[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1710744498222766.webm (2.95 MB, 640x360)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
Why is leaving America and the American Dream to move overseas looked at negatively?
>>
>>2631845
>used the webm from my /pol/ thread

moocher
>>
>>2631845
>Why is leaving America and the American Dream to move overseas looked at negatively?
By whom? And why do you care?

I’m an American. I’ve lived abroad for most of my adult life at this point. I’ve never encountered any negativity at all in real life, and I’m not even sure I’ve ever seen convincing flak online. I’ve certainly never felt any negativity directed specifically at me, ever.

So who’s viewing you, personally, negatively? Do you respect their opinions? Do they have some influence over you, your life, and your choices?

I can’t help but feel like whatever persecution or denigration you’re thinking of is just in your head.
>>
>>2631845
Maybe not specific to America but normies hate it when men they find subconsciously inferior life mog despite being shorter, autistic, etc. When you are not around all of their jestermaxxing, social games, betabux, slaving years away from zog, etc don’t mean anything.
>>2631860
>in your head
They don’t care about you, but they don’t want you happy either
>>
File: 1705174720783.jpg (681 KB, 2946x1960)
681 KB
681 KB JPG
>it's another "BRICS turdie seethes about the US" thread
rent free lol
>>
>>2631845
because you're escaping the slave plantation and not taking any of the other slaves with you.

They hate you for it. They can only whine because of the existence of the internet.
>>
>>2631845
I don’t view it negatively, I only twist it into something negative because I lack the drive to escape myself and it helps me cope.

I went into a Panda Express on Saturday and had to wait in a long line and none of the people in there were white. Mostly Mexican. I had to keep my hood up to block out the reality. People with brown skin aren’t even human to me. It’s fucking revolting
>>
>>2631895
White people are not nice to be around. This site overrates them. White people culture is antifa fentanyl infested shitholes like Seattle or Portland.
>>
>>2631895
And yet there you are, eating at the same restaurants, living in the same neighborhood, etc.

Accept it, you are white trash.
>>
>>2631845
Niggercattle stuck on the ranch are envious. Ranchers are furious and think you might give the remaining niggercattle ideas.

Note: if you still pay taxes to your country of origin, you are the goodest goy. Not even around to avail of government services but still paying into the system. Poyfect!
>>
>>2631895
If you are stuck in lines with brown people, then you are niggercattle peasants just like them. You aren't "better" because of your skin color, you aren't being victimized. You're trash and you're where you belong, with the scum eating scum slop.

You make the choice every day to join the niggercattle in their lines for their slop. Just stop. Be better. Until you actually try to be better, you don't get to be upset at being a peasant nobody.
>>
>>2631965
I’m not stuck tho I’m leaving in 4 months. These losers probably have kids they didn’t plan to have like the losers I work with who are unironically trapped. I’m just saving money by living in less than ideal areas that white people are too scared to live in.
>>
>>2631960
It comes from the Catholic/Christian white peepo beliefs that suffering is a virtue and they can't stand seeing anyone be happy.
>>
>>2631845
SEA sexpats spamming doomposts on the internet are insufferable retards
>>
>>2631867
>They don’t care about you, but they don’t want you happy either
But who the fuck are “they”? What have they told you, to your face, to make you think like this?

If you’re just extrapolating from online chatter, why waste your time like that?

Personally, I don’t think “they” exist. And I don’t understand why you or anyone should worry about them if they actually did.
>>
>>2631960
That’s “white people culture” after you destabilize it with retarded beliefs of post-modernism or leftism or w/e you wanna call it.

I’m not white but I look the part. I don’t make strong connections with the whites here, but they’re pretty chill in their own right. Having some sort of religious background seems to be a shield for the Portland-tier degeneracy you’ve described.
>>
>>2631860
>By whom?
Many people. Family, coworkers, strangers at a party, even some people I meet abroad (SOME, generally younger women).
>And why do you care?
The American ones who care get physically aggressive and enraged that I don’t want to stay here. It makes them irate and dangerous. The women immediately start threatening me with frivolous lawsuits and false police reports if I persist in moving away. One time a girl told me that she’d break my legs and knock my teeth out if I tried to leave.
>>
>>2631867
This. I get women interrogating me about my finances and how I make money even though I’m NEET. Between their insults and threats, they become angrier and angrier. When I tell them how I don’t like the women here, they start accusing me of human trafficking and saying that I “force” women to date me abroad. Therefore if they “ever catch me leaving again” they’ll call the cops on me. Lol
>>
>>2632542
>>2632543
I believe you
>>
America is a propositional nation. So if the the thing being proposed is somehow off the table, well then all of their life choices would be thrown into question and that’s a hard thing for people to reconcile.
>>
>>2632542
>generally younger women
trying to shame potential betabux from leaving the plantation
>>
Never happier than teaching English in China.

Work a few bullshit hours a day, apartment + meals paid for, plus $3000 on top so I can actually live a decent life. Come home, play vidya, order delivery, rinse repeat. Go out on the weekends, and only spend a fraction of my income to have fun

No Boomer parents constantly harassing me about going back to Uni to pay $20k a year so I can piss away 80% of my income to have a mediocre life.

Mr. Zhao valued me much more as a person than Mr. Goldstein ever has
>>
>>2632004
Most of these posters, including OP, aren't even from the West (or probably some type of brown minority). It's seething turdie shills that spam this board relentlessly. I would be malding too if burgers were constantly traveling to my shithole and the retard coomers made more money than local doctors
>>
>>2632004
>>2632631
I wonder how more people on this board haven't realized this yet. 2631964 reads like textbook Engrish.
>>
>>2631845
anon answers:
>>>/biz/58085691
Reddit is full of people that "did the right thing" their whole life. They turned in their homework on time, they went to bed at curfew, they ate their vegetables, and now that they're adults they put money into their 401k, get an annual physical, and follow all the social rules about what you're supposed to think and do. But they haven't been rewarded for it. The implicit agreement for "doing the right thing" is that you will be rewarded for it down the line, and people who don't do the right thing will be punished. And naturally this sort of compliance leads to very mediocre people. They aren't rich, they didn't get the girl, they aren't cool. When they see people succeeding by doing the opposite of what they sacrificed to do, it angers and confuses them. It's not right that we should make money on shit coins, when they are struggling to pay their college debt. It wasn't fair that PUA guys got pussy when theres a nice guy redditor waiting to hold the door and pay for dinner after youre done fucking her.

Getting rich off of crypto isn't supposed to be how it works. You're supposed to do your homework, go to a good college, get a good job, and slowly pay off all your debt and a 30 year mortgage so you can retire at 65. To them, we're cheating and we should be punished for it.
>>
>>2633228
>>>/biz/58085719
2/2

Their strategy in life is compliance. Thats what they do in every aspect of life, look for authority and comply with authority. They believe if they comply hard enough, they'll be rewarded for it. So whenever anyone doesn't comply and they get rewarded for non compliance, it causes cognitive dissonance, envy, and anger.

Everyone has heard of the fight or flight reflex to danger. But not as many know there is a third strategy called "freeze". Rabits and other prey animals have an instinct to freeze when they are in danger in the hopes that by being very very still the predator will overlook them. Thats what redditors are, they're prey animals that freeze in the hopes that the hawk will take a different rabbit and leave them alone.
>>
>>2633228
>>2633230
You seem to know a lot about reddit.
As bile inducing as reddit users are, I think worse still are the lapsed redditor.
These anons once got their dopamine hits from discussing for weeks on end how collecting marvel figurines would make them reach, but then one day suddenly they grow up and punch into the next level from naive to cynical.
From this viewpoint they punch down and lord over their old brethren taking acidic swipes at them from a place so intimate because they were on the inside but are now apostates.
But for all their newly found cynicism they still don’t understand that none of this shit matters at all. There is no social order, or hierarchy of intelligence or wisdom or coolness in this world, there are only impressionable parrots and buzzwords on the dead internet.
One day soon you’ll realise these conversations are pointless and you should just buy a sex doll molded on the chick from Metroid and spending all day for the rest of your life fucking it until the plastics she is made from give you testicle cancer.
>>
>>2631867
>normies hate it when men they find subconsciously inferior life mog
>jestermaxxing, social games, betabux, slaving years away from zog
Take a break from this site my friend, it's rotting your brain. Maybe do some actual travelling
>>
>>2632543
It's true
>>
>>2631845
https://youtu.be/K7aOQXpgu8o?si=Om7jxcDX3Xh1uNXf
This video explains it.
>>
Why would you care you're leaving the US right? You're not one of the other millions of brain dead idiots who screamed "I'm leaving if DRUMPF gets in office" like in 2016 only to not leave right? Not like the "I live in megaopolis city all my live and it sucks!" right? You have a reason to move, job lined up, a long term feasible plan, and a viable way of getting there correct? You're not just going off memes or social media posts to determine where and how you life right?

Honestly the reason most people roll their eyes is like shit above. I almost moved to Japan prior to covid, but before finalizing everything they went full lock down and my job went poof. I've also looked and had offers in the EU, honestly the paperwork is a mountain that you can tell INSTANTLY who is bullshitting about "going to move" or "finally leaving the US" and doesn't have a clue about shit. I know anons and friends who are still "really really really" going to move, I have a few friends who were all top shit when they moved to X place only to fall back into the same exact issues they had back home. People fail to realize the problems they have in life are often self created and hopping the fence to see the "greener grass" only lasts so long.

I roll my eyes during digital nomad about how many people are going to totally look into moving to X country when they get back because the 1-4weeks they spent there on a tourist budget without life responsibilities or consideration for CoL/Tax/etc never crossed their mind. It only gets worse when you deal with someone who's never worked above a data entry job, doesn't know foreign languages/no accredited sources of learning them, but "really going to make it as just a bar tender or whatever it takes to get by!" Visa process in other countries will kick your ass. Changing locations/job within your current country is almost always indefinitely easier and can really change your outlook on your situation of where you stand in society.
>>
>>2631845
People who seethe are like the peasants stuck in the lower levels of the Titanic.
Them and the craziest "elite" and artists who crashed the Titanic and who still don't see that it's over. So they just stay there and act like nothing is happening.

Their opinion will not matter when they will be deep under the sea (it already doesn't matter now).
>>
>>2631845
I don't know but I've returned to this board after probably over a year and this is the third time I've seen someone talk about leaving the US, so I think I'm starting to see why.
>>
>>2633468
I don't care if you leave hell I actually want people to leave so they will shut up complaining all the time. My hate is the idiots who can't grasp the visa requirements and think it's just as easy as "showing up and get a job" like sanctuary cities are a thing for americans around the world. Most people don't have a clue and won't shut up about their shitty day dream fantasy power trips.

By all means go work abroad and go live abroad, just shut up about it until you're serious it and know the level of effort it takes to actually move abroad. I'm sick of this board and people my age in 20-30 doing shit like:
>UGH MY JOB SUCKS I WANNA MOVE TO FRANCE FOR A 4 WEEK VACATION A YEAR... Oh my job? I'm a sandwhich artist at subway!
>I have X in crypto and no skills how I move? Why can I not move when I don't want to be a productive member to their society? What do you mean research a visa? why?
>America is so expensive I wish I could move, did you know in Korea you can get an entire new apartment for under 500 USD? That's what my mom charges me for living with them in SF!!!
>if (election thing) happens I am so moving to Canada! I can like work at a ski resort or something idk

OP asked why it was seen negatively and I explained, most people don't have a clue how to move, what level of effort it is, the time required, and so on. People got tired of the line after 2016 where 'everyone was leaving if trump wins' but then life went on for everyone. Now "I'm leaving" is just background whining noise. If you state "moving to Japan for work" or "moving abroad for education" and so on you'll always find a better reception.
>>
>>2633481
DNR again, the fact that you are this pressed is just sour grapes kek
>>
> Why is leaving America looked at negatively?
Anecdotally, I've seen way more people want to leave the US than want to stay. As the other anon wrote about above, the barriers to leaving the US are prohibitive in a million different ways from visa requirements to language barriers to taxes to personal finances to cultural differences and more. 90% of Americans wouldn't be able to immigrate even if they wanted to, even moreso if they want to move to other desirable countries (western Europe, Japan, etc).
Personally, American salaries are the only reason I'm still here. If I could make my current salary in another developed country I'd start the process today.
>>
>>2633516
>brainwash anons to owning a home, car
OH FUCK YOUR OWN TERRITORY AND HOME ALONG WITH YOUR TRANSPORTATION AAAAAGGGGHHH OPPRESSION
>>
>>2633528
>your own territory
Which you are not allowed to garden properly in. Which noses tell you where and how you’re allowed to park your car in. Which you are not allowed to camp in. Which you will pay insane yearly taxes (rent) for the privilege of maintaining.

No thanks chaim.
>>
>>2633537
Just say you don't know what you're talking about instead of posting your underage fanfic. I own my home on two acres, only taxes apply. Name a country where they don't.
>>
>>2633556
Trying too hard.
>>
>>2633559
Nowhere did I disagree about taxes, I asked you to name a country where they don't apply.

I won't hold my breath. Do you have to hold yours in when you're living in your studio apartment? Pretty cramped in there.
>>
>>2633581
Deflect harder lol
>>
>>2633228
Post portfolio you fucking dork or be quiet
>>
>>2632631
True I am that retard American with a HS diploma that makes more than their doctors. I would be seething too.
>>
>>2633609
>heckin dork!
>dork
Kek it really was a bigmad roastie this entire time
>>
>>2633559
>Oh BTW i used to own 2 acres as well and I had to pay 16k in taxes. Then the guy we sold it to had to pay 35k per year in taxes.
Did you own 2 acres of land on Santa Monica blvd or some shit?
>>2632631
A bit true, it's really easy on this board specifically to see who's from biz/pol and just shitposting about stuff they don't understand in the slightest.

I can buy picrel still find pretty much any job field in Dayton, decent salary regardless as long as it's not burger flipper, I'm making off well. Taxes in OH kinda suck but that house would be no more than 1200/yr including decent home owners insurance, that's virtually nothing. Most people just don't understand how good they can have it in the USA if they look around. Working abroad is great but 99% of the people who spout the "I'm leaving the USA!" have 0 hope of doing it... don't worry it will happen NEXT YEAR for sure! they just gotta... figure it out ya know?
>>
>>2633705
Okay so in your mind where is an ideal place to live then where the local income is favorable to the local housing market. You're not just going to pay a landlord money forever right? You are going to make long term equity investments that will outpace inflation right?
>>
>>2633691
Yeah but then you have to be in Ohio. Yuck!
>>
>>2633711
It's an example anon, I'd live in CO but my cash won't go as far. Again the point of the post is to show how cheap a place like "yuk ohio" can be and the income can be from IT dork to HVAC+on the job training. Trying to find something comparable abroad with that much buying power isn't as easy as people think.

Again, I'd really like to see what countries people are talking about always because most people I meet never have a clue regarding the process or up hill battle it is for move abroad and own land.
>>
>>2633711
As a Michigander I must say that's a fate worse than death
>>
>>2632542
>The women immediately start threatening me with frivolous lawsuits and false police reports if I persist in moving away.
God, if I had a dollar for every time a woman has threatened me with a false police report or frivolous lawsuit because I expressed an interest in living abroad…

If they hate you so much, why on earth would they want to keep you?

>Hint: no on both. They neither hate you nor want to keep you. They have no idea who you are, because this without question is not a thing that has ever happened, ever.
>>
>>2633691
Smth is really wrong with murican shitheads. They can literally flip burgers their entire life or be an fucking delivery-boy and have a pretty OK life (at least a lot of illegal-migrants do). Still, instead, they want to move to asia/russia/another shithole. I know it'll end just by jerking-off and calm-down, but still - wtf?
>>
>>2632543
Yeah OP read this and also simply understand many people are insecure and will attack others for doing something that they are not doing themselves
They are too retarded to realize different people have different opinions

I hardly tell people about my travels because most people get jealous and angry and in their mind cannot fathom how i made it possible to go abroad
They will call me trust fund or etc
And im like jeeze mike, you know i live in a van and work a bunch and save $?

Watch easy rider and rewatch the scene mr america explains its the freedom they repressnt and thats why people hate them
>>
>>2633799
>preddit spacing
Shut the fuck up faggot tranny lmao. Fags like you will post this and then rage IRL.
>>
>>2633857
>t-they wont travel!
Whatever helps you cope at night brownboy
>>
>>2633436
>immediate schizoposting the moment someone mentions they might spend too much time online
well that showed me, my bad
>>
>>2633962
Hes right. Fuck off fag
>>
>>2633942
>Shut the fuck up faggot tranny lmao. Fags like you will post this and then rage IRL.
I’m scratching my head IRL, from my home that is not in America. I’ve lived abroad probably since you were in diapers and nobody has ever given me a hard time about it. This shit does not happen IRL.
>>
>>2633937
Okay so where would you live then, these threads always baffle me.

Where would you live? Those seem to be examples only.
How would you make a living? Do the jobs pay as well as they do for skilled work like in the US? (reason I stay here)
What country is it that you are going that your skillset in the current economy is going to pave the way for a visa? or are you self funding, if so what visa programs are not a huge waste of cash to self sponsor?
What's the cost of living like there and tax rates like?

genuinely curious because seriously outside a small handful of companies abroad no place pays like the US in terms of tech field, and especially where I could buy a cheap house in some place like the midwest, Hawaii(big island), North East, and so on. Just gotta stay away from the shitholes on the west/east coast and boom good to go.
>>
File: bri_ish.jpg (64 KB, 680x623)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>2633857
>buy house
>lease out a room to a friend for 600/mo
>property tax, utilities, and make positive net income off the house
>Y-yeah but you can't t-travel you own a home!
Perpetual travel got boring for me as everything became a fucking blur after a while. I stopped appreciating things around me because of it, places in Europe became just another place. Japan/Korea all became a blur of here I go again to X. I'm sure visa hopping around SEA is cool for some people but holy fuck unless you're riding a trust fund out or willing to work shit jobs/hours just to make meh salaries and "look like a king" there, idk. Sure 2k/mo looks pretty GOAT in some place like Malaysia or Vietnam, but you're still stuck in SEA bouncing around.

Maybe I am missing something, that's fine to each their own. I've done enough digital nomad and traveling to where I look more towards travel as a 6 or 9 months on, 3-6 months off kinda deal. it's nice to come back home, get back into real shape at a proper gym, and knock some stuff out of the park with work and head back out for fun.
>>
>call out fed posting
Trannie Jeannie deletes posts like cockwork. Kek
>>
>>2633994
Yes it does tranny. You’re lying again.
>>
>>2633999
but you're still stuck in SEA bouncing around.

I don’t see the downsides to this. The life I live in America would scare people. It’s literally “nothing” until my next trip.
>>
in the "free west" people become extremely aggressive when you don't live the same life as everyone else

you're supposed to wageslave, do overtime, pay lot of taxes and waste money on useless purchases while simping for old roasties. otherwise you're a threat

>>2633857
kek you fell for "everybody is wealthy in America" meme? even middle income life is bad for an average male. illegal migrants want to go there because it's better than working in a factory for $300/month
>>
>>2634275
>Yes it does tranny. You’re lying again.
OK, I think I finally get it. The issue is not that “people” view “leaving America” negatively. It’s that girls from your hometown think of you, personally and specifically, as a creep. If I had to guess why, it’s because you bounce around Southeast Asia without a clear career motivation for doing so, and give off sexpat vibes. Sexpats are just gross. Nobody likes them in Southeast Asia either, apart from other sexpats. Who are also gross.

Because, for real, maybe 70% of the people I know are long-term white-collar expats working for multinationals, and nobody ever gives them shit for it.
>>
>>2634398
No, of course they do but let’s be real sub8 men are all creeps to women anyway. They don’t care about you, but they don’t want you to be happy either. THATS why there is so much backlash, so much fud, so many feds. If this becomes a growing trend it’s less potential simps, less people to glow on, less bodies for isreal, etc. we see through you glowschlomo
>>
>>2634405
I can’t tell if this is next-level trolling or sincere psychosis. Well done. Freundliche Grüsse aus der Schweiz.
>>
>>2632615
Honestly this.
I'm a fucking loser w/ $40k in uni debt and couldn't even get hired at the Wendy's near me. My parents just said I must go and get my master's instead and accrue even MORE debt and maybe I will succeed.
I eventually said fuck it and went the TEFL route and went to Korea. It was nuts finally having a stable job and decent money compared to COL. I was always out of the house hanging out on weekends, had a Korean grandma I met cook me homemade food whenever I dropped in, and dated 3 girls in the year I was there after only being with 1 girl my entire life in America.
Eventually my parents were begging me to come back and my boss was kind of a cock and my workload was far more than was promised, so I convinced myself it was a gap year and left after my contract was done... now I am in the same position again, with parents that resent me for not being successful on their terms and doomed to wageslavery and nagging to go back to college. Every day I think of going back, that I should have just looked for a better place to work while I was there and stayed.
Call me a loser back home, idc, I know that I'm not cut out for the rat race back home. All I had to do was be white, moderately attractive, and speak English, and I was granted the lower-middle class lifestyle people tirelessly network on LinkedIn and go to dorkathons for years to achieve. Why should I care that I am taking the easy way out? I love America, but being an American just seems to be more favorable abroad than domestically.
>>
>>2634425
Keep coping kek. Shame is completely ineffective in the year 2024. The fact of the matter is that geomaxxing has 10x the return on investment for women (let’s be honest no one is going to live in some decrepit Midwest town sorry fed) than looksmaxxing or trying to be a good career goy in the west. Give it up, most men who are not willing to give into the social gynocentric paradigm are already waking up.
>>
File: unknown-13.png (1.2 MB, 807x807)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
Why is it so painfully obvious to see who has a job and who doesn't on trv....

>>2634432
Teaching in china is unironically worse than Japan, hell Korea is GOAT because the parents actually keep the few remaining kids they have to go do some english study work. China is DOGSHIT
>>
>>2631845
everyone wants to move to america for a better job opportunities
throwing it away seems retarded
source: canadian trying to move south
>>
>>2634532
People with jobs dont hang out with losers getting drunk until 7 AM and write you two beau is afraid movies about why its all fucked up this time.
>>
>>2631845
its unironically a scam. They dont want people figuring out how to escape.
The people who want out the most are the most valuable (e.g. the biggest victims). Meanwhile the parasites think its great here.
>>
I don't want to leave America full time. Best case scenario would be to work 6-9 months abroad doing remote work. 3 months in shit hole America in the summer is enough.
>>
>>2633691
1500 sq ft. in a 50% White town in literal Ohio for that much, kek. This isn't the own you think it is.
>>
>>2632004
SEA sexpats are the worst. If you're from the West and don't want to sexpat in Asian, but somewhere else, you're automatically less likely to be a complete dork loser. There's so many pathetic losers who have yellow fever. More so than any other group. Having to listen to them is like being stuck in a group project with people who don't care. They should be banned from the West. I'm tired of hearing these faggots complain when they hate everyone except Asian women. Get the fuck out. Just go.
>>
>>2634432
I want my fucking people to do better, to be better. I don't want to run away and be surrounded by chinks.
>>
>>2634707
Seethe harder big ol’ roastoid
>>
>>2634398
>types out a long-winded straman
Kek, ive never been to SEA in my life. Ive only ever been to SA, north africa/MENA, taiwan, and yurop/caucasus. The women who get mad and cuss me out do so when I’m talking about moving to literally anywhere. My sweet summer fed you invented an entire seethestory about sexpats. We all know that the real reason this makes american women seethe is because foreign women are 10x nicer, hotter, and more down to earth than they are. No, I have never sexpatted and i dislike buying hookers and getting diseases, as I am an extreme germophobe.
>>
>>2634761
Cool story bro
>>
>>2634432
>I love America, but being an American just seems to be more favorable abroad than domestically.
there it is. they just dont want you to redeem...
>>
>>2634578
>throwing it away seems retarded
yeah and all americans are temporarily embarrassed millionaires. however, your move would still be justified by the fact america will collapse more slowly than your shithole. but its no reason to be optimistic. you think running a bolshevik totalitarian continental nation will be easy?
>>
>>2633715
>>2633691
>Most people just don't understand how good they can have it in the USA if they look around.
Using a property listing in Pueblo, CO of all places to make your point is pure comedy.

If you're looking for that good life, cholo, you would be better off getting a personal loan or saving up $60k to buy a beachfront condo in Mexico. You would still get the benefit of cultural enrichment by beaners while significantly reducing your chances of a home invasion.
>>
>>2637694
Yeah that map is BS look up what it quantifies as crime.

The pastures where cows graze is somehow F in crime? Give me a fucking break dude. Maps like these especially crimegrade are AI BS that only look at stupid numbers.

>WOW LOOK AT THAT AD GULP!
Karen please go away, stop giving places bites. Seriously 80% of those places are grasslands and corn fields... holy fuck you're dumb
>>
>>2632542
>One time a girl told me that she’d break my legs and knock my teeth out if I tried to leave.

Better than getting your spine snapped in the Philippines.
>>
>>2637697
Unlike you, I used to live in Colorado. Unlike you, I have spent time Pueblo. You are crab in a bucket, trying to convince people to sink to your own filthy standards because your brain is too clogged with hidden valley ranch basedbean oil to find creative solutions. No shit you live in Dayton. We don't much to live the good life guys, we can just eat bugs! No need to live in safe, aesthetically pleasing places, we there are plenty of barren cornfields adjacent to a city lined barbed wire!
>>
>>2634597
>its unironically a scam. They dont want people figuring out how to escape.
Who doesn’t want it? And how are they supposedly suppressing this knowledge?
>The people who want out the most are the most valuable (e.g. the biggest victims).
Huh? So the people that want to escape most are… the most economically productive? Or do you mean the easiest to exploit? In my experience among expat Americans in half a dozen countries, it’s a really mixed bag, ranging from high-rolling corporate go-getters to profound losers. But of course the people I’m talking about are people who have already “escaped,” so maybe they’re not the “biggest victims,” whatever the fuck those are supposed to be.

The one somewhat true kernel buried in this paranoid nonsense that I have personal knowledge of is that the US often makes it bureaucratically difficult for high-net-worth dual citizens to renounce their American citizenship, because rich taxpayers abroad are a cash cow.

But I don’t think there’s an organized conspiracy afoot.
>>
File: mpv-shot0218.jpg (247 KB, 1920x1080)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
I'm from Argentina and I would have killed to be born in America, despite it's flaws, homeless and whatever it's the best economy in the world. Here the average person makes $300, forget about travelling abroad. Life's sad.
>>
>>2631867
>normies hate it when men they find subconsciously inferior life mog despite being shorter, autistic, etc. When you are not around all of their jestermaxxing, social games, betabux, slaving years away from zog, etc don’t mean anything.
I sincerely recommend that you put away whatever false prophets you've been reading and look for salvation in Christ. Your soul will be poisoned if you don't make a change soon, anon.
>>
>>2631960
>makes things up
I'm anglo but not American, to me white people culture in the states is Texas and rodeos, it looks fun as fuck.
>>
>>2631845
because we're a decade away from the human sacrifices phase of financial repression
>>>/pol/463308256
>>
>>2631845
Can we quit making these anti-semitic threads?
>>
>>2638820
Can you quit killing children in Gaza?
>>
>>2632631
t. sexpat
>>
Americans basically believe in a delusional sort of populism. The idea is that there’s a coming revolution to somehow take back America because everyone knows that if you’re a white American at least 3rd generation, you have a lot less opportunity than your ancestors and a lower quality of life than your European cousins that got left behind. When you choose to leave, it makes them feel like you’re abandoning the army. You’re a deserter. This is a propositional nation after all, and when you leave that’s basically saying “I reject your proposition”. And a lot of Americans basically can’t cope with the reality that this place has gotten worse for the people who’ve lived here for a while. Yes, it’s infinitely better if you’re a South American migrant. But if you’re the great grandson of a German who once built a business and acquired property? Not really. Simply pointing this out makes them go haywire because it uproots their reason for doing anything at all either. What if they’re boomers? Imagine how hard it is to cope with the fact that you took the place with the most boundless freedom and opportunity for wealth and prosperity that’s ever existed and in a single generation totally destroyed it? How to cope with all of these decisions you told yourself were good but in reality were obviously terrible and you were just justifying being a selfish piece of shit? Of course they’ll get hostile when confront with that reality.
>>
>>2631845
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't really care if others choose to leave the United States. I lived abroad for years, and only recently moved back to America--I missed home, and staying home would've likely hampered my professional growth.

Now, having said that, there are several types of "leaving America" posters I find annoying:
>underage b&, college students, and other young adults who have no work experience, no marketable skills, and unimpressive qualifications who make threads asking how they can move to Europe when their chances of getting an employment-based visa are virtually non-existent--these sorts of questions and requests, which are common on /trv/, have always come across as a form of fantasy-posting (the same as the occasional anons who ask "how to prepare to walk across America," etc--I have yet to see a single anon ever follow through, or post results from such a trip)
>far-left and far-right morons who view Europe, or other parts of the world, as being inherently superior to America because of some silly metric or another--these sorts of sentiments almost always indicate either delusion or an incorrigible personality defect

Many /trv/ posts asking about moving--within the United States, and outside of it--fall into ether of these categories. And it's very clear that most of the anons who ask these kinds of questions don't have the qualifications or savings to actually make an intercontinental move.

I, personally, think that the U.S. is still a pretty fantastic country. However, you can't nail your own feet to the floor and expect to succeed--taking on some debt and working a bit is necessary.
>>
>>2640202
cont.
Just to follow up on my replies, if there are any non-Anglo anons reading this, you have to understand that the US especially but anglo society is an extreme culture of female worship. The women situation in the US is so terrible that I can’t even put it into words that you would understand. The women are very fat and angry and rule over their men. Even “conservatives” in the US literally ask their wives permission like mommy to do anything, and she says no and they obey. The laws are written so that any woman at any time has complete control over you. If you’re married she gets not only your money, kids, and house, but also makes you her debt slave for life if you divorce. If she is in the office, she will get all promotions instead of you no matter what, and if you complain she will go to HR and say you made her feel “uncomfortable” and you will be fired immediately. If you look into the eyes of an American married man, you will see the most defeated buckbroken specimen imaginable. If you are a white male and not born with connections, it is almost impossible to get a job out of college now. They literally openly state to hire anybody but you no matter what, then gaslight you into saying that you have privilege. It has gotten so bad and so hopeless that the average white male zoomer in the US is either a mentally ill sociopath looksmaxxer rich kid, taking steroids and willing to stab anyone in the back to get to the top, or simply a buck broken NEET rotting away playing vidya all day. If you go to a gym in Europe you see normal fit people, in the US the competition for women is so extreme that almost every other guy is on steroids with “biggorexia.” You will literally see 10/10 muscular chads everywhere with fat whore gfs, it’s essentially inverse Russia. All the shit about American women you hear anons saying zoomers will literally say to me IRL without me bringing it up. This may unironically collapse the country soon.
>>
It's unironically overol.
This isn't FUD, it's not doomposting, it's just taking a sober, objective look at concrete reality.
America is a dystopia but then again the rest of the world isn't better and the few good places to live are inacessible.
We live in a society.
>>
File: FdvpW-1XgAcIbDo.jpg (80 KB, 766x1200)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>been digital nomad
>constantly run into people who want to 'leave the west' in Japan/Asia from America
>anything from hostels to western style bars(usually for sportsball) to random tourist places it's
>they are either dudebro's rolling off their trust fund and highly privileged morons who will blow their entire savings within 5 years tops
or
>they are the most insufferable asshole NEET level tards without any self awareness to what goes on
>both basically have 0 clue how to move, what the visa process involves for relocating, have any clue outside "HAHA YEAH DUDE I LOVE IT HERE I'VE BEEN HERE A FULL WEEK! NEVER RETURNING!"

I'd say less than 1% of the people I meet have any idea regarding the level of effort it takes to move abroad and as someone who went through the process for a Japan visa with a sponsor, it's still really fucking hard. The reason "it's looked down on is like others have said, it's people talking their daydream/BS level of "TOTALLY GOING TO DO IT" or how stacy's/ken's/jamal says they don't like X person they 'movin to canada!'. People are straight up tired of hearing that from everyone especially after the Trump shit, as others have pointed out and it's pretty easy to tell who has a chance/who doesn't have any chance at moving. Hell most people here can't even digital nomad yet somehow going to get a resident or work visa? Don't make me laugh.

In short, if you have a job lined up to move abroad or some realistic goal. No one will give you any grief and you wouldn't care if they did.
>>
>>2631845
I moved to Poland from the US almost two years ago.
I miss America so much brehs. Don't care who thinks what about me or my actions.
>>
>>2640313
How the fuck do you get a sponsor in japan, this means getting a job there doesn't it? How the fuck do you get a job there?
>>
>>2640372
Why did you move to Pooland?
Its full of plumbers that move to Germany for a reason
>>
>>2640381
> How the fuck do you get a job there?
Have a bunch of industry certifications and some experience especially in tech and be willing to take a lower salary than the US market where you can easily crack 6 figures.
>>
>>2640392
Only tech market? Don't they want anything else? Why are these places always so picky with overachieving immigrants but do no effort to kick the waves of pajeets and muslims shitting everything up? At that point I should go to a muslim shithole and join the next human trafficking shipment.
>>
>>2640406
I don't follow other markets for work opportunities though I know sales are pretty big if you can speak N3 and English+white.

>do no effort to kick the waves of pajeets and muslims shitting everything up
Because just like America the immigration laws allow you to bring over family members.

Kebab shops thrive usually because of 2 things
1) they launder money for bigger fish
2) Ahmed will bring his brother over, because he has degree from PU university->marry someone->bring her family over->sell a shop to her brother->rinse and repeat

If you have a degree just go apply on gaijin pot jobs or work for softbank, hell if US just ez-mode it and DoD.
>>
>>2640372
>Move from USA to glorious white ethnostate
>Turns out white countries are shit
Lol, lmao even.
>>
>>2640313
yes lets use Japan one of the most difficult country to emigrate to as an example how "moving abroad" is so difficult
who could be behind this post?

moving abroad is extremely easy: just buy a plane ticket
working abroad may be difficult depending on your skills, but it may not be necessary if can make money online or have savings

reminder: lot of posts are getting removed, look for original thread here: https://archived.moe/trv/thread/2631845
>>
>>2640462
Where would you move to from the US then, what country is the most favorable for a burger?
>>
>>2640464
that depends on your situation: what do you like, what are your skills/finances etc
if you are totally clueless why not travel to few countries and see what's best for you?
>>
>>2640475
Just name one that would be easy for an American to migrate to for a normal blue collar job and get a residency visa and would be a quality of life improvement.
>>
>>2640481
massive quality of life improvement: almost everywhere in third world where it's safe
for blue collar jobs there are sufficient local supply unless you have some exceptional skills
>>
>>2640489
>massive quality of life improvement: almost everywhere in third world where it's safe
Are you trolling?
>>
>>2640489
Based Filipino anon. I knew it was you.
>>
>>2640493
tl;dr

There is some Philippines anon who absolutely seethes about life in America so any thread such as "this is a picture of my town in america" or "leaving the west" he shits up with calling everyone who won't leave to some shit hole like his own a fed and goes on crazy rants. Any American who talks about the good life in the US is a paid shill and shit. Not sure if he is more or less sane than larry koopa but it's funny none the less.
>>
>>2640495
I've never been in Philippines
let me elaborate: if you are a normal white, single man living in US or elsewhere in the west you will get a massive quality of life upgrade in third world
>>
>>2640512
looks like a place overrun by shills, ricels, and trolls
>>
File: 1712041976537928.jpg (60 KB, 400x400)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>2640515
>>
>>2640209
I bet you would've thought people who considered fleeing Rhodesia in the 70s were schizos too and look how that ended up
>>
>>2640313
>I'd say less than 1% of the people I meet have any idea regarding the level of effort it takes to move abroad
well you should consider, in the case of thailand, that not all that long ago and for decades it was actually ridiculously easy to semi-permanently reside in thailand. immigration frictions are relatively recent (5-7 years). so one shouldnt be surprised if the dream persists in popular culture. and if the continued rise in demand be a mystery to you, then i'd say you don't see as much as you imagine.
>>
>>2640609
>that not all that long ago and for decades it was actually ridiculously easy to semi-permanently reside in thailand
It really wasn't though? Unless you had an EU/UK passport it was, but not from the US unless you were a trust fund baby which again goes back to the mentality of people disliking trust fund babbys.

https://th.usembassy.gov/thai-immigrations-enforcement-thai-visa-exemption-policy/
As far back as 2014 it wasn't really ideal for US citizens to get anything other than extensions for purely tourist reasons. The post you replied to was more regarding citizenship or proper legal work visas.
>>
>>2640462
>4chan
>wonders why some anons would want to work in Japan
Gee anon... no clue it's not like that's probably the most consistently top thread topic on this board.
>>
>>2640687
my sweet summer child, one could live indefinitely doing border runs and working under the table english teaching jobs for 30k/month. and only if you bothered with border runs at all. and it was like that for forty years. for a long while, one could literally live like a king on 500 usd a month.
>>
>>2640687
>The post you replied to was more regarding citizenship or proper legal work visas
>proper...legal...
>...we are in thailand and thailand is not usa (btw,as a rule, the rule of law only rigidly exists in the west-and longer it seems...)...and to you there may seem many strange things...
>i hvae seen many strange things already...
>bloody katoeys chasing me through some blue inferno...
https://youtu.be/4pWgkTh602o?t=103
>>
>>2640715
That's great anon but you're spectacularly missing the point here. I'm actually amazed you can type that.

The post you replied to and the OP is about moving overseas, sure if you want to not change the topic to "working illegally under the table abroad" you can go there.

The most sane posts in this thread are point out what you missed so hard it made me laugh a bit. People won't look down on you at all if you are moving for work in a complete legal fashion or going about a life goal where you have a solid plan to do something. People do look down on the people doing border runs working under the table and skimming the law, just like Americans do to immigrants who ruined their country. Again, it's seen as a bit hypocritical because again the majority of people who do spout about leaving the US fall into the huge lazy dumbass categories.

Americans really do be like
>UGH THIS PLACE SUCKS IT'S FILLED WITH LAZY FOREIGNERS WHO CAME HERE AND WORK ILLEGALLY TAKING MUH JOBS AND NOT PAYING TAXES!
>ayo hol' up I can live on 500/mo under the table in SEA without proper sponsor or paying tax? shieeet white man world baby! HAHA!

Never change /trv/ I always love seeing how absolutely tone deaf this place is to society because "it's different in my situation."
>>
>>2640687
>you dont need license to live in thailand...
>just change your title...
>from yoga instructor to muy thai fighter...
>...we're ringing bells all night...why would they want to lock us out?
https://youtu.be/leLj_BRX6OY?t=11
>>
>>2640719
>People won't look down
lol...lmao even
i was taking umbrage with your culturally tone deaf analysis as to why these "categories" exist. its like you were born yesterday or something. expats have been thriving in the land of smiles much longer than the new restrictions have been in place; which in the scheme of things was yesterday. and im pretty sure those that remain could care less about how they're perceived by a self-important bloviating oofy-doofy like yourself.
>>
>>2640719
The amount of absolutely clueless posters on the TRAVEL board truly is astounding. How can so many people confidently post about shit they know nothing about?
>>
>>2640730
Again the post you are replying to is why they are looked down on in response to the OP not saying everyone is looked down on. This is actually hilarious and hope you are just an ESL.

Leaving America to move overseas is one thing, such like the OP is asking about.
Expatting is completely another thing, something you seem to be talking about.

Moving tends to imply and mean take up residence, which in term means becoming a resident of said place. Visa hopping is not that. Learn the difference.
If you expat great on you but if you define that as moving you're just looking like a travellet or don't know what the fuck you're talking about. No one looks down on long term travelers most people tend to be envious, but don't call that "moving".

>>2640725
>>2640731
Why did you post this twice?
>>
>>2640736
lol bro i thought i was in the thailand thread
>>
>>2640736
I had to fix a typo and add a line.
>>
File: 1692164817814248.jpg (191 KB, 497x342)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>2640738
holy fuck anon...
>>
>>2631883
/thread
>>
>>2631963
>waiting in like in SEA for kebab behind 10 brown locals
:O
>waiting in line in an air con resturaunt where you could order on a mobile app before hand and get unlimited refills but mexicans...
: (
>>
>>2640755
>SEA has no A/C or online ordering
>panda express gives you unlimited food
Why lie about this
>>
>>2640719
>YOU HAVE TO LET THE GOVERNMENT TRACK YOU AND YOU BETTER PAY YOUR GOYBUX.
>OR ELSE ILL LOOK DOWN ON YOU.
I look down on YOU.
>>
>>2640913
Is that what the voices in your head tell you?
>>
File: 7456757564235.jpg (61 KB, 702x702)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>2631845
I've been thinking about this for a few years now, only people that would shame me for it is my baby boomer family members that think this is the greatest place on Earth. Even where I live it's getting pretty shitty like the bigger cities, I don't see it ever being like it was when I was growing up in the late 90s-00s ever again.

Anyway for blue collar guys to find work in a country that isn't a shithole or will I need to go back to school to get a degree?
>>
>>2643566
>Anyway for blue collar guys to find work in a country that isn't a shithole or will I need to go back to school to get a degree?
No, you can run your own business.
>>
>>2646054
>No, you can run your own business.
That's actually possible I could I basically already do independent contracting on the side. Might be able to find some country that isn't a complete shithole that has a shortage of people with my skillset.
>>
>>2643566
Plenty of countries have visa programs for in-demand blue collar workers to fast track them into jobs there. The problem is none of these want Americans because we’re used to relatively higher wages.
>>
>>2646346
>The problem is none of these want Americans because we’re used to relatively higher wages.
Eh yeah I ain't surprised I'll look around to see if there is a way but I can't accept poverty tier wages. Won't hurt to least look.
>>
>>2646346
Boomers who want open borders should pull themselves up by their bootstraps, give Jose Sanchez a firm handshake, and apply to work in farms for $2/day. Entitled boomers don't know the meaning of HARD WORK.
>>
>>2643566
The entire west is in decline. I can't think of any western country that would be good to move to or would be good in 50 years. I think saving up money and moving to a second world country with good prospects should be the plan.
>>
>>2646356
yeah it's bizarre the cognitive dissonance with Westerners. I just came back overseas and was shocked how much better the quality of life was and how much easier it was to date and the genuine friendliness of people.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.