[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Satisfying BBEG deaths/defeats
>>
>>92608874
That was not really satisfying really, I felt somewhat bad for him. He was funny, killed a bunch of assholes, just wanted to get back his organs and bring his waifu back to life, and ended up abandoned by her after it all. Pretty sad desu.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aNpkSYzpEg
>>
>>92608930
>>92608930
That's what makes it good.He as kind of a sport about it too.
>>
My group plotted and managed to set the big bad's lair, a tower where was breeding monsters, on fire and the whole building collapsed on top of him. Only one casualty amongst the group.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IIov6kM6ms
>>
File: 1589329151598.jpg (79 KB, 760x635)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>92608874
Not the big bad but, we once set a double ambush for a cop killing cyber psycho. The Nomad, Tekkie, Corpo, and Teenage Ninja-themed solo waited for him to come home and get comfy throwing around his joy toys before demolishing his auto turrets and the facade of his mountainside mansion. He came out strong with WP grenades and some nasty armor-piercing rounds but, didn't notice the hyper paranoid borg-hating US army vet solo had built a hunting blind containing the 75mm cannon he had 'appropriated' before he went AWOL.

The DM didn't expect the session to end after just two shots, so he came up with an on-the-spot unrelated ambush that cost me my leg on the way home and a heart attack on the operating table. It was still worth it, especially when I took the leg I didn't lob 13 pounds of AP round through for my replacement.
>>
>>92608930
Imhotep was an excellent BBEG in both films because there was nothing but total sincerity in his love. Also, it's very amusing to see human traits in an undead sorcerer, like his flair for the dramatic.
>>
>>92608874
Only faggots say "bbeg."
>>
>>92609645
But you just said it.
>>
It was a fairly long-running game with the party being shadowed, stalked and sometimes just randomly running across the path of a Shrike-like entity (as per Hyperion Cantos, if you know that), and only being able to see the carnage it left in its wake and slowly building up the dread of when the encountered it, struggling to piece together its objectives, motives and priorities, and finally culminating in a confrontation where they realized that their interests were perfectly, oppositely aligned.

The Shrike-like entity was a harbinger for the arrival of his race.

Once they realized this, no longer were they running across it or seeing signs of its recent presence, they began actively hunting it. Across five worlds, across twenty sessions, they dogged its trail, following the path of hot carnage it left behind and almost losing it at least once. Finally, they were able to realize that it was searching the galaxy for other insurgents of its race, and they began to pick up signs of just how to identify them.

When they finally captured one, they used it as bait, and in a matter of days the Shrike-like entity showed up and killed two of the player characters. The remaining two had to fight tooth-and-nail to damage its armor with mining explosives, causing it to flee. Only one of the dead PCs was able to be revived, and moving forward they vowed to avenge his death.

Wounded, damaged, The Visitor (which was my name for him in my notes) retreated.

Later on they'd kill him in another "star-crossed fates" moment but I thought this particular defeat was pretty cool.
>>
Still the best one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRmQWnClG8
>>
>>92608874
You mean villain deaths in traditional games, right? Why don't you start by telling us about one that happened in your game?
>>
>>92609679
Are you trying to say they're not a faggot?
>>
>>92608874
Not satisfying. Poor guy was abandoned by his woman. Terrible. Awful.
>>
>>92610212
It's satisfying because it's genuinely tragic, and it makes you feel unalloyed human sympathy for a wicked murderer.
>>
>>92608874
>It's a one-shot
>There is an actual, literal confrontation
>There is less than 30 minutes before everyone has to leave
>Everyone knows what they want to do and what they are doing
>The fight itself is relatively brief, but because the plan goes without a hitch on good rolls alone, it feels satisfying
>Game wraps with 5 minutes to spare before going for a train, so we can talk briefly about it
>>
>>92609679
Kek
>>
>>92608874

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2aaNgo8YBw
>>
File: 16747559582638.png (695 KB, 828x565)
695 KB
695 KB PNG
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7A0JYPGklw
>>
File: dJmnoW.gif (3.26 MB, 400x225)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB GIF
>>
>>92608874
They were just good movies in general I think, I haven't watched either movie in years and years. Also saw the sequel before the first, it was weird seeing things that would get call outs in the second movie.
>>
>>92610212
The worst part is he then looks over and sees genuine love, realizing that he can never have it, and then willingly lets the dead take him.
>>
>>92608874
He just comes back as if it were nothing in the sequel along with his girlfriend even though they made a big deal about him coming back to life fully.

Even still, I enjoy the first movie and would watch it multiple times.
>>
>>92615000
The second is schlocky as fuck and written for shit but it's still fun for all of that. The first is excellent as-is.
>>
>>92614475
This is part of what makes any villain's defeat worthwhile: he is proven wrong.
It's not enough to shoot the devil in the face. A good defeat should directly refute the villain's argument. Narcissists must be shown their ugliness, brutal tyrants shown the futility of their attempts at control. The pragmatic chess masters shown the value of purity and good faith, and the nihilist shown that they lacked meaning instead of the world.
If you don't wreck their worldview, then you didn't defeat them. You just killed them, and any idiot can do that.
>>
>>92608959
kino
>>
>>92608874

My one-adventure campaign ended with the big bad getting forced into an impromptu napalm pit made with glue flasks and alchemist's fire. Whenever he'd crawl out, the PC who's basically a mexican wrestler would shove him back inside like a manlet into the manlet pit.
>>
>>92608874
I'll be honest, none of these feel satisfying, at least not in the sense you're looking for OP. Probably the closest I ever felt was that one particular guy from Aliens. You know the one.
>>
>>92616830
>>
>>92608874
Npc casting imprisonment on him trapping him in a ruby then keeping him as entertainment as we go on the next adventure
>>
>>92630103
I see you have watched Teen Titans.
>>
File: nagash-sorcerer.jpg (67 KB, 600x450)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>92608874
I always imagine Nagash talking like Imhotep. Funny thing is, were it not for his love quest he'd be a terrifying threat to deal with.
>>
File: sex magic.webm (2.92 MB, 1920x818)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>92608874
THOT
>>
>>92614051
A personal pet peeve of mine is how Shakespeare's play has basically turned the public perception of Richard III into a cartoonishly evil villain, considering it did little more than regurgitate Tudor propaganda. Of course, the fact that Richard is such a good villain in the play irks me even more.
>>
>>92614064
I like the T-1000's death because it's clearly terrified.
>>
File: batmanbeyondjokerdeath.png (296 KB, 841x290)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>That's not funny. That's...not...

https://youtu.be/wgNozOiLA5c?si=QLTK5LvZSZlz3CcU
>>
>>92631106
teenage me loved her.
>>
>>92608874
Not satisfying but
>Villain is winning during the whole fight
>Sends hero flying away
>Hero discover the power within
>Come backs and ONK the villain

Is the worst tropes in fictional fights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a24C1IAqw1k
>>
>>92608959
topkino
>>
>>92608930
Yeah I agree with the other anon, Imhotep was a great character who was utterly consistent in his goals and actions, and when he can't reach his goal anymore, his whole purpose is forfeit and he accepts his fate.
>>
I was running sir Francis Drake as an undead pirate in PotSM. He was technically unbeatable in game terms with damage only ever shaking him, undead bonus to unshaking and him healing any wounds created onto him at the beginning of any turn. I did this because I wanted the players to work together to deal with him. Here is how he died.
>The players had worked out that Drake could not go to hell because of witchcraft from the witches of Devon and could not go to heaven because of all the murder and slavery
>This gave him an ability to instantly close any injuries inflicted on him
>The Spaniard distracted him allowing the Frenchman to get the drop on him
>The Frenchman, using his cursed 2-bore musket, fired a grapeshot of radioactive novelty glassware into Drake, successfully shaking him.
>Drake fails his vigor roll and per the radiation rules gets cancer. The Spaniards player successfully argues that since Drake instantly heals that means instant tumors.
>The Moor throws his cobbled together IED around drakes neck and blows him up, turning his face into a mess of tumors.
>The Dane, using the logic that a ships captain can we'd people and is therefore kind of like a priest, baptised Drake into his hard-line Lutheran brand of Christianity. Since Drake couldn't answer when the dane asked him to renounce his sins he lost his protection.
>The rats the moor had made a deal with early in the campaign (a thinly veiled Real McKenzie's reference) proceeded to tear drakes ship apart and drag him down into a whirlpool with the players barely making their escape.

It was really fun because it was the culmination of a campaign that had gone on for over a year and all players ended up being needed to defeat him.
>>
>>92635110
Top tier shit anon
>>
>>92632407
Quite the eye you have there, senpai. I was a fan of the librarian, myself.
>>
>>92615107
That's true, but in this case it doesn't make Imhotep look cruel or foolish, because it's a reminder that ultimately Imhotep did all of the reprehensible things he did in the name of someone he loved. In that final moment he realizes that he was chasing a lie the whole time, and there is no satisfying moment of chastening where the undead sorcerer is confronted with his weakness. Instead it's pure pity and self-loathing. It says something that in the novelization of this movie, O'Connell actually tries to save Imhotep despite everything he's done. But he can't accept it, because despite his immortality he has nothing to live for. Despite all of his power, all of his greatness and all of his cruelty, Imhotep is just a man now who cannot live with the heartbreak the woman he loved inflicted upon him. He sees what true love is, realizes he'll never have it, and gives his arch-nemesis some final parting words in ancient Egyptian, which translates to "love that lasts longer than the temples of the gods".
>>
>>92614256
Joking, of course
>>
>>92608959
Man, Pirates of the Caribbean was really good. And then they just kept making movies.
>>
>>92608874
>>
>>92635110
>The Spaniards player successfully argues that since Drake instantly heals that means instant tumors.
Not sure what to think of this.
>>
>>92615000
>>92615102
This is the second movie, you don't have a good memory.
In the first he dies in a pool after the gods took away his immortality.
>>
>>92642316
It is kind of an asspull, but it seems like they are playing Savage worlds. Maybe Spanish guy spent all his bennies on it or something?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.