[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2523.png (117 KB, 511x246)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
What’s the most autistic ttrpg system? And no, don’t mention Phoenix Command. It’s not a fully featured system on it’s own but rather a combat system meant to be slotted into another game that you like to play.
>>
HYBRID
>>
>>92593771
I said autistic, not schizophrenic.
>>
File: image.png (94 KB, 189x488)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>92593723
Bump.
>>
>>92593723
>Inb4 FATAL
>>
>>92598643
Well that system is actually autistic as fuck, unlike Hybrid.
>>
>>92593723
Honestly I'd probably say PF2e. A really convoluted system which is the sequel to a system which defined itself with being the same shit that you used to have but with the serial numbers filed off, which was the third (sorta) in a series of games about wanting to pretend to be an elf fighting monsters. Hyperspecific that. And it's so full of rules, and conditionals, and modifiers, and suggested solutions to mundane problems, and there's a class package for fucking everything from alchemist to zoroastrian scholar, and they all have perks, and abilities, and modifiers to the previous rules, and conditional moves, and synergies...

And all of this shit is entirely in service of intentionally complicating "rolling to hit, rolling damage, the monster is defeated, here's a gem". You could resolve all of this with less than one full a4 page of rules if you weren't such a stickler for the procedure, and even at the end of all of this then the people who love it the most will complain about something like game balance. If this isn't an autist's paradise then I don't know what is.
>>
>>92593723
Spycraft
>>
>>92593723
No mention of GURPS?
>>
Childrens, the lot of you.
>>
>>92599142
what the fuck is this
>>
>>92593723
Ack!Master
Maybe GURPS
>>
>>92593723
GURPS is the definition of autism
>>
File: file.png (529 KB, 544x725)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
>>92593723
>>
>>92599494
I'll never get over the fact he put the whole book in fucking Papyrus.
>>
>>92598643
Nipple diameter and length please
>>
>>92593723
FATAL. Unironically. It's so autistic that it isn't even really playable. And that's not even considering all the degenerate coomer shit in it.
>>
>>92599142
To be fair, a D&D character sheet would be more convoluted than this if they had to fit all three pages onto one.
>>
>>92599494
is that myfarog?
>>
>>92599583
yes
>>
>>92593723
>CTRL + F
>no Shadowrun
might not be the most autistic, but it's up there. It's the only ttrpg I've seen which uses a square root for the purposes of calculating something.
>>
>>92593723
Gotta be GURPS or ACKS.
>>
>>92600401
possibly the chunky salsa rule
>>
File: Vtnl_dice_field.jpg (27 KB, 800x529)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>
>>92593723
Anything Palladium but specifically RIFTS. Everything about it; convoluted rules, a billion supplements, still printed on an ancient press with horrendous typesets. It has it all! God bless Kevin Siembieda, our autistic lord.

inb4 where's Robotech
>>
File: 1713980739611024.gif (2 KB, 78x109)
2 KB
2 KB GIF
>>92604966
>horrendous typesets
You just crossed the line anon
>>
>>92599142
So based and so autistic, and yet so aesthetic
>>
File: file.png (660 KB, 653x832)
660 KB
660 KB PNG
>>92599299
Eoris Essence.
I think it actually came out eventually, but it's one of those games that's 60% art and 20% borders and decoration and 20% actual rules, so it released as like 3 or 4 separate books.

That's only one of the character sheets, there's 3 or 4 (I forget) depending on race or origin or SOMETHING.

>>92604803
I have never seen an english translation of VTNL, I wish one existed but I doubt it does.

FATAL is indeed autismal as fuck, it's 900 fucking pages long without a bestiary because of THAT many fucking tables.

My vote for one not yet mentioned in this book though is Wraeththu: from Enchantment to Fulfillment. I have the PDF, thanks to some anon who found it years ago. It's wack. Not the most excessively crunchy, but it's very VERY much built for superfans by superfans. There's like 120 pages of lore before you get to a single piece of rules, the combat system is painfully 90s heartbreaker, the setting is explicitly post-apoc enough that new guns are rare and new bullets are rare, firearms maintenance is a pain and a dying art... and yet there's a full page table dedicated to calculating the penetration resistance of mixed-material mixed-thickness walls nonetheless. The one good thing it does is have a set of random dice values printed at the top of each page, so if you were somehow playing a game, had the Wraeththu book but no dice, you could still play.

I should also mention that Wraeththu is about a race of hermaphroditic but all originally male twink vampires, basically "what if the pillar men had been created by a fujo who read the later, twinkier parts of jojo", they perform vampire twink cock magic, they fight like men and cry like women. They are absolute fujobait. Did I mention they have invertible sea-anemone dicks?

Wraeththu the RPG is a work by and for a dedicated, unshowered, autistic 90s fanbase.
All of the art is like this btw.
>>
Shadowrun 5e.
It's like they said 'lets go one level deeper" on every rule.
You want to cast a spell?
Well pick a spell and a force up to x2 your mag stat and roll force + spellcasting skill with force being the limit and don't roll over your magic stat after limit or your drain will be physical drain.
>>
>>92593723
It's obviously fucking GURPS, OP.
>>
>>92593723
The canonical answer has to be FATAL but I don't think anyone actually plays that. I'll say based on my personal estimation at 4 different game stores over tge last decade the highest number of socially stunted weirdos preferred Pathfinder (1e) and 3.5
>>
>>92593723
Continuum, Roleplaying in the Yet. It's a great work of fiction, but I don't think I'll ever be able to put together a table of turbo nerds to play it.
>>
Doomgoat.
>>
>>92599494
Has anyone played it? I saw it on quite a lot of bookshelves, bought usually for some sentiment for the author, but I nobody I know actually played it or even wanted to when they read it.
>>
File: brain food.jpg (18 KB, 211x310)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>92593723
>ctrl + f
>zero references to Mekton Zeta
The state of /tg/, I swear...
>>
>>92593723
>What’s the most autistic ttrpg system?
The one you play
>>
>>92593723
Hackmaster 3e with all supplements. More tables than FATAL and death during chargen can set up a recursion loop as you work your way through Clan members in order to get a PC ready for play.
>>
File: ATimeofWarQSR.jpg (132 KB, 705x912)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>92593723
I'd hazard Mechwarrior 3rd edition or A Time of War since they're both a mountain of rules for what are effectively add-ons to an already crunchy wargame that can be scaled up well above and beyond what the devs intended, but I guess that depends on what you consider to make a game autistic.

aToW isn't especially good though, but if filtering through 75+ pages worth of equipment based on era tech level, legality, rarity, cost, and maybe faction availability only to find out that unless you've dumped copious points into well equipped traits 90% of which you don't have access to doesn't sound autistic or at least masochistic enough, without any apps to do it for you to boot, I don't know what is.

Not destiny though. Destiny is basically Battletech for people that won't like Battletech. Diluted standalone rules and more emphasis on forced roleplaying. Good for people that don't want to play the wargame.
>>
>>92593723
GURPS
>>
>>92593723
>don't mention Phoenix Command
Living Steel
>KVISR rocks!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.