[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: joeop.jpg (1017 KB, 1500x1500)
1017 KB
1017 KB JPG
Previous Thread >>10928231

LATEST INTEL:

•CLASSIFIED SERIES

-Now Shipping:
>Retro Duke
>Retro Scarlett
>Retro Recondo
>Recon Diver (60th Anv)
>Action Soldier (60th Anv)
>Airborne
>Big Boa
>Quick Kick
>Techno Viper
>Metalhead
>VAMP & Clutch (Pulse)
>Mutt & Junkyard
>Fire Team 788 (Pulse)

>New/Render Reveals -

>Pipeline Reveals - Road Pig, Blowtorch, Dial-Tone, Saw Viper, Frag Viper, Starduster, Nemesis Immortal, Zandar, Leatherneck, Iron Grenadier, Raptor, Alpine

-Preorders:
>Wreckage and Tiger Paw ATV (Target/Pulse)
>Cobra Ferret
>Retro Beach Head
>Retro Cobra Eel
>Retro Snow Serpent
>Night Force Shockwave and Night Pursuit Cycle (Pulse/Walmart)
>Jinx
>Torch
>Doc
>Gnawgahyde w/ Porkbelly & Yobbo
>Night Creeper
>Tiger Force Roadblock & Tripwire 2pk
>SMS w/ TechnoViper

•OTHER
>Super7 O-ring line wave 1 up for pre-order
>Mezco Firefly and Duke available for pre-order
>Hiya Toys: Beach Head, Flint (Standard and Tiger Force), Firefly, Lady Jaye, Major Bludd, Destro, Baroness, Gung Ho , Cobra Trooper, Zartan, Spirit Iron-Knife, Tomax & Xamot 4” figures revealed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Free Episodes of G.I. Joe ARAH:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNXV9Mb7egjH0ccOkdYG-SWdLNFuYpBmF

>Free Episodes of Renegades and Sigma 6:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsnFUEcs3dTmsoPRBY4b7tA/featured

>G.I. Joe Spy Troops (PAL version, ripped and edited by a very kind Aussie Anon/Spy Troops anon):
https://mega.nz/folder/UbgRhCQA#9MNOu25I6Rqv0BlaSUj8XA
>>
What's the biggest thing you'll think they'll attempt with a Haslab?
>>
>>10954541
Your mom
>>
>>10954542
Which GI Joe is my mom, I never got to meet her
>>
>>10954541
I could see them doing the skystriker or conquest or a tank like the CAT reasonably, although the jabbas sail barge was like 4 ft so they could go even bigger but the only thing I could think bigger than the vehicles would be the USS Flagg but the would be 10 ft long at 1/12 scale, probably in the $2000 range. They could also just remake the 1/18 flagg but thats still like 7ft long and would have to be close to $1000.
>>
>>10954541
If not the USS Flagg, then the Rolling Thunder
>>
>>10954548
Timber
>>
>>10954565
>USS Flagg
That would basically be a piece of furniture and would require freight shipping probably. I don't see that happening.
>>
>>10954577
USS Defiant then.
Though I’m not sure if people today care about G.I.Joe having space adventures.
>>
>>10954541
realistically, maybe the whale
>>
>>10954583
I want that and I got into GI Joe last year
>>
>>10954592
With Cutter, right?

That thing was a sight of beauty when I was a kid in the 80s
>>
File: Fo5K9VBWYAEK6wf.jpg (496 KB, 1029x1559)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
>>10954541
I'd guess the Skystriker or Rattler would push the reasonable limits. Here's what I'd guess:

Skystriker Basic: Skystriker with Ace
Stretch 1: Lt. Wayne Ruthel
Stretch 2: Lady Jaye in flightsuit
Stretch 3: Hawk in flightsuit

Rattler basic: with Wild Weasel
Stretch 1: Cobra pilot
Stretch 2: Baroness in flightsuit
Stretch 3: Destro in MARS flightsuit

>>10954583
The Defiant could easily double as a Marvel Legends Avenger's Quinjet so there might be enough carry over to fund it.
>>
>>10954611
How would you change those stretch goals with the assumption people will buy more than one
>>
>>10954592
Meant for >>10954548
>>
Question for everyone.

Is there a reason the same 5 Joes are always used in cross promotion across multi media for the brand?

Snake Eyes, Duke, Scarlett, Roadblock and Gung Ho.

This is not even recent either. As those first four were the playable characters in the 1990 G.I.Joe arcade game.
And now those 5 will be the playable characters in Wrath of Cobra.
>>
>>10954654
Bro you're like asking why they keep using Optimus Prime or Batman
>>
>>10954654
Colorful and diverse set of characters. You got a ninja, leader, girl, black guy, and gay guy. At this point they're the only recognizable Joes to people outside the fandom.
>>
>>10954706
Um, I consider Gung-Ho the Marine.
Why do you call him gay?
>>
>>10954731
gung ho looks like a village people caricature
>>
>>10954740
Does anyone under 30 know what that means
I mean under 30 isn't really Joes demographic but still
>>
>>10954781
the village people are pretty synonymous with gay subculture even now, young people may not know who they are but they could look at them and just know they're part of the scene, no question
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 320x180)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>10954731
It was a joke, but Gung Ho's design is quite literally the most gay out of any character in the franchise rivaled only by Zartan.
>>
>>10954740
>>Spirit, Shipwreck, Tollbooth, Wild Bill
Why is only Gung-Ho singled out as a gay Village People stereotype?
>>
>>10954654
Snake Eyes is crazy popular, Duke is the nonSnake Eyes MC, Scarlett is the girl, Roadblock is black and Gung Ho reminds people of the Village People.
>>
>>10954830
>a strong man, confident in his physique, is gay
>>
>>10954927
I blame fensler and kids who took those videos as canon.
>>
>>10954611
>planes
The o-ring skystriker haslab didn't even meet all of it's stretch goal unlocks. There's no way a classified skystriker or rattler would fare better. Jets are just not feasible on a 1/12 scale for most people due to size. The o-ring skystriker haslab has a 21" wingspan, a 1/12 version would almost be 3 ft wide. The only reason the dragonfly works is because of it's rectangular narrow imprint. Even then I bet there's far fewer multiple dragonfly buyers who want to keep them compared to the HISS and ebay will be flooded with them once they go out.
>>
>>10954975
the o-ring one failed to meet all its goals less because of its size and more because it really had no reason to exist and vintage collectors don't necesarily want new vehicles. I don't think a classified one would perform the same way, though you are definitely right tons would end up on ebay once people got them in hand and realized they don't actually have room for it.
>>
>>10954994
They'll sell it with string and a screw to hang it from the ceiling and promote it with "we designed it to hang 24/7 so it won't warp or anything"
>>
>>10954927
Shore Leave is a bit more Shipwreck than Gung Ho, so it isn't a 100% thing.
>>
File: DpQ9YJl.jpg (124 KB, 700x700)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>10954975
>by MY calculations
>>
Nice fucking knees hasɓlow Scarlett left knee is loose as shit.
>>
File: f14 bbi.jpg (77 KB, 800x600)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>10954975
brah, 1:18 aren't even feasible to most people due to their size, hence the GI Joe Skystriker being half sized compared to a full scale 1:18 Tomcat like pic

A 1:12 jet would be inane.
>>
>>Get a Classified with a knife I will literally never put in the figures hands
Fuck yeah, I get to put the knife in the knife holster
>Figure doesn't come with a knife I will never use
Oh... that's fine I guess...

I realize this is autistic
>>
>>10955207
add retro scarlett's pistol to that
>>
>>10954654
It's a complicated situation (and half that roster you mention is actually not correct as to who they actually fucking push in media tie-ins) but blame My Little Pony G3.

In the 80s Hasbro had sprawling casts on their cartoons to shill the latest toy even if certain characters only appeared once or twice on the show. But Beast Wars (and budget related issues related to it being CGI) introduced the idea of doing shows around a core cast and not being so promiscuous with shoving in new characters just to shill toys.

This culminated in a marketing decision made when G3 of My Little Pony launched in the early 00s, where it was decided to only have seven characters and only seven Ponies in both media tie-in/movies and merchandise. These were known as Core 7 or Mane 7.

Sales for G3 were good, so good that it revived the franchise and Hasbro carried it over to GI Joe and Transformers. For Transformers, you had a core case loosely based upon the Bayformer movies with Optimus, Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead (who was the breakout character of Animated) as the Core 4 plus a random Bot tossed in to round out the team (IE Prowl or Arcee).

GI Joe has a big difference though partly because of the cartoon and Hama comic having fundamentally different views of who was a "core character". For the cartoon, you had Lady Jaye, Flint, Alpine, Shipwreck, Roadblock, Duke, Footloose, and Quick Kick for season one while season two had new characters Wet Suit, Mainframe, Beachhead, Dial Tone, Leatherneck, Lifeline, Lowlight, and Iceberg; with Leatherneck, Dial Tone, Beachhead, and Mainframe getting most of the screentime and Lifeline, Iceberg, and Lowlight getting spotlight episodes, and Wetsuit getting a team-up episode with Leatherneck. And the DIC episodes notable for pushing Captain Gridiron as a lead character.
>>
>>10955272
You forgot Sgt Slaughter.
>>
Which of the OG 13 do we still not have Classified figures of?

Zap?
Steeler?
Grand Slam?
Short-Fuze?
Clutch?
Flash?
>>
>>10955405
We just got Clutch with the Vamp
>>
What is everyone's favorite grouping of Joes and/or Cobra? If you got photos please share.
>>
>>10955797
The females
>>
>>10955927
Oh yeah, that one anon with his valkyries.
>>
File: ladies.jpg (304 KB, 2000x1270)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>10955797
>>10955927
Yeah I like the women, wish Cover Girl wasn't such a dud. And Lady Jaye could use a new head as well.
>>
Come up with quips for the next movie reboot.
>>
>>10956109
Something something GI Jane
>>
>>10956109
>Who are you?
>Just a regular JOE.
>>
>>10956109
Joemama said its Joever, Coldbra!
>>
>>10955272
Meanwhile the comic had Hawk, Scarlet, Stalker, Snake Eyes, Clutch, Ripcord, and Lady Jaye and Flint as the main leads, though Hama himself only cared about Stalker, SS, SE, Scarlet, and Hawk with Lady Jaye/Flint being there purely because Hasbro demanding them be there for cartoon synergy.

So when Hasbro started imposing "Core Seven" shit on GI Joe, starting with Sigma Six, they leaned heavily onto Hama's pets due to the cartoon having fallen out of favor at this time. However there were also trademark issues: Hasbro famously had to embargo using Roadblock because they lost the trademark to him, resulting in an obscure Battle Corps character Heavy Duty taking his place in all canon/lore.

Sigma Six created the new "Core" of Scarlet, Duke, Snake Eyes, Heavy Duty as the "core GI Joe characters". This carried over to the live action movie Rise of Cobra and Renegades, though that show had Lady Jaye and Flint in antagonist roles within GI Joe, as well as featuring Tunnel Rat, Black Ripcord, and several other GI Joes appearing as one-off characters. It wasn't until Retaliation that we got Lady Jaye and Roadblock back at the forefront.

But in general, there is a weird push for Hama's pets over characters who were heavily featured in the 80s cartoon (where Gung Ho was only heavily featured in a couple of early season one episodes before being phased out).
>>
>>10956109
Dont tread on me snake breath.
>>
>>10956115
>>10956124
>>10956237
>Trailer stinger
>Duke: "And knowing is half the battle!"
>Gung-Ho: "What's the other half?"
>Duke: ".......I dunno violence I guess?
>Action snippet
>Gung-Ho: "Hm. Makes sense"
>>
>>10956109
Is that a RAM cycle in your pocket...
>>
>>10955797
OG 13 forever. I'll take a photo of my guys so far in a few days, when Retro Scarlett arrives.

I know a lot of people consider them as bland, but to be honest they're such a solid formation and team. Even Shooter makes a great member of that group.

I really liked the grouping in Renegades too, that was a cool show.
>>
>>10956109
>Trailer is a young Duke going up to people
>Heh, why do they call you cover girl
>Knocks him down, provides cover fire
>...Yeah... yeah okay
>Heh, why do they call you roadblock
>Supercut of chase scene condensed to 7 seconds for the trailer showing him shooting out the tires on a car, causing it to flip and get in the way of the cars behind it
>...woah... yeah okay...
>Heh, why do they call you Scarlet
>I have my period... A LOT
>Oh I thought it had to do with-
>With killing people?
>Yeah with killing people
>I wish
>Then she kills someone who was sneaking up on them
In theaters August 8th
>>
>>10956109
>"We, are the G.I. Joes"
>*Scarlett interrupts*
>"Ahem, What about Janes?"
>Action bit of the girls on a shooting
>>
>>10954975
The Skystriker failed to max it's goals not because it was too big an item, but because it was an O-ring specific item. If it had ME figure compatibility, it would've been far more popular. But being O-ring specific drove a lot of fans away as a large part of the community moved away from those figures decades ago. It was a pigeonholded into being a specifically "retro toy" release where a lot of fans were hoping for something that would fit with the more recent evolution of the franchise.

A classified Skystriker would be a no brainer, though it would also be at least 3-400 bucks and absolutely massive. I'd expect a Cobra Rattler way before the Skystriker though as it's literally one of the most iconic vehicles of the whole franchise and it is Cobra's turn to get a ride.

>>10955405
So we're missing two laser guys, two artillery guys and a tank commander.

At least two of those would be packed with vehicles, a HAL with Grand Slam is almost guaranteed while the Mobat with Steeler would be a very likely future Haslab. Zap and Shortfuze are pretty much the same figure and could easily be a Two Pack or something and once we get Grand Slam, Flash would follow shortly (or vice versa).
>>
>>10956435
>My momma was a Jo, Scar.
>>
>>10956589
I agree with you on the o ring skystriker, i was on board with the 'retro' line and it really made me grumpy when hasbro killed it for o rings then you find out hasbro sold that off to super 7. Like wtf.
>>
>>10956589
There's nothing set in stone about having it rotate from cobra to joe on the haslabs and by using your same logic then they should rotate land versus air vehicles each year. If they do decide to do a Rattler haslab then it'll have a much bigger drop off than the Dragonfly from the HISS and will more than likely fund but won't reach all of it's stretch goals. There's going to be a drop off anyways because resalers are going to be backing off due to the HISS' poor performance on the secondary. The HISS sells for around $500 shipped on ebay right now, at it's lowest it was around $400-$450. As a seller your probably only making $70-$80 profit after 13% ebay fees, shipping, and buying the HISS plus sales tax which is horrible for something that takes a year to make. You can make more money selling VAMPs on the secondary than the HISS. So combine resalers backing out of haslabs plus buyers who won't buy a Rattler because it's too big and your going to see a BIG dropoff on backers.
>>
>>10956589
Can't wait for Zap just because of his mortar. I really hope they don't fuck up like they did with the Snow Serpents.
>>
>>10956109
>Optimus Prime transforms
>"Huh, wish my car did that"
>>
I found a cheap retro baroness and decide its ok since i could put the biker helmet head on it and she could pose with the bike.
>Its been boxed up for storage. Dang.well ive got all of the baronii now lol.
>>
>>10956729
>Optimus Prime transforms
>Clutch: Okay, Vamp. Do your thing.
>...
>Clutch: Okay, guess they didn't spring for that feature.
>>
Got an email last night saying that the SMS and red Techno-Viper will be shipping soon.
>>
>>10956810
See you in 8 months.
>>
>>10957331
No, i will not buy another one. I feel dumb enough getting suckered into to buying the crimson 3 pack. Itd be really nice if hasbro would put out some new versions of the cobra leadership though, one cc after how many years now? Only 2 destro, which like baroness, are repaints. I just want my battle armor commander and maybe a new serpentor with or without air chairot. A troop pack of cobra vs joes would be my idea of a haslab. Like the ba commander, mindbender, serpentor maybe a few vipers vs duke, hawk and snake eyes v3 with a few steel brigade. Give it a playset feel with scenery and idk, a big set piece like the maas device or something to fight over. I do like anons idea of deep six with sharc though, thatd be really cool.
>>
File: airborne.jpg (686 KB, 1907x2906)
686 KB
686 KB JPG
Solid, face is a little shiny though. And isn't he supposed to have an M-16?
>>
File: skyhawk.jpg (128 KB, 1476x1107)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
https://www.instagram.com/fans_hobby/p/C58Pg93SnqZ/
Company that makes 3rd party transformers seems to be teasing a skyhawk of some kind.
>>
>>10957548
>isn't he supposed to have an M-16?
M4 with a bayonet iirc
>>
>>10957698
cool but this feels like something hasbro will 100% make... they should spend their time making bigger, more unlikely vehicles.
>>
File: airbornerifle.jpg (614 KB, 2131x2804)
614 KB
614 KB JPG
>>10957702
Isn't that what came with the classified Crimson Guard? Wonder why they keep swapping weapons around.
>>
>>10957715
I'm guessing they wan to test the market first with something smaller to see if it sells. Since they're sticking unnecessary lights on it, I bet its going to be way over priced anyway.
>>
>>10957715
Right, I'd rather 3p start on The General or Destro's Dominator
>>
>>10956656
Oh I hate the fact that Hasbro killed off their ME build line. We have so many great 1:18 future/modern army figure lines out right now, it honestly feels wrong that G.I. Joe as a toyline isn't part of that crowd. There's still tons of classic characters that could get the ME treatment and there's still plenty of ways for Hasbo to improve on older characters as well (there never was a really good classic Duke in the line).

The Skystriker being O-Ring only was just kind of the last kick in the balls of a line they actively killed off.

>>10956718
I never said it was a hard and fast rule the Haslab switched sides each time, and no one ever said it had to swap between land and air vehicles. But when the Dragonfly came out, they added flavor text to the project by pegging it as a counter to the HISS Tank. Going with that logic, a Rattler would be a good counter to the Dragonfly giving Cobra the edge in aerial combat. It would also be a similar size to the Dragonfly, outside of the wingspan, as the Rattler was a really shrunk down A-10. Having the wings be removable would easily address that issue for most people as far as storage and shipping would be concerned.

>>10956725
Zap has the Bazooka and the stylish mustache. Short Fuze is the mortar man with the mirrored shades. They're both two of the more generic figures from the OG13, so a Heavy Artillery two pack of em would make sense.

>>10957698
>>10957715
Yea, no way Hasbro don't drop a Skyhawk at some point. It's small, simple but iconic Joe vehicle. These guys probably know this and wanna get a jump on things because people won't be as interested in 3rd party releases once an official one comes out.
>>
File: airborneberet.jpg (542 KB, 1750x3085)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
Airborne has a surprisingly normal sized head similar to the early releases. I don't know if it makes sense to put this particular beret on him, but it looks cool imo
>>
>>10957715
Like this one?
>>
>>10957835
that's amazing+
>>
>>10957835
There was a dinosaur line? I don't remember this one.
>>
>>10957420
Aren’t we due for an Iron Grenadier Destro?
>>
>>10957881
When first Jurassic Park came out.
>>
>>10957881
It was a one and done TRU exclusive, basically a repainted Desert Fox, no one's favorite Joe vehicles, with two repainted figures and the cheapest rubber dino figure that could be crammed in a box.

......the whole set was glorious and it was one of my favorite Joe sets as a kid.
>>
>>10957963
Yes.
I would love a Classified version but I don't know if I want the dinosaur to have arm articulation because the "caught in the shower" pose is part of the charm
>>
>>10957915
Probably the next Haslab. Destro and his flying chariot vehicle, a couple of Anhilliators (in the Joecon reissue Red/Black colors with the Orange/Purple colors saved for the mass release version), Iron Grenadier Officers, and a new Baroness with a new IG outfit.
>>
>>10957915
>>10958025
My favorite destro. The og is great but iron destro just has a look of menace to me.
>>
File: gymstickers.jpg (2.96 MB, 4032x3024)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
Some dude slapped his gym stickers on the classified figures at walmart.
>>
File: IMG_3950.png (243 KB, 268x557)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
You know it didn’t occur to me until picking him up today who Big Boa reminded me of…
>>
>>10958569
>giving him more free advertising instead of peeling them off and throwing them away
>>
>>10957985
On one hand, I get the love for how cheesy the original dino was. On the other, I feel a really well articulated dino that could mimic said pose, but still be in that bright green and yellow paint job, would work way better for Classified.

But yea, if this was a Classified set I'd be all over it. While people may not remember the Desert Fox at all, it really was a nice vehicle and a fairly unique one at that. My favorite part was always the random computer seat at the rear of the bed behind the stand up turret.

>>10958025
The Despoiler? That thing's no bigger then Serpentor's chariot so there's literally no reason for it to be a Haslab. I'm sure at some point the team will do a whole push for Iron Grenadiers or something, but there's still plenty of other characters to go through before we get there.

>>10958569
I'm pretty sure the dude could get into some sort of legal trouble for that...assuming anyone cared enough to pursue it. Still really dumb way to advertise your business.
>>
>>10957719
The OG Airborne and Crimson Guard included similar weapons to one another, but not the same.
>>
>>10958603
Hard gay? You like tom of finland art?
>>
File: scarletcomp.jpg (455 KB, 2052x2757)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
Pretty good aside from the head and rubber weapons. I thought I read that they'd fix that but it's been a year and nothing's happened.
>>
File: scarletswap.jpg (505 KB, 2268x4032)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
>>10958917
Ball joints are different sizes, not sure I care to try a neck swap as the plastic on the retro feels cheaper and I don't want to damage it.
>>
>>10958920
Sorry, I forgot to crop that one
>>
Which none army builder Cobras from the OG 1982-1994 are left and not in any of the leaks yet?
Nemesis Enforcer?
Golobulus?
Pythona?
Crystal Ball?
Interrogator?
Slice and Dice?
Headman?
Cesspool?
Gristle?
Overkill?
Wild weasel?
>>
Is it true another low company bought up the Red Shadows trademark just Vala with Action Force and Steel Brigade?

Why is Hasbro so lackadaisical with their Joe auxiliary trademarks?
>>
>>10959038
Counting all villains, not just Cobras, there's also:
Thrasher
Monkeywrench
Zanzibar
Overlord
Sky Creeper
Night Creeper Leader
Voltar
Darklon
Carcass
Lobotomaxx
Predacon

The filecards for Vapor and Decimator read like they may be individuals rather than troops.
>>
>>10959119
Man, has Overlord gotten any media appearances besides Devil’s Due?
>>
>>10959131
He was a boss in one of the Nintendo games, and there was a toy ad where it sounds like they got Shredder to voice him:
https://youtu.be/X2VeSJ-S4FE?feature=shared

He was great in Devil's Due as Serpentor's general.
>>
File: covergirlswap.jpg (619 KB, 1923x3142)
619 KB
619 KB JPG
Hmmm
>>
>>10957915
I anticipate. Love the combination of regalness and leather warrior in that look.
>>
>>10959312
Looks like you salvaged that cover girl body. I like it.
>>
File: skyhawk2.jpg (56 KB, 720x1251)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
So what price would you pay for this. I assume the hasbro one will be 50-75
>>
>>10959584
Just autism things but I think whenever Hasbro gets around to doing the Skyhawk that they could try redesigning the thing, mainly on the rear fin near the thrusters. For a VTOL craft the rear fin is in danger of being burnt off whenever the thrusters go from vertical to horizontal.
>>
>>10959584
If there's a hasbro one, it will also come with a figure of some kind, even if its just a generic Steel Corps guy, that's more value you'd get over a third party vehicle.
>>
>>10959584
hasbro one will probably be between $75-100 but will come with a figure
I'd probably pay about $75-80 for a third party one with that in mind. I think them including the lights is a sign they will make it more expensive than that though. Doubt I'll be getting it. I don't really remember but was the sunbow version a 2-seater too like the SHARC? That's the only way I see myself paying more than that.
>>
I canceled my rocket order. Want it but way too many orders this month and next.
>>
I always felt sorry for the majority of the OG Joes.
We’ve already got all of the 1983 characters in Classified, but still no OG 1982 characters Zap, Short-Fuze, Grand Slam, Steeler, and Flash.

The same characters that never got an updated figure during the original run.
>>
>>10959803
The only O13 Joe to be repeatedly fucked over and then some has always been Short Fuse.

Zap and Flash, while not popular with suits, have their own vocal fanbases. Steeler is well loved because of his costume and Grand Slam, in spite of being nothing but a Flash repaint without the laser gun, has historically gotten new figures purely off of the fact that he's an easy make as a Flash recolor.

But Short Fuse consistently gets fucked over and then some. While he got a new figure in the three pack line in the 00s, it was like his first new figure EVER (as he never got an update in the original line) and his 25th Anniversary update was the Doc figure painted as a white guy and only available in a $150 box set (Battle In A Box) that was a Toys R Us exclusive and which no one ever really noticed his inclusion in as far as it being an afterthought.
>>
File: unnamed.png (705 KB, 640x640)
705 KB
705 KB PNG
>>10959985
>Doc figure repainted as a white guy
So funny, no way they'd get away with this sort of thing now
>>
>>10959993
Which is weird, because while Flash was essentially replaced by Sci-Fi, and Zap by Bazooka, I don’t think G.I.Joe ever got a new mortar guy.
You’d think they would have updated Short-Fuze.
>>
File: 20240421_182123.jpg (1.16 MB, 2054x2782)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
I know we got a retro Lady Jaye already, but I would like another cause the style differences between these two sculpts is just so drastic. Or maybe they can put out a cartoon style one in the mainline idk. I'm just kinda tired of looking at this Lady Jaye with her scrawny arms and barrel chest.
>>
>>10959777
Same here, i just dont think the hms will be that impressive. Just a bigger scrap iron drone. Still wouldnt mind getting one.
>>
>>10960139
Nothing wrong with the chest
>>
>>10960158
Lmao looks like a buff dwarf chest.
>>
>>10960224
You've never seen a real woman in your life
>>
>>10960228
>>10960158
It's just the autistic person from the Marvel Legends thread posting here. "Barrel chest" is the new meme they're pushing, be wary if you see it
>>
Never thought I'd see the day that people were defending that atrocious Lady Jaye.
>>
>>10960139
Chief problem with both Classified Lady Jayes is the bullshit alternate hair shit. They really should have fucking done two god-damn head sculpts, or committed to a new head sculpt with the hat being part of the sculpt.
>>
Yo, the demo for GIJoe Wrath of Cobra is up on steam and other places, I believe.
I haven't had the time to play it yet. I remember that the trailer didn't look too promising, but it could be fun.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2516170/GI_Joe_Wrath_of_Cobra/
>>
>>10960580
oof
>>
>>10960580
Nothing revolutionary, but it will be fun regardless.
>>
>>10960091
They got Downtown in the early 90's
>>
>>10960580
Id give it a shot if it comes over to switch.
>>
>>10960580
Looks like a newgrounds games from 2002. Should have had the guys who did the TMNT shredders revenge develop the art or any of those twiiter pixel artists. This looks like it was done on windows 98 paint.
>>
>>10959777
I’m not excited for it at all but feel like I have to get it for something to do with the HISS’s tow hitch
>>
>>10959777
>>10960145
>>10960672
I'm getting it, but that's just because I got all the HISS related figures and sets, and I like that red Techno-Viper.
>>
>>10960672
Same, it's too irresistible to ignore when it's practically begging to be towed. I only have the VAMP so until Hasbro makes the MMS repaint, I'll use HMS as a stolen MMS and repainted into Cobra colors by the Iron Grenadiers and the Joes have come to reacquisition it because they're too broke poor to produce a new MMS that day.
>>
>>10960580
Welp, just played it and it is quite lame. Godammit, a fun beatemup shouldn't be that hard to do.
>>
File: vamp_leftfront_iso.jpg (52 KB, 656x600)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
I'll have to wait 20 years for a chance that Hasbro will make a Classified of Pursuit of Cobra VAMP won't I?
>>
>>10960712
Such a good truck.
>>
>>10960712
I think I would have preferred something like this anyway, so you could have more guys in it.
>>
>>10960712
Looks like its basically a mashup of the Vamp 1 and 2, and since they probably won't make a Vamp 2 due to licensing issues, I think there's a chance we may get it one day.
>>
>>10960769
VAMP 2 is just the VAMP but with doors and a hood to provide a proper closed cabin. And it has a repaint in the form of the Cobra Stinger so it's definitely likely they'll do that soon afterwards. However it is simply that Hasbro must go through almost all the entire 80s-90s vehicle catalogue and at the rate they're going it's going to be a while which is a blessing and a curse, because I prefer some of the more modern vehicles and the PoC VAMP is one of the best ones. Easily shits on Valaverse's soccer mom car.
>>
>>10960773
That anon is referring to the Hammer which is based on the Humvee and in some ways is considered a Vamp 2. But even so that PoC Vamp is a modern toy and no Joe fan would want classified updates of modern era toys so there's a very low chance Hasbro would even consider making one. G.i. Joe is about fictional depictions of real world military and nothing from the modern era matches that criteria, it's all sci-fi bullshit.
>>
>>10960773
I'm an idiot. I was thinking of the Hammer and somehow associated it with the VAMP in my head.
>>
>>10960761
Same, I like that the original VAMP is basically a not!Lamborghini but a 4 seater (5 with the gunner on the back) 4WD off-road truck hits the spot for me. And with the foot rest the PoC VAMP can carry up to 9 people, reminds me of the good'ol days on GTA V Online using the Insurgent and filling out every seat possible. Fun and comfy.

>>10960791
>G.i. Joe is about fictional depictions of real world military and nothing from the modern era matches that criteria, it's all sci-fi bullshit.
How is a rugged 4WD off-road truck considered sci-fi bullshit?
>>
>>10960814
The...Vamp is a two-seater anon. And there's no gunner seat.
>>
>>10960580
They said if it’s popular they can make up to 30 Joes playable.

Sure there will only be like 10 fighting styles and a lot of palette swaps, but hey…..
>>
>>10960518
I don't see what the big deal is, almost every figure's hair is a separate piece anyway, Lady Jaye's just happens to be removable.
>>
File: DOwntown.jpg (31 KB, 474x596)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>10960091
You just gonna forget about DOWNTOWN?
>>
File: IMG_5182.jpg (39 KB, 635x478)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>10956144
I’ve heard numerous times that Hasbro lost the trademark to Roadblock for a period, but does anyone know what company ended up with it?
>>
>>10960139
God that Lady Jaye needs to be redone along with Baroness and Flint.
>>
>>10961097
Looks like a jam up guy
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (1.27 MB, 1920x1080)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>>10960580
Meh. I'll stick with just playing Attack on Cobra Island again
>>
>>10961027
>>10960605
Totally forgot about him
>>
File: flintswap.jpg (591 KB, 2849x2080)
591 KB
591 KB JPG
>>10961103
Definitely waiting for a new Flint so I don't have to commit to a kitbash.
>>
>>10961027
Is there any OG13 that didn’t have a newer character have their primary specialty?
>>
>>10960844
Read anon, I was referring to the PoC VAMP when I said a 4 seater.
>>
>>10960712
Man, The Pursuit of Cobra is still the best Joe line ever. So many great toys.
>>
>>10961318
Clutch, maybe? As far as I recall, he's always been the V.A.M.P. driver, he even changed his nickname to Double Clutch but was the same guy driving the third or fourth lambo.
>>
File: vamp_box_back.jpg (191 KB, 1024x681)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>10961454
He renamed himself Double Clutch because his new VAMP was double in everything, double the seats, double the 'doors', double the guns.
>>
>>10961487
That's definitely something Clutch would do.
>>
File: skidmark.jpg (47 KB, 506x290)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>10961454
>>10961487
It's bad enough no one remembers the Desert Fox, but people are trying to actively ignore it's driver ever existed.

For good reason as he's probably got the worst codename in all of G.I. Joe.
>>
>>10961384
>original VAMP is basically a not!Lamborghini but a 4 seater
>original VAMP
>>
>>10961975
I’ll always remember Skidmark because he died in Devil’s Due when a helicopter crashed right on top on him while he was running next to Duke.
>>
Starting to dabble some vintage G.I. Joes again. So far I've ordered the B.A.T V2, Sci-Fi, some spaceman from Battlecorps 2000, Techno Viper, Ninja Force Nightcreeper and Battle Corps Barricade. Anyone got any fun figures to recommend? Was looking at Star Brigade and some of the other Battle Corps guys. Definitely prefer the more colorful or scifi guys to the earlier more grounded military stuff so far.
>>
>>10962026
Already ignoring the context, guess I'm not going to bother then since it's just you who can't seem to read though the replies properly anyways.
>>
File: hiss5_comparison.jpg (80 KB, 943x600)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>10961448
Had what is to me the best version of the H.I.S.S tank made. Do wish it's combination with the Attack Scout was executed better though.
>>
>>10962305
This is what I wish the Classified HISS was.
>>
>>10962305
For real man. Best HISS ever.
I always had the Scout as a separate drone, it looked so damn goofy attached to the tank.
>>
>>10962306
Part of me is incredibly sad for Classified falling so bad into 80s nostalgia. Some of the wave 1 designs are cool, actually, if maybe a bit too colorful. Their original concept for Storm Shadow looks so badass and I think a lot of designs from Pursuit of Cobra fit that modern military sci-fi aesthetic.
>>
>>10962305
I know it makes more sense practically, but I don't like the lack of clear window. Same situation with the Classified BAT, the design loses a bit of flair just being opaque plastic.
>>
>>10962317
Me too. It's why I've found myself basically buying less figures, especially on the Joes side. I wanted a near future sci-fi/military blend like PoC was. Obviously there is a demand for the Retro stuff but I feel like they basically just make the figures with the full intent of doing the Retro release later on but they do their damnedest to make sure they don't do anything too radical to the overall design/sculpt in order to preserve it for the Retro aesthetic. That's why most of the "modern" updates seem to just be simple things like tattoos and maybe an accessory like a tablet.
>>
File: cobra hiss concept art.jpg (116 KB, 775x598)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>10962306
shoulda been this instead
>>
>>10962317
Well that's just Hasbro being obsessed with the first iteration ARAH that just so happens to be part of the 80s, and the majority of G.I. Joe fans happen to grew up with ARAH. Not saying ARAH is bad, just annoyed that Hasbro has seemingly forgotten everything about the modern era and decides to regress back to the Retro era. And with that hyper-fixation it's going to take at least 10 years or so before we'll be getting Classified updates of vehicles from Rise of Cobra or Pursuit of Cobra.
>>
>>10962342
>Hasbro being obsessed with the first iteration ARAH
Is Hasbro obsessed with it or the fans?
>>
File: 33250.jpg (54 KB, 559x600)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>10962318
I prefer enclosed cockpits but I get what you mean. At least they gave the Retaliation H.I.S.S tank (that for some reason share an almost identical silhouette to PoC H.I.S.S despite being a brand new mold from what I gather) a apache helicopter like cockpit.
>>
>>10962351
A bit of both really, most of the staff working in the G.I. Joe team are no doubt major ARAH fans and most G.I. Joe fans you'd see nowadays are all about ARAH and O-Ring figures and the 80s. I barely know anyone who grew up with Sigma 6 or Rise of Cobra nor do they play around with modern era toys. I'm like one of the very few who fit in that camp sadly. Not exactly indicative of the whole fanbase but on Youtube if you want reviews on modern era toys they're either from 10 years ago or semi-recent but with shitty quality camera. Meanwhile reviews on Retro era stuff are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>10962242
Dee jay and psyche out.
Crystal ball and raptor.
Robo joe or any of the space figures
>>
>>10962360
I grew up in the Spy Troops/Valor vs Venom era and enjoyed playing with that stuff, but 25th anniversary is what really brought me in as a fan and bridged the gap from childhood playing to adult collecting mentality. I think the reason you don't see much love for the more modern stuff is because it falls flat every time. GI Joe is pretty much like He-Man at this point where the classic era is still the most popular and every future iteration will ape off it until the fanbase eventually dies.
>>
>>10962328
Whats the part up front? Some sort of loading for the pilot to enter the cockpit?
>>
>>10962372
Yeah, the bottom half lowers so that the driver can go in and out.

HISS II did something similar.

HISS 2 was an IFV, since it had a troop compartment in the back.
Never really liked the original HISS.
>>
>>10962370
I feel like an ass, but the only one of those I really like is Robo Joe. But I still appreciate the recommendations. Some of the Star Brigade stuff does look pretty fun though.
>>
>>10962371
That is true sadly. I guess it really is hard trying to advertise what is essentially a military action franchise to little kids. If G.I.Joe is ever to make an appealing TV show nowadays, it'll have to be serious with some true grit and bloodshed like Call of Duty Modern Warfare (the original Modern Warfare, not the new reboots) but that is something you can't really do or get away with in a kids TV show. ARAH got away with relatively no deaths or real kills onscreen due to being campy and airing during the 80s where said campy-ness is normal.
>>
>>10960791
>no Joe fan would want classified updates of modern era toys

Like hell I wouldn't. The PoC Vamp is the best version of that thing ever made and I would gladly drop twice as much as I paid for the current Classified one for an upsized PoC version. Hell, I'd gladly welcome any of the PoC/30th/Late wave Retaliation designs in Classified as they had some of the best concepts and characters in the entire franchise. Shadow Tracker was a fantastic addition to Classified and I would love to see more ME orignals like Night Adder, Data Viper, Hazard Viper etc see the same kind of update.

>G.i. Joe is about fictional depictions of real world military

G.I. Joe from the start has always been Sci-fi military action. The original line featured jet packs, laser artillery, stealth tanks and mech suits, real world accuracy was the baseline but never the limit.

>>10962305
PoC just had some of the best designs overall, but the HISS Tank was just something else entirely. HISS Tanks always had cool designs, one of the consistently best vehicles in the franchise, but that PoC version was just next level.

>>10962355
Cheaper feeling construction aside, the *only* thing I don't like about this version is the open turret. It would've been so easy to give it an actual closing hatch, which would've made it one of the most tank-like HISS tanks ever made. But having an open gunner seat is kind of a staple of hiss design so I get why they stuck with it. At least it's better then the awful HISS IV suicide seat.

>>10962381
I will never not be salty that neither this nor the far superior HISS V received ME mass release updates. The V is especially upsetting because they have a good version of the mold as they managed to release it in the 2016 SDCC Set. I was super excited when they brought back the ME stuff for the Wal-Mart "retro" line, and that they were going to include a new HISS. But then it turned out to just be the basic OG one and I was immediately disappointed.
>>
>>10962360
>>10962371
OG 1980s Joe fan here, and I will honestly say the ME PoC/30th stuff was my favorite era of Joes ever. From the later waves of the first movie to the end of the Retaliation line, they just went crazy coming up with new fantastic concpets, updating OG figures for modern settings and just hitting Homeruns with almost every figure they put out. Yea, there were some stinkers here and there, but the vast majority of the stuff we got between '09 and '13ish was fantastic (barring that first Retaliation wave)

>>10962398
I actually feel the opposite would be true. For a G.I. Joe cartoon to work nowadays they should go full on Sci-fi over the top fun and action. They can still tell a "serious" over-arching narrative and have their more dramatic moments, but any new Joe show should be fun and colorful and filled with fantastic over the top characters and vehicles as those are the elements that made the franchise so popular in the first place.

It's not even that a new Joe should "couldn't work", it's just that with today's media habits there's no place for it to work. Action cartoons are a rarity these days and there's very few outlets available to market them that won't dramatically interfere with their production or release schedule.

Renegades didn't fail because it was a bad show, it failed because the network it was on failed a whole. And that situation, where Hasbro has no place to successfully air any cartoons it makes, has no improved over the years.
>>
>>10962242
Shockwave
Dial Tone
Lady Jaye
OG Shipwreck
Track Viper
Hydro Viper
Snow Serpent
Serpentor

>>10962305
That HISS tank is an abomination in the eyes of God and Man.
>>
>>10962381
HISS II is the only good HISS Tank redesign, and part of that is due to the sexy as fuck Track Viper driver.
>>
File: 20240423_220935.jpg (805 KB, 2221x1796)
805 KB
805 KB JPG
I shouldn't have passed on that retro Snake Eyes, cause I don't like how either of these look with her.
>>
File: HISS06_1238735418.jpg (45 KB, 800x600)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>10962512
man, seeing you list all the other HISSes makes me hate that the original HISS was so cheaply reused and called shit like "HISS 3" despite just being a remold.
It's honestly disgusting that design also got reused for Classified and Megatron.

Nostalgia is the worst shit ever.

>>10962651
nah, i love the PoC HISS and also the DtC version as well. DTC version being a troop transport probably makes it the best version to own.

Also, i like this version too.
>>
>>10954541
I'd expect some mid-size vehicles like a Tomahawk or HAVOC, At a $300 price point, or some small vehicles like the Sky Hawk or FANG at the $100 price point.We might also get the WHALE or Hydrofoil at a $500 price point. They might go silly with a Sky Striker or Night Raven at a $1000 price point
>>
>>10956810
So how bad are Baroness' eyes based on her glasses?
>>
>>10961318
snake eyes
grand slam
>>
>>10962328
that's awesome
>>
>>10962859
Snake Eyes primary specialty is infantry which many others have had. I don't know any others that are just artillery like Grand Slam but others are various types of artillery.
>>
>>10961975
I'll argue Blowtorch is a worse name when there's someone else called Torch.
>>
>>10961487
LOL I like it
>>
>>10960580
this is really the kind of franchise that lends itself more to a shooter/vehicle combat game. I love GI Joe so I'll sooner or later get the shit.
>>
>>10962305
This is ugly as shit.
>>
>>10962317
>>10962326
It was demoralizing seeing the comments after the initial Classified reveal back early 2020. Every comment, across every site (including this one) bitched incessantly about the armor bits and modern flourishes. I cringed every time some shithead youtuber called them Fortnite. Its obvious that first year scared Hasbro and they course-corrected into nostalgia hodgepodge we have now. This line should be Rainbow Six: Siege,tacticool nonsense. Instead its 80s redux, again.

I would be fine with the ARAH homage if they sequestered them to the Retro Card, but when you see something like Quick Kick, being released in the main line with no modernization or improvements, its like, What's the fucking point?

And yet some people STILL aren't happy, like the retard up thread bitching about Airborne's gun. Take that inconsequential bullshit to HissTank, where it, and you belong.
>>
>>10962653
She looks fine. That's a "you" problem, sperg.
>>
>>10960139
>>10956068
>>10960518
I like the Lady Jayes. She still one of the better women released in the line..
>>
>>10962859
What’s Grand Slam’s specialty again?
>>
>>10962381
Compared to this i see why. Im only familiar with the og version. I missed out on all this cool stuff you guys know. >>10962653
Retro snake eyes is pretty great. My favorite version so far.
>>10962382
Just some of my nostalgic favorites. Robo joe is quite a unique figure, id enjoy having one but i get tied down with current stuff so no fun munny left.
>>
File: GL7TVdKXUAAkJgX.jpg (84 KB, 939x920)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
New leak RAPTOR
>>
File: HISS4.png (734 KB, 750x693)
734 KB
734 KB PNG
>>10962904
How can you say that when H.I.S.S IV exist?
>>
>>10963042
stupid hasbro should have leaked him last week on tax day.
>>
>>10962512
Spitting facts. PoC was another level on design. So much love and imagination went in that line. I almost feel sorry for Lenny, the lead designer, some of his figures look straight out of that era, but yeah, a lot of Joe fans are just incredibly nostalgic.
>>
>>10962532
On the contrary, kids nowadays LOVE their overarching narratives and continuities. I truly believe there's a place for serious G.I. Joe TV shows in this time and age.
Far as I know, the new comics are selling really well, and they started literally with fucking Transformers and Cobra-La of all things, but with a "serious" narrative.
>>
>>10963124
I don't doubt the sales, but are those actually kids buying those?
>>
>>10963125
I truly dont know, so you have a point there, but I mean, hopefully? It's either that or this franchise is doomed to live for a few years more before all its fanbase dies out of old age.
>>
>>10963131
Bah, even if the average age of a fan is 50, that means there are nearly 20 years left.
>>
>>10963124
Yeah, but those narratives involve stories with kids, teens or cartoony adults.
Kids todays don’t follow adult character narratives live G.I.Joe
>>
>>10963159
They could easily do the same shit they did in the 90's, though, that pushed the ARAH fags away and drew in newer, younger crowds by pushing the ninja angle, or some of the other goofy, colorful stuff.

Classified could probably pull in a lot of kids if they put cool robots, ninjas, monsters, etc in there just like they did in the 90's with sublines like Ninja Force, Eco Warriors, Mega Marines, Star Brigade, etc.

I mean, personally, I had literally zero attachment to the GI Joe "lore" as a kid. I always thought the cartoon was among the most boring of the big 80's cartoons, and I read exactly one GI Joe comic as a kid, and that was a GI Joe/Transformers crossover. And I didn't even like Transformers all that much either, but GI Joe was one of my favorite toylines as a kid just based on how badass the badguys looked and how cool the vehicles were.
>>
>>10963042
>SDCC exclusive
It's over
>>
>>10963212
I'm ok with the joke characters being Con Exclusives. Mindbender and Serpentor are not the same as fucking lawyer hawk man.
>>
>>10962986
Slammin in a grandiose fashion. >>10963042
Pleeze do not screw up the wings. Raptor is in my top five on unlikely classified figures.
So i picked up a few of the new cobra commander and gi joe books. Couldnt find the first issues but i figured id give it a shot. Anyone here read them or even interested in them?
>>
File: HISS Concept Art 1.jpg (114 KB, 775x598)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>10962861
IT really is.
The wheels also make it look like its name: HIgh Speed Sentry

The cannons also looked better too.

More of the weird cockpit entry. Being wider would have made the backside more convenient for more troopers to fit inside of.

The HISS 2 was everything the HISS 1 should have been
>>
>>10962532
>I actually feel the opposite would be true. For a G.I. Joe cartoon to work nowadays they should go full on Sci-fi over the top fun and action
That's basically what Sigma 6 is, G.I. Joe and anime turned up to 11. Everyone was constantly shouting and fighting with plasma and laser bolts blasting everywhere while riding mechs and shit. I will never forget one of Zartan's goon announcing that he's launching jammers as if he's presenting a toy commercial. https://youtu.be/QmkJneBNqG0?si=FLw1RrXC8YHubrBc&t=132

Aye, the anime was basically pumping you up, constant positive go getter attitude. But alas, the anime's somewhat middling ability to balance between being serious or going full anime, as well as the network screwing the show near the end and the poor sales of the toys hurt its reputation.
>>
>>10962970
>I would be fine with the ARAH homage if they sequestered them to the Retro Card, but when you see something like Quick Kick, being released in the main line with no modernization or improvements, its like, What's the fucking point?
Exactly. The whole line should just be on retro cards at this point.
>>
File: beachnair.jpg (584 KB, 1862x2823)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
>>10962970
I wasn't bitching about the gun, I just thought it weird that they went so far in copying the retro design but opted to give him a different gun. I'm all for modern updates, wave 1 Scarlett remains one of my favorites in the line. But I still enjoy the classic stuff, so if that's what sells, so be it.
>>10962975
I know she looks fine, I'm saying the retro SE would look better alongside her than the ones I have
>>
>>10962317
Same here. I had such hopes for a cool modernized Falcon akin to that old Hot Toys or whoever did them in the early 00's, but instead got the same old style Green Beret and with an insane Muppet face.
>>
>>10962317
Same
For once I can't blame Hasbro for it.
>>
>>10962382
I want Classifed Robo Joe so bad
>>
Picked up Retro Scarletton a whim today, and damn this body is good. I wish she looked like V1 aesthetically with this engineering and thick thighs.
>>10963623
I bought that big army green Iron Man to treat as a Classified Robo Joe. Sure, colors are wrong, but the spirit is there.
>>
>>10962328
I would love a toy of the bottom version of this thing, it looks like a sci-fi IFV which is something Cobra really should have more of.

>>10962381
Underrated vehicle that has been unfortunately overlooked through out the years. I'd love to see it with a more real world gritty color scheme and maybe an armored cockpit.

>>10962679
I love this concept, but it really needs a wider tread base and a much bigger main cannon.

>>10963097
I don't actually dislike this design or the concept itself, I just wish it had an actual turret instead of the death chair gunner seat. I got mine used so it didn't even come with the chair, which is fine cause then it'll be easier for me to slap on a better main gun. I like to use this as my Scout HISS, the one not meant for direct combat but for gathering intel on the immediate battlefield and coordinating with the heavier armored HISS Tanks (PoC and Ret versions) for maximum combat effectiveness.

It is very much the weakest HISS design though hands down.

>>10963326
>The HISS 2 was everything the HISS 1 should have been

This so much.

>>10963124
Oh yea no, I completely agree that any Joe show today should have an overarching narrative and season based storytelling. That's what gets people invested in a series to stick with it for a lifetime. I'm just saying it doesn't need to be a milsim grimdark SUPACEREAL drama slog, and instead it should stick to Joe's roots of being over the top colorful and crazy. Again, you can still have those dramatic, heartbreaking moments of loss and grief, but that shouldn't be the main feel of the show overall, but narrative plot points in a long running story of conflict and heroism.

Basically, I'd like to see more Renegades than more Resolute.
>>
>>10963352
Sigma 6 was it's own weird little beast. It was far too "kids anime" for what a Joe show should've been but honestly probably the closest in spirit to the original cartoon as it was really just one huge, unrepentant toy commercial. Which actually seemed to work because the Sigma 6 toys were fairly popular at the time despite how wildly different they were from all other versions of G.I. Joe at the time. I was personally never a big fan of the show or the toys, but I'll be damned if I can't admit some of those figures they put out were pretty loaded with gear and play value.

Sadly the show didn't see the same kind of success, being a product of the mid 2000s CG craze AND being a part of the quasi anime bandwagon. Between it's wonky and stiff animation and having 4kids fingers in the production, the show never stood a chance.
>>
>>10963721
Oh, I get you now. Yeah, a gritty show would be the death of the franchise. Both ends of the spectrum can hurt G.I. Joe really bad.
I, for what is worth, loved Renegades, maybe some of the animation corners were a bit eeehhh, but I think it had a great balance between the military and the wacky sci-fi aspects of G.I. Joe.
>>
>>10963741
You really kinda nailed some things i thought of the cartoon sigma 6. It wasnt awful but it has that cheap 4kids presentation so it really suffers, it might catch your eye but its not going to hold your attention. Especially given some of the other shows that were available. It was kinda the real end of saturday mornings at that time. Toys were really awesome though
>>
File: 1657022098525.jpg (99 KB, 986x811)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>10962679
>>
File: dragonhawk02.jpg (37 KB, 640x480)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>10963741
I feel that the figures were alright but were placed in a weird niche group that no one has ever thought of before. 8 inch scale and extremely exaggerated body proportions that I think even exaggerate the anime character designs. If Sigma 6 toys were designed or sculpted similarly to Action Man A.T.O.M then maybe they would've been better remembered. The vehicles are great though not going to lie, a little on the smaller size because I doubt Hasbro would get away with pricing them reasonably at 1/18 scale but I dig the designs. Has my second favorite VAMP (PoC version being the first) and my favorite version of the Dragonfly/hawk, the RoC version is a close second. Also mechs, and what a shame it'll take many years before Classified will ever get around to updating the Sigma 6 mechs.
>>
>>10958920
Das it mayne
>>
>>10963125
"Kids" don't usually buy anything, their parents and relatives buy stuff for them. Most of the action figures I got a a kid I didn't ask for. Still enjoyed them. Funny enough the ones time I did ask for a specific figure (Mortal Kombat ninjas) I got some Shadow Ninja Joes. That was my fault for not specifying with Joe ninjas I wanted.
>>
>>10963169
Yeah but kids today in general don’t see that stuff as cool.
>>
>>10964956
I dunno, have you seen what actually happens in a Skibidii Toilet video?
>>
File: scarlet2.jpg (500 KB, 2000x2000)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
So is there any reason they refuse to print names on the stands for retro Classified figures? And if they insist on not doing it, why not release a 10 or 20 pack of them on Pulse? I could see a lot of people buying them.
>>
>>10965889
I believe it's so you can use them interchangeably.
And yeah, I'm also waiting for a weapons pack.
>>
>>10965889
I could come off of $20 for a 20 pack, 10 joe stamped stands and 10 cobra stands. >>10966245
Make it $30 and throw in some guns, packs and some effect pieces. Could be from fortnite, just generic gear and stuff.

Kinda gives me an idea, what if hasbro offered blind boxes of surplus stuff lying around the warehouse? They got to have trucks full of bits and pieces they cant use.
>>
File: fanshobby skyhawk.jpg (157 KB, 1026x1596)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
Another update
>>
>>10966835
Does this mean GI Joe sells better than I thought
>>
>>10966868
Everything that isn't Pulse exclusive ends up on clearance somewhere. I don't see how there's a market for over priced 3rd party vehicles.
>>
>>10967082
overpriced is the key thing; if its priced well it will sell just fine. That chink tmnt van for example was undeniably a better value for the money than the neca and super 7 versions, hasbro themselves isn't exactly making cheap vehicles, if this is priced appropriately it will probably do fine.
>>
File: 20240426_191642.jpg (908 KB, 2377x1478)
908 KB
908 KB JPG
>>10966245
>>10966732
The weapon packs feel integrated into the figures at this point with how many extra they get. I would definitely get a pack of laser rifles though, I missed out on the Target Grunt fiasco.
>>
>>10967247
I agree with you but its not that ample if youve only got one or two figures. If youve got a large collection or one of the trooper box sets you get a bit. I was really thinking of the old fashioned blister card of stuff or more recently, the fortnite shark or pinata etc. Is airborne an ok figure, You think itd be a good start to a crazy legs?
>>
File: 20240426_203625.jpg (905 KB, 1986x2013)
905 KB
905 KB JPG
>>10967268
He's one of my new favorites honestly, I can see him being a good base for a lot of characters
>>
Went to Walmart and it's official: Wal Mart has purged the toy section of GI Joe. So fucking pissed because I desperately do want to support local stores and shit but they are dead set on making it impossible for me to do so with this crap.
>>
>>10961097
probably some random construction toy or transformers knockoff
>>
>>10967590
>I desperately do want to support local stores and shit
local stores. walmart.
>>
>>10967681
I see your point but for some of us backwood hill billies walmart is the best you get.
>>
>>10967736
only thing I miss from my time hacking it in the big city was the variety of specialty shops. A Hobby/toy store opened up in my suburb a few years ago and it was brutal going in there and seeing them dead empty every single time, closed in less than a year.
>>
>>10967751
The two catch all hobby shops near work are busy but its not my scene. One is pokemon focused and the other is mtg/dnd. Neither carry current figures or anything of note as far toy goes, well i saw some bandai mms godzillas for $70+, wtf.
>>
>>10967751
>>10967768
There are a few shops near me, but they're mostly comic shops and card shops that also carry varying degrees of figures.

The nicest comic shop near me is pretty big, and has tons of comics, table top game stuff, and a pretty big TCG scene, but their toy selection is the weakest part, sadly. Its a very scant selection of current stuff, and and the rest is like, Pops and old-ass Power of the Force Star Wars figures from the 90s...

The other comic shop I frequent has a much, MUCH better toy selection, but the downgraded from a nice big store in a nice area, to some ramshackle shack in the hood. Their toy selection is still way nicer than the other store I talked about, but the building is way worse and way smaller.
>>
If a female had to join Slaughter’s Mad Marauders, who would it be?

I’d pick Covergirl because the Wolverine is already a vehicle in the Marauders, but I can’t picture her being led by Sgt. Slaughter.
>>
>>10967798
probably the same, but for different reasons. The Lynx as repainted as a Marauders vehicle, and it had the same body as the wolverine, just a cannon instead of missiles. So she would be best to drive it for them.
>>
Why is Hasbro so obsessed with making GI Joe relevant despite the public obviously not giving a shit about it (And discovering that real war is shit unless it's sci-fi or features giant robots)?
Even Mattel seems to have figured out it's impossible to make Masters of The Universe popular again and is switching to Street Sharks.
>>
>>10963019
So I did get Robo Joe based on your recommendation, he's a very fun chunky figure. Also got Star Brigade Destro for him to shoot at. Not sure if this thread is the place to post vintage Joe's or just Classified, but I'll have to post some pictures of the vintage collection I've managed to accrue over the last month. It's been pretty fun to get into. Will definitely take other vintage recommendations if anyone has some.
>>
>>10967827
Im going to call every post you would make to any reply with

>nuh uh
>Doesnt count
>We don't know real sales
>Haslab is propped by resellers
>Muh bbts stock

Cool now you can act like you won the thread and say the same shit in the Warhammer threads.
>>
>>10967827
>impossible to make Masters of The Universe popular again and is switching to Street Sharks
I don't think Mattel is switching to Street Sharks so much as they're gambling on Street Sharks. Unless we get new media tie ins, that line isn't going farther than the original roster. And the failure of Masters isn't a failure in the sense it simply cannot work, it's their refusal to properly evolve it in any meaningful way for a modern audience. Think Transformers and TMNT, those things constantly refresh themselves while keeping the core theme. Those brands aren't making the common mistake of trying to age it up with the fans, they're cycling them in and out.
>>
>>10967902
The CGI show did try to change things, but unfortunately kids today think swords and sorcery is boring.
At least with Street Sharks kids today love sharks and big, beefy things (Just look at Moose's in-house toylines like Goojitsu and Beast Lab, that even features humanoid sharks.).
>>
I got Hawk and he's cool as fuck but what's up with the weird arm socket joints? Really awkward to maneuver them.
>>
>>10967980
Ball joint going into the torso instead of a straight pin, so you get up and down shift in addition to forward and back like a traditional butterfly joint that most figures have. I like the idea but Hasbro doesn't execute it all that well
>>
>>10967846
Nice. Does the metal part of robo joes face come off? Ive been looking around for some loose beater joes but im gonna look for star brigade and battle force 2000 stuff since its not popular.
>>
>>10967798
I think they’ve since made some Scarlett and Jinx Tiger Force figures along with Python Patrol Baroness and Vypra.

No females in Marauders yet, if I’m not mistaken.
>>
>>10967827
Because they don't know they need to lean into what Skibidi Toilet is doing if they want to make war material that kids enjoy
>>
>>10967827
MOTU are teaming up with TMNT in case you haven’t noticed.
>>
Hasbro should let Paul Harding sculpt more female characters for G.I. Joe because Scarlett turned out absolutely wonderful.
>>
>>10968121
Looks like he did Jinx as well, hopefully she turns out good.
>>
>>10967827
GI Joe has a huge fanbase and that it's largely been mismanaged beyond all belief as to why it's not as big as Transformers. It's a license to print money but due to DEI garbage and the flaw that is that the fanbase is divided between the cartoon and the Hama comics, lore-wise, to truly get the line to reach it's potential.
>>
>>10968121
Her facial profile looks like shit though. Putting a terribly design face print on it didn't help. They need to get some pointers from Marvel LEgends guy. They been killing it with the woman face prints the last few waves. The Classic Black widow last year looks fantastic.
>>
File: scarlettswap.jpg (360 KB, 1909x2628)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>>10968166
Yeah the bottom of her face juts out a little too far compared to the top, but it's certainly no Cover Girl, so I'm kinda fine with it. The Legends heads have been pretty impressive, and they still have a matte finish which Classified have stopped doing for some reason, making the newer heads look very waxy like the old days. Makes me want to finally try my hand at applying dullcote
>>
>>10968176
I hate that the scarlett head looks that good on covergirl because I still haven't seen a better scarlett head than the one she comes with.
>>
>>10968159
I like GI Joe way more than Transformers, but I think the problem is trying to inject new fans is difficult. It isn't the 60s/70s/80s/90s anymore. Its hard to market anything with guns/war/military/etc especially as a toyline that would still largely be aimed at kids and even more especially with how anti-military, anti-veterans, anti-police, anti-guns America (and more and more the west in general) is now.

Pretty much every attempt at getting GI Joe into the mainstream has been a failure to launch over the years. The cartoons, the movies, the comics, etc, none of the modern stuff has really stuck.

On top of that, the average person probably can't even name any Joe characters other than Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, whereas for Transformers people can probably easily rattle off characters like Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream, and maybe some more just by pop culture osmosis, and those characters are probably 10x more well known than SE and SS.
>>
>>10968186
I can't bring myself to make it a permanent swap, I'm still hoping that they'll just redo Cover Girl for a Tiger Force release or something with a new head. Same for a Night Force Falcon, haven't found a replacement for him either
>>
File: stalker nam gi joe 26.jpg (156 KB, 756x836)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>10968159
>but due to DEI garbage
Are you stupid?

GI Joe was THE DEI garbage property of the 80s. The show had black, mexican, indian, japanese, and chinese as the main characters. The comic was even MORE inclusive, making other minority characters more prominent. Both series had females kicking ass and taking names.

The main villains were all white.

GI Joe routinely had them teaming up with other cultures, not bad mouthing them, and almost always that other culture saved the day. The comic even talked shit about nationalism and the military.

Why GI Joe isn't THE premier SJW show, or at least more popular due to this AND other reasons (like Call of Duty and other FPSes being hugely popular) is solely because Hasbro are more stupider than you.
>>
>>10968091
Nta but im aware, im checking to see where motu and classified fit into the toy aisle reset. The turtle cross over stuff is pretty good so far but im off topic. >>10968159
Im hoping these new comics bridge that gap. I like what ive read so far, its fresh but familiar.
>>
>>10968238
Funny that despite all that, we still get race swaps with every new iteration
>>
I'm tempted to get Stalker but there is something off about his face. Does it look as bad in person? How does he look with other Joes?
>>
File: sizecomp.jpg (700 KB, 3192x2269)
700 KB
700 KB JPG
>>10968335
I think it's a well done sculpt, he just looks 15-20 years too old. And it's kinda big, but that's kinda become the norm at this point
>>
>>10968250
>Nta but im aware, im checking to see where motu and classified fit into the toy aisle reset.
Both are on it. WM has a peg for the Retro card figures, one for ToG, and one for MOTU Origins & Cartoon
>>
I don't want to pay 25 dollars for a marvel legend I want a small o ring figure for 10$.
>>
>>10968427
Never fails to baffle me and wonder what in the living hell were they thinking with that Falcon headsculpt...
>>
>>10968427
Stalker's a great figure, I highly recommend. I bought an extra one for kitbashing.
>>
>>10968773
I think it was pretty much outed that the sculptor for his and Covergirl's heads was just taking the piss, and kind of fucked them up because he was doing things "his way."
>>
File: BaronessCartoon2[1].jpg (30 KB, 516x396)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>10968238
>The main villains were all white.
Destro will always be black to me.
>>
File: falconbefore.jpg (316 KB, 1826x2101)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>10968773
He's an enigma
>>
File: Destro_too_29.png (254 KB, 340x657)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>10968980
that cleavage showing his bare chest tho...
>>
>>10968978
Wait, I've been theorizing all this time: was it Cory Cantelupe? It was so strange seeing him, co-creator of the line, getting fired right around the corner of the Falcon reveal.
>>
>>10969077
I did the Blowback headswap on mine but now I want to do a full repaint on him. I got him a 3D printed chest rig with a removable knife and I'm going to make his shirt tail out of fabric. Gonna swap his legs with a Stalker because he's wearing gaiters on a jungle uniform and his foot pegholes are so far from the ground that it's impossible to stand him up. His backpack is too big and too heavy so I'm going to try to reduce it and partially hollow it out. And of course, repaint his whole uniform with green beret tiger stripes. Big project, will hopefully get around to it someday...
>>
>>10969212
Looks about as white as an Italian my friend
>>
File: JoeMovie.jpg (284 KB, 960x1440)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>10969077
I don't know if it's just me but his head feels disproportionally bigger than it should be. Like as if they used the movie poster as a reference for Falcon.
>>
>>10968572
This is why I went back to vintage and started getting into some of the indie o-ring lines. They just feel fun to handle and I love that scale and style, I see the appeal of Classified but I'll never be able to get into G.I. Joe at that scale. Unfortunately whether it's Super7 or Hasbro, $10 o-rings aren't happening. They'll be priced at $20. My only hope is new ones have a wrist swivel, that's the only improvement to articulation I want on a modern o-ring. Grindstone Toys, Delta-17 and Strike Force Alpha can really optimize how they display with weapons or in vehicles due to that.
>>
I don't know about Strike Force Alpha or Grindstone Toys, but Delta-17 are priced at 25 bucks. I love o-rings, and I love to see them having a renaissance, but sadly, there's no way we're getting them for less than 20 in modern day.
>>
>>10969219
The Cover Girl render was posted by Fred Aczon (@2dsculpts), but it does say directed by Cory Cantelupe and Lenny Panzica. No sign of Falcon on his page. Hard to say how much influence any one person has cause the rest of Fred's page has loads of renders that I would all consider leagues ahead. I think wanna say there was some sort of issue with that entire wave during production that exacerbated the issues with the sculpts, cause it was the first wave that I noticed had a significant drop in quality across the board, with the soft plastics, mismatched colors, and bad face prints.
>>
>>10969345
Grindstone's o-ring for Skeletron was also $25. The 6" were $35
>>
>>10969345
I got a few of the Strike Force Alpha figures from the kickstarter. A bit disappointed, to be honest. Firstly, when the KS was going, they weren't going to be o-ring, but have a simple pop and swap ball for the torso. Then the three figures I got didn't end up with colors that look anything like the original renders.
>>
>>10969588
>>10969617
Is every old Red Shadows character someone else’s trademark now instead of Hasbro’s?

I see other companies making Skeletron, Red Wolf and The Robo-Skull.
>>
>>10969212
I guess I never considered what color Destro was supposed to be. Interesting because it's the same voice actor behind him and Turbo. I never pictured Turbo, or any of the GoBots really, as any color. Jazz was just "the cool Autobot." Oh to be that naive again...
>>
>>10970389
Black anon here.
As a kid in the 1980s, it was always easy to know which cartoons had a black voice actor like Panthro or Blaster.
Though I didn’t know about Shredder until first season of Fresh Prince.
>>
>>10968980
Based. I feel the same about Darth Vader.
>>
>>10968238
>GI Joe was THE DEI garbage property of the 80s.
Lmao. 4chan and the media has rotted all of our minds, I had plenty of GI Joe figures that were minorities and never gave a shit. Now I do hate race swaps, I'd prefer we have a new character in some race (doesn't matter) and then don't ever change it. That is insulting to me. That's pandering
>>
>>10968159
I fucking despise that right wing buzzword and all who use it should be put down
>>
>>10970779
Don’t worry, they’ll drop it eventually, like they did CRT. These morons don’t seem to realize that despite their aversion to “mainstream media”, they still align onthe same buzzwords.
>>
>>10970779
well, that's a triple-win for the right wing, because you're annoyed, you've gave them attention and you wasted a post.
>>
File: special missions 17.jpg (45 KB, 260x400)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>10970762
Either you're a newfag or you're a newfag.

GI Joe being a SJW/DEI (called POLITICALLY CORRECT pre-10s) property since the 80s (arguably the 70s when they moved away from the war theme) has been the butt of PC jokes just as long. So >>10968159 was missing the entire culture and context of the series, thinking DEI somehow ruined the GI Joe series, when it's been a SJW series all along.

Everyone who isn't a newfag recognizes this and has enjoyed it for what it is, despite the overt SJW ethos. 80s cartoons in general were full of these "parent group" mandates, btw.
"Parent groups" being an ironic title, since they were mostly childless assholes trying to "fix" cartoons for children. It was largely seen as a Christian cause, but that might have been a bandwagon technique, because Christians were a larger demographic back then and those manipulating assholes needed support.

Personally, i hate the cartoon because it's retarded shit and even as a kid i recognized it as retarded shit. Cool as fuck imagery though, so i eventually got around to reading the comic books were a hundred million times better.
Also, i think the overt nature of those retarded PC cartoons, their reputation damaged everyone who ever watched those cartoons' view of PC causes. As soon as we see GIRLS GET IT DONE and BLACK/NATIVE AMERICAN main characters, we're groaning thanks to over a decade of shitty cartoons teaching us that PC/SJW shit are lame as fuck. That conditioning is hard to revert.
If those cartoons were actually written well, it might have been a different tale.

pic of best main char in the GI Joe comics.
>>
>>10970371
Red Shadows are such a bizarre "who owns this shit" team from Action Force. Vala owns Action Force but I guess not Red Shadows, Roboskull makes them but only with Skeletron as the named character, Fresh Monkey Fiction doesn't call them Red Shadows but they make what are clearly Red Shadows, last time Hasbro touched them was a Joecon set around 2007 I think.
>>
>>10971164
retard
>>
>>10971164
based
>>
File: stalker.jpg (2.49 MB, 2168x3060)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>10971164
picrel is my favorite. he rides shotgun in the vamp.
>>
>>10971468
That's a badass camo you've got there
>>
>>10971167
Yeah, but didn’t Super7 recently make a Destro/Red Jackal variant?

So now I’m even more confused who owns the brand.
>>
>>10971810
Maybe it's one of those cases where the rights are all over the place, with half a dozen of parties claiming rights on one or another character/name/design/etc.
>>
>>10971167
The Fresh Monkey ones are very much not!Red Shadows, hence why they don't have the name. The Skeletron thing could be a case similar to Steel Brigade where Hasbro let the trademark lapse because if I recall correctly they never use the term Red Shadows in any of the Roboskull stuff.
>>
>>10971858
I’m more surprised Hasbro never fought to keep the Red Shadows brand.
Basically put out red repaints of vehicles and a few figures = easy money.
>>
>>10971810
Ok that's right they totally did make that Destro. Fucking bizarre.
>>10971858
True, I think they call them something else but they are very clearly Red Shadows, but it's like a third party tf thing so they're probably the Crimson Shade. I can only speak to the o-ring Skeletron figure, but looking at his file card as we speak and the Wolf Trooper one, they both explicitly name them as Red Shadows members(if you want me to take pics lmk). But interestingly, Skeletron is the Red Shadows commander with no mention of Baron Ironblood or Black Major. So maybe they had separate trademarks? But given the quality of that Skeletron o-ring, I'd love to see them take the Red Shadows for good because that figure is amazing. Just doubt the original band is getting back together under one company.
>>10971917
I also find it odd, ever since I got back into G.I. Joe and especially vintage, the Red Shadows have been one of the most interesting anomalies to me that'd be easy to retool and repurpose.

That said, thanks to all you anons for indulging in my desire to discuss the Red Shadows. You're real ones.
>>
Then there’s a question of who owns the Action Force members trademarks (not the title of Action Force).
Like Quarrel or Jammer?

Or the team names like Q-Force, Z-Force, etc.
>>
Hasbro's DHL/USPS combo is soooooooo bad. I paid for SMS like a week ago, still nothing
>>
>>10971948
I think that must be it. Hasbro used Baron Ironblood, Black Major, the generic soldiers and the Red Shadows name in a comic series a few years back, but no Kraken, Wolf, Skeletron, or Muton. Even the Roboskull made an appearance with Black Major piloting it instead of the Wolf Trooper. Although this was a few years before the Kickstarter, so they may own the Roboskull rights as well now instead of Hasbro. It's very messy. That said, if Vala could get Steel Brigade from Hasbro for their Action Force line, I'm not surprised that it's messy.
>>
>>10971957
Mine just arrived yesterday. Don't know why they seem to have switched to DHL. Its been like that for my last handful of orders...
>>
>>10971959
So the Eagle Force are using Red Shadows stand ins, instead of their classic General Mamba and R.I.O.T.?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YOvGAgya5qg
>>
>>10968773
they changed factory and it was like starting all over
>>
>>10971962
mine apparently left the state and came back again, supposedly tomorrow... I'm not a premium member but you'd think people who actually paid shipping would get better shipping
>>
Would you be really mad if they released a Classfied Mobile Command Center a layer at a time at $150 each layer over a three year period
I actually don't know if $150 is realistic. I think each layer would be smaller than NECAs sewer thing but it would have a lot more parts
>>
>>10971934
Red Shadows are awesome! Just a great, great design. I'm waiting on Fresh Monkey to release theirs so I can convince myself if I want a few.
>>
>>10971977
I'm not sure if dioramas/playsets are something this line needs. I see a lot of people alredy out of space after the HISS' arrival.

But yeah, I mean, it would be cool, sure, not something I'd buy since I make my own set pieces, but I wouldn't be mad if it happened.
>>
>>10971964
Yep, that's what me and the other anon were talking about when he referred to them by the Not!Red Shadows of Eagle Force. And I guess this group is called the Crimson Moon for obvious copyright reasons. They do look very good though. I believe one figure includes the Baron Ironblood helmet which would transform the "Count Ironmoon" into Baron Ironblood, and if you take the "Count Ironmoon" head and swap it onto the figure that comes with the helmet, you get what looks like Black Major. Some clever workarounds at play. I'll always take Red Shadows, I don't care if they're licensed or not.

>>10971998
Like I mentioned above you can easily complete the roster with part swapping save for Muton and Skeletron, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had versions of them in the works. They also have the Red Shadows(aka Crimson Moon but idc they're Red Shadows) joining the 6 inch Monster Force scale. So with Fresh Monkey Fiction, if your flavor is 4" or 6" they got you covered. I'm just hoping the Roboskull take the reigns for a slew of o-ring style Red Shadows since that's my main interest in Joe collecting, and the bootleg Red Shadows by the guy on ebay only scratch the itch so much. Even if o-rings are announced(someone please) I'm still buying the 4 and 6 inch ones, as you said Red Shadows are awesome.
>>
>>10972071
Oh, I completely forgot their 4" line! I was talking about the Monster Force Not Red Shadows.
Do you happen to have any of their stuff in 6"? I've never bought from them.
>>
>>10972067
To be fair the final layer would have wheels
>>
File: s-l9999.jpg (406 KB, 1600x1200)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>>10971977
>>10972067
I don't know if I'd want a super expensive full scale dioramas, but I would like individual dio pieces akin to Power Team Elite
>>
>>10972093
None of their 6" figures are out yet, I think they should be sometime this year. The only 4" figures I got from Fresh Monkey were the Microman homage ones which weren't bad in hand and felt sturdy enough, so I don't see any reason the 6" scale will be any different. I've only got 3 on pre-order just incase I don't like them, but overall Fresh Monkey is a solid toy company.
>>
>>10972067
I just like it
>>
>>10971468
nice camo
>>
>>10971656
>>10972739
ty
>>
>>10971468
What brand of model paint goes on figures like this? I need to fix up some figures with paint chips and rubbed off paint aps.
>>
>>10973064
I used Rit Dyemore Peacock Green for the base green and Rit Dyemore Graphite on the boots, LCE, holster and sheath. The other colors are; Vallejo 72044 & 72153, and Citadel Abaddon Black.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.