[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 99853002359_ArmourySoH1FW.jpg (131 KB, 1198x1237)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>Armoury Edition

>Previous Heresy
>>92596117

『Horus Heresy』
>Official Website
https://thehorusheresy.com/
>New to The Horus Heresy? Here’s Everything You’ll Need to Get Started
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/30/new-to-the-horus-heresy-heres-everything-youll-need-to-get-started/
>Official FAQ/Errata/Downloads:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#the-horus-heresy
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/#the-horus-heresy
>Thread FAQ (very old, remembers Age of Terra)
https://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
https://pastebin.com/8riDmnhS
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
https://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
https://1d6chan.miraheze.org/wiki/Age_of_Darkness-Warhammer_30k/2.0_Tactics/General_Tactics
>Fluff(visions and BL)
/folder/FepmWCBL#mVFzgCLouF_RDkRX9LgNeg
/folder/OiATGCjK#jW1dY6KRM6zshg0A7bvWkA
>HH1 Black Books
/folder/s9xQ3CiA#9a594y1utfRGxKLxiIy2aQ/folder/QkpUCIhK
>HH2 Rules and Supplements
/folder/7jYhnbzT#CHimCvMfmF86Gwoc7nh4ZA

『Adeptus Titanicus』
>Rules and supplements
/folder/s9xQ3CiA#9a594y1utfRGxKLxiIy2aQ/folder/p5YjXaLL
>List of Titan Legions with Badges and Colours
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Jccq0V--SwJifLVLwbisYnQeqLlS2pMSiPbGXp1Brs/htmlview
>More lists
https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Titan_Legions
>What size magnets do I need?
5x1mm
>Tactics
https://1d6chan.miraheze.org/wiki/Adeptus_Titanicus/Tactics
>homemade missions:
https://clawsandfists.blogspot.com/2019/09/matched-play-missions-for-adeptus.html

>Thread question:
How many years will it take for GW to do Armouries for all 18 Legions?
>>
>>92616216
2-4, depending on the other stuff they do/don't do, more breaks, and LIgma.
>>
File: 3ad.jpg (43 KB, 620x552)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>92616216
GW will never finish doing the armoury for all legions.

>Also really hate how Banestrike suddenly has become an entire seperate weapon instead of being a different type of ammunition. Being able to use all kinds of different ammunition types always was part of the lore about how versatile the bolter is.
But the new trend at GW is that every single fucking thing has to have it's own one of a kind weapons, armour and wargear, it's fucking retarded.
>>
My leviathan dread is the only thing in my firewing list that gets deployed. If I was going to replace it with jetbikes would volkite be worth it over Meltas or plasma cannons because of the FW rite bonuses? Volkite and Plasma seem way more in theme
>>
So what are we thinking for the next campaign book? I'm hoping for the War in the Webway to give us all the Sisters stuff in Liber Imperium, but I'm expecting them to just dive into the Siege starting with the Solar War
>>
>>92616681
>I'm hoping for the War in the Webway
Absolutely delusional lmfao
>>
>>92616681
If the world were fair and just, the teaser we got would mean *finally* doing the war(s) for Mars with 30K-specific Skitarii minis(fuck off 40K tourists) and loads of Dark Mechanicum fuckery. But, since we live in a shit timeline that will have been in reference to one or two Knight kits and it'll be more Pissboi garbage.
>>
>>92616479
Replacing the leviathan with jetbikes sounds like a terrible idea. Jetbikes are a lot easier to kill in 1 turn than a leviathan, and if you have no models on the board at the end of a game turn you lose by default.
>>
>>92616775
It makes sense that GW would want to split the solar war across multiple campaign books, so a mars one doesn't seem unlikely.
>>
>>92616681
Just give us Tallarn, holy fuck. I don't care if it's for LIgma, 30k, or Titanicus but it's the most overdue campaign in the entire Hearsay
>>
>>92616681
>War in the Webway
lol
>dive into the Siege starting with the Solar War
lmao

itll be some irrelevant battle nobodys ever heard of
>>
File: capitalism.jpg (45 KB, 218x349)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>92616440
>>
>>92617231
I would believe this if they released more upgrade kits, but they are pretty few and far between these days, it seems.
>>
>>92616479
volkite with the rite bonus might be better for clearing off enemy command squads, you don't gain any real benefit from the sub-type for those weapons vs most Legion units, but +1 to hit is +1 to hit

other anon is right, the Leviathan's a lot harder to kill in one turn than jetbikes, consider just a big ol tactical blob Infiltrated forward of your positions, or onto a mid-field objective, or even Breachers (to squat an objective) or a TSS (to go after an Independent Character - they'll be +1 to Hit and +1 to Wound; at that rate even 10 rotor cannons will take 3W off terminators, though you might prefer volkite chargers+chainswords); the rite gifts you Infiltrate on Troops, may as well use it
>>
File: Perty.jpg (184 KB, 1050x1032)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
Come out, COME OUT, PISSBOIS. I SMELL YE

TOTAL PISSBOI DEATH
>>
>>92614233
Nice, maybe nu-mkIII can be saved with a headswap of the old heads or maybe I'm just coping.
>>
>>92617119
Good. The heresy is meant to span the entire galaxy, I don't want to see the same five battles every time. Show me the forgotten chapters sent to claim Ullanor for the blow it'd inflict on enemy morale.
>>
>>92608477
Just got around to seeing this, many thanks for the recipe and again nice job. Simple and easy with good results, class
>>
>>92617470
It is a definite improvement at least.
>>
>>92617756
Indeed, the nu-heads are brainlets.
>>
>>92616681
Some shit no one cares about.
>>
>>92616681
>So what are we thinking for the next campaign book?
it'll obviously be the siege of inwit, with a brand new resin character for the imperial fists and Sons of Horus, along with new rules for a SoH exclusive Optae, and much better rules for an IF exclusive Optae.
>>
This is the vehicle transfer sheet, but does anyone know if the tiny transfers are small enough to fit on the shoulder pad of a riflemen? Barbaran Ambaxtoi have their symbol on both of their shoulders and there isn't any transfers of them included in the box nor an infantry transfer sheet specifically for solar aux
>>
Time for my next legion.

What do I need to focus on for UM? What traps do I need to avoid?
I mostly paint, so don't wanna just fuck myself for the occasions I do play.
>>
>>92616681
First book was Zone Mortalis + Legion rules, second book was Exemplary Battles, third book was Shattered Legions, Blackshields, more Legion rules, some Solar Auxilia.

City Fight was promised in the rulebook (p 272) and I think Planet Strike was mentioned somewhere too. So I would guess the next book would be EB again (assuming those sold) or City Fight rules + Legion and maybe Mechanicum or Talons updates. I think with those factions we're more likely to see existing units in plastic before we see new rules, particularly where there's no models at all (or at least those models in resin first).

City Fight will be a little different to previous versions, unless Roads are getting rules again. Most of the rules really concerned verticality and movement, shooting assaulting etc., Stratagems (which would be Mission Special Rules now, or maybe Stratagems like those in the Beta-Garmon book), Missions and some rules for destroying Ruins (which I know some anons would like). The older version from 3E actually had elevators and a slightly more complex way of using Barrage weapons, but used BS to Hit for blast weapons generally as this was representative of verticality. Never played it but suspect the problem with that rule is that most people's terrain isn't that tall or likely to change between City Fight/normal games. There's a nice bonus for Siege Tanks in there tho, and stuff about subterranean movement which I guess is covered by Subterranean Assaults now. Beyond that I'm not sure there were any other rules specifically for City Fight until 8E, unless they're buried in some other supplement.

My guess would be literally any important (not necessarily notable at this time) urban engagement. Paramar or Zhao-Arkhad or maybe something that pits IW against IF where Peter Turbo was personally there to witness the audacity.
>>
got some photos of my indomitus terminators !

will be using them in a ZM tournament this weekend, wish me luck
>>
>>92618604
here's a size comparison for anyone curious

maybe a little on the chunky side lole
>>
>>92618604
they are looking lush

>>92618612
still think these guys are on tippy toes inside the new armor, look at the eye to crotch distance on both models and tell me I'm wrong
>>
>>92618604
>>92618612
and definitley on the sexy side anon. your ultras are realy great
>>
>>92618604
>>92618612

The paint job and conversion work are fantastic as always, but god emperor how I wish they were closer in scale to heresy marines. Side question: how long until the trooscalers release detailed a shin-chopping guide for the more recent terminator sculpts? Take 1mm off by slicing through the shins... grind the soles of the boots slightly shorter... shorten the torso slightly just above the waist... hmmm.
>>
>>92618461
I used the skull and wreath to fill a marine pad quite nicely, so I think the smaller ones should fit nicely. If you want, I’ll take some pictures when I get home
>>
>>92618594
>cityfight
God, if they bring back the FW tiles and the cities terrain I would absolutely decimate my wallet.
>>
>>92618604
>>92618612
Courage and honour
>>
>>92618612
whats your method for chipping ? i think the sponge and rhinox hide will only get me so far for so long.
>>
File: Polish_20240425_230924076.jpg (1.6 MB, 1502x2379)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
>>92617412
I have something special for the Imperial Fists.
>>
Do I paint my Alpha Legion inductii in another legion's colors, or a brighter, blingier version of my regular color scheme?
>>
>>92618843
COURAGE AND HONOR?
COURAGE AND HONOR?
YOU KNOW NOTHING OF COURAGE
YOU KNOW NOTHING OF HONOR
>>
>>92619044
Yes
>>
>>92618604
>>92618612
damn, now I want to do the same thing
gotta work on the six javelins first and I might consider some termis riding around in a couple of proteuses
>>
File: 20240424_155322.jpg (3.14 MB, 3925x2936)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB JPG
Made my gf take a detour to Warhammer world on our London trip this week.

Super sick heresy displays and I picked up a bunch of shit for my World Eaters
>>
>>92618303
Dorn with some kind of relic vigil pattern shield and a brutal (x) weapon for +15 pts incomming
>>
File: IMG_20240424_155428.jpg (1.19 MB, 2559x3072)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>GW mechanical design
>>
>no Heresy Thursday
Wtf, guys? What happened?
>>
>>92619299
It ended.
>>
>>92619189
Perturabo with two laspistols and scout armour
>>
>>92618604
Nice paintjob.
>>
File: IMG_0271.jpg (42 KB, 440x697)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>92619299
Is this going to be the new overdone wasn’t-funny-the-first-time meme now?
>>
>>92619174
So did your gf get a custodes army?
>>
>>92619496
Guess we'll find out on Heresy Thursday.
Next week, yeah?
>>
>>92618997
Yes good kill them with artificial colors and diabetuus
>>
>>92616681
0% we are ever going to get anything for SoS.
>>
>>92616775
>>92618303
>>92619189
God i hate John French so fucking much.
The Heresy died with Bligh.
>>
Why doesn't Heresy use oval bases anyway?
They look so much better for cavalry and speeders.

Is it because there was no oval bases when Heresy first came out?
>>
File: IMG_0466.jpg (1.78 MB, 4280x3368)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB JPG
>>92619793
Forgot pic
>>
>>92619174
That's definitely one of my favourite dioramas. So many little details, I love the drill tunnels visible underneath the terrain and the close quarters combat in the lower chambers of the fortress.
>>
>>92619299
They said HH is going on the back burner for the rest of the summer. Expect new releases and Heresy Thursday to return in october or november.
>>
Seriously cannot decide on a legion. Was hoping for Mk2 stuff to come out as I don't really want 30k to play with mk6 shit. White scars are interesting however fuck painting white. Chris wraight done more for any legion with two novels.
>>
>>92619766
John French cowrote the first 3 Black Books, which are still the best.
Alan was also the OG mechanicum fag and the reason there's no skitarii, and they were so OP in the HH1
>>
>>92619828
They promised the plastic melee weapons for this spring, there's still time
>>
>>92619861
Oh sweet summer child...
>>
Not even the Fistfags I know care about Inwit, genuinely can’t comprehend why they would ever set anything more than an Exemplary Battle there.
>>
>>92619844
Look at all the Terminator Praetors and pick your Legion based purely on which one you like the most.
>>
File: bRfEn572d2VDAQQ9.jpg (169 KB, 1000x1000)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>92619970
This
Look for the minis that look cool af and make an army based on that
>>
>>92619844
Ws are so cool tho
Hope the mk2 kit is cool and the mk2 upgrades that hopefully follow are too
>>
>>92619986
Is that hatch made of honeycomb?
>>
>>92619852
>John French cowrote the first 3 Black Books, which are still the best.
James Cameron wrote Terminator and Terminator 2.
He then did Dark Fate.
Sometimes, people go from good at something to very bad at something. Either because they change, or because they need someone to temper their worse instincts in order for their better instincts to shine. We don't know why French can't make the new stuff good, but the proof's in the pudding.
>>
>>92619979
But what if the army is weak, and you keep losing? Then you feel tripple bad. For losing, for wasting months, if not years of saving up money and time and it, and the wasted potential of using the time&money on something you wouldn't have to expiriance any of the first two.
>>
File: IMG_9643_1500_900x.png (1.02 MB, 900x900)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>92619990
it's supposed to be hammered metal,
>>
File: FWNew-Nov24-WS3ty.jpg (106 KB, 920x994)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>92619990
glorious gold patina, love that gold.
The WS colorscheme is a godsend, especially since you can put red with motifs anywhere however you want
>>
>>92619999
You paint an army for the love of the legion
>>
>>92619999
>what if I lose in the game
Are you playing with friends?
Pretend this is a last stand, that this is the indeed where they will die, and that you need to take as much of the enemy as possible, or to be as much of a pest as you can

I prefer narrative stuff so I don't really care for meta, I'll even say it's more fun when things are unbalanced, otherwise people get into that singular mindset we all know
>>
File: 20240409_183617.jpg (875 KB, 2999x2768)
875 KB
875 KB JPG
>>92619844
You can still find old mark 3 if you're willing to look. Old Mark IV is around too. Plus mark V kn forgeworld. I just did this guy with some mark IV i found
>>
>>92619970
What if I like all or most of them
>>
Man I love White Scars
>>
File: IMG_20240426_125614.jpg (3.5 MB, 3456x4608)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB JPG
Night Lords apothecary, tried to go for a sort of butcher look, but I didn't have any right handed axes
>>
>>92616681
>>92618594
Cityfight: Norton
>SAL, BA, and Mech vs IW, AL, and Dark Mech
>Most of the book is devoted to campaign fluff and the cityfight rules, with the necessary supplementary missions and campaign options.
>SAL get updated Xiaphas Jurr (new mini) and Cassian Dracos, Adherents are reprinted with minimal differences. New WLT option, token piece of new wargear, and a mini for a legion exclusive consul.
>BA get their named captain from the conflict, and some small goodies since they're not as attention starved.
>IW get Dreygur with a new mini, new WLT, Praetor mini, wargear, etc.
>Ditto for AL, but with the scary mask boy.
>Mechanicum get some new stuff. A bit that's shared, and a bit that's loyalist/traitor exclusive. No new minis though because LOL
>>
>>92620018
I don't like painting. I tried it a few times and I was never the best at it. Each time I tried to pick it up, it felt like I was wasting time on something I can't be the best of all.

>>92620022
>Are you playing with friends?
Define friends? Is it people I went through basic military training or something similar? Then no, most of them went on to have families and jobs. If it is people I know from the store then yes. But "friend" seems to be the word people use to describe like 40-50 different words we have for people you know or interact at different levels of life, their status and your statu, them being people your boss or parents know etc.

I don't like last stand. Last stand people die and those that kept chilling in the backs win, and later make great fortune. My grand fathers pulled stuff like that in the 50s, and my father kind of did too working a lot in Iraq, Iran, Lybia and Korea from where he got my mother out.
>>
File: 1680252928111784.jpg (352 KB, 1600x1823)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>92620057
Noice!
Makes me think of someone else's awesome NL apothecary because of the pose
>>
>>92618673
>>92618707
>>92618843
>>92619489
thanku!
>>92618742
im sure someones done it, but honestly i think the biggest size discrepency is actually the arms. if you used shorter arms it might match the scale a little better.
>>92619163
do it! very fun kit
>>92618973
I do a very small amount of sponge chipping with my midtone blue to get started, but after that it's all by hand pretty much. I do teclis blue on the darker areas, lothern blue on the lighter areas, and then proacryl black brown as the "bare metal" chips inside the blue chips and on edges.
>>
>>92619999
dude it's Horus Heresy, it's all Space Marines, all the armies have 90% the same rules and units. There's no trap choice here.
>>92620051
OK, go through the Terminator Praetors and select the ones you really like.
Then go through the regular Praetors from those Legions you selected in the previous step, and select the ones you really like.
The, get some Marines. You can get a full box of Heresy Marines since you intend to play the game, but if you're not sure you can just grab some cheap bodies off Ebay. Paint them in the colors of the Legions you selected.
Out of that selection of painted Marines, pick the one with the paint job you like the best.

once you've selected your Legion, paint a 500 point army and don't start any other Heresy projects until you've played at least one game with that army.
>>
File: 1694284010181661.png (82 KB, 307x403)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>92620084
I'm sorry to hear this man. I'd say friends are people you can really count on and who won't drag you down, who will be there for you when you need it most and who will make even a factual loss into a proper fun time for you.

Yeah, it's a word that's thrown around a lot. Words are to describe things, and things are not to be derived from words instead.
I'd say when you call someone a friend with pride and happiness, after you know they stuck with you through hell and back, then you'll know, they're a friend.
>>
what do you guy think. The dude in red circle as a DA esototherist? Has the keys, the hood, I can give him an mk 2 power pack, he has a force sword so would be good as death wing. And best of all he isn't smaller then the ax and sword pretor that come in the starter box. I was also thinking about giving the other dude a winged helmet to be a stand in for Corswain/regular Pretor. I have the resin original, and I just can't use him, as he looks like a child next to all my other officers.
>>
>>92620153
I will now remark that the picture is missing
>>
>>92620131
Probably a cultura difference thing. My expiriance and life lessons is that all people will drag you down, especialy those closer to you. I will try to learn to like to paint, maybe if my mother finds out that I am the best painter in the world she is not going to be too angry at me. At my age it is time for me to start having atleast a career.
>>
File: 1714132277675841.png (677 KB, 1000x1000)
677 KB
677 KB PNG
>>92620156
I don't know why it didn't get post. I can only blame myself and my inability.
>>
>>92620084
Jesus with this autism you deserve to be alone.
>>
>>92620187
I'm mockin' about m8, been there done that, no worries
At least you picked the primaris ones with the most hidden elements, but he'll be a b e e g boy
Would work imo, they look good.
Still have picrel to paint and it reminds me of your inner circle dooder
>>
>>92620172
I'd be you I'd free myself of how much people influence your self worth.
If your mother is angry at you unfairly, it's her problem
If other people have things you want before you do, it's their life, not yours

Life's different for all of us, you've got yours, you've been dealt cards and you can do what you wish with them, and if indeed people drag you down, go on the road alone, maybe you'll meet the good people that will benefit your life on the way.

In short: free yourself of external burden, cut off what brings you down.
>>92620188
No u, faggoto-supreme
>>
>>92620057
Please tell me that's not one of those bolter-length primaris pistols.
>>
File: dl2l7k1xnckb1.jpg (13 KB, 280x262)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>92620084
I'm clinically diagnosed as autistic and even I got second-hand embarrassment from this post. Jesus Christ, go touch some grass.
>>
File: 1559778579506.jpg (72 KB, 500x321)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>92620270
>diagnosed as autistic
>you're in pain? Lol, embarassing
ntab if you want embarassement you're the one serving
>>
>>92620187
I wouldn't. He's still clearly primaris and while he's in scale with the box praetors, they're out of scale with everything else.
>>
>>92620268
looks like a volkite to me for some reason
>>
>>92620215
I was gifted a few of the starter boxes pretors, and I made all my officers out of them. I tried to add regular sized stuff, but they not only come on smaller bases, but just look very small.

I think there is a sword on the shoulderguard and pointing hand in the box, so I could go for the look that librarian model has. It looks very nice. I have never seen it.
>>
>>92620298
wut
>>
File: 1694222695428290.png (194 KB, 400x400)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>>92620284
>Muh emotional pain
>Posts on a serbian dog food tasting forum instead of seeking actual help
>Actually gets defended for it by some robot
Anon I don't know how to tell you this but both of you would be best served with about seven feet of rope and a strong roof beam.
>>
File: IMG_1326.jpg (1.01 MB, 1824x1368)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>92620248
yeah. I think or say that, and then my mother says "if it wasn't for me and your father you would have never been out of Korea and was allowed to go to a nice school in Poland". And after that all my arguments fail, as they did for the last 30 plus years.

>>92620270
I actualy was never diagnosed as autistic, they always write [Personality Disordere Type:Other] in my pink papers. And I touch a ton of grass every day. I litteraly have to go to the barn through grass.
>>
File: 1664907038963361.png (81 KB, 383x192)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>92620318
I think it's the apothecary absolver pistol, but for some reason it reminded me of a volkite, prolly the recesses on the frame
>>
>>92620289
Besides the back pack I don't know which parts of him are primaris. The sword is an ornate sword, DA have those on other models. Naked head in a hood is a naked head in the hood. The robes block most of the armour. The chest aquila can be filled off and as anon said, back packs can be changed. Aside of that the keys, the vembrace etc are all like other HH "original" models have.
>>
File: 1657146957191.jpg (73 KB, 383x434)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>92620320
>muh emotional pain
>goes for the kys
Aaaaaayyyyyyyy, no amount of medicine could unfuck your brain m8
>>
>>92620329
>[Personality Disorder Type: Other]
>A flavor of tard so rare it is yet to be defined
Mfw
>>
>>92620329
>"if it wasn't for me and your father you would have never been out of Korea and was allowed to go to a nice school in Poland"
Yup, abuse.
That shit's not normal, they're dragging you down. I'd be you I'd interact with them as little as possible and avoid them completely if you can, work on getting better, and the reconsider with new eyes if you want to give them more of your time, energy and affection.

"You owe us". Nah, children > parents.
t. worked in daycare, seen that shit
>>
>>92619266
GOOD
O
O
D

This setting is supposed to look like the edgy comics in 2000AD. Everything else is zoomer shit.
>>
>>92620329
>30+ year old half korean half slav giga autist still living with his abusive parents
Get a job, move out, get help
>>
>>92620344
Literally all of it.
The knee fins protrude through robes in a way most knees don't, the tassets are pretty clearly primaris, the arms are primaris and those vambraces are pretty cartoonishly large. The shoulders are clearly gravis, and might be replacable but I'm not sure. The backpack is obvious but swappable and while gorgets exist on armour in HH, I don't think any model has one that protrudes quite like primaris ones do.
And on top of that, it's clearly too big.
>>
>>92620383
Based. There is no such thing as grimderp, everything should be awful to the max and I mean that unironically
>>
>>92619798
Looks like the brass rod is holding up. Nice.
>>
>>92619861
They lied

They didn't have any AOS articles up to replace HH yesterday. They just gave up on HH.
>>
File: NcXljyAnToRD3OrR.jpg (103 KB, 1000x1122)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>92620401
Dude you can see the "fins" behind a robe from half the table away. And by the way DA models have HUGE kneed cards. the one on the HH "originals resins" have knee guards the size of custodes hip armour. If they wore robes they would be protruding too.

As I said the vambrace in that style are on other DA models too Corswain has them for example. And yes, they are different size then on smaller resin models. Like EVERYTHING made in plastic, GW can't make things the size it is in resin, because of the type of material they work in.
Are you one of those people that calls MK2 and MK6 armour sets wrong?

Gorgets to big? On for which models, because the the starter box pretors have gigantic gorgets. Same with Corswain.
>>
>>92620329
>hapa
Explains a lot.
>>
File: KazmarBilyaletdinov.jpg (90 KB, 716x960)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>92620613
No my last name is not h in it. Plus who in their right name would give a boy the name "aunt".
>>
>>92620610
You seem dead set on using primaris, so why not?
>>
>>92620613
Incredible how they are consistently some of the most miserable people on earth
>>
are dawneagle jetbikes just not a thing in 30k? was considering picking up the 40k custodes battleforce as a side project, but not sure I wanna if like half the box isn't usable in 30k.
>>
>>92620610
The fact the corswain model sucks is not a good reason to use an even suckier primaris model.
>>
>>92620650
They litteraly are not primaris it says it in the codex that they were ancient armour from the times of heresy and are brothers who never saw. The only primaris thing about them are their bolt pistols and back packs, but considering that Cawl had the primaris armour and weapons ready just as the heresy was starting, one can't even call those non HH.
>>
>>92620855
its literally a fucking primaris model
>>
>>92620859
He's either a troll or retarded. Either way, replying doesn't help anyone.
>>
Why did the Emperor decide to name his eighth progeny after the villain from Joseph Conrad's 1899 novella Heart of Darkness?
>>
>>92620795
So now if a model looks like a primaris model, even if GW itself says it is a HH, then it isn't one? what if they release the Maximus patern armour in plastic and it has huge ass Errantry style gorgets, will it too be "not HH" and "too big"?

You guys sound as if you wanted to gate keep everyone and force people to play with resin. Instead of letting people have fun and kitbash w40k models to use in the HH. You know the way people did before HH even became a legal game by GW, and was just dudes having fun playing other marine dudes without the worry of craftworld eldar or nob biker lists ruining the game.
>>
>>92620885
>You guys sound as if you wanted to gate keep everyone
no, just idiots like you.
>>
>>92620767
They don't exist, neither does Allarus armour. If you want to use them (or contemptors or land raiders or spartans all of which the custodes use in novels) you'll need to use homebrew slop.
>>
>>92620153
>>92620187
Yea sure. But get a different backpack. I haven't seen it but it's probably just the same design every primaris has and that just doesn't fit.
Maybe go with normal pads too instead of the gravis ones
>>
>>92620554
Yes, it's doing it's job perfectly. Though the hole for the flight stand is slightly bigger than 2mm.
Probably 2.3 or 2.5mm, so there's some wiggle room.
>>
>>92621083
Nice to see it coming together well. Landspeed, anon
>>
File: 47thstandweb.png (4.32 MB, 2000x1311)
4.32 MB
4.32 MB PNG
tried my hand at doing a photo edit of my dudes in the style of the modern campaign books

also includes my new twin lightning claw praetor B)
>>
>>92619793
Because there are rule lawyering faggots who will claim that because models are allowed to pivot they can turn around oval bases to gain extra movement.
>>
>>92621115
Thank you. I wish my transfer sheets were here already though. Holding my entire army back.
>>
>>92621123
Well, you're going to need to stop for a second and explain how the fuck you did this.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1713783706851.jpg (100 KB, 748x960)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>92616440
Imma try having special ammunitions be extra profiles to the bolter instead of different weapons that replace the base bolter. That way they can use bayonets and stuff.
>>
>>92618997
Legally, IF use autocannons better than IW, as they have +1 to hit with autoguns for some reason
>>
>>92621190
>That way they can use bayonets and stuff.
Good. It's beyond retarded how GW has done it.
>Oh, your bolter now has shrapnel/asphyx/whatever ammunition in it? That stop marines being able to put a bayonet on it, sorry.
>>
>>92621123
>>92621123
damn anon, this is nice. what does it look like un-edited?
>>
In the OP's post; what does /folder mean? What website would that be on? Or is he just referring to his own computer?
>>
>>92621251
U gotta keep lurking bro
>>
>>92620613
>>92620728
Retarded mutts, get stabbed by some ghetto nigger.
>>
>>92621208
Ok
>>
>>92620329
It's always the polish lmfao
>>
File: glasses.jpg (181 KB, 1416x606)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>92619174
>that kratos tank about to CHOOM all the terminators coming out of the mastodon
>the Justerians charging directly into a leviathan dreadnought
OOFs were had
>>
>>92620084
>Each time I tried to pick it up, it felt like I was wasting time on something I can't be the best of all.
my mom is korean, too.
it's good to do things you're not naturally good at.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5vqhYoeIyg
>>
>>92620648
hapa is hawaiian for half-asian
>>
>>92620080
if they remade Cassian Dracos as a Leviathan I wouldn't even be mad, that's funny as hell
>>
>>92621208
Well they're GW's chosen legion, so...
>>
>>92620982
I see. thanks
>>
>>92620080
Cityfight: Nyrcon*
>>
>>92621574
Nah, Norton.
It's everything you said, but Edward Norton exists as a character too.
>>
>>92621574
No, it's Norton city now :^)
>>92618777
"Current" 7E city fight works, no?
>>
>>92619749
What COULD be given to SoS, to begin with? It's not like you can give them a heavy weapons team or artillery. They are high speed low drag women. Basically non-Haemonculi Dark Eldar, and that's like 6 units
>>
>>92621593
Was there one for 7E? There was Cities of Death in the Planetary Onslaught book, but that was just a bunch of now-oop and very 40k looking scenery datasheets and some missions. There weren't any extra rules at all, just a bunch of VP objectives vaguely themed around buildings.
>>
>>92621810
I mean, it'd be nice to have those six units at least, to begin with.
>>
File: HHCalth.jpg (177 KB, 629x613)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>subtle marbled armor on Calth Ultramarines
I imagine this would be painted with an airbrush and a piece of stretched cloth with slightly lighter shades of the base blue for the marbling? It's a subtle effect so it might not be worth doing.
>>
>>92619844
I've summed up all units/upgrade kits for all the legions, divided em up by how many kits that legion has and multiplied by 100, attached a screenshot of my progress
Helped me a lot, and in addition I've made other spreadsheets of how much I like the generic kits in relation to each legion; like how much I like rhinos, contemptors, MK6 and MK3 squads for each legion
>>
>>92622237
Picrel is an example of the other process I mentioned
>>
>>92619995
>We don't know why French can't make the new stuff good,
Because he stopped after the third Black Book to focus only in BL, duh
>>
>>92622007
https://scoolov.github.io/wh40000rules/expansions/planetary-onslaught/
I went to 7E wahapedia and found this
>>
I'm halfway through painting some destroyers and I just found out rad-phage doesn't affect the whole unit but only models. What the fuck's the point in it then? Is it just to make terminators slightly easier to kill when they're out of charge range for destroyers but in range of something else? Should I swap out the launcher for a flamer and take a couple more phoenix weapons?
>>
File: 20240426_123152.jpg (6.75 MB, 5628x3415)
6.75 MB
6.75 MB JPG
Did half a terror squad for a test scheme. I'm happy with how they came out.
>>
>>92622478
>spike studs
It's so obvious
Looks good, I like Sam Fisher's coworker there
>>
>>92622031
Calth marines are canon gilded as fuck with all the bells and whistles because they broke out the champagne and ceremonial armor for what was supposed to be a reconciliation with the word bearers. The black book has at least one officer with marbled armor
>>
File: Tuto 4.jpg (2.05 MB, 938x2242)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
>>92622031
Pic related has a marble effect guide.
>>
>>92622478
more like Night DORKS
>>
>>92622689
Good shit, Anon.
>>
File: 1444441385898.gif (268 KB, 234x249)
268 KB
268 KB GIF
>>92621123
Anon, I can safely say you have the coolest blueberries.
>>
>>92622869
>Less than 12% combined stake
>mattering
It's not enough to dictate anything to management and they're probably just managing stocks owned by other individuals or groups.
Why do so many nerds act like Tencent or any other meme evil company of the month owning a tiny fraction of stock poisons the entire company?
>>
File: Highway Funding.png (98 KB, 685x315)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>92622918
Angry enough to stop spending money?
>>
>>92622980
NO, I WILL CONTINUE TO BUY GAMES WORKSHOP MODELS WHILE BEING ANGRY.
>>
>>92622983
Just pirate your models you dumb niggerfaggot. Pirate everything.
>>
>>92622983
WE HAVE TOO MANY ROADS YOU SHOULD REMOVE SOME TO SAVE ON MAINTENANCE!
>>
>threw out a couple bits because it has been several years since I last had use for them
>Need them less than a month later
Never throw anything out, this always happens.
>>
>>92622869
GW is also propping up the whole UK economy
>>
>>92616216
Upgrades for Custodes when? I want some Meridian Swords (No I will not use that god awful Blade Champion model).
>>
>>92619828
They specifically said some previews and releases will still drop in the meantime. Why is this thread so shit at actually READING?
>>
>>92622869
I find it hilarious when people spot BlackRock or Vanguard and think they are some evil masterminds coming to ruin their hobby.

I sit on board meetings with these people. I handle a lot of their transactions and let me tell you, they are a fucking mess. They are not out there cackling to themselves, shouting for more wymyn or diversity bullshit to be included. For them it's just rubberstamping/greenwashing for public image, at best.

They are a bunch of ridiculously badly organised nerds that want the greenline to go up. That's it.

There's no grand conspiracy at work, just a bunch of rich cunts that want to be even richer, fondling numbers on Excel sheets to have that.

They can barely get a real estate deal though the door, pushing back deadlines multiple times because their teams
do not communicate with each other, it's hilarious.
>>
>>92623543
This sounds like your average company these days. The world economy is held together with shoestring, duct tape, and incompetence
>>
>>92623543
pretty much, the problem with any grand conspiracy is that it assumes any large organization is competent enough to manage a conspiracy in the first place. I suspect most people who spout these kind of conspiracy theories are kids or otherwise have very little real world experience, since it's clear to anyone working in a big company/government office/etc that nobody is competent at anything and everyone is just kind of muddling along and hoping nobody notices
>>
File: 1714094755903277.png (998 KB, 691x867)
998 KB
998 KB PNG
You just KNOW
>>
>>92623606
>>92623543
it's always the same, no matter how it's marketed.
individuals are smart, people are idiots, it is frankly frightening to see folks lay any claim to space when no one can (and no one will be able to) lay claim to earth
>>
>>92623606
Oh 100%. They genuinely are too big to fail nowadays but I've lost count of the amount of times where we, the lawyers, have a look at their figures or plans and spot a massive fucking issue, when it's not even our scope of work. I suspect a lot of badly handled stuff is simply swept under the rug on a regular basis.

These guys can barely do their own business, they're not out there trying to impose some new world order shit.
>>
>>92621251
Mega dot nz
>>
>>92623670
In my experience in corporate, the competent people will often have the give-a-fuck-ness hammered out of them as they get showered with extra work while their delegating peers get the promotions.
>>
>>92623729
To the credit of some of these guys, the ones leading a transaction and trying to organise the ragtag mess that is down in the trenches are usually indeed very fucking smart, being able to juggle financing, commercial, legal and tax matters all at the same time. Except yeah, they're not the ones actually doing the work and the little hands are the ones fucking up.

It smacked me in the face when I had to explain to one of their numbers guys they could not infinitely make drawdowns from a loan and capitalise these, otherwise you'd be creating value for a company out of thin air.
There was a silence and then a "Ooooooh right! I hadn't thought of that!" over the phone. It was so flabbergasting it was funny.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.07 MB, 764x665)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>92623543
>For them it's just rubberstamping/greenwashing for public image, at best.
To change stuff for public image IS evil though.
>>
>>92620594
Does anyone else find it impossible to read the AoS or 40k articles? Something about them makes the words just slide right off my brain.
>>
>>92623881
All the more reason GW needs to learn that doing this shit just hurts their relationship with their actual customer base, and that the idea of widespread appeal for nerd shit died with GoT and SW.
>>
>>92623825
Remember when the imperials were unapologetic genocide enthusiasts? Remember when it was "the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable"? Old lore had something for everyone: Tankies and Tiki-torch enthusiasts alike.
>>
>>92623816
Every company is a handful of high performers holding together a shitshow
>>
>>92620855
The mini is disconnected from the fluff. look at the backpack. They are nice 40k models, but will need dantesque rework for 30k... and be tall like resin terminator and overscaled praetor.
GW fucked us over with these models.
>>
File: IMG_0470.jpg (5.27 MB, 6000x3368)
5.27 MB
5.27 MB JPG
Geez, the leave you no place for error with this, huh?
>>
File: 1615585042521.jpg (899 KB, 1273x1800)
899 KB
899 KB JPG
How did you approach your first army? How long did it take you to settle on a Legion, did you have an idea for how you wanted your army to play or did you just go with what's cool?
>>
>>92624242
Ferrus my waifu
>>
>>92624220
Correct.
>>
>>92624242
I like lightning claws and beaks. It really wasn't a hard call.
>>
File: its ok.jpg (230 KB, 1631x2177)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>92624242
Looked into the Legions, nothing caught my eye until Alpha Legion and their unhinged state in 40k, loved what they were about in 30k.
As a Legion they are good at everything, like all the others, but I really like their mindset and the overtly clinical approach to warfare and their massive ego related to that approach.
My army is bog standard, I like the idea of having lots of regular marines so >myguys< are an interception force made for conventional warfare to tip scales in any theater of war deemed necessary by the Primarch(s), particularly specialized in holding positions with overwhelming heavy support concentrated in armored mobile artillery.
Army is nowhere near done and my adhd doesnt let me paint at a pace im very satisfied with but im sloooowly getting there.
t. complete freshie to the hobby and any miniature painting in general, started in early January
>>
>>92624242
I liked the aesthetic, the lore and the mood of the Iron Warriors.
>>
>>92624242
>How did you approach your first army?
Picked a bunch of units like and put them in a list.
>How long did it take you to settle on a Legion?
Atleast 6 years
>Did you have an idea for how you wanted your army to play or did you just go with what's cool?
The latter.
>>
>>92624242
>pick 3 legions I really like from the lore
>NL, DA, IH
>just to be sure, let's read the legion rules
>start from end on a whim
>read Alpha Legion rules
>instantly sold
Simple as.
>>
It’s not about the money by the way.
>>
>>92624242
I like painting purple and doing a lot of metallic ornamentation.
>>
>>92624558
It's always about money
>>
>>92624242
i work in construction, guess which legion that would be.
>>
>>92625105
Space Wolves, because you're a drunk asshole.
>>
>>92625129
no im not a laborer
>>
>>92625150
UM/WB if you're an architect
IF/IW if you're an engineer
AL if you're in accounting or payroll
>>
>>92624325
>and their massive ego related to that approach
I liked it when legion traits were pros and cons. Some were too strong and had to be tweaked, but overall they did provide a nice sense of flavor
>>
File: IMG_1645.jpg (1.77 MB, 4032x3024)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>>92625213
electrician but yea IF
>>
>>92625150
The two are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>92624242
Only ever had interest in AL and TS. When I started playing HH there were no rules for TS yet, so that made the choice rather easy.
Then it turned out that AL rules work really well with decentralized MSU warfare and gimmick armylists Most enjoyable playstyle for me and have been hooked ever since.
>>
>>92625213
I feel like my group has basically zero job & legion overlap, at least from those I know.

>DG player is a lawyer
>IW player is an accountant
>Custodes player is an architect
>Militia/DA player is a physiotherapist
>>
>>92626176
>dour attitude; not really liked but grudgingly acknowledged as useful
>attritional warfare with legionaries just being numbers on spreadsheet
>Big E aka the demiurge's biggest fanboys
>hoarders of esoteric knowledge of the Human body
All a matter of perspective
>>
>>92626023
>Then it turned out that AL rules work really well with decentralized MSU warfare
Explain how
>>
>>92626517
Infiltrate/Scout meant all units can start the game deployed in position. So, for example: when there are three units of veterans with meltaguns Yes, I was a filthy PotL sniper vet spammer and some tactical squads with combi-melta on the sergeant, they can all be close enough to focus on that one particular leviathan that needs to die.
It also meant that there was only 1 turn at most in which the opponent can try and kill enough of those units. With units being able to only target one enemy unit, there would always be units that didn't get shot at.
>>
>>92618742
If you can get your hands on them, space marine series 2 terminators are perfectly scaled along side the new mkVI.
>>
>>92618604
I really hope you didnt buy 5 copies of the shark dude to make those conversions anon...
plz share stl
>>
>>92626793
>he doesn't know
>>
>>92624242
I'm a masochist who loves painting hazard stripes on predators and dreadnoughts.
>>
>>92626658
Aight but why not RG instead? Feels like the eternal question I just can't bring myself to care for any of the Istvaan V legions
>>
>>92626957
Because AL could pick infiltrate or scout (scout was way more useful against mechanicum with their bullshit thallax infiltrate denial) and RG only infiltrates regular infantry, not terminators or units with jump packs. Though RG can also do it quite well admittedly.
>>
>>92626957
>I just can't bring myself to care for any of the Istvaan V legions
I actually like the Iron Hands because of their autism
Sallies are passively uninteresting but RG are aggressively uninteresting
>>
>>92626957
RG are the lamest legion, even beyond Fists
>>
>>92627233
RG are the most forgettable, IF are the most dispicable.
>>
>>92626827
>oh really what gave me away
>>
>>92627348
Mostly because they're wanked as hard as Matt Ward ultramarines desu. Fists in 40k are an aggressively retarded chapter with a gimmick (fortresses) which makes no sense at all if your max size is ~1000 men. Their successors are alright though, crimson fists, executioners, black Templars, et cetera.
>>
>>92627061
>Sallies are passively uninteresting but RG are
Nick Kyme and the drought of game content are responsible.
>>
>>92627863
It's impressive how Nick Kyme manages to make pyromaniac marines so incredibly dull.
>>
>>92627750
It's almost unfair how the IF have almost all the cool things: power fists, shields, teleporters and shotguns.
>>
>>92627750
lorelets forget them being void warfare and boarding action specialists. there are 2-3 iron warriors jerking eachother off each thread repeating them same fagtarded memes back to eachother
>>
>>92627750
I actually like how the recent books made it clear that 40k IF are the direct result of singularly focused siege training for all their inductii. Makes sense how they would fall so far after the Heresy.
>>
>>92624153
What am i looking at here?
>>
>>92620855
But he didn't have it ready then though, because he wasn't even told to start the project until *after* the Heresy, and during it he was just some regular goober techpriest not the Cawly Sue faggot GW write him as later. You're dumb, your opinions are wrong, and your desire to use Primaris models in MKX armour in 30K is either a really lame troll or concrete evidence of your irredeemable faggotry. Kindly drink bleach at your earliest convenience and shut your fucking gob in the meantime.
>>
>>92628452
Threadly reminder that even that attempt to explain their 'tardism doesn't really work because GW wiped out the entire Imperial Fists chapter in their shitty War of the Beast series, to a man, and the Imperium quietly restarted them by pinching dudes from their successor chapters almost none of whom had Siege Autism.
>>
>>92628335
>void warfare and boarding action specialist
Ah yes who can forget that time where they fought that naval battle at Phall, and then the one at Terra, and then, uh... err...did the other thing?
That thing that wasn't the siege Cthonia.
Or the siege of Terra.
Or the siege of the Iron Cage at Sebastus IV...

Read pic related. Here the Fists fight a void-based civilization and what do they do? Get to the control room and turn it into a siege.
All boarding actions are instead "Proactive Garrison Maneuvers" for them.
>>
I gotta say, guys, I don't give a flying fuck about the battle of Phall.
>>
>>92628577
splitting hairs but ok
>>
>>92628602
By Sigismund's Black Sword we are
>>
>>92628560
That actually explains it perfectly.
"Oh we're back with the parent chapter now? What were they into again, sieges? Yeah that sounds about right, if I go all in on that then nobody will realise I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing."
It's an entire chapter of imposter syndrome
>>
>>92628335
I'm not an iron sperg, doubt I would even think about the fists if not for the fact that they are front and center this edition. But when was the void warfare thing added? In the Black book with the battle of phall? If so that was a transparent asspull to give the fists a win outside of the battle of Terra, but done in a way that made the fists look retarded for pulling out at the very silliest moment. They had turned the battle around and had peter turbo in their hands and could have done massive damage to the near entire iron warriors legion in one go. Would probably have gone better for the traitors in the final siege since whoever replaced peter wouldn't pull the the legion out because of a tantrum lmao.
>>
/ourguys/:
Perturabo
Lorgar
Lion
Curze
Fulgrim
Khan

Reddit's guys:
Guilliman
Russ
Magnus
Alpharius
Dorn
The Emperor
>>
File: reddit-moment.png (147 KB, 500x500)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>92628887
>/ourguys/
>Primarchs I like

>Reddit's guys
>Primarchs I don't like and the Emperor
>>
File: IMG_3978.jpg (146 KB, 1170x910)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>92628887
>>
>>92628725
People say it as if Perturabo was in any real danger of being killed by regular space marines. All those marines achieved was to die by his hands. At worst he was in danger of losing a hand and it getting scrimshawed for 10,000 years >:^)
>>
>>92628513
Javelin pilot's hands
>>
>>92628887
so Sanguinius, Ferrus, Angron, Mortarion, Horus, Vulkan and Corax are ...?
>>
>>92628725
The soul drinkers were a second founding chapter that got the void warfare specialists before the black books IIRC.
>>
>>92628957
The whole battle of phall, like many engagements including IF and IW, is just embarassing for both sides.
>>
>>92628725
There's always been that bias toward them being space-based and you would reasonably assume good at boarding actions. Blame Ian Watson I guess, though the only thing I think they board in Space Marine is a Tyranid ship.

So Phalanx from about 2E but also the Black Templars from 4E onwards and I think always the backstory of the Crimson Fists? Like they'd been a fleet-based Chapter until recently and then settled on Rynn's World? Something like that. So a fair bias (even if the CF stuff is younger than I think) toward large fleet elements coming directly off the Legion. Previous to the Black Templars lore, the 2E codex has the IF as "the most strident Crusading Chapters [sic] of all". I guess it could just be something in-house that was well-understood or a kind of thing they wanted to flesh out the IF with, because the Executioners have a similar role in the Badab War, and the second Badab book was only a year before Betrayal.
>>
File: IMG_9202.jpg (3 MB, 4272x2848)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
>>92622864
>>92621227
>>92621148
thanku!!
this was the unedited pic. just spammed the patch tool to remove the bases, and brushed on some blending layers in photoshop for some glowy bits. background is just from an official gw image.
>>
>>92621123
>>92630114
Simply, simply lovely.
>>
>>92630114
Moar pics of that boxnought please.
>>
>>92623377
Would it be funny if GW became a chartered company? I think it could be funny.
>>
>>92629441
Morty is ours
>>
>>92629441
Horus is ours too
>>
>>92630329
it would be funny, but only if the charter was a letter of marque and reprisal
>>
File: Aleph_Null.jpg (92 KB, 827x827)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
What's it going to be? Loyalty to your Imperium, or loyalty to me? Your legion, or your primarch? The mission, or your beliefs? Your duty to your unit, or your personal feelings?
>>
>>92620982
I never really got Allarus armour. It looks terrible, particularly the legs and feet. Now that GW says there are female custodes it starts to make sense why it loops so derpy.

New SA Basilisk/Medusa kit looks kino.
>>
>legacy of nikea+broken helix clones

a way to make a rubric of ahriman TS force?
the clones get a 5+ fnp but get -1 LD and I, however the character thats part of the squad doesnt, and would gain the warp torrent psychic weapon

the 5+ fnp may work against the malignant profile (every wound caused by perils gives more S and shots) due to the 5+ fnp, but it also means you wont delete a chunk of your squad by accident just because you wanted the AP3
>>
>>92630456
Yes. This too is a lie.
>>
Odds that we are actually getting melee weapons next month?
>>
>>92628887
Nobody fucking likes Lorgar
>>
File: 1714040590589631.png (267 KB, 512x512)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>92621123
Looks amazing anon! Please do more!
>>
>>92622689
Thanks for the guide anon, saving this.
>>
>£40 for 50pts of sentinels

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>92630187
I think I've posted him a couple of times here before hhhh. here he is with his other gun arm
>>92630608
I plan to! maybe I'll try do some more elaborate lighting setups
>>
File: Resized_20240427_103722.jpg (260 KB, 1049x899)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
Conversion beam extrapitor or however it's spelled.
BFG 30,000
>>
>>92631016
Thanks, he is a very handsome fellow.
Is it a plastic Venerable Dreadnought as a base model with a Contemptor head and Forgeworld arms?
>>
>Vrooom!
>>
How do i model seekers?
Just regular tacticals with special weapons?
What do i do about the kraken bolters?
>>
>>92631552
Scopes
>>
>>92631709
K
>>
File: IMG_0206.jpg (776 KB, 982x2053)
776 KB
776 KB JPG
>>92628887
Still the best legion.
>>
>>92630606
Seeing the Truth too much for you anon?
>>
>>92632078
Azhek Ahriman ruins everything again as usual.
>>
>>92624242
I like guns, read Storm of Iron when I was 14, and might be autistic. There really wasn't another option.
>>
>>92619106
You are not more courageuos than your regular crackhead trying bathsalts for his first time.
>>
>>92624242
Originally I was big into Blood Angels, but then my buddy went “you’d probably like Imperial Fists, they do what you do for work” which pretty much sealed the deal since they were “the bolter marines”
>>
>>92624242
>not a single baldie among them
The artist should feel bad about this.
>>
>>92632704
You are a bolter? I want a bolter plushie
>>
>>92619999
Someone has to do the job, brother. Sometimes you are just there to make the other guy look like a million dollars. The thing is doing It looking good yourself. Like heel rick flair.
>>
File: IMG_20240427_185337.jpg (3.3 MB, 3456x4608)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB JPG
Do you guys have any advice for getting these godawful arms to cooperate?
>>
>>92632903
Off the top of my head, not all the arms and weapons are interchangeable, and they don't properly connect at every point along their rotation. Always prefit.

Also greenstuff/liquid greenstuff/sprue goo.
>>
File: 20240101_033430.jpg (674 KB, 2767x2104)
674 KB
674 KB JPG
Any other World Eater anons lurking? What paints do you guys use for weathering? Trying to step up my guys. Pic was corvus black
>>
RG characters when?
It's the mk6 edition and RG releases have been worse than nothing.
I'm looking at you mk6 RG upgrade
>>
>>92632903
1. Follow the instructions: the arms, weapons and bodies are not interchangeable.

2. Dry fit before gluing, and see how the arms are supposed to orient on the torso using the small fitting tabs.

3. Glue the arms to the torso, and then immediately glue the weapon to the arms. Use the working time of the glue to make any small adjustments and ensure proper alignment.

It shouldn't require any filler / greenstuff, unless you fuck up.
>>
>>92633652
Why are Ravem Guard players so whiny.

Have unique units, lots of 3d printed support, an entire armor mark of their own, strong units, and still cry all the damn time
>>
>>92633706
What legion do you play?
>>
>>92633732
Iron Warriors.
>>
>>92633953
NTA but IW players are just insufferable. An entire player base who thinks they’re autistic savants because they’re socially awkward and 51st percentile, who then go on to spam eight billion shit memes every thread.
>>
File: wrong.gif (437 KB, 480x287)
437 KB
437 KB GIF
>>92633706
>Have unique units
Don't they have the fewest of any legion? possibly joint with IH
>lots of 3d printed support
Nothing compared to a lot of the others.
>an entire armor mark of their own
pic related
>strong units
Upper mid at best.
Maybe there's complaints because those complaints are valid.
>>
>>92633953
Explains so much
>>
Chad legions with WS5 terminators > Alpha Legion thieves > the rest
>>
>>92634082
>Thousand Sons, who have to buy their psychic powers
>>
>>92633953
False flagging much?
>>
>>92634039
No my Rending 5 up with shred and bonus to toughness are so bad.

Definitely the same as red hand destroyers or wolfpacks
>>
File: 1712383754130067.png (171 KB, 588x412)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>white scars book that so much as involves some Tsons schmuck is trash
not even chris wraight could redeem them, nor prevent them from ruining everything else
>>
>>92633706
>Assault Squads and Dark Talons are redundant with the LA RG rule
>LA cavalry options get 5+ Shrouded when running by default, meaning only Sabres and Flyers benefit outside of Decapitation Strike RoW, and even then only get 6+
>Recons, Scouts, Seekers, etc. don't benefit from the LA RG trait at all
>Their Night Vision and +1 BS wargear option is redundant with the practically mandatory benefits Vox and Cognis give.
>Traitor Deliverers would be redundant without deep strike
>Breachers don't benefit from LA RG at all
I could go on and on.
>>
>>92634275
>No my Rending 5 up with shred and bonus to toughness are so bad.
the 0-1 unit that only gets a decent number of attacks by dropping all units, has no retinue rule (unless most unique terminators) and no access to thunder hammers? Yeah, ground-breaking.
>Definitely the same as red hand destroyers
Do you want to pull Falax blades into this? I don't think you want to pull falax blades into this.
>or wolfpacks
Shall we compare the RG LA (with several layers of useless redundancy) to the SW LA (Which is not only food in and of itself but also has backup rules in case of redundancy? Should we do that?
>>
>>92634430
*dropping all shooting, not all units.
>>
>>92631492
mostly, yeah. the leg and side panels are from the furioso kit, claw is the old resin boxnaught one from FW and the gun arm is converted from the sponson heavy bolters with the contemptor drum mag
>>
>>92634430
>LA (Which is not only food in and of itself but also has backup rules in case of redundancy? Should we do that?
Different anon, tell me about the wolves. I hear they can run, shoot (as snapshots) and charge. That sounds real strong.
But does it get around shooting Rapid Fired guns and charging?
>>
>>92634420
Please do go on. Let it all out.
>>
>>92634493
They can do that, but if the unit can't run for some reason (such as Cata) they get +1WS on a successful charge.

Now compare with RG: If you have a JP or are a terminator, you reroll any to-wound rolls of 1. But since rerolls don't stack, this is completely lost/useless on any weapon with shred.
So... lightning claws, chainswords... things your terminators/JP marines would have.
>>
>>92634520
Oof rip assault RG. What should they have instead? +1" to charge?
But does that mean space wolf tacticals can run, shoot bolters and charge? As in, does that really jump over the restriction that rapid fire guns disallow charges?
>>
File: Burning-of-Prospero.jpg (360 KB, 1920x1080)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>>92632078
NEEEEERRRRRRDS
>>
>>92634430
Rampagers are the only usable unique WE unit lol i would rather all 3 be usable than rending 4 any day. Also ravens claws with shred rend just as much.

Id rather have redundancy any day over unusable units
>>
>>92634657
>>92634585
>What should they have instead? +1" to charge?
The easiest fix is just was reroll 1s to wound with reroll 1s to hit, since that only really conflicts with a chaplain, and the Chaplain's still better (reroll all, not just 1s)
>But does that mean space wolf tacticals can run, shoot bolters and charge?
That I don't know, I'm afraid.
>Also ravens claws with shred rend just as much.
Only true against T5+
For T4 or less, any wound that isn't a shred isn't rerolled, because it's not a failed roll.
>>
>>92634363
>PoH
>trash
It's better than Scars anon, are you saying that Warhawk is the only good WS book?
>>
>>92634700
>Warhawk is the only good WS book
perhaps?
i certainly regard it as the best of the lot
it helps that the backdrop of it all so to speak is very grave and late in the drama
faffing around in the void with a thumb up your ass pondering whether or not to finally go home and man the battlements isn't terribly stirring to me at least
>>
>>92634676
>The easiest fix is just was reroll 1s to wound with reroll 1s to hit, since that only really conflicts with a chaplain, and the Chaplain's still better (reroll all, not just 1s)
Oh right. Aight that's fine
>>
Question, i assume Exoshock doesn't affect Dreads/Robots?
>>
>>92616216
Buying some (recast) headhunters soon, what's the best armour / kit to use for the legs and stuff? I want to avoid chopping up my Mkvi if I can
>>
>>92634657
>Rampagers are the only usable unique WE unit
chainaxe tacticals called and they want you to suck their toes
>>
>>92634799
Tacticals? Not Despoilers? You just want to pay 1.5 times for the same thing?
>>
>>92634844
why would you field despoilers when you can instead field rampagers?
>>
>>92634851
Yeah no I'd just field Rampagers, maybe Red Hands too idk. Just not Red Butchers :^)
>>
Anyone use the Black Library ebooks? Can i download them on my phone? Alternatively anyone got the angron short story collection or primarch novel?

>>92634912
Red hands are perfect for playing at a deficit for narrative missions
>>
>>92634509
>Their non-fast vehicles get jack shit this is true for many legions, but every legion deserves their vehicles to have rules
>Terminators with raven's talons are redundant
>The traitor RG WL trait discourages you from taking a Praetor; the higher the WS, the lesser the return
>Most generic RoW don't benefit RG at all
>Ranged dreadnoughts and automata don't benefit at all
>SA RG get capped in the Liberation RoW get capped
>This guy >>92634676 is right, but that's a problem with Shred in general
>Their shattered legions rules are shit
>They don't have praetor models yet, and no the starter kit plastic praetors ones don't count
>Their special Storm Eagles mentioned in the fluff don't have rules
>Why at all would you take drop pods for any non-terminators in RG?
>Mor Dreythan and Dark Talon models are in need of an update because of the scale change, but good luck keeping them looking good
>Their inductii are in a strange spot because their ability doesn't make them any less vulnerable, meaning their utility is questionable
>The army better look damn interesting if their rules are shit, which is difficult with RG due to being black and white and lacking in aesthetic compared to other legions with shitty rules like SA and TS kudos to our resident RG players
>Dark Talons and Loyalist Deliverers in AL are arguably better, kek
>Are only Fellow Warriors with IA despite the fluff, making Sworn Brothers with Mechanicum all the more confusing when SA have it with both
>You'll be seen as That Guy if you bring both Dark Talons and Deliverers

>>92634420
>Their Night Vision and +1 BS wargear option is redundant with the practically mandatory benefits Vox and Cognis give.
I meant Scanner, not Cognis. That being said, the benefits of the Scanner and Vox far outweigh Night Vision on its own. It's redundant on ranged infantry, useless on melee units with a vexilla, and BS 6 is useless unless you bump it up to 7.
>>
File: 20230904_083033.jpg (3.22 MB, 4128x3096)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB JPG
>>92634949
damn. and i though i had it bad for my sallies. but the legion special units are top tier (and the reaction's pretty fucking great too)
>>
>>92634949
>>Their special Storm Eagles mentioned in the fluff don't have rules
They did in 1.0. They made the conscious decision to remove them in 2.0 and no give them legacies rules.
>>
>>92634949
>>You'll be seen as That Guy if you bring both Dark Talons and Deliverers
So they're good
>>
>>92634949
Most of this shit is true for other legions too. Almost none of this is RG specific. And other legions dont get the good wargear or units RG have
>>
>>92635046
They are, but they don't benefit from the LA rule at all without ID weapons and are arguably better as AL Rewards of Treachery. It doesn't look so good if most of your viable options are busted when the rest of the faction is shit without them.
>>
>>92635046
They're fine if a bit gimmicky, but certainly not better than their equivalents.
DFs certainly aren't better than Locutarus or falax blade JP rampagers.
>>
>>92635091
I'm not sure it is. Unique units gaining no benefit from the LA sure isn't a common issue.
>>
>>92635091
>Most of this shit is true for other legions too
Then fix it for other legions too. You aren't fooling anyone, James.

>other legions dont get the good wargear or units RG have
Most other legions have their all stars as well. Only TS have it worse when it comes to their legion specific units, most of which are also better in AL.
>>
>>92634430
Just to be very clear, there’s only three decent shooting temris, and only one of those is even half decent in melee. Deliverers are the single most durable terminators in the game. They’re the only temris that can compete with red butchers and Varagyr in melee (though they take longer to do the same wounds, they’re able to more reliably weather enemies attacks which let them lay down more wounds in the long run. They’re also the only termis that can stand up to thunder hammer spam. Not having retinue really isn’t that meaningful unless you’re playing a 4k+ game with no LoWs.

Mor Deythan are also extremely good, though mostly just as a one shot way of clearing heavy infantry (rending 4+ combi-volkites + scout).

They’re not the best legion, but they’re far from the worst.
>>
File: IMG_0207.jpg (309 KB, 942x748)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
>>92634639
>>
>>92634778
Their armour kits are based on MkIV, but you could also go with the old (the good one) MkVI kit.
>>
>>92635541
>They’re also the only termis that can stand up to thunder hammer spam.
Apart from Morlocks, Justaerin and Huscarls (The latter two only for the opening turn, granted)
>>
>>92635541
>>92635667
Forgot Deathshroud as well, with 2+/4++, native battled hardened and 3w
>>
>>92635677
2+/5++, got the armours mixed up again. They do have battle hardened and 3W though.
>>
>>92634949
You are rightfully angry, but sometimes severe. Thanks though, I'll look at them.
>>Are only Fellow Warriors with IA despite the fluff
The fluff where they routinely leave their mortal allies to die, having them be the worst legion for humans to be attached to among the likes of IW, IH and WE, that fluff?
The guys who let Thorosian Voltigeurs suffer 100,000 casualties in a day? And then Corax swore those times were over...then lost 60,000 militia at Carinae and the legion had to kill them themselves, then abandoned the campaign, turning something that should've taken weeks into a seven months long affair that costed the lives of yet more thousands? Then the Thorian Cohorts were sacrificed to a man to provide the extraction of Corax from Istvaan V, got reconstituted...then sacrificed again when they were tasked to fight entrenched EC at the Perfect Fortress of Narsis for three days ALONE.
That fluff? Hell no lmao.
>making Sworn Brothers with Mechanicum all the more confusing when SA have it with both
Raven Guard are Americans, Mechanicum are Japanese. That's why they are Sworn Brothers: you become best friends with the guys you nuke.
>the benefits of the Scanner and Vox far outweigh Night Vision on its own
Both are fine on their own accord. Though personally I don't have a use for Voxes. I seldom use artillery and it's often already dawn when melee is met.
>BS 6 is useless unless you bump it up to 7.
Use Gets Hot guns and say that again. Saw a Lyssatra IW get a Cognis not for the Night Vision, but for the BS6. Re rolling AP2 gets hot was a boon by itself
>>
>>92635703
>The fluff where they routinely leave their mortal allies to die, having them be the worst legion for humans to be attached to among the likes of IW, IH and WE, that fluff?
We doing this disingenuous shit again?
The RG are shown to do that precisely twice. Once in the early crusade, where they weren't under Corax's rules and were encouraged to be the most brutal bastards possible, and once after Istvaan V, when the RG didn't have the marines needed to protect their mortal allies and take the fortress. But yes, these two noted exceptions are obviously purely representative of how RG were at all times.
>>
File: images (1) (15).jpg (59 KB, 470x470)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>92635541
>Are Red Butchers the best terminators among the legiones Astartes?
>>Red Butchers aren't even the best terminators in the World Eaters
Those guys are a joke bro
>>
File: happened.gif (711 KB, 374x300)
711 KB
711 KB GIF
>>92635703
>Then the Thorian Cohorts were sacrificed to a man to provide the extraction of Corax from Istvaan V,
>>
>>92635703
>Both are fine on their own accord. Though personally I don't have a use for Voxes. I seldom use artillery and it's often already dawn when melee is met.
They also help with Deep Strikes.

>>92635703
>Use Gets Hot guns and say that again. Saw a Lyssatra IW get a Cognis not for the Night Vision, but for the BS6. Re rolling AP2 gets hot was a boon by itself
That's an outlier.

Have you actually read the rules?
>>
>>92635541
>there’s only three decent shooting temris
Three?
Good: Fulmentarii, Tyrants (okay in melee)
Decent: Grave Wardens, Varagyr (all autocannons/heavy flamers), Contekar (all volkite cavitors/heavy flamers). You'd think Firedrakes would be able to take all heavy flamers, but not.
>>
>>92635677
>>92635687
Death shroud are unbelievable tanky. Too bad their scythes only work with rad grenades, else they're dumb stuff
>>
>>92635722
Carinae, its 60,000 dead Imperial Army and its 7 month delay, were all with Corax right after he swore his legion wasn't going to abandon their attached human forces.
Then he abandoned his attached human forces and sent 30 Moritats after one guy.
To be honest, that was some cool shit.
>>
>>92635895
The 60,000 dead were killed because Corax didn't predict an age-of-strike bioweapon that he had no way of knowing about. Clearly, he's showing massive contempt for his men with that one, what a cunt.

And yes, his desire for retribution cost that campaign - it's an example of one of his flaws blinding him to the wider picture. It wasn't him hating the mortals under his command. It's another example of an exception to his typical behaviour.
>>
File: 20240428_011846.jpg (5.02 MB, 4096x3072)
5.02 MB
5.02 MB JPG
Barry 63

Thoughts on my ogryn so far?
my lighting is a bit crap at the moment
>>
>>92635845
Fulmentarii, tyrants, and Varagyr were what I was talking about. Grave wardens and contekar are just too short range to be what I’d call a shooting unit.
>>
>>92636011
Haha, BERRY

…Barry?
>>
>>92636011
what does he see that's got him so spooked?
>>
>>92636062
The truth
>>
>>92636062
the fact that his melee weapons are only S7 AP3 so any artificier armour is gonna cuck him
>>
File: 1712794128395467.png (413 KB, 847x760)
413 KB
413 KB PNG
>>92636079
>arrive at ontological truth
>in a vessel where your hands have been replaced with carcass rendering machines
i wonder how that would fly
>>
>>92636114
I imagine quite a lot of body parts would end up flying.
>>
>>92634639
>Primaris marine
Opnion discarded
>>
I'm going to start painting some Deathwing Companions soon, but I find the lore/official paintjob sorta weird. As I understand it you can paint your armor bone white if you suffer a mortal wound there in defense of a comrade. Am I understanding that right? So I guess all the Companions are karate blocking bolt rounds with their legs and stuff. (Allegedly) mortal wounds, no less. I'm thinking of either painting them all bone, or much less bone. Any thoughts/ideas?
>>
>>92635951
He doesn't need to hate his mortals, abandoning them and having them be bait is enough.
>>
>>92636548
>having them be bait
Damn, you're writing more stuff than BL ever did.
>>
Are Vanquisher cannons really worth it at 125 a pop?
>>
>>92636581
>Corax didn't use the Thorosian as bait at Narsis
>Corax didn't abandon the IA attached to him so he could hunt down one guy, fucking the entire campaign in the process
NTA it's pretty clear what the other anon is talking about bro.
>>
>>92636632
Brutal lascannons on a durable, mobile platform that can also pick up three more lascannons cheaply? Yes.

Don’t underestimate how useful the mobility and durability are (assuming you play with some sort of house rule to shooting reactions, otherwise there’s nothing worth taking besides HSS and dreads).
>>
>>92636733
>Corax didn't use the Thorosian as bait at Narsis
He did, and I've explained twice why this was unusual.
>Corax didn't abandon the IA attached to him so he could hunt down one guy, fucking the entire campaign in the process
He didn't. The IA immediately attached to him were killed by the bioweapon, and the few hours he spent killing the arch-comptroller gave the enemy some time to regroup. The losses happened after that, when the RG were back fighting alongside them. The losses taken when the RG "Abandoned" them were a tiny fraction of them.
And the original point was the anon trying to say RG are the worst legion for IA to fight alongside, while citing exclusively excerpts that make clear this is out of the norm for the RG to act this way.
>>
>>92636980
>>92636980
>>92636980

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.