[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 217646-2713301299.jpg (104 KB, 600x788)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
I recently found and bought a Summer Ibuki Douji Madhands Figure but my experience with resin figures is practically nothing. Can anyone give out some resources for these types of garage kits like where to buy joints,paints, etc or even stls of these joints. I'm just worried about messing up the figure.
>>
File: ylsppc-tn27_2.jpg (75 KB, 500x500)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>10966100
Madhands mentions in the instructions what type of joints you should use, mostly hobbybase ones you can purchase off of sites like HLJ or Hobbystock. You'll also need supplies like Pinvises in order to drill holes for the joints that can also be bought on the aforementioned sites.

As for other things, you'll probably need to pick up some putty in case of airbubbles, which I recommend picking up Gaia notes instaputty for that.

You'll need sanding tools as well because there will be mold lines you'll want to sand off, along with at least some sort of mask so you don't breath in resin dust. I use the 2mm Godhand sanding sponges of varying degress of grit myself.

As for paints, you can pick up any hobby grade paints like Tamiya, Mr Hobby or Gaia Notes for that. You'll probably have to learn how to use an airbrush though for the painting. As well as paints, I HIGHLY recommend getting gloss clear coat to spray over the waterslide decals for the eyes, otherwise trying to apply them to the faces will be near impossible.

Finally, take the instructions that came with the kit, and if you can, either scan or take photos of them and upload them to google translate to translate them for you, that helps a lot.

Sorry for the word spew, but it is a complicated process, and I hope I was able to help a little bit.
>>
File: 3742523.jpg (736 KB, 2048x1536)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
She's a big girl.
>4U
So how much did you pay for her, OP? MSRP was about $350 at release, but I assume it's gone up since 2023. Mind sharing some photos of the parts in the box?
>>
>>10966907
Ya I'll give updates once she comes in
>>
>>10966100
Nice? Camp out on yahoo auctions or suguraya for her? I was checking those two the day after the last wonfes when I was trying to find a mad hands UDK barghest
>>
>>10966219
Nah m8 I need a word spew given how this is my first resine kit I'm use to plastic kits just trying to break outve that mold and thanks for the advice I'll give an update once I've gotten her
>>
>>10966949
Ya I got both on yahoo auctions it was a impulse buy one was around 400(ibuki) usd the other 475(barghest)
>>
>>10966959
Sweet find, when you get them in I suggest having copies made of the waterslide decals. I've had issues with the decals on the last two mad hands kits I've worked on. My st. louis had some misprinted decals that needed to be corrected in photoshop and barghests shirt decals basically fused to the sheet and would not separate from the backing. Your mileage may vary but it never hurts to have backups
>>
File: Barghest joints.jpg (153 KB, 1080x792)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>10966959
Also heres a shot from the manual of the joints you will need for barghest if you want to gather those materials before the kit comes in. Make sure to get the flesh in light flesh coloring and buy two sets of the joints for b. and f. I got mine from hobbylink japan since they sell batches every few weeks. The manual also states to buy some 2mm x 1mm neodymium magnets for the faces.
>>
It’s in storage so I can’t post a photo of the instructions, but I have a kit that had something about putting some kind of straw-like thing in the joint holes. Any idea what that’s about, or should I just post a picture when I can get it out of storage?
>>
File: antenne1.jpg (780 KB, 1562x3761)
780 KB
780 KB JPG
>>10970183
That's probably brass rod. The Tenryu kit I've been working on uses that for attaching the antenne, for instance.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.