[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hider stash.jpg (118 KB, 720x540)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
Why??? This seems to be an issue more and more lately. Why are you even looking in the store if you can’t afford to buy what you’re looking for? And then you go and hide it to get later? Just leave it for the next person. It’s a tactic that makes little to no sense and I hope their “stashes” get raided by other toy collectors every time. Hiders are awful people.
>>
>>11074963
I've heard of people hiding stuff and coming back for it so much later that the item is out of the system, and they're able to talk the cashier down to manually entering in a super low price. But if you seriously do that, you need to get your priorities straight.
>>
>>11074963
If you're too poor to afford grabbing a toy you're looking for in the wild and have to resort to hiding it, You probably shouldn't be collecting toys. Just facts.
>>
>>11074963
I almost got kicked out of a Target for looking under one rack not long ago. Manager lost her mind on me. I told her I was a “finder”, not a “hider”.
>>
>>11074963
You guys realize it's probably mainly kids who get told no by their parents doing this, right?
>>
>>11075001
Nah, I completely disagree. Kids aren’t gonna know that bottom shelf lifts up
>>
>>11074966
even that seems like a stretch; most cashiers would just say they simply can't sell you the item if its not in the system and take it from you
i think its just genuinely poorfags who are also too stupid to work a credit card
>>
>>11074963
This reminds me of that one story of the Mario Kart 64 “thief” at toys r us who was later vindicated when the box was found in the back of a sheld
>>
>>11075004
It could also be teenagers who would be able to go online and find such things exist.
>>
File: shupup.jpg (28 KB, 540x307)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>11075001
Ah yeah, the kids who want the Target endorsed repaint of Optimus Prime.
>>
>>11075217
Kids just see
>woah cool truck with a dog robot friend
I mean I would. I got G1 based TFs as a kid even without nostalgia because they looked cool.
>>
>>11075001
Absolutely not, it's definitely manchildren who can't afford it
>>
It's not about being able to "afford it." It's about flipping it months later when it's marked down for clearance.
>>
all me im the boogey man that takes everything you want hahahahahaha
>>
File: 20230819_223036.jpg (53 KB, 228x406)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Its sad they do that.
If it is something I do find under a shelf or stashed elsewhere, if I like it, I'll buy it. If not I'll hide it somewhere else across the fucking store. Haha
>>
I sometimes hide street-dated figures. Sorry about that.
>>
>>11075010
Not really. I'd try to buy candy that gets zeroed, and I name a price or just like pay a buck. Remember the potato chip Reese's? They wouldnt be expired for long neither. They can't sell pre-street-date though
>>
>>11074963
I did this once, there was a toy I wanted but at the time I didn't have the money for it, so I placed it at the back of the shelf to it wouldn't be noticed and picked it up and couple days later.
Mind you I did this when I was a child, a grown adult doing is it sad to see.
>>
>>11075723
Those were kinda decent. Not as odd as it sounds.
>>
>>11074966
That no longer works in the days of networked, nationwide stores. Even something like a Ross, where the employees hate their lives and are underpaid, they don't get to do that, only a manager does.

>>11075204
A few but no one does this on the regular.

>>11075270
It's exactly the same mind set that very carefully takes some crappy thing that Todd McFarlane literally shipped, and puts other crappy things that Todd literally decided to sell, and then returns it to the store and some idiot clerk either doesn't care or doesn't know.
>>
>>11074963
Did they literally lay a towel down under the figures? The fuck?
>>
>>11075001
the shelves are heavy, pal, especially the base decks, that's the work of a manchild so you're half right
>>
>>11075176
I wish people who maliciously hide merchandise so it'll never sell could be charged with theft
>>
>>11076121
so it absorbs the potential floor wax, it's very ratlike behavior

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.