[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fancy (Copy).jpg (955 KB, 1104x1440)
955 KB
955 KB JPG
>"If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!"

***READ THE GUIDE***

Discord
https://discord.gg/W973BmwERB

The guide:
Part 1 (Quick Start)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSBDfE8Iz-a86DZJCR5MHRW6tjkQX-y4-ZpUc_vHjRfx_i2FB0zR1usdrgUJ4wNTs1iDFZmTQHF66X_/pub

Part 2 (Deeper Dive)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQJG2SZo1O1PjExPrdU_-GnkrYTGiGLCgBcKaL4peEWxOGB4CNbpGaJBV1oF61eNE1lEhbQHYEAXLrw/pub

And a handy guide to other types of plamo: http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20(Scale%20Modelling%20Step-By-Step).pdf
http://www.scalemodelguide.com

Some line art:
https://imgur.com/user/Gundaml1neart/posts
https://mechalineart.fandom.com/wiki/MechaLineart_Wiki

Old Thread: >>10907712
>>
>>10936364
FYI, the groupbuild has been extended by 10 days because the builders on /m/ requested it. It should be due on the 10th now.
>>
== VIDEO GAMES GROUPBUILD ==

Build a Mecha or vehicle (Spaceship, tank, etc) that appears in a video game!
>Any game series is fair game to source kits from (ex: Armored Core, Muv Luv, Virtual On, Mega Man, etc)
>For mecha anime appearing in video games the design must have originated from a video game, just appearing in a game like SRW doesn't count (ex: the Gundam Pixy is fine since it debuted in Cross Dimension 0079 for the SFC, but a plain old RX-78-2 is not fine despite appearing in the same game)
>Alternatively, you can kitbash kits in order to create a build inspired by a video game character (ie: a Samus made out of a Michaelis)
>Spaceships (ex: Vic Vipers) airships (ex: Highwind) and other vehicles (ex: Mammoth Tanks, Neotanks, those walkers from Halo) are also fair game as long as they're clearly mechanical and sci-fi - Don't go submitting the Shelby Cobra from Age of Empires II.

Submit your entries to gunplaplamo@gmail.com , include at least 5 finished pics and any WIP pics you took while working on your entry, as well as a brief description of your build.

START: 12/9/23
END: 4/10/24
>>
I fell for the chinkshit meme and liked them. What are some suggested chinkshit kits?
>>
>>10936587
motor nuclear
solomon physalis
hemoxian thor
borwse the model kits section on gundamit and you'll see a ton of chinkpla, both knockoffs and OCs
https://www.gundamit.com/products/?&Narrow=4+1
>>
File: file.png (524 KB, 750x563)
524 KB
524 KB PNG
>>10936587
I just recently got my 1st Motor Nuclear kit. Picrel.
I haven't tried putting it together yet but my cursory look through the parts impressed me on the quality. And it came with a ton of stuff for something that cost me around $35 + shipping.
>>
File: 1701379373309729.jpg (766 KB, 1920x2560)
766 KB
766 KB JPG
>>10936829
the cost in CN is only 99 yuan (14 usd)
so that $35 price already includes like $20 worth of shipping costs
>>
>>10936833
And unless you live in CN that yuan price means jack shit.
>>
>>10936838
it means if you are paying for shipping already you can probably find it cheaper than $35 + shipping
for example on aliexpress i can order it $37 with shipping included.

you can also order it from taobao for the actual CN price and pay for shipping to the USA but you have to navigate a chinese website and of course cheap shipping across the ocean will be slow
>>
>>10936843
And none of that matters cuz even at $35 the kit comes with enough and is big enough to be worth it.
>>
>>10936855
yeah these CN kits have really high value for money in terms of amount of parts/runners especially compared to non-bandai plamo companies like kotobukiya
>>
>>10936810
>hemoxian thor
I built him recently, he's a chunky fucker, but I can't seem to get him to look very dynamic.

>>10936829
I'm really liking that one. Think I'll get it alongside this guy on my next shop.
>>
File: ill-usive.jpg (768 KB, 1067x2500)
768 KB
768 KB JPG
So I got this recently released Dspiae reciprocal sander (cost me $35 shipped) and tried it out.

I can't say I'm impressed.

From past experience Dspiae tools are well-built and have a nice solid feel to them (being made of metal helps with that). This one feels really cheap and plasticky by comparison (which makes sense since it's all plastic).

Sanding heads are easy to swap, the self-adhesive sandpaper bits attach to them securely, there are even labels for grits that you can stick to the heads so you know which sandpaper is used. But that's where nice things end. The sander makes quite a bit of noise which to me personally is annoying, and it's not particularly quick or powerful when it comes to actual sanding. I used a 400 grit bit to sand an edge of some scrap plastic and I am quite sure I would have sanded it much quicker (and quieter) by hand with a 400 grit sanding stick. And it's not like you can get into tight spaces with it either: the head oscillates about 1mm each way but does so at relatively low frequency (thus the annoying noise and slow progress even at highest speed).
I don't think I will have a lot of applications for this thing in my work to be honest, but if you have a lot of patience I guess you can use it to sand off nubs on some nice flat pieces (the sandpaper is hard-backed so you can't really sand curved surfaces with it).

4/10, worth maybe $10 if you can find it on sale.
>>
>>10937051
seems like dspiae's strength is metal tools.
the electric stuff is equivalent quality to any other cheap chinese product of the same price. which makes sense as they're not likely making it inhouse or in the same facility as their other stuff.
>>
>>10937119
It seemed like this was designed by an entirely different team or something. Their rotary sander is aluminum and feels a whole lot nicer that's for sure.
>>
I know it’s old but how’s the MG Rick Dias?
>>
>>10936563
Would >>10934900 this count? It's based on just a guy from a game.
>>
>>10937173
Probably, Groupbuild dude is pretty reasonable, I'd just email him.
>>
File: 1652204972097.gif (2.62 MB, 498x456)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB GIF
>>10937173
Wait, you made a YiiK custom paint job intentionally without the intention of submitting it to the video game themed groupbuild? I'd submit it personally.
>>
I bought an hg aerial and calibarn, how likely is it going to be a collector's item thats incredibly valuable in the future gunpla wars?
>>
I got my first RG Kit, the RX-78-2 Gundam, and plan to display it in a Truss Base once done, but I've only ever built two HGs, what advice can I get? I learned that I'm supposed to snip away from the piece, then remove the nubs, I've got Gundam lining pens on the way (brown/grey/black) and a gunpla tool kit on the way with a measurement cutting board, what else is advised to have before I get into building?

Paint/line/sticker up the parts before assembly? Or after?

Should I get or use a clear coat?

Are there any other parts to get before building?

Any kits that would make a great "Link from Zelda as a robot?" (Best I figure is kludge a few Zaku/Gundam females together.)
>>
>>10938524
A hobby knife is handy for paring down any excess nubbage. If you're not going to paint, a glass file helps to reduce nubs down to zero with little/no damage to surrounding, but it's an extra tool you'd have to buy. I bought a generic Chinese one from Amazon, I like it since the smoother finish also lends itself to what I feel is a smoother paint job. If you don't want to buy a glass file, then varying grits of sandpaper also work, start at low grit (around 500) and work your way up to 2,000 or so.

I tend to sticker and panel line at the limb stage, since you don't have the rest of the body to get in the way. If you're going to paint (and as you've likely seen in research, airbrush is the only real way) then do so at the individual piece level, making sure to be careful with the joints.

Clear coat is always recommended. If you paint it protects the paint job, and if you don't paint it removes the plastic look of the kit making it look less out-of-the-box. Matt/flat coat on bare plastic makes a kit look much better with minimal work, but repeatedly buying rattle cans can rack up cost, with this approach spraying at the limb stage can be more efficient, but make sure to bend the joints for a second coat so that you hit the surfaces that were hidden by those joints. As with painting, an airbrush does a much better job of top coating than rattle cans, and you can use other mediums as well (for example, the floor wax trick). Beware, stickers under top coat stick out like a sore thumb, which is why many recommend buying waterslides instead (if you don't have the money you can also just not apply the stickers).

Ultimately it's up to you to learn from your own build experiences and do research on how you can do your next build better. You don't need literally every tool in your toolbox, particularly if they cost a lot, but first-hand experience is the best teacher, followed by guided questions after each one. Above all though, just have fun.
>>
>>10938577
So, using the sticker sheet with the kit would tend to prevent me from benefiting from a clear coat? Especially if my best option was a rattle can approach?

Do I coat the frame as well or just the armor panels?

Is it bad to try and matte sand all the panels then sticker then clear coat?

At best I wanted it to look like it's got semi appropriate scale when facing a Gojira figure.
>>
File: IMG_1716.jpg (2.78 MB, 4032x3024)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB JPG
>>10938665
Here is my RG RX-78-2 that I built last year, using hobby knife (no glass file), sticker sheet and a rattle can of flat top coat on top of bare plastic. You can see some of the transparent stickers still stick out under the top coat really obviously, I did it to protect the stickers (on my previous non-coated kits the stickers eventually lost adhesion and just peeled off), but ultimately I treated it as a warm-up kit for getting back into the swing of things since I hadn't built a proper Gunpla in about 12 years prior to that.

My approach for the kit was to assume I would never expose the inner frame (which is actually very skeletonized compared to what the 2.0 will do), and spray each limb as I complete it. Hold the limb straight, spray, wait for it to dry, then bend the joints to expose surfaces hidden by armor pieces and spray those areas for complete coverage. For the parts with shiny stickers (eyes, cameras) you might want to spray the pieces individually and then put the stickers on, but the transparent stickers you could get away with putting underneath the top coat even if it does end up looking ugly (everyone starts somewhere, your first kit isn't going to be perfect no matter what you do).

You shouldn't sand every single surface on a Gunpla, the main important thing is to sand/file the nub areas so that you don't get exposed nubs sticking out. Do that to each piece prior to assembly. As you can see from the image, even flat top coat on top of bare plastic makes it look a lot nicer since it doesn't have the plastic sheen look anymore.
>>
>>10938689
I don't see anyone but the chubby gun tank pilot with much clarity, can you use a flash or better lit pic? The only tidbit I see of your remark about the stickers is the red one on the hip skirt.
>>
File: banh671684_8.jpg (422 KB, 1200x1200)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
>>10936364
I've been avoiding 30MM but the AC kits look like a completely different line
>>
File: IMG_2030.jpg (856 KB, 1536x2048)
856 KB
856 KB JPG
>>10938797
I put it in storage after building it since my current options for displaying completed Gunpla is near-nonexistent, but here's what the completed thing looks like.

As you can see, several of the stickers are super obvious, and a few are already in danger of peeling since the edges carry them off of the surfaces (or would be had I not used top coat). For sure it looks better than bare plastic, but it's also a very good showcase of why stickers are recommended to be avoided and waterslides used instead.
>>
>>10939037
the koto kits look better
>>
>>10939791
They're like 4x the price at retail let alone what resellers new offering
>>
>>10939712
Thanks, I ordered waterslides. I'll just use the stickers for a generic Gundam of that size some day, makes more sense they'd have more "large display panels" or "interchangable stickers for regimental usage" that are that obvious. (Or, sticker solvent if one actually works alright.)
>>
File: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (24 KB, 288x499)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Does someone know where I can get a set of non-Chinesium chisel heads in the 0.1-0.2mm range if I live in the US? The websites where I ordered my paints from are currently all out of stock of 0.15mm, and only one website out of the bunch have 0.1mm and 0.2mm (Newtype). I'm not sure that I trust eBay enough to buy from them, and Amazon only has Chinesium sets that lack the 0.15mm option.
>>
>>10940097
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000023506637.html
These are good enough. The ones that are better start at $40 a piece.
>>
>>10940202
That's chinesium!!!
>>
>>10940656
Yes, and they are good enough for you. The only ones that are better are BMCs, go look for them on amazon.co.jp if you have the budget.
>>
>>10940202
>>10940656
I explicitly said no Chinesium. I want actual quality chisel heads like Madworks, Dspiae, etc. But again, none of the sites I can find stock them in 0.15mm.
>>
>>10940667
>Dspiae
Did you even look at the link I posted?

>actual quality chisel heads like Madworks
LMAO
>>
>>10940667
Both of those are rebranded Chinesium
>>
>>10940667
>quality chisel heads like Madworks, Dspiae, etc
All of these are chinese.

The only good quality chisels that are not chinese or corean are BMC and Creos, get your wallet ready.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (169 KB, 1155x670)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>10940669
The link broke and said item not found, so based on the reply I assumed it was one of those slop mass-produced chisel sets that flood the Amazon storefront that advertise as tungsten steel but are just rusty dull shit that snaps after three or four kits. My mistake.

>>10940672
>>10940676
Basically I was just told that as long as it's made by SAB, BMC, Madworks or Dspiae it would be fine or good enough. Things I could find on "reputable" modeling website storefronts that are at least some form of brand name.
>>
>>10940687
>SAB
corean BMC knockoff

>Madworks
>Dspiae
chinese

>BMC
The only reputable brand, made in Japan by Sujiborido.
>>
Anyone have any tricks for making RG stickers not look like shit?

I'm in love with RG but jesus christ these stickers are the bane of my existence
>>
File: 20240206_105725.jpg (3.37 MB, 4000x3000)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB JPG
>>10941090
No. Best you can really do is cut the clear overhang off them, but water decals are the way to go for a reason.
>>
>>10941090
you can cut the excess edges of the stickers using scissors or modeling knife to make it less obvious
>>
File: isokaze_wip.jpg (499 KB, 1187x2000)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>10941090
You can try drowning them in clear gloss, but you have to make sure you don't fill your panel lines etc in the process.
>>
File: IMG_20240406_172342.jpg (3.57 MB, 3120x3222)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB JPG
>>10936364
How my hobo Zaku guys?
>>
>>10941507
needs to look less like it took a trip through your colon.
>>
So what's the deal with full mechanics kits? Are they just MG-lites?
>>
>>10941698
They're basically RE/100 but for AU works. Effectively an engineering evolution of the old HG 1/100 lines.
>>
File: 1712330173850378.jpg (1.05 MB, 4000x3000)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>10936364
base Athrun's Zaku Warrior finished
>>
File: 1712357565576328.jpg (813 KB, 4000x3000)
813 KB
813 KB JPG
and yesterday I worked in the blaze wizard backpack to fully complete the model
>>
File: 1712357899174902.jpg (867 KB, 4000x3000)
867 KB
867 KB JPG
it was fun trying to do the weathering look for once and while I made plenty of mistakes, nothing better than first hand experience to see them for yourself and try to avoid them in the future
what really made me like this the most was getting the diecast inner frame, it really makes quite the difference for the feeling you get when handling the model
>>
>>10941698
>Are they just MG-lites
they are 1/100 scale HGs
same as RE100 but it's a different name because RE100 is only supposed to be for old UC autism
>>
>>10941698
>MG lite
Yes. The other 2 anons are way off comparing them to Re/100 or HGs, they have too much detail/complex engineering to be comparable.
>>
>>10941698
The NG 1/100 line that had been traditional with almost all Gundam series evolved into Full Mechanics starting with S2 of IBO to promote the inner frame and extra detail of the line. And Bandai decided to consolidate by combining it with RE1/100 so now what was once a NG line mutated into a 1/100 line that can stand proud next to a MG on a shelf but doesn't have the same quality as one.
>>
If I'm in the market for a model kit that's something like a female robot but not Frame Arms Girls or 30 Minute Sisters, what the hell am I looking for? I'm thinking more Blackarachnia, less Miku.
>>
>>10941507
Needs more thought put into the stains, just looks like you dunked the entire thing into some shit instead of considering places dirt is likely to build up first.
>>
>>10942119
Flame Toys Transformers model kits, Megalomaria line
>>
File: file.png (2.23 MB, 1200x1200)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
>>10942119
Momo Orca & Dread
>>
>>10942119
kotobukiya fancy aile
>>
>>10942119
>>10942170 (me)
sorry didnt read
>more Blackarachnia, less Miku.
>>
>>10942152
Yeah that's probably more in line with what I was thinking. Anything in an MG like scale and detail? Not a big fan of 1/144s, too small for my ham hands.
>>
>>10942216
The Momo's are pretty tall.
>>
File: IMG_9116.jpg (357 KB, 1280x960)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
Found under senior care centre that closed a couple of years ago
>>
>>10942425
What the fuck? Did you take them?
>>
>>10942453
Not to be one of those people, but it isnt the smartest to take anything while exploring stuff. Turns a trespass into a full on felony burglary charge.
>>
>>10937045
Love this pointy bastard, its definitely gonna be my next build. Also, the Zero Gravity Judge is a great with a huge presence as a centerpiece display. However, the hands, the holding hands are absolute shit unfortunately
>>
>>10940097
Why dont you trust Ebay? Its my primary source for all gunpla related shit, Including a Madworks 0.2 chisel I use on the regular. Its fine dude, im seeing its a rebranded chinaman tool but it works on my machine
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (214 KB, 1219x517)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>10942592
Dunno, force of habit from the very old days back when consumer protection on the site wasn't as strong as it used to be. I'm unreasonable about a lot of shit for stupid reasons.

Anyways, I bought the chisels from a vendor on Aliexpress, so they'll arrive in a couple weeks or so. I guess now's a good time to ask, are these types of generic stencils worth buying? Again, I'm primarily just going to rescribe existing detail on my kits but I may eventually experiment with adding a few panel lines to boring flat surfaces.
>>
>>10936364
For panel lining, is there a recommended pen or marker to use? I bought a Gundam pen but its a bit thicker than I was expecting. Maybe I am not using it right though.
>>
>>10942743
You're supposed to clean off the excess with a wet tissue.
>>
>>10942743
The pen markers they make suck hard. I cant get them to ever work. Just doesn't want to put anything down on the plastic. I use a handful of tamiya panel liners. Theyre handy, just gotta be careful with them. There is also a pour type marker, and those work similarly. Just cant be used on abs plastic.
>>
File: ankou_team_wip01.jpg (1.01 MB, 1600x2137)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>10942738
>are these types of generic stencils worth buying
I have a few of those but I never use them. The scribing tape is far more useful for that sort of thing.
>>
Why isn't there a Gunpla virtual part builder? Listing all the parts from kits but virtually, like Lego Digital Designer, but for GUN-PLA.
>>
>>10943118
I believe that was what bandai intended with their metaverse but people snooped and found files and printed them.
>>
>>10943265
You're gonna want to remove the attachment points for some parts then, the shapes can't be copyrighted but how you put them together would.

I guess what I want would be a Gundam universe Armored Core, all the parts to pick from, with no actual model specific things except the kits each part come from.
>>
>>10943118
gee, why can't we just give an application for the chinese to rip all our digital model definitions without having to bother to actually reverse engineer?
retard moment.
>>
>>10942425
>This is what will become of your backlog.
>>
Can you mix and match parts without needing major surgery to graft bits together? I kinda want to mash a few Gundam and a zeon suit waist together, but I don't want to get the kits to only find out I have to create my own joints for the custom build.

And fwiw, the kits I wanna mash together are the HG 1/144 turn A torso, Zudah waist/arms Schwalbe Graze legs, and Shaldoll's head.
>>
>>10943400
Just having a quick nose on the manuals on Dalong, the Turn A torso has a rod coming from the torso, while the Zudah has a rod coming from the shoulders, so you'll have to change one of those to be a port instead.
>>
>>10942738
Ebay and paypal have always been way more on the buyers side
>>
Survey time, what HG kit did you have the most fun putting together and why?
>>
>>10943408
Do they have the parts to change that included or would that be a matter of crafting my own port? What about connection at the bicep?
>>
File: m216_14.jpg (80 KB, 596x800)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>10941818
>that can stand proud next to a MG on a shelf but doesn't have the same quality as one.
they are equal to probably 50% of MGs at this point because newer MGs have half assed internal frames just for the sake of checking the box off that there's a frame. LIke this Ginn/Zaku Warrior might as well have been a Full Mechanics since there's no detail at all on the internals, just ugly ass slots/holes to stick on the outer armor.
>>
>>10944237
Damn, that actually looks worse than some RGs these days.
>>
>>10944237
Speaking of, I'm new to gunpla and always see people constructing the full frame first for MGs. I've just been following directions as they're written, fully constructing each section before moving onto the next. I'm about to build by first MG (Qan[T]), and I'm wondering if I should try it that way or just build as written for the first few.
>>
>>10944542
It doesn't really matter, do whichever pleases you. If you want to have some fun posing and photographing the frame before putting the armor on, then give it a try.
>>
>>10944237
That's pretty dire, aside from a few details I could honestly believe this was a particularly good HG frame. That gap has closed so much in the last 10 years, and MG has not made any real significant advances in a long time.
>>
>>10944244
>>10944562
>>10944237
oh pls, mr. disingenuous samefag, you're cherry picking to compare the two worst modern MGs (ginn and zaku warrior) that are full mechanics in everything but name.
>>
>>10944610
I mainly build RGs, the only MGs I've built are the F91 2.0, Nu Ver Ka, Providence, and the ancient Zeta Plus. I couldn't cherrypick the worst modern MG if I tried.
>>
>>10944662
>today I will make broad sweeping claims about a product line I have a sample size of 4 out of 200 releases
>>
>>10944699
I didn't make the initial claim, fucko. I was one of the replies.
>>
>>10944733
suuuure buddy
>>
>>10943950
Can't narrow it down to one, but the shortlist would probably be
>G-Witch Demi Trainer
>IBO Graze
>HGUC Acguy
>>
>>10943950
Gundam Rose was an excellent build.
Runner-up is Zaku F2, for some reason it's much more satisfying than more modern kits.
>>
File: img_7335.jpg (45 KB, 458x602)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>10946028
>Zaku F2
I understand you. This is a great kit. It feels so utterly solid, and I really like the interlocking knee and elbow sculpts. Something about it just stands out to me even all these years after building it. Doesn't have crazy range, but feels good to pose, and the looks are 10/10. One of my favorite older HGUC kits.

Zaku 1 Sniper Type (2006) is another great older kit.
>>
>>10946074
I really wish the MG was designed with the same level of care as the HGUC.
The MG is by no means awful, but the fixed waist torso is unfortunate.
>>
>>10946490
the sculpt is also missing the satisfyingly beefy knees of the HG.
>>
Blokes, quick question after ten plus years not visiting this board or the hobby.
Is there any hope of a PG Unleashed/Updated PG Zaku II? The PG exists, but the kit is 15 plus years old.

Also, is anyone aware of model tanks, ideally WW2, in the Gunpla style? ie, not glue and paint but the snap together way of building? It's a hard concept to word for google. Thanks for any advice bros
>>
>>10946698
first question: no
tooling for model kits is extremely expensive, for PG, you are probably looking in 10 millions of USD for the molds, so PGU goes to the most iconic/popular MS.

there are tanks that are snapfit, but all i've seen are just very small size, like 1/64 and 1 color and comes from China
>>
>>10946718
Damn, that sucks. But I appreciate your help! Thanks anon
>>
>>10946698
The RG RX-78-2 got a 2.0 after 14 years, so nothing's impossible. The PGU was 22 years after the first PG, so that one was quite welcome, but unless there are some major problems with the PG Zaku I don't think it's going to get a PGU since "upgrade lines" tend to be reserved for hero suits (hence why MGEX only has Unicorn and Strike Freedom). But who knows, the Zaku is special so we might see a 2.0 instead of a PGU.
>>
>Plamo noob question here

I want to build one suit, to have for my house. I don't watch Gundam, I'm not a fan of any of the lore, I just think the mechs are cool and I like models and the like. What is the one kit I should get that would be the best, most challenging and I guess 'ultimate' experience? No budget.
>>
File: wgimxlypchy11.jpg (88 KB, 976x741)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>10946850
I should mention too that I have experience with scale models so complexity isn't a problem. Ty plamonons
>>
File: file.png (1.51 MB, 1200x1200)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>10946850
>>10946852
pg rx-78
1/60 scale and it is the flagship mobile suit of the entire series
>>
File: p14_87.jpg (133 KB, 689x750)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>10943950
>>10946852
If you just want a bang for your buck Gundam kit that gives a good build experience then a PG is definitely what you want to look for. RX-78-2 (The newer version), Exia, and Unicorn are probably the best in terms of features (Unicorn has an LED lit-up inner frame that you can try hunting down). If PGs are too big for you you can jump down a scale to MGs, most recent ones are pretty good
>>
>>10946852
>I should mention too that I have experience with scale models
then no gunpla will be super challenging, they are designed to be pretty easy to put together.
the most challenging ultimate experience is of course painting them yourself, not building.
so just look through all the MG & PG kits on dalong.net and pick whichever you think looks coolest then come up with a color scheme for it.
or if you're not feeling creative just do one of the char suits like Sazabi in the shiniest candy-coat sports car red you can.
>>
>>10946953
>the most challenging ultimate experience is of course painting
The "most challenging ultimate" would be heavily modifying or scratch-building a suit. Painting is average as challenges go.
>>
>>10936364
What do you need to make oil wash? Is Winsor artist white spirit okay to use on plastic?
>>
>>10946852
>>10946850
Perfect Grade Unleashed RX-78-2 is the one you're looking for, since none of the other anons above said the full name properly. This kit boasts pretty much every plamo advancement Bandai has ever made all packed into one kit, there isn't anything else like it.
>>
Building the HG Dilanza from TWFM and daaaamn HGs have come a long way

This shit is sturdy as fuck, looks fantastic, plus no goddamn polycaps? I'll take the whole line, please
>>
>>10947215
>Perfect Grade Unleashed RX-78-2
Based, thank you anon, ordered.

>>10946862
>>10946865
>>10946953
Thanks guys, I love this board, anons are actually cool and helpful. I'll post pics when it's built!
>>
>>10947279
DO IT. HGs are so good right now. The majority of the WFM line is crazy good, and they are doing some magical things with the new Seed HGs. I don't even like Seed, and I have to grudgingly admit the kits are incredible. The color separation, gimmicks, often partial-to-full internal frames...it's a good time to be a HG builder.

HG is simply getting the most advances in "tech" right now. RG and MG have been stagnating a bit on that front, hopefully the RG RX-78 2.0 brings some good advances.
>>
>>10947279
Get yourself a Demi-Trainer or three. You won't regret it, especially if you grab the expansion set.
>>
File: 4573102660275d.jpg (57 KB, 700x700)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>10947279
>>10947880
Snag yourself a Demi Garrison (P-Bandai) as well if you still can. Cool as fuck, it's like a mini-Jesta.
>>
>>10947867
I disagree with the notion RGs have gotten stagnant, they may not have introduced a bunch of new tech but the quality of the last few releases has been insane.
>>
>>10947907
Actually, you're right, I forgot what a good build RG Epyon was.
>>
Is there a particular kit you guys would recommend for practicing painting for a first timer?
>>
>>10947953
something cheap, readily available, and that you buy multiple times just in case you fuck up (hg rx-78-2)
>>
>>10947953
HG kits are good to practice on, they're cheap and have numerous opportunities for color correction. Go get something at Hobby Lobby during a 40% off week, and then a bottle of Super Clean at Walmart. Super Clean strips paint right off of pieces without doing damage to them, so if you mess up you can try again as much as you'd like.
>>
File: mh_wip01.jpg (984 KB, 1200x4178)
984 KB
984 KB JPG
>>10947953
The best subjects for painting practice are your own 3D prints.
>>
>>10947965
>your own 3D prints
how cheap are cheap chinese resin printers nowadays?
>>
File: 23 - Vidya.jpg (2.39 MB, 3750x3500)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
Heya folks, the Vidya Groupbuild has concluded and voting has commenced. If you'd like more detailed looks at each entry check them out here.
>>>/m/22576398
>>>/m/22576402
>>>/m/22576403
>>>/m/22576409
>>>/m/22576413
>>>/m/22576416
>>>/m/22576427
>>>/m/22576428
>>>/m/22576430
>>>/m/22576434
>>>/m/22576438
>>>/m/22576440
>>>/m/22576441
>>>/m/22576458

You can vote on your favorite entries here:
https://forms.gle/zcAv97As8AUBfur28
You will have until Tuesday to vote for a winner. In the meantime, feel free to nominate some themes for the next Groupbuild. The top themes voted from the last round that are making a return are
>Criminal Groupbuild (Build a mech designed to be used by a criminal or an evil organization)
>Giant Weapons Groupbuild (Build a robot that uses oversized weaponry (buster sword, hyper mega bazooka, enormous drill, tower shield, etc)
>Artillery Groupbuild (Build a MS with shoulder-mounted weaponry (Cannons, Missiles, Rockets, etc)
>Indirect Combat Roles Groupbuild (Build a mech that is used for a non-combat role such as EWAC, minelaying, commanding, etc)
The Stolen theme is sitting this next build out due to tampering with the votes twice in a row, and will be allowed entry into Groupbuild 25.
>>
>>10948061
About 20 HG kits or so.
>>
File: Rawr.jpg (703 KB, 2374x2312)
703 KB
703 KB JPG
>>10948067
Solid turnout this time around. I don't think I could have dedicated the time to anything more high effort with how busy shit has been recently, but I'm glad I painted the Thunderjaw. I really like this kit.
>>
>>10948067
Wow these are great, maybe this is exactly what I need to finally get off my ass and build one
>>
Best RG? Right now I'm thinking either God Gundam or Epyon, any other standouts?
>>
>>10948467
Nu and Sazabi are still top tier
>>
File: s-l960.jpg (105 KB, 640x960)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
Has anyone built a Morstorm kit? What's the quality like?
>>
>>10948467
The one you like the look of the best, because RG aesthetics can be very hit or miss
>>
>>10948467
The best RG is GaoGaiGar
>>
>>10948067
>Post-Apocalyptic
Pretty self-explanatory. Make a mech, mecha musume, or vehicle that comes from or is styled like it is from a post-apocalyptic setting whether that setting be generic or an existing IP.
>Steam/Diesel/Clock punk
Pick a __punk aesthetic and make a mech, mecha musume, or vehicle that fits.
>>
About to build my first HG, any tips?

So far I've built 5 HGs and 1 RG.
>>
>>10948757
About to build my first MG, rather.
>>
>>10948760
MG is no different than HG or RG. just some bigger parts, and some small parts the same size as RG/HG.
Only major difference is MORE PARTS.
Otherwise the exact same workflow.
>>
>>10948757
since you've already built an RG, you probably shouldn't have any problems with MG's. it's basically the same, just bigger scale. actually you already have an advatange especially if that RG is post-28 like Nu Gundam.
>>
File: cor.png (806 KB, 800x800)
806 KB
806 KB PNG
anyone brave enough to try counterfeit chink panel liner?
>>
I kind of lost interest in this whole hobby after finding out how many cool things are perpetually stuck in cannot have, limited release japan onry resin kit limbo
>>
File: downloadable gundams.jpg (134 KB, 524x1726)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>10948917
Buy a 3D printer and become the master of your own destiny.
>>
>>10948923
No western modeler is even going to have heard of half the shit you'll find at japanese garage kit conventions and japanese modelers aren't going to upload unlicensed stls
>>
File: gundam.jpg (327 KB, 1641x1743)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>10948927
>japanese modelers aren't going to upload unlicensed stls
Well, Bandai leak is a thing, so who knows. If you really can't live without japanese garage kit conventions, you should consider moving.
>>
>>10948934
Nah WF sucks now and c3afa is dead, no point
All the cool stuff is irreversibly lost to time
>>
>>10948938
Do you feel the tears of time now, Mr. Krabs?
>>
>>10948938
>irreversibly lost to time
Old resin kits from third party manufacturers still show up constantly in various japanese shops, and basically everything notable to appear at a convention has chink recasts
>>
>>10948938
>All the cool stuff is irreversibly lost to time
Tell you a secret: with 3D software and a printer you can actually create your own cool stuff.
>>
>>10948923
Only the first one looks good, the rest look terrible
>>
File: 20240412_212139.jpg (1.79 MB, 2400x1800)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
>>10948092
That looks pretty cool. Id probably go with arwing, but thst creeper is pretty good too.
>>
What's the coolest/most interesting RX-78 kit? I feel like I need at least one grandaddy gundam, but I've just never really been a fan of how cartoonish and plain it looks
>>
>>10949178
PGU
>>
>>10948915
worth a shot! worst that can happen is you die of enamel paint toxicity.
>>
File: th (1).jpg (32 KB, 474x592)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
What do I need to make a kit look slightly weathered? I got the Gun cannon Prototype version and want to make it look somewhat weathered to be a "reclaimed" mobile suit used for different purposes than the federation or Zeon. (Maybe racing, idk yet.)

Would also appreciate knowing if there are any superior hand alternatives I could use with it.
>>
>>10949425
I'm the guy who made the zaku in OP's pic. I know it is far from good but the weathering/shadowed areas and crevices are maybe what you are looking for and that can be done using the mr weathering color sets
I tried to follow the steps and use the tools as shown by this tutorial and it was pretty useful as a guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ic5gS5E3KY
>>
>>10948546
Based and Gaopilled
>>
>>10947907
>>10947938
But by doing this, they're just like what MGs were 10 years ago, just smaller. I don't like this trend because it's clear that Bandai has found they can just make mini MG kits in the RG line because of inflation. We're paying the same price for something smaller.
>>
>>10949681
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ic5gS5E3KY [Embed]
>heavy weathering
You woulda been way better off if you followed these instead, not gonna lie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Jvic_m6Es
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9k4NZDqvKA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQMbTIXzUoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uofOmopEiI0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2qY-FspVkc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAu3qFG25W0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aOF4H3BjKU

>>10949425
If you want to get into weathering (or convince yourself that it's not for you), spend some time watching these: https://www.youtube.com/user/AMMOofMIGJIMENEZ/videos
>>
>>10949178
many regard 2.0 as the best kit in terms of anime accuracy, accessory, and value, but since you don't like how plain it looks, you'd probably wanna get 3.0, PGU, or the incoming RG 2.0 for a modern-looking RX-78 kit.
>>
>>10949772
RGs have way more parts than 10 year old MGs and are cheaper than those MGs were
>>
>>10949196
PGU is hideously overdesigned to suit chinese tastes
>>
>>10950480
it is not my personal taste visually, but the PGU is objectively the most interesting because it's the summation of all of Bandai's development of gimmicks and techniques
>>
>>10950254
not from a 1 to 1 design ratio, but from an amount of plastic ratio in their production planning.

So instead of a new MG design that would weigh around 800 to 900 grams in plastic and require x amount of molds for the different runners, they release an RG instead that's 800 to 900 grams that also requires x amount of molds for the different runners.
>>
>>10949425
This guy again, I was wondering, are there any sort of industrial/worker/farmer parts or kit I can equip or cannibalize?
>>
File: 1688375184701350.png (721 KB, 1000x653)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
>>10951154
it seems there are very few plastic model kits of farming shit
for industrial crap you might wanna check kits for train autists, there are probably some crane arms in there for unloading cargo at stations
>>
>>10947880
>>10947888
Demi Trainers seem great, I picked up the Demi Barding and will definitely be getting the rest. At least one of each. Best grunt suit in awhile.
>>
File: file.png (806 KB, 800x800)
806 KB
806 KB PNG
>>10951154
There's an HG Origin Mobile Worker but good luck finding it. There's plenty of non-Bandai stuff tho. Hexa Gear has some forklifts and other stuff that could be used for that style. Also picrel
>>
>>10951154
Pic related maybe? There's a green version too.
>>
>>10951266
the synthwave looking one is very expensive, I wonder if it'll ever be offered on US P-Bandai.
>>
>There’s a Megalomaria kit of Pawn A1 from Hexa Gear in the works
When did Koto announce that? He’s on the site’s character list with “coming soon” overlaid.
>>
>>10951316

Hexa gear?

>>10951325
That's tempting, but I've found a part printer who I've commissioned for some racing parts!
>>
>>10950798
RGs have no where near the plastic as an MG and are priced accordingly, unless you want to compare RG Sazabi with a manlet like MG Crossbone Gundam
>>
>>10951520
He's sorta been there since day 1 of the Megalomaria website. I'm really hoping they're still gonna do it, I'd absolutely kill for a big Para-Pawn Sentinel.
>>
>>10951552
They price based on the amount of un-assembled plastic. So yes similar price points in yen have about the same amount of plastic if it's MG or RG. RG Epyon weighs about the same as the MG GM Sniper II and is about the same Yen price. RG Hi-Nu weighs about the same as MG Geara Doga is approx the same Yen price.
>>
>>10952803
>They price based on the amount of un-assembled plastic
the plastic raw materials are a very small cost relative to the up-front cost of machining the molds for each runner, and the opportunity cost of running the actual injection molding machines. neither of those depends on mass but they do depend on the number of runners.
>>
>>10952840
I decided to see how many runners an iconic MG (Zaku II 2.0) had compared to a recent RG (Epyon). They are nearly equivalent (12 vs. 13 runners, and in the 13's case one is just the polycap sprue). So...they should cost about the same production-wise then.
>>
File: dolores reprint.jpg (114 KB, 672x968)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
Dolores reprint!
>Dolores reprint!
>>
honestly the zone of the enders mechs are not as cool as i remember them being. they're too sleek to feel like a proper mech
>>
I finally finished the Yolopark Optimus Prime. He's a big fucker.
>>
File: 1689896920688337.gif (2.94 MB, 340x338)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB GIF
>>10953084
this is how you get tickled to death
>>
>>10953686
they look more like a cybernetic suit than some large-scale mech
>>
Is there any zowort hg line art?
I picked one up along with its platform for a steal and want to draw out some design ideas
>>
>>10953721
>>10953084
Braindead take. There are so many different shapes and sizes of Orbital Frame, some of them are not even humanoid. And this is simply one school of mecha design, with a long and storied history. You suggesting there is one true "proper" way to design mecha is laughable, there are so many different subdivisions. You can't 1:1 compare Getter Robo with Armored Core.
>>
>>10954063
the thing is, getter robo still "feels" robotic, mechanical, and giant
the proportions of some of these zoe of the enders mechs are too close to human and when scaled down it's hard to see them as anything but human figures
>>
So I'm new to gunpla and aside from a few HGs, I've made 1 RG (Wing) and 1 MG (Qan[T]). Overall I liked building the RG more because the MG ended up having issues staying together and didn't seem quite as detailed, but I do love the extra heft of the MG.

That said, I want my next model to be an RX-93 Nu, and both the Ver. Ka and the RG seem to be held in high regard, so I'm not sure which way to go since I feel like the MG I built was maybe not a great representation of MGs in general. Would you guys recommend one over the other for any particular reason?
>>
>>10954235
You can't go wrong with either. Ver Ka is much bigger and has that Unicorn-lite frame gimmick (which you can totally ignore if you don't like it), the RG's fin funnels don't fall off as easily.
Pick the one you like the styling of more.
>>
File: rg32_80.jpg (159 KB, 992x800)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>10954235
simply buy the one you think looks better.
>>
>>10954267
>simply buy the one you think looks better.
I would if I could...
>>
>>10954254
>>10954267
That's the thing, I think they both look fantastic and don't strongly prefer the look of one over the other. I was leaning slightly towards the Ver. Ka, but if the fins on it are an issue, I think I'd rather go with the RG. Pieces falling out/off really bums me out.

Thanks!
>>
>>10939919
>5000 yen is 4x 3500
ACVIbab maths
>>
>>10954275
>should I buy x or y
>I want to buy z
>>
>>10952877
So is the kit good? I liked her show at the time at least.
>>
>>10954360
Show me an armored core kit at retail
>>
File: TASTY.png (1.12 MB, 900x1200)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
Are Hemoxian kits any good? This guy looks sick
>>
>>10954980
bro? https://www.hlj.com/1-72-scale-algebra-soluh-barbaroi-reissue-kbyvi-072x
>>
>>10955029
I have the Thor. It's similar to a PG. Big chunky fucker yet very poseable.
>>
>>10955029
huge-ass stitches break the illusion p.hard, ngl
>>
File: 1530338666106.gif (2.19 MB, 500x374)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB GIF
>ordered some Madworks scribing heads from Ali Express
>it got here a few days early, and was supposed to get delivered today
>get a message that it failed to deliver to the address
>check the order, autocomplete put my city and ZIP code in the street address line instead of my actual street address
I want to fucking shoot myself.
>>
Will they ever reissue some of The Origin kits like the Mobile Worker and the like? I just want to build the funny construction suit kit without paying an arm and a leg for it.
>>
>>10956967
Hard to say. Ive been waiting on an act zaku reprint since 2021, currently waiting zaku half cannon reprints. That mobile worker is way more likely to get a reprint.
>>
>>10954980
I wouldn't bother with the Koto kits, though I thought about it myself for AC6. Koto kits will have better details but cost at least twice the price if not more as bandai kits. They also have a reputation for being somewhat fragile. Personally, I plan to collect the 30MM AC6 kits because you'll be able to mix and match parts from the kits, being able to make your own custom AC from the game pretty easily provided you're willing to paint it.
>>
>>10956842
just imagine that some 80 year old japanese grandma stiched them with a crane and some steel cable or something.
>>
>>10957421
>at least twice the price
This was already proven incorrect earlier this same thread. Just admit you're a bandaibabby.
>>
>>10957777
(i'm not the anon you were talking to)

Just interjecting to say Koto AC kits ARE quite pricey by plamo standards for what you get, it's just that Bandai's AC kits turned out unexpectedly pricey for their line (30MM). They aren't even that big, so I'm a little dubious that they will feel worth their price. We'll see I guess.
>>
>>10957421
Are you familiar with 30MM? I think it's a respectable line by Bandai, but it feels cheap as hell (probably because it is, literally--some of the most affordable kits out there, but for a reason). I don't like picking them up or posing them, everything is just on the verge of feeling loose, and they're so light and shitty feeling. There's always a chance that they really change this up for the AC series, but it gives me bad vibes that they even put it into such a budget line in the first place. This was not necessary, they've had mix-and-match capable lines before, and the ACs aren't even the same size or scale as the existing 30MM stuff. You could simply make a bespoke AC line with swappable parts and NOBODY would be saying "hey! that's 30MM's gimmick!"

tl;dr it gives me feelings of foreboding because they could easily have done swappable parts without the 30MM brand--what other hallmarks of 30MM might carry over?
>>
>>10957966
They just wanted to toss it into their existing line to try and pull AC fans into the rest of the line. They're also likely going to try and milk it for all its worth with a bunch of add-on packs that will never be in stock anywhere just like 30MM ones, but in typical Bandai fashion they will do this far too late. This line is finally announced now, but won't actually hit shelves until the game has been out about a year already. And they're only making 3 kits in that time. By the time they churn out enough kits and accessories to make the "Build-your-own" element applicable most ppl who weren't already model builders will have moved on.
>>
>>10957984
Man. I don't wanna be bummed for this line but I can feel it. This is the truth. They really missed the hype cycle, these kits won't be out until SEPTEMBER. That's forever in gaming terms, nobody but mech diehards will care about AC anymore by then. This makes me hesitant to try the line, cause I don't want to buy into another ecosystem that burns out early.
>>
One thing you guys have to understand is that 30mm isn't for people who are super dedicated to this hobby, it's completely fine as it is and offers customization for people who can't model.
Subpar soft molding? bad construction? wrong details? they're not going to give a shit.
>>10957984
>"Build-your-own" element applicable most ppl who weren't already model builders will have moved on.
I do agree with this though, this is definitely targeted towards the more casual enthusiasts and usually they move on very fast.
>>
>>10957989
>This makes me hesitant to try the line, cause I don't want to buy into another ecosystem that burns out early.

Do people actually think like this?
>>
>>10957989
Koto will have missed the hype cycle as well by the time they get ACVI kits out, but Koto caters more towards hobbyists anyways so it hardly effects them. Reprinting their older AC offerings has already been a smart way to put less effort in to cash-in on the hype of the series return while they keep working on the new kits.
>>
>>10958075
And I forgot to add that not only have they been reprinting, but doing full package version with more accessories than the original releases had.
>>
>>10957777
Huh? Most of the Koto kits go for at least double price, though some are like $60, anyone can go check this for themselves. The Bandai kits do seem pretty pricey for 30MM, though. Shills are funny though, I wonder what would happen if I posted my Koto kits, would you just explode or something?
>>10957989
Most of your post seems like it doesn't matter to someone who's already interested in the kits, I personally don't care about hype or whatever.
>>
>>10958089
I don't care either. I was just pointing out that the line is more liable to crash and burn due to them failing to capture the casual audience, who will have moved on.
>>
File: file.png (10 KB, 447x161)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>10958089
Ooo scary double the price of Bandai Ooo~
>>
File: jej.png (690 KB, 1128x729)
690 KB
690 KB PNG
>>10958111
I mean it is a fun game to cherry pick the lowest prices but everyone who actually tries to buy these will see that the vast majority of koto kits are at least double the price, with the odd kit out like I mentioned. I could show you the same thing on HLJ or the American sites.
>>
>>10958119
>USAGS
Ohhhhh you're retarded
>>
>>10958119
Which non jap company has the teleporter where they sell it on or close to japanese retail price?
>>
File: IMG_20240420_141432548.jpg (2.64 MB, 4080x3072)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB JPG
>>10948546
>finally found an RG Goldymarg at sub £50
Soon, he will be complete.
>>
>>10958301
Fucking where? I've been looking for him for a while.
>>
>>10958368
If you're a bong I got it from Kidultverse.
It's still more than 50 with delivery but still a win in my books.
>>
File: kek.png (163 KB, 785x796)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
>>10958147
please show me the price of each on literally any retailer and you find that these relative prices hold firm. It's true on the domestic and American sites. The average Koto AC kit is ~twice the price of these Bandai kits, but you of course know this already. To anyone reading who is actually trying to decide which one to buy, you will get more detail on the koto kits for sure, but unless the one kit you want is one of the cheap ones, you're probably paying about double the price per kit.
>>
>>10958100
Are you pointing out that the AC6 30MM line is more liable to crash than it otherwise would be if it had come out sooner, or that it's more liable to crash than whatever offerings Koto would make available in the future, or both? I guess I can agree that they should have come out sooner to be more popular, but I'd find it hard to agree with the argument that the Koto line would be more popular due to them catering to a more dedicated hobbyist base alone. I do think that it will still help since AC is pretty niche compared to say, Gundam. However, AC6 is dramatically more popular than prior entries and the Bandai kits costing much less will do a lot to mitigate that, I expect. I suppose we'll see.
>>
Any retailer who sells the MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0 below $70?
>>
>>10958789
It's a gold chrome kit anon, ain't never gonna be able to get one of those at anything less than that unless it's second-hand from a dude who's deliberately taking a loss on his purchase just to clear some space.
>>
>>10949178
>What's the coolest/most interesting RX-78 kit?
Volks 1/35 Gundam Ver.Ka
>>
File: GB24 themes.png (83 KB, 954x717)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
Forgot to post this link here earlier, voting will proceed from now until Tuesday for the next theme.
https://forms.gle/Q3d9dPYRSC63XoMU6
>>
File: hyaku.png (258 KB, 1529x478)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>10958789
come home to daban white man, we got Hyaku Shiki (+Kai, +ballute, +Hyper mega cannon) for a low price
>>
>>10959455
>come home to daban white man
but historically people living in primarily caucasian regions can afford non-bootleg products?
>>
>>10954973
idk, i'm just getting her because Dolores' design is SEX
>>
>>10959455
wow, is that actually vac-metal gold like the P-Bandai? I don't want the dull gold that came on the original MG 2.0.
>>
File: 94z0nns8a5jb1.jpg (1.17 MB, 4032x3024)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>10959722
it has Hyaku Shiki Kai + Ballute + MPT Hyaku Shiki runners + Hyper Mega Cannon) that is going to burn a hole even with a first worlder's wallet

>>10959831
yes
>>
>>10960181
>it has Hyaku Shiki Kai + Ballute + MPT Hyaku Shiki runners + Hyper Mega Cannon) that is going to burn a hole even with a first worlder's wallet
so what's the daban price?
>>
>>10960204
30 USD
>>
>>10960181
I assume you have built it? If so, what are the downsides compared to the real thing?
>>
File: 66.jpg (52 KB, 960x640)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>10960375
the thigh and the stomach is a little longer than the original Bandai Hyaku Shiki. so it is a little taller than the Bandai, but it is just 1-3 mm. I think..

why they do that, I dunno, probably to make it more Katoki like. other than that, I dont think there are obvious changes/accuracy problems that the Daban model kit has that you wont notice unless you go full autism mode
>>
>>10960483
>twinking the already twinkified 2.0 even twinkier
yuck
>>
>>10960483
That is unfortunate, since I already didn't like how Katoki-looking the original MG 2.0 was. But I still might bite, I kinda want a gold chrome HS but not enough to pay $125 + shipping on P-Bandai.
>>
File: dabanhyaku.jpg (427 KB, 1607x878)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>10960483
Hmm. Looked up pics and it's not a true mirrory chrome. Guess you still gotta pay the P-Bandai tax for that. The Daban is like halfway between the Kai and the original MG, it's sort of chromey, but with a slightly soft satiny look to it.
>>
>Premium Bandai been down since Thursday
Why can't Nips figure out how to use a computer?
>>
>>10960649
You should see how long bamco is taking to do their epic rewards service.
>>
Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question but I was into the hobby about 5 years ago but lost my job and had to move to a place where I had no place to build. About a year ago I finally managed to move back to a place where I have enough space to build and paint and whatnot.

I finally managed to get some of my older MGs that were kept in storage for those 6 years and I would like to get back into customizing them. Nothing too complicated, just simple scribing, some self-made resin parts and custom paint job.

I remember there used to be a JP gunpla database website of sorts that had builds from people on the internet where you would search for a certain kit/suit and you would get a ton of custom builds people made. Is that page still up?

Are there any other new (or better) websites I can use to look up custom builds and paint jobs?
>>
File: tinami.jpg (55 KB, 647x421)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>10961514
http://www.tinami.com/ has all kinds of models, but the search is in Japanese.

http://www.tinami.com/search/list?output=&keyword=&search=and&prof_id=&sort=new&type%5B%5D=3&period=&cont_style%5B%5D=1&cont_style%5B%5D=2&character_type%5B%5D=1&character_type%5B%5D=2&character_type%5B%5D=11&character_type%5B%5D=12
>>
File: generic es-p.jpg (722 KB, 1600x1925)
722 KB
722 KB JPG
>same thing
>works the same
>different color
>doesn't say "DSPIAE" on the body
>$10+ cheaper
Some of Dspiae tools really are rebranded versions of cheaper generic things.
On the bright side, you can have a decent rotary tool for the price of a chisel handle.
>>
>>10961552
Link?
>>
>>10961561
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002588143026.html
$11.97 if you buy 3 or more.
>>
>>10961552
Is DSPIAE's one particularly good though? Or just cheap? Cause I have some random no-name under $10 rotary tool from Aliexpress already, and am wondering if this offers any reason to upgrade a bit.
>>
File: cs50_wip03.jpg (370 KB, 1488x1591)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>10961581
>Is DSPIAE's one particularly good though
It's not a 100,000rpm 10 h.p. Dremel, but it works well as a sander, grinder etc. I've used many rotary tools (wired and wireless) and for plamo work I like it the best so far.
The only problem with it is that the bits are a pain in the ass to change. I solve this problem by never changing them.
>>
>>10961588
Fair enough, bought. I trust your opinion since you seem to be one of the stronger modelers here when it comes to more than just snapping.
>>
>>10961599
>bought
In case you need even more reasons to get a rotary tool: Dspiae released a set of polishing heads that work with their polishing compounds and fit their rotary sander.
>>
File: IMG_4444.jpg (74 KB, 473x800)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
This worth getting? It’s MG size but HG construction.
>>
>>10962028
Eh, to me the point of MG is the articulation not the size.
>>
Hard to find a goo review so I'll ask here. Has anyone bought and built the Aoshima 1/48 M9 Gernsback? I have the 1/60 scale ones, even painted 2 of them. I want something that can scale with model military kits.
>>
New thread: >>10963605
>>
File: 8131408032_68b29ae6a8.jpg (66 KB, 380x380)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>10963469
>Hard to find a goo review

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.