[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 81Z4Rba5XnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (263 KB, 1176x1500)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
Why hasn't Anime Heroes made a Nami figure?
>>
>>10942232
because females dont sell you goddamn retard
>>
>>10942236
They don't?? I'm not familiar with sales
>>
>>10942232
Her timeskip design is too sexy for what’s essentially a line sold in the kids aisle.
>>
>>10942274
damn, the west sure is buck broken and gay
>>
I want a Doflamingo.
>>10942232
Have they made any girls besides Nobara in the Jujutsu Kaisen line?
>>
File: anime heroes.png (469 KB, 726x456)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
>>10942278
Seems to be just her and Sakura
>>
>>10942284
Completely forgot they made Sakura.

Wish they made more Digimon.
>>
>>10942236
if that’s the case, how does Figma exist
>>
>>10942287
Because Figma is aimed at hikikomori otakus wanting to build a harem, and Anime Heroes is aimed at the junior weebs of today that Naruto run through the toy department.
>>
File: 1302067569503.jpg (21 KB, 200x226)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>10942232
My whole life I've always wanted One Piece toys, but only later do i realize how boring the toys are. Luffy's stretch powers are hardly a feature, Franky's great but very top-heavy, how do you even play or pose Tony, and everyone else is just some guy who (like everyone else) only looks great on screen or paper.
>>
>>10942232
They don't think boys want girl figures
>>
>>10942325
A majority of the protagonist characters' designs suck dick in comparison to the villains is what it comes down to. People are fond of characters like Crocodile, Mihawk, Eneru, the Admirals and such because they're not always with the audience in the story unlike the main characters who are the status quo. It becomes a lot more exciting when they do actually show up again. The one exception I would put is Whitebeard even if he hardly did much but what he did do is what people remember most about him.

It's the same with Naruto and Bleach to varying degrees as well, though I think Bleach suffers a lot more for it because everyone in Soul Society dresses the same while each villain is unique.
>>
>>10942284
Don't forget there was an Android 18 in the Dragon Stars line.
>>
>>10942232
Let's be honest, it's probably because of Nami and Robin's cleavage.

Those toys are based on the Post-Timeskip era, so if they made them, they'd have to look like this.

This line is sold at mass market retailers like Wallmart and Target. They're probably worried that some Karen is going to see it in the video game section and have a meltdown about anime trying to groom her precious little boy.

Also, unrelated to that, translating Robin's powers in to action figure form could be tricky.
>>
>>10942232
Too sexy for puritan America.
The real question is, when are we getting a Carrot figure?
>>
File: 81zxiM2q63L.jpg (285 KB, 2048x2560)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>10942529
Yeah I feel like it'd be harder on a cheap figure intended for younger buyers. On more expensive stuff like the VAH they can do stuff like this

I think in terms of higher end figures like shf that aren't intended to be hamhanded there's a decent few options for showcasing her power. Could even just have a few articulated arms that you can stand on their own, have them coming out of the ground on small flat bases or wrap them around other figures like she's grabbing them
>>
>>10942236
Okay, Todd.

>>10942274
This basically. Including Dragon Stars, the few female characters they've made have been modestly dressed except the Kale baf, and that's just Broly with tits. Nami and Robin might have had a chance if they were doing pre-timeskip.
>>
>>10942531
Huh, they look better than shfs.... why are one piss fags even bothering with anything else
>>
>>10943098
>Last new character released was Crocodile in 2018(there have been some re-releases and variants of Luffy, Zoro, and Law since)
>Non re-released figures are expensive as hell on the aftermarket
>Incomplete crew
>1/10 rather than 1/12 and figures are fairly out of scale with each other let alone other lines
Some of the larger characters seem to work well with SHF, though.
>>
>>10942529
>Robin's powers
On a cheaper figure you'd use a more basic solution. You can just have some holes on the back of the figure that you can plug some extra arms into.
>>
>>10942284
let me know why make zabuza and haku or the many sound ninja
>>
should SHF finish off the "raid on onigashima" costumes?
>>
>>10945524
I'd say no. Only SH that were made in those outfits were the monster trio, which can be made in most outfits and they'd sell the best of the rest of the SH. The rest of them may not sell as well, which would discourage Bandai from making more, so better they just stick to an 'iconic' look for them. For example with East Blue Nami, and what will likely be purple cowboy hat Robin, doing their first looks is a good choice. I may like certain outfits from any given arc better than say the Fishman Island (first timeskip outfits) looks, but it makes the most logical sense to do those if we're talking timeskip outfits.
>>
>>10945524
No, mostly what the anon above said. There's some picky eaters out there and a lot would skip these outfits for the remaining crew members. It wouldn't be good for the health of the line. Even with the main trio there was a lot that "I'd rather have the regular colors" talk during the reveal period.
>>
File: 92sb5f8ysptc1[2].jpg (168 KB, 1200x675)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
Found it pretty funny how they put the girls behind other characters for a kids meal image.
>>
File: ffw4rf8ysptc1[3].jpg (386 KB, 2048x1152)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>>10947720
On chibi Nami too
>>
>>10942489
I feel like Naruto is much more toyetic. They're all characters in costume, but don't have much that suggest bad toy design or a reliance on effect parts. Maybe a lot of them have hindered range, but still
>>
>>10942232
they'll probably make her last, they've made android 18 and whatever that girl is from jujutsu kaisen and Naruto, they do sell like shit every time though
>>
>>10948268
Can confirm I've seen those exact figures sitting on shelves for the longest time. I do wonder if Nami would fair better just based on people buying her for her appearance. Subjectively idk why anyone would buy the jjk girl as she's just a normal looking person in a black outfit but someone might wanna grab a bikini top girl with a lightning stick.
>>
File: Recommembers.jpg (321 KB, 800x1066)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
Would you buy any of these if they re-released them?
>>
>>10950268
maybe perona's bear
>>
>>10948017
It's possible. The Mattel toyline for Naruto was decently fleshed out while the One Piece line more or less floundered. Might also have to do with how both series present themselves. Not to say one is better than the other but Naruto does get the ball rolling in terms of action and world building a lot quicker than OP, especially in the early arcs.

A lot of the early villains in OP were pretty unremarkable. Arlong was the only good villain before they get into the Grand Line which soon gets usurped by Crocodile. Meanwhile Naruto starts out strong with Zabuza and Haku before moving onto stuff like Gaara, Orochimaru (who becomes recurring), Itachi... It starts becoming easier to see.
>>
The Anime Heroes toyline doesnt make much sense in anything they release. I bet they dont even know what to do with the ips
>Release Tsubasa and Wakabayashi figures only in some countries
>Kill the Captain Tubasa line
>>
File: Mattel_Action_Attack.png (974 KB, 1050x699)
974 KB
974 KB PNG
>>10950593
While I agree with everything you're saying, to be fair, Naruto also got a much better localization than One Piece initially with 4Kids butchering the hell out of it. It was nowhere near Naruto and Bleach's popularity in the west until Funimation got the license years later so I'm sure that didn't help the Mattel line's sales either. The figures were also pretty shit if we're being honest.
>>
File: 1894.jpg (46 KB, 800x241)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>10951534
No doubt the toys were shit. They were all a gimmicky mess where the Naruto line had a play balance of figures with decent articulation vs gimmick figures. What I somewhat doubt is the adaption side of things purely because it managed to actually run for 3 years while still telling more or less the same story beats (Laboon aside). Still a shit dub either way but managed to last as long as it did.

Bleach is a funny outlier all things considered. It could have been prime material for CN at the time and the thought of having the big three all airing on a single network is a fun what if, though probably for the best it didn't. Sucks that the toy license went to Toynami of all companies since they only produced a few staction figures.
>>
>>10943098
Have you seen the aftermarket prices for most of the VAHs? I'll patiently await for a S.H Figuarts version of Boa and Robin than paying $600 to get both of their VAHs.
>>
>>10951604
You're 100% right and I'm waiting on a crocodile shf or vah reissue to avoid payong like 200 bucks. That being said I just got super lucky and got the vah boa on ebay for like 40, I have no fucking clue how. There's no bootleg version as far as I'm aware so I don't think I need to worry about that
>>
>>10943098
>>10951604
>>10951616
One thing to watch out for is depending on the VAH figure there can be some questionable quality control. For OP I remember years ago there being talks about Robin and Hancock specifically being fragile, especially with their joints. The first release of Zoro has scary tight joints that future reissues fixed as well.
>>
File: 20240312_184445.jpg (665 KB, 2880x2880)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
>>10951674
Alright, I'll be careful, thanks for the warning. She arrived yesterday but haven't opened yet cause I'm too busy for now. Originally wasn't planning on getting her because she wouldn't fit into an SHF display but at that price I thought fuck it. Talked about it in the shounen general a while ago, might be able to squeeze her in next to a Luffy but the height comparison just isn't gonna fly when it comes to my brook/franky/yamato, they're not meant to be the same height as her. The head size might be what really screws it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.