[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: super7 mothership.jpg (261 KB, 828x1463)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
Kinda old news at this point, but I don’t really remember much discussion about this. Why did the GI Joe Mothership kickstarter by super7 fail as bad as it did? Seems like fans are always begging for stuff in scale with the O ring figures and when presented with it, they fail to come out and actually buy it. It looked really cool and price wasn’t too bad so it’s genuinely baffling to me.
>>
>>10954551
Super7 sucks
And
Loud people wanting something doesn't mean they have money
>>
File: IMG_8861.jpg (197 KB, 828x1500)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>10954557
>super7 sucks
I mean I won’t argue there, but their cat’s lair funded pretty easily.
Maybe it’s just proof that furries have more money to burn
>>
File: absolutely dogsgusting.gif (460 KB, 450x296)
460 KB
460 KB GIF
>>10954551
>5poa
>$100 for a plastic fliptop disk
>>
>>10954563
Thunderbraps also doesn't have anything else competing with it
It's Super7 or nothing
>>
>>10954551
>super 7
Not even for fucking free
>>
multiple factors
reaction is inherently very niche and a large amount of the people who buy them simply leave them on-card because the figures suck and the packing art is great.
o-ring was just abandoned by hasbro alongside the retro walmart ones. It was not on the table for S7 at the time they tried this kickstarter and they couldn't give a concrete answer if it ever would be, so new collectors who might have considered hopping in if there was a better line than reaction were not there.
So the only people really considering buying it were classic joe collectors, this was a look that does not match the classic line (too cartoony), and is a vehicle that is featured in only 1 episode and blows up by the end of it; Yes it is in the opening but it is also not even the right color for the one in the opening.
classic joe collectors are also notoriously cheap in general and this was S7's usual overpriced shit
basically, for this to have had any chance of success they needed it to latch on to people collecting gi joe NOW, not vintage collectors.
>>
>>10954551
Super7 is not a good company.
>>
File: 1699019021926623.jpg (407 KB, 2660x2362)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
>>10954551
>Still loads of unproduced Joe vehicles and playsets
>Choose this giant chunk of ugly plastic
Should of been this
>>
>>10954551
>>10954563
I only buy Japanese stuff, these look like garbage, like shit I'd see in the toddler toys area of a thrift shop. Not the designs themselves but how soft and cheap they look.
>>
>>10957620
When did this come out?
>>
>>10957620
This should have had a Weather Dominator come out of the top.
>>
>>10957620
Is this AI?
>>
O-Ring toys are shit.

And i say this as a 40 year old boomer, who grew up with o-ring toys.
It's outdated shit and doesn't fit in with the rest of my collection.
>>
>>10954563
Have you seen fursuit prices and art commission rates? It's BEEN proven!
>>
File: 1711011598620438.jpg (49 KB, 1134x850)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>10957924
>>10957956
It's a custom some guy on hisstank made in 2016
>>
>>10954551
Too expensive. And there's something psychological that tells me as a Joe collector that Super7 Joes aren't real Joes.
>>
>>10954551
Showed up during the holidays and after several big kickstarters sucked collectors dried. Likely a lot of people that backed the Cats Lair saw this and said "aw but I just gave you guys a lot of money". Even when they tried to bolster this with the promise of o-ring, there still isn't any Super7 o-rings on the market to build loyal customers.
>>
>>10958041
Same, especially since the O-rings degrade. I've not see anyone guarantee the new O-ring figures won't end up like the old ones.
>>
>>10958795
It's a rubber ring its always going to degrade no matter what, they are still pretty shit compared to modern figures but they are easy and cheap enough to replace the o-ring which you would only need to do every few decades for most figures.
>>
>>10954551
Its hollow, its a really expensive figure holder that would be too large for most collections. Plus fuck hasbro for killing the retro line for o rings which got cancelled anyway before selling the o ring license to s7. I truly adore the 3 3/4 size and while i dont care for reaction i was pissed at the bs hasbro pulled.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.