[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715048229801232.jpg (28 KB, 437x800)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Gimp Edition
>Previous Thread
>>92702978

>Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/WiCHizn0
>Mediafire
https://mediafire.com/folder/s9esc6u7ke8k5/CofD
>Mega I
https://mega.nz/folder/ePQ1BKhJ#RCosRCh59Ki2Mpb1M9H3Uw
>Mega II (also containing fanmade games)
https://mega.nz/folder/ZbQ2zLJA#DOT-3df6rS2lLet4_RmqJQ/folder/gfASQLSB
>WoD5 Mega
https://mega.nz/folder/7rQQ1LbQ#16_AiXVGo0P3_rVOJuoZyA
>STV content folders
https://pastebin.com/9i9zhydQ
>General Creation Kit
https://mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw
>Ideas: BJ Zanzibar's WoD
http://167.99.155.149/
>Anders Mage Page
http://mage.gearsonline.net/anders/
>White Wolf Wiki:
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Thread Question
How do handle retainers at your table? What do like and dislike about that type of merits?
>>
>>92728938
I just make them a shared NPC between me & the player, player gets to control them for the most part. Shallow RP at best. Any player that wants to have a soliloquy & wax poetic with themselves will get shut down.
>>
File: Woof Killa.png (16 KB, 911x26)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>92728938
Is this a good Sphere dot spread for a Malfean Nephandus that antagonizes a Woof caern? Or is it too OP?
>>
>>92728938
>How do handle retainers at your table? What do like and dislike about that type of merits?
In CofD, I ban 4- or 5-dot retainers; getting a second PC for such a low cost is too good.
>>
>>92729202
Too OP. You need to justify why he can't magic away the actual Caern directly.
>>
>>92729133
Fair enough.
>>92729235
>In CofD, I ban 4- or 5-dot retainers; getting a second PC for such a low cost is too good.
Yeah it is too strong. especially when you get the enhanced versions.
>>
File: 1539193521425[1].jpg (178 KB, 540x720)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>92729202
>Correspondence 5
>Entropy 5
>Spirit 5
>TIme 4
>>
File: Spoiler Image (772 KB, 484x271)
772 KB
772 KB GIF
Last thread someone asked for The Hedge. Here you go. Enjoy :3
sendspace dot com slash file slash d2k199
>>
>TQ
I like Retainers/Contacts/Supernatural Friend/Kinfolk/Mentor and similar because it's a NPC that can connect easier with players, causa drama, tension and help players with problems. As a bonus, I can roleplay a friendly face to them.
However, I dislike Enemy/Hunted/Persistent Parents and such because it's a NPC that's a problem for the player and I find sometimes hard to fit these in general storylines or even getting lost on how or when this NPC will come up and how this NPC can fuck player's life. My previous campaign had two to three players getting Enemy Flaw and I could only think one way for one of these to come up in-game, making him an overarching antagonist.
>>
>>92729499
I like one to two dot enemy. I played a game where the two dot enemy was a friendly rival that would try to thwart me when we both had the same goal in mind so he could claim credit, but he also was part of my allies merit so when we weren't competing we were total bros that saved one another from more than a few life or death situations
Anything past two dots and I can see that being a pain in the ass to manage though
>>
File: 1701691987295514.jpg (41 KB, 377x655)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>The snake in the oWoD logo is the Wyrm
>>
>>92729202
nigga thats an archmage
>>
File: Capture51.jpg (36 KB, 804x545)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
I'm kind of retarded here: so there's Old World of Darkness, then they like lost the license or some shit which is why you got Chronicles of Darkness. But then they got the license back or something, so you have new World of Darkness, and Chronicles and World are both ongoing right now?
>>
>>92729601
That's a nice tactic. "Sleeping with the Enemy" is a Flaw I wouldn't mind my players buying 'cause it falls on characters and relationship tropes I'm familiarized with.
Which reminds me one of my players bought "Foe from the Past", in which this case is easy for me to roleplay as well.
I think my problem is with a couple of Flaws that are too open for me to grasp something nice initially.
>>
>>92730307
no license, anon, they tried to end the brand (retarded move, anyone could tell them)
>>
>>92730307
Not correct at all.

First there was oWoD, made by White Wolf. Then they ended it, and created nWoD. Soon after, they were bought by CCP (the Eve Online guys), who wanted to make a WoD MMO. However, that didn't work out. Eventually nWoD started getting made by Onyx Path Productions, which shared some of the people who worked on nWoD. At some point, CCP sold the IP because the MMO had failed to materialize, and it was bought by Paradox Interactive. Somewhere during this time, V20 got made, a polished reprint of the last version of oWoD, Revised. It sold pretty well, mostly on nostalgia. This gave Paradox an idea. They restarted "White Wolf" to create a new version of the game. This new WW was 90% Swedish LARPers. This created V5, which is in my opinion is a radical departure from Masquerade mechanically and in terms of lore. However, it claims to be a continuation of the original setting and is considered by Paradox to be oWoD. OPP and nWoD, renamed Chronicles of Darkness for corporate reasons, have been essentially blacklisted, and given no approval to make new books.

Paradox's WW got disbanded after they caused a minor international incident and they hired one dude from Revised era oWoD to take over the operation. WoD5 has in 6 years only released two other lines, W5 and H5, which are even further from their oWoD versions than V5.

TL;DR: There's oWoD, nWoD/CofD, and WoD5, which is incomplete. Nobody from the original white wolf is, to my knowledge, still working on the IP.
>>
>>92730307
you got "legacy" (paradox term) world of darkness which is white wolf 1991–2004

then you got Chronicles of Darkness (which was first also just named world of darkness which was fucking stupid so fans named it new world of darkness) which started in 2004 after they nuked the og world of darkness. first done by white wolf then because of rights problem a lot of white wolf writers founded a company called onxy path that had to license the ip they originally worked on... and cofd is technically currently dying because paradox (who own the ip currently) is not greenlighting new books for it and only two more books are comming out for it

then you had the 20th anniversary editions for the classic(or "legacy") world of darkness which started in 2011 and is compatible with the previous wod books, but not cofd books (a translation guide exists, but it's outdated as cofd had it's second edition after most of them been written) done completely by onyx path and is also currently dying because paradox is not greenlighting anything for it anymore

then paradox bought the ip and rebooted world of darkness with v5 in 2018(for vampire they claim it's soft sequel and shit like that while for woof 5 and hunter 5 they admitted it's a reboot) and well from the development and publishing part it's been a shitshow, onyx path did some books for it, but they also had several writing teams (one nearly causing a international incident causing paradox to eat it's nearly founded new white wolf again) in house and they also went through several other companies, freelancer groups and publishers, currently it's mostly done by their new (unnamed as far as i know) team and published by a company called renegade
>>
>>92730434
>TL;DR: There's oWoD, nWoD/CofD, and WoD5, which is incomplete. Nobody from the original white wolf is, to my knowledge, still working on the IP.
Wow, shit is FUCKED.
>>
File: nurse.png (172 KB, 1079x545)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>92731263
If only you knew how bad things really are.
>>
>>92730303
I'm not seeing any 6+ there.
>>
File: 1712252318752855.gif (1.26 MB, 360x270)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB GIF
>>92730388
>>92730575
>>92730434
Well, I learned something today, thanks for the info, fellas.
That said, sucks to hear about Cofd, Vigil is probably one of my favorite tabletop systems of all time, crying shame its blacklisted for some reason, they're way cooler a concept than Imbued
>>
What clan would his clan be?
>>
>>92731592
it's blacklisted because paradox assumed that other wod versions would eat into their profits, but then most of wod5 books they release are just worse versions of cofd using wod brand recognition

biggest example being hunter the reckoning 5 which does not feature the imbued at all, it's just a worse version of vigil's tier 1 play (featuring stuff like the game telling you that every hunter who joins a org is no true scotsman and no monster creation rules) which is why nobody knows who the game really is for

reckoning fans want those psycho superpowered self destructive hunting trip that they don't get in H5

and vigil fans have a better version of the same game in vigil second edition
>>
>>92731609
if you want to take the quote literally then it's a rossellini family giovanni vampire if not then it's either a emo bruhja or a cappadocian during the dark ages
>>
>>92730575
>first done by white wolf then because of rights problem a lot of white wolf writers founded a company called onxy path that had to license the ip they originally worked on
It wasn't renamed Onyx Path until around the rename to CofD, though. They were also able to convince CCP to just sell them Trinity and Scion instead of licensing.

Paradox also owns Exalted, but doesn't care about it so OPP has been free to keep releasing whatever they want for it.

Paradox is really just stopping work on CofD because they know it's better than they 5E trash they've been making.
>>
>>92731592
Paradox got rid of the Imbued, too. H5 is basically just Vigil Tier 1 play with an objectively worse mechanical design.
>>
File: 1624324555228.jpg (11 KB, 184x273)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>92731715
Yeah... but since we are talking about H5, has anyone ever played/ran a game set in the Philippines?
I think one of the writers had a ''supernatural travel guide'' draft they knew they weren't going to flesh out.
>>
File: Wait!.jpg (1.04 MB, 1010x1347)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>92731592
does vigil have anything like the creeds in reckoning? I haven't read the splat yet, but I have read reckoning and to me the most interesting part of reckoning was the different creeds and their views on the hunt. I can take or leave the superpower stuff, but I really like how hunters have these different ways going about things and have different goals within the hunt which can come into conflict with each other. I also really liked the idea of hunters using the early internet to communicate and share information on hunter-net
>>
>>92731972
>does vigil have anything like the creeds in reckoning?
Yeah there are plenty of factions, both mundane and supernatural, with different views on the how and why of the Vigil/Hunt.
>>
>>92731883
>Philippines
There's an actual play called Midnights in Metro Manila on youtube.
There are two cute cute girls.
>>
>>92732024
I will check them out.
>>
it's a running gag in my group that shreck net is just vampire 4chan, we're doing a shitpost chronicle rn and i need help coming up with derogatory names for each clan, so far i got

>Toreatroon
>Nosfertard
>Trannymisce
>Ravnigger
>Ventroon
>mACKavians
>Trannymere
>>
>>92732220
NosfeRAT and ass mite are classics.
>>
>>92732220
Groomervanni
>>
>>92731708
They've been named Onyx Path for longer than that. It was like 2012, not long after the release of V20, that that company was formed. The official change to the name Chronicles of Darkness was in 2015, after PDX purchased the IP.

And they bought those IPs at the same time that PDX was buying the rest of the White Wolf catalog. I'd bet more that CCP was divesting themselves of all of those assets, regardless of who purchased them, and Martin's push for PDX to buy probably wasn't at all interested in Scion and Trinity anyway.
>>
>>92731263
It was 30 years ago and they were all edgy goths. The ones that didn't burn out or sexual-misconduct are now broadly stable individuals who aren't really equipped to write anything edgy and counterculture.

Honestly I admire their not just trying to dip back into the well. As it stands it seems like most of them write when they get inspired at this point.
>>
>>92732220

assmites and shitites for the Middle East.

Gangrels you can just call furfags and be done with it. Fagrels I guess for short?

i've heard suckbat for sabbat, which is bad, but it is funny to put the Bat in there. Cumarilla too I guess.
>>
>>92732220
>tfw you have an internet flame war with a fellow kindred only to realize he's a false flagging hunter
My new favorite headcanon is that hermits spend all day shitposting and baiting vamps on anon's message board
>>
>>92732220
>Gits of Fenris
>Children of Gay-a
>Silver Fags
>Bitch Spiral Dancers
>Fagmori
>Wendigoaway
>Ass Walkers
>>
>>92732363
the way i hc shreck net is that it's basically just modern day /x/. you have like 10 threads of anarch posters complaining about how oppressed they are, 1 sabbat guy trying to have an actual theological discussion, actual schizos, and trolling hunters.

i like to imagine it has its own sub boards too, like a containment board for toreadors and another one for setites
>>
>>92732459
>ywnbah
this kills the toerador
>>
>>92730307
Best explanation I have
>https://wodnews.blog/informationen/erklart-wod-cofd-editionen-wermachtwas/explained-wod-cofd-editions-whodoeswhat/
>>
>>92729202
>Correspondence 5
>Forces 3

Motherfucker this guy can go on holiday to Cuba and still take a break out of each day to set the daycare the woofs leave their kids at on fire without leaving the pool. Hell, with the Time 4, he can do it yesterday.
>>
>>92730434
>OPP and nWoD, renamed Chronicles of Darkness for corporate reasons, have been essentially blacklisted, and given no approval to make new books.
Onyx Path are working on three CofD books and seven 20th Anniversary books right now.
>>
>>92733173
>Onyx Path are working on three CofD books
Do you mean one?
Clade companion is already finished.
>>
>>92733199
It's not on dtrpg yet. Current Projects says they're still working on The Hedge (though looks like that one is actually out) and Contagion Ready-Made Characters.
>>
>>92733219
The Hedge has already been shared.
Clade companion is going to backers this week.
>>
File: sqonwerd.png (432 KB, 600x984)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
>>92733234
>Mfw I've just gotten to the last steps of editing my 200+ page Merit Compendium and another book is about to drop
>>
>>92733262
Rejoice, for after the clade companion there's only the contagion book nobody cares about and which is probably not going to have any merits.
Of course, the non official stuff will keep on coming.
>>
>>92733262
To be fair, who actually plays DtR anyway?
>>
>>92729412
it works! thanks mate
>>
Sex with Brujah women
>>
I feel like I already know the answer but I gotta ask; if a ghoul goes through dialysis or perhaps some sort of machine that pumps (not filters, like with a dialysis machine) more blood along with possibly a cocktail of drugs, does the ghoul lose the vitae inside him?
Another thing, if the entire ghoul is placed in some sort of suspended animation like cryonics does he still need the "must be fed blood per month" thing or else he risks losing ghoul status?
>>
>>92734001
Vitae is technically a magical substance, not blood. A machine wouldn’t be able to effect the diluted vitae in the ghoul’s blood.

>cryonics does he still need the "must be fed blood per month" thing or else he risks losing ghoul status?
Yes, because while the body is in stasis, the vitae is still “in use” and will be used up as if he was still awake. Humans can’t enter torpor after all.
>>
Can mages create permanent upgrades to their own bodies, or are they just temporary? If I had a Life & Matter mage could he reinforce his body to soak agg damage on a permanent basis?
>>
>>92733173
CofD is explicitly not getting any new books approved.
>>
>>92734304
You need Prime to make any effect permanent.
>>
File: 1568538095211.jpg (565 KB, 1280x1920)
565 KB
565 KB JPG
>>92728274
Whoever recommended Lair of the White Worm for setites, thanks, this is perfect. Now I also gotta check out Conan
>>
>>92734304
Depends on if you're talking MTAw or MTAc. I believe it's easier in MTAc, but if you go over template maximum +1 (so 6) the GM is free to saddle you with paradox.
>>
>curseborne character creation video came out 3 days ago
>nobody gives a fuck
kek
>>
>>92735180
link?
>>
>>92731609
Severely blackpilled veteran Hunter who'd been through multiple Conspiracies.
>>
>>92735352
https://youtube.com/watch?v=lMt0jZ62pcg&
>>
>>92735180
I've seen plenty of talk about it elsewhere. But this is a WoD thread and it's not WoD
>>
>>92730434
>>92730575
What is this international incident?
>>
>>92733262
>200 pages
How many merits were just duplicates?

>>92732220
>>92732459
I run it similarly. Whenever the Brujah neonates start their 43rd thread this week about the OP's pet ideology the Ventrue licks spam them with gifs of salt shakers to piss them off.
So far, it's unconfirmed if they've managed to trigger a frenzy via poor quality trolling but they're trying!
I also try to give NPC characters embarrassing tripcodes or usernames like "xXpr0bl00dXx" or "KingVentrue666" because it makes them more memorable for my players.
If you want a random topic for your players to stumble on during shitposting. The Brujah salt swabbies whinge and complain about how the Camarilla pushes them out of areas by buying them up and making them "nicer" in a process they label "Ventruefication" and repeatedly try to force it into being a meme to the disgust of other posters.
>>
>>92735522
due to very stupid editing the v5 camarilla book stated that the gay purged happening during that time in chechnyan are in fact a vampire coverup or something like that and the chechnyan goverment took issue to that and wanted to arrest publishers and writers

>https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/16/18098929/white-wolf-controversy-paradox-interactive-new-ceo

>https://www.gamesindustry.biz/paradox-taking-control-of-white-wolf-after-vampire-the-masquerade-lgbtq-controversy

>https://www.reddit.com/r/WhiteWolfRPG/comments/9xpobf/question_is_white_wolf_wrong_for_what_they_wrote/

>https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/13/18089574/vampire-the-masquerade-white-wolf-lgbtq-chechnya-apology
>>
>>92735388
>428 views
i wonder why
>one and half hour of just two people talking about a game that isn't even out without showing anything
fucking bruh does onyx path not have a single person who knows how to do advertising?
>>
>>92735684
It's just some random youtuber. Their virtual con is this weekend for actual news.
>>
>>92735596
>How many merits were just duplicates?
None, this is after weeding out the dupes and consolidating the rules of ones with slight rule variations together. A lot of them are very redundant, though, like how the "Mobster" Merit in Guide to the Night is just "Weird, hyper-specific variation on Status •"

It could actually be a lot longer - I included all the Changeling Mantles (Including fixing the directional one they forgot about in Oak, Ash, and Thorn), but I didn't torture myself by including every variation of Status in HtV or every variation of Mystery Cult that appears in the books.
>>
>>92734304
>Can mages create permanent upgrades to their own bodies, or are they just temporary?
You can make permanent upgrades but it is very hard to do so, especially if the upgrade is a straight up for increase for some reason.
>>
>>92735522
>>
File: Ilustracion1160.png (271 KB, 607x573)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>There's a good reason why you don't embrace old people
Got art for Drac from a few threads back
And yes the block is infused with vampire blood
>>
>>92736343
>yes the block is infused with vampire blood
Ah, the good old Celerity in a brick.
>>92735774
I wish you good luck with that project.
>>
>>92736461
Thanks. It's mostly done, I'm working on the Conditions and Tilts one now between checks and editing. I've only ever run one game of Deviant before now, so obsessively compiling information is a good way to better familiarize myself with the system. I'll try remember to drop the documents on /tg/ when I'm done.
>>
>>92733344
>it works!
Why wouldn't it?
>>
File: wcwygpqqneu91.png (92 KB, 788x308)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
I want to run a WoD quest, but one inspired by the setting mash up of pic related. I think taking a splat into Cyberpunk 2077 would be cool.

But which splat?

VTM of course comes to mind. The class struggles echoes the Jyhad. I would feel inclined to focus on the Sabbat just because of the violence and oppression of Night City.

Werewolf I think would also be viable. Trying to take down wyrm aligned megacorps while aiding spirits affected by the corruption of Night City. Also just ripping up shit as a werewolf is fun.

What do anons think?
>>
File: 1711500826062700.jpg (71 KB, 769x761)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
How do spirit raise in rank in CofD?
>>
>>92732220
>Not Toreatards
>Nossissies
>Transmissies
>Ragsvos
Rest are ok.
>>
>>92736539
Thanks again for your work.
>>92736599
>But which splat?
I believe that vampire would be the most interesting option. Werewolf would end up to easy or nigh unplayable depending on the tribe with very little in between.
>>
>>92736642
wouldn't it just be glass walker or not? they are the only guys who can take implants without losing their ability to shapeshift
>>
>>92736656
>wouldn't it just be glass walker or not?
Let's be generous with the ragetards and say that Rite and Fetish style becomes wide spread to the point most other tribes have access to it.
>>
File: CourtOfOwls.jpg (209 KB, 333x550)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
What would be the resonance of someone's forced into sensorial isolation for long periods of time?
>>
>>92736679
well then you are more generous than world of future darkness was
>>
>>92734593
>>92734683
For MtAc. How do I add a permanent "bulletproof body effect? They have stats for wonders, but how do you just improve yourself Cultivation-style?
>>
what is the purpose of innocents when they get killed more often than even bystanders do? Them being the moral compass of the hunt seems moot when the messengers are also imbuing waywards who don't give two shits about anything other than killing monsters any means necessary
>>
>>92736837
Its a token for the retards who want to kill themselves for the Greater Good, both ingame and out of game, so the game makers give them a bone and tell them good job you died so well for the Greater Good now make a new guy.

Its kind of like how Woofs also have the incest royalty or the actual legit dog fuckers or straight up machiavelli or computer woofies. Its pandering to a crowd they know exists.
>>
>>92736796
That's kind of funny for some reason. Anyways, a Werewolf would still be a very strong opponent in the future because fuck over cybernetics with a single level 1 hominid gift. You can paralyze people with control simple machine, odds are you can puppeteer them with the upgraded version.
>>
>>92736837
>what is the purpose of innocents when they get killed more often than even bystanders do?
I guess they expect players to devolve into terrorism without a subsplat to keep things less jihadi. Most imbued stories just sound like delusional versions of serial killers or actual terrorists in the making, both angles don't really work all that well in a long term game.
>>
>>92736854
>kill themselves for the greater good
isn't that martyrs job?
>>
>>92736620
By eating other spirits and gaining in Essence.
>>
>>92737087
So it's like a locus? Once they accumulate enough essence they rank up.
>>
>>92737047
Potato Tomato, it all goes on the soup.
>>
>>92735677

I read the 'offending' piece of lore that caused the uproar and it was pretty cool. Paradox should have just told the Caucausniggers to shut the fuck up and it's just fiction. Chechnya sounds like the Gigachad Sabbat vampire paradise. shame they couldn't roll with it.
>>
>>92734304
You can, half the OP merits either requires high as fuck magic or an entire chronicle to get.

>>92736815
Go talk with your ST, describe your desired effect. Which he will tell you, if he knows his shit, sounds like an Immunity merit.
>>
>>92731609
Malk. Evola was like the Platonic archetype of the schizo.
>>
File: 1706523440451865.png (308 KB, 600x600)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>92736343
Now you've given me the wish to create a wheelchair-bound old guy with a shotgun. High computer, guns, and craft skills. Enemy is obviously stairs.
>>
>>92737193
mercy creed are all pussys who either want the easy way out or can't handle the truth visionary is better
>>
File: 1738937862668.jpg (119 KB, 500x417)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
how violent are your games?
>>
>>92736343
>>There's a good reason why you don't embrace old people
Old people are the best to embrace because few are going to question why their appearance hasn't changed in 20 years
>>
Could the Babadook be a nosferatu? High Obfuscate as well as Presence to use True Love's Face to appear as the husband and Entrancement to make her want to kill?
>>
>>92732453
>Edge Lords
>Onions Striders
>Fillassnna
>Stargayzers
>Ughtena
>>
>>92737633
Except people are going to question why they haven't kicked the bucket in 20 years.
>>
>>92737509
I once ran a WtF game where a pack member died every week.
They were CONSTANTLY picking fights with almost anything they came across.
The most heartbreaking was when during a hazing event for a prospective pack member, they ran across a full pack of Pure on their turf, won the fight, but one of the pack ran after a fleeing Pure and was killed by a desperate swipe from the poor bastard. The pc pack alpha then murdered a captured Pure in retaliation. No one left the game happy, tears were shed. The alpha then told the pledge to gtfo and he would kill him if her ever saw him again.
>>
>>92737739
Something something Queen of England.
>>
>>92737784
Oof. Nice story, but that sounds like a cluster fuck.
>>
>>92737654
You could play him as a vampire but I'm sure you could make a better rules fit using a spirit.
>>
>>92737228
So they can't be acquired in a manner similar to wonders like the Bulletproof Hoodie? I was hoping with some alchemy style body refinement I could gain aggressive soak. Or like, add extra color vision or thermal sensing etc. Once you make a biological or natterial change does it stick?
>>
Which gameline is most like The Crow?
>>
File: bab.jpg (119 KB, 600x927)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>92737842
Thanks, since I'm unfamiliar with Wraith I was also thinking it might have had something useful for the concept. Since a lot of vampire games are social politicking there's little time for being the entity/urban legend that haunts and torments a random person or place.
>>
File: vamp.pdf (5.17 MB, PDF)
5.17 MB
5.17 MB PDF
Rate the powerpoint I made to introduce IRL friends to the game. If you have better fitting movie ideas they're welcome. Have heard good things of Midnight Mass for Lasombra but I still haven't watched it.
>>
>>92737960
It's just one of those scenarios where you don't really have a reason to fuck with mortals like that beyond your own sadism.
>>
>>92737998
>>92737960
At least until V5 had the whole resonance bullshit.
>>
>>92737989
Looks pretty neat.
>>
>>92737989
Lol at you actually using the clan lips image
...not that it's incorrect or anything.
>>
>>92738055
It's a neat image even if it's not all that accurate. Maybe the clans would look like that at lower humanity levels.
>>
>>92736599
Hunter could be cool since you could ask a lot of questions of where humans end and monsters begin, especially in a world with excessive augmentation
>>
>>92738286
God, I hate Cyberpsychosis.
>>
>>92738286
>Advanced Cybernetics are no longer part of the Technocratic Paradigm, but a part of the Consensus
>Doesn't register as supernatural to gifts which sense for that thing
How horrifying.
>>
>>92738430
Max out Technocrats Cyborgs with no paradox cost to balance their bullshit...
How the fuck do the Traditions survive something like that?
>>
Backers received their copy of the DtR Clades Companion, so it should be available on DriveThru in a few weeks.
And the CofD are one book closer to death.
>>
>>92738286
Not really, you are just adding random psychotic tanks to the usual quarry roster.
>>
>>92738480
>How the fuck do the Traditions survive something like that?
Crashing this Plane.
WITH SOME SURVIVORS.
>>
Say there'd a kindred I just absolutely NEED to ash, so I cast Night of the Red Heart. What's some creative ways to pin the motherfucker in the city so he can't leave?
>>
>>92738701
the problem with that ritual is that if you can pin the guy you can already kill him normally

your best bet would be to try and send waves of police and ghouls to slow him down, but that might turn you into a movie villian and him into a action hero
>>
>>92738480
you know how in cyberpunk 2077 you can just like hack people and this is completly normal in the setting? yeah the Virtual Adepts will make that shit part of the consensus and then hack your cybercock so it explodes.
>>
>>92738782
you also have on the rock radio where the hosts talks about a conspiracy theory that demons used for hacking are actually demons so nephanti are also still around and are using runner slang to try to descent cyberspace
>>
>>92738055
>>92738035
Thanks lads.
>>92737998
True, what a shame. I bet it could work as an ST character for a Hunter game where the spirit/nossie fucks with them for several nights in order to avoid confrontation/scare em off/study their capabilities/pick em off.
>>
>>92738782
Why the fuck would you connect your prosthetics to the internet? I know it's mage and cyberpunk so of course it would happen but for fuck sake, who the fuck would think that type of bullshit is a good idea?
>>
>>92738944
Coperations
"why the fuck would you connect your watch to your phone?" "why the fuck would you connect your glasses to the internet?" are already a thing so "why the fuck would you connect your eyes to the internet" is not that big of a jump it was 20 years ago because some brand fanboy would do it
>>
>>92738944
why would a power obsessed corpo want the ability to remotely turn your cybernetics off?
>>
>>92739007
I am not saying that people wouldn't install it, I'm saying that, if you had the option not to, what would be the reason for someone to grant remote control over your limbs?
>>
>>92737211
It was a dumb thing to write, but the reaction could have been good advertising.
>>
>>92738701
Just use explosives.
>>
>>92739089
it's cyberpunk it can be anything from the drivers being build to need it (or say they do) to it being in your work contract as your new limbs don't actually belong to you so the company wants to be able to track them or it being sold as a positive feature(again like in real life with smart homes, watches, glasses etc)
>>
>>92738701
just learn superior setite sorcery and rip them apart from home
>>
Clades Companion backer pdf dropped for Deviant: the Renegades meaning the last Cofd book is finished
>>
>>92739172
What rituals/Paths?
>>
>>92736599
Werewolf sounds fun because they work so well for a standard team in a cyberpunk game. If crossover in WoD wasn't such a pain, this would be a decent opportunity for a crossover game if you wanted to lean into a more standard game where the PCs are essentially mercenaries and so may be hired and brought together by someone paying them for a job.

>>92737190
Something like that. There's obviously no set system for this sort of things since people aren't expected to play as spirits.

>>92738480
Get cybered up by your local Sons of Ether.
>>
>>92738727
>>92739134
Fair enough. the old Irish care package is hard to beat but very noticeable
>>
File: BloodSacrificepg26.png (248 KB, 462x576)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
>>92739217
Divine Hand is a normal path that allows you to punch people from anywhere on the world with str 15, use some discipline power and rituals with global range the only downside is that you need a tabletop player ghoul to make miniatures of your target (even poisons and potions work when applied to the miniatures)

you don't need any personal connection to the target, you don't need anything that belongs to the target, you need to know what the target looks like (some targets might also need their true name) and again a miniature

so if you shittalk setites too much there is nothing stopping them from sending a picture of your haven back to egypt where a elder will then rip open a copy of your haven during(what would be for you) day
>>
>>92739273
I presume that you are at all out war with the fucker. If you want assassination advice the advice remains roughly the same.
Just get a dominated reporter to say that the fire was a gas leak or something along those lines.
>>
>>92739292
More evidence that any sane Prince should have Setites wiped out to the fucking last, so they can't start doxxing the city.
>>
>>92739292
And it is for shit like this the setites are poorly written.
>>
>>92739292
setites can destroy buildings from across the world, tzimisce can raise entire city blocks, tremere can curse entire clans

but hey lasombra can get fucked over by trying to summon a minor abyss spirit and then have to deal with permanent flaws that make their character borderline unplayable
>>
>>92739292
remember that this book is from the same guy who complained that vtm "legacy" is too much of a superhero game
>>
>>92739426
Achili's a dumb hypocrite, news at 11.

>>92739367
Honestly I like Abyss Mysticism conceptually, it feels like proper eldritch horror black magic. I think the problem with a lot of oWoD blood magic is awful mechanical balance. More of it should be cut from the same cloth as abyss mysticism imo.
>>
>>92728938
>How do handle retainers at your table? What do like and dislike about that type of merits?
The only thing the Retainer Merit does in my games is inform how loyal an NPC is to a player and how good he is at performing the tasks he is hired to do.
I still make actual character sheets for retainers, and then the amount of dots in the Retainer Merit from that player are added to the dice pools (on top the dice the retainer gets to roll according to his own sheet).

So for example a vampire player meets a thief NPC and wants that thief to be a retainer for him. He turns the thief into a ghoul and invests 3 dots in the Retainer Merit.
I already decided when making the thief NPC that has 3 dots in Dexterity, 4 dots in Stealth, and 4 dots in Larceny, but only 2 dots in Strength, Athletics, and Brawl (he's a thief and rather avoids fights).
The player sends the thief retainer to go steal an item for him. I then make a bunch of rolls to see how that works out, probably a Dexterity+Stealth roll and a Dexterity+Larceny roll at the very least. In this case that thief would roll 10 dice for those two things (3+4+3).
Now imagine the player decides to use his thief retainer as a body guard. Probably not the best idea. In that case, when the thief gets into a fight, he'd roll only 7 dice (2+2+3).

I don't typically make these NPCs level up aside from the Retainer Merit dot bonus. If the player upgrades the thief retainer to a 5 dot Retainer, then his dice pools would be 2 higher.

I understand this isn't RAW but I prefer this over RAW.
>>
>>92739499
Understandable take. I will steal this version to try it out.
>>
File: VTMB70.png (3.38 MB, 897x1233)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB PNG
I think the Sabbat are underutilized. Does anyone have some good Sabbat ideas for a story? Some shovelhead and escaping the pack and fending for himself or a tight-knit pack rushing headlong in the Gehenna war in the Middle-East and finding some Methuselah?
>>
>>92739292
Could Theft of Vitae work through this link? Cauldron of Blood definitely would, but it'd be kinda great to just esanguinate a dude from a million miles away
>>
>>92739584
i'd allow it if you make doll with liquid in it and drain it remotely somehow
>>
>>92739367
>>92739492
are there any 3rd party books that try to fix Abyss Mysticism?
>>
>>92739631
Path of Conjuring 3
Divine Hand 5
Path of Blood 4

Remotely diablerize anyone. New character goal
>>
>>92739578
Sure.
>Typical sob story. Shovelhead managed to escape during a pitched battle, gets cornered by Camarilla and brought before the Prince. She's scared and confused now that there's enough blood in her to make sense of what's going on. As the Prince is about to use their Dominate and/or Auspex to make sure this isn't a trick, a Pack of Sabbat burst into Elysium, somehow tracking the shovelhead. It's a desperate stand against the heavily armed Sabbat, who are trying to kill the Prince and any Primogen they can find. All the while, the shovelhead is screaming bloody murder that they didn't know.

>The latest round of mass embraces are unusually strong and putting the city in a dangerous situation. The Tremere (or perhaps a Ventrue with a particularly attuned sense of taste) confirms that every single shovelhead they've sampled shares a sire, and that sire is of the 7th Generation.

>A charismatic Brujah arises as a new Bishop through Monomacy, and causes the city's entire wannabe Anarch population to defect to the Sabbat through rhetoric.

And some from the Sabbat perspective:
>The Archbishop is actually the follower of a Heresy, such as worshipping Lilith or being an Infernalist. However, the Inquisitor in town is extremely zealous. How will the player character pack solve this conundrum without getting the entire city destroyed through infighting?

>A particularly zealous pack has re-discovered the ancient rite used to ensure a Caitiff embrace every single time. They argue it is the only way forward for the Sabbat, as it is the only way they can fully sever themselves from the evil of Clans.

>A local Tzimisce ancilla has set an open bounty of cash, blood, or free Vicissitude modifications in exchange for bringing them meat to work with, the more exotic the better. The biggest reward goes out to anyone who can bring them a fully sedated Werewolf, whom they intend to lobotomize and turn into a super szlachta.

I actually have more.
>>
How good/bad of an idea is it to introduce friends/family to WoD via hunter? I perfer hunter, but I also think it could be a nice entrypoint into the setting because newbie hunters themselves don't know Jack about vampires and the supernatural. Also tfw your mom had a vtm book when she was a teen, she made a toreador but never played.
>>
>>92739793
well tremere remote diablerized saulot somehow so it's a thing
>>
File: VTMB71.png (2.73 MB, 884x1228)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB PNG
>>92739881

I'd love to hear more anon.

>A local Tzimisce ancilla has set an open bounty of cash, blood, or free Vicissitude modifications in exchange for bringing them meat to work with, the more exotic the better. The biggest reward goes out to anyone who can bring them a fully sedated Werewolf, whom they intend to lobotomize and turn into a super szlachta.

This one is great.

>confirms that every single shovelhead they've sampled shares a sire, and that sire is of the 7th Generation.

Also a good plot point, a mass of strong shovel head must be a Camarilla nightmare.
>>
>>92739939
Hunter's definitely the most normie-friendly angle to introduce people to WoD.

Although, it does depend a little bit on the kind of Hunter. Hunters Hunted/Vigil are a much easier pill to swallow than Reckoning, which has more baggage to it. But ultimately the fantasy of fighting spooky monsters has a much broader appeal than playing as the spooky monsters.
>>
>>92739881
>The latest round of mass embraces are unusually strong and putting the city in a dangerous situation. The Tremere (or perhaps a Ventrue with a particularly attuned sense of taste) confirms that every single shovelhead they've sampled shares a sire, and that sire is of the 7th Generation.

that reminds me my pack once faked a declaration of a fake 5th or 6th gen that he would shovel head in a nearby city and that the shovelheads are open season as long as the prince of that city dies

we just wanted other packs to fuck off (we been trying to hide in a camarilla city), but in the end our fake tzimisce landed on the red list
>>
>>92740025
Sure.

>A renowned Inquisitor is actually a Ventrue Lictor who has been in deep cover for over a century. Under the cover of their position, they have actually slaughtered many loyal members of the Sabbat, while overlooking non-infernalist heretics. Their reputation as a hunter of the demonic makes their reputation sacrosanct, and the only flaw in their cover is they have never killed nor even inconvenienced a Camarilla Ventrue.

>A local unit of Black Hand refuse to answer to the city's Archbishop, who they deem as incompetent.

>Through the power of the Vinculum, a Tremere apprentice has been unshackled from the Pyramid and brought into the fold of a local Pack. More concerningly, he has brought with him many secrets of Thaumaturgy. What horrors could his knowledge be used to create when paired with the knowledge of Kolduns or Abyss Mystics?

>The Sabbat Sports Network comes to town and asks the city to put on its best Games of Instinct for them. They're looking for more talent, and the best performing pack will get to represent their city in the Regionals.

>In a rare move, due to dwindling supplies of potent vitae, the Sabbat has temporarily suspended their kill on sight rules for Thinbloods. This is because Thinblood shovelheads will almost certainly meet final death anyway, there's no chance of the Camarilla being able to convert them, and they need every single body possible for the upcoming crusade.
>>
File: 1497407862737.jpg (66 KB, 284x475)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>92737989
Use Necroscope as the representative of Tzimisce
>>
File: Movie Magic_no audio.webm (2.88 MB, 746x420)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB WEBM
Obrimos are the best Mages
>>
>>92740608
>Obrimos
i don't know enough about awakening, but i am just gonna agree with you
>>
File: Pixar Tiddies.jpg (91 KB, 640x808)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>92740684
That's the right decisio
>>
>>92736599
>Technocracy wins in early 21st century
HOWEVER
>Vampires and Fera are now "mutants"
>Fae and Spirits are now "aliens"
>Etherites can get away with a lot more now that the world is so advanced
>>
File: Dispater%20(Mammon)[1].png (251 KB, 539x612)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
How the FUCK do you beat him?
>>
>>92741041
>Mammon
which one is that? white wolf has several versions of this guy
>>
>>92737784
>spoiler
My gosh this is something I can expect in a not-so-far future in my WtA game.
I don't fear for my character 'cause he's smart enough for not getting into this sort of situation...
But the alpha...
>>
>>92741041
By throwing like 7-10 rocks at him. He doesn't look like he has more than average health.
If he's a vamp just ram him with a car and aply a molotov or two
>>
>>92737989
Seems neat.
What's going to be your answer for Cappadocian, Salubri and Nagaraja? They're going to ask about them not having their own slides.
>>
File: Thermal Vision.png (124 KB, 334x595)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>92737873
They can but like I said, the more OP the merit/abilities you want, the more costly and hard to get.
Like, thermal sensing? Literally Force 1 and stupid easy if you want it permanently. See image.
You want to be immune to all physical attacks ranging from a bullets to a Werewolf bite to tomahawk missile? Either you are a Master Mage or you will need to go through an entire chronicle to get it, like getting a being to give it to you like Gods or Incarna.
>>
File: 1492810627275[1].png (428 KB, 672x878)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
>>92741310
>By throwing like 7-10 rocks at him.
Anon...
>>
>>92741466
Oh, you're a retarded magenigger. Carry on then.
>>
>>92741041
See
>>92739793
Wouldn't even take long
>>
>>92741331
So you buy them as merits? Where can I find those merits? I'm not trying to become untouchable, I'm just trying to get perminant qgg soak
>>
>>92741041
>>92741466
Killed by Celerity 5
>>
Gibe Clade Companion pls.
>>
How cracked would a homebrew of a splat be to comfortably accommodate players of different origins? for example like a party of 3 of a hunter(vigil) a mage and a vamp?
>>
>>92741723
There's several. Midnight Circus is one of the best crossovers that works best when characters with multiple splat origins work together to solve it.
>>
File: Grendel.jpg (234 KB, 754x1143)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
What splat would he be? Hell, what splat could the Grendel entity/force be?
>>
>>92741041
I smash the Fallen World and the Hedge together, tearing mundane reality apart into an ungovernable labyrinth of supernatural razor wire. He's rendered unimportant, the Exarchs are rendered impotent, and humanity is forced to wake the fuck up or be yanked screaming into the dark. This twisted game needs to be reset.
>>
>>92741723
Give the Vamp extra exp (or several free ghouls/other thralls before the game begins), and the Hunter a metric fuckload of extra exp.

I wouldn't use a Mage in crossover in general. desu I wouldn't use Mage in general But it is worth noting that Vampires can be an amazing support and face in a crossover. I don't know if Mages have some sort of bullshit "lolno" to it, but by ghouling the others they essentially give them free power-ups. They also have very good, very reliable social powers. The only big annoyance is a nocturnal schedule, but since you specified Vigil, I assume you're using CofD rules and resisting daysleep/surviving sunlight is much easier in CofD.

The Hunter is going to need a shitload of exp to keep up, though.
>>
>>92739101
Except the reaction was 'we will stop your ability to sell your actual money making products, your current video games, in these regions'. Vampire's sales and potential sales don't compare at all to purchases of any of Paradox's video games.
>>
>>92740025
> Vykos on the end

Man, how the fuck did Vykos become a trans icon? Onyx Path making it into a 'they' was dumb as shit, but even before that, how the FUCK did it be a trans icon?
>>
>>92741971
>trannymisce
>check my pronouns
>i'm a girl today, tee-hee
>time to cut my dick off, i guess
>my personality is "trans" and "nonbinary"
>>
>>92742042
But Vykos was never written like that, they were written basically the OPPOSITE of that.
>>
>>92741921
>>92741785
Alright thanks for the advice guys, I'm more familiar with reckoning, but reckoning hunters are almost always very agaisnt working with supernaturals, even mages due to second sight being messenger vision and messengers hate everything supernatural. So if the people that I play with ever want to do some cross splats I'll probably use vigil. Personally I like the idea of a party being a mix of splats than just one unified splat like all wolves or all vamps, but I understand theres some innate hurtles to doing that
>>
Would a garou in its lupus form be able to eat grapes, which cause kidney failure in many canines?
>>
>>92741971
Is Peen Thrower Extreme really a "trans icon" or did you make that shit up?
>>
>>92742181
Are they organic, fair trade, and does the werewolf have the favor of Grape Spirit?
>>
I used to consult 1d4chan to get a bit more context on what to expect from rpg that caught my interest, and then 2d4chan when the former went down. Does someone knows what's happening with the latter?

Witch brings me to my question : I would like to get into Hunter, what's the best edition? the Reckoning, the Vigil? Do they have splatbook of note?
>>
>>92742459
Depends on what you want to do, but if you purely care about the best Hunter experience, I recommend Vigil.

Vigil is very versatile, and it uses the generally regarded as more polished and balanced version of mechanics. There are legitimate problems with CofD's mechanics, but far less than in oWoD. You can tell small scale low power level stories with it, or grand globe-trotting adventures. Vigil only has one 2e additional book of note, but 1e and 2e material is decently cross-compatible, and 1e has a LOT of good books on specific kinds of monsters such as Undead, Shapeshifters and Spirits, or Witches.
>>
>>92741855
No idea who this guy is, what's his deal?
>>92742459
>I would like to get into Hunter, what's the best edition? the Reckoning, the Vigil?
Play Vigil unless your goal is to play the Imbued.
>>
>>92742181
>Would a garou in its lupus form be able to eat grapes, which cause kidney failure in many canines?
No, because fuck them in particular. Its not like it matters given their regeneration
>>
>>92742181
They aren't wolves. They are werewolves, they'll be fine
>>
>>92742181
>tfw a hunter tries to forcefeed me grapes while I'm transformed because he read online its bad for dogs
I bet this mother fucker also tried to use garlic on vamps
>>
>>92742459
You basically have four/five options.
-Hunter the Vigil for CofD. It has a lot better tools for building shit like Monsters of the Week, and the Conspiracies let you play assorted flavours of monster hunters from government agent to weird church guy or gentleman's club who's in it because "It reminds me of the HUNT." But it is CofD, so if you prefer WoD, you'll have to reverse engineer stuff or not use it; that depends on if your group is even lore freaks or anything

-You can just run CofD Core, with Hurt Locker and without Vigil, it's fairly useable, but HTV is right there so I don't know why you would.

-Hunter: The Reckoning, the original version. You play The Imbued, humans who have been contacted by the divine and given magical schizophrenia that tells them to kill supernatural beings. They're specifically geared to fight The Risen, be advised that if you use their rules as written your average Werewolf or even a non-shit Vampire will turn their arsehole inside out (ooh, here's your magical ability, it makes your fists do LETHAL damage!) They do get broad immunity to supernatural mind control and other such though which is nice, but none of their 'fight supernatural' abilities remotely compare to the most powerful magic of all, owning an automatic shotgun. 5th ed Hunter: The Reckoning has nothing to do what-so-fucking-ever with these guys.

-Hunters: Hunted, or H5. Hunters: Hunted is a supplement for Vampire: The Masquerade that focuses on mortal vampire hunters. Oddly enough, when you factor in Numina, they're often better at the damn job than HTR Hunters are. 5th edition Hunter: The Reckoning is actually Hunters Hunted wearing HTR's stolen name badge for some reason.
>>
>>92742705

There are also a few crackpot options, if you want to get weird with it:
-Demon Hunter X is a WoD book about playing demon hunters in Japan. You got two factions, Strike Force Zero (Government Demon hunters), and the Shih (Anime samurai guys). Like all of the WoD stuff set in Asia, though, the research that went into the setting started and ended with someone at White Wolf binge watching Jackie Chan and Big Trouble in Little China.

-Freak Legion is centred around playing Fomori, and Pentex First Teams. It's basically Hunting Werewolves on behalf of Exxon-Mobil.

-You can also do a Mage game as either Extraordinary Citizens or just standard Iteration X or Void Engineer Men-in-black guys hunting "Reality Deviants."
>>
>>92741971
No idea when Vykos became a trans icon, but much like the Fianna, Wendigo, and Ravnos, White Wolf realized that Vykos' gender neutrality being played for horror was extremely cringe.
>>
>>92741921
As far as using vampires in the day during crossover games go, my suggestion is to allow vampire players to play as a ghoul during the day.

>>92742071
Even ignoring the systems being more compatible with each other in CofD, the various supernatural groups are less innately hostile to each other, which can make things go easier. While Uratha may not like vampires, it isn't anywhere on the same level as the Garou feel about them.
>>
>>92742515
Thanks, it helps a lot.

>>92742561
I first came upon WoD with Changeling : The Lost. I have absolutly no idea what's a Imbued or why I would want to play one. Would you be so kind to explain it to me?
>>
>>92742696
Don't forget the chocolate.
>>
Hunterbros, I need some advice. I managed to capture a vampire. Definitely a young one, I've got it staked.

How exactly do I go about interrogating a vampire? I've seen them lose their shit and punch through bricks when hungry, so I want to make sure I have them fully restrained. But on top of that, how do I even interrogate it? They treat 9mm bullets like they're paintballs, how do I make the vampire talk without making it go apeshit?
>>
>>92742851
Feed the fucker Rats that have OD'd on Sodium Thiopental.
>>
>>92742851
Look into his eyes and ask him nicely.
>>
>>92742758
Long, LONG, story short, the Imbued are basically paladins/jihadis against all supernatural with a lot of bullshit powers. They can't live normal lives because angels are screaming at their ears to kill/destroy/neutralize every supernatural creature they can perceive.
>>
>>92742901
Vampire hands typed this post.
>>
>>92742851
is this for an actual game?
I have to agree with >>92742871 you need to feed the fucker and drugs would hell them avoid frenzy.
Since you have it staked, I would recommend you cut and cauterize the tendons, nail it to the ground or something along those lines.
>>
File: WalterFlustered.png (120 KB, 373x438)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>92742730
>demon hunter X
just that description reminds me of shin megami tensei. I'm really glad tokyo conception is getting translated
>>
>>92742910
Yes, now DO it.
>>
>>92742758
basically during the age of reckoning when hell imploded on itself and a bunch of ghosts/zombies started showing up in the real world the remaining angels got pissed at god for making such a mess and went renegade giving random people powers and the ability to see through the veil with a special second sight. they also have a neat symbol code they can use to communicate. the catch with imbued is that the stronger they get the more schizo they get, and they are always walking a tightrope of keeping up appearances so they don't get dissapeared and maintaining the hunt. there are also different hunter creeds that have different views on the hunt, avengers want to go on the offesnive, defenders want to protect regular people and foremost, Redeemers think that some monsters can be saved, innocents are the bleeding hearts that try to save every goddamn monster they come across ect.
>>
>>92742947
can we get this nigga banned from hunter-net please?
>>92742851
stick him in a room with a wayward and he'll be singing like a cannary in 20 minutes or less
>>
>>92742984
>hunter-net
WTF, I logged into Schrecknet. Why are the nosferats so incompetent?
>>
>>92741971
Sascha Vykos used to be Mycah Vykos in dark ages clan anthology. Essentially body-raped by the Eldest in a rebirth thing. Throws dick at Hardestadt at convention of thorns. Changes sex. Tried to create a womb and put fetus in it to give birth to new life in clan novel saga.

Tzimisce have a path of metamorphosis. That can mean a lot of things but is it any wonder it becomes iconic to people desperate to change? It’s like y’all don’t even care about the lore.
>>
>>92742940
Nah, I'm just wondering how other anons would approach it. I will keep these ideas in the back of my head for the next time I need Hunter NPCs. Or by some miracle, play one.
>>
>>92742851
Remove its limbs, eyes & fangs first. The loop really strong wire cable through its sternum & string it up in the middle of an empty room high enough off the ground that if it got its feet back it couldn't touch. Cauterize the wounds vampires can heal so I would suggest strapping sharp metal objects into its stumps & eye sockets to slow down Regeneration or to make it moot. Put a circle of tar around it. Set it on fire. Get a hot poker for defense. Place a metal trap inside its internal organs & heart. Attach that to a remote wench cable so that when you push a simple button, or when a buddy outside the interrogation room pushes a button, the trap springs & then rips all the vital organs straight out of the vampire as the bench reels it in.

Ask whatever questions you want, they can still lie to you & torture doesn't guarantee honesty.
>>
>>92734001
I'm not sure for Requiem, but for Masquerade? Yeah, maybe. It's been established that blood tests can detect the presence of Vitae, at the very least.
>>
>>92742071
The key thing is to introduce something that requires them to put aside their differences to fix. AKA a truce of "We can kill each other later and probably fuck each other over before then, but if we don't deal with this we each lose something precious".
Midnight Circus does this with all the different ways it ensnares people and how it's very easy for a Fetter, pet hedge sorcerer, important kinfolk, etc getting ensnared and trapped in there and now everyone has to try and get their target out or acquire the artifact or whatever before the Circus' corruption gets too deep, their soul gets pulled out, or it transports to the next location.

>>92743506
Yeah, you can see vitae in the blood under a microscope. It looks similar to worm blood in that it lacks red blood cells but instead has loose hemoglobin in suspension.
>>
>>92743902
>>92741785
>Midnight Circus

That book is my guilty pleasure. I really want to play in a game where they show up, but the combo of fairly high power level and heavy amount of crossover make it basically a no sell for my group, especially if I'm not STing.
>>
New World Order is the best Convention. Syndisissies need not reply.
>>
>>92742071
>>92741723
I'm writing a WoD-inspired tabletop with that as part of its basic premise. Its not finished yet but its getting very close and should be done in a month or two.
>>
>>92744025
Yeah it's got so much cool stuff in there. If I ever run Midnight Circus it's either going to have to be a dedicated chronicle centered around it or something that rolls into town after the players foil the plans of the local Archbishop or similar power level. I think if you have a Tremere with Spirit Manipulation and a Giovanni or similar bloodline with Necromancy to deal with the Werewolf Spirits and Wraith stuff respectively you might get away with it in a full VTM chronicle but you're probably gonna run into a wall of Fae nonsense that your players will struggle with.
>>
>>92744310
It seems like the kind of story where you would need to introduce some NPCs to help the players unless you're running some insane cross-splat chronicle
>>
>>92744310
>>92744025
I'd want to do a monster mash mini-campaign for Midnight Circus. Fuck it, bring me a party composed of a Hermetic, a Toreador, a Troll, a Solar and a Nexus Crawler. Let shenanigans ensue. Everytime I the ST has to take down *another* rulebook all the players take a drink.
>>
>>92744310
>>92744324
It's something I'd just love to have my old VTM coterie interact with, and honestly the lack of understanding every element of the Circus unless you have a perfect crossover spread might actually help its mystique. Still, I don't think it's something my group would bite on.
>>
I have a friend who is a DM but he's said he doesn't wanna run v20 due to the excessive amount of books and the way werewolves are handled. Is there any real good counter to this?
>>
>>92744427
You only need the corebook to run V20, and you don't need to include werewolves at all. Seems like a weird issue, but ultimately if he doesn't want to run it you can't really force him to.
>>
>>92742851
Do you have buddies around? Preferably someone with access to an abortion clinic?
Alright so you have the fucker staked. Remove its fingernails, then take out one eyeball. Pull out one of the abortion machines, the one that looks like giant catheter attached to a very large vacuum pump. Guy will think you'll stick it inside the gaping hole that's prime for skullfucking, but it's better to stick it directly into the belly button or onto its sides
>>
>>92744427
I mean there's two ways werewolves are handled, there's the simple stat block for them in V20 that says "Just use Protean lol", and then there's the full rules in W20 if you don't like em. But as the other anon said, you can just run V20 core and tell the players to suck dick if they want the extra books.
>>
>>92740466
Agreed that it'd be more accurate, sadly (or happily) it doesn't have a movie adaptation. Though a production company did buy the rights to it in 2019 apparently.
>>92741327
I told em those clans are practically extinct and/or not doing too well in Modern Nights. I can probably use The Hunger for Cappadocians and surely there's some flesh eaters for Nagaraja somewhere, though I have no idea what i'd use for Salubri.
>>
File: 1471969835299.jpg (37 KB, 425x748)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>the Tal'mahe'Ra actually control both Sabbat and Cam, Inconnu included
>they live in a ghost enoch in the shadowlands
>and they guard the coffins of Ventru, Arikel, Absimilliard, and Nergal who might've just been the HtR Messengers
>and this was all told to them by some random supposed mummy and ignores that Arikel was seen in Syracuse,Greece around the time Carthage was getting uppity, at least according to Ventrue Clanbook.
>they also work with mages and abominations
>and if you go by week of nightmares antes don't actually care about them
So this was just an excuse for them to have a dumping ground for all those shitty bloodlines no one cared about, right? And address the whole secret masters thing the Ventrue go on about
>>
>>92745147
>o this was just an excuse for them to have a dumping ground for all those shitty bloodlines no one cared about, right?
Eeyup.
>>
>>92745147
the week of nightmares stuff was already course correction because nobody and i mean nobody liked their book

originally these guys had been meant to be the secret guys who controll everything in the jihad behind the shadows working for the antes and fighting space demons, everyone who wasn't involved in writing the book however noticed how stupid and lame that was
>>
>>92745147
>the whole secret masters thing the Ventrue go on about
They could have just acknowledged the Technocracy as being a hidden and effective force, but no, Vampire is it's own setting that is not part of the World of Darkness.
>>
>>92742181
I'd say no, Garou in all forms have better digestive systems than what you'd expect. In homid they can process raw meat as well as some toxic substances with little difficulty.
>>
Daevas are unidentified, bigger Ventrue.
>>
>>92745147
>So this was just an excuse for them to have a dumping ground for all those shitty bloodlines no one cared about, right? And address the whole secret masters thing the Ventrue go on about
From what I heard second hand, the writer had a disliked the original black hand and wanted to retcon it. So he took a fuck ton of uber powerful bloodlines he had drafts of and stitched them together.
Honestly, just ignore most of it and extract the parts you like so you can actually use it.
>>92746089
Kek, I like the Daeva but they I rarely use them.
>>
>>92745147
Something i dont understood is why it is called the "true black hand?" Such a practice in most settings generally indicates an attempt of rectifying contradictory/inconsistent information in the lore, but as far as i'm aware this is not the case. The only sort of old inconsistency with the "black hand" i know of was that it use to just be a different name for the sabbat. So what the hell was the purpose of naming this group the "true black hand," its like they were intentionally trying to make the lore seem like it had some sort of errata it didnt actually have
>>
File: 1513833483560.jpg (71 KB, 736x622)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>92745152
I see, that makes sense.
>>92745661
Yeah. A tiny indian usurper bloodline of flesh cannibal necromancers suddenly finding themselves a cainite grand prize in the ghostlands I can believe. It also giving them enough pull to contact and recruit several literally who nearly-extinct bloodlines butthurt their main clans fucked their shit up into forming a gehenna cult that SOMEHOW succesfully infiltrates the major sects all the way to the top without anyone in the entire jyhad noticing despite one being entirely dedicated to killing antediluvians and their pawns and having a special branch dedicated to finding any heresies, and the other one being chuck-full of mind-readers, schizo seers, blood wizards, secret-trading invisible rats, and dominate-happy narcissists? That's just silly.
>>92745993
That could also work but even without crossovers I like the duality and irony of the factions themselves. Inconnu at the top of the bureaucracy are a bunch of schizos holed up in Hunedoara, and the Consistory's head, the mighty Regent, is a dead crossdressing fraud.
>>92746479
As I supposed. I don't see why anyone would want to. If you want to play a secret cult there's tons of material already on the paths and clans. You wanna be secret police working behind the curtain? Become an Alastor or Inquisitor. Anyone wants to play or see a remnant of a near-forgotten bloodline with a snowflake discipline at my table? Sure, but they're an eternally seething loser that can at best aspire to a couple of their personal goals at best, kept alive by curiosity or usefulness in regard to their unique skills to the interest of a superior party.
>>92746593
The other guy seems to get it was precisely a retcon. I like The Black Hand/Sword of Caine as a name for the Sabbat overall and True Black Hand for their secret police/the elders who know the whole "destroy the elders and antes" thing is just a front and they're a lot like the cam.
>>
File: ZombiLife4-P3.png (260 KB, 765x785)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
Have you ever run a Zombie Apocalypse style game, either oWoD or Cofd/nWoD?
If not, how would you do it for your favourite splat?
>>
>>92745147
>https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Steven_C._Brown
i think the Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand books is just this guys usual behavior as a writer,
this is the same guy who wrote freak legion and the book of madness so he has something for weird spirits and one could argue that with the book of shadows he also tried to add something akin to mage (the Ahl-i-Batin being presented as that illusive lost tradition) while also again talking about "in-depth truths"
>>
>>92746642
>Have you ever run a Zombie Apocalypse style game, either oWoD or Cofd/nWoD?
I played a zombie one shot, there were some interesting moments but the CofD rules were not that relevant for the most part, since we were playing baseline mortals.
>If not, how would you do it for your favourite splat?
Werewolves mowing down hordes or undead so until they solve whatever problem is causing the problem before it reaches critical mass would be the most interesting angle I can think of the top of my head.
>>
>>92746627
>Anyone wants to play or see a remnant of a near-forgotten bloodline with a snowflake discipline at my table? Sure, but they're an eternally seething loser that can at best aspire to a couple of their personal goals at best, kept alive by curiosity or usefulness in regard to their unique skills to the interest of a superior party.
Isn't that how all politics work? people are kept around because they are useful or because they are too costly eliminate.
>>
>>92746642
aren't like 90% of the mobs in reckoning zombies?
>>
File: 1644879040530.png (199 KB, 413x374)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
be real with me chat, how often do mages have sex with their avatar?
>>
>>92745147
There's Ventrue IN the True Black Hand so they don't work as an answer to the secret masters question.
>>
>>92745993
Ew, no. If they wanted crossover to be feasible they should have made a better setting for it. There is no reason VtM should be forced to acknowledge gamelines that players may not like at all.
>>
>>92746089
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Daeva are nothing more than Ventrue paranoia. That the only possible explanation for why they don't control absolutely everything must be an unseen, all powerful demiurgical force. It's not that there is no such thing as absolute control, not at all. The only reason we aren't running the intergalactic Ventrue Star Empire is those damn Secret Masters.
>>
File: patterns.jpg (161 KB, 902x606)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>92747080
>laboring under delusion until you're accidentally right
Cousin!
>>
>>92747028
Never. A wizards power is reliant on his virginity
>>
>>92747313
I just love aesthetics of "crazy person writing gibberish on the wall". It's simple and neat.
>>
File: 1713309019479628.jpg (404 KB, 1080x1249)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>>92728938
>TQ
When we take them they are just an extension of their character, a lackey to complement their weaknesses.
>>
What stats and spheres should I focus on if I want to be powerful in M20? Should I boost Avatar? Or Arete?
>>
>>92745147
dont make me start about how the blackhand books fall apart when you scrutinize them even a little bit

atleast the first book as stupid as it was didn't had 4/5 of the faction being secretly traitors
>>
>>92747853
>dont make me start about how the blackhand books fall apart when you scrutinize them even a little bit
Some individual plot points are fine. The way they are strung together is just shit.
>>
File: d01r5lgrhwv81.png (797 KB, 639x851)
797 KB
797 KB PNG
>>92746746
That is correct. Much more reasonable than being kept alive because you're part of the secret super-elite that infiltrated everything without anyone knowing because of a couple lucky coincidences (looking at you Anosh and Roedrigo)
>>92747365
Hypergraphy is one of the coolest schizophrenia symptoms. God bless whoever thought it was a good idea to give the locked up crazies a pen.
>>
>>92741971
>Physically and spiritually raped during his twink years
>Flings his genitals at others and thinks it's an pwn
>Tortures and mutilates a child for the lulz
>Tries to give birth
Sounds like an pretty average troon, desu.
>>
last thread i dropped an iceberg i was working on of obscure VtM information. im still looking for more entries, though the iceberg is in somewhat of a """complete""" state

https://icebergcharts.com/i/Vampire_The_Masquerade

if i did everything right you should be able to propose suggestions without an account on the site, so feel free to spam the suggestions with racial slurs.
>>
The more I read into the Technocracy the more similarities I see between it and the SCP Foundation. Or at least the GOC since they're less tolerant of anomalies like the Technocracy.
>>
>>92748221
Yeah, all factions mentioned are a bunch of morally bankrupt scientists dealing with a lot of magic bullshit.
>>
>>92748194
Thanks for the work. I would suggest raising the Ventru antediluvian being active a level or two because of widespread it has become.
>>
What level of Crúac would be appropriate for a ritual that creates people?
>>
>>92748452
Raised it a tier
>>
Does a lightsaber made of Prime & maybe Forces use Energy Weapons or Melee? Why is Energy Weapons even a fucking skill?
>>
>>92748806
>Does a lightsaber made of Prime & maybe Forces use Energy Weapons or Melee?
Energy Weapons, because it is a weird Sci Fi piece of gear.
>Why is Energy Weapons even a fucking skill?
Because OwOd had some retarded ideas on how skills should work and they played Fallout. idk, just make niche skills a specialization you need to avoid some heavy penalties to avoid skillbloat.
>>
>>92748806
Energy Weapons includes familiarity with raygun technology and ability to service it.
>>
>>92748527
>What level of Crúac would be appropriate for a ritual that creates people?
Back in VtM cloning was Thaumaturgy 5, so probably that.
>>
>>92749019
What book was that from?
>>
File: 1634226004013.jpg (105 KB, 810x1024)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>92748806
>>92748932
If you want to rip off fallout you might as well get get the perks as merits.
>>
>>92748978
>>92748932
So do Ranks in Firearms or Melee translate over into Energy Weapons or vice versa? So can I be a master at Energy Weapons but can't hold a BB gun for shit?
>>
>>92749106
>>92749106
>THINK FAST CHUCKLENUTS
>>
>>92749411
>So can I be a master at Energy Weapons but can't hold a BB gun for shit?
Pretty much, it is kind of retarded.
>>92749468
Lel
>>
File: Retrofitting.png (70 KB, 332x360)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>92748806
>>92748932
>>92749411
>>92748978
Guys, read a bit. It's been talked like two decades ago.
I prefer Retrofitting. If you have Energy Weapon 5, you can consider it Firearms 5.
>>
>>92749486
I understand that there are variant rules to solve the problem. The baseline still is really retarded.
>>
>>92749106
>>92749468
>Throws a grenade from a Staff-sling while wearing power armor that grants you superhuman strength.
At that point the explosion is just for the disrespect.
>>
>>92749515
Baseline didn't have Energy Weapons and when it was added, they introduced rules for it.
>>
>>92749589
I am talking about how early editions had this exact same problem.
>>
>>92749031
Rites of the Blood V20 I think, in the section about Tremere creations (Homunculi, Gargoyles, etc.)
>>
>>92750138
Thank you.
>>
What are some good consequences for losing an honourable duel as a vampire in the dark ages? What stakes would someone request if they wanted to challenge someone that embarrassed them?
>>
>>92750237
Facial branding. They'll walk around with your mark or dip out for a week while everybody knows, and if you perform it in public they might cry.
>>
>>92750237
>What are some good consequences for losing an honourable duel as a vampire in the dark ages?
Why are they fighting? that would be the main factor on what happens to the loser.
>>
>>92750237
>What are some good consequences for losing an honourable duel as a vampire in the dark ages? What stakes would someone request if they wanted to challenge someone that embarrassed them?
Changing religion

There's a bit about how it was commonplace for Christian Gangrel to challenge their pagan brethren to duels, demanding they convert on a loss.
>>
>>92731592
Vigil rocks, it's one of my favourite gamelines.

>>92739189
I'm so sad CofD is basically over, both Vigil and Requiem were good games.
>>
>>92750377
Might be unique to christianizing Nords. They were cultured to lose a fight and go "man, fuck Baldur, their god has hands!"
>>
>>92750237
Blood ransom. They got to supply oh so much blood, either every so often or oh so many payments. Maybe living human herds, or just barrels of blood or even paying with their own Kindred vitae
>>
>>92750237
Blood bond.
>>
>>92747050
Exactly. The is Vampire the Masquerade and the World of Darkness. The two don't actually interact much.
>>
What would a spell to teleport to the moon "look" like? The guide in the book doesn't give a distance beyond "anywhere on Earth"
>>
>>92747050
It would've been interesting to see a WoD/CofD setting that was designed to be more interconnected. Crossover was more supported in CofD, but it was expected you wouldn't. I'm not saying go all out, just but it would make sense for various groups to be assumed to have enough contact to avoid stepping on each other's toes. For example, it wouldn't be uncommon for the local werewolves or changeling court had a diplomat at Elysium, and they would know a bit more about each other than is usually assumed. As another supernatural, you may not know the names of the vampire Clans, but it isn't secret knowledge and you probably know somebody who does. I don't really think it would make the games better, but it could have been cool.
>>
>>92749486
>I prefer Retrofitting. If you have Energy Weapon 5, you can consider it Firearms 5.
I mean that's a perfectly good ruling but it's not what that text says at all. It just says that if you were playing a Revised game and switched to M20, you should upgrade the statblocks (and in fact the text specifically says that they do *not* count for one another, which is dumb as hell)
>>
>>92751459
I'd have liked a fully interconnected world of darkness, assuming it was pulled off well. Which is not a guarantee. The real problem it would have to tackle is how they interact, and it would need to by necessity make the various supernatural creatures less inherently hostile to each other. Which is a precedent they set very early with Werewolves (before they were even playable). Some degree of cooperation or at least mutual respect to the point they aren't constantly fighting or stepping on each other's toes would be required for them to all know each other, and for everyone to still be around by the modern day. As it stands WoD gets away with everyone coexisting in theory because they barely know anything about each other and are all afraid of the unknown/have other more immediate concerns to tackle that issue. Even then, it requires some suspension of disbelief.

WoD also has the problem of too many people invested in the same things, but all being mostly unaware of each other. Who has control over big business and the inner workings of government? Well Vampires in general but mostly Clan Ventrue. But also Pentex. And those Technocracy guys who are way stronger than everyone else. No none of them are aware of each other outside of the vaguest idea. It becomes silly so the best solution is to either make them separate or take a "current splat primacy" approach where whoever is the POV is the important one, and the influence of others is minimized. Still, I do agree that a more interconnected WoD could be cool, and in my opinion it honestly would've made a better game if done correctly.

I've made some small steps to make it work a bit better in my own games, but that has its own caveats namely that I don't like enough of either WoD or CofD to just run one of those fairly pure, so it's become a bit of a mash-up of the things my group and I do enjoy from both settings.
>>
File: 1634653522013.jpg (213 KB, 800x600)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>92751395
>What would a spell to teleport to the moon "look" like? The guide in the book doesn't give a distance beyond "anywhere on Earth"
Whatever you need to teleport what you teleporting the distance you need + 3ish reach to utilize enhanced/machine senses.
>>92751459
>Crossover was more supported in CofD, but it was expected you wouldn't.
All they did was give you some more substantial reasons to interact with one another and some baselines rules on how independent/contradictory powers interact ruleswise.
There are a lot of problems with power creep and '''fuck you for playing a crossover'', mostly coming from mage and changeling(especially because K&K).
>>
>>92751660
>>92751459
First, the splats need to be closer in general power level, use a unified leveling & power stat scheme, as well as having edges to own their particular niche of the night. I would say take the concept of masquerade's Elysium & expand it to include all supernaturals within reason. So the Sabbat probably wouldn't sign on & the Black Spiral Dancers, etc. Each faction is required & generally understood to keep its own house in order & never let their own skeletons break the political truce. It's not like the local werewolf tribes are going to believe the Camarilla vamps when they claim that the shovelheads antagonizing the kinfolk aren't with them. This would also be a reason to reinforce these political structure in each faction. Why to vampires have the Camarilla? Not just to keep the Clans organized & prone to posturing than warring but to present a unified front to the werewolves & Changelings, & such.
>>
>>92751699
What is reach?
>>
>>92751805
Something from the other version of mage.
>>92751797
My guess is that in the end it would be something like Fable.
>>
File: Ошибка 429.jpg (72 KB, 736x897)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
How do I you feel about psychics in WoD/CofD?
>>
>>92751887
I really like the psychic Supernatural Merits in CofD. It's a fun thing to slap on mortals to give them strong supernatural advantages without getting into template nonsense.
>>
File: Spirit Science.jpg (55 KB, 736x389)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>92751904
Yeah, they are useful. Shame they remind me so much retarded shit like pic related.
>>
>>92751887
Cephalists are rad as fuck
>>
File: IMG_8044.jpg (381 KB, 1024x1024)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>92751797
>>92751660
>I'd have liked a fully interconnected world of darkness

Not to shill, but as I said above I've spent the last eleven months or so working on a game with essentially that premise. Which is to say a "WoD in One Book" with an interconnected setting and a basic assumption of cross-supernatural play.
>>
>>92752119
It's absolutely a worthy endeavor, Anon. And I respect pretty much anyone who does homebrew and puts effort into it as a matter of course, even if I end up not caring for what they produce. Which is not to say I don't like it.

Being honest, I don't have the time right now to read through an entire corebook. Too many personal projects of my own, ya know? If I do find the time to read it through in the future, I'll be sure to send some feedback.
>>
Can Prime 5 erase the permanent Paradox in Cyberware & genetic modifications? Like creating a silver arm of Nuada out of rarified silver that is so infused with magic that it's "natural", or weaving genetic alterations into the targets pattern directly. Creating something with quintessence in its veins, or bronze statues that breathe & can procreate?
>>
>>92751660
>I'd have liked a fully interconnected world of darkness
I blame Werewolf and its Triat faggotry for making that so hard,
>>
>>92731883
I'm running a trilogy set of chronicles set in the Philippines. Currently the second game is centered around Cebu and the players are part of a Sabbat Inquisition, where they must stop a mysterious cult of kindred that wants to genocide their own kind (including themselves) for some reason.

The third game will be in Manila and involves the aftermath of an event called the "Lesser War Of Princes" there thanks to a civil war where the contenders want to take the metropolis for themselves after the mysterious assassination of the prince. There was so much kindred deaths and some sects exploited the war, including native vampires that a Justicar was forced to intervene and call upon a conclave. Although it hasn't happened yet, the Justicar plans to balkanize the large princedom and secretly appointed the former Ventrue sheriff as an Archon to make sure the princes don't do another war again. The Archon is also given the task to create a coterie of servires under him and investigate who orchestrated the past prince's death. This is sort of stupid, but it was caused by radical and terrorist anarchs that want to revert kindred society into a state where sects don't exist and the only semblance of organization are princedoms. Their leader is basically the mix of Tyler Durden and Unabomber.

There is also a plot element involved in all three chronicles where the Camarilla princedoms in the country are secretly manipulated by an ancestor cult of Lasombra antitribu that wants to create a new Sea Of Shadows in the country. They also summoned an Abyss entity when the Camarilla was trying to take Manila from the Sabbat, where it devoured most of the kindred in that city (even non-Sabbat such as autarkis). It was covered up and the entity was banished by one of the Sabbat Lasombra who sacrificed herself and became revered as a martyr, but it tainted the city in some way.

Although Wan Kuei are just kindred in my game, they do not adhere to the Caine myth.
>>
>>92752145
>Prime 5
Yeah, probably. Although you’d also need some dots in Matter, too.
>>
>>92752249
Werewolf is definitely a big offender, though for me Mage is the annoying one. I don't care for consensual reality as a setting fixture at all.

I usually just relegate the Wyrm and the Weaver to be powerful entities in my games, but with a lot of the triat gaia cosmology being basically just awoo speculation.
>>
>>92751660
I honestly think Crossover games would be a lot more feasible without even changing the setting if they'd just make the fucking rule system actually coherent and unified. Chronicles of Darkness is so close to working well, but then you sit down and open the books and Oh cool, there's four different "Cursed" Conditions, all of which are completely unrelated to each other, also there's five different versions of the Safe Place Merit with vastly different rules, and then there's all the splat-specific variations like Bolthole or Hollow that could have been made more coherent but weren't. And Vampire: The Requiem 2e just straight-up doesn't fucking use Tilts for some reason, because fuck you.
>>
File: is Frank an instrument.jpg (228 KB, 640x480)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
Are there any vampiric disciplines which allow for simple telekinesis?
>>
>>92752453
Pretty sure there's a Thaumaturgy path for it somewhere.
>>
>>92752459
Yeah, found it, here it is. Movement of the Mind Path, I think it varies a lot by edition though.
>>
So honest question, because they've come up so much this thread. What's the appeal of the technocracy? I often see them hailed as the best part of Mage. I will be honest, I don't care for the consensus and the technocracy completely lose me because of technology just being magic in a clever disguise. I also have developed a distaste for them due to people trying to shove them everywhere like the absolute cope of a fan theory that WoD5's Second Inquisition actually makes sense because it's the Technocracy behind it. We both know if M5 even gets made that isn't the explanation.

But a lot of people seem to like them so I'm legitimately curious, what's the appeal for (you)? Is it just men in black illuminati aesthetics?
>>
File: 1714642552526614.jpg (113 KB, 540x675)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
How would a technocrat explain a avatar that can manifest fully as a physical being?
>>
>>92752522
Despite all their flaws the technocracy is the only faction in mage that genuinely want to improve the lives of sleepers. That is why they must disguise their magic as technology because eventually it *stops* being magic and just becomes a part of how reality works.
>>
File: itimj8bcy6j41.jpg (75 KB, 640x694)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Trying to come up with some VtM characters that subvert or play with clan stereotypes, some ideas:
>Brujah Philosophy Major
>Kind of an autist, no clear politics, just pro-violence
>Wouldn't expect it by looking at him
>Defended his thesis on "The Power of Violence" by pulling an actual loaded gun out during his argument and holding the Deans hostage, impressing his sire and leading to his embrace
>Yelled "Schopenhauer is a BITCH!" during class once.

>Toreador Redneck
>Grew up in a trailer park
>Thick Southern drawl
>Tanktops, PBR, Shops at WalMart, the whole shebang
>Secret theater kid/ballet guy
>Actually not that bad at woodworking/sculpting
>The fact he's an unironic hick just adds to the contrast
>"Ho' boy, I know most fellers like Faust, but I always thought Werther was Goethe's best work."
>He somehow pronounces Goethe perfectly
>Half his movie choices are weird Euro-Art films
>The other half is 80s action flicks

>Malkavian Psychiatrist
>Not the funny kind
>Is 100% aware of the fact he's developed some kind of Schizophrenia
>Can't do anything about it
>Desperate to find some way to cope with the growing insanity
>Can't just "pretend it's not there" because half the time he's hearing phantom mosquitos buzzing around his ear.
>Torpor is looking awfully tempting these days
>>
>>92751699
>There are a lot of problems with power creep and '''fuck you for playing a crossover'', mostly coming from mage and changeling(especially because K&K).
I don't think perfect balance is possible or even desirable, but there's a difference between being stronger and a splat just being able to run roughshod over another without any meaningful counterplay. As you mentioned, mages and changelings are kings at that sort of thing.

>>92751887
I like them a lot and was glad that CofD 2e didn't just have them tucked away in a book like Second Sight. Personally, I wish you could ghoul them because trying to collect special ghouls could be fun as long as it was hard to do.
>>
>>92752557
I mostly only like the Void Engineers, their wild shit like Threat Null and massive umbral space ships are cool as fuck. I could take or leave the others.
>>
>>92752538
>Reality Deviants may have their silly little soul-faces, but a good Technocrat knows what such things really are: wisps of imagination wrapped around perfectly sensible expressions of Genius!
>Even so, Technocrats do not like to discuss these wisps of imagination
>>
>>92752699
Plus sacrificing avatars to keep the Anomaly up, like it's the Golden Throne.
>>
>>92752563
Brujah Philosophy Major
>Kind of an autist, no clear politics, just pro-violence
Toreador Redneck
>Secret theater kid/ballet guy
Malkavian Psychiatrist
>Is 100% aware of the fact he’s developed some kind of Schizophrenia
>Can't do anything about it
>Desperate to find some way to cope with the growing insanity
These 100% play into Clan stereotypes, the fuck? Good for you trying to subvert a Malkavian stereotype, but ironically even that’s a stereotype. I came up a character similar to the Toreador Redneck before, but admittedly she was just waifubait.
Schopenhauer IS a bitch, however.
>>
>>92752522
It’s not that I like them, PER SE, I prefer the Traditions, but read their Convention Books to see which ones would I like if I had to play as them. Revised really showed the nuances of each and humanized them. I like New World Order and the Void Engineers, by the way.
>>
>>92751699
Man they could've done so much better with the Geist and Demon skulls
>>
>>92752731
I meant one that is even visible to others
>>
>>92752119
I wish you good luck with the project.
>>92752249
I don't think the triad was the problem. It was the whole "everyone else is just the result of spirit bullshit" feeling retarded.
>>92752274
Those sound like good games, I will steal from them.
>>
>>92752522
>What's the appeal of the technocracy?
The same appeal as most Sci Fi, it is interesting to explore what they bring to the table and how that fucks with people for the better or for the worse.
>>
>>92752613
>Personally, I wish you could ghoul them because trying to collect special ghouls could be fun as long as it was hard to do
Sounds like a good Ordo Dracul project.
>>
File: 1713903590035274m.jpg (69 KB, 758x1024)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>92752563
I will give it a try.
>Assamite
A humanitarian aid embraced out of spite somehow survives dawn. he is now hunted by his side for the shame he brought upon the Clan.
>Brujah
Vampire accountant comfortably enjoying his life in the Cam.
>Followers of Set
The guy who runs the local AA and similar organizations with no alterior motive after realizing how full of shit his clan's philosophy is for the most part.
>Gangrel
These guys are flexible enough that there really isn't a way to play against the grain because there is no grain.
>Giovanni
Ghost rights activist or soon to be ash whistle blower.
>Lasombra
Hair stylist simultaneously very pissed and glad about their embrace and it's consequences. Also bottoms for Toreador or something.
>Malkavian
Stand up comedian using Dementation to get a few laughs out of people. (Now that I think about it this guy just sounds like a shitty modern Dionysian)
>Nosferatu
Kindred gigolo, no Obfuscate.
>Ravnos
A honest craftsman or interior decorator.
>Toreador
Basically any honest ascetic could work. Maybe an incel with actual qualms about mind fucking people.
>Tremere
Anyone who would say "My Clan did WHAT during the WW2?!" and survive. I'm thinking a trucker throwing fuel thanks at whatever chantry he can find.
>Tzimisce
A spy bored of how easy his job is nowadays. After he learned Koldunism his depression got worse as he doesn't even bother to get out of his car to extract the info he needs.
>Ventrue
His sire cursed him to live out eternity as a poor after realising how plebeian his Rarefied Taste was.
>>
Is anything cool in the Clade Comp Book
>>
>>92751699
Geist is my favourite skull.

>>92751887
I enjoy. I'm currently playing as a numina user in WoD and his scientific paradigm makes him search for more psychic phenomena to learn rather than hedge sorcery. It's fun to play with him.
In one of my first CofD campaigns, I used a cult of the Inferno sub-splat (possessed?) that gave psychic abilities to their followers.
>>
>>92753578
Neat stuff. Inferno feels underutilized given how much bitching Descent caused for being different from fallen.
>>
>>92752563
>Ventrue Slum Lord
>Drove the Nosferatu out of his domain years ago
>Keeps a healthy supply of amphetamine and illegal weaponry flowing into the hood to keep its value low
>CIA took notes from him
>Doesn't care about regality, operates more like a Setite, still more powerful than the average Prince
>Personally guides local gangbangers, training them and arming them
>Picks out the especially skilled for ghouls, and later the embrace if they prove their worth
>Uses his gangsters to get his hands on whatever his feeding restriction is

>Setite Dietitian
>Bullshits people about what is and isn't healthy
>Has corpo interests in his coterie, any fast food chain his gang has stakes in he'll deem healthy
>Sells bullshit weightloss supplements that cause cancer and are highly addictive
>Has a few FDA ghouls, always getting favors from high places
>>
>>92753693
The Setite feels like a Wyrm thrall and not that different from baseline. The slumlord Ventru does feel different from the usual and would be an interesting conflict source.
>>
>>92752613
>but there's a difference between being stronger and a splat just being able to run roughshod over another without any meaningful counterplay.
It's just poorly though out, even in mono splat games. There are some mechanics who's only real balance is either the players and ST being retarded or agreeing not to abuse it.
>>
>>92753410

A Gangrel against the grain would probably be one that is hardcore Camarilla, super social, bit of a priss who dislikes animals, etc. etc.
>>
>>92753829
>There are some mechanics who's only real balance is either the players and ST being retarded or agreeing not to abuse it.
Thankfully that's the only balance needed: good players know not to abuse mechanics to keep the game enjoyable, so if someone starts breaking shit they're probably someone you shouldn't be playing with in the first place.
>>
quick question here: Widderslainte seem to be extremly affected by their avatar even as sleepers so I was wondering those the same thing apply too normal mages? does the avatar still affect them before they awaken? like would someone who's avatar belonged to a good person be more inclined towards good themselves?
>>
>>92754009
LOL have you met the weaklings that are many WoD STs?
>>
lol moot is like the cain of 4chan
our gone father
long forgetting and denouncing us
but he will return
at the end times
>>
>>92753693
Isn't this Ventrue basicaly Kevin Jackson from Chicago by Night, but with a bit more agressiviness?
>>
>>92754009
my table rule is if you start powergaming, the npcs will start doing it too. most of my group are sane enough not to trifle with me on this topic, but once upon a time i did a one-shot with two of my original group, and two of their friends, one of whom was a massive power gamer.

tl;dr he kept trying to manipulate rules and fudge dice rolls and got ripped apart by some lupines
>>
>>92753979
I understand where you're going with it. Maybe spamming Quell the Beast would make for an interesting social character.
>>
I've always wondered how a malkavian and a visionary imbued would interact with eachother. Maybe they'd get along via schizo to schizo communication
>>
>>92754376
They are like magnets, they repell one another.
>>
>>92752563
>Koldunic Tzim traveling the world in an RV filled with dirt.
>Ventrue trailer trash talks at length about purity while living in squalor
>Tremere greasemonkey thinks in terms of engines, decent at Aupsex & Dominate but crap with most Thaumaturgy
>Toreador arsonist/pyromaniac that's compelled to burn beautiful things.
>Assamite black church choir singer just wants to help the community
>Gangrel accountant HoA leader in a quiet tidy suburb
>Nossie heavy metal rockstar in the style of Gwar.
>Nossie luchadore
>Malkavian insurance salesman, constantly drones about risk assessment
>Ravnos who is honest & bathes regularly
>>
>>92753759
>>92753410

I like the Setite ascetic of crazy snake worshippers but I have no idea what their deal actually is because its buried under so much vagueness. I do enjoy the conspiracy stuff a little, but I think with the Setites they maybe went too far.

Like they give you some heroin then you go insane?
>>
>>92753693
Isn't that ventrue basically a diminished Lodin?

>>92752563
We had a gangrel anthropologist, very much group-oriented socialite - would unite temporary coteries around any given object studies, that produced sociological papers on vampire communities after studying them, thne hold salon to discuss the findings. Camarilla.

Current game has a Setite character whose main shtick is being the worst ethical person to have around: basically the guy that always stands up to principles and will remind you just how much of a coward you are for not sticking up to your own guns by just being there.
Player is great at selling that. Just so good at getting hated for doing the right thing.

From these threads we have the elder ravnos craftsman with a compulsion for making counterfeits of other's work. Given his age, that means he's created "fake" manuscripts/paintings that are as old as the originals (some of them in museums too), and he updated with the times and owns companies that allow him to make copies on a industrial scale first, and then later on a "zero-cost" digital one.
Angel investor in AI right now.

A french Jacobin assamite, anti-relgious extremist that thinks in the long run faith is to be eradicated if one wants a working, rational social order, but is strictly against non-institutional violence.
>>
Mage who believes that he is now an Anime MC.
His Avatar is his goddess waifu who granted him his powers.
>>
>>92753979
>A Gangrel against the grain would probably be one that is hardcore Camarilla, super social, bit of a priss who dislikes animals, etc. etc.
Karen Anatos
>>
File: 111111.png (393 KB, 490x2071)
393 KB
393 KB PNG
>>
>>92754499
They're very cross-cosmology is their biggest issue. They're basically tied in to Mummy and Werewolf very hard, Set is very Wyrm-aligned iirc, so his followers are trying to corrupt the world in a very Wyrmy way.
>>
Mage who believes he is actually living inside a ttrpg and someone just level up his Arete from 0 too 1 (wtf is arete how do I know this???)
his avatar are a bunch of disembodied voices that describes his actions in third person for some reason
>>
Are there any supernaturals tied to Hawks or winged champions? It's be nice to have the classic Hawk v Serpent, Horus v Apophis, Perun v Veles, Zeus v Typhon, Michael v Lucifer, allegory to have an opposing force to the Setites, or even the Wyrm itself.
>>
>>92754954
Also, more stuff should reference the Hawk v Serpent symbology. I find it fascinating
>>
>>92754954
I think V1 had a bunch of that stuff with the whole Osiris VS Set thing.
On a somewhat unrelated humorous note, the Setite perspective on the universe is the premise for Mage: The Awakening.
>>
>>92755070
Important addendum: The Setite perspective on the universe is actually the Setites projecting.
>>
Everyone always asks how to play a Malkavian, but my question is how should I ST for a malkavian player? What should I be doing to help them have an enjoyable Malkavian experience?
>>
>>92755190
>What should I be doing to help them have an enjoyable Malkavian experience?
Put LSD in their coffee?
Oops you mean playing a Malkavian.
>>
>>92755190
The way I handle it is dependent on their exact derangement. Whenever they have an episode, I'll reveal something to them privately, usually in the form of a riddle or very cryptically.

For example, Jason the malkavian is having a paranoid schizophrenia moment and suffering from delusions, this causes strife with the rest of the coterie, but privately i inform him that one of his seemingly random delusions is very specifically that the prince is out to get the coterie killed through suicide missions.
>>
>>92755190
This but with a visionary player. It's his first time playing and my first time storytelling
>>
What do you call an act of amaranth committed by a vampiric shoe?

Dicobblerie.
>>
>>92755297
Sole stealing
>>
>>92755243
I guess my problem is that they haven't picked a defined derangement or anything. We both agreed their malkavian nature should be related to their Medium merit, but now that i'm thinking about how to do it, i'm not sure on what's the best way to translate that into madness
>>
>>92754499
Long story short, Set busted a nut so hard he might have travelled to another dimension and fought some variety of demon and gained some of its power and their curse.
Because of this he forms a Sex cult so other can have similar experiences.
As his humanity lowers he grows more depraved and corrupt leading to the current settite m.o
Because of the corruption and/or Malkav he gets sent to Brazil by werewolves and mummies.
He is also Jesus Christ for some fucking reason.
But yes they give you heroine that is supposed to make you into a degenerate.
>>
>>92755436
Some of the ghosts are fake.
>>
>>92755492
That was my first thought, but seeing and talking with ghosts via Ash Path is kinda his thing, so i'm worried that introducing phantom ghosts may make it feel like his power is useless or something
>>
>>92754652
Fun things to read about, kind of a pain in the ass to play.
>>
>>92754524
So... Your average member of the chorus?
>>
>>92754652
so a virtual adept the moment his parent's house has a power outrage?
>>
>>92754954
>Are there any supernaturals tied to Hawks or winged champions?
There are plenty of bird totems for that type of stuff. Besides those CofD had a few other bird shifters.
>>
>>92755096
no that's not true

it's Set projecting. "i didn't lose to guys on my own level because i fell for a sneak attack i totally lost to gods controlling all of reality! and you can't ask anyone else because i killed everyone who saw it... i mean horus did that monster"
>>
>>92755566
No he has spikey blonde hair, heterochromia, & way too many belts & straps. Otherwise yes. Though he studied with the Akashics to master Do.
>>
>>92755436
Oblivion heard Malkavians have a hivemind, too, and sent him a Shadow of his own to tell him how they'll take him over to use as a vector to invade.
>>
>>92755533
Alright, the ghosts aren't fake but sometimes anything broken & destroyed he sees has a ghost attached. Like, if you ball up a messed up drawing, he sees the ghost of the paper. You throw a wrapper away, he sees its ghost asking to be mended. Weapon breaks, torn clothes, etc. EVERYTHING has a ghost to this dude, but it's all fake (or is it?) So he can still talk to normal ghosts, & he can't speak to the broken sidewalk because he doesn't speak concrete (or does he?)
>>
>>92755667
Minor bird stuff doesn't relate. Needs to be a powerful storm/sky/celestial thing that can challenge the serpent
>>
>>92755646
hmm could be an interesting take on the "reality is a computer program" view some of them have, it's like ye olde timey version of it
>>
>>92755436
i ran a depressed malkavian poet who would see ghosts once upon a time, the way the ST handled it was that he would randomly start seeing into the shadowlands, losing sight of mortals/vampires and only being able to see wraiths and things in the shadowlands.
>>
>>92754954
Silverfangs have falcon as tribe totem, shadowlords have strom crows as members of grandfather thunder's brood and silent striders have owl as tribe totem
>>
>>92755190
It depends. What is the character's Derangement?
>>
>>92755190
Play up the Oracle and Madness Network angles if they've got compatible derangements. Randomly spatter in prophetic visions or whispers with hallucinations and similar such, give them panic attacks when they encounter individuals who will be dangerous later or when danger is imminent. It'll have the added benefit of, from a meta perspective, making the player themself not know if any given bout of madness is "Normal" or prophetic/sympathetic from the network.

Remember: The best Malkavians are ones whose babbling insanity everyone listens to, because there's a risk of something very important being hidden in there.
>>
>>92754954
oWoD has a few totems, but like a lot of stuff that's potentially cool in Werewolf, one of the books goes out of its way to stop and say "There are no Were-Falcons anymore, the Werewolves killed them all in the Wars of Rage, stop having fun."
>>
>>92755741
The get Zeus or Grandfather thunder as your totem.
>>
>>92751624
Thats from Guide to the Technocracy mate, not m20. Anon was wrong when he said this shit was 20 years old. It is 25 year old.
>>
>>92755676
Most antediluvians entered torpor. Set has just been seething the entire time. It's ironic that so many of his vampiric descendants are slum lords, because Horus and Osiris have lived rent free in his head for millennia.
>>
>>92755912
>>92755908
The problem with using Werewolves to find a sky/hawk aesthetic is that it's going to be drowned out by the Wolf aesthetic. I'm being a goldilocks about this. I don't know what would be a good answer. I'm just sort of passively bitching
>>
man I'm reading the book of the fallen and I gotta say that making the big bad guys just "ordinary" abusers but with reality bending powers is genius.
>>
>>92756049
What is set even mad about?
>>
>>92756144
The Corax are birds at least, so there might be a starting point there.
>>92756301
That the one where the author opens with the absolutely deranged foreword recounting the second-hand rape story?
>>
very funny thing you can make canon in your sabbat chronicle: Caine is still on the path of Humanity. if the pack ever meets him he will go on a rant about how much he hates them and how their mere existence makes him want to kill himself out of embarrassment before cursing their bloodline and leaving.
>>
>>92756144
Then make a Sorcerer with that as the totem and theme.
>>
>>92756358
Because he somehow lost to a bunch of dogs and mortals without even exploiting his sun and light weaknesses.
>>92756439
>Meet Cain
>He is a bitch
Makes sense.
>>
>>92756358
daddy liked osiris more than him... i am not even kidding pretty much everything escalated from there and set sees all the other antes as just interlopers in his familly conflict.. despite most of them probably not even knowing what a mummy is
>>92756144
then how about a eagle themed dreamspeaker or sorcerer?
>>
>>92756144
>>92756420
Crows have actually been known too help wolf packs hunt given that they let them eat some of the meat afterward. if any bird totem would help the garou then it would be the Crow one.
>>
>>92755746
How did that work out in practice?
>>
>>92756501
Nearly got him killed two or three times in combat, lead to him being the only one able to figure out why a wraith was haunting the local elysium, and also lead to him having an intense hatred of the Giovanni because he got to see their cruelty unto wraiths first hand.
>>
>>92756598
>>92756598
>>92756598

made a new thread
>>
>>92756596
>>92756596
>>92756596
New Thread, Migrate!
>>
>>92756599
>>92756622
Bruh.
>>
>>92756599
>>92756622
You have to shoot them both, it's the only way.
>>
>>92756622
fuck it we're taking his thread his question was way better than mine
t. made >>92756599
>>
>>92756670
There is always next thread. have a good time.
>>
>>92756439
My views on Caine as a character are always biased by my views on Cain IRL.

Cain ultimately ran from responsibility. So in my games Caine is the same. He doesn't take responsibility for Abel, he didn't take responsibility for his childer fighting & the fall of Enoch, etc. Hrs kind of an inverted Christ, in that he needs to suffer for everything hrs done as well as for everything every vampire has done. Gehenna is nigh & plans on reclaiming every drop of his vitae in the world in atonement. If I had to give him a Path/Road I would say Christianity
>>
>>92755533
Ghosts of Past, Present, and Future. The "Fake" ghosts are manifestations of the madness network. So he might see a "ghost" of an NPC you introduce several sessions later.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.