[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: target Chun Li .jpg (39 KB, 600x611)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
A thread dedicated to Jada Toys and its figure lines. Jada’s model cars are for the diecast general.
-Street Fighter
-Mega Man
-Food Mascots

Previous:
>>10984500

Street Fighter Waves
Wave 1 - Ryu, Fei Long, Chun Li
Wave 2 - Ken Masters, M. Bison, Dhalsim
Wave 3 - Guile, Cammy, Dee Jay
Wave 4 - Blanka (Deluxe), Sagat (Deluxe), Vega

Street Fighter Exclusives -
Evil Ryu (SDCC)
Alt Player 2 Ryu (Paulmartstore)
Red Chun Li (Target Exclusive)

Street Fighter UNKNOWNS
Alt Player 2 Chun Li
Alt Player 2 Fei Long
Violent Ken (will most likely be SDCC like Evil Ryu but not known for sure)

Megaman Figures
Wave 1 - Mega Man, Ice Man, Fire Man
Wave 2 - Hyper Bomb Mega Man, Elec Man, Cut Man
Wave 3 - Bubble Man, Wood Man, and unhelmeted Mega Man

Food Mascots
Franken Berry
Count Chocula
Boo Berry
Chester Cheetah
>>
>>11011840
From last thread, apparently Jada is using a new factory and new Chun Li figures from the factory and maybe other characters are getting slightly cleaner paint jobs.
Video for reference:
https://youtu.be/yameKu9ZVBI?feature=shared
>>
>>11011847
Note that this is the same factory that the new wave of Bison and Dhalsim, which were really good, are coming from so hopefully we’ll see less paint QC issues going forward
>>
>>11011840
Is the food mascots line over? I thought Chester sold well so I figured we’d have another on the way…
>>
File: chunli-lightning-legs.gif (216 KB, 220x220)
216 KB
216 KB GIF
>>11011840
why are toy companies so shit at posing figures? chun li would fall over in an instant with her back leg like that. it's like they never take more than 5 minutes to match a pose.
>>
I'm mostly happy with my Jada Ryu and Fei Long, but I was surprised that the elbows and knees use Hasbro style soft ratcheting joints, Is it just an American toy company thing to use soft ratchets joints for figure joints instead of friction joints or stronger ratchets?
>>
>>11012381
It's cheaper, yeh.
>>
>>11011840
Feels like the Mega Man died so quickly. Is it because there isn't a game?
>>
>>11012398
Honestly Mega Man just isn’t that popular and most people just want Mega Man if they do want figures. This whole line depends on people wanting the robot masters and I just don’t think the desire is there.
>>
>>11012398
MM line isn't dead, it's a lot of parts reuse + wave 1 has sold well. We'll get more after wave 3.
>>
>>11012381
Finally someone confirms it. Literally everyone Ive asked about these having soft ratchets gave a super vague answer that dodged the question entirely and tried to make these seem near import quality. People seem to just involuntarily shill for things thesedays despite having no affiliation with the company other than being an average consumer.
>>
>>11012404
How do you know they’ve sold well? I’m just curious, I’d love for that to be the case but I’m not so sure.
>>
>>11012479
Mega Man and Fire Man have both sold out before and been restocked on BBTS. We can also see that Mega, Fire, and Ice Man have sold 600, 300, and 100 units respectively in the last month on Amazon while Ryu and Chun are 400 and 300. Those are pretty good numbers this late into their release.
Fire Man and Ice Man are also dogshit figures so I'm hopeful that fan favorites like Cut and Elec will blow them out or the water.
>>
>>11012463
I've been saying this for months but every time I do I get dog piled and shit on. They're fine figures but they're really no better feeling than a Marvel Legend.
>>
The Street Fighter figures have hit where I live. I'll admit I was hesitant at first about these and while some stuff isn't perfect I can say without any bias that they are pretty good for what they are. They feel better to handle than a typical Marvel Legend and I'm happy that Bison's cape actually looks good for being a wired cape. Happier more that it isn't a sculpted one too.

They're good figures and definitely deserve some prsise but some people way overblow them. That being said I do hope they continue so that we get a decently big cast out of them as well as the quality remaining consistent.

TLDR: Good figures for their price point. Fuck off shills. Hope for the best.
>>
>>11012866
for me it's just extremely refreshing to get a non marvel/starwars/dc license and not have to pay $80 luxury prices for it. people actually want affordable figures that aren't made by hasbro or mcfarlane, who would have thought?
>>
>>11012888
Which I'm in total agreement with. Any half-decent popular property shouldn't just be restricted to import figures since some people just want to grab a half-decent figure off the shelf when shopping around.
>>
>>11012896
Toys are going to be gone from retail within the next 5 years. Calling it now. I mean, where can you even go buy physical ,movies anymore outside of specialty shops?
>>
>>11012900
Target, Walmart, and plenty of other stores still sell physical movies. Best Buy stopped selling them, but that’s about it.
>>
>>11012398
The issue is that a lot of people want Robot Masters, but they might only want a few total across a very wide range of games. My three most wanted RMs might not have any overlap with your three at all.

Something like Castlevania would be a lot more straightforward to do.
>>
>>11013296
>a lot of people want robot masters
source?
>>
>>11013301
Just conjecture, but I would guess most people that are interested enough to follow the line would buy a few RMs. There just isn't an obvious list to draw from.
>>
>>11012398
>Feels like the Mega Man died so quickly. Is it because there isn't a game?
it's because Fire Man is the only good one so far
>>
>>11012844
>Fire Man and Ice Man are also dogshit figures
What makes them dogshit? I think Elec Man and wave 3 look better than what they've released so far though.
>>
File: pink chunli.jpg (224 KB, 800x800)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
I was confused initially thinking this was the one with the victory pose stuff. I like the red but guess I'm still gonna wait for the pink one, whenever that is happening.
>>
>>11012900
The Walmart near my home has gutted what was already a paltry toy section. It's been over a year since they had anything remotely worth picking up. I don't know if it's an outlier or if "super" Walmarts have different priorities, but I wouldn't be surprised if the action figures aisle is eventually absorbed into the diecast cars and blind box junk section.
>>
>>11011840
>>11013331
>no you can't have Mega Man
>here's 20 Chump Li recolors
I hate Shit Fighter
I hate Shit Fighter
>>
File: 1599954275167.gif (1.47 MB, 236x250)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>>11013341
>complaining about two recolors of Chunners while wanting more of a line that's going to have a Mega Man recolor in practically every wave
>>
>>11013324
I really meant to say
>dogshit characters
especially in comparison to Cut Man or Bubble Man, they have very weak designs. As far as toys? Yeah they're great and I've been close to buying them so my Mega Man can fight some robot masters early. We each have long lists of Wily numbers we want, here's hoping they get to Pharaoh Man.
>>
it's going to suck if they lock all the fun accessories behind recolors. I'm not going to buy tan guile just so I can get a comb hand.
>>
Finally found a single Ken and two red Chun-Li's today amongst the five Fei Longs that have been hanging around my Target since October of last year. Grabbed the Ken so at least now I have him to go with Ryu. I had almost given up hope that they'd ever re-stock any of the Street Fighter figs after bootleg Bruce stunk up the shelf for so long but this has me optimistic for the moment. Feel like I'm going to be fucked ever seeing regular (Blue) Chun-Li there now though and the red does nothing for me.
>>
>>11013554
It's a shame. Fei Long is actually pretty great. Of Ryu, Ken, Fei, and Chun it's my favorite. Not surprised that he's selling the weakest, though.
>>
>>11013554
Just buy Chun online.
>>
>>11012856
I did see criticism for these figures before but all of that easily got swept up by the insane schizos haterbonering on Jada toys as a whole. This isnt just toys either almost everything in our world has devolved into extreme shilling and extreme hatred and its extremely hard to find the true narrative for anything. Its only when the dust settles with enough mentally stable people experiencing said thing where the true narrative finally starts coming out.
Clownworld, being normal isnt normal anymore.
>>
>>11013559
He's probably the most boring, visually. But, like, Bruce Lee.
>>
File: IMG_9806.jpg (115 KB, 1440x935)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>11013498
comb hand will be with base Guile apparently kinda surprising
>>
>>11013301
You're the reason why every Mega Man line dies, then.
>>
>>11013559
Fei Long is awesome. I never even saw him in stores, I had to order him online.
>>
>>11013725
Yes true, filtering for people who actually own figures reduces the amount of hatemongering schizos from dozens to almost none and shills from ten to just five. The shilling is still pretty high on this board but nothing compared to places like discord and reddit.
>>
>>11013725
Not necessarily. I've seen trolls post bad photoshops on this board before when engaging in company wars squabbles.
>>
>>11013822
Brand wars faggots are such faggots. What even causes mental illness like this?
>>
>>11013822
Yep, people on this board will go to great lengths just to lie.
>>
>>11013876
No true identity and a need to belong.
>>
>>11014009
Seems that way considering most of these shitters dont even seem to own any toys let alone anything from the product lines they bitch or obsess over constantly. Serious mental illness.
>>
Rainbow Mika or
Sakura Kasugano when?
>>
>>11012856
The articulation range, paint and number of accessories is better than a Marvel Legend. The joints are similar soft ratchets though
>>
>>11011840
I like that the Jada guy seems to be fighting for this to be reasonably priced. The hosts are total shills though.
>>
>>11015238
so david is still coming out?
he got announced for feburary of this year and we still have heard/seen jack
>>
>>11015248
Apparently, it's because they're spending a lot of time to get things right and they're fairly satisfied with the results.

Lucy's gonna be 30 bucks, less soft goods because she's a skank, but apparently more accessories.

David's 45 bucks, not sure about accessories, but he's got the cloth goods. His back/spine is painted and while the pants are not supposed to come off, apparently you can take it off and they've done shading for his legs.
>>
>>11015260
Those are good prices. I thought they were gonna be $50.
>>
>>11015238
>>11015248
>>11015260
>>11015289
Cyber punk was fucking dogshit no one is gonna be buying these.
>>
File: dante.jpg (109 KB, 1200x800)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
Can we expect them to reveal new lines this SDCC, hopefully Devil May Cry or Resident Evil?
>>
I wish Jada would get Castlevania.
>>
>>11015329
I want them to get Metal Gear and all the former Eidos/SquarEnix licenses
>>
>>11015291
the hype might have slowed down since it's been a while since the anime aired but i wouldn't go as far to say that no one will buy it.
i would buy it.
>>
>>11015328
I'm afraid they'll overextend and we'll suffer with worse toys instead of just modest release schedules. A little experience goes a long way, but there are limits. I might feel differently if they announced something I really care about, but I think we've benefited from their relatively small scale to a degree that some people aren't appreciating.
>>
>>11015238
watched an interview with Juhn recently, seems like a cool guy that's really concerned with making the best toys possible. Jada is probably my favorite US toy company right now, it feels like they're trying to show us what's possible in the face of major corporate greed from the likes of Hasbro or Mattel.
>>
>wasting decent toys on a shitty fighting game license

How many times has M Bison canonically died now?
>>
>>11015329
It'll be the shitty Netflix series if they do

>cut Grant because some has-been 90s comic writer doesn't like him
>>
>>11015384
>Netflix
Maybe, but unless that were the condition for getting the license I don't think Jada would do that.
>Grant
To be fair most people don't care about him. He's by far the least popular character in Castlevania III.
>>
>>11015449
Shut the fuck up, Grant is a good character. Netflix fucked up.
>>
>>11015329
Unironically if Jada can keep up the low price, but higher quality, I’ll take any license they can get. I wasn’t ever the most into street fighter and I’ve never played a single mega man game but I’m picking up every single one of those releases just because they’re damn good toys.
>>
>>11015341
Deus Ex toys would be neato.
>>
>>11015745
Same here. It's exciting to be into a toyline just due to the price-to-quality ratio again. We don't get much of that kind of thing anymore.
>>
Yu Knoe who Jada needs to make?
>>
>>11016145
GAME
OVERRRRRRRR
>>
>>11016145
M. Basedon
>>
>>11016145
FOR I BEHELD SATAN AS HE FELL FROM HEAVEN
>>
>>11016145
Somebody write to them
>>
>>11016145
For you, the day Jada made a Raul Julia Bison toy was the most important day of your life.

For me? It was Tuesday.
>>
>>11016145
Do they have the movie license though?
>>
When the hell can I preorder Cammy?
>>
>>11016374
Definitely not, getting the movie license itself wouldn’t be too bad, but negotiating for likenesses would be rough, I’m sure Jean Claude Van Damme, Kylie Minogue, and Raul Julia’s estate would want too much money to make it worth it.

>>11016378
That wave hasn’t gone up for preorder yet.
>>
>>11016374
>>11016391
You'd probably be better of getting their Bison and a custom printed/molded Raul Julia head.
>>
>>11016378
>>11016391
she's up for pre-order on hobby-genki
as well as evil ryu
>>
>>11016420
it's autistic but I really don't like Jada's arm design, single biggest problem I have with the line. shoulders and biceps are so small and they're excessively pinched at the elbow.
>>
>>11015328
>Resident Evil
Never happening, unfortunately. Some fuckery about the rights.
>>
>>11016420
>evil ryu
huh wasn't he last years exclusive? why would he be preorder
>>
>>11016495
I can see what you mean. Deejay almost looks like a bst figure there.
>>
>>11016495
Would you prefer McFarlane arm design?
>>
>>11016391
I forgot Kylie Minogue was in that movie, which is really random looking back
>>
>>11016391
Are those the only famous people in it? I can't think of any other notable people.
>>
>>11016420
Deejay looks too skinny here...in all his original artwork he's absolutely ripped.
>>
>>11016598
Ming-Na Wen, as Chun-Li. Best known as voice of Mulan, Melinda in Agents of Shield, or Fennec Shand in various Star Wars shows. She also voiceacted in some iconic 90s cartoons like Jimmy Neutron and Hey Arnold, and some adult ones like Spawn.
>>
I still can't find these at Target.
>>
>>11016614
Try Wal Mart.
>>
>>11016608
It might just be the angle.
>>
>>11016616
I thought they were only at target
>>
>>11016624
iirc in canada, they're at walmarts
>>
>>11016624
Oh, right, sorry. You have to also be in Canada.
>>
File: 9v098icy.png (1.24 MB, 1111x1395)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
Juhn is toy jesus and we must protect him at all cost.
>>
>>11016614
Fei Long is stacked to the ceiling pegwarming at Target here.
>>
>>11011840
What happened to the jurassic park explorer diecast?
>>
>>11016691
Who do we think will pegwarm from the SF2 roster? I’m assuming DeeJay and THawk will as well. Could see Balrog, Vega, and maybe Zangief as well. Curious what others think.
>>
>>11016702
The minorities probably will. Dhalsim and Honda maybe, if they get around to that one.
>>
>>11016709
If E Honda pegwarms I’ll be upset
>>
>>11016772
Yeh, me too really. I'm not sure people like fat guys.
>>
>>11016673
First time ever I understand this type of dickriding. Even if I didn't want to buy the entire line, this is the first time a guy from the industry has been this open about everything going on. Incredibly interesting to hear what types of processes are going on and what is important to different types of companies. Is there anything speaking against McFarlane and Hasbro being this open about their figures? McFarlane does interviews in his free time once in a blue moon but it's usually so he can suck his own dick while talking very little about legit challenges and how he attempts to be better than before. Can't recall any interviews with Hasbro's people
>>
>>11016702
Deejay is a given. THawk? Probably less. Balrog and Vega? Zangief? Hell no. Probably all of the Super Turbo except for Cammy will sell less but the OGs will definitely sell like hot cakes
>>
>>11016787
it was only a matter of time until someone got tired of the bullshit and brought realness to the game. Juhn is the GOAT
>>
>>11016787
I don't constantly bring up Jada but do I mention them from time to time. I wouldn't say their figures are import quality since there is clear difference in the types of joints used. However they're using proper neck and torso articulation, with a decent amount of accessories, in franchise unique packaging, all for 25 bucks. Hell I don't even care about Fei Long and I bought him to be a toony Bruce Lee in my collection which I wouldn't have done if I thought the line was just worthless. For a company that's mainly been diecast cars they hit the road running with their action figures. If Juhn got his boss to dip their toes into action figures because of his own fondness for them than it shows.
>>
>>11016877
>in franchise unique packaging
Is this honestly a big selling point?
>>
>>11016881
For in box collectors like myself and others, yes.
>>
>>11016881
Not for me but it's a cool step in making them stand out. In contrast Hasbro is moving to a same box style across all their action figure lines. I don't keep figures in their box unless I have no room, which I don't have for everything. Having a cool little arcade box to keep the unused accories in for the SF characters is cool though.
>>
>>11016881
I don't keep anything in box or save packaging, but I do like seeing cool packaging. It's keeping some of that excitement of finding a toy on the pegs alive. That feeling of wanting to just stare at every inch of the box on the car ride home. And Jada's is some of the coolest I've seen in a while in the US. Megaman was decent, but the SFII arcade cab ones were downright brilliant. I almost want to nab one to keep MISB, cause it's that cool.
>>
>>11016608
he has the same torso and arms as ryu and ken. while it makes sense for jada to streamline the differences between the medium build fighters it's definitely not ideal, guile and deejay were always noticeably bigger than the shotos.
>>
>>11016978
I swear their Ryu gets more and more orange every time I see him
>>
>>11015291
>Cyber punk was fucking dogshit
You never played it, nor watched the anime. Why do you bother giving your opinion? I know it's sort of expected to be negative on 4chan, but it's not a requirement. It's okay to like things.
>>
>>11015291
>look at me I'm a retarded contrarian!
>>
File: dickriding.png (274 KB, 970x755)
274 KB
274 KB PNG
>>11016787
I'm dick riding till they they take over the DC line, and then i'll dick ride even harder. It's very refreshing seeing a more in depth look into the fig industry, and he said he'd like to incorporate more import style engineering into the figs as well.
>>
>>11016709
dhalsim isn't gong to pegwarm, original world warrior and the 4 bendy arms are a crazy value. thawk at the deluxe figure price is definitely going to pegwarm if any of them do.
>>
>>11017039
eh, while they're definitely doing some interesting things, the sculpted clothing, pvc gis on ryu and ken, dhalsim getting 4 bendyarms at the default price, I'm not really floored by their quality. the default male buck has its share of wonkiness and several of the head sculpts have been bordering on bad. what's really novel about jada is doing multiple untapped licenses at the $20-30 pricepoint. getting weighed down by the DC license would kill most of their appeal to me.
>>
>>11017060
Dude, you gotta cut em some slack. They are a diecast car manufacturer that is trying their hand at making action figures for the first time. The fact they got so much right instantly is nothing short of miraculous.
>>
>>11017060
I like cloth for capes but a cloth gi would just look odd since it'd float over the body. I like the very soft plastic they used as it still looks like it's part of the figure without being intrusive in any way.
>>
>>11016702
Isn't Fee Long already pegwarming?
>>11016709
>Minorities
Who counts as a minority in a line with characters from all over the world?
As for potential pegwarmers, all SF characters outside of SF2, except for Sakura, Juri, Luke and Rashid.
>>
>>11017064
This isn't their first action figure line. They were doing toys for that Robocop reboot from 10 years ago.
>>
>>11017142
no I was unclear, I meant that's been one of the good aspects.
>>
>>11017294
God those sucked. I remember those...
>>
>>11016555
re-issue/extra stock they had.
>>
>>11017294
Oh, I didn't realize that was them. It must have been an entirely different team, those things sucked so bad (plus it was a decade ago). Their recent figures show absolutely nothing in common with that old Robocop line.
>>
>>11017317
>>11017344
Yeah, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but they feel like a completely different company now. I wish someone would ask Juhn about it.
>>
>>11017291
>Who counts as a minority in a line with characters from all over the world?
The ones that aren't common to where those figures are purchased.
>>
Jada did those Universal Monsters figures, right?
>>
File: IMG_8155.jpg (149 KB, 1179x1028)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
Preternia's getting the Violent Ken in a few days
Thank fuck they fixed the Shoryuken effect
>>
>>11017501
what was wrong with it? i don't remember what it looked like in the leak image
>>
>>11017481
yeah, tbqh I'd recommend the neca universal monsters unless you really need to save $10, at least drac and frank, much more smartly used articulation.
>>
File: IMG_8156.jpg (53 KB, 640x633)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>11017503
They based it off the frame of animation before it completely covers his arm
>>
>>11017524
ah, that's a good change then. that one in the leak just looks like a recolor of a lightning effect from the lightning collection
>>
File: IMG_9839.jpg (167 KB, 1284x1269)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
oh it’s beautiful
>>
>>11017561
I was wondering why she had two of the same heads. One has white buns instead of pink so I can use on my original one or the target one.
>>
>>11017566
Target one has the pink buns as well
>>
San Diego Comic Con's not too far off now. The next wave of Street Fighter toys is probably gonna be shown off there. The only characters we have yet to see are Honda, T. Hawk, Balrog, Zangief and Akuma.

Personally I'm interested to see how they handle Balrog. He doesn't really need extra hands since he's always wearing the boxing gloves. Will they compensate by giving him an extra head, or will they go ahead and give him a pair of fists without the gloves??
>>
File: Snapshot - 2.png (3.8 MB, 1920x1080)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB PNG
>>11017793
i doubt it. i hope for boxer, we get something like what storm did with his dash straight, the dust cloud effect.
personally though, i'm excited for honda, so i can have a 1/12 version of my secondary main
>>
>>11017501
why hes called violent ken?
>>
>>11017501
the barrels are the best part of the set
>>
>>11017566
>Action figure cosmetic DLC
This is really giving me the true Street Fighter experience, thanks Jada.
>>
>>11018245
Just buy the player 1 ver and ignore the rest as if it doesnt exist
>>
>>11018245
I mean you get a whole other figure out of it too. If they’re gonna keep the price down, not every figure is gonna come with all of the character’s accessories.
>>
File: 1709406169835474.png (2.64 MB, 1467x1808)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB PNG
>>11018290
>Get a duplicate figure
>>Be grateful you little consumer worm, you can't expect a figure to come with all the accessories it's supposed to

What is this, a mcfarlane line now?
>>
>>11018300
You would have a point if the main releases were accessory-starved, but they aren't.
>>
>>11018300
I wasn’t saying you should be grateful, but if you’re so against the DLC, the first release is perfectly fine as this anon said. >>11018284
>>
>>11018302
>>11018304
At least McFarlanes are easy to find and come out on time.
>>
>>11018305
oh it’s you
>>
>>11011840
Finally found a Chun Li mini metalfig for $4 at a thrift shop
>>
>>11018304
I don't know it just seems kind of dismal that all the fun accessories are gonna be behind the p2 paywall.
>>
>>11018377
Then make your own it's not that hard.
>>
>>11018425
Then you make them and sell them to me.
>>
>>11018458
He can only make shit posts.
>>
>>11017561
I don't like this trend of giving these variants way more accessories which can't be used for past figures. Chun Li and Ryu are completely unable to use alternative heads because the colours don't match. That's an even bigger disappointment because you don't get the heads in the original versions to begin with
>>
AmiAmi now has the Guile, Cammy, Deejay wave up for preorder as well as Evil Ryu who I guess is getting a reissue. I got in after he came out so I’m glad I waited, he’ll probably have better paint than that first one did as well.
>>
>>11018548
while they definitely could have fibbed the color of chun's buns they're between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the skintones on p2 variants. the weirdness of stuff like brown guile or coal black dhalsim is half the appeal.
>>
File: IMG_9862.jpg (283 KB, 960x1280)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
I just received this Mega Man from BBTS. I love the figure, I knew I was going to after having the Jada Street Fighter figures.
But he came straight out of the box with a todo scrape, a leg defect, and the extra head also has a scrape.
Would you guys try to swap it out for another, or just live with it? It wouldn’t bother me too much if the figure was used, but it is brand new.
>>
>>11018671
If it was just one thing I'd say it's no biggy but 3+ is a bit much. Bbts is supposed to be good about replacements so I'd contact them. Worst case scenario you could take it all as battle damage.
>>
>>11018671
Why do i see ppl adding the arm blaster to the hand socket instead of the actual arm? I ve seen this multiple times and Im starting to believe these ppl never played mega man or just retarded.
>>
>>11018880
It's probably moreso not realizing they can safely remove the arm at the elbow. At first I wasn't sure if both arms could but said fuck it it doesn't make sense otherwise and just pulled at the elbow on both sides.
>>
>>11018880
>>11019047
I actually kind of like it, makes it look like the blaster is even more upgraded
>>
>>11019098
That sounds hilarious, do you remember which video that was?
>>
>>11018671
looks liek a bootleg
>>
I haven't seen the newest interview with Juhn being posted here so I might as well post it here because I just finished watching it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e15Mm_8F4zs

Say what you want about the line but the guy is a blessing for the toy industry
>his own biggest critic to a point where people like specific things while he's all "I could have done better here"
>explains the exact process of how the figures are made and why there are delays
>constantly trying to manage people's expectations
>basically making the figures for himself so he's pedantic about every step of the way
>explains why minor details aren't true to the source material due to the owning company's mandates (does anyone actually give a fuck about Vega's glove colour?)
Dude seems like a total bro. I wish every toy company gave one of their turbo nerds a go at their lines

Him literally going "It's obviously not the financially smart thing to do but I don't care lol" cracked me up. Jada not being too deep in the action figure segment is the only way they can let this happen
>>
>>11019708
>"It's obviously not the financially smart thing to do but I don't care lol"
ok dont jew us on the accessories then if you're so altruistic
>>
>>11019725
Didn't he state in earlier interviews (maybe even this one) that the recolours are a cheap way of getting more product plus accessories out there? He also stated that they are lucky the recolours are part of the lore so they can churn out stuff without changing the actual figures that much but only put in additional accessories

I agree with you, I'd also rather take the accessories they put into the recolours with the regular figures. Either the additional accessories are made way later in the process or they are trying to get people to buy the additional figures through the accessories

The good thing is that effect pieces can easily be bought on Aliexpress for cheap
>>
>>11019736
It's easy mold reuse thats for sure. If I was them I'd just reuse the exact same stuff to save money and put it all into the main figures. But maybe there is a significant amount of people who really do buy the recolor just for 1 or 2 accessories.
>>
>>11019725

He was talking about making most characters besides Ryu/Ken unique sculpts even though they could have easily just done more re-use like Deejay and Guile just being the same upper body and stuff like that
>>
>>11019708
I think a lot more people were upset about Ryu’s gloves being red, but they thankfully fixed that with the player 2 so you can body swap. Which looking at anything Ryu nowadays he has the red gloves, so it makes sense Capcom would make them do that.
>>
Still thinking about JADA Edge Runners
>>
>>11019914

Something no one seems to really notice, may have been one of the same mandates, these are supposed to be SF2 specifically but Chun-Li has more of a modern boot design. It's probably for the best, the SF2 sprite has tiny little boots basically
>>
Say Jada did get the RE license, who would the waves look like?
-RE1 Jill
-RE2 Leon
-Nemesis

Wave 2
-RE1 Chris
-CV Claire
-Tyrant

Wave 3
-RE0/RE1 Rebecca
-RE5 Wesker
-Hunter

And so on, we would need a zombie, maybe one that can mix and match somewhere as well, although that probably would be a few waves in. But I’m thinking two characters and a BOW per wave.
>>
>>11019927

apparently there is some complicated rights issue making it not happen, SF2 design homie already looked into it
>>
File: IMG_8190.png (1.24 MB, 1331x666)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>11019725
He's really not: they've got the same amount of accessories the Figuarts have
>>
>>11019989
It’s funny how the Jada figure has the way better face and likeness despite being like 1/3 of the cost
>>
>>11020011
Bandai's sculptors consistently struggle with that kind of thing, and their best sculpting sometimes shows up in unexpected places (I thought the old DBZ Shodo line was consistently better than what SHF were putting out, even ignoring the massive size difference). That said, I've liked all of the Jada Street Fighter sculpts so far and it's the best all of these characters have looked as toys in my opinion.
>>
>>11020041
>I've liked all of the Jada Street Fighter sculpts so far and it's the best all of these characters have looked as toys in my opinion.

They really do capture a lot of the vibes of the SFII art from the early 90s. I'd prefer the faces looked more like the movie designs maybe but they're good and getting better. Dhalsim in particular looks perfect imo
>>
>>11019927
Gimme Barry or gtfo.
>>
>>11019944
Capcom did a survey to gauge interest but most people probably voted for more cheap statues and Funk Pops/Nendos.
>>
>>11020170
Why would they possibly do that?
>>
>>11020170
I fucking hate normalfags
>>
Cammy never
>>
>>11020460

yeah
>>
>>11020460
Just venting anon
>>
>muh hecking RE bro
how many times do we have to explain the RE shit that people already asked him about a million different times
it's not happening
>>
>>11020624
Yeah but what if
>>
Finally found Dhalsim again at target so now I have all of wave 2. Are they starting to show up now in-store and online?
>>
>>11020011
>>11020041
>>11020053
Yeah, I've been looking for a perfect Ryu headsculpt for ages. They're always wrong in one way or another. Jada's is the most overall pleasing I have found so far. When I find my SHF Ryu he is getting sold immediately.
>>
>>11020624
I will have an official Barry 6 inch figure some day, dammit.
>>
Anyone see those alt Chun heads being sold to replace the Jada sculpt on Gundamit? Kind of insane that they’re charging more than the figure price, but I believe it comes in two skin tones..
>>
File: org6916_0_41127.jpg (50 KB, 800x600)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>11020788
Hopefully soon.
>>
>>11020788
Are we wishlisting? Final Fight is SF adjacent nowadays, I'd like to see them get made.
>>
>>11021170
Streets of Rage would be great.
>>
>>11021170
Ace Attorney is my never ever from Jada, even if they could just give us Wright and Edgeworth I’d be a happy man.
>>
>>11021225
jakks has dibs.
>>
>>11021251
Oh, right, right... I forgot. What scale is that one, 5 inch?
>>
>>11021170
>Final Fight is SF adjacent nowadays

Always has been, game was originally gonna be SF2. FF characters have then been in SF games since 1995.
>>
File: 7d46d34928.png (357 KB, 850x512)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>11021137
Quality third party heads are often expensive. It's arguably the most important part of a figure, it's where you focus in photos, it's where you look first, so there is a lot of pressure to nail the details nicely. It's not unheard of to pay $40-50 for single really well-made heads on the aftermarket.

That said, I do not like these heads at all. It just doesn't feel right for Chun-Li, she looks so cocky, bordering on villainous even.
>>
>>11021717
That is only because the people paying those prices have more money than sense
>>
>>11021755
eh

if the market exists that means there are enough picky people to sustain it. there are figures I HATED that became favorites after a headswap, so it can be quite a significant change.
>>
>>11021763
40 or 50 + 25 = $65 or $75. Import tier pricing for a domestic. Crazy.
>>
>>11021717

If that's anything like the final product they can keep it. Tiny little lips, overly pointy chin, and way too much eye makeup. Looks gross.
>>
>>11021781
The fact that I like the domestic so much that I would consider spending that money upgrading it really says something, don't it? I genuinely like my Jada more than my SHF or my Storm, both of which cost far more.
>>
>>11021717

i like it but agree. She looks super mischievous.

No real pictures? Whats the diffrence between white or yellow. I might order one for lols so my dlc chun-li looks different.
>>
>>11022015
I think yellow is for Jada, white is for SHF
>>
>>11021814
I legit would love some affordable six inch zombie figures.
>>
>>11021717
Renders never look like the finished product anyway
>>
>>11021170
oh my god Final Fight would be so fucking good, the three heroes, the bosses, the mooks. fuck I would buy that entire line in a heartbeat.
>>
Sonic Blast Man stuff would be fun.
>>
>>11021717
thanks for the heads up on this i will definitley be monitoring it. especially since i have the jada and shf chunners and a working on a custom with the romankey body
>>
>>11021717
>the overly plastic surgeried kpop look
gross.
>>
File: funinthechun.jpg (325 KB, 1080x1920)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>>11021717
>>
>>11012955
In 3 years you will say only walmart and best buy stopped. In 5 years you will say only walmart, best buy and target stopped but you can still get them at small local specialty stores like FYE where it will cost 50 bucks a BD
>>
>>11022788
comparing toys to movies is apples to oranges anyways, movies are still in demand there are just far more convenient cheaper means to experience them. toys are sinking in demand but still have no alternative to buying a physical object.
>>
>>11022813
Todd: Hold my digital beer.
>>
>>11023014
kek
>>
>>11022813
>toys are sinking in demand but still have no alternative
Sure they do: it's called videogames. Your mistake is thinking it's about the physical properties of the item, no, it's more about the entertainment value. Most kids don't care if an item is physical or not, they care that it's fun. And games can offer so much more bang for your buck and lasting enjoyment and the ability to play online with friends. How can a toy compare?
>>
>>11023475
They clearly do compare because most people who buy toys also play video games
>>
>>11023476
Cite your data set
>>
>>11023475
yeah I was aware of this response when I made the post, it's still different. a mode of purchase is different than a thing in itself. culture is going to be more hesitant to delete a form entirely rather than a particular way it's packaged and sold.
>>
>>11023815
Todd is leading the way into the digital action figures dystopia where the form will change and delete the physical because it's too expensive to make things anymore
>>
>>11015260
>Apparently, it's because they're spending a lot of time to get things right and they're fairly satisfied with the results.
hope that means they're working to fix the faces
>>11015291
I am absolutely buying them.
>>
>>11015238
Nobody wants this trash
>>
>>11024051
>>
>>11024559
I personally don't, but I'm glad it exists for those that do. Thinking them doing this would take away them doing some other line is dumb. It's likely this ip was easy to get for them, or Juhn just really likes it.
>>
>>11023815
It's not so much as "culture deleting it" but more that if tastes change and sales start to fall of steeply enough, there will be less and less toys on shelves to buy. Hasbro and Mattel don't even have to die for this to happen. Target or Wal-Mart can just refuse to order any if they perceive them as poor enough sellers. I'm not sure if it still works this way, but toy companies used to have to market hard to these guys, the ones in charge of the big box stores. They were the ones to impress if you wanted your toys at retail.

If this does come to pass, big companies like Hasbro will likely be forced into an online-only model, or have to make the unenviable choice of trying to open their own stores. I don't really think this will happen anytime soon, but it's interesting to speculate about.
>>
Does anyone with Bison know if his hat is a separate piece? I'd have to think it is, but before I start prying it I'd like to know for sure. On the alt head (which I prefer) the hat is slightly askew, so I'd like to fix that if possible. If it's separate then some heat and prying should get it off.
>>
>>11025275
what do you mean a separate piece? like how ryu's hair is?
>>
File: 20240609_112253.jpg (529 KB, 1513x2115)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
>>11025275
Ta dah.
>>
>>11025325
Zombie Bison
>>
>>11025389
It's ok, he got better. Amusingly the SF6 Bison seems to have amnesia, so the lobotomy kind of tracks.

On the topic of the first 2 waves (Ryu, Ken, Chun, Fei, Bison, Dhalsim) which figure(s) would you all consider essential.
>>
File: PXL_20240409_180527301.jpg (332 KB, 4032x2268)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>11025393
ryu, ken, chun and dictator
the first two have been in every street fighter, ryu and chun are capcom's main reps for the street fighter series in crossover games, and dictator's been the big bad since forever
>>
>>11025393
All of them except Fei Long. When people think SF, they think SF2. The original SF2.
>>
>>11025418
I wouldn’t think of evil ryu
>>
>>11025418
I mean sure you can make this argument, but Fei Long is an awesome figure, possibly one of my favorites from Jada even, and >>11025393 never said "original SFII cast only." Besides, he's been in the franchise for so long at this point, he's barely newer than any of the SFII cast. He's not like, some newcomer that was invented in 2018 or something, he was introduced a mere 2 years after the others.
>>
>>11025418
Joke's on you Fei Long is the only one I got. Well ok I got Bison too.
>>
>>
>>
>>11026459
>>11026462
hmm I’m not sure how to feel about this I don’t really get how the glow in the dark equates to flaming hot
>>
>>11026462
Pretty cool. If it's available locally I'd probably get it. I'm a sucker for gitd toys.
>>
>>11026459
>>11026462
>spicy version
>transparent parts
>>
>>11026462
will we get a spyro subway variant?
>>
>>11024051
I don't want them either but you're stupid if you don't think there isn't plenty of demand for these. Tons of people have been saying how they would buy them
>>
wasn't expecting a wired cape for Bison. These figs are unbelievably good for the cost.
>>
>>11026459
>>11026462
Cheeto guy: 2
Proto Man: 0
>>
>>11026459
>>11026462
>>11026467
>I don’t really get how the glow in the dark equates to flaming hot
Given that they backlit him, I think they were going for "glowing embers." I will definitely buy this, I love GITD toys and the original Chester was a fantastic figure, but I just wish they'd make him translucent red instead. I think it would give it a lil extra punch.
>>
>>11026946
Also, some blackened scorch marks on his cheeto club would have been a nice touch too if they didn't wanna do the red.
>>
>>11026837
Wired capes really aren't that much to make.
>>
>>11026946
Now I want the Hawaiian Punch guys.
>>
>>11026949
They are more than their plastic alternatives, and the issue is usually getting a factory that knows how to work with fabrics, because it isn't as simple as a mold and painting that most toy factories do. Assuming the factory can do them, the cost isn't that prohibitive (when it was less common it used to be that you'd need a separate factory to then ship it to the factory that's making most of the figure), which is why we're starting to see more wired capes like with Bison, and some of McFarlane's recent offerings.
>>
>>11026467
seems like an easy excuse to make a repaint. i have the og and he's a fun meme toy
>>
>>11026876
To be fair the 2nd chester is just a repaint.
and further more, far more people know about chester cheetah than know about mega man, much less proto man
>>
>>11027009
>far more people know about chester cheetah than know about mega man
What a world we live in...
>>
>>11027020
lolsodeep

videogames were a really niche thing in Megaman's most popular era, and he's mostly got no presence in vidya anymore. on the other hand, there is no barrier to entry to shoving cheetos in your mouth
>>
>>11027035
personally I just don’t get the appeal of mega man
>>
File: file.png (51 KB, 955x257)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>11026459
im never gonna get this fucking figure arent i?
>>
File: chunli-3p-revo.jpg (121 KB, 488x614)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
Come one JADA, finish SF II already and start on Alpha/Zero
>>
File: chunli-3p-revo2.jpg (405 KB, 2000x1500)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
>>11027131
>>
>>11027131
seems like its gonna be awhile. also thats quite an apparent diaper on that figure. unfortunately I guess Jada will likely still do something similar. Best thing I've seen a toy company do with female figures is actually just not give them waist articulation at all if they can't hide the point of articulation
>>
>>11027131
>>11027132
Coomers ruined that outfit for me
>>
>>11027131
They've already confirmed they're moving on to 6 after this
I don't think Capcom would allow it anyway: they've gotten very weird with what they allow licensors to make: Ultra Street Fighter 2 from 2017 is the only way they'll allow the classic characters
>>
>>11027243
I wish they do 3rd strike next.
>>
>>11025551
I agree with you, but I watched A Lot of toy reviews and most of them didn't even know who he was.
>>
>>11027329
That doesn't really mean anything though. Toy reviewers and game players don't necessarily have to overlap. And even then, Fei Long isn't big enough that you'd know him if you weren't into fighting games specifically. A ton of reviewers on YouTube aren't familiar with deep lore anyway, because they cover so many different franchises or product types that it's impossible to know them all.
>>
>>11027131
>filename
So, what's this? An unofficial AY-inspired Chun Li to be mass produced?
>>
>>11027338
See, on paper that sounds great, but in reality I don't like her facesculpt and her head seems too big.
>>
>>11027354
Granted, this is a prototype, but the face sculpt's kinda janky too. Shoulders look cruddy and the elbows don't look much better. Neck might be a bit too high. And from the looks of it, there's something wonky going on with her back knees as well. Ankles are meh.

Other than that, it actually seems decent for what it is.
>>
>>11027362
The proportions are so goofy I thought I was looking at an old Microman in the low-res shot.
>>
>>11027111
Probably not the original, but you can get the spicy translucent one.
>>
>>11027354
>>11027362
She seems seven heads tall, and the elbows could very possibly just be posed wrong if they are double jointed; it is a very common mistake when taking pics of AY figures.
What worries me is the extremely long kneecaps. I have no clue what going on with them.
Also it would be nice to have a real SF Alpha head and not just the buns.
>>
>>11027153
You're weakening the gene pool.
>>
>>11027338
>https://33toys.bigcartel.com/product/pre-order-kaiyodo-style-chun-li-1-12-scale-action-figure
>>
>>11027462
damn that’s pricey
>>
File: chun.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1440)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>>11027462
preorder ends this month. he is trying to sell it as fast as possible before the better designed AY prototype gets released.
>>
>>11027387
he never arrived in EU, not gonna happen with the spicy one too
>>
File: IMG_0048.jpg (167 KB, 1080x724)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
Available to purchase in person at SDCC from Jada's booth # 4149 or there will be an online preorder July 25th at noon EST.
>>
File: IMG_0049.jpg (133 KB, 1080x793)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>11027774
>>
File: IMG_0050.jpg (84 KB, 1080x604)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>11027778
>>
File: IMG_0051.jpg (132 KB, 1080x763)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>11027784
>>
File: IMG_0052.jpg (155 KB, 1070x797)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>11027786
>>
File: IMG_0052.jpg (190 KB, 1070x797)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>11027788
>>
File: athena the seamonkey.png (3.26 MB, 2048x2049)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB PNG
>>11027787
begone Athena
>>
>>11027462
Hey thanks, i was wondering about this. If this is a reputable site I might get her, don't have too long to decide
>>
>>11027462
Does anyone know anything about the maker and the store? If I buy the painted version, can I expect it to be a fully functional figure that withstands normal use? Chun Li is my waifu and I'm considering getting the figure, overpriced as it is, but the whole deal of buying it painted or unpainted as well as the partially painted black joints in the pics are not reassuring.
>>
>>11027805
That's a given, he's a furry.
>>
>>11027820
just found a Instagram page
https://www.instagram.com/p/C75l3B9t6-4/?img_index=1

>>11027805
>>11027822
Proof of any of this? I ask knowing that there is not. considering I am slt
>>
>>11027820
>>11027833
Actually rereading the comments the guy in the Instagram is apparently one of the team that is making the figure, not just a reseller
>>
>>11027833
of course you’re interested in the coom li
>>
>>11027844
Yes I am, and in street fighter in general, I have 4 of the figuarts and 4 of the jada at the moment, i missed being able to get all the figuarts so i am happy to be in on the ground floor of getting a collection of jada figures.
I have loved street fighter since i was a kid and lets be honest chun li is popular with alot of people, i am far from alone in that regard
>>
>>11027334
It just makes me nervous. If Fei Long pegwarms, what does that say about every other non-SF2 character? We know that Rashid, who's a pretty cool character, pegwarmed hard despite him being a really fun and solid figure. I hope we aren't destined to endless Ryus and ChunLis while everyone else starves.
>>
>>11027862
Fei Long is a SF2 character, introduced at the same time as Cammy, SF2 Turbo Edition.

Also I think there will be come recolors and variants. They are easier money for a company and helps reduce the cost of tooling for new characters. SF figures are a good area for recolors, as is Mega man, heck they even got a chester cheetah recolor.
>>
>>11027862
Rashid was not cool, he was a stupid character with a shit design. And although a lot of people used him online that doesnt mean he made for a cool toy.
Maybe Jada can gauge sales of the SF line so far, and hit the sweet spot as far as how many figures to produce, so they can avoid money loss and pegwarming.
>>
>>11027862
Rashid pegwarmed because he's a minority.
>>
>>11027899
He's Middle Eastern. Conceivably even worse for a lot of people.
>>
If Jada Fei Long is the "peg warmer" it's probably the design, not the character. Most people that actually like the games want to complete the roster, but casual action figure collectors probably aren't going to be as psyched about some half naked dude. It's a pretty boring design compared to all the rest, and while Ryu and Ken are just "karate gi guys" they have marquee value
>>
>>11027926
Fei Long was modelled after Bruce Lee, though. Isn't Bruce Lee kinda popular?
>>
>>11027862
>what does that say about every other non-SF2 character?
I have no idea what kind of agreement jada struck with capcom but tbqh I really don't need Jada to go the completionist route with the other games after they're done with sf2. I don't need them to take up half their capacity for a decade making the likes of necro and C. viper. make some of the series staples from alpha and then do another property in the capcom library.
>>
>>11027936
Is anyone really wanting, like, Birdie though? I'd argue that people really just want the 16 bit stuff.
>>
>>11027936
Look I just want Resident Evil. Make it happen Jada. You’d become billionaires.
>>
File: bust_cody.gif (8 KB, 221x159)
8 KB
8 KB GIF
>>11027943
>Is anyone really wanting, like, Birdie though?
I mean I kind of want Birdie. Most of the SHA3 were pretty cool.
The real issue is that Fei Long is just sort of boring. I genuinely forgot that he was even in SF2 before Jada reminded me.
>>
>>11027886
Fei-Long and Cammy debuted in Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers, which came out about a year after SF2 Turbo.
>>
Weird question. Could someone that has the Capcom license do stuff based off of their Disney video games?
>>
>>11027957
T. Hawk when?
>>
>>11027943
I do. Birdie actually had three designs: Street Fighter 1 (when he was white), Street Fighter Alpha and Street Fighter V (where vthey made him a fat slob). I want everyone playable. I'm not going to keep collecting this line if that's not a possibility. Same thing with Mega Man, I want all the NES-era Robot Masters, all major and minor characters from the X and Zero series and Tron Bonne and every Roll.
>>
>>11027959
Nah. That's 100% Disney.
>>
>>11027948
I do too, maybe they'll announce something at Comic-con. I think they might tackle bit after USFII.

The only problem with Jada is they don't release many figures. Between MM, SF, Cyberpunk and mascots, they'll realeased 15 or 20 figures this year? And people want to hand them every license under the sun? They're not doing RE until MM or SF are done.
>>
>>11027973
MM is probably already done due to low sales
>>
>>11027973
I'd rather have quality over quantity. But yeh, sucks if you have no interest in those.
>>
>>11027891
>>11027897
>>11027899
Its okay if you personally don't like Rashid, but he obviously made an impact on the fandom. There's a reason he's in Street Fighter 6 and popular characters like Sagat and Sakura aren't.
>>
>>11027943
people definitely would want sakura, and there's a few other classic characters. I think alpha is probably the only other game besides 2 that would justify extended waves.
>>
>>11027975
How would anyone know that?
>>
>>11027975

Designer confirmed it is going to continue with future waves just recently, doomer
>>
>>11027928
Quentin Tarantino ruined his image with 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' and made him a joke meme.
>>
>tons of fei longs clogging shelves
>see a red chun li
>not blue chun li

passed
>>
>>11027975
they've barely released them
>>
>>11027501
AY has the Street Fighter license, don't they? No reason to rush in now with this imperfect third party option, might as well wait and see what Yamaguchi comes up with.
>>
>>11027975
No.
>>
>>11027943
Never liked Birdie but judging from past threads ever since the first Jada announcement came out, there is a lot of love for Alpha characters. I know Juhn perhaps wants to go the SF6 route but Alpha would be a much better choice considering the fandom. I can't imagine people not wanting
>Charlie
>Gen
>Adon
>ROLENTO
>Dan
>Charlie
>Guy
>Rose
>Cody
>R. FUCKING Mika
>>
>>11028543
Someone was saying Capcom is real weird with Alpha and not letting people make stuff from it. I think they would be the barrier there, not Jada. I doubt Juhn has that much pull to make whatever he wants.
>>
>>11028498
I expect AY to make SF6 designs... first?
>>
>>11028547
Wait, hasn't he said in an earlier interview Alpha were an option? I think he only said something about not doing SF 4 (and 5?)
>>
>>11027501
>>11028498
I'm sure the AY is going to be nice ... but let's be honest it's going to be 6s design.

No one other than this guy is doing an alpha version.
>>
>>11027886
The "original" 12 are significantly more popular than the 4 new challengers in many places where arcade game operators didn't bother getting a CPS2 board for SuperSFII and milked World Warrior and Champion Edition forever instead.
And still those 4 new challengers are also quite more popular than most characters after them.

It's tricky to figure what they'd focus on more after II, probably selecting popular characters from here and there from the whole series.
SF6 has the advantage of novelty and promotion, so it's likely that they'll try characters from that.
SFIV was quite succesful, but it was mostly returning characters in classic designs, and its real standout Juri is in SF6 anyways.
Alpha has a lot of love and was much more succesful than III, but it's been a long time from those games. I guess that characters who were in Alpha and IV have somewhat solid chances.
>>
>>11028628
>And still those 4 new challengers are also quite more popular than most characters after them.
By a mile. Which is why I'm curious to see how they handle the line after SFII, because I can't imagine they can handle subsequent games the same way. Even Juri is kept afloat by the semen of coomers worldwide more than being an ouright icon.
>>
Looks like Pink Chun-Li is going to be a SDCC exclusive as well.
>>
>>
File: GP4nZAYXYAALHTL.jpg (541 KB, 1080x771)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
>>
>>11028953
Damnit ... I wanted pink chunners more than red chunners
>>
>>11028897
I would argue that the ocean of coomers brute forced her into icon status.
>>
>>11028543
I could see Juhn being cheeky and just doing the returning SFII characters in a SF6 line and leave it at that.
>>
>>11028897
Juri is more of an icon than Edmond Honda
>>
>>11029412
I don't see that happening at all desu. I rather see them doing the newer characters like the main guy and Ed or that Jamie guy
>>
>>11011840
Has anyone found one yet?
>>
new thread
>>11030239
>>11030239
>>11030239

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.