[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.2 MB, 1200x675)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
a couple friends grabbed this months ago since we were all into the dune books before the movies came out, but we didn't realize the new version changed more than just replacing the art with generic promo shots of the actors
it was decently fun enough but we did want to eventually get at least the 2019 version for the spacing guild+BG, is it worth it? I've heard mixed reports that if you don't have a full 6 players it's not good to play and that it takes much longer, but a longer playtime isn't a con for us
>>
>>92759874
>we didn't realize the new version changed more than just replacing the art with generic promo shots of the actors
Do I even want to know?
>>
>>92762166
there's only harkonnens, imps atreides and fremen for one, and apparently some of the gameplay was streamlined a bit
from what I read the combat is still the same with secretly declaring a leader and amount of force and weapons/defense but some stuff like cards were rebalanced and rounds were sped up/total round count was lowered or something
We enjoyed the night we played of it so far, reminded me of cosmic encounter but with less randomness since you actually can choose who to fight
>>
>>92763214
>there's only harkonnens, imps atreides and fremen for one
Dropped like atomics on the Shield Wall. 4-player Dune is a poor-man's variant for when you don't have players.
>>
>>92763214
>>92763339
I have enjoyed 4 man dune and even 3 man dune. However this sounds like a shit edition and you should go get the much better older one.
>>
>>92768785
I already have a P&P one that's seen tons of play. 6 players is the true way to play, 4 is OK, 5 is playable but subpar, 3 is exclusively for teaching rules.
>>
Is it more similar to REX?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.