tragedies. Give men +4 to every stat and we're still less than a giver of life.

Not that you can't make it work. A male human fighter in his 20s is out making his fortune at the risk of his life. A female human fighter in her 20s is competing from a position of objective inferiority even as she has abandoned the one thing that makes her more precious than any man. The tragedy practically writes itself, and if you don't believe me, ask any 30-something woman in a serious profession after a failed round of IVF.
>>
>>92589064
Mechanically speaking, there are ways to do it. An easy example would be to have a Strength cap rather than an initial Strength penalty. A male warrior might be able to get to 20 Strength while a female warrior would be capped at 16, but if both of them are still able to start at 15 it won't make a major difference in the short term, and instead just requires a female warrior to specialize in a different direction.

Another option would be giving them sidegrades or other boosts elsewhere. That could be magic, it could be extra skills, or extra abilities/features.
One thing I saw in a previous thread on the topic was somebody who gave women better lower body strength than upper body strength, but mechanically speaking that only really affects the use of weapons and climbing, while other tasks like running or jumping women would excel at. That would be something that would be addressed by specific penalties and bonuses to certain skills, rather than raw stats. Worse at using a longbow, better jump distance, etc.

Wargames it's even easier to justify like you said, since point values are a thing.
>>
>>92588103
No African inspired civilizations exist except for Egyptians, and Native American inspired civilizations practice blood sacrifices of humanoids
>>
>>92588103
That's not incorrect, it's just not necessary in a game set in a fictional world.
>>
>>92593219
>it's just not necessary in a game set in a fictional world.
Nothing in a game set in a fictional world is necessary.
>>
>>92588103
Blackface works as a disguise against races that are not black and works especially well against fat white female npcs, who are more likely to hit on the player.

I'm working on a setting that parodies inclusivity tropes for comedic fodder and utilized quite a lot of resource management and exploitation opportunities for rogue characters.
>>
>>92590162
I've only got a snapshot of a tiny corner of Africa after spending half a year there, but if I extrapolated on what I saw I could make a setting so dreary and doomed that I'd make Dark Souls look like Mario
>>
File: Mumra.png (1.47 MB, 825x1075)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>92588103
Anyone who wishes to practice sorcery on a real meaningful level must sacrifice something important to the core of his or her being. Age is a common sacrifice regardless of sex, with men often giving up connections to community and family for power, where as women often give up beauty. A sorceress who is both young and beautiful is likely baren.
>>
>>92594274
>The problem is that even this is fictitious
Of course it's fictitious. That anon desired to have objectively weaker women, but didn't want them objectively inferior in all ways.
The solution of giving women better lower body strength was explicitly a fantastical one.

Beyond that though, RPGs have already done a lot in order to allow characters who should be objectively weaker to still function within the game. A Halfling Rogue stabbing somebody with a dagger shouldn't really be any more dangerous than a child doing so, but instead it's allowed to deal just as much damage as a grown man swinging a greatsword, if not more.
There are plenty of mechanical ways to address this, and that's before you get into outright fantastical solutions.

Acknowledging that adventurers are heroic and that all of them are outliers is one solution, but it isn't the only solution. Especially if one specifically desires to give women some sort of downside related to Strength in order to capture a specific sort of fantasy.
All it requires is not being allergic to mechanical discussion surrounding the idea of bonuses and penalties based upon a character's sex. Instead of throwing up your hands and declaring that it cannot be done, consider what characters you are trying to avoid, what you're trying to encourage, and design the game accordingly.
>>
Elves are meant to be monotheists and yet normies expect polytheism in fantasy games.
>>
>>92590110
>full generation of the dungeon
Not sure what you mean by this. Other ones make sense and I see how you got there.
Seems like if you were doing xp for treasure it would end up working out via defeating the dungeon's lead enemy and/or mapping at least half of it.
>>
File: zeromanse.png (434 KB, 600x600)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
>>92590261
>themanse
That's a name I haven't heard in a long time.
>>
>>92591532
>>92591688
women do not get a bonus to wis, but they would get an endurance feat if they have con higher than 10, and bonuses to climbing distances greater than their regular movement speed, since wider hips help foot positions and stability
>>
>>92588103
IGOUGO is not necessarily the death of a wargame.
>>
>>92589595

I will now play your game, fellow man of culture
>>
>>92590162
Go to bed Elon.
>>
>>92588103
>strength limitations based on sex
>other limitations based on sex
I used to think that this was a good idea, but then I realized that stats for player characters aren't supposed to represent the average for either gender, and having Beefija Porterhousdottr, Valkyrie of Thorr, be 19 str because that's what she built her character for is fine.

It'd be pretty douchey to gotcha someone when they present you with their character sheet, saying, "Oops, gotta subtract -4 from that ST score, gaylord! Maybe don't play a woman next time!"

>Also, my "incorrect" game idea is that a lot of games would be a lot better if they either converted everything into d6es or d100s.
>>
>>92600570
Beefja is weaker than Lazy Joe the fat dirt farmer.
>>
>>92600646
Incorrect, because by the mechanics of the game, she is somehow so upper percentile that she mogs anyone below her ST/R score. Learn to adapt mechanics to your world, rather than the other way around. It's much more fun for your players. She's so herculean that she astounds men and women alike with her strength.

Wait, you are thinking about your players, right? You do have a group, right? And a game? You wouldn't go on here, the traditional games board, without a game or group, only to complain about women that are as physically strong as men with the exact same stats, right?
>>
File: gigachad.png (160 KB, 640x737)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>92588103
I prefer to do the opposite and set sex limitations based on strength. In my games the women will never fuck your character unless their str score is in the top 95th percentile.

It is important to remind nerds that they ain't getting any even in a fictional world.
>>
File: ganon.png (503 KB, 730x802)
503 KB
503 KB PNG
>>92588103
Weapons/abilities change properties based on alignment.

for example fire sword good allows you to scorch a single point, while fire sword evil let's you burn everything in the area indiscriminately etc..
>>
>>92589757
>humans neutral to all freakshit.
>>
>>92600646
This.
>>
>>92592310
This is a weird cope when women can't have children, without men.
Being the broodmare instead of the stallion doesn't really hold any hint of spiritual significance either, insofar as every functioning culture is concerned. The only real importance it holds is the practical one of procreation for prolonging one's own group.
>>
>>92588103
I believe firmly that players should not understand the level-up system in any game they play.
>>
>>92600707
>she is somehow so upper percentile
Do you know what upper percentiles mean? They're inherently based on the average of the bell curve.
A halfling with 20 strength being the absolute peak of fitness for a halfling means that an orc with 20 strength simply isn't actually that impressive as far as orcs go. It's still above average, but not to the same one-in-a-million degree.
>>
>>92588211
I do this one too. I like the implication that there is a larger continent, but the island range is like the far extent of their sphere. So there's an equivalent of the silk road called The Ivory Coast (my players are American they don't know) that can be followed to eventually reach their little archipelago, which is Disneyland for Merchants, where you can buy ivory and cool animal pelts and exotic woods and such.
>>
>>92601395
IHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOU
>>
>>92591642
Why can't your magical realm just be werid sex shit like a normal person
>>
>>92589916
Every setting must have africa. Don't care if it's in space, or plane of fire fantasy or whatever. Gotta put africa in there.
>>
>>92601395
It mitigates some aspects of metagaming, but it feels like a half-measure, less than that, barely a quarter-measure. Either all game mechanics should be obscured, or none of them.
>>
>>92589064
Isn't there something inherently gay about this women in men's military equipment stuff? I always see shit like this and anime girls with like modern us equipment or dressed as a ww2 soldier I just think it's a bit gay. Those are mens clothes they're wearing. Kind of like drag I guess
>>
>>92600731
>In my games the women will never fuck your character unless their str score is in the top 95th percentile.
By way of your poor grammer, my character can only get it from tomboy amazons. Awesome.
>>
>>92603915
>Isn't there something inherently gay about this women in men's military equipment stuff?
Inherently gay is when you go around SF dressed in crotchless pants and wrapped in a rainbow flag, Anon. Stop trying to inflict your current retarded worldview on other time periods or alternate settings.
>>
File: IMG-20240424-WA0018.jpg (257 KB, 775x766)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
I really enjoy NEVER answering a player. I only describe consequences of well stated actions.

For instance, if you want to know if you can find potions in the village, I need you to DO something that could grant you that information. Ask a traveller (and that could require some Insight checks), cast a divination spell, or simply going there and spend some time looking.

I really hate when players ask what would happen if they did X, or brainstorm as if the game was paused, or text my ex.

The whole point of this game, more than any other, is try things and see what happens. Even "win" is a pointless thing. The curiosity is everything.
>>
>>92604521
...I ought to try this. Thanks Anon.
>>
>>92588103
I enjoy racial essentialism as a concept. For instance, one PC - a half-elf - tried to use an elf-only sword. Didn't work for him, because he's only half an elf. His blood is 'tainted' due to his humanity, but anti-elf ammunition is also less effective on him.
Same for orcs, everyone hates half-orcs because they're rape babies. The idea of fucking an orc is so repugnant, a woman would consider beastiality first.
>>
>>92591532
Except men have higher Cha and Wis then women on average.
>>
>>92604521
>rich description and engaging with the fiction is encouraged
>insight checks
lmao no
Funny about when I txt your ex though.
>>
>>92604370
Nah I just think it's weird wanting to see women dressed as men. Kinda gay. Like whats wrong with women in women's clothing? Why they got to dress up as men?
>>
>>92604521
This is a joke, right? Because the difference between
>Is there a potions shop?
and
>I look around to see if there's a potions shop.
is autism.

>>92607524
>anti-elf ammunition
I like how you think.

>>92607705
>Except men have higher Cha and Wis then women on average.
Wis is entirely debatable, so I'm not going to argue, but the entire evolutionary strategy of women revolves around social manipulation. While men are certainly superior in projecting authority, women abuse their Charisma continuously and unthinkingly as part of everything they do, all the time.

If there's even a single core attribute/characteristics in which females are inherently superior to males (on average), it's Charisma.

>>92591667
Women are absolutely not more sturdy than man, unless you're ESL and "sturdy" means something that's objectively wrong to you. What women have in terms of Con would be a slightly higher resistance to certain toxins (by body weight, which will be offset), a higher sensitivity to detecting toxins/off flavors, and a higher pain threshold, but pretty much all of this is related to either being being pregnant and/or having given birth, and when was the last time you saw a mother-adventurer multiclass?

Women are generally more "bendy" than men, though, which is usually part of what is covered by Dexterity or Agility, so I generally favor the +Dex/Agi and +Cha/Bea/Etc. combo for (human) females.

But I really think that there should be a difference in gender dimophism depending on race/species.

>>92600570
If you're explicitly playing a capeshit game, then yeah, you're not wrong.
>>
>>92608549
>f there's even a single core attribute/characteristics in which females are inherently superior to males (on average), it's Charisma.
For it to be accurate, every male character would have to roll and there's a 50/50 chance they would have to take a -6 penalty to int and wisdom. Going by every IQ study known to man, anyhow.

Otherwise, I think giving women higher wisdom makes sense since they are significantly more emotional stable and less willing to due stupid shit. Going by crime stats and the like.

>but pretty much all of this is related to either being being pregnant and/or having given birth,
Like I said, they also seem to live longer. Though I don't remember if that is entirely due to biology.
>>
>>92607705
>Except men have higher Cha and Wis then women on average.
>Wis
How? Serious question, how? Men dominate crime, are significantly more emotionally unstable, prone to self destruction, and generally more inclined to abuse their bodies and minds.
>>
>>92607705
No gender that generationally reinvents pissing on an electrical fence as a form of recreation gets a bonus to Wisdom.
>>
File: IQ.png (72 KB, 525x300)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>92608645
Having men roll 1d20 while women roll 3d6 or something along those lines would probably be more representative.

Maybe 1d12+6 and 2d6+6.
>>
>>92608671
Giving men and women different rolls would probably be the best way to go about it if you were serious about actually trying to represent gender differences. Trying to do this in a point buy system is pretty pointless even if you have very harsh caps.
>>
>>92601395
How could you possibly do that without not letting them know what the rules are?
>>
>want to enjoy play pretend
>nooo you must adhere to irl limitations
Why are chuds like this
>>
>>92608915
NTA, and I despite chuds and wish them all tortured to death, but if you want to go for a hard realistic game I could see it being valid. Like doing a horror campaign or something.
>>
>>92609116
Only if the guys get scores related to the number of female player characters that survived. So we can have situations where the fem PCs might run away and the players (audience) get frustrated when they do something stupid when they should have been more defensive or some such while the males are doing their own stupid things in their defense.

Bonus points if girls can rescind their points if the guys are rude to them to encourage more role play. But will mean the guys will stop trying to protect them.
>>
>>92591188
>an african inspired cyberpunk
All of that sounds cool as fuck
>>
>>92601395
holy based
>>
>>92588103
IGOUGO - with or without Reaction-type mechanics - is better than Alternating Activation for wargames, and the only people who disagree are ADHDzoomzoomfags who hate having to plan and execute tactics and want to randomise everything(for draw-based/random play order), or the most rancid of tournament-worshipping WAACoid cheesebeards who love the idea of the whole game being decided before the game has even begun(for bidding/turn-zero approaches).

Related but distinct: people who dismiss things because they're no longer fashionable and laud things simply because they are should be killed. Not loljk, not in Minecraft, they should be brutally, painfully, and publicly murdered for realsies IRL. I favour "the ouroboros" which comprises having their intestines ripped out through their anus and fed down into their lungs, then their abdomen mechanically palpitated until they drown in their own shit.
>>
>>92608915
>play pretend
But we don't want to do that, we want to play a game. Actual literal children begin the process of abandoning purely imaginative play in favour of rules-based systems by five years old, and by eight or nine a child without developmental disabilities will favour structured rules-based play almost exclusively, relegating imagination to its proper use as a tool rather than a goal in and of itself.

If you really want to push the idea that your side are child-like and juvenile while chuds are adult and well-ordered feel free, but I doubt you'll enjoy the result of that.
>>
>>92610724
Chess has alternating activations. IGOUGO is literally an artifact of ADND that has carried over into warhammer and remained thanks to GW mill rats like you
>>
>>92589757
>racism chart
I hope you're being hyperbolically post-meta-ironic with this comment and you aren't a genuine fuck-stupid retard.
>>
>>92610770
>But we don't want to do that, we want to play a game.
It's a pretend game in a pretend world with pretend rules that someone made up.
>Actual literal children begin the process of abandoning purely imaginative play in favour of rules-based systems by five years old
And they grow up to become soulless husks working a dead-end 9-5 office job or are psychopaths and thus mentally ill and belong in an asylum so they can't hurt other people. But you're retarded and think that pretend elf games don't have rules and have you playing pretend which is a retarded false dichotomy spouted by subhuman retards like (you) and your lefty/pol/ boyfriend here >>92608915 .
>by eight or nine a child without developmental disabilities will favour structured rules-based play almost exclusively
Citation fucking needed, because the inability to imagine things is literally called aphantasia which is a mental disability.
>relegating imagination to its proper use as a tool rather than a goal in and of itself.
Except for people who create art, which I know you think has no value but that's because you're retarded as we've established. Art is the ultimate form of human expression, because we're smart enough to do things other than just follow rigid guidelines, and if you aren't then you're a literal retard. If you can't think outside the box, then you deserve to be imprisoned inside of it like the plebeian you are.
>If you really want to push the idea that your side are child-like and juvenile while chuds are adult and well-ordered feel free, but I doubt you'll enjoy the result of that.
Both of you act like literal children, viewing the world in black and white and being told what to think by other people rather than using your imagination and brainpower to realize that you're being played by the 1% against each other so that the corrupt governments of the world can stay in power.

TLDR, you don't play traditional games, neither of you, and you should both kill yourselves
>>
>>92608645
>looks at chess champions
>looks at business champions
>looks at arts champions
Ahhh femoid you need to recalibrate your expectations. I think a realistic comprimise is maybe give them 4 more build points and cap all of their stats at 13 or the +1 equivalent.
>>
>>92590326
I would love to run the end of an age, heavily inspired by Dark Souls 3
>>
>>92610901
My issue is not the top, it's most men.
>>
>>92589001
women should be limited to ten strength and are forbidden from being adventurers or doing anything dangerous. their place is in the home.
>>
>>92589064
low T beta s0i cuck simp incel bluepill virgin flouride NPC
>>
I find Charisma to be an interesting one, because psychological studies keep finding women to have a much higher rate of psychopathy than men do, and if you go by works such as The Manipulated Man, you have professionals explaining that women having completely gamed the system to give themselves an elevated status while claiming to be the underdog is acknowledged as something women just do.

Is that a sign of +Charisma due to being able to manipulate people so well. Or -Charisma for being psychopaths.
>>
>>92590110
then why not play a video game?
>>
>>92590326
knell.
>>
>>92590720
so anon is based as fuck then
>>
>>92591126
You think you have any say at all in the matter, lol
>>
>>92591308
"higher rp"
lmao
>>
>>92591700
women live longer because they're not considered disposable.
>>
>>92600646
No she isn't.
>>
>>92589780
OTOH, why are they exceptional? Being male or female doesn't really matter if it's the son of Hercules and the daughter of Poseidon that are arm wrestling.
>>
>>92608915
you will play correctly or be killed.
>>
>>92610724
you're welcome to try, pussy :)
>>
>>92611174
Hercules is stronger because he's male.
>>
>>92591362
>IRL a short person can never be as strong as a taller person.
???
As a 6'3 140lb guy, I think there are plenty of short people stronger than me.
>>
What I don't get is the tourist's habit of pretending that having some reactionary opinion makes them a martyr for contrarianism instead of a patsy.
>>
>>92611360
Your potential is much higher than some 5'7" manlet. Just start drinking gallons of milk and you'll make sweet gainz Mr. Skeltal
>>
>>92611372
Being reactionary is good, retard.
>>
>>92608645
>For it to be accurate, every male character would have to roll and there's a 50/50 chance they would have to take a -6 penalty to int and wisdom.
Tell me more about how you don't understand averages and statistics. Nevermind that men occupy both the peaks and valleys of Intelligence, yet come out on top, and that Wisdom has nothing to do with it.
>giving women higher wisdom
>significantly more emotional stable
Tell me more about how you've never met or interacted with a single woman in your life.
>Going by crime stats
Tell me more about your survivorship bias and how you don't see how potentially dangerous lapses in judgement is punished while the same lapses exhibited by spmething judged to be harmless is not.

You're retarded.
>>
>>92611070
Psychopaths can have very high Charisma. Charisma is no empathy. Charisma is your ability to project your persona and/or your will onto others, as well as socially or emotionally manipulate others, whether you do so consciously or unconsciously.

Whether you subscribe to "women are social animals due to evolution and do this without thinking about it" or "women are generally psychopathic or have more psychopaths in general and generally use this to their advantage" is irrelevant, the outcome is the same; women should, if anything, have a bonus to Charisma.

It is arguably the only attribute or core characteristic that should be virtually non-negotiable in their favor, regardless of how many Karen memes try to poison the well. The exceptions stand out precisely because they don't conform to the mold.
>>
>>92588103
All my starting races are inherently unbalanced.

Like I straight up have a "best strength" "best magic" etc races
>>
>>92612499
>more options in a tabletop is never a problem
Not necessarily. Unless you're specifically going for kitchen sink fantasy, then at a certain point having more playable races in the game will cause the setting to be more messy and require you to account for where they all come from and how they function in a cosmopolitan setting.

Having the option to play as more monstrous races can work, but it kind of falls flat when those races aren't actually significantly different from humans. Far to many people pick outlandish races and then roleplay them as a totally ordinary person with ordinary concerns.
But instead it's gone in the opposite direction. Rather than giving Tieflings some actual aspects to play up their cursed existence and prejudice, they just get treated as humans with a silly hat. As few differences as possible rather than actually trying to encourage people to roleplay as a fantastical species.
>>
>>92611577
Being reactionary means you don't have thoughts of your own, by definition. You react spasmodically to signals. It is the habit of idiots and slaves.
>>
>>92612271
While your hypotheticals are true, women aren't charismatic. Men are just simps. Women shouldn't have any stat bonuses, only penalties. If anything, men should have to make a willpower test to not just lie down flat and do whatever women tell them, or jump in to sacrifice themselves if women are attacked, even symbolically.
>>
>>92600833
People are generally amenable to other people when they're not threatened by something. Humans are the de facto power of every setting.
>>
>>92588211
There is literally nothing wrong with this idea.
>>
File: EO4Bushi.png (161 KB, 427x649)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
I use exploration turn tracking, reaction tables, and morale rules in non-OSR games and they're more fun and dynamic for it.
I run solely anthropomorphic settings, and if a setting is non-anthropomorphic I will modify it to be as such.
>>
>>92589635
Redditor
>>
>>92613047
>I use exploration turn tracking, reaction tables, and morale rules in non-OSR games and they're more fun and dynamic for it.
that's not "incorrect game ideas".
>>
>>92612934
No, that is a term that the communists invented when people defend themselves against their tyranny.8w2rp
>>
>>92613080
Not according to the OSR general. Procedures must stay in the correct OSR games (which change daily) or else FOEGYG.
>>
>>92608342
>Are these manlets in the room with us right now?
I wouldn't know I can't see them down there
>>
>>92613080
>that's not "incorrect game ideas".
None of this shit is and those quotes are a fig leaf to cover up the circle jerk behind.
>>
>>92609525
Here's an example IRL story that you can use for a variety of campaigns.
People in one of the villages are getting burgled.
The burglars always seem to know when someone has something new or just got paid, and always strike right after.
So one man in the village, an old timer nicknamed Shérif, due to a combination of his attitude, and many years ago assembling a posse when the village needed to be defended from some hostile youths from the city, pulled some money out of his secret funds and went to town with it.
He casually flashed cash and spent money, while showing he had more to spend every time.
He then went home, went about his usual day, but instead of going to bed for the night, he turned off all of the lights, then went back downstairs and sat in one of the chairs in his living room.
As if on cue, a man carefully picked the lock on his door, and then said lock pick and his partner in crime came into the house.
Shérif had his machete.
One of the would-be burglars lost an arm, in one version of the story he lost it in the house, in another version he lost it because the doctor couldn't save it from how the cut was done and the police weren't going to drive him all the way to a hospital.
The other would-be burglar fled, but was easily tracked down because he pissed himself, and tracking dogs followed the scent.
The village was better off for it, two burglars were arrested to have who knows what done with them, and for Shérif it was just another day.

Shérif is also a bit of an odd man because he has quite a bit of access to cash, and a big family.
Last I heard about him he declared hospitals are bullshit and took a trip out to the bush to talk with pygmies he befriended ages ago.
They gave him special nuts and seeds which he eats to treat his cancer with.

Though it has been a long time since I've been there or heard about him.
>>
>>92608653
>Le human sacrifice communist
You love to see it in the wild
>>
>>92610820
Seething
>>
>>92613093
The first 10 years of dnd.
>six words so much seething.
>>
>>92611022
My issue isn't you it's all women.
>most men
If you move off a percentile you have to move the ladies line too dumbass. so even if you somehow have more 'only mostly retarded' instead of 'complete retards' for men it doesn't change the fact that the ability to give birth to life will always outvalue whatever else you think you're contributing.
>>
File: IMG-20240425-WA0026.jpg (43 KB, 526x577)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>92608549

"Is there a potion shop?" is you asking the DM directly (and probably waiting for him to give you what you need). Entitlement. Negotiating with the DM. Being yourself. Not immersive!

"I look around to see if there's a potion shop."
This is your character engaging with the world. You may or may not find what you're looking for, but adventure will find you. Its diegetic! Its pure roleplay! Full immersion.
>>
>>92613093
I maintain you can have an old school game with GURPS as long as you keep to time tracking, etc. OSR is more about procedures than rules.
Yes I'm a heretic. No I don't care.
>>
>>92591629
Not many women would isolate themselves to study shit alone from society.
Even if women had the magical potential their biology prevents them from using it.
>>
>>92608645
>I think giving women are significantly more emotional stable
Lmao. A good chunk of dealing with women is balancing on the paper thin line of keeping them happy and avoiding a meltdown or a bitch fit. Your lot are about as emotionally table as a toddler, on average.
>inb4 "hurry durr u incel chud don't know women
I'm a carer for my mother, my main jobs boss is female, I've known more women (work or friends) in my time than I have men. There are few truly emotionally stable women out there. I would say no more than 8% of the female population.
>>
>>92591629
>>92619366
Sounds like the setup for an incel power fantasy plot. Women are naturally stronger mages but men can, through great effort, surpass them.
>>
>>92613252
You are right, that could straight be ported as a cyberpunk story.
Dumb question but, if I run that scenario the players are going to ask it for sure:
Aren't there actual authorities, that the villagers could call to?
I would assume the burglars were some locals, wouldn't word of mouth (or just seeing them with fancy new stuff suddenly) be enough for the villagers to know who was doing the burglary?
>>
>>92619889
>Actual authorities
Yes, but much like you see in much of the rural US you either have corrupt local cops or the "local" cops are at least 30 minutes away, and that's assuming they can be fucked to show up at all.
Though a bit more extreme, as in this case the cops often don't come out unless there's serious money involved or they're particularly bored.
We're also talking an area, that up until relatively recently, regularly had the power go out at night because the power plants didn't have enough qualified people to keep them running 24/7 and the ones they did have don't want to do night shifts where most people don't use power or use significantly less anyway.
So pretty fucking rural, and the cops of the nearest town mostly serve as a jailhouse while deferring things to the cops of the nearby city which was even further.

>Locals
They actually were from several villages over, which doesn't sound far, but consider we're talking one of the biggest countries in Africa, in an area where, at least during my time there, kids were expected to walk about 5-6 miles to school, and then walk it again to get back home.
So the distances are big, and some small village in the middle of nowhere wasn't going to have loads of communications to this village.

From what I've been told this would be less of an issue now because everyone has cell phones, and since the cell towers are in areas that are powered, even when some villages lose power they can still communicate via cell phone, assuming they remembered to charge it during the day, leading to whatsapp and facebook being the primary ways to know what's going on.

So presumably in today's age yeah, they'd know because some pics would be up on facebook and people would talk about it.
>>
>>92608915
>no, you don't understand, I MUST own the libs even when I get together with bros to roll dice and have fun
>>
>>92611231
Hercules is a demi-god and his offspring is therefore only a quarter-god, while the daughter of Poseidon, a full-blooded god, is a half-god. 1/2 > 1/4, seethe and cope
>>
>>92620761
but women are less than half as strong as men so being twice as much god isn't enough
>>
>>92589001
Based heroic cheesecake enjoyer
>>
>>92620790
>implying godly powers scale proportionally with human strength
>>
>>92620897
proportional to arm circumference.

So unless Herc's son is one of those greek twinks or Poseidon's daughter is a cyclops then the boy is likely stronger.
>>
>>92620966
>proportional to arm circumference
And I say it's proportional to hair length instead, since we're making shit up as we go anyway
1/2 god > 1/4 god, no matter how you slice it having 1/4 human part instead of godly part is detrimental enough to make the quarter god considerably weaker since the power gap between an olympian and a man is unimaginably more vast than the power gap between a man and a woman.
>>
>>92621155
The difference in strength between a human and a god isn't being disputed. More what you would consider the difference in strength between a god and a goddess.

If a god is more than twice as physically strong as a goddess then the boy would win.
>>
>>92591629
>>92619366
In many mythologies, magic is a strictly female ability. At least some forms of it.
In some Nordic legends, Odin had to use tricks to be able to access it, for example.
And... I mean... ever heard of witches?
Wizards as described in D&D, using INT, are closer to historical alchemists, proto scientists of some sort.
But witches are closer to the Ur magic user archetype.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1712762390903.jpg (198 KB, 1080x1333)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>92622098
I don't know why I bother arguing with the one or two freak ITT who's hell bent on thinking men are so much superior to women that you can't have female PCs unless it's a game taking place in a kitchen.
Myths and, yeah, also history, is full of individuals who overcame their conditions to become more than what they were destined to and, yeah, that includes women who went on to live violent adventures and triumphed.
Tapping into these kinds of archetypes is fun and exciting and you would be dumb to want to refuse that because of muh statistics.
Plus, yeah, it is possible to get female players at your table (and by that I mean XX chromosomes female players). I even routinely get half a table of female players, it's perfectly possible. If you either force them to get strictly inferior characters, or to play male characters, you are not going to get very far with your group.
It's fine to give a little sex-based bonus here or there, but mostly if you just let them choose their own character after telling them about the world, they will usually come up with stuff that doesn't tonally mismatch with what you are going for.
I'm not sure why I bother writing all of that, it's not like you need advices for your game or anything.
>>
File: sweet liberty.png (210 KB, 600x600)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>92588103
Flashing tits stuns for 1d4 rounds if they don't pass a save.
>>
>>92622280
unironically when I was in high school running 3.0 D&D, a friend played a "half nymph" that I homebrewed for him and flashing people to blind them was the character's shtick.
>>
File: 1713823740665484m.jpg (68 KB, 699x1024)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>92588103
chocolate elves with tiddies
>>
>>92588211
I think that's a perfectly reasonable way to include black people without having to go through the effort of making an African-continent analogue.
>>
>>92590653
One story I went over in a class was the most cyberpunk thing I've ever seen in my life.

Anyway it's one of the small countries in West Africa, where they set up a charity program where you'd donate your old computers to get sent to small African countries so they could get access to computers and hopefully cultivate a tech-savvy generation that could then spur more development in their home countries. And that happened to an extent. WHAT ALSO HAPPENED was the creation of huge secondary markets based on getting the wests trash-electronics. One of the big one is breaking apart the computers for the valuable microchips in them and selling those, often just burning the plastics right off making toxic fumes for the workers (often small kids) to then salvage the gold and sell that, sometimes repurposed as jewelry. THE OTHER- is having an open air bazaar where they resell hard-drives that have peoples data on it for people to steal their identities. Stuff like phone-numbers, credit-card info they can mine, but also mundane info to build a profile around like vacation photo's and internet history. This even extended to they found hard-drives that had been in use by the CIA that had weapons schematics from Raytheon or someone that they had 'wiped' but were able to be recovered. And this was found by a college class going to the market and doing like only a couple hours of looking.

So yeah- picture an old bazaar but there's just a bunch of old 00's computers and hard-drives around with black guys offering you the ability to steal the identity of an old white mom in her 40's from minnesota. Shit's wild, the future is now.
>>
>>92591629
Women have a monopoly on white magic because the gods are sexist. But black magic is unisex.
>>
>>92588103
where the hell is the game mechanics general thread?
>>
>>92622098
Norse (Germanic) mythology/theology has like 7 types of magic. Only one of them was attributed to being female only, and that was by Loki, a lying snake. There are other findings that suggest that men could practice them too, just that it was less common.
>>
>>92619402
>A good chunk of dealing with women is balancing on the paper thin line of keeping them happy and avoiding a meltdown or a bitch fit
A good chunk of dealing with men is keeping them from blowing up a school.

>Your lot are about as emotionally table as a toddler, on average.
I agree.

I am a male.
>>
>>92612201
>Tell me more about how you don't understand averages and statistics.
I do.

>yet come out on top
No, not at all. At best it would balance out to simply being the exact same anyway. Like I Said, it's more fitting to just roll a dice to see if your male character is sapient or not.

>Tell me more about how you've never met or interacted with a single woman in your life.
Tell me more about how you never interacted with a single male in your life.

>Tell me more about your survivorship bias
How the fuck does that apply to crime stats? Hell, even accounting for a hypothetical bias men still dominate to such a extent it's not even funny.
>>
>>92614333
>If you move off a percentile you have to move the ladies line too dumbass
No, that is the key difference between men and women. Dumb men are basically non sapient, dumb women are average.
>>
>>92623406
It's hilarious white people think blacks are dumb when even the most poorly uneducated African knows more about computers than them.
>>
>>92623406
Holy shit that's amazing.
Crap, now the issue is that there is nothing sci-fi you could add to that to make it more cyberpunk. It's already perfect.
>>
>>92627653
>>92625940
Now do India
>>
>>92623413
I mean, if it's a creationist setting then that means the gods gave men superior strength to females. Hardly sexist. Just the gods giving each group a thing.
>>
>>92590001
>Fantasy Caribbean

Have you seen Pirate Borg? That shit be tight, yo.
>>
>>92623406
He asked about your fantasy world not about world economies.
>>
>>92591667
>>92591688
Hello, I am an exthpert on this subject.

Ackshewally, the differences between male and female constitution in humans is much more complicated, and depends heavily on how you're trying to apply it. Men are obviously more massive and have denser muscle fiber and thicker knit skin than women, giving them more inherent resistance to blows; even the existence of facial hair is now thought to be an adaptation to cushion blows to the face against a man's primary competitor (another man).

In terms of stamina, males also have an advantage in general due to more aggressively proportioned upper torso mass, translating to higher lung capacity and thus more efficient transfer of atmospheric oxygen into the bloodstream and muscles. Women also suffer from an unfortunate Q-angle due to the specialization of their pelvis for childbirth, which causes increased strain under sustained travel such as forced marches.

It's not all bad for women, though. While men heal much faster than women, women heal much more completely. The same injury causes less scarring (permanent damage) to a female relative to a male. There's also a significant difference in our immune systems with a similar tradeoff. Male immune systems are far more aggressive, operating at a higher tempo, which gives men a bonus against bacterial or fungal infection. But a virus uses a body's own immune cells against it, turning that tempo against a man. You hear about this in the form of "Man Flu", where a male will catch the same cold a nearby female had and seem to suffer much worse symptoms for it.

tl;dr Men overall have a strong Constitution advantage over women in general, but women have a variety of specialty cases they're adapted for where they come out on top. In D&D terms, men would have higher general Con, sustain effort longer, and regenerate health faster, but have a penalty on saves vs viruses. Women have worse Con but convert some ability drain into recoverable ability damage.
>>
>>92589595
Humans with dark skin and Caucasian features are the master race
>>
>>92629393
>Male immune systems are far more aggressive, operating at a higher tempo, which gives men a bonus against bacterial or fungal infection. But a virus uses a body's own immune cells against it, turning that tempo against a man. You hear about this in the form of "Man Flu", where a male will catch the same cold a nearby female had and seem to suffer much worse symptoms for it.
Where can I read more about this? It's very interesting.
>>
File: 1554346339766.jpg (65 KB, 700x582)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>92588103

Elves exist only as fodder for war crimes, unconsensual intercoarse and slavey (sexual). This is incorrect because in a correct settings all elves should be dead.
>>
>>92590162
One of the many reasons I would never put a fantasy africa in my settings, no ofense to you but your people and sjw are so insufrable than I prefer than black people don't exist in my setting to not into dumb arguments.
>>
>>92608915
Games often don't adhere to real life. Atheists are practically absent in science and yet you're expected to accept fantasy atheists doing science. The only good discovery by an atheist was memetics, and that was analogoues to the Christian discovery of genetics.
>>
>>92588103
No such thing as psionics, as I feel it makes the game too scifi. Monsters like Mindflayers instead use similar spells - sleep, charm person, esp suggestion, hold person/monster, etc at will.
>>
>>92590162
LOL. I feel bad for you rafiki.
>>
>>92611454
And many people waste their potential. You'd have to have other mechanics. If you're really trying to be realistic then you would need fighting skills. There's plenty of examples of 6'0 dudes and even shorter fucking up taller people. There's also body type difference. Not every taller person is large. Many are thinner.

You can also gang up on people. If being 7ft tall was that ideal then we would see them mog everyone. That never really happens though.
>>
>>92590162
Many such cases.
Have you tried taking it up the arse and talking about how much you love communism. I hear that if you do those things you literally cannot be called a racist.
>>
>>92623406
Lmao. That's why i don't donate my old computers. I destroy them or save the hard drives.

I've never really thought about scenarios like that, in that way, but you're right. That is cyberpunk as fuck.
>>
>>92638936
I always save the hard drives until I take the time to do a proper erase (basically wiping and writing junk and wiping a few passes).
I didn't used to but one of my neighbors moved and gave me his old computer parts and I was able to recover most of his financial data on a wiped drive, didn't use it, but did warn him to be more careful for the future.
>>
>>92596379
>>92632579
>>
>>92589001
What you describe is what a limit does, or rather, what a -2 to strength (which creates a limit) does.
>>
>>92588103
Putting strength limitations based on sex is incorrect, not in the "politically incorrect" sense, but in that it's a retarded concept when you're talking about characters who, by their nature in the adventure, are extraordinary. Rattling about muh statistics is meaningless when there is no other standard in which your character is obligated to represent the average of their demographic.
>>
>>92648068
If they're all statistical anomalies, wouldn't the men also be significantly stronger than usual?
So what you're suggesting is just giving male humans a buff instead of a limit on female humans?
>>
>>92648068
>there is no other standard in which your character is obligated to represent the average of their demographic.
That's entirely the reasoning behind things like racial ability scores. Because the strongest Orc is stronger than the strongest Halfling, even if they're both exceptional outliers for their species.
And some games also use that for things beyond just stats, like having tables or formulas to roll for your character's height, which itself would also be based on averages.

It's possible to design a game without these aspects, but it's not incorrect to design a game with them. Doubly so because not every game assumes that the characters are extraordinary adventurers or outliers by the virtue of being PCs.
>>
>>92596783
When the page of graph paper is filled as much as possible and/or there are no more open passageways, that counts as full generation.
>>
>>92611085
There aren't any that do what I want.
>>
>>92611108
I am literally the only one with any say for my games.
>>
>>92629925
You need to read about the Armenian genocide, Turk.
>>
>>92648068
> there is no other standard in which your character is obligated to represent the average of their demographic.
, he says while using 3d6 for stats because they make a nice bell curve
>>
>>92599468
something about chocolate elven is intensely erotic.
>>
Autosage?
>>
>>92662741
is 7 days on /tg/ and has been for something like a year now
¯\(°_o)/¯

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.