[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

We tried playing the Mind with Hanabi rules. Not as good as 2 player Coup.
Happy 4th to our burgers, and a belated Happy Leaf Day to our loonies!

Previous thread: >>93226880

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/h8Tz2ze8

>TQ
Year is half over, have any 2024 titles impressed?

For the aesthetic autists among us: which game has the best iconography?
>>
Shit, I forgot: give some love to the new war boardgames general >>93240678
The previous couple of threads were cozy, hope you guys become a mainstay.
>>
File: 172000785349882032.jpg (70 KB, 640x480)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
For some reason, I have a fascination with 70s board games that never caught on. Newest addition is Selgo.
>>
>>93248644
I like the aesthetic. How does it play?
>>
Two bgg threads, really? Absolute faggotry
>>
>>93248829
Light strategy. It’s from the maker of Othello, this just never caught on. You place pieces, then move them around on the board one square at a time, the goal is to get 5 in a row. The intriguing bit is the starred perimeter, where your piece can move your pieces an unlimited spaces around the perimeter unless you bump into an opposing piece.
>>
>>93249017
>the guy who made Othello in 1883 went on to make a Gomoku variant in 1975
Interesting if true.
>this just never caught on.
You picked a game so obscure that it doesn't have an entry in the gulag. Was セルゴ ever published outside of Japan?
>>
>>93248509
>For the aesthetic autists among us: which game has the best iconography?
Race for the Galaxy does so much heavy lifting with it's icons.
>>
>>93249350
Reversi was made in 1883, Othello is a slightly tweaked variant of it, which was invented in the 70s.

But yeah I don’t think セルゴ ever was published outside of Japan. But he sure tried to make it catch on. He iterated on it with a new version called Socrates in the 80s or 90/ and then another iteration called Miracle Five in the 00s.
>>
The more I play Summoner Wars online,,, the more I'm convinced the game needs a mulligan rule added.
>>
>>93248970
This wouldn't happen if you guys didn't leave OP duty to like, 3 regular people and actually got off of your asses and made new threads before page 10
This thread is way better though, the other OP is a whiny faggot
>>
>>93248509
>For the aesthetic autists among us: which game has the best iconography?
Just did a quick look at my collection.
Almost no games with iconography.
There are a few icons in the Pax games, and then there is some more in Europa Universalis and the rest has none.

>2024 titles that impressed me.
Eylau 1807: Battles of Napoleon
Big game with a very streamlined ruleset.
Plays fast and has a great activation board to quickly see what is activated or not.
The main problem is that the counters are too large for the hexes considering you have to orient them correctly because of flanking and such.
>>
File: burncycle.jpg (227 KB, 1142x957)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>At times, it’s simply too much. It can feel more procedural and workmanlike than entertaining or dramatic. I’d liken large swathes of play to the emotional resonance of actually writing software or performing database administration, which is difficult to reconcile with the promise of a robot Ocean’s 11. Too much time is spent waiting in rooms to avoid patrolling sentries or futzing with side-distractions as opposed to actual, meaningful progress.

So burncycle is shit for people with autism?
>>
>>93249895
Chip theory has absolutely gorgeous production value for a whole catalog of games I never see discussed, outside of "Too many bones".
Hoplomachus looks like it could be fun but that's too high of an asking price.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.