[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1612711694340.png (178 KB, 399x311)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
Have you ever had a player betray the rest of their party?
>>
Yeah. We played out the consequences of his actions. Then he was asked not to show up to the next game.
>>
yes
>>
Yes at the end of our post-Order 66 campaign, he struck down another party member to earn Vader as a master. He became our canon’s Darth Starkiller and was the antagonist of the other two campaigns
>>
Played a character that went to the enemy base in an attempt to sell information about the party in exchange for gold, only to get into an argument about how "me being allowed to live" is more than enough payment despite wanting both sides to have lawyers go over the contract we'd both sign off on. Went about as well as you'd expect
>>
>>92616143
Sold the party's souls to save his skin. When he dies they will torment him for eternity in hell.
On the upside, we saved Egypt from the Thule Society
>>
>>92616143
Yes. Was playing Paranoia so it was the only acceptable outcome.
>>
>>92616143
I wouldn't call it betray, but I was the only dude who could fly and we were in an airship wreck so I just jumped off and left everyone to there fate. Tbh it was at the climax of a campaign so I didn't really care about the aftermath.
>>
>>92616554
Cool. Vader would be a sick master and you would have to do something fucked up to get him to be on board with it.
>>
no
>>
File: Forge_Fitzwilliam.jpg (171 KB, 804x804)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>
>>92616969
>becomes Vader’s apprentice
>trains on Korriban like Rocky in Siberia
>starts a little elite battle force operating out of an ancient sith ship
>once Vader finds out Luke is alive he betrays his apprentice
>blows up his ship and cripples him terribly
>the twist of the last campaign is that he’s been force projecting this whole time like the Wizard of Oz
One of my best highschool memories
>>
File: 1684939178215.png (420 KB, 938x954)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
>>92616485
Aw, I'd only kick them if they kept doing it.
A rare surprise with a justified turncoat is a good plot twist of pure player agency.
A repeat offender who can't stop trying to be the main character would ruin a game though.
>>
Yeah it was a high-lethality game where we were all bastards so character turnover was expected, I stole the party ship and a shard of a dead god.
I then had to play a new character hunting down my old character, which was pretty fun.
>>
>>92616143
Yes. In a fucking one-off. We all wanted to free a fox from a trap and he wanted to kill it. He got mad we wouldn't kill the fox and attacked US.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.