[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Previously: >>92608403

>OFFICIAL Commander website, where you can learn the rules, see the current banlist, and read the format philosophy, laid down by the rules committee:
https://mtgcommander.net/

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com/

>Deck List Sites: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net
https://www.archidekt.com
https://www.moxfield.com

>CARD SEARCH
https://scryfall.com

>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM

>how to proxy using any printer
https://mtgprint.cardtrader.com/

>TQ/prompt: have you met any insufferable people in your games? What did they do?
>>
>>92619645
>TQ
Not so much insufferable, but just completely unable to retain information. Played this shit in Ramos and asked what foretold cards are. It also featured mono coloured cards that basically do nothing like a 6 mana mono green creature giving him 4 life on etb. Can't for the life of him understand the difference between cast and etb (or how the stack works) and thinks equipments get auto-equipped. Also tried to equip mid-combat after an Etali trigger.
Mind you, he's been playing for years already. But it doesn't matter. He also can't distinguish activated and triggered abilities. There's so much more, but the gist of it is that he seems to have a severe learning disability at the very least.
>>
Gay Bolas
>>
>>92619645
There's a guy in my table that scoops upon seeing Teferi, Time Raveler played.
He'll play through MLD and stax but apparently Teferi is too much for him.
>>
>>92619764
Used to have a similar "problem" player in our pod. Guy was completely out to lunch and consumed by the cards in his hand and how he plays out his next turn, and absolutely didnt listen when someone took their turn. Everytime someone passed or it was his turn he snapped back and asked for a quick rundown. Because of this and general ignorance he had the worst threat assessment too, he basically just took one look at a random board and picked one card he thought was best to remove, didnt even consider Commanders, general gameplans and stages other players/boards were in. Allergic to interaction in his direction too.
He rarely managed to win because of this, which bothered him a lot so he kind of quit. We all tried to give him advice, which he obviously never listened to, he was basically completely resistant to it
He also prefered commanders that maximizes his own game Actions and allowed him to play Solitaire as much as possible. He never practiced those, so a turn wurd take at least 5 minutes longer than it should have, so good riddance i guess
>>
>>92619645
>TQ
Yes. I have an autistic tard at my LGS, who constantly says really mean shit to players when he inevitably loses or gets targeted for being a fuckhead. I tell him to go away and hope he doesn't buy a gun and shoot up the LGS.
>>
>>92619645
>TQ
We have a guy who basically doesn't ever pay attention to literally anything going on in a turn, has actively fallen asleep during games because he's so busy being "comfy" while sitting with us, and otherwise asked for what cards do immediately after they're explained. The real big one though is how much he hates when we interact with his board. He plays Dimir Zombies led by Scarab God or sometimes led with Wilhelt and does the generic make zombie tokens thing and every single time there's a boardwipe when he has lethal he gets angry and tells us not to use it.
>make 20 zombie tokens
>actually resolve Rooftop Storm
>have Scarab God with a dozen zombies out
>angry that anyone touches it
And I'd get it if he was just like "man fuck you" or something more funny or in jest, but it gets like "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING I'M NOT A THREAT I JUST WANNA LOOK AT MY BIG BOARDSTATE MAN COME ON, PLEASE DON'T BOARDWIPE??" and it persists for several turns. We stopped playing with him and he "went back to Arena".
>>
>>92619645
>TQ
I have one friend who will remove my stuff simple because he "doesn't understand" what I'm doing has "no interest to learn" and "knows it's gonna lead to bullshit".
I love the fella and his threat assessment is usually correct.
>>
Thirty (30) starting life is objectively superior to fourty (40)
>>
I love cost reducers more than I love mana rocks
>>
>>92620288
My favourite face smashing gameplan would have it so much easier, so i disagree
>>
>>92620315
Favorite redoocer? mine is this fella
>>
>TQ
of course I know him, he's me
>get banned from playing all sorts of decks because I take too long with the turns
>trick one of best friends to constantly join magic even tho he doesn't want to play anymore (yeah bro we're doing movie night, maybe just a little magic if they boys are coming too)
>smoked a joint outside of LGS but didn't finish it, put it out and pocketed it, sat down in a pod, noticed that my pocket started smelling, ignored it and played an entire game while the guy next to me was visibly uncomfortable
>bring a new decks every week, friend complains he's still building a deck to counter some deck I brought weeks ago
>forget my dice, mat etc every other time, constantly borrow shit for playing
>manipulated players into attacking each other while not profiting from it in the slightest and then proceeded to lose the game anyways
>>
File: 1685837423128083.jpg (308 KB, 672x936)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>92620322
>>
>>92619825
Maybe he is just sick of hard r cards?
>>
>>92620326
i played with some pothead friends and wasnt able to play after taking 2 hits from their blunts. i turn into a vegetable and take 15 minute for the most basic plays
>building a deck to counter another deck
lmao what a faggot, what is the endgame here? taking turns forever picking the hard counter for the other players pick?
>>
>>92620357
>i turn into a vegetable and take 15 minute for the most basic plays
friend told me a story of a pothead once, friend of a friend, who would legit take half an hour per turn in a multiplayer commander game, and they played for ~6-8 hours
>lmao what a faggot, what is the endgame here?
it was because I was playing some mill steal decks, and he tried building a deck that profits from enemies constantly milling you
>>
File: image.png (1.78 MB, 1006x1404)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB PNG
>be me
>Temur energy fag
>not expecting much from MH3 because they put it in the wrong colors
>get handed Gilded Drake
Fuck, man, I'm already running Panharmonicon and token doublers. If I land this and duplicate it twice with Riku, the board's going to be a goddamn mess.
>>
>>92619645
>TQ
The worst one I’ve met was someone who had all of the Commander 2017 precons. He did not know how basic things worked, like indestructible, sacrificing. The worst part is, you could tell he was a fucking cumbraín and he probably browses 4chan/reddit on the regular, maybe reading this right now.
>>
>deck works wonders in cockatrice and theory
>36 lands and 14 pieces of ramp
>play irl and get the absolute worst draws possible
I mean, it was only 3 games, but damn, I must shuffle the deck improperly, right?
>>
>>92619645
>TQ
>Guy plays extremely high power decks even when other people at the table are running sub-precon jank
>Decks are heavily proxies and almost all the proxies are hard to identify at a distance
>Likes to play Kingdoms-variants with custom Game of Thrones roles cards
>Scoops when people team up against him
I feel like a single one of these flaws would be excusable but all of them combined really is off-putting.
>>
File: mma-111-dragonstorm.jpg (269 KB, 672x936)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
This card is so fucking ass.
>Need to tutor it
>9 cmc
>Doesn't actually do anything without targets
>Targets must all be in deck so you need handfixers or multiple setups. Either way you're wasting deck space just to stop your combo from bricking by being drawn.
>Has absolutely zero synergy with its targets because they're all overcosted as fuck on top of being expensive in general, therefore, consequently horrible for building storm count
>Difficult to actually close games on the turn it resolves so it's still possible you just get blown out
>So bad even the spellslinger dragon commander doesn't want to run it, and you don't want to run the spellslinger dragon in the 99 with this
>>
>>92620567
with 100 cards, there is just too much luck involved.
I currently run 36 lands, 10 cheap ramp (<3cmc) , 5 cheap draw and a few more expensive draw pieces in my beatdown deck. half of the time, I mulligan'd down to 5 cards, the other half I was mana flooded.
I started to use more cycle and recursion, but ultimately, you can never fully combat these inconsistencies with a big deck.
>>
>>92620807
flavor over efficiency
>>
>>92620807
And yet that one anon with the dragonbro still lost to it

If it was just storm and 'create a 4/4 dragon token with flying and haste' then it'd be playable in some izzet nonsense
>>
>>92620807
I've seen this card win games a lot
>>
>playing pic rel at fnm
>starting hand has 2 lands, Oppression, Waste Not and the rest all 3 mana goodies
>itsabouttogodown.gif
>draw 0 lands for four entire turns, get pummelled
This is the third fucking time this deck has done this. I swear it's cursed.
and yes I run plenty of rocks + draw
>>
>tq
So far the only person I've met that's insufferable at my current locals is one guy who genuinely got angry about someone hand shuffling while he took 20 minutes to do nothing on his turn, he plays higher power decks then gets angry if he starts to lose to any deck, and if someone's actually trying to win he throws a tantrum, and he also runs like 15 fucking board wipes because he doesn't want the game to end. But if you kill his commander a single time he basically gives up, or if you use any removal at all he starts yelling about cedh, I haven't seen him in a month so I don't know if he goes to our shop anymore, I've played against worse shit but at least he's the only obnoxious person at my current locals
>>
>>92620910
But do you run enough lands? Ramping on a turn where you miss a land drop is basically -1 card advantage to yourself. Never miss a land drop
>>
If you clone someone's commander then gift it to them with John, the legend rule would force them to sac the original right?
The gifted creature gains 'cant be sacrificed' so would they be forced to sac commander or since legend rule works on SBAs would it ignore that part?
>>
>>92621088
The SBA doesn't explicitly sacrifice iirc. It doesn't cause things like Mazirek to trigger, so I assume they can kill the clone.
>>
>>92621021
id get pissy at my com get stp'd for no reason on t3 but if that's all it takes for your deck to fold, you need to back to the drawing board
>>
>>92620014
You described exactly the one girl in our pod. Just add that she would always be trying to have a conversation about some banal unrelated bullshit between her turns so when it got to her turn you would often have to tell her multiple times to go before she began her long and poor attempt at understanding what she missed in the meantime.

Let me add that she is primarily a blue player and if, while trying to catch herself up on what happened while she was busy talking about some bullshit Netflix show she saw or how noble sex workers are, she notices someone played something problematic, she will try to say something like “oh wait I meant to counter that.” And I always have to be the one telling her it’s too late and urging her to pay attention.

Her turns are the longest by far since her adhd brain rot makes it so she’s never paying attention. yet she always complains about how long games are.
>>
>>92619663
Yeah that's one of the many combo cards in the deck. It's good why wouldn't you run it. It's like saying wow you run x staple combo piece for x commander gayyy. You're just one of those fags that has problems with combos, tutors and high level cards in general. The way you're crying about chatterfang and tutors makes you sound like you'd cry over any infinite combo, any tutoring, hell stax as well.
>>
File: IMG_1883.jpg (156 KB, 672x936)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>92620807
*powercreeps you*
>>
Haven't been to LGS in awhile since I mainly play with friends. Man nothing has changed, you guys are still far as fuck, if not even fatter these days. And still reek of shit. Go outside and walk a bit everyday
>>
>>92621146
That's the kind of player you try to kill first.
>>
Are wurms good in casual play?
I play gruul only but it's annoying trying to fit in all the red and green cards I like into one deck so a monogreen sounds fun.
>>
>>92619645
the judge in the lgs i visit. we dont play tournaments so we dont need a judge but the guy has to rule lawyer every time and has to have the last word. he finally leaves me and my pod alone after i violated every rule in the book playing against him and annoyed him to no end.
>>
>>92621167
>Storm scale is apparently a thing
>Annihilator is a fucking 9 out of 10 on it
>Seen 3 new instances of storm in the past 8 months and 4 instances (and counting) of annihilator in the past year
The storm scale is a joke
>>
>>92621328
Storm Scale only applies to Standard sets.
>>
>>92621146
heh, turns out you dont have to have a very high IQ to play blue
>>92621214
better this way, than them dragging you both down with their terrible threat assessment and stupid plays.
i like my mate who is like this and we all would have a much more enjoyable games if only he'd pay more attention, why wont he understandu?
>>
>>92620567
It's very simple ilto check if you are shuffling wrong.
Grab around 25 sleeves of a color until you have 100. Shuffle then and check if the sleeves are being randomized or not.
Many times I see that the way people shuffle, either entire sections are barely randomized or the cards on top or bottom never rotate.
>>
>Decide to play a precon right out of the box
>Grand Larceny
>Me against a pod of two, mono green Omnath and a golgari dude that exiles creatures if they would die
>End up stealing some of their best cards, like west Kodama, heroic intervention, and a basic land tutor for each land you have
>Biggest problem was the golgari guy who kept making me sacrifice my creatures, and even then I barely lost, I was one turn away from winning
Holy shit, I love precons now
>>
>>92621501
Excuse me, EAST Kodama
>>
It sucks trying to build a Tribal deck when there are very few actual Tribal Matters cards for it.
Phyrexian Tribal for example has like 7 cards total that say the word "Phyrexians" on it and most are overstatted Incubators and checking "Phyrexian creature" just results in 6 more cards with nothing substantial.
No tutors, no cost reducers, no nothing. Sucks man, especially for a creature type that has a solid amount of cards in it (450+ of them)
>>
>>92621621
tribals are more fun to build around and make work if there is less support.
They erratad a shitton of cards to have the phyrexian type when kaldheim was released, check it out
>>
File: mtgwilly.jpg (985 KB, 1179x1105)
985 KB
985 KB JPG
>>92621621
i'm kinda the opposite, my zombie deck is drowning in cards but literally cant put them all in so i bounce between cards alot
>>
>>92621663
I find it more fun when there is inter-connectivity and payoff as opposed to a seemingly random pile of cards.
Like Merfolk have a lot of cards that interact with each other: cost reducers, stat buffers, giving your stuff different keywords, casting shit from the top of your library, drawing cards etc.
Phyrexians have barely any inter-connectivity and is just a schizo mess even when ignoring the random stuff that has been erratad
>>
>>92621501
>get almost any precon from the post-COVID era (ideally one from Capenna, Brothers, Caverns, Karlov, or Outlaws)
>Cut out 10ish cards to trim some of the fat
>Add some budget good stuff or interesting synergy cards from the associated set
This has been my favorite way to play EDH recently. 10 upgrades is usually enough for a recent precon to play against 80% of my playgroup's decks. I have like 8 tweaked precons from the recent sets
>>
>>92621621
Take all the generic changling shit and paint it up with glistening oil, instantly flavorful Phyrexian support.
>>
i'm newish to mtg i thought phyrexians were a big deal i asumed they'd have alot of cards
>>
>>92621743
They do have a lot of cards. But, for most of their existence, they didn’t have a dedicated creature type, so they don’t have much in the way of tribal enablers.
>>
>>92621721
this is just chill, there is barely anything too oppressive about them, except maybe the Commander Masters ones.
i like brewing myself more, but i tend to overshoot it to just play them against new players. i want to buy the Party Time Precon and adjust it for this reason. Maybe i will become more of a Preocn player again, with just slightly adjusted lists instead of fully optimized ones
>>
>>92621732
450+ cards to choose from and you still want to add changelings damn.

the oil Idea is pretty cool though
>>
>>92621716
if tribes are like this, i feel like they build themselves a bit too much, but i get the yearning for a more overarching theme.
I absolutely love my Esper Rogues deck, but Rogues pretty much do cool shit on their own and at least there was Prowl around. Also they tend to print decent Rogues every now and then, especially in Thunder Junction
>>
File: phyrexian-infiltrator.jpg (142 KB, 298x431)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>92621765
>for most of their existence, they didn’t have a dedicated creature type
but now that they do, it was retroactively added to dozens of their older cards (which is only reflected in Gatherer ruling)
>>
>>92621721
I've recently picked the game up with Blood Rites and whatever spare precon the guys at my local shop bring and I've genuinely been surprised at how enjoyable it is. It's been a long time since I've found a game with kits for new players that haven't been noob traps or a money pit needing mass upgrades
>>
>>92621865
to be fair, the commander precons massively improved over the past couple years. only thing still kinda shit is the mana base
>>
File: 49qb1nrc1uwc1.jpg (66 KB, 640x960)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>leakers intentionally hides cost and name because theyre fags
Its 2G and apparently named Polygoyf
>>
>>92621899
So I guess the Jund deck has a goyf subtheme?
>>
>>92621721
New Capenna was such a fucking good set for Commander, i want a new set so bad.
I like almost every Precon (except Perrie, just play Falco Spara instead), and i still find interesting Legendaries from that plane from time to time.
Henzie might be my favorite Precon Commander of all time
>>
File: zg12vjpbguwc1.png (434 KB, 508x679)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
Oh, yeah, definitely a goyf theme in the Jund deck.
>>
>>92621954
its pretty much a goyf tribe from what i ve seeen
>>
>>92620807
this card is for Rowan to blow out tables with 3 simultaneous combos and that's pretty much it, I fear
>>
>>92621899
He actually reposted with a better picture that does show the cost, that was apparently true human error. And you can’t blame a man for trying to avoid getting Pinkerton-ed.
>>
File: zg12vjpbguwc1.jpg (52 KB, 508x679)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>92621954
Yes
>>
>>92621849
Not all of them, though, which pisses me off. Pic related.
But my larger point was that the lack of tribal support stems from them only having two printed sets out of their entire history for which the creature type was referenceable. Sucks that those sets landed smack in the middle of the era of “This ability triggers/Do this only once each turn.”
>>
>>92621976
>>92621899
>goyf reduced to a commander meme tribe
Man...
>>
>>92621849
>>92622013
>Pic related
>forget pic
Today, I am the retard.
>>
>>92622015
Commander is where tribes and archetypes come to die.
i dont get why people want to be spoonfed so much and wish for a dedicated Energy Commander instead of being creative and just building around one, and now we got 4 back to back
>>
>>92622071
we've had an energy commander for a long time. she was called atraxa.
>>
>>92622015
Correction, tarmogofy has been reduced to a token.
>>
I'm gonna try to learn cedh tonight
>>
Can you guys imagine how unplayable moronic it will be when commander is on MTGA?
Its awful enough as a 1v1 game, you load into a match and spend 5 minutes waiting for someone to rope out
how is that supposed to work with 4 players
It doesn't even have a chat system
>>
>>92622071
>now we got 4 back to back
The stunning thing is that literally none of them are in the color combination that people have been asking about for seven years. Of all the monkey's paws I was expecting, that one didn't even make the list. Personally, I didn't necessarily want a dedicated energy commander, but it seemed like the only way they were ever going to print more energy cards.
>>
>>92622015
Even worse is that its in the JUND commander precon in the Modern Horizons set. They are actively spiting Modern Jund boomers
>>
>>92622113
isnt their reasoning for commander not existing 'coding with this shit too hard'?
>>
>>92622084
>no red
Hard pass
>>
>>92622139
Meanwhile it works relatively fine on that fossil of a program that is called MODO.
>>
>>92622147
alright, play riku and copy all the energy producing creatures.
>>
>>92622139
Having no chat is an intentional choice
Programming multiplayer has been hinted at in the online-only cards they've already released so supposedly they're at least trying to make it happen

but the design choices just seem like it would be fucking unimaginable. You can play 1v1 games where someone wastes 20+ minutes of your time by taking too long for every action and there's a chess timer except it keeps giving them nearly infinite amounts of time each turn. Now imagine that with 3 players waiting every time 1 player is dwindling down their rope. Every single player needing to click to pass priority on every single action for every other player, one player afks during another players turn its gonna burn 3 minutes of rope before the game continues
>>
>>92622194
I do play Riku, but I’ve found that just copying the ETB triggers isn’t really the best way to generate energy, even for him. You really want things with consistent triggered abilities that generate energy, since most of the cards that just make it on ETB don’t have payouts that you actually care about.
>>
>>92619645
When I bought a Planar Chaos fat pack back in the day I got THREE blue Braids in my six boosters, one being foil.
I needed money later so they were part of a big card sell off I did right before Commander blew up in popularity.
>>
>>92619645
>have you met any insufferable people in your games? What did they do?
There's this one nigger guy who goes by "Shinobi"
>goes to discard, passes turn to my friend while he decides what to keep. takes back one of the discarded cards because it answers something my friend played
>double creature tutor. grab a nyxbloom ancient, fine. second tutor grabs meloku and "oh whoops i actually meant to grab kodama and not meloku!" tell him to put meloku back because i will have a response for kodama. he tells me just to do what i'm gonna do and i can't respond to it. i tell him he changed his mind i can respond to the 2nd tutor cast. reality shift kodama. finally stops being retarded and shuffles meloku back in the deck.
There's also my previously mentioned friend who underrates his decks and always uses the same combos and goodstuff.

>>92620242
uh based department?
>>
>>92620807
t. doesn't know about KCI Dragonstorm Kokusho combo
RIP Extended
>>
>>92622010
Net-Five fucking mana for creature a creature that normally costs 2 and isn't really seeing play anymore.
yeah, this card was totally worth the ink it took to make.

>"Net-6 mana", gotta tap the land you enchant too.
>>
>>92620014
Sounds similar enough, aside from my guy being chill about his shit skills. And while he mostly pays attention to the game, he can't follow it at all. He even straight up said to me, that I do things way too quickly for him to follow. But it's not like he asks what cards do.
>>
File: Anguish.png (790 KB, 960x732)
790 KB
790 KB PNG
>>92621146
>so she’s never paying attention. yet she always complains about how long games are.
My favourite type of player
>>
TQ: Blue control and Superfriend players. I dont think I need to elaborate
>>
>>92622010
>Kindred
I hate it already.
>>
>Goyf tribal
I can't wait for the constant okay I'll attack uhhhh guys how many creatures are in your graveyards
Also there's not enough support the only upgrades are going to be goodstuff
>>
>>92622777
It's better than typal. Luckily noone wants to use that absurd word that only a disordered brain can come up with to replace "tribal" with it.
>>
File: 1657818526310.jpg (223 KB, 587x555)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>92619645
>Blue now has a way to ramp up mana by placing lands directly from the hand to the field
for fucks sake, man.
>>
>tranny only uses the most powerful proxied netdecks against precons
>starts arm race, starts losing
>builds cedh deck, now swaps to it when the other decks lose
>less and less people are showing up to commander because of it
>only 4 people playing commander last night, one guy scoops, Cedh obviously wins turn 4, me and the other guy just leave

This player is becoming infamous for being shitty to play with, so people aren’t signing up to play other than sat/fri because they play magic every single day at 3 different game stores. The player doesn’t even get to play except in store assigned pods because no one wants to play with them, even myself now that they pull out cedh when confronted with even power level decks and there is no enforcement.

I just want to play silly fucking decks and chill, why do people feel the need to do this?
>>
>>92622889
Bro, blue has a way to do everything. Another anon a few threads ago said it best - Blue is the main character of MTG
>>
>>92622906
Lmao are you saying your lgs is full of such beta incels who would rather hide in their lairs than tell a tranny to fuck off?
>>
>>92622906
some people literally cannot help themselves and feel that they absolutely MUST optimize the fun out of the game. have a friend who does it. it's frustrating, but you just have to convince the group to send everything their way from T1 until they are dead or else you won't be able to play. i personally have made a deck that runs extract, sadistic sacrament, and a lot of the worse 3 mana cards that do something similar so i can just start removing every possible wincon they have. also run psychic surgery, psychogenic probe, and other anti-tutor cards. i run confounding conundrum to fuck with their fetchland use. just build and play to absolutely fuck their decks until they get the picture.
>>
>>92622523
There are so few of us black players in M:tG, that hearing any stories of them playing or acting badly gets me very angry. They reflect badly on the rest of us that just want to play the damn game.
>>
>>92621849
>we don't do functional errata
>we won't do X because we don't do functional errata
>we're doing functional errata now
>we still won't do X

The Nephelim not being legendary is so annoying
>>
>>92621976
They put a mana cost on a token for some reason
>>
File: mh2-197-garth-one-eye.jpg (179 KB, 672x936)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>92623009
it's not the first time
>>
>>92622139
Reminder that the reason banned as commander went away and that we couldn't just ban the otter as companion was because coding is hard
>>
>>92623000
I rule zero it. I’ve had a dune brood commander since before any 4c legends and I will continue to run that unless they print a legendary dune brood that is literally just the existing card, but legendary. Including type line.
>>
The new desert support from outlaws is just hasbro setting up for UB Dune
>>
>>92623025
banned as commander went away long before ikoria was even being developed. you are dumb.
>>
>>92623009
If you make a copy of an existing card, it has always had a mana cost. This is paying lip service to the greatest goy(f) so it has a mana cost.
>>
>>92623085
And this technically dates back to time spiral block, with the kobolds of her keep tokens.
They just didn’t need to specify the token had a mana cost since, you know.
>>
>>92621976
>>92621899
The goyfim know! Pinkertons shut them down!
>>
>>92622996
On the plus side, out of the 8 black players I've met at my LGS, 5 of them had zero issues and 1 lightskin used to be problematic but is better now
one stole both MTG and YGO cards and is banned from all three LGSes in my big town
>>
>they can make gay tarmogoyf tokens
>they can't make the dimir clock-maker with midnight clock tokens a real card
>>
>>92622996
The only black guys that show up to my local shop all play Dragonball
>>
>>92623254
it's not like several alchemy cards are impossible to make into paper cards. they just don't want to.
>free him
>>
I'm wanting to make a mld deck and trying to decide if I should go with jund soul of windgrace or abzan thalia and frog. Any anons care to give me some insight?
>>
>>92621501
same thing happened to me playing grand larceny I stole a doubling season two planeswalkers and a board wipe , hilarious.
>>
>>92623399
Don't build one, because you'll get one game with it and people will never let you play it again
>>
>>92623452
Might as well make a shitty proxy deck first
>>
>>92619645
How often do you guys buy precons? I basically never see them, or the cards from them, being played at my LGS outside of the UB ones.
>>
>>92623517
last precon i bought was the warhammer ones. was gifted a capenna precon last year. i regularly play cards from the decks, though. each precon set usually has at least one or two cards that are interesting enough to be played, and often are fairly cheap to pick up a little bit after release.
>>
File: file.png (3.14 MB, 2000x2000)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
>>92623517
Last one I bought was this for $15 on clearance at Walmart. I had no interest in the deck itself but at that price I had to pick it up.
>>
>>92622013
Any cards that interact with infect/toxic pretty much are Phyrexian tribal support (or tribal hate in cases of cards like Leeches and Melira) since those keywords are almost exclusively found on Phyrexian creatures. Hand of the Praetors for example pretty much is a Phyrexian lord-type creature except it gives +1/+1 to creatures with infect because Phyrexians didn't exist as a creature type yet.
>>
>>92623279
I kind of wish that the red Phyrexian Obliterator one was real, even though I have no idea what it actually does.
>>
>>92623517
I bought one of the fallout ones, but not counting the special releases, the last one I got was the Ngathrod one. I have mostly stopped buying precons, since I don't give a shit about reprint value and I don't want to pay premium for the couple of cards I'm interested in just to end up with a bunch of cards I don't want on top of it.
Not to mention that lot of recent commanders have been tribal trash.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (139 KB, 672x936)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
This or Neyali?
I need some good old aggro deck
>>
>>92623647
"Seek" just means "pull at random from your deck something that fits the criteria given". It's basically a more specific draw.
>>
>>92623452
>Don't build one, because you'll get one game with it and people will never let you play it again
My pods isn't full of whiny bitches and they're already fine playing against my stax decks so that's isn't a worry
>>92623710
Build nu purphoros if you want to go aggro
>>
File: file.png (547 KB, 488x680)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
I know how to build him to be really strong but how should I tune him down to a more casual but strong level? Go all in on self mill reanimation?
>>
Do you have any decks that you don't just get bored with after 5 games?
>>
>>92623760
I only have four decks but I could play my Inalla deck all day, I swap out of consideration for my opponents
I'd play a deck all night with one deck to get a feel on what it needs improving on if I didn't see everyone else at the table switch it iup
>>
Does anyone swap out large parts of their deck from one to the other? Or just get dupes. I'm buying a lot of staples that I can use between 3 different decks but it definitely requires deconstructing each deck to build the other.
>>
>>92623740
>Build nu purphoros if you want to go aggro
hmmm will take a look, didn't really consider him before
>>
>>92623517
I usually buy one per set, play it a handful of times, then either tweak it ( see >>92621721 ) or disable it for parts. I find that in terms of enjoyment value I think it's a better value than spending an equivalent amount of money on a bundle/fatpack.
>>
>>92623840
>disable it
*dismantle it
>>
>>92623807
My group is pretty lax on proxies as long as you don't go too far with the powerlevel, but everyone is generally in agreement that if you have at least one copy of a card, you can proxy it as much as you want between decks. Because as you've stated otherwise it's just moving around parts between decks which is just a waste of everyone's time.
>>
>>92623760
mono green lands has been a fun one i could play that one all day. That being said, i also like my pharika and sephara decks just as much.
>>
>>92623760
I love any rng flip decks, kinnan, etali, master, the transcendent
>>
>>92623740
Mass land destruction just means scoop and go next game, because 9/10 times, the player doing it is just gonna loop something or there they only person that still has permanents, so there's no reason to play, at least my group understands when that happens there's no reason to drag a single game out another 2 hours
It's less about being a whiny bitch and just realizing there's no point, just go next its NBD
>>
>>92623517
I bought the ixalan vampire precon and changed it a bunch and it's one of my favorite decks I play regularly, I also play the necron and imperium precon alot
>>
>>92620343
I’ve been calling people crimers all week
>>
Seeing early fast mana proxies that snowball them to a victory is lame
>>
>>92620910
>have this guy in my mimeoplasm deck
>mill Toxril, the corrosive
>everyone is fucked for the rest of the game because hexproof

Was based until I mulled myself to death
>>
>>92623734
I thought that it was the next card that fills the criteria.
>>
thoughts
>>
Is there a Selesnya commander that isn't gay?
>>
What commander should I build that would work with all the dumb old blue stax cards like fade away and back to basics
>>
>>92624358
Emmara because you tap (slang for sex) her to make dudes
>>
>>92624376
the cedh urza runs most of those cards
>>
>>92623734
This card could have been printed in paper if it exiled the amount of cards equal to damage dealt to it and allowed you to play them until end of your next turn.
>>
File: otj-99-rakish-crew.jpg (151 KB, 672x936)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
goddamn this art sucks
>>
>>92624342
Fun!

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-08-21-can-i-get-a-witness/
>>
>>92624386
Is she actually decent? Doesn't look too good at first glance but I imagine you can do some fun tap/untap shenaningans
>>
>>92624423
nta, but i love emmara. not the best token commander, but lots of tap/untap stuff is very fun for me. earthcraft goes absolutely nutty with her.
>>
>>92624262
I think it USED to be, but they changed it to just be any card that fits.
>>
>>92624358
I used to like Cadira, because I enjoy commanders that actually want to turn shit sideways, but then I found out he's canonically a tranny.
>>
File: file.jpg (243 KB, 672x936)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>92624376
White and black get you more enchantment tutors and you can throw whatever isn't stopping people to counter spells.
>>
>>92624581
>tutors
>>
>>92624605
If you're running a Stax deck I think you'll be fine with tutors
>>
>>92624358
SELESNYA IS NOT FUCKING GAY
>>
>>92624689
you wish it wasnt
>>
>>92623748
How's your list looking right now?
>>
File: Samwise Gamgee.jpg (103 KB, 488x680)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>92624694
Name 1 actually gay thing about Selesnya. I could tell you like 5 cards off the cuff right now that are EXPLICITLY heterosexual.
>>
>>92624799
Now take my cock out of your mouth and say it in a comprehensible manner.
>>
>>92624799
The people who play it, invariably.
>>
Cedh looks really fun
>>
>>92624342
First commander I've built. Very fun. Ended up taking it apart cause too linear and boros doesn't get to respond to much
>>
>>92624875
>Ended up taking it apart cause too linear
What did you turn him into?
Currently some of my decks are pretty linear and that's why I'm looking for something new
>>
>>92624875
>boros doesn't get to respond to much
uh
half of your colors are the best removal and protection in the game, the other half is full of spell copiers and decent removal
>>
>>92624863
>>92624869
Yeah okay, I'm pretty sure those fags who call Selesnya gay want to put us in skirts and collars, and keep us on our knees so that we can worship their cocks and get horny off the smell of their semen on our faces while they beat us for not complimenting their below average play at commander night in the LGS.
Straight up faggots.
>>
File: 1000027620.jpg (270 KB, 672x936)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>92625089
Don't even pretend that you'd prefer to actually play the game rather than spend time under the table and I'm not referring to Enter the Dungeon.
>>
>>92623053
I never said it happened at the same time, just that it happened for the same reason (MTGO can't handle more than one simultaneous ban list).
>>
>>92625089
...Bolas is that you?
>>
>>92625260
Eugene is colourless you dummnayss
>>
>>92625277
I don't see you denying it, Bolas.
>>
File: khm-289-niko-aris.jpg (182 KB, 672x936)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
What exactly was the design decision behind this Legendary Creature?
>>
>>92625309
The discussion is about Selesnya, dude, not some Grixis dude being injected with white.
>>
>>92625328
"Half shaved, half dyed hair with no volume will really connect with the youth!"
>>
File: hgy550t3wvwc1.png (699 KB, 579x756)
699 KB
699 KB PNG
Lmao
>>
>>92625328
"We need some representation for group that inhabits twitter. Quick! Make the most blatant caricature you can think of!"
And they didn't even realize that it's a caricature. Much like the black woman that was influencing Kaya made her a complete stereotype.
>>
>>92625328
That's not a creature.
>>
>>92624415
>old west theme
>a line up like their in a coppers and robbers theme
Jesus fuckin christ.
>>
>>92625383
You were not supposed to point that out
>>
>>92625328
It’s never been seen since Kaldheim, and likely won’t be again for years, if ever
>>
>>92622889
>now
>>
>>92625364
the Escape makes it almost playable
>>
>THEY BLOCKED OFF ALL MY RESOURCES WITH STAX
>>
>>92623247
It took me until this post to realize you guys didn't mean "black mages".

>>92623760
I've built, I'd reckon, about a dozen decks in the past two years. I still have two of them.
>>
>>92625196
Not like you would stop holding my head down and choking your dick in my throat long enough for me to actually play the game, fag. I just want to play my Arahbo cats and eminenence you to death.
>>
>>92625395
Are you surprised? Do you genuinely expect anything original out of WotC? There ought to be train robberies there too and raiding of mail deliveries.
>>
>>92625486
Arahbo cats? I bet you would also wear cat ears just for the occasion. Probably a cat tail that connects with a buttplug too probably.
>>
>>92623995
Good man.
>>
>>92624920
It didn't really get changed to anything, more like alibou and some artifact synergy stuff were put in 98 of an extremely timmy ich/akiri deck for golem tribal

>>92625025
You're not wrong but like I said it was the first deck I made for edh. Previously I only did mono blue sea monsters for kitchen table with HS friends. Removing something after it hit the board didn't seem as great as simply countering
>>
Selesnya is based.and I'm tired of pretending it's not
>>
File: 984849846546546.png (1.21 MB, 929x807)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>92625594
>I uh play a land and put a +1/+1 counter on this token
Yeah bro so based
>>
>>92625594
Agreed. Selesnya brings fun to the table
>>
>>92619825
I doubt anyone plays with him
>>
how often do you check if the cards you buy are fake or not? what's your method?
>>
File: file.png (1.95 MB, 745x1040)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
>>92625594
For me it's Orzhov
>>
>>92625395
Honestly it looks more like some house with side paneling or whatever.
>>
>>92625522
I bet YOU'd like that. I bet you'd love to put that cat tail in me. I bet you'd force me to walk into the LGS by a leash with cat ears, and tail. Fucking homo. I just want to play cool cats.
>>
>>92625838
Bite test
>>
>>92625445
the type of guy who stands up and scoops and starts shitting in anger when a universes beyond card drops
>>
>>92625849
>I sac da ting n u all lose 1 life: the color combo
>>
>>92625878
i dont feel like that works well for me, they all taste different depending on who's the previous owner. once i got sick.
>>
>>92621146
This definitely happened and is not a creative writing prompt.
>>
File: file.png (687 KB, 488x680)
687 KB
687 KB PNG
>>92625914
hell yeah brother
>>
File: IMG_20240215_213726.jpg (2.3 MB, 2721x2732)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
>>92623807
I just keep the expensive cards outside and add a proxy in the decks.
When I play said card, I simply place the actual card above the proxy, similarly to what you do with the double sided cards.
The expensive cards that are below 100€ I keep them in a sleeve, whilst the 100€ and beyond I keep in those mini snqp cases, pic related. I love having them like this, and it feels like collection pieces, while avoiding accidents
>>
>>92625849
I just played a game with her at the helm. I've had this deck for really long time.
>>
>>92625838
Just use the card you open from boxes or from drafts/sealed.
>>
>>92625873
I bet you'd love for me to remove the tail and pul it with something more meaty.
Is this /tg/ or /trash/?
>>
>>92625936
Too bad about that damaged sanctum
>>
>>92625089
>>92625486
>>92625873
Straightest Selesnya Player
>>
>>92625838
I do multiple checkups.
Light test, check black layer, check Holo, and the most important, check the green dot.
I usually only do it on cards that are worth something or on cards I find something strange.
>>
>>92625977
NTA but I have stuff like that. I have a Survival of the Fittest where some asshole scribbled all over.
>>
>>92625977
>Calling Ciruelo's signature damage.
It's past your bed time, go to bed.
>>
>>92625999
Wouldn't most grading services consider that damage? Many collectors would.
>>
>>92626055
Depends if the trading service supports signatures. There are different criterias.
Many collectors want signed card by the artists, investors don't, big difference.
If I could have all my cards signed by the artists, I would.
Ciruelo is hard to get signatures from, as he only signs during events.
>>
File: file.png (539 KB, 745x460)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
>>92624742
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/RDOO0l_xgEumV9vW9GUs6w
This is what I have so far. It's basically an amalgamation of my kinnan and chatterfang decks.
Definitely some problems with the commander on playtesting. His limitations make him feel not very impactful out of the gate. If I want to take advantage of his activated ability, I'd have to lean a lot more into milling and reanimation which definitely seems like the move for a more casual list.
>>
>>92625978
post the picture
>>
I just built Caesar but it needs sorting many bloody tokens, like an entire separate decks worth
>>
does ninjutsu count as casting?
>>
>>92626306
no
>>
>>92626305
just buy dry erase cards. you can get a shitload off of amazon for decently cheap.
>>
>>92626305
either this
>>92626330

or just use your printer and print them out, cut them and then use them as they are or put them in a sleeve with a land or something behind
>>
>>92626330
This. I bought a 50 pack with 5 markers for like $20 off Amazon. Best accessory I've ever bought.
>>
>>92626055
Is a signed baseball considered "damaged"?
>>
>>92626388
There’s a weirdo subset of collectors and resellers that consider signiatures as “damage”. Most places I know price them as LP or MP at worst, usually because they ARE LP or MP.
>>
>>92625758
thats the ONLY selesnygger to be fun.
the others bring the SNOOZE to the table, thats right
>>
File: m11-219-voltaic-key.jpg (224 KB, 672x936)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>92626111
That's an interesting list. More able to play on its own without needing The Master exactly I feel. I went more in a heavy mill and reanimate direction with a sub theme of untapping things to help get The Master off multiple times a turn. He's a bit slow in the first few turns, but when milling is happening and The Master is going off and untapping is online I've found he can build a massive army in only one or two rotations. A lot of fun when he's on a roll.
>>
>>92625977
>>92625999
>>92626101
>>92626388
>>92626460
The way it works is that the item is considered "damaged" quality, but the value is higher than a near mint version due to the damage making it more desirable than a normal card.
>>
I played games today and currently I am druk with capital N. AMA.
>>
boros is pretty fun. I like how easy it is to buff your creatures with double strike, lifelink and double turns. any commander with that style that can hold up against a removal heavy meren with creature damage wincons?
>>
>>92626501
Yeah that's what I had cooked on the side for a more casual table, mill, reanimate and untap (intruder alarm lines). Seems like a lot of fun for a slower grindy table. In my list he's a food chain outlet first, and then occasionally I get lucky, milling and rezzing hulk, razaketh or broodlord which most likely wins me the game from there.
>>
>>92626579
Go even wider and absolutely blast Merren with either Neyali or Otharri.
Neyali mogs merren with buff tokens, Otharri mogs merren with its own experience tokens. Dont worry about removal, you play white and have enough protection spells
>>
File: IMG_0722.jpg (87 KB, 1024x768)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>92624689
>>92624799
I'm sure your wife's boyfriend is explicitly heterosexual too
>>
>>92626624
I am SO curious how there are TWO images like this I've seen in the last 2 threads. Is it just one super gay femboy player? Or like what is the story here?
>>
>>92626610
I kinda want to build Otharri. I just like phoenixes. Too bad I already have Syrix. Maybe one day we get a Mardu Phoenix legend that's better than Syrix.
>>
>>92626794
oh i bet you are CURIOUS, alright
>>
File: IMG_0818.jpg (4.25 MB, 4032x3024)
4.25 MB
4.25 MB JPG
>>92626794
O ye of little faith
Sometimes the memes are real
>>
>>92626873
Dude there's no fucking way, this has to be all one guy right? Like one dude who's just a gay and wears cages and plays Selesnya right?
>>92626865
As a femboy enjoyer I am VERY curious. but also there's no way this isn't a fucking insane story.
>>
>>92626794
As someone who used to wear a bondage collar every day, even when going in to work pro tip, wear it right under the tie, so under the shirt collar, sometimes people get off just on "getting away" with wearing that sort of thing in public places.
>>
>>92626794
Wanna post a pic of your cage and add to the hall of fame?
>>
>>92626928
I sort of get off at getting off at public places too if you know what I mean.
>>
>>92625838
If I'm not sure they're real I try to sell them to cardkingdom.
>>
>>92625838
I never buy online, I just buy singles from my LGS both of which check the legitimacy of the cards. I mostly trust both of them.
>>
>>92626931
Lmao sorry fambino, I'm an Esper player, we much prefer to have rube goldberg machines that end in CBT when we miss a single trigger
>>92626928
I guess so, but I just figured there must've been some kind of tale but I hadn't considered it was just someone posting online that they do that. I'm gonna start giving Selesnya players weird looks now.
>>
>>92627036
>I'm an Esper player, we much prefer to have rube goldberg machines that end in CBT when we miss a single trigger
Unironically accurate to esperfags
>>
>>92627036
I have several Esper decks but my wife empties my nuts rather than punches them. 4 decks in all, two of them being of the same character and one being on a chopping block.
I'm considering on making a Pete Venters deck with the one lining up for guillotine with Zur, but I also think of Crosis.
>>
>>92627089
Crosis huh? As a kid I always wanted to build a deck around Chromium, the OG one with Rampage but I never really understood how to do that or just how dogshit Rampage really was back then. I think I was doomed to Esper or some variation therein since then. I try to keep only 1 or 2 decks of any color combo, and I'm only missing a couple combos at this point, namely Grixis and Selesnya.
>>
>>92626906
>tripfag is also a massive faggot
How many people have filtered your posts where you’re being bullied so little?
>>
>>92626624
>wife's boyfriend
Don't have one, but my friend's wife probably thinks my friend is also hetero, but he pets my head when I suck the soul out of his cock. I'm pretty straight though.
>>
>>92627148
I have 64 decks currently and I'm being dead serious, but I can't help it in some cases. The 4 Espers I have at the moment are Halfdane, Ever Changing Dane, Inquisitor Greyfax and Yennett, last of which is on the verge of getting binned. The coomer in me likes her pl0x don't judge but I cut integral parts of her to put into other decks. Halfdane is still looking for identity, Ever Changing Dane is a decent deck and it's one of my favorite decks to play and Greyfax is basically just flying creatures for casual tables.
>>
>>92626610
>Neyali
she is pretty strong, I only saw her precon in action, but that was the most feared one in 1v1 among my friends back then. the build in impulse draw is extremely good, I think I'll give her a go.
>Otharri
sounds like interesting, but dunno about rebel tribal. aren't the best rebel cards those mirrodin equipment pieces like Hexplate Wallbreaker?
>>
File: 1690071722428058.webm (930 KB, 480x360)
930 KB
930 KB WEBM
>>92627220
>I have 64 decks currently
I kneel
>>
>>92625328
Sweet Baby Inc. consultant
>>
>>92627249
i dont know what it is about certain Commanders and their Typelines, or Typelines they Produce.
Otharri isnt a Rebel Tribal, he is massive Token Swarm, Zerg Rush style. theres loads of generic buffers that will seal the deal, Otharri is cracked in half
>>
>>92627279
Oh, the /v/ boogeyman
>>
File: IMG_0199.jpg (133 KB, 488x680)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>92619645
>Takes turns attacking people one at a time to deliberately extend the game
> gets mad when i headhunt him till hes dead
If you cant stop me why should i let you live?
isnt it preferable to play multiple games with multiple starts than to keep everything equitable?
>>
>>92627284
sounds cool, I will look at decks for both commanders then
>>
>>92627220
I'm glad that I only have decklists instead of actual decks or my compulsive deckbuilding would put me in some real financial trouble, especially if I actually included a Candelabra of Tawnos in this X spells deck I just finished. https://www.moxfield.com/decks/0_j2Roit10qBUFBwqT8phw
The only one I have built is my Lae'zel/Master Chef deck, but my friend built it for me according to him thinking it was basically a Selesnya Heliod deck instead of the shitpost of accumulating as many different counters as I could, so I can't even fully call it having 1 deck.
>>
So I want to make a fun vampire deck that isn't just "Edgar Markov Deck #9287345". What's a fun or unique vamp commander YOU enjoy?
Right now I'm leaning toward a spellslinging vampire deck with pic related at the helm. But it really doesn't have much in the way of vampire tribal with these colors.
>>
>>92627269
>>92627323
I've played commander since 2013 and the amount of deckboxes and sleeves have accumulated since. I take apart some decks that haven't been fun or haven't functioned ad I would have hoped. I am also lucky in the sense that I don't feel the need to optimize my shit, but I rather put together collections of cards I find interesting, but I do sort of optimize taking those into account.
>>
>>92627289
because putting pressure on timmy who missed 3 land drops while john has a commander with 6 auras on it is retarded since you can just ko punch timmy later
>>
>>92627413
Jeleva is just theft narset
>>
Going to japan, I'm probably going to grab $500 worth of singles
>>
>>92627413
Evelyn
>>
>>92626624
IIRC the guy who posted this posted his dick in the thread and he was an overweight mulatto Latinx. I hope he's still banned and hasn't figured out how to reset his router
>>
>>92626873
Poast BMI so I know whether to laugh or be disgusted
>>
>go to locals for the first time
>no where to park because downtown
>first guy i meet super nice but actually smell shit on him
>cram 30 people next to neck tables cant hear shit
damn i think i'm one of those autists that get sensory overload, and i have to go back tomorrow because i left my token deckbox
>>
>>92624342
Based commander, runs hard aggro and artifact stax really well
>>
File: 1498585356640.jpg (17 KB, 351x344)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>brewing new deck
>have to make cuts
>at 200 cards before lands
hahahahAHHAA
>>
File: 1714185694421044.png (318 KB, 375x523)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
why can't gruul have this
>>
File: file.png (494 KB, 600x315)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
>>92627865
>>
>>92627897
obsessed
>>
Make it 1RG, and pitch it to WOTC for MH4. Guaranteed hit.
>>
>>92627918
>>92627865
meant to reply to this
>>
File: 1710344590951994.png (199 KB, 420x420)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>92627897
Is that scribbled on the actual card?
>>
>>92627915
People will always like Terese's art and you will never be a woman
>>
>>92627935
I was like you once, ignorant of El Ratto
>>
>go to game store
>tranny ragequits and scoops after the game doesn't go her (male) way
Can't believe xhe committed suicide.
>>
>>92626330
>Filling the board with ugly ass white cards with shitty scribbles.
Let me guess, the secret lair with cards drawn by 5 year olds kids is your favorite?
>>
>>92627415
>I am also lucky in the sense that I don't feel the need to optimize my shit, but I rather put together collections of cards I find interesting, but I do sort of optimize taking those into account.
Big same. I don't have any fun bodying a kitchen table with Expensive Proxies Wins, I want to run a faction from Tarkir with mechanics and garbage chaff from the block, or stuff a bunch of Wurms into a deck and call it Tribal. I have no desire to lean into Poison, Toxic, or Infect with my Mass-Wither Girl deck, but I am going to running a bunch of Proliferate cards for the strategy anyway, so I might as well include Serrated Arrows as a complete meme so I can say, "lmao, you're actually using removal on my Serrated Arrows with 4 Arrowhead counters on it?"
>>
>>92628029
xhe commited suicide? i didn't even know xhe was sick!
>>
>>92626305
Pick up a bunch of tokens online. It's what I did for two decks of mine that summon a bunch of tokens. Most are pennies at most and there's a lot of variety you can pick from.
>>
>>92628041
bringing a small stack of dry erase cards is far more functional than being expected to lug around a tome of multiples of every type of token you could expect to see from your decks. don;t have to worry if i brought the right ratio of soldiers or zombies or centaurs, don't have to worry about shit. go ahead, spend more per fable token than a goyf would cost you. go ahead, lug around an extra massive deckbox filled with cardboard you probably won't even need that night. i will carry a small stack of dry erase tokens that are incredibly versatile. most retarded thing to be an elitist cunt about, especially when you are the one being a retarded troglodyte.
>>
File: IMG_0193.jpg (191 KB, 488x680)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>92627428
If i let him live timmy is going to combo off in thd late tame, and he wasnt stopping john from getting there dedpite playing green. I need my triggers so timmy has to die, my condolences timmy.
>>
File: gtc-106-skullcrack.jpg (296 KB, 672x936)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>92627865
We need more big brain barbarian spells like this and stranglehold.
>>
>>92628186
if you don't make monkey noises when you cast this you're not playing correctly
https://youtu.be/oCX-a1r1Gzk
>>
>>92627413
Do the lifegain thing with this guy or Astarion, with the other of the two in the 99
>>
File: 1704622103980558.jpg (47 KB, 485x305)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>92628127
Oh no you have to carry around 50 extra cards, how will you ever survive this.
Honestly i don't understand why someone would use those dry-erase tokens when they are an absolute eyesore and getting the correct tokens isn't even hard, fucking print them if you have to.
As a token deck probably half your board will be tokens and they all look like shitty scribbles that someone drew in 10 seconds(because they are).
Is the visual part of MTG not important to you at all? how can you enjoy the game when your board looks like shit?
>>
>>92628322
>Is the visual part of MTG not important to you at all?
Unironically no. I don't care about card art and think it's strange that people do. Call me autistic but all that matters to me is mechanics.
>>
>>92628322
>your board looks like shit
You've just described modern magic art direction. Even discounting the secret lairs, the character designs are lame and the monsters are not anywhere as cool as they could be. Even the mite you posted that is supposed to evoke a sinew-and-bone monstrosity, it just looks plastic and fake.
>>
>>92628322
WOTC needs to just release a fucking starter set that just gives you a bunch of fucking tokens
>>
>>92628322
i literally just write the stats, keywords/abilities, and the name on my tokens lmao
>>
>>92628322
>have 20+ decks
>some decks have 20+ unique tokens that can be produced
>lots of card make clone tokens
>have a mutate/clone token deck that needs extensive notation per clone token
it's about reducing cognitive and physical load before i get to the game. my token decks can easily throw 50+ soldiers alone on the field, do i carry 55 soldiers, 55 cats, 55 vampires, 55 saprolings, etc? do i make sure all the tokens i have are the right ones for each deck before i leave? or do i throw dry erase tokens and call it a day? im not gonna do all the extra work of making sure i have the right tokens and lugging them around because some autist thinks the board looks like shit if they aren't official tokens, ad card on the back and all. go suck a lemon.
>>
>>92627413
There are a few vampires, like Asylum Visitor, that work better in a deck full of spells. I've always been partial to the ones that favor madness or discard. But then there's still no reason to do vampire tribal support (and no reason not to run non-vampire creatures if they support the spells that you're slinging)
>>
Anyone have a scorpion god list I could take a look at?
I feel like my first draft is lacking some gas.

Alternatively if theres grixis commander I haven't found that supports either/proliferate so I could also run toxril
>>
>>92628372
Visual clarity is a mechanic
>>
Jesus this women fucks. Made a cEDH version of her and made the Stax & Token player seethe. Their complaint was "oh she's an auto win deck, don't care" when my build was clearly a 20 piece combo stamina deck that won on turn 3.
>>
does shroud block Reyav's ability?
>>
>>92628758
Is there an easy way to cast a high mana aura for nothing to abuse her?
>>
>>92628826
No, it doesn't target
>>
>>92627948
People only like her due to politics and you know that lol
>>
>>92628833
great, thanks. is that because the card doesn't say "target" specifically?
>>
>>92628842
yes
>>
>>92628372
Mostly this. I can understand prefering a specific card art. But I think people who obsess over art, whine about new art, and scream "I WON'T USE A CARD MY DECKS NEED CAUSE I DISLIKE THE ART" are autistic retards
>>
>>92628883
I'm the opposite. I will include cards in my deck just because I like the art.
>>
>>92625924
lol why would i bother making that up? that post was pure venting
>>
File: nah_id_win.jpg (422 KB, 3000x1680)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
>Announce I am swapping to azorius stax
>Table swaps in monoR MLD and monoB discard
>Become archenemy from turn 2
>Still win
I AM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER
NO MORE LIES
PERMISSION DENIED
ALL SPELLS YOUR OPPONENTS CAST COST (5) MORE
OPPONENTS CAN'T ATTACK YOU OR PLANESWALKERS YOU CONTROL UNLESS THEY PAY (11) PER ATTACKING CREATURE
3 COPIES OF RHYSTIC ON THE FIELD
THE SECOND SUN APPROACHES
>>
>>92628898
That is fair
>>
i finally did it, i won my first game, i was even archenemy and 1v3'd and still won
>>
The cool secret lair Inalla came, so I guess I'm building grixis wizardy stuff. Any cool tech for the deck?
>>
>>92628972
Tech, what tech besides it's really easy to go infinite with a bunch of combos
>>
>>92628942
>azorius stax
>monoR MLD
>monoB discard
I honestly wish everyone would build a deck with a controversial strategy so when someone wants to do gross stuff, everyone can just meet them where there at instead of crying about the spirit of the format
>>
>want to try building a 5 color commander
>think about the cost of the land base and how much I hate getting mana screwed
I think I'll stick with 2 color commanders
>>
>>92629074
consider also that 5 color decks are gay as fuck
>>
>>92629074
Just build a 5 color commander with the 25 cent dual color lands that are a little slower.
>>
>>92629074
>>92629210
This, if you use green as the base for your mana, run ramp that can fetch duals and run the cheaper duals you can build a good, albeit somewhat slower 5c manabase on a relatively low budget.
>>
File: mlem.gif (539 KB, 430x461)
539 KB
539 KB GIF
>>92628322
>mlem
>>
>>92623045
I swear to God if they do a SLD Hazezon2 reprint wth Timothee Chalamet as Paul Muad'Dib I will VOMIT
>>
>>92623517
the only way to get Hazezon2 and Dune Chanter is from a precon so I have some of those
>>
>>92626906
Can't speak for the others but that's my first time posting :p
>>92627686
How disturbing
>>92627695
5'7
145lbs
See you at the LGS sweaty ;)
>>
File: IMG_2902.jpg (149 KB, 672x936)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>wipe the board again
>recast jetsam for the third time this game and steal 20 mana worth of spells
If BUG is so wrong, why is it so fun to play?
>>
>>92628322
I once drew a token copy of Sharding Sphinx with massive titties and everyone liked it.
>>
>>92627935
Wait till you see the dude who did it
>>
File: otj-213-kellan-the-kid.jpg (155 KB, 672x936)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
Anon-kuns, is Kellan cringe or based?
>>
>>92629839
Cringe and Based
>>
File: therockromanreigns.jpg (29 KB, 645x370)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>92629839
He's the 2015 Roman Reigns of the magic the gathering story. Here to show us that as much as we all hated Jace Cena, we could have so much worse a face of the company.
>>
File: 1710305097515911.png (716 KB, 1041x626)
716 KB
716 KB PNG
I LOVE MAGIC!!!
>>
>>92629920
If you don't organize your board by types, I am not playing with you.
>>
>>92619825
based
>>
>>92621976
>kindred enchantment
my proxies aren't going to say that
>>
>>92622906
talk to the LGS owner, ours basically shamed someone into not coming back
>>
>>92628322
Token tiers go like this
Dogshit
>Six-sided dice on whatever number of tokens or stats its representing. No card.
>Card taken from graveyard and turned face down
Bad
>Cringe proxy art
>Dry erase token
Not great
>Bulk card from outside the game turned face down
Good
>Official token with dice to represent number
Great
>Multiples of the same official token to represent each, to a reasonable extent.
>Thematically appropriate or funny proxy
>>
>>92630174
Elder dragon tier:
>Ugin x Nicol Bolas pornography
>>
>>92629920
>Teferi tribal
Hooooly based
>>
>>92630174
Ascended Tier
>Carrying dozens of copies of the creatures in your decks and using them as tokens when you copy your creatures
>>
>>92625421
The funny thing is the story where niko shows up is fucking weird because Niko is just sort of there and the author has to write that niko is sure cool and heckin' enby
>>
>>92629839
Cringe but it's also funny his entire story arc ended in 'wow my dad is a shithead'
>>
>>92622906
Literally just don't play with him. Be a man, grow a pair, and tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>92628942
>Another player in the pod made monoU control in response
God I love my group.
>>
Is it okay if my deck has no plays until turn three or four
>>
>>92622906
>builds cedh deck, now swaps to it when the other decks lose
I have seen this shit so many times, there has got to be a term for it.
>grrrr I just wanna punish people when I get mad and kick their ass!!!
I've seen like 5 different players do this exact same shit. I'm convinced most people's first venture into cedh probably happens because they get diddled by their friend's upgraded precon and want to beat them.
>>
>>92630397
no
but who's the commander
>>
>>92630472
Inalla
>>
When you're playing a commander that has a saga background (such as the most recent Praetors), when he's on the field with the saga side, does he still count as your commander being on the field for cards like Deflecting Swat? Or is it only the creature side that counts?
>>
>>92629419
Oh dear.
>that BMI
Oh. Dear.
I walked into some stuff in this thread, that's for sure.
>>92630397
It really depends on who you're playing with. I recommend having some lower cost cards because if you can't play anything til turn 4, you're probably carrying around something with a pretty high average cmc. There's lots of nice 1-2 cost cards including mana rocks, small interaction, and probably creatures that fit your theme (unless your theme is 6CMC OR BUST)
>>
>>92630397
>no plays til turn 3
Ok on a bad hand
>no plays til turn 4
Catastrophic
Either way this should not be a regular occurence
>>92630526
>Inalla
How do you not have a bunch of cheap wizards?
>>
>>92630551
903.3. Each deck has a legendary creature card designated as its commander. This designation is not a characteristic of the object represented by the card; rather, it is an attribute of the card itself. The card retains this designation even when it changes zones.
>>
File: 1704785679691939.png (1.56 MB, 1040x814)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>92630598
I'm greedy
>>
I'm dogshit at deckbuilding
How should I fix up the mana curve?
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/VOQMI7EN30iehKI4ByHF4Q
>>
Post your weirdest deck. That one kinda jank, kinda shitty thing you really like to do.
>>
>>92630680
https://www.archidekt.com/decks/2879074/suspension_of_disbelief
When I first got the Faldorn precon I figured it'd just be kinda neat but I ended up falling in love with the concept. It's bad, it's silly, and I jammed a ton of Suspend and shit in it but it's fun when it gets rolling.
With the introduction of Plot, I may have to give it a small pass over and see if any of those new cards should go in.
>>
File: Lumii_20240204_134816363.jpg (2.15 MB, 2542x1425)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
>>92630680
My kitsune mystic//autumn tail deck is very janky, but it feels so good to play.
>>
>>92630712
victory chimes is an artifact, not an aura silly
>>
>>92630594
What's wrong with my bmi? Tripfag-lun thinks I'm fat? T.T
>>
>>92630723
Victory chimes is so strong in this deck. Once autumn tail is up, you can keep swapping in the auras on other creatures every turn.
>>
>>92630726
That was meant to be a compliment, but I can see how it would come off like it wasn't.
>>92630712
Man I fucking love the old Kamigawa flip cards, it's so good to see a deck focusing on one. I've been thinking about finding a spot for a few of them recently. Since he has Legendary in the second part, he's allowed to be a Commander, yeah?
>>
>>92630772
No he's not, but it's a casual game so people usually allow him to be played.
>>
>>92629889
All I want is a WWE Attitude era secret lair...
>>
>>92630778
Wow, they really should allow that since don't they allow the multi-side flip cards with legendary creatures? But it's good that people let you play him. Super cool deck too.
>>
File: Image (22).png (138 KB, 223x311)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>92630174
Based. When I drop my commander you'd best believe I'm dumping 18+ 1/1 green/black insects onto the board
>>
File: 1707886172027695.jpg (242 KB, 1116x1124)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
Whats the most fun izzet commander that lets you cast big fucking spells?
I wanna win the game by casting a huge Storm King's Thunder with something else that ends the game
I was thinking about Ovika, by using Mana Echoes and Sorcerer Class to generate lots of mana, but it seems kinda slowish (maybe I'm wrong?)
Another option I was thinking about was Vadrik, but he seems to be the opposite, too fast for my playgroup (Seems like he can end the game pretty consistently on turn 3/turn 4, basically playing solitaire by chaining essentially free spells)
Anyways, I'm just spitballing right now, would love to get some suggestions
>>
>>92630404
Honestly cedh just looks like a lot of fun, but Im also used to really fast card games
But pulling out a cedh deck to stomp is genuinely cringe
Also post more emperor
>>
When's the new thread?
>>
>>92629920
>28 mana under winter orb to swing
>>
>>92630632
Good god my jankiest decks will have you below 20 before you even cast a spell
>>
>>92630935
this guy has served me well as my most consistent spellslinger
Its a straightforward slinger that pretty much builds itself, I prefer to put in some of the high cost meme counterspells, buyback cards and other high cost spells I usually wouldn't cast.
Its naturally just an x tribal slinger so dont be afraid for x to be very low in the first few turns while you're amassing experience counters. One thing I never got around to doing is making my sorceries at instant speed in this deck, the main strength he has is that you can easily kill people at instant speed with 20 burn so the group learns to not fuck with you if you have 1 open red mana in the late game, problem is actually getting to the late game if you dont have enough blockers up.
>>
File: magic-circle.jpg (307 KB, 1255x1880)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
Any cool non-blue Spellslinger builds?
I like blue, but its pretty much, but blue is pretty much expected in a spellslinger. I want something a bit more out of the ordinary
>>
>>92631019
Just for you

>>92631852
>>92631852

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.