[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_9794.jpg (131 KB, 515x289)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Why does it feel like the hype around Infinity is kinda dead?
>>
>Squatting multiple factions, and miniatures
>They dont make sexy females anymore are going woke
>Cant shill to Warhammer fans since they are woke as well
>their newer miniatures are soulless
>said new miniatures aren’t metal so they suck
>>
>>92708362
this

fuck em
>>
>>92708362
They aren’t going woke shut the fuck up
>>
>>92708338
Every new release has less and less ass.
>>
>>92708338
The game died with N3 and went to shit with N4. They did all the same idiocy that Rackham did save for prepainted plastic.
>>
>>92708338
Infinity had hype?
>>
>>92708638
I mean it used to have a presence here but it seems their general can’t even hit bump limit anymore
>>
>>92708362
Are you people that brain rotted you think infinity is woke now?
>>
>>92708672
Yes.
>>
>>92708338
Because it is. They lost their star painter, their sculpts got worse, their materials got worse, the last few faction redesigns have been awful and they seem more interested in KS than Infinity.

>>92708642
/tg/ is also, separately, dying but yes even the official forums for Infinity are dead.
>>
>>92708713
>/tg/ is also, separately, dying
I'd rather it be dying than end up like /v/. That seems to be a worse fate than death.
>>
Crippling Ariadna was the worst decision
>>
File: 1-18.png (1.31 MB, 1334x2000)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
Infinity was one of the games that flourished in the bad old days of bad GW. When GW righted the ship, it really constricted the space the other games had to operate in. They have a lot less room to fuck up before they start losing big chunks of the playerbase, and when the playerbase is already fairly small, that can quickly get a snowball effect going as people who still want to play stop because they can't find games

at least you still got some cool toys
>>
>>92708927
reminds me of wwe vs aew
>>
Guess I ought to buy those Nyoka troops before the game goes the way of Dust.
>>
>>92708338
Add Infinity to the ever growing pile of corpses of games that tried to challenge GW and lost.
>>
>>92708362
>said new miniatures aren’t metal so they suck
Metal sucks utter ass tho
>>
>>92709304
Corvus we’re producing the best metal ever
>>
>>92708927
I know that improvements from GW and bedshitting from PP killed WMH too, but in terms of space for non-GW being limited now I have to ask:

Has GW been releasing tactically interesting games? I always thought the cool models were basically their only draw and games were mostly won at deployment even if they took time to roll out over a few turns.

Because I always thought these smaller studios were capitalizing mostly on "the GAMES suck even if the models are good."
>>
>>92708713
All forums everywhere are dying, they have been for 15y, Discord just finished them. By that logic 40k is dying because forums are literally non existent.
>>
>>92708362
>going woke
Is it true they designed a tumblr-looking nigger with a troon tatoo or something?
>>
>>92709406
CB was woke before it was cool.
>>
>>92709406
>>92709443
Nomad model was confirmed trans
>>
>>92709358
They've released some neat games at the skirmish scale like Killteam, Warcry, and MESBG, but you have to grade them on the GW scale.
>>
>>92709358
Everyone thinks you take GW down with cheaper models or better rulesets. They never go hard in marketing the setting or look.

40k is still a wargame with a lot of minis on a table, only war machine came close to this. Other games are just skirmish slop.
>>
>>92709527
Which one?
>>
>>92709527
The Nomads have always been an alliance somehow of flurries, communists and Ron Paul loving cryptocurrency touchers.

Why would you think they wouldn't have trans characters? Are you stupid?

>>92709571
So they still play worse than like, Mk2/3 WMH, or Infinity or Malifaux or whatever?
>>
>>92709527
I mean, its the nomads, only surprising thing is that they didn't have a trans model already
>>
>>92708338
"No more operator asses" happened.
>>
>>92709669
Yeah. It helps that Infinity and Malifaux are the main things their respective companies make and likely won't be ditched as soon as shareholders decide that the main games need more releases.
>>
>>92708362
This fuck CB
>>
File: Loss.jpg (212 KB, 1531x549)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>92708591
Be silent.
>>
>>92710031
Post models
>>
>>92710031
I like ass more than the next man, but the pose on the left model is so awkward and terrible.
>>
>>92708730
>I'd rather it be dying than end up like /v/.
How is it not already?
>>
So like Battletech we can’t get 40k refugees in infinity since it’s too woke?
>>
>>92710176
Infinity's woke, Battletech's woke, Warhammer's woke, it's all woke now. It's go woke or go broke, or go woke and go broke, but either way you're going woke.
>>
>>92710296
And its only encouraged me to either branch out to other things or create my own stuff.
>>
>>92710417
I've got bad news anon. You're gonna go woke too
>>
>>92710439
He may hate free money, who knows?
>>
>>92710439
I know what you're doing, but yes, there are legitimate woke moves by these companies, and then there are falseflags by people mad about the backlash against it.
>>
>>92709691
No one ever remember Avicenna.
>>
>>92709527
Avicenna was a genderswapped cyborg body since 2e.
>>
>>92709358
Kill Team 2.0 fucking DESTROYED Infinity. KT2 is a cheap-to-play game which launched with enough depth to be extremely sweaty and competitive about the game if you wanted to. Infinity was always popular-ish in Spain, KT2 vastly outstripped it in popularity incredibly quickly. You will notice many of the world's best competitive KT players are from Spain, many of them jumped ship from Infinity.

Same size of game, similar amount of terrain, MUCH much cheaper to play. Infinity lost the selling point of being cheap vs. a GW wargame.
>>
>>92708338
pls for the love of got make it plastic or some other shit not metal, I have Corregidor force, love them, been playing few games since 1st ed. I just fucking hate metal minis.
>>
>>92708338
Because they are a successful company that understands that over marketing to a group of people that do not understand your setting/them/game is a waste of money, time and resources.

Why would I ever want to bring in GW players (because you are buying for the hobby) when you can never be please with anything they put out and accept being treated like nothing more than consumers? The company is doing well, starting a new game and is profitable.
>>
Honestly, the new minis are just soulless. I haven't been paying attention the last few years but I don't think it got better.
It started with USAriadna, the new releases were literally all just dudes with medium armor and gun/flamer. 4 fucking units of it. One had a slightly better visor, another one could do a vanguard move. They all look the fucking same.
I think it stems from the fact that they pushed a lot for each sectorial to be its own little army, copying the nu40k books design where each book is actually 3 books and you gain bonuses from playing with only a part of your options. It's already cringe in 40k but it just ruined the feel of Infinity in my opinion. But then they also wanted every sectorial to have access to everything so they had to make duplicates of each type of unit for each subfaction. Like when they made Tatary its own thing and for it to work they made 5 units of "russian dude in camo with an AK but one of them can infiltrate". Everything looks the fucking same.
Like why do we have scotts guards and tankhunters in Ariadna? TH is always better and more thematic. Scotts guards only exist so that caledonia has access to an infiltrating MI with anti armor. But that's retarded. People who play caledonia don't fucking care about that and they just want to have dudes in kilts who punch people. They're a pointless unit. At least they used to look somewhat different but the new design is litterally "dude in camo with a boomstick". Just give them a kitl for fucks sake. Same for Caledonian volunteers. They're supposed to be kilt wearing chaff and they made them look all tacticool and shit. I just want my caledonian chaff to wear kilts, provide orders and die, why do they need to be "dude in camo with an AK"? I have 50 of those already ffs.
I really liked when armies looked very diverse and you could have a caledonian werewolf next to a spetznaz and a french doctor. Now armies look super bland.
>>
>>92708362
Literally every single bullet point here is a lie
>>
>>92709697
What are people talking about 'no operator ass'. Fuck sake, we just got a Ment Agent who has titties so fat she can hardly stand and the Mary Problems resculpt easily added 20lbs of pussy and ass to her figure.
>>
>>92711353
>I haven't been paying attention the last few years
>All the units look the same

That happens when you don't pay attention
>>
>>92711901
It doesn’t invalidate his point though. They milked themselves with the sectorial and Ariadna is dead too.
>>
>>92708362
>woke
I swear this word means fucking nothing.
>>
>>92712009
It means "thing I don't like"
>>
>>92710841
>2e
Long before that I believe. Bakunin sextoymaker is just another one in a long line.
>>
File: received_198263656670350.jpg (268 KB, 1500x1500)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>
>>92710874
>You will notice many of the world's best competitive KT players are from Spain
Not just many, Spain is the single biggest export of competitive KT players, even surpassing the US which is beyond wild.
>>
>>92711947
There's gonna be some developments with Ariadna and Dawn within the next few years. Steindrage, Warcrow, and the werebeasts/podes. As for their current design though, RAK/USARF are the two factions that are supposed to be somewhat uniform. They're not all that far-off technologically speaking from modern times, and the difference between uniforms is pretty minimal at a glance for someone unfamiliar with the equipment. The only reason MRRF gets a pass on unit visibility is that they're the wealthy and most modern with easier access to other nations since they're the contact point for the rest of the Human Sphere.
Speculation and design aside, it's a tragedeigh what happened to CHA by capping trooper limit. It took out the visible flavor from CHA for sure. While I wouldn't want a potential for a 20+ order TAG stomping around the table, I wouldn't mind if there was a component to the game that allowed for modifications of army options for en masse forces through model(s) special rule.
>>
>>92712192
They tried this with Reinforcements but the implementation was poor so no one got behind it and they had to bin it.
>>
>>92712118
That's because USAsians can't play for shits.
>>
>>92712203
Kosmoflot is cringe too it’s weird they removed the frenchies since arguably the most iconic unit is the mirage who were part of the French
>>
>>92708338
Because 40k kill team eat 80% of their possible player base by throwing more 40kslop on their plate so they aren't tempted to try different things
>>
>>92709358
No GW games are still shit.
But people will just go to what the big shiny is
>>
>>92712491
Anon this came out literally this month.
>>
>>92712521
Soulless
>>
>>92709669
In a universe with gene-splicing and Altered Carbon 'sleeves,' you'd think that if someone was born one gender, they could theoretically change their biological sex. But I don't know the lore that well.
>>
>>92712545
How?
>>
>>92712876
Don't even bother, there's no pleasing these people.
>>
>>92712840
Avicenna is, I'm pretty sure, the first example of this. He was put in a female body, and he just decides he likes it more than his old body.
>>
>>92710031
Not doing pinup models isn't going woke, it's trying to appeal to an audience that isn't comprised entirely of coombrain degenerates. I swear, 90% of the time that people are whining about wokeness, it's because of stupid nonissue shit like this.
>>
File: images (1) (1).jpg (18 KB, 560x547)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>92712949
Besides, there are still plenty of pinup models.
>>
>>92708362
>Crying about squatting when nothing has been squatted, only some lines have been cycled out and are now OOP. Those armies still exist, nothing has been retconned away, they're still supported by the current rules and you can play them right now if you are willing to proxy/recast/hunt the minis down.
>The Met alone is evidence that you're wrong, but there's also the Uberfall with catgirl abs that's showing more skin than before (the old mini was never topless, the painter just put nips on the official paintjob and photo quality was poor; anyone that saw the model in person can tell there's chest armor).
>Meaningless Buzzword
>Meaningless Buzzword: The Sequel
>New TAGs and REMs are siocast because they're huge as fuck, everything else is still metal. Also if you want to complain about siocast, feel free, it's not the perfect material by any stretch, but going "it's just bad because it is, okay?!" while also lying about how common it is just outs you as a retard.
2/10, commit suicide as soon as reasonably possible, and have a nice day.
>>
>>92708642
Yeah hiroshimoot implements a 2-week timelimit on threads in the worlds laziest and least successful attempt to counter one (1) annoying poster, and mysteriously the Infinity general can no longer hit bump limit wowwwwww I wonder what happened, Infinity must be suddenly dying.

Seriously, nothing wrong with slow generals. I don't want or need 100 different autists screeching about canonical power levels or woke mind viruses just so we reach 350 posts every other day. Fuck that noise.
>>
>>92712949
>isn't going woke, it's trying to appeal to an audience that isn't comprised entirely of coombrain degenerates
This is what people always say when something had a happy successful audience that got what they wanted and now it's not, for no other explainable reason than they put something higher than both the fans and profits.
>>
>>92713093
It's 1 week actually. I agree with you entirely. Here's the number of posts in each Infinity general in the past 6 months:
>120 (current)
>210
>141
>94
>160
>156
>195
>292
>288
>259
>161
>230
>237
>195
>170
>153
>202
>154
>192
>139
>223
>>
>>92711849
god damn
literally fine sculpted ass
>>
>>92713118
That's right my bad, it's now 7 days when it used to be 14, and going by your posts it looks like they'd be at the post limit roughly at or during busier periods before the old two-week limit.
>>
>>92709387
This is a retarded argument. The difference between 40k and Infinity is one casual look at social media and you can see tons of people talking about 40k. Who the fuck is talking about Infinity though? No one.
>>
>>92713186
Okay, so I'll walk you through this one really slowly, because you seem to be a bit soft in the head
>You can tell Infinity is dead because their forums are very slow!
>That's not a good marker for a game's health at all. 40k doesn't even *have* forums, does that mean they're dead too?
>Uhhhh but social media presence you dummy!
Do you see the issue here? Social media presence is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
>>
>>92712949
>it's trying to appeal to an audience that isn't comprised entirely of coombrain degenerates
Maybe change up the playbook sometimes if you don't want everyone to see through you right away. But hey, maybe you don't have a ulterior motive and are genuinely just that retarded and oblivious to what you are saying, like this isn't the nth'ed repeat of that same shit.
>>
>>92713213
Infinity may have better rules but the setting barely gets people
>>
>>92713543
I think the setting needs a consolidation through other means than the Modiphius RPG books and faction identity needs some solidity through architecture, locations, and continued literature releases.
>>
>>92710031
The new sculpt isn't sticking her ass out in a bizarre unnatural pose, I'll give you that. But it's infinitely huehue better looking than the old one in every other way.
>>
>>92712949
>muh coombrain
There were plenty of non-pinup models to appeal to this nonexistent hypothetical audience. Removing them is a decision purely predicated on wokeness, and if it was "stupid nonissue shit" they wouldn't have bothered faggot.
>>
>>92713543
The setting is excellent but it's still in its infancy and not enough people take the time to learn it.
>>
>>92713213
No it isn't irrelevant because the overall point is online footprint. Infinity has no presence online compared to 40k. Hell, even BattleTech and One Page Rules have a larger online footprint than Infinity.

Look, I get why you are in denial. You've obviously sunk a lot of time and effort into Infinity. But that doesn't change the fact that the game is dead. There isn't some mythical "silent majority" that's playing Infinity yet don't say anything about it online. There aren't even people playing it in real life. I don't think I've ever seen anyone playing Infinity in my local gaming scene. I haven't even seen any events for it advertised. Face it, your game isn't popular and it's dead. Move on.
>>
>>92713936
Game runs fine in my area. I've even seen a guy set up a Kill Team table near us and get completely ignored for three hours. That's not even a joke or anything, the dude just set up a table and sat there for three hours.
>>
>>92712521

Lmaoo
>>
>>92714209
I’m sure Pedro I’m sure
>>
File: gign.png (821 KB, 1113x625)
821 KB
821 KB PNG
>>92714279
More like this
>>
>>92713936
https://infinitytheuniverse.com/games/infinity/its#eventssearcher

Here's some advertised events for people using the ITS system, there's also a few discords that hold tournaments on TTS, and the annual storytelling global event is due to come around again. There's even a global community week coming up from August 24th to September 1st where CB is promoting community events.
>>
File: 1709022738261203.jpg (35 KB, 503x562)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>92714399
I don't get how a warhammer player doing something weird and awkward is unbelievable on /tg/ of all places. Some people just suck ass at running demos I guess.
>>
>>92713936
>secondaries only care about online footprint
Meanwhile I go to local gaming conventions an there are 50+ Infinity players, with only Bolt Action, 40k, and AoS being bigger.
>>
>>92714499
I'm not a secondary. I've posted my models in the 40k general. And only a boomer or someone in denial would ignore the importance of online footprint on the modern economy. And that doesn't just apply to tabletop wargaming, but to everything. That stuff matters because at the end of the day, these are still for-profit businesses running these games and if they don't keep up with ever-changing trends in how to market things to people, then they are going to fade away into irrelevance.

Maybe Corvus Belli needs to adopt some of GW's tactics and their game will grow. For example, everyone likes to shit on GW for their FOMO marketing strategy, and it is a scummy and horrible business practice, but you can't deny the effectiveness of that strategy. They do it time and time again, and even when people call them out on it, their sales still increase and their brand becomes more popular. So again, maybe Corvus Belli (and other miniature wargaming companies for that matter) should start acting a little more like GW if they want to grow their brand and steal a little bit more market share from GW.
>>
>>92714646
I think they're quite happy with their market share, they can barely produce their miniatures at the rate they sell, which has led to some side products being made by dodgy Chinese types just to get them out the door. If anything, it should become more niche, and in the last few years it's started to near equilibrium thanks to COVID and GW's resurgence.
>>
>>92712876
Not enough pauldrons and gate crushers
>>
>>92714646
>I'm not a secondary. I've posted my models in the 40k general
Oh irony
>>
>>92709351
>haha my pile of shit is the best in all these toilets!!
Making the best of something that sucks ass still means it sucks ass, retard.
>>
>>92714646
>every game must as shit as 40k
>I am not secondary
LMAO
>>
I figure if anything, it's maybe that cyberpunk has gotten a bit played out as a genre now. Deus Ex, Project Red, Blade Runner... I think the market got saturated enough that people are kind of tired of it. Even synthwave seems like it's tanked, with most of it's modern creators not being nostalgic for 80s music, but instead being nostalgic for 2010 when the genre was gaining traction. Like a photocopy of a photocopy it's losing fidelity and the spirit.

I'm not an infinity player myself, but as someone that got into Battletech between Mechwarrior 4 and MWO while everyone looked down their noses at my 'dead game', the advantage is that people who stick with it are more dedicated to the game and know their shit. You'll have to pound more pavement to find players, but when you do their quality tends to go up. Not just are they more into the game than the layman who is ready to jump ship as soon as they see next cool thing, but it also weeds out the that-guys, who more quickly run out of people willing to put up with their bullshit and move on to more popular games.

Needless to say, battletechs' so-called rebirth has been a double-edged sword, and being for everyone has never driven away such a large proportion of the players that kept it afloat this long.
>>
>>92708338
Because is dead, marketing killed the game and that warcry ripoff in shit thermoplastic wont make It better
>>
>>92708730
/tg/ being /v/ wearing /tg/s skin as a mask is half the reason why the hemorrhaging of posters is happening in the first place
>>
>>92714646
post them
>>
>>92713911
>The setting is excellent but it's still in its infancy
Looks to me like the game came out in 2005, making it old enough to post here.
>>
>>92715404
For your next question, what year did the first novel in the setting come out?
>>
>>92713152
>it's now 7 days when it used to be 14
It's never been 14. It used to be that a thread could keep going indefinitely until it hit 310 posts and bumpfag abused this fact to keep his pet threads alive on artificial bump support for over a month. Pretty much every thread that isn't a churn n burn megageneral like /40kg/ or /5eg/ now suffers because of literally a singular faggot moderation refuses to do anything about.
>>
>>92715502
I neither know nor care. I thought the discussion was about a wargame; who gives a fuck about novels?
>>
>>92715597
Turns out the lore actually isn't written in its entirety on 28mm figurines.
>>
>>92715737
What does that have to do with a two decade old game being "in its infancy"?
>>
>>92715404
NTA but 40K took about as long to find its tone and solidify its world as well. It's why so many people separate "middlehammer" from the RT era and modern tone of Warhammer
>>
>>92715798
That's not remotely true. Most of the fluff was established by 2E in 1991, 4 years after RT.
>>
>>92712380
I mean, I'm not even talking about the quality of their play, just the quantity of players. Considering the US is several times larger than Spain, it's quite baffling.
>>
>>92715762
The second Black Library book was published in 1999, 12 years after 40k was released. Even then, even after Black Library kicked into gear and with 3-4 editions of codices, 40k wasn't considered to have much lore until they and a substantial number of Chapter Approved articles were released a few years after that. Infinity has a different business model that doesn't include codices (it's not the '90s anymore after all) and they're still at that stage.
>>
>>92713911
The setting its just cyberpunk 2077+halo,nothing new. and nufinity its even worse.endsong killed the lorem
>>
>>92715831
>The second Black Library book was published in 1999
Because BL didn't exist. Ian Watson wrote 4 40k books by 1995, and they weren't the only ones.
>40k wasn't considered to have much lore
By retards that had no idea what they were talking about maybe. There's shit loads of fluff in the RT book alone, never mind all the White Dwarf articles that were published over the years.
>>
>>92715855
>There's shit loads of fluff in the RT book alone, never mind all the White Dwarf articles that were published over the years.
There's heaps of Infinity fluff of that extent just floating around blog articles and store pages too. https://www.human-sphere.com/ has most of it. The rulebook has a pretty good summary too, and with the RPG and half dozen lorebooks you have far more than 40k had until around the point I mentioned in the early-mid 2000s. Unlike 40k, Infinity lore is advancing too and there's heaps of detail around the events.
>>
>>92715870
>There's heaps of Infinity fluff
Then why the fuck are you claiming it's "in its infancy"? What the fuck is that even supposed to mean in this context?
>Infinity lore is advancing
That's a bad thing.
>>
>>92715870
NTA but 40K lore is advancing too, it's just doing so in a really annoying half-assed way where there's MASSIVE GALAXY SHATTERING EVENTS that only serve to maintain the status quo in new ways. Endsong kind of did that too by ending the CA alien invasion "arc" and returning to comfy cold War glow-ops in space, but I think it was much better handled than anything post-primaris 40K
>>
>>92715887
It's a comparison to 40k and BattleTech, basically the only other two wargames that aren't historicals. Infinity is run by a tiny company with big ideas but a slow release of lore.
>>
>>92714405
Yeah, >>92714279 is clearly a lawkeeper
>>
>>92715895
They are a bunch of retards pretending to be gw in the 2000.
>>
>>92710874
This is the real reason why infinity is dead. No one has any hype where one hacker is 5% than the other. People get mega hyped when GW releases some shiny new thing that makes your broken KT even more broken, can completely bend the laws of the game, and everyone rushes to buy the latest OP plastic crack GW pushes out.

Infinity units are all too sameish
>>
>>92713911
Setting sucks. It was supposed to be cyberpunk or corporations vs aliens.

They just turned it into USA vs China, boring as fuck. Yes I know there's an actual USA faction, but pano is USA in everything but name. Ariadna is really just your typical anglo adjacent oppressed peoples of wales/Ireland/scots, another shitty IRL political faction with 0 imagination.

Lazy Spaniards just want to squeeze a 3rd siesta in their day than write a proper story, so they just get chat gpt to scan fox news and shit out a "today, except in space" story
>>
>>92716821
>, but pano is USA in everything but name.
Except PanO is christian
>>
File: IMG_9800.jpg (88 KB, 900x506)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>92713026
They nuked this model because of a confederate flag when it was an Ariadna special
>>
>>92715893
>returning to comfy cold War glow-ops in space
Ah yes, stale and solved globohomo human boredom us comfy now.
>>
>>92716987
Yes, Pano is full of golems, how many time are we gonna repeat it?
>>
>>92717089
It leaves more room for fun scenarios than a looming alien apocalypse that never comes to fruition and can't be defeated without assloads of plot contrivances, yes. I signed on for cyberpunk glow-ops in space, not budget Halo/40K. Now if only they could revert morat aesthetics back to N3 so I could actually look forward to new models for my faction again.
>>
>>92715893
Yeah but the groggy fanbase hate its
>>
>>92717157
By supporting N4 you are literally sign up for capeshit, shilloid.
>>
>>92717157
>It leaves more room for fun scenarios
Name a few.
>>
>>92717358
>By supporting N4
I literally just mentioned I haven't bought a single N4 model due to the utter massacre morat aesthetics suffered. Are you well, anon?
>>92717372
Clandestine skirmishes like the game was meant for. You can have Yu Jing or PanO commit an atrocity and try to pin it on CA to get them kicked out of the council, CA trying to cover up an ACTUAL atrocity committed by a MAF pocket that wants to reignite the war, you can have Nomads and Exrah competing to see who can be the bigger morally bankrupt ancap cunts, more mixed operations in general. More importantly, you can just have lower stakes in general. Not everything needs to be a massive campaign that rattles the human sphere to its core because the CA isn't breathing down everyone's necks as aggressively as they were before. I'm kinda miffed they decided to go full exploring new frontiers instead of further exploring the new status quo, but even the whole Torchlight Brigade stuff would've been really dumb to focus on with the Human Sphere in constant and dire peril.
>>
>>92717314
They'll huff and grumble as they buy their fiftieth primaris lieutenant, sure.
>>
>>92717630
>Are you well, anon?
He just really wants something to be angry about, what people do or say doesn't really play into it.

>More importantly, you can just have lower stakes in general.
This. This this this this. I'm sick of people wanting Infinity to be yet another fucking 40k. PanO should be firebombing an R&D lab's residential habs to steal data on how to increase manufacturing productivity by 0.8%, Nomads should violently escalate a wage dispute on a satellite, Haqq should fuck up their positive relationship with Ariadna because The Old Man on the Mountain randomly ordered the death of one of their popular but lower order leaders. Smaller scale engagements is what the game is built around and those demand smaller stakes.
>>
>>92717737
Plus the whole shtick of deniable ops means that all the scenarios and campaigns you want can be totally invisible on the grand scale even is you succeed and change the meta since the powers that be are interested in obfuscating and sweeping the whole thing under the rug.
>>
>>92709575
Kind of the crux of why no one can really compete with GW, no one IS competing with them. GW's bread and butter is the large scale WHFB/40k/AoS stuff, with skirmish games beside it many of which you end up being able to use the stuff you would use in large games anyways (Kill Team, for example).

Every single fucking GW KILLER!1!!!!1 game is just another fucking skirmish game barring WMH, which died by PP being bumbling retards. There are no games trying to compete in the WARGAMING market. And I understand why, it's costly to build a whole new army both for the player and developer. But if you want a GW competitor you have to compete in the same market and for the same demographic of players which by and large want to see their 150 dudes on the table slapping another 150 dudes.

That's before you get to brand recognition, (shit) lore depth, and the total presentation. There are so many reasons as to why games flounder in front of Warhammer, but everyone just says "But pricing!" People will pay out the asshole for things they like and think are cool, as smart or stupid as it is. No one in the market does cool, at least in a generic normie sense, like GW does.
>>
>>92718016
>Every single fucking GW KILLER!1!!!!1 game is just another fucking skirmish game barring WMH, which died by PP being bumbling retards.
Even Warmahordes started as a skirmish game too. In fact it bloating up to something approaching a full-size wargame is something a lot of people in my area actively disliked.
>>
>>92718377
Would Dropzone count as that? Although to me its scale seems a bit closer to Epic
>>
>>92718408
Drop zone is 100% 'epic scale' its nowhere close to 28/32mm scale games
>>
>>92718564
Hm, how about that Star Wars Legions thing? Its one of the best selling games, no?
>>
>>92718016
>Every single fucking GW KILLER!1!!!!1 game is just another fucking skirmish game barring WMH
Warmachine and Hordes were originally designed and conceived of as skirmish games. It's just that the game continued to get more and more bloated, with larger and larger armies as a result.
>>
>>92718016
>Every single fucking GW KILLER!1!!!!1 game is just another fucking skirmish game barring WMH, which died by PP being bumbling retards.
That you have never even heard of Conquest or the Song of Ice and Fire game shows how well large scale stuff works.
>>
>>92718595
No idea.
That game is 28/32mm scale though
>>
>>92710031
I'll be honest, I think the one on the right is sexier
>>
>>92718595
Still closer to skirmish than 40K scale wargame from what I've seen
>>
>>92718842
Because over all it is, considering the one on the left is nearly 20 years old. Of all of the new nuns, that was probably the worst one to try and use as an example to compare to the old ones. Should have used Agatha who is somewhere between uncle ruckus and a terraformars roach depending on if you're looking at the dossier art or the mini.
>>
>>92718842
It's the vagina bones.
>>
>>92712949
>Not doing pinup models isn't going woke

It by definition is. It's apparent where their loyalties lie, and it's not with us.
>>
>>92719028
>It by definition is.
What is the definition of "woke" you are using, exactly?
>>
>>92719174
Doing literally anything, no matter what, to make something less erotic.
>>
>>92708338

I can only speak for myself, but I hate
HATE
Infinity's setting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5GFC4VU8lk
It is to me a worthless universe, not even a dystopia but a place where nothing worth fighting for exists anymore.
>>
>>92719590
>a place where nothing worth fighting for exists anymore.
Which would be...?
>>
>>92719193
Seeing as how sexuality in gaming is a moral crime, I fail to the the problem. There shouldn't be erotic things in tabletop wargames. You shouldn't even be able to see the female form, since it serves no purpose but to tempt men into sin.
>>
>>92719174
Apparently that anon feels that anything short of being a complete misogynistic pig who does nothing but objectify and sexualize women is "woke". In other words, being a decent human being is "woke" in his eyes.
>>
>>92720381
I mean I write smut for a living, so I have complete sympathy for being a misogynistic pig, but also I understand that sex doesn't actually sell that well. I seem to remember somebody on the Taimanin team saying they probably could have made a lot more money if their game wasn't stuck with the porn game tag, and they even made Action Taimanin SFW IIRC. Those guys are definitely not woke, just following the money.
>>
>>92719897
I think he means it lacks struggle or something?
>>
>>92720381
>objectify
Meaningless buzzword used to smear literally everything that a straight male instinctively likes.
>decent human being
Decent human beings are horny. Weirdo prudes are the opposite of decent.

>>92720349
Lmao

>>92720485
False. Taimanin only exists in nerfed form because that's the only way to get it on Android and iOS stores, no other reason.
>>
>>92720620
>False. Taimanin only exists in nerfed form because that's the only way to get it on Android and iOS stores, no other reason.
So... they make more money that way? Fucking moron.
>>
>>92720544
No, I mean I don't connect or identify with any of the factions in the game and can't root for any of them. A war in that universe means nothing to me because I don't have a team I'm invested in.
>>
>>92720627
I knew you'd make that dishonest argument but it does not support your original point. You claimed that sex makes things sell less, wshen it's not being on the biggest storefronts that makes things sell less.
>>
>>92720684
>You claimed that sex makes things sell less, wshen it's not being on the biggest storefronts that makes things sell less.
Why is it not on the biggest platform you fucking moron? Because of the sex, perhaps?
>>
>>92720695
Dishonest argument. You're trying to frame a causal relation from a completely unrelated factor.
>>
>>92720710
Sex -> not allowed on Android/iOS store -> less sales.

Pretty much every single middleman company either caters specifically to the sex industry (e.g. OnlyFans) or they would rather fire you out of a cannon than let you use their platform.
>>
>>92720755
That does not support your original argument. Your original argument was that sex _intrinsically_ makes things sell less, because people don't like it. Not that it makes it difficult to get on popular stores, which is a completely different and unrelated issue.

The correct conclusion is that sex intrinsically makes things sell more because people DO like it, but it makes it harder to get on normie platforms. Taimanin is evidence of this as it constantly pushes against such limits on those platforms. If your initial assertion were correct, the franchise would instead voluntarily neuter itself far below Google/Apple demands.
>>
>>92720806
Okay. Why do you think that normie platforms ban Taimanin Asagi?
>>
>>92720818

Because they're owned by a bunch of fucking faggots.
>>
>>92720824
Nope. I'm actually in this industry, so let me enlighten you. The actual causal chain, it is:
- Porn is stigmatized
- So people who do buy it, more frequently charge back (wife finds the charge on the credit card bill or the like)
- So the banks charge more for transactions involving porn.
- So middleman companies don't want to include porn, because they don't want to get charged more, so they just ban it.

But all this goes right back to sexy stuff being stigmatized. If it wasn't stigmatized there wouldn't be charge backs. It's not just banks, either - why is every single ad on porn sites for more porn? People who jack off need iPhone cases, refrigerators, mattresses, etc, just as much as any other demographic. The reason is simple: ad companies don't want their refrigerators associated with porn. Because porn is stigmatized.
>>
>>92720872
>Nope. I'm actually in this industry, so let me enlighten you.
>posts hilarious and obviously false circular justification
>>
File: 1715032321140164.jpg (289 KB, 1500x1500)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>porn-addled teenagers complaining about a game they were never going to play
Perfect, Infinity is in an almost ideal place, leave well enough alone
>>
>>92720872
You're not wrong about porn or sexuality being generally stigmatized, but it's also worth nothing that a lot of general crackdowns on adult (or, really, adult-ish-if-you-squint) content stem from payment processors. Almost every change stems from them, and a lot of them have ties to the religious right in America, who are obviously interested in tamping down anything sexual. Peter Thiel is the most blatant example, being a very overt right wing activist who founded PayPal and is at most one degree of separation away from like 90% of internet and financial service companies like Stripe and Facebook.

There legitimately is a widespread stigmatization of sexual content, but we can't really ignore how much of it is also coming from up top.
>>
>>92721115
>porn-addled teenagers complaining about a game they were never going to play
Is that what you call it when you rock up to the game store and everyone says "infinity what?"
>>
>>92721238
I rock up for the regular Infinity Games Day and have a great time. One nice thing is that it's not all teenagers like the Kill-Team days.
>>
File: NMM_scaled.jpg (1.03 MB, 1754x1240)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>92721115
Post your models
>>
>>92721249
Is that the game of complaining on the internet about "teenage coomers" playing the anime fanservice game?
>>
File: 20240423_161044.jpg (1.64 MB, 4032x2268)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>92721276
Just based this bad boy.
>>
>>92721289
opinion accepted, carry on
>>
>>92721301
Riding this, Infinity is really the perfect wargame for any older than 19 who has started to look beyond GW.
>extremely detailed lore to the extent of a historical with lots of philosophical content
>beautiful minis in a game where each individual model is a showpiece because you have at most 15 of them
>gameplay second to none and completely different to any other wargame, balanced so that faction is almost irrelevant to performance
>small, tight-knit, but dedicated community which is totally approving of proxies (eg, a more erotic model for a less erotic one if that was your thing) but supportive of Corvus Belli and its content creators
It really doesn't get much better than this, my biggest concern is how much longer the good days can last.
>>
>>92720669
That's fair enough, I think their aesthetics are kinda bland myself
>>
>>92718601
Even the initial full army version of wmh was very small. IIRC 150pt army for mk2, which was basically a unit, a light jack and caster, so less than 15 models. It's only towards the end of mk2 points bloated to 300-500 that it went to 4+ units, a few solos, no jacks and a caster. Mk3 also started off smaller, with 35pt games being standard, then bloated to 50, and eventually 75pt games.

Wmh really shit the bed. It was the only game that didn't rely on GW being shit to prosper. I remember people used to call it the war gaming version of mtg. Abilities and combos were wild. I remember getting killed turn 1 by a skarre bomb. I remember getting popped and dropped round 2. I remember this guy who suicided all his troops for mad focus then blew me up across the map. It was mad.

Their sculpts were dogshit, and people very quickly got sick of them. Everything beyond jacks were shit, rounded, large and vague details. 0 airbrush potential. Fluff was very interesting, and you cared when Denny died, and Hayley became timelord or some shizz. You were always wondering what gaspy was doing, and the storyline did progress.

Infinity is the exact opposite. Game is more boring than white bread, almost like chess. Sculpts are 10/10, but too hard for beginners, and getting too homogeneous. It's always some model doing generic rifle pose leaning on generic tactical rock.
>>
>>92720669
>bawww, where's my morally pure good guys?!
Ironically, this exact same mentality and GW's catering to it is exactly what killed a lot of my interest in 40K. Then again, I always enjoy playing villains and there's no shortage of scumbags in Infinity. Even the most "righteous" faction in my opinion is still a bunch of secessionist cybersamurai terrorists, but that's part of what makes them fun.
>>
>>92720669
>>92721572
I think part of the trouble is that CB doesn't "sell" factions like GW does, by releasing a codex and a battle report and blog articles saying how badass they are. This is something people complain about GW doing (because it inevitably means that earlier released armies get thumped by later released armies), and Infinity isn't constantly rereleasing armies every couple of years like GW, but as a result you are left perusing fairly bland historical-style blurbs.
>>
>>92721572
There are clearly good factions in infinity.

Ariadna is clearly good. Nomads are good other than a small Mafia problem. Haqq is good. Pano is nu American, so good, beyond their extreme capitalism. O12 is the bumbling good UN faction.

The bad guys are yu jing, because China bad. Aleph is a megacorp. CA is aliens.

You could literally play a marvel superheroes style good guys team up and bash the axis of evil game in the RPG.
>>
>>92721593
>but as a result you are left perusing fairly bland historical-style blurbs
Which caters perfectly well to a different audience. I prefer reading about clinical clandestine operations and the psychology of drug addicted space bugs who find meaning in their artificially induced shortened lifespans by bragging about sponsorships for their warcrimes streams than a bunch of wank articles about how COMMANDER WANKIUS BLOODFART IS BACK! AGAIN! ITS SO FREAKIN EPIC! BUY ALL HIS PLAYESTS AND TOYS!

Not to mention CB doesn't mind actually killing off named characters of models they sell, so you never run into the obnoxious stalemates that define all these massive, galaxy-shaking conflicts GW tries to sell you on.
>>
>>92721624
>Ariadna
Luddites who genocided the Antipodes.
>Nomads
A mix of criminals, cults, and anarchists.
>HaqqIslam
Withholds the rights to immortality so they can make more money.
>PanO
Has subverted the Church to serve the state and has completely submitted to a demigod AI.
>O-12
A Vichy France organisation beholden to the EI.

As for bad guys
>YJ
Yeah these guys are pretty bad, though you could argue that since they limit ALEPH and want to stop PanO from being the sole major power they have their upsides.
>ALEPH
A subset of O-12 designed to give the demigod AI the ability to interact directly with the world and present propaganda victories. They are probably bad because the AI is bad but no moreso than the other non-Nomad non-Ariadna non-CA factions.
>CA
I would argue these guys are good. They are an alien confederacy where we have first-hand accounts that being taken over by them isn't so bad actually, and their EI is no worse than ALEPH - possibly better since we understand its motives more.
>>
>>92721624
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, but even every "good" faction you mentioned is not without their plenty of skeletons in the closet.
>>
>>92721653
I agree entirely, I prefer operation-style reports to Space Marine superhero #1358 heroically slaughtering 4000 hapless bugs, but I can hazard a guess at which option sells more toy soldiers to 13-year olds.
>>
>>92721666
>Luddites who genocided the Antipodes.
Luddites implies that they have no interest in advanced foreign technology, which just isn't true. As for the antipodes, they had a penchant for attacking pregnant women; fuck'em.
>>
>>92721781
>Implying those pregnant women weren't unwitting bait to make more werewolf and hybrid bastard soldiers
>>
>>92721673
Its more interesting than the "today, but in space" setting of infinity.

At the very least, roided up castrated supersoldiers have better individual stories than telling a grand political narrative of massive states and entities where barely anything changes.
>>
>>92722150
>today, but in space
Yes, that is cyberpunk (well, it doesn't have to be in space, but Infinity's space is low scale).
>barely anything changes.
Just in the best two lorebooks
>entire Japanese sectorial revolted against YJ in a massive war, in-game they got moved to their own separate army
>CA launches massive new invasion of every human planet, forces its way onto O-12 in an armistice, the ramifications of which created the latest sectorial
>>
>>92722198
I don't know what any of that means because I don't give a shit about Infinity's lore. So nothing you said carries any weight with me and probably the vast majority of people who read your post.
>>
>>92722213
>The lore sucks, nothing ever changes
>Actually these two massive changed just occured.
>UGH I don't even know anything about your dumb setting, who fucking cares?!
Christ, you're both stupid and a little bitch.
>>
File: 1700299759176999.png (790 KB, 859x981)
790 KB
790 KB PNG
>I know the lore and it's shit! Nothing happens!
>Here are some examples where important things happen and they have consequences for the game itself
>I don't know the lore but it's still shit anyway!
epic
>>
>>92722303
based Jashin-chan enjoyer
>>
>>92722198
All that sounds like gobbledygook space politics hype. Omg, nu USA has invaded nu China on all fronts causing nu Japan to be the latest hype faction, political manuveuring hype and all that, just like Ukraine and Russia, wow, much politics, wow much cool, wow much IRL politics, #maga #istandwithher #ynwa #slaveUkraine

Vs

Brother thundercock smashed his great hammer, the pussy destroyer against the nurgle simp cultists head, causing 100 other heads around him to explode. He felt a dull ache in his head as the csm champion trudged towards him with a massive maul, chaos symbols on his armour screaming heresies at him. He readied his trusty hammer, and knew in his heart of hearts, the emperor protects.

Sounds ridiculous but people play these things to escape reality, not dive into the world of boring space politics.
>>
>>92722599
This is precisely why Infinity is good: because it filters edgy 12-year olds.
>>
>>92722622
If I wanted politics in space, I'd go work in law, finance or accounting. At least I get paid to get bored out of my brains.

Its the pseudo intellectuals that feel the need to act sophisticated that are into these sort of shit.

The average high stress white collar worker just wants to go home and read something fun and ridiculous. The unemployed neets are the ones who wants boring fictional space politics.

Not arguing which is more tasteful or better (neither are), but one is exponentially more marketable than the other.
>>
>>92722667
Funny, I'm a lawyer, and most of the players I know work for the government or military. Could just be the small sample size but anyway the point is Warhammer players are pathetic manchildren.
>>
>>92722733
Actually my group is made up of the secret ruling leaders of society that decide world events, so I dunno, maybe it's a maturity issue on your part.
>>
>>92722667
>retard
>thinks his love for 40k makes him superior
>reddit spacing
Name a more iconic combo
>>
File: kytHFwE.jpg (48 KB, 449x401)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
What's with these bad faith arguments, there's normally at least a scrap effort from the neggers.
>>
>>92722733
Then unless you're a public defender on minimum wage, you'd know that the #1 criteria for a good product is sales. You're not a good lawyer because you can open and shut quick, you're a good lawyer because you can sell dragging things out as long as people can tolerate.
Space politics is as retarded or more retarded than muscle men, but only one sells.
>>
>>92722733
>>92722805
Mine are (other than me) literally all engineers, so I'd believe it.
Another anecdote is that most are 40+ y/o men that complement my older cake models, and miss 'the good old days'.
>>
>>92722667
fag
>>
>bland aesthetics (factions not distinct enough, individual units too alike)
>bland unit profiles (x1000 units which do the same thing)
>kits rarely include optional components (no conversions/your dudes)
>description of every unit is the same
>cringe background
>anime
>>
I glued my balls to my butthole.
>>
>>92708338
I found a really cool faction I was interested in. Their playstyle was boring and it was full of furries you needed to perform well. The other factions were gay or anime communists, which are also gay.
The game hides its ugliness well, like a burka.
>>
>>92724990
Found the Imperial Guard player
>>
>>92709304
Lol no, the only thing plastic is better at id if you do serious conversions, literally every other aspect is worse
>>
>>92709527
Bro nomads have way worse shit than that, it's a literal no rules anything goes hab units for sale
>>
>>92712545
Kys
>>
>>92712521
Just bought some recast loup garous and looking forward to adding these guys
>>
>>92721653
The GW stalemate/static lore was a fantastic concept, they ditched it and look what happened
>>
>>92725237
More siocast shills , really Carlos?
>>
>>92725402
Anon, please PLEASE actually read reply chains before you make a fool of yourself again. I'm not even that anon but he's clearly shilling for metal over any other material and actively shitting on siocast. Your obsession with shitposting about infinity has gotten so bad you're trying to start arguments with people who are actively criticizing CB.
>>
>>92708338
For me, no more sexy females killed the interest.

But in general, every single release looks like the previous one, with a different paint coat.
>>
File: IMG_2533.jpg (36 KB, 348x509)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>92708362
>>92708591
>>92708672
>>92709406
>>92710176
>>92710296
>>92710439
>>92710470
>>92712009
>>92712949
>>92713093
>>92713114
>>92713788
>>92719028
>>92719174
No one can actually define what woke is. It’s just another social media buzzword that means “thing I don’t like”. People will use it to mean both “less sexuality” and “more sexuality” at the same time because they have radically different definitions of what it actually means. If you’re upset about them making the models less sexy call it politically correct or something instead.
>>
>>92725456
>People will use it to mean both “less sexuality” and “more sexuality” at the same time
You're (purposefully) confusing sensuality and gender politics here. Something can be both less sensual but more obsessed with sexually explicit topics are the same time. A transwymyn lecturing about the discharge of xir freshly dilated neovagina is an inherently sexual topic, but nobody would call it sensual. So yes, "woke" can simultaneously mean "less pantyshots and skimpy outfits" as well as "more weird, hamfisted grandstanding about sexually explicit gender politics"
>>
>>92725456
Sexuality but acceptable because it's gross. Safe horny.

Also mass replying means you're automatically wrong so write that down.
>>
>>92725456
>NOOOO! you can only use MY approved terminology because I want to control the way you think!
Lmao every time
>>
Infinity is a dead game because this opinion yields the most (you)s on this circlejerk website
>>
>>92725724
He was just stating the obvious that the buzzword of the election cycle has lost all of its meaning. Doesn't mean he has some secret agenda, you absolute retard. "Muh prudeness" has never even been part of the definition of the term, it was only after grifters started to spam the term that it became synonymous with pc.
>>
>>92725854
>it doesn't mean anything even though everyone knows exactly what it means, also I'm going to ignore you dismantling my argument because I don't like your tone
Lol
>>
Two different stores in my area play the game so I can play the game twice a week some weeks which is nice. I think like most tabletop games it depends on where you live. I'll always play the game over 40K given the shit GW pulls.
>>
Infinity fans get so fucking mad whenever you say the games dead yet they will smuggly act superior still lmao
>>
>>92721115
This is what keeps me in the game. The local 40K players are usually around 13 years old while the Infinity crowd is made up of actual adults which is great. I'm sure that 40K is fun and it has some cool minis, but teenagers who don't paint their minis just aren't my scene. My only other alternative in the area would be to get into historicals which I'm way too young for.
>>
>>92725880
>I don't understand the past, present and context, my world is a meaningless vortex of anger towards things I don't understand
Least retarded polyp.
>>
>>92725776
>the youtuber said the word so I use it
>"but that word doesn't mean anything"
>nooo, stop trying to brainwash me!!!
Such fragility. Truth doesn't fear challenge.
>>
>>92721666
>Employs Umbra, Shasvastii, and Exrah
>Good

Look I'm not saying the Human Sphere is sunshine and roses. But. They aren't conquering other galaxies for processing-power-lebensraum using giga-sadists, body snatchers, and the Bug East India Company. The Combined Army is bad people. The only acceptable types are Morats, who merely seek to crush the opponents they have been given in open warfare, and Sygmaa, who are stepping out from being under the yoke of the Triumvirate's scheming.

Do the Human Sphere and Tohaa do a lot of fucked up, authoritarian, exploitative, inhuman shit? Yes. Does the EI do all that with the dial turned up to 11? Also yes. You can't send out Nourkias and then claim you were doing it for the good of his victims.
>>
>>92729019
>They aren't conquering other galaxies for processing-power-lebensraum using giga-sadists, body snatchers, and the Bug East India Company.
But they ARE expanding into galaxy while employing Yu Jing, Haqqislam and PanO?!?
>>
>>92708625
What did Rackham do?

>>92709406
Yup

>>92708638
N3 Icestorm was so successful that it bought them an entirely new studio. But their success was lightning in a bottle. It was during a time GW was at it's lowest, PP was crashing and burning, people were looking for a balanced game, and everyone was just mimicking GW grimdark while Infinity offered a fresh aesthetic. CB being the incompetent spics they are decided they want to do a 180 on that make their minis even more generic that ever before, remove any of the cheesecake, nonsense redesigns, and discontinue armies while making them still playable because of muh SKUs even though they keep adding more and more bloat to the game.
>>
>>92728540
Nice projection, wokescold.
>>92728561
>Truth doesn't fear challenge
>he says, dodging making an actual rebuttal for the Nth time
Lol
>>
>>92729019
Show me on the doll where Nourkias touched you.
>>
>>92731368
You're arguing with several anons, schizo. You're just afaraid to challenge your negative tendencies.
>>
>>92708625
>The game died with N3
In what universe? It's when it took off, dumdum.
>>
>>92710112
If you visit both long enough, you notice a stark difference in board cultures and moderation. Shit that flies in /v/ isn't tolerated in /tg/.
>>
>>92731491
>You're just afaraid to challenge your negative tendencies.
Oh, the irony
>>
>>92723757
if a product makes enough sales among its target audience that it can keep producing, does it need to sell more? i don't personally play infinity but from this thread it seems like a niche game that appeals to a particular subset of wargamers and most of the proposed changes i'm seeing in here are 'it should be more like 40k because i want 40k but don't like GW'
>>
>>92731590
>n-no u!
Weak. Wallow in your grime, pig.
>>
Infinity never had hype.
>>
>>92731772
Zoom zoom
>>
>>92731772
Initially yes. It got massive during 6th and 7th where half points of eldar could table tyranids. Also, all units had broken special rules out of the wazzoo, scatbikes, unkillable holo falcons, etc.

People were sick of imbalance and special rules. Infinity was the direct opposite of that, so people flocked to it. Plus, their sculpts were starting to get really nice then. This was the start of the Joan era, starting with the limited edition angel mini, where minis were digitally designed.

Infinity was never sustainable. It was born out of backlash against GW, so their fortunes were tied to how shit GW was.

This is as compared to warmahordes. They were a true market disruptor till they shat the bed and died.
>>
>>92732058
>It was born out of backlash against GW, so their fortunes were tied to how shit GW was.
I wouldn't go this far at all. Infinity is still very successful, to the extent that they have trouble producing enough stock to keep up with demand. It's just that they unexpectedly got big enough for a brief time to become a potential minor rival to GW, but now they're back to their natural market state and quite comfortable there.
>>
>>92726033
So teaching about the horrors of slavery isn't woke?
>>
>>92732519
That cares to the second
>>
>>92733652
I thought Jews were the ones who sold all the slaves? Or did we dump that one because it was inconvenient? Did they also invent the idea that slavery was bad? Because I thought that was the French or the Quakers, depending on how you want to count it.

The reason "you don't see anybody saying woke means something that caters to 'trannies and kikes'" is because you're just pattern-matching "I don't like it = Jews must like it."

I might as well say that woke is things that retarded neo-Nazis dislike and then every time I call something woke my imagined retarded neo-Nazi doesn't like it. Only that would probably be closer to an accurate understanding of neo-Nazis.
>>
>>92732519
No, wokeness is teaching that whites are naturally racist and non-whites will always be enslaved by them either openly or covertly.
Woke people believe in the 1619 project and that the only reason America declared independence was to keep having slaves.
Ironically ethnocentrism and ethnic cleansing is woke. That's probably why they like Hamas and Houthi (both groups directly quoting Nazis).
>>
>>92731100
The fact that your old minis are still legal is one of the best part of your game. The game is proxy friendly too so you can run whatever as the discontinued models if you feel like it. It's way better than what GW does with randomly removing factions from competitive play so they can push new shiny.
>>
>>92733695
Woke is a religious idealogy that demands total conformity and allegiance. It's stated ideals are equality and diversity and endless acceptance, but words are just shields to them.

Their real ideal are absolute total supremacy of the "woke" hivemind/group think and subjugation of normal people, they do this by using compassion as a weapon and the absolute ostracization of anything that is deemed non-woke or problematic.

For example they claim to see racism everywhere and are owed the entire world for their suffering. This is despite the fact that racism was practically done and gone until they brought it back by committing crimes and injustices on the "evil neo-nazis" that turned out tonjust be normal people and no matter what evidence you show them they'll keep on attacking.

They are idealogical zombies, empty except for hate, greed and lies, they are lost souls who act very much like the nazis they claim to hate and see reflected everywhere.

Now I don't know much of infinity but I always appreciated the anime aesthetic, is it true it's gone/shifted away?
>>
>>92733917
If only I had old minis!!!
>>
>>92732058
>People were sick of imbalance and special rules
>Infinity was the direct opposite of that
Kek, what?
>>
>>92711849
Wtf I love Infinity now
>>
>>92731754
>still no rebuttal
Xhe's a hypocrite, too!
>>
>>92717047
No, because it has issues with producing the miniature. If you had desperadoes you would know. But you dont have them, moron, you make up shit for the sake of giving your life some sort of meaning. Kill yourself.
>>
>>92734334
>game where faction has almost no bearing on skill
>game with no special rules, only universal rules
>>
File: 1326675.jpg (37 KB, 318x410)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>92724796
Infinity isn't actually very anime and that's its biggest flaw. It's aesthetically a "how to draw manga" book.
>>
>people ITT whining it's too hard to get Tohaa
>CB literally posted this today
>>
>>92708338
Five years ago I'd salivate at near every release they would put out, today I can count handful-two ones a year. The problems are multiple:
>they barely even maintain pretense that infinity is just their meal ticket, and all actual effort is going into Warcrow which they believe will be huge deal (lol)
>as a result they can't be really fucked to balance this game at all. N4 was supposed to tighten the game up but it feels just as bloated, and they only revise anything when they want to sell new shit to you. New profiles are either crazy op or boring and sameish because there isn't really any space for new ablities and equipment ( or so they think). Old profiles that haven't had revision since 40k 7th ed still suck.
>most of the sculpting and painting talent has left. And the designs just.. Don't have that "it" anymore. Even with things that I had been waiting for year don't manage to hype me up. And some of the newer releases look like they were designed by midjourney.
>siocast sucks biblical bouts of ass
> it's no longer very cheap to get into if it ever was. And it was always difficult too, due to rules amd skill floor. Especially compared to KT.
>The momentum is just gone and people like me got older
Personally I fancy historicals more these days. Want to get into Quars as well
>>
>>92733917
This is cope. If anything is going to be tourney legal should be in production. At least GW, as fucking trash-tier studio as they are, has the matched play and legends options. It doesn't help when people want to play a discontinued army and support an lgs or the studio, and the studio gets in the way of that.

>>92711849
Because it's few and far between.
>Nice nomad ass.
Too bad the rest of bakunin looks like absolute trash.
>Cute O-12 butts
The rest of O-12 looks like shit especially torchlight
>Sexy sophotect
Unfortunately, ALL of nuALEPH is assless.
etc etc etc. You've cherry picked a few newer miniatures, but ignore all the ugly shit and covered up asses since the beginning of N4

>>92735313
It's not even that. It's all capeshit now.
>>
>>92735313
It's still anime enough to put off people who don't like anime.
>>
the way CB sells their models is also ASS, I don't want to buy reinforcement pack beta, I just want one of the models from the pack. part of the reason why it was so cheap to get into back in the day was because the entire game existed in blister packs with "start collecting" boxes aimed to provide the base troops. in addition to pushing for sectorials it's even more wonky, if I played hassassins I don't need any of the non- hassassin troops for sale, but I can't get only hassassin stuff outside of the starter kit, so I am forced to spend extra money on non-hassassin shit.
>>
>>92736268
This. When I was getting into it you could get practically everything piecemeal off the shelf, there was like one starter-exclusive model which was easily converted by a blister variant of the same unit.
Now if I wanna update my Hassassins or Phalanx, nah fuck you buy a big box of shit you already have just for 1-2 models which you don't have yet...oh well I'll just proxy and put off the purchase until I can find one second-hand.
>>
>>92735433
>>92734159
Just proxy newer models in then. That's OK as long as they are the right size. No one cares that I use a regular hexa as Knauf or a Squalos Mk. 2 as a Tikbalang as I make it clear to my opponent.
>>
>>92735313
SOVL
>>
Total n00b here. What is Haqqislam about and is it fun?
>>
>>92718842
this
>>92710031
get better taste. sexy strut> than "big bobba and heres my but"
not that much personality in the first.
>>
>>92737442
Basically a new islamic sect that decided to focus on scientific discovery and ditch the question of who inherits Muhammed altogether and becoming more progressive
Mostly light infantry with superhuman capabilities and regen
>>
>>92708338
Felt like it never really had anything to "Hold" people if that made sense.
>>
>>92708362
What are the new minis made of? Because I fucking hate dealing with metal minis. If they’re good quality plastic I’ll check it out
>>
>>92714279
I actually really liked other M's Feddie suit...

tangent, but I really wish they made a slightly more survival horror Metroid game where you play as a normal marine and have to scavenge ammo and shit on an alien planet. maybe with samus doing a mission in the background. Especially if it played like gloomwood ( 1st person thief/dishonored/deus ex stealth and controls + Resident evil item management). or a 2d stealth game somehow kinda like zero mission but more involved.

Would be super kino.
>>
>>92737636
soicast and soicast derivatives
>>
>>92737636
>t. Has only ever dealth with post-lead Citadel minis, aka the worst pewter on the market
>>
>>92710176
All nerd hobbies are full of mentally ill gay retards. The only thing that could solve it would have been to drag some people kicking and screaming to get laid about 10 years ago.
>>
>>92708338
One issue is the utterly forgettable name "Infinity"
>>
>>92737729
>>92737755
so nobody knows what they’re made of or what?
>>
>>92738515
New bigger minis (mechs, drones, furries) sre either siocast and another similar thermoplastic called "unicool".

Small minis are still metal.
>>
>>92726033
I would've defined woke as left-wing identity politics but I like your definition better.
>>
>>92737442
Mechanically, their gimmick is "trading up," risking cheap and disposable units so they can take out expensive and essential opponents. They usually do this through jammers, impersonators, ambushers, and other units that are great when they get the drop on opponents or otherwise fight on their terms but tend to get vaporized in "fair" fights.

Very fun IMO. They also have a handful of straightforward asskickers so you're not pigeonholed into one playstyle, but by and large their faction identity is light troops that excel at getting into unfair fights. Also stupidly good doctors; their medtech is second to none since a big part of their lore is that they're Golden Age Islam 2.0 plus a monopoly on the setting's magical biotechnology.
>>
>>92737636
>crisper detail than plastic
>lasts forever
why do you hate dealing with metal?
>>
>>92737442
One of the best things about Infinity, a fun factions that can compete with anyone and any mission by using a diverse toolkit.
>>
>>92735410
There is literally zero chance they don't have eyes on this general and I would not be surprised if those complaint posts were just astroturfing.
A good portion of those sculpts are so well executed it doesn't matter how old they are, the style and direction carries them and they absolutely MOG the trash coming out of CB now.

I like to think my advocacy for looking at recasters for superior old sculpts has had a hand in this reprint.
>>
>>92735410
>oh? maybe I'll get the Gorgos and Sukeuls I can't get anywhere
>nevermind, it's just 2 specific packs with useless shit
>>
File: tg2024.png (2.26 MB, 2967x2182)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
>>92708591
>>92708672
>>92711625
>>92712009
>>92712030
>>92725456
>>92725854
>>92728540
>>92731754
>>
>>92740885
Announcement of this came far earlier than this thread and nobody gives a shit about 4chan and board culture in general. It is irrelevant and nothing but I HATE CB AAA I HATE CB and retarded discussion of how its all gone to shit like a circle of deadbeat wifes sharing their woes and wailing together can be found here and even relatively considered valueable. Even that can be found at vauls discord. Nothing of value is discussed in infinity threads and thats why they die and are unpopular.
Oh yes, the whinning "its so unsexy now" from porn-rotten. Thats 4chan unique thing because everywhere else it is embarassing to speak of.
>>
File: 1685884936342702.gif (369 KB, 500x465)
369 KB
369 KB GIF
>>92741389
>this thread
This general.
>nobody gives a shit about 4chan
Literally wrong. Some of the best QC has come from here, Not this thread, but this website. Then there is the obvious shilling from the actual game devs you can find.
The golden toilet might be a container for shit but it is the fanciest container and there is a downstream effect it has.
>>
>>92742010
I wish my mouth was atttached to a golden toilet and anime women would shit in it
>>
>>92735433
>Because it's few and far between.
As it always was, Anon.
>(...) looks like shit especially torchlight
Most of them aren't even out yet. What about them do you not like?
>Unfortunately, ALL of nuALEPH is assless.
I guess Scylla and Nisaie are pretty easy to ignore if you don't have the models. Wait for OSS instead of the faction with the homo poster-boy greeks to start looking for ass.

You're in the wrong game. Complaining about times that never were through porn tinted glasses. Hell, even the volunteer that got her skirt taken away because one blogger got her pussylips in a knot got replaced by ass-out battle leggings for the entirety of the female line of volunteers after n2. You're just unhappy, I hope you find something more fulfilling than complaining about a game you don't take part in one day.
>>
>>92737442
They're the setting's only genuine good guys.
>>
Just finished this infinity model i found in my brother basement, how's this?
>>
>>92744260
Pretty good, I'll have it.
>>
>>92708338
Eastern sci-fi aesthetic puts me right to sleep. Soulless with no identity.
>>
>>92746270
>Eastern sci-fi aesthetic
>no identity
and yet you were able to identify it, curious
>>
>>92735642
That's the issue
>Too anime-ish to put off westaboos
>Not anime-ish enough to attract weaboos
That's just setting yourself up for failure.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.