[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: demon slayer fig.jpg (260 KB, 819x1024)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
I don't think McFarlane Toys is good at sculpt anymore, guys. I submit for you this example as evidence.
>>
File: sanemi-shinazugawa-1.jpg (57 KB, 350x490)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>10953902
>>
>>10953902
>>10953906
Looks spot on.
>>
>>10953923
Forehead is too huge
>>
Todd's the man when it comes to making retarded schizos.
>>
>>10953902
>weeb trash
i dont understand why western maker touching this cringe
Arent weebs mostly buy titty waifu-figures and statueshit only?
>>
>>10953966
This is as close to statue shit as it gets. These are what? 3-5 POA?
>>
>>10953945
perspective
>>
>>10953902
I like his fat baby arms.
>>
File: 2087021-644d8 (1).jpg (72 KB, 600x800)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>10953902
yeah. just wait for the buzzmod.
>>
>>10953902
I wonder why the 5" Demon Slayer line is so shit compared to the Avatar one or even the Hero Academia one.
>>
>>10954074
Who gives a shit about Demon Slayer?
>>
>>10954341
I do!
>>
>>10954348
Than get a Max Factory or something.
>>
>>10954074
You might be thinking of the 6" demon slayer figures. McFarlane did a 5" and a 6". The 5" are just like, 5 PoA things, and the 6" are probably better than the nearly all of McFarlane's other anime lines.
>>
File: file.jpg (21 KB, 300x400)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>10953902
>Anymore
Anon...
>>
File: q8gt7ljrd8261.jpg (742 KB, 2646x1633)
742 KB
742 KB JPG
>>10954341
Reminder, Demon Slayer at its peak stomped on anything and everything.
>>
>>10954352
I'm not the OP. I'm >>10954050.
>>
>>10954074
Avatar and Academia were like a kids line with plays set and vehicles. They did really poorly. I think they already committed to a Demon Slayer line when they were pulling the plug on their 5 inch stuff. Plus their designs are hard to articulate on the cheap.
>>
>>10953902
I mean, even a master of a trade can shit out some garbage when they don't want to put in the effort. It's not like a video game where you unlock passive buffs and just need to press "A" Ina particular menu.
>>
The point of McFarlane doing these anime stuff is for the MONEY.i wish a different Western toy company did respect for anime then McFarlane and they don't give a absolute shit.I don't get it with his anime figures being aged 12+ because MHA and Demon Slayer ain't for fucking kids.im gonna be honest I do kind of like their MHA figures but I wish he never got to do this line in the first place because this is why Japan is the goat of making anime figures and American ain't.
>>
File: chucky.jpg (88 KB, 850x445)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
His baby hands look like fucking Chucky.
>>
>>10953902
Their DC toys are already evidence of this. Horrible sculpts that look like melted clay.
>>
>>10954383
I don't understand why. The anime is really meh at best. Even the pretty scenes barely make it worth watching. The plot is so boring. The whole train arc just didn't do anything for me and I don't even remember most of season 1 at this point. Does it get good or something?
>>
>>10955124
>>10955238
Look at the confused Americans crying that Asians make better cartoons than the woke calarts lgbt crap
>>
>>10955245
You keep some odd hours, chungusfurry.
>>
>>10955238
It has flashy animation and distinct charismatic characters. Think about how popular shitty weekly shounen like Naruto and Bleach are. Now trim all the filler fat off for a tighter (albeit still shitty) narrative and up the production quality. Bam, you've got a massive hit with the lowest common denominator.

What I don't understand is Jujutsu Kaisen's popularity. It's what I imagine an AI would spit out if you fed it every major shounen from the past 30 years. It tries to imitate everything else in the most shallow ways possible and every one of its positive attributes has been done better by another series. Sure it's got the production quality, but the character designs are boring as shit. A bunch of generic anime pretty boys and anime girls with generic hair and generic black uniforms, with the occasional scar and tattoo thrown on to try and make distinct. Gojo looks like a teenager's first gaiaonline avatar.
>>
>>10955366
JJK had exactly that. Cool animations and I guess relatable setting. People expected spoopy japanese shounen ghost busters but the manga turns to shit so hard I doubt they will able to salvage it. Boy if they make another season the fans will fucking kill themselves. There's literally one cool thing after the shibuya ark and the rest absolute slop
>>
I actually loved shit like the Clown, Monolith and Swamp thing, or even Stain from MHA for anime shit.
But yeah the newer Mcfarlane stuff looks like garbage. And what's with really weird obvious mistakes like not giving Black Lantern Superman a ring?
>>
>>10955238
I agree. Demon Slayer is remarkably unremarkable. It's like it's being really careful to not accidentally make itself too distinct.
>>
>>10955238
It is a perfectly decent shonen manga that had pretty good art, characters and action that decided to end before turning into a miserable zombie of a series like Naruto or BNHA.
There are definitely better options out there but it is fine for what it is especially when you consider that the main audience is in the 10-16 age bracket.
>>
>>10955402
When you shit out 200+ figures in a line a year you don't really have time to check for sculptors' errors.
>>
>>10955402
>>10956408
When I am wondering around a store that sells collectibles at discounts, like TJ Maxx or Ross, I don't even need to look at the boxes of the figures and lines I don't recognize immediately because it's not my wheelhouse to know when some of that crap is Todd garbage.

I'm mostly looking at these for fodder parts when they are dirt cheap (under $5) but once I looked up how minimally the body might articulate, it's easy to put the box down even if it a store decided to mark it down under $1!

And even the new things, like the last time I was at a large department store that had a full line of collectibles, I picked up one of the Dune boxes, only to be disappointed at how bad the likeness was (it was a potential present for a friend and I knew likeness would be a big deal for them), and saw how poorly made they looked FOR THE PRICE, it didn't shock me it was an MTS figure.

I feel bad for Godzilla and Monsterverse fans if this idiot has an actual contract with Legendary and this wasn't just a one-off because the idiots at Warner Consumer Products are lazy.
>>
No McFarlane has just come to understand that a budget kids figure doesn't need the same sculpt quality as a collector figure. The 5 inch Demon Slayer line is marketed to little Timmy not adults. The 7 inch figures are for adults and those are probably some of the best anime figures McFarlane has ever made.
>>
>>10963948
Gotta wonder if kids actually buy these though

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.