[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1694412696570.png (788 B, 1200x800)
788 B
788 B PNG
Thinking of heading to Colombia next month
What am I in for?
>>
>>2632926
Poverty, Disease and Destruction
>>
>>2632926
How much should I expect to spend per day on food/hostel in either Bogota or Medellin? I'm trying to budget for extra days at the end of my trip to just do whatever, but I don't want to end up scheduling too many and running out of money
>>
avoid this shithole country. I had a girl introduce me to her mom and probably hungout with her like 14 days consecutive and then her friend sets me up and robs me of my phone and wallet. luckily credit/debit cards declined at ATM when they tried to withdraw.

shithole country full of unethical thieves. luckily I did not get drugged or kidnapped. mexico is safer for tourtists
>>
https://t.me/ c3network
>>
>>2632926
What kind of traveler are you? It mostly depends on that question
>>2633253
30$ if you are careful. Black Sheep in Medellin if you like meeting other tourists.
>>
>>2633413

You should try not hanging out with poor people
>>
>>2632926
go to Peru instead
>>
>>2634130
yes the two girls were from Bello in Medellin. A shithole neighborhood. but you realize upper class Colombianas are in no rush to associate or date gringos.
>>
>>2634142
South americans are ugly outside of Colombia and brazil . Peruvians lol
>>
>>2634116
Nta but what are the types of traveller's? I've never traveled on my own or abroad
>>
>>2632926
gf and I just broke up. going to medellin in a couple weeks. I need to party. what's the safest way to 'find things'? should I just ask a young taxi driver for help when leaving the airport? I'll be staying in El Poblado. Is Barrio Trinidad safe before dark for a gringo?
>>
>>2634158
Roughly to give some ideas:
A All incl package tour booking. Like Cruises and groups. Literally sheeps, but are free to walk around for a free hours.
B Independent but preorganized holliday. Usually hotels. Organized transfers, no long bus rides or at least no 'local' bus rides. Restaurants chosen on the spot, or by recomendations.
C On the spot self organization. Usually hostels, booked up to one day before or walking in. Local buses, from terminals mostly. Will try local restaurants.
D Like C but extremer. Like taking collectivos (micro buses for locals), hitchhiking. Streetfood, self cooking and only local restaurants. Might ask locals for a bed when in need.
E Nomad?

Of course this is not covering everything and categories overlap for everyone. E.g. I see my self mostly in C. But I'm fine with local food, can walk in zones where I'm the only (obvious) foreigner as lonh it's not too sketchy. On the other hand I'm ok doing a day tour in a group (A) or pamper myself in a nice resraurant or hotel (B). Most people I meet for more than 5min are usually from hostels or a group tour.
>>
>>2634713
mexico is safer. chances are high you will be robbed in medellin.
>>
>>2634726
already bought my ticket. I read everywhere that you can 'buy gum' in El Poblado. How bad can it be? Not going to bring any ladies back to my apartment
>>
>>2634740
I went to Medellin and got set up and robbed. by a girl who even introduced me to her mother. to be fair I think it was her amiga who did it but I think she obviously had some knowledge of it.

Be extremely careful. in poblado at night there is area called parque lleras. 10/10s for like 40-50 dollar for an hour. I only saw one girl from there. But I felt like way too many eyes were on me as a foreigner there.

your airbnb better have security. you can bring the girls back to your airbnb / hotel but they have to check in at front with security. with ID. never hangout with more than one girl. so many stories on 2 girls setting people up.

criminals are getting more and more bold in Medellin because the cops are fucking useless and the government of the city does not give a fuck about foreigners. despite the $ they bring.
>>
>>2634744
read my post again, brother. not bringing ladies back to my pad. I've read too many horror stories. there are safe ways to go about that, from my understanding. I'm looking for something else there. probably just going to be 'buying a lot of gum' in El Poblado for a week and a half, unless taxi drivers are more reliable. what are the best taxis to use when leaving the airport?
>>
>>2634747
taxi drivers rip you off at the airport. use uber its cheaper. and there is free Wifi at medellin airport if you do not have service on phone to use internet. i had no service at all in medellin but girl i was with let me use her hotspot on her phone so i made my way with that.

try to use uber for everything because of how cheap it is . and its safer than taxis . there are stories of taxi drivers robbing people. i have no idea how common this is but i have heard a few stories of this. mainly at night.

and i think there are hotels in parque lleras and major clubs. i remember i was having dinner in parque lleras because it was 1 am and everywhere else nearby was closed and i saw men taking girls up to a hotel. no idea on pricing. probably safer that way .

Medellin is a beautiful city but it has major problems people like to pretend is not a big deal. they need to do what el salvador did and round up all degenerates and anyone suspected of being a criminal and extremely tough on crime. i would move there instantly if they did that.
>>
>>2634756
I'll probably just get a sim card at the airport. I read somewhere that there is a weird issue with using Uber from the airport, like they aren't legally supposed to operate there or something. but yeah, I would definitely feel safe with an Uber driver because I have a way of verifying them and they would be much less likely to fuck with tourists. hope they can point me in the right direction of what I am looking for
>>
>>2634764
uber is illegal in all of Medellin. Though there is still widespread useage.

When I was at the airport the uber driver messaged me telling me to go to a different pickup location because they don't want to be seen picking someone up in area where all the taxis hangout.

And its weird because sometimes the uber driver wants you to sit in front seat. because less risk of being stopped by police or something. you won't get in trouble the driver will if you are stopped. so i hear
>>
>>2634774
is uber the main service, or is something like bolt more popular? what is the likelihood an uber/taxi driver will help me acquire some primo 'gum'? I've heard it's $5-$10 a pack for gringos
>>
>>2634764
ok ima bout to drop some of the greatest medellin knowledge of all time
Uber doesn't work anywhere where the pickup is a "node" the little dots with names on the map that you select for a given area - it will say you can get a car but it will never come. This includes things like the airport terminal, train stations, or the viewpoints over the city. Meanwhile, normal addresses and pin drops work fine.
To get an uber from the airport, go out the door and walk right down the road for 5 minutes until you get to an intersection with a restaurant. There, you can get an uber in literally 1 minute while 10,000 people in the airport stare hopelessly at their phones for eternity. I had to learn this the hard way, hope it helps you bro
>>
>>2634764
>>2634774
When you get an uber make sure you use a type with a confirmed price, I remember when I used it in Colombia it had some weird bullshit "suggested price" thing and the driver wanted to negotiate with me after we got on the highway. Never going back to that shithole country
>>
>>2634775
I don't know. girl I was with always mentioned uber to pick her up at her house. so i am assuming that.

>acquire some primo 'gum'?
I have no idea what this means or what you mean by this.
>>
File: 1704713294360.gif (698 KB, 483x272)
698 KB
698 KB GIF
>>2634811
>>
>>2634747

I don't know why you guys are avoiding taxis from the airport. The fare is fixed, so they can't overcharge you. Taxi fares in COlombia are highly regulated, and taxis from teh airport are perfectly safe and reliable.

In other parts of teh city, just hailing a cab you are more at risk of being robbed or ripped off. Many ways for them to rip you off, same as in other countries. Switching your bill for example for a fake or giving you change in fake bills. The switch is most common so never pay in high-denomination bills.
>>
>>2634831
K-K-K-Yeah!
>>
>>2634744
>>2634756
so if I wanted to "buy gum" as the other anon puts it, would you recommend just buying gum off the street corner? I see there are online gum agencies that have pictures of the different flavors of gum available, should I go through one of them? It seems like that might be more legit and safer. For gum.
>>
>>2635000
check 'em
what about the medellin 'mint gum' that makes your mouth numb?
>>
>>2635025
are we talking about the same thing? I thought anon was using "buying gum" as a euphemism for sex. Wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>2635027
what other reason would someone have for going to medellin if they weren't a coomer? read between the 'lines'
>>
>>2635028

the actual gum vendors sell cacao so it's kind of weird to be talkign about gum as though it meant something else
>>
>>2635028
then wtf is "mint gum"?
and somebody answer >>2635000
>>
Has anyone heard anything about Bogota or Mariquita? Thinking about visiting those places this May
>>
How do I get around once I'm in the country? Can I rely on getting last-minute plane tickets in June/July? I want to be flexible so, for example, I don't want to book a flight to/from Cartegena ahead of time because I want the option to stay longer or leave sooner or go somewhere else or whatever. If I just show up to the airport in Bogota and say I want a one-way ticket to Cartegena (or Medellin or wherever) is that going to work? And then do the same for the return flight, just wait until the day of to do it.
Are the flights going to be booked full and/or too expensive to do that? It doesn't look like there are trains and the buses are long bus rides.
>>
>>2635071
alternatively how cheap/easy would it be to change the flights after I booked them, but like the day before the flight? EG, book a flight to/from Cartegena, but then if I decide I want to spend more time in Medellin I could call the airline and have the departure date moved. Or if I like Cartegena and want to stay there a couple extra days, have the return date changed the day before.

I just want to be able to stay flexible with how many days I send in one place, but don't want to be stuck if I can't get a flight last-minute.
>>
Is it worth visiting the Lost City (Ciudad Perdida)? I've been to Machu Pichu so I wanted to go to the Lost City, but idk the pics just don't seem nearly as interesting as Machu Pichu and I wonder if the time would be better spent elsewhere, like going to Los Llanos near Yopal. But everybody says to go see the Lost City so maybe it's better than it looks
>>
>>2635036
isn't is low quality tho? what if you want something better?
>>
>>2635210

bartenders can typically help you out

>>2635043
mint gum is typicall flavored with spearmint or peppermint. it's not the same thing as "wintergreen" so I hope you don't fall for that scam.
>>
>>2635222
would you recommend avoiding asking uber drivers?
>>
>>2635112
>The Lost City
sounds like a tourist trap
>>
>>2635457
It's a trekking journey which is partially interesting
>>
>>2635072
Colombia isn't a complete shithole, anon. It's a capitalist country. There are flights everywhere all the time.
>>
>>2635493
yes but even in the US you generally book flights in advance, otherwise you risk the flights being full or airlines sometimes price gouge the last-minute flights.
>>
>>2635506
If the flight is full just book a later one. You're not gonna love Cartagena. It's small and swelteringly hot, filled with scammers. Medellin is chill, nice weather, good economy, good uber with decent roads. The only downside of Medellin is that it's a little bit boring with not a lot to do. The malls are huge and nice, like we had in America in the 90s and 2000s.
>>
>>2635518
What about taking day trips to do fun stuff? Are there things to do around Medellin?
>>
>>2635528
Yea Guatepe and Santa Fe de Antioquia are nice to visit. Jardin is a nice weekend trip but long 4-hr bus ride. Medellin has a nice social life and night life in Provenza. Provenza is one of the coolest streets/districts in the world, not even kidding.
>>
Claro or Movistar for my sim? I do not plan on traveling much outside of Medellin. want to make sure I have good and fast coverage inside my apartment in Poblado
>>
Is Barranquilla nice? Heard it’s got a big Carnival season but idk what up outside of then. Beach looks aight but I’d worry about my shit being jacked soon as I went in the water
>>
>>2635490
>Venezuelan girlfriend

How can you stand that ugly accent?
>>
>>2635229
people are going to find you in Medellin, it's everywhere
>>
>>2636656
A lot of Mexican cities nobody gives a fuck you are a white gringo.

Colombia, especially the men seethe because they are poor and white men fuck their whore women. Colombians complain nonstop to the point where its fucking annoying and cringe.
>>
>>2636700
No they dont lmao. Dont listen to this guy. Colombian men are chill and friendly
>>
>>2636656
Have you ever been diagnosed with schizophrenia?
>>
>>2635219
Nah american women still fuck ghetto thugs and blacks while married. They just (rather openly) snag a cuck via court order (marriage) to take his bux.
>>
>>2635656
It’s a nicer accent than the Colombian/Paisa accent. Venezuelans don’t pronounce some S’s
>>
>>2632926
venezuella but marginally better in some places
>>
>>2636766
I didnt know that otssing out your FUD fake stories about foreign places would be out of place for someone who ACTUALLY TRAVELS. Unlike you, fat fuck.
>>
man this makes me kinda sad I want to visit Columbia , 1/2 Columbian here but white as fuck which I suspect is because my mothers family is very well off and owns a lot of land in the country.

My Grandmother was very wary about me visiting Colombia and I suspect she and my grandfather had good reasons for leaving the place. Then again they were also that super old-school Spanish that really looked down on lower classes. I also suspect because my grandfather came from Japanese diaspora there is an element of xenophobia.
>>
>>2636941

Since when were there any Japanese in Columbia (aside from the emerald cowboy)?
>>
>>2637145
There's a history of Japan being a country of emigration not immigration 100 years ago and many did go to South America, former president Fujimori being the most famous example of this population.
>>
File: raw.gif (531 KB, 498x358)
531 KB
531 KB GIF
>>2637145
Nippon and Brasieu maintain Good relations desu
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Brazilians
>>
>>2637150

The question was COLOMBIA, not Peru and not Brazil. In case you didn't know, those are three different countries.
>>
Thoughts on Cartagena? Flights are very cheap right now.
>>
>>2634845
Do you want anons to get robbed? Picking up dumb tourists at the airport is the easiest way to earn money for Colombians. They will drop you off at some favela and have their cousins jack your shit.
The best way to get around is to know someone who already has experience in Colombia or if you know some Colombians before who have no incentive to rob you.
>t. spent 1 year in Colombia and got lucky but later learned what to do after hearing all the stories from tourists and locals
If you come from a safe country, you take a lot of things for granted and naturally make dumb tourist mistakes. Find someone with experience.
>>
>>2637665
>They will drop you off at some favela

I've never heard of it. The dumbest thing a criminal could do is drive his taxi into an airport where they have hundreds of cameras pointed at him.
>>
>>2632926
Just avoid hanging out with anyone who has any tattoo and you will be fine
>>
>>2637690
That only applies to countries where criminals are arrested. Like other anons pointed out, the taxi drivers could rob you too.
>>
>>2632926
Full of sexpat passport faggot bros, so you'll find plenty of guys to talk about crypto with.
>>
>>2638065
>>2637665
Can you prove this claim about airport taxis kidnapping you?
>>
How I do brassport pro safely in Medellin
>>
USians stay home
>>
>>2638657
Do NOT use dating apps. Colombians dont use them like mutts do. Best case scenario you’ll get a scummy girl who fucks you and who wont kill you, but wants your shit. Worse case is you get murdered.

Meet girls doing shit out there. If you can, cold approach girls that look normal (not crooks). Theres no stare rape enforcement in colombia so you can still cold approach.
>>
>>2636706
Paisa accent is not Colombia accent, dumb monkey. Paisa accent is very over the top, nothing like other Colombian accents from the Andes. And Caribbean accents are completely different.
>>2635059

>Has anyone heard anything about Bogota

no
> or Mariquita?
yes, you are one of these.
>>
>>2634142
Peru is extraordinarily shit
>>
>>2633413
Fuck you, you little shit. You think you can come here, do whatever tf you want and leave without consequences?
>>
>>2638771
Or just don't be retarded and have some standards.

I posted earlier, but my comment seems to have been deleted. I'm married now, but have visited Colombia several times for non-cooming purposes (e.g., I took my first trip there simply because there were inexpensive round-trip tickets to Bogota, and I'd never before been anywhere in Latin America). However, I did use dating apps--there, in the U.S., and elsewhere--when I was still single. And I never had any of the issues people here are describing.

All things considered, I found that Colombians were reasonably nice people who tend to be incredibly outgoing. This goes for day-to-day interactions with ordinary men and women, as well as girls on dating applications and in bars. Gold-digging does seem to be more culturally accepted there than in most other parts of the world, but it isn't impossible to meet normal women, either.

I've always gotten this impression: if you're a decent-looking guy with a decent job and a university degree, it's pretty fucking easy to meet decent-looking women with decent jobs and a decent level of education. Better-educated and better-earning women are usually much less likely to game you, though they're also less likely to sleep with you if you're a disgusting sexpat.

But if you're not a disgusting sexpat, you can avoid getting scammed or scopi'd or murdered by having some standards when you swipe. If you're a 4/10 man and exclusively swiping on 7+/10 women with pictures from their hovel in the barrio, you're only going to match with girls who see you as a walking passport and/or wallet.
>>
>>2633413
>fuck with a local whore
>find out
every. single. time.
You suckers need to stop blaming Colombia for your retardation.
Leaving your fucking wallet unattended next to a whore. IDC what nationality she is from, she's gonna grab that shit and take off.
>>2634744
cockblocking is not the government's job
>>2634774
I've even heard that you were expected to hug the Uber driver before getting in his car at the airport, kek
>>2633253
Both are big cities with tons of options, you can find hostels and restaurants just as cheap or expensive as you like.
>>2634116
I haven't been since 2021.
hostels for $6 or $7/night are pretty common in Colombia. proper restaurant meals are not as cheap as SEA, but you can eat empanadas and other cheap food to stretch your pesos.
>>2635028
coke ay e nay?
>>2635072
that all depends on airline policies
Colombia technically requires proof of onward travel. I bought a Delta ticket from Atlanta with flexible dates, extended from one month to three months shortly after arrival.
>>2635112
>>2635466
it's very much a wilderness adventure, up to you if you want to paypig to walk through sweltering jungle for miles
>>2635518
Cartagena is big, but most of the city is undesirable to tourists. The beach is all right. The poorer you look, the less the hustlers & scammers will bother you.
>>2635621
I rode the bus along the COL-90 route, the beaches were all right, but you might have to go a long way from the city (and the Magdalena River outlet) to get to a decent beach.
>>2636640
don't fuck with people who find you, they are predators. do your own approaching.
>>2636702
>chill and friendly
until they aren't, then they turn menacing in a flash
>>
>>2639630
>do your own approaching
what if I'm a borderline sperg? I'm afraid of asking a bartender and having him tell me to fuck off. also I can't speak Spanish
>>
>>2633253
$35 a day got me a downtown apartment on AirBnB. If you’re staying long term you can get something cheaper. A hostel even cheaper. Food will run you about $10 a day if you eat one meal at home, $15 if you don’t, $30 if you’re eating at higher end places. I literally paid for a group of 5’s dinner with less than $40.
>>
>>2634143
> but you realize upper class Colombianas are in no rush to associate or date gringos.
This isn’t true at all. Most of the women you will meet are going to be wealthier, comparatively speaking. Almost every single one I met was a working professional, and that wasn’t intentional on my part.
>>
>>2634744
It’s really common for these situations to be setups. My friend got robbed the day before he left the country, and he thinks it was a neighbor. It’s a cultural thing - the poverty isn’t Africa-tier where people are starving in the street. Most robbers are riding bikes that cost almost a year’s salary. They aren’t poor, they aren’t desperate, they’re just evil.
>>
>>2634756
The taxi drivers are registered and even if they charged you double it’s a difference of about $4 USD from the airport to La Candelaria. I only had USD in $20s at the time. Guy was thrilled. A trip that long in Canada would have been $60.

Gringo pricing is a myth, I never had it happen to me once, and I’m very obviously white.
>>
>>2634845
A high denomination bill in Colombia is like $15, so again, this is a non-issue.
>>
>>2637665
>>2638209
>Silence
The thing about taxis robbing you is true and most are not even particularly safe (then, neither are a lot of rideshare cars). The airport taxis are all registered though, and like you said, the fares are fixed. The government does NOT want foreigners getting robbed and frankly organized crime doesn’t, either. I’ve heard people make this claim about airport taxis but never seen any stories. It’s always cabs hailed off the street where robberies occur.

One thing to watch out for is beggars trying to load your bag into the taxi and then asking for a tip. This woman started undoing the clip off my laptop bag to load it in and didn’t stop even after I shouted at her. They probably aren’t going to steal from you with security there, but be careful, because everyone was treating it like it was the most normal thing in the world.
>>
>>2639035
You got lucky. These apps are fucking dangerous. That said if she looks like a whore, she is one. Colombians are image conscious. Always vet with Instagram or Facebook.
>>
>>2639035
Also if you went before COVID the economy was at an all time high and there weren’t many Venezuelans at the time. It’s a lot worse now.
>>
>>2640291
This was for Bogotá, Medellín might be slightly more expensive.
>>
>medellin dangerous shithole post covid and saturated with the worst kinds of basketball americans
>CDMX pricey for what you get and gentrified by digital dorkers
>Buenos Aires has gotten way more expensive thanks to president lolberg
Is there literally any place in Latin America that isn't a dangerous shithole and relatively affordable for what you get?
>>
>>2640393
The airfare is a lot, but Rio is absolutely beautiful and almost unbelievably cheap for what you get. I stayed there for about 2 weeks, in the most desirable part of the city, for like $70/night. Restaurants are weirdly expensive, but otherwise everything is quite cheap compared to the quality of the goods and services. It's also extremely safe as long as you don't go out of your way to find trouble (which is certainly not the case in Colombia or Ecuador, for example). The beaches, the mountains, the hiking, and the prostitutes are all absolutely top notch.

I will warn you thought that no one (and I do mean *no one*) speaks English or will attempt to speak English to you. You can probably sort of get by with Spanish but Brazil, like the US or Russia, is geographically isolated from "the rest of the world" and monolingualism is basically the rule for 99% of people.

Anyway, tourism for anglophones is surprisingly undeveloped, which is a huge mark in its favor if you're concerned about prices. There is no little world of businesses for English speakers in general, and especially not for sex tourists like there is in Colombia or Mexico. I'd definitely recommend learning Portuguese to about a B1 level first though, which shouldn't take more than 3 months if you focus. I plan to return and work remotely there next winter to avoid the Jewish winters of Massachusetts.
>>
>>2640393
If you're planning to stay somewhere for any longer than a few months, just rent an Airbnb for the first two or three weeks and use that time to coordinate with landlords and prospective sublessors on Facebook.

Also, even on Airbnb, there are still plenty of decent, affordable options in both Mexico City and Bogota. However, you'd have to compromise a bit on either safety or location. But you should be fine if you do a bit of research.

A few years back, for instance--during the beginning of the Airbnb and vacation-rental boom--I rented a small two-bedroom apartment in Bogota for about $330 per month. It wasn't a palace, but I thought it was a fairly comfortable place. IIRC, it was in a recently-constructed building, had a reasonably well-equipped kitchen, and a little outdoor porch with a view of the communal garden and Monserrate.

The trade-off, of course, was that it wasn't the best neighborhood. It was on the lower-elevation edge of Las Cruces, which most Colombians told me was a dangerous place. Sometimes, when I'd take taxis back "home" during the day, I'd end up getting out around the busy intersection of Carrera 6 and Calle Septima--and, more often than not, my drivers would say, "peligroso, peligroso," and offer to drive me the rest of the way for free.

But I never had any issues. The locals weren't very friendly at first, but got a lot more chatty and social after I'd been that for a few weeks.

I will say that I remember looking at Airbnb prices in Medellin about a year ago, and was fucking floored by how much Airbnbfaggots are charging for 1- and 2-bedroom apartments. Can't fucking believe people are paying $1,500+ per month to live in fucking Airbnbs that'd otherwise rent for maybe $500-$600 at the very most.
>>
how is Ecuador? Going there to visit family, gonna spend a few days in quito and Loja. Any tips on how to bag an Ecuadorian baddie?
>>
>>2640430
People in Medellin hate tourists and foreigners. They joke and laugh when the foreigners get robbed or drugged

Medellin is a shithole sex tourist destination and nothing more
>>
>>2639035
>If you're a 4/10 man and exclusively swiping on 7+/10 women with pictures from their hovel in the barrio, you're only going to match with girls who see you as a walking passport and/or wallet.
This is wrong imo.
I'm like a 5/10 white man and had way more luck with 7+/10 Latinx girls than with average European girls. It was just online fun, but they never once asked me for money and even said they would be my tour guide if I ever came to visit their countries. Meanwhile I have to jump through dozens of hoops to even get a date with a chubby European bitch and she thinks she's doing me a favour instead of vice versa.
This youtuber pointed it out too: https://youtu.be/f2k1cQf0Gvw?feature=shared&t=230
>>
Medellin is OVER
Government is cleaning the place up
The end of cooming will drastically reduce all the crime and nastiness of the city, that's for sure
https://english.elpais.com/international/2024-04-02/medellin-declares-war-on-sex-tourism-after-us-citizen-found-with-two-little-girls-at-a-hotel.html
>>
>>2640491
>It was just online
Irrelevant. However yes I pulled woman I never would have thought I had a chance with.
>>
>>2640430
>>2640430
Wynwood House has decent places in Bogotá. I lost my virginity in 2022 in one of the apartments they have in El Centro.

The build quality was questionable (bad drainage and ventilation) and there was nowhere to dry sheets, so best to stay there a month or two. You can negotiate discounts if you book with them directly, but AirBnB prices are not bad - about $1000 CAD, so probably like $800 USD a month.

Most AirBnB hosts down there are horrible, so definitely go with a hotel or a chain like Wynwood. There’s also an apartment hotel in Bogotá near the university. It was a bit cramped but was fully furnished and the build quality looked good. If you’re looking for friends, the university is a great place to look. Lots of restaurants nearby. Make sure to check out Car Burger. If you end up closer to El Centro, Niupi is another great option. It’s next to the National Museum.
>>
>>2640469
This isn’t an exaggeration. Look up Paul Nyugen on Reddit. Reading that thread was like browsing /pol/ with upvotes and Latinos.

I never believed in the concept of “victim blaming” until I spent some time browsing /r/Colombia.
>>
>>2640430
You get the advantage of recourse when renting through AirBnB. The security element should also be considered. My experience was broadly negative, but I think for a lot of people it’s using a known service. If I went back I’d book directly with Wynwood or get a friend to find a place for me, but for those who don’t know, it can make sense to pay the premium.
>>
>>2635518
Bogotá malls are like this too. People there are still earning the discretionary income that they need to buy stuff, and they’re buying a lot. I tell my girlfriend “I don’t need anymore stuff, why do you keep buying stuff?” and see just told me “The stuff makes my life better.”

Just a different mentality.
>>
>>2635589
Claro is bigger and in Bogotá has better coverage. Not sure about Medellín. They’re so cheap and widely available you could honestly just buy one of each. I think I paid $10 for a SIM and $10 more a month for a data plan.
>>
How safe is Barrio Antioquia in Medellin before dark?
>>
>>2640537
This. Latin America is full of materialistic whores. That's why I find the passport bros who go there so fucking delusional
>>
>>2640537
Don't think it's too surprising.

My wife is from a developing country, too. She grew up lower-middle-class, but has a graduate degree and a professional-level position that pays well. If anything, she's probably better with money than most people I've met--but she still buys a lot of shit she doesn't need. Doesn't rack up a huge bill or get into debt, ofc, but I think she just like being able to afford nicer products that she'd never dreamed of buying when she was younger.

Though IMO a lot of lower-income women--especially those with lower levels of education--will relentlessly confused until they either drive themselves into debt or exhaust their boyfriend or husband's source of income. I know a handful of refugees in the U.S. who've make good money running their own trucking companies ($500,000-$600,000+), then got married to women from their own countries. Girls come to the U.S. from fucking shacks in Russia or Turkey, and start spending $10,000 per month on fucking Costco groceries within a month.

One of my friend's cousins--who's ethnically Turkish, but from Russia--married a lower-middle-class woman from Russia. Dude ended up buying another house because his wife didn't think their 5-6 bedroom house was "new enough," and then replaced the BMW he'd bought for her because she didn't like the color, kek.
>>
>>2640613
*consume, not confused
>>
>>2640613
Only in the First World are anti-materialism and minimalism considered desirable character traits. Hating greed and consumerism is a mental luxury born of secure affluence.
Everyone in developing countries wants to buy nice brand-name things at MSRP, paypig for luxury experiences, and otherwise flaunt their wealth for social status. Maximize the present good feelings, because you never know when things are gonna go to shit.
The truth is, Colombians are particularly bad at impulse control. A chick would rather drug and rob her date for what's in his wallet than play the romance game for what's in his bank account. Paradoxically, the danger game has lured more and more men to try their luck and charm with a top-tier femme fatale in Medellin.
>>
Never gonna travel to South America but thanks for the thread, it was really entertaining and informative.
>>
>>2640469
>>2640530
Reddit is not real life. I was just in medellin and made good friends with a couple dudes there. They fed me and took care of me while I was sick. I like colombian people and they are not hateful.
>>
>>2640519
It’s cope. Colombia is too corrupt to do shit. Your chances of getting bagged increase 1% maybe. I dislike sexpatting tho so my enjoyment of medellin will increase due to this.
>>
>>2640430
>$1,500+ per month

That's not even a lot. It was like that even ten years ago. You wouldn't have been able to get a nice one-bedroom in Provenza for less than $1k. $500 wouldn't have gotten you shit, maybe something in Robledo.

>>2640556
The only people who go there are cheap asses.

>>2640783
1am curfew. brilliant
>>
>>2640764
majority of medellin women are sex workers or have been at some point in their life.

Its a shithole city and they love to whine and complain about gringos and blame them for all their problems

stop defending the city of whores
>>
>>2640491
Yeah I am not a delusional passport jogger but this idea that if you can't get laid at home you are going to be sexless is abroad is pure bunk and fud.
>>
>>2640519
Yeah I agree with the other poster its cope, they just want to pass the blame on gringos when the reality is that 80% of the degeneracy is a product of the locals
>>
>>2640854
Lmao thats bs man.
>>2640847
Is this the same guy? I doubt colombia is more expensive than greece. I paid 800 for a full month and a half in athens near the center of town last year in july. From what I hear from friends, a nice aptmnt is a couple hundred bucks in medellin or cartagena.
>>
>>2640847
yeah, but is it safe to go to before dark if I'm White and speak with a thick gringo accent?
>>
>>2640430
>I will say that I remember looking at Airbnb prices in Medellin about a year ago, and was fucking floored by how much Airbnbfaggots are charging for 1- and 2-bedroom apartments. Can't fucking believe people are paying $1,500+ per month to live in fucking Airbnbs that'd otherwise rent for maybe $500-$600 at the very most.
Because there's dumb foreigners that rent at that price, and the landlords tell others how much they're getting from doing it, so more greedy people repeat that process and start hiking prices up.

Why do you think west and east coast have such unnattainable prices now?
>>
>>2640886

It's funny how they are creating their own negative reputation by blowing everything out of proportion and bringing international headlines on themselves highlighting the very things about them that they are complaining ruins their international image. So now everytbody in the world thinks this is the place to go if you are looking for that kind of stuff. Real smart, Federico. Keep it up and you can be assured MDE will be the most notorious city in the world.

>>2640908
>a nice aptmnt is a couple hundred bucks in medellin or cartagena

lmao.
>>
>>2640611
I wouldn’t really call them materialistic, the things they want are just basic stuff that you and I would take for granted - kitchen appliances, sports equipment, clothing, etc. I found most of the girls down there who had boyfriends seemed to stay with them, and weren’t overly concerned about money since the cost of living is lower there and it’s not weird to live with other people. There is a subculture of whore-adjacent women who come out of the barrios, but they look exactly like you’d expect and they’re fairly easy to avoid. It’s really easy to find a good girl down there.
>>2640613
The real horror stories I’ve heard are from women giving the money to family. Iucked out there. My girlfriend doesn’t ask, and her father has actually gotten angry at her for doing things like paying to fix his house. It’s really common for women to look to men as providers there, you just want to be suspect any time it’s some expense that you’re being asked to pay for.
>>
>>2640647
You have never been to Colombia.
>>
>>2640847
You are basically asking to get murdered if you stay out at night past 1 am in any major Colombian city. Bogotá is a complete ghost town after 7 pm.
>>
If I got setup and robbed by a girl and I know her full name. How do I get my revenge and how much will this cost? Any advice?
>>
>>2640854
all of Colombia is a bunch of whores
over half the country has been displaced by conflict and they have participated as guns or whored for the guns
>>
>>2640988
It's going to be extremely hard but you could try luring her somewhere out of the way and beat the shit out of her.
>>
>>2641263
I was with a girl I know and her amiga. got robbed by men at gunpoint. but the girls mom texts me and tells me the amiga admitted to setting me up. but obviously the girl I talked to had to have knowledge of it. She denies involvement .

girl is still is delusional telling me I should come back or fly her out to Mexico for vacation trip.

I kind of just want to pay someone to do something. but i don't know how to find someone and I feel like people would just scam me.
>>
>>2641301
>I was with a girl I know and her amiga. got robbed by men at gunpoint
Average passport bro moment.
>>
>>2641302
well I was not expecting it because this girl introduces me to her mom and its not some random girl. I probably spent 2 weeks consecutive with her

But there were red flags yes which I ignored. luckily I just lost my phone and 50 dollars. they could not withdraw money.
>>
Yanks have really shit up Colombia. Why do you retards insist on paying $2000 for apartments and tipping everyone who breathes in your direction sending prices through the roof?
>>
>>2641340
Because its not as expensive as their stupid states, and they dont realize that they're behaving like the same chinks that came to their country and drove prices in their area sky high.
>>
>>2640467
>how is Ecuador?
right now not that good

>Any tips on how to bag an Ecuadorian baddie?
I dunno, all I can say is avoid Venezuelans

>>2640948
>is it safe to go to before dark
I went there once a few years ago, every mall had guards with either a rifle or a shotgun, plenty of stretchers hanging in the walls just like fire extinguishers, I asked a guard where I can find a locker to leave my bag and he said "we don't have lockers anymore after someone left behind a bomb"

This happened between 1pm - 3pm, that place must be hell after dark
>>
>>2640613
>>2640647
>>
>>2640613
>>2640647
>>
>>2640974
>You are basically asking to get murdered if you stay out at night past 1 am in any major Colombian city.
Seems like a nice place...for me to cross off my list.
>>
>>2641480
That first guy sounds like an insufferable faggot and I can tell from his avatar he was dissapointed that Russia was no longer the USSR
>>
>>2641340
Is it possible we can get a yankee ban?
>>
I want an indio wife, does anyone have experience with Bucuramanga? My ex was from there and desu I really fumbled her, hard.
>>
>>2633253
Can get a decent hostel for $10-20 per night, lots of options. I stayed at the Viajero in each place, which were both ok. Food costs depend on where you go. Can easily find restaurants/cafes for $5-10 per head, or even cheaper if you go for Menu del Dia

>>2635071
>>2635072
Yes, you should be able to book last-minute domestic flights fairly easily. There's also a bus network connecting all of the major cities which is ok and about a third of the cost of a plane ticket, but obviously takes quite a bit longer

>>2635112
Didn't do it personally, but met a guy who did and he loved it

>>2637661
Nicest looking city in Colombia. Quite touristy. Interesting enough to visit, Getsemane district had quite a lot going on
>>
>>2640908
You would be surprised, I fucking hate the new era of travel we are in. Cities in Europe (Spain, Italy, Greece) are somehow cheaper these days than the overhyped shitholes zillenials like to flock too like CDMX and Medellin. Buenos Aires is now reaching European levels of prices (product of inflation but still), there is zero reason to go there than Spain. Even the you know what is nothing special if the prices for those have increased. These passport fags could not shut up about any place they found. Still its not hard to go off the beaten path and theres still plenty of new places but the fact that it got to this level because of covid blue balls is outrageous
>>
>>2640958
>It's funny how they are creating their own negative reputation by blowing everything out of proportion and bringing international headlines on themselves highlighting the very things about them that they are complaining ruins their international image. So now everytbody in the world thinks this is the place to go if you are looking for that kind of stuff. Real smart, Federico. Keep it up and you can be assured MDE will be the most notorious city in the world.

How was Colombia known for anything else besides Pablo Escobar and putas? Ironically its these digital dorkers, pious sexpats in denial, and locals that keep seething which like you said is worsening things and bringing more of that activity. Next time dont tell everyone on /r/digitalfaggots and your blog about le heckin new hip spot
>>
Kek, sexpats truly are clueless.
They see these whores from the barrio with their fit bodies and tight clothes and bite the bait hook, line and sinker since back home all their women are fat and bitchy.
They answer the sirens' call and lose everything, up to and including their lives.
Guess that's just how it is, a fool and his money are soon departed.
>>
What hours are safe to be in Plaza Botero? Is this a good place to go if I want to grab a beer and maybe find some trouble?
>>
File: colombiatravels.jpg (1.03 MB, 2054x2393)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>2640973
My observation on Colombian behavior still stands. Colombia is the complete opposite of a disciplined and orderly society. Only fear of retribution maintains the facade of decent behavior. It was very rare that I could relax on the streets, even in Manizales which is supposedly one of the best cities in the country. Salento was relaxing, yes...despite the car alarms of Bogota roadtrippers popping off every time a dog sniffed their tires. San Agustin was also pretty chill. Everywhere else my spidey senses were constantly on high alert.
>>2640974
With everything closed at 1 AM and all decent people locked away in their homes, the pertinent question is why the fuck do you even want to go out? COVID curfews were in force when I visited cities like Cali, so the cops would make their rounds at 10 PM telling people to go home. The later it got, the tougher they got on those who still lingered in the streets.
>>2642255
$10-20 USD for a bunk, that really is European-tier pricing...or at least that's what Europe cost a few years back. I visited COL December 2020 to February 2021. Poorfagged to the max. Most hostels were empty, and I paid around $7/night for a bunk, even in Medellin and Cartagena. I also stayed in a good number of private rooms under $10/night. Back then I thought I was getting the best deals in the world, but after traveling to Southeast Asia, I know better.
>>2642320
The strong peso means that Mexico is getting very expensive lately, but Europe has also seen prices skyrocket for nightly rentals.
>>2642397
It is never safe. There are always eyes sizing you up as a potential target. Don't flirt with the lolis.
>>
>>2642434
>There are always eyes sizing you up as a potential target
what if I go during the day and flirt with non-lolis or pick up some powder?
>>
>>2642439

Just go and see for yourself. Do you think just walking through there they're going to kill you right away? It would have to be very crowded for htem to pull that off. There are enough cops in the area that if you stay within sight of them, you'll be okay. The muggers down there work in teams, so tif there's a crowd, they'll get you on all sides. You dont stand a chance if you're targeted. Bring a cheap throw-away phone and leave your wallet at home.
>>
>>2642434
Never been to Colombia and it's what it seems like to me also from the videos. Colombia was actually safer when Don Pablo was in power. Say what you want about cartels, but in Mexico they don't mess with tourists because they're bringing in the money. Colombia no longer has that, so every random hoodrat is a potential threat because nobody will punish them and jobs don't pay + Venezuelans.
>>
I love my Colombian bros and sisters. They all were nice and wanted me to cook for them.
>>
>>2642434
Did you pass through the town of Mariquita?
>>
>>2642198
Really? No Bucuramanga?
>>
>>2641340
No one expected tips when I was there. Taxis didn’t even know what to make of it.
>>
>>2641481
>>2641480
You are poor.
>Verification not required.
>>
>>2642434
>My observation on Colombian behavior still stands
No, it doesn’t. Why are you wasting your time larping here when you’ve just admitted you’ve never set foot in the country?
>>
>>2634744
>area called parque lleras. 10/10s
>parque lleras
>10/10s
the absolute state of troon-seeking amerilardians
>>
>>2643495
What are the good touristy areas to stay in Bogota (or other cities I guess). And what are the non-touristy areas? I want to spend time in both. But I have enough Spanish to get around but I'm not fluent, so are there non-touristy areas where I won't get shot if I'm a gringo and only have limited Spanish? I want to spend at least a few days in non-touristy areas to get to know the local culture. Where would be best for that?
>looking for prostitutes
well Medellin just banned them so I won't be spending much time there, but what about Bogota or other cities? Should I just stick to the touristy areas?
>>
>>2643663
>Medellin just banned them
wrong
>>
you're gay and are only going to colombia because of some yootoob faggot that you idolize
you should absolutely go, though
make sure you let everybody that you encounter know you're a foreigner
>>
>>2645134
Kek found the incel. No bitches?
>>
I'm flying to Medellin in 2 days. Getting a bit nervous, bros. What are my chances of getting robbed/shot if I'm there for a month?
>>
>>2645358
He's right though. Colombia has become the new babies first passport bro trip because of black youtubers
>>
>>2645378
Are White tourists preferred over black tourists in Medellin?
>>
>>2645385

Blacks are preferred because they spend more money.
>>
Yeah I do think I should be able to visit your country without expecting to be drugged, robbed, stabbed, or extorted.

It's a reasonable expectation, you fucking savages. Other humans aren't your prey and you aren't predators.

Colombians insane attitude is why they will forever be an irrelevant backwater. You can just tell when a people have greatness in them or not, and these ones do not. Always waiting to score. Always waiting to backstab. Just a bunch of psychos chasing each other around, it's pathetic.
>>
>>2640393
>Buenos Aires has gotten way more expensive thanks to president lolberg
Strange way to say their economy got marginally more stable and monthly inflation slightly less shitty. It's still one of the cheapest countries in the entire world not just for American and European tourists but even from Latin countries like Uruguay, Brazil, Chile. If Argentina is expensive for you right now then you don't want "relatively affordable", you want an entire country to be practically free so fuck off.
>>
>>2645364
Zero chance. Dont listen to the FUD here, it’s being posted by literal federal agents and leftwing ideologues. One of them has recently become a janny so expect my post and others that aren’t FUD, or which go against the FUDposting, to be deleted.
>>
>>2645358
you type like a fucking faggot, lmao
>>
>>2642802
I think I did, but don't remember anything about it.
>>2642746
You learn to read the crowd and pick out which people are predators by their behavior and body language (i.e. how they react to your presence)
Often they call out to you after you catch their eye, casually or mockingly, trying to provoke you into engaging with them. look ahead and keep walking like you are a man on a mission.
If you are tall with long legs, your ability to casually outstride every shortshit Latino is a major factor in keeping your backside safe. I've suddenly powerwalked away from a fair share of unpleasant encounters that had the potential to become dangerous. Cool street thugs don't run, they only saunter.
Motorbike robbers are peak paranoia. Any motorbike without a license plate, or one with two riders that is behaving erratically, is an instant red flag. Do your best to walk facing traffic whenever possible, and decide in advance what you are going to do if you are targeted by motorbike robbers.
Don't rely on the cops to protect you.
Leave your ATM card in your room, not your wallet.
You want to have an ID on your person while in the street, ideally an old driver's license.
>>2643411
you took the short bus to school
>>
alright, bros, I'm making the jump. about to cross through customs. second time in South America. Wish me luck. Here's to not getting stabbed for my smartphone.
>>
>>2645794
You ARE a fucking faggot wearing womens clothes lmao
>>
>>2642752
>Colombia was actually safer when Don Pablo was in power.
The homicide rate during these years was like 4 times higher than now, dumb Nigro. Let alone other crimes like kidnappings or selective murders, which were exponentially higher.

>>2645621
5 million foreign tourists visit Colombia every year, dumbfuck Nigro number two, the vast majority of them don't have any issue and that's why the number grows year after year. So it's not like you are some kind of explorer /scout delving into some savage land.
>>
>>2646187
>5 million foreign tourists

Those are just gringos brought their against their will on cruise ships docking in Cartagena
>>
File: 1685409797712.jpg (1.63 MB, 3000x2873)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
Holy frijoles! Colombians—explain this antisemitism immediately. These eggs are highly insulting to my people!
>>
File: embolsado.jpg (82 KB, 780x565)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>2646187
>>2645364

The 17th body found this year in Medellín wrapped up like a present.

https://www.elcolombiano.com/antioquia/hallaron-un-nuevo-cuerpo-embolsado-en-girardota-ND24271194

https://www.elcolombiano.com/medellin/embolsados-la-vil-venganza-que-dejo-81-muertos-en-solo-3-anos-en-medellin-PD23758250
>>
>>2646911
so what, 17 idiots out of a million coomer tourists? those are odds I can live with. pretty sure the guys that get killed are obese neckbeards using tinder thinking that big boots Latinas are down for a three-way at his rental after a night of texting.
>>
File: mde.jpg (490 KB, 750x1018)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>2636702
>>
>>2646765
Colombian here, "kike" or Quique is an abbreviation of the name Enrique

But yeah, they'll need to change the name of that brand someday
>>
File: anonymous.png (2.13 MB, 1280x720)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
Really? not a soul has heard of this place? My ex was from here and it sounds like the place to meat an actual wife, and yes, with indio blood.
>>
>>2647473
Colombian here, no, para qué van a cambiarlo? Para que unos maricas gringos judíos no se ofendan? Que la chupen.
>>
>>2648054
I know a girl who went there to get plastic surgery for her ass.
>>
>>2647339

"We are poor and we are proud! We are poor. We are proud!"

Fucking trash. I hope these people starve.

>>2645621

Colombians are trash and the men are all skeevy pieces of shit. They have the same machismo complex Meixcans have without the bodyweight or money to back it up, so they develop that 'cool' facade but constantly look down during conversation just waiting for their chance to one up. Never trust a Colombian.

There's an fried arepa stand in Chapinero Bogota that's killer. I've lived in Colombia on and off for 18 months in the last few years, mostly Bogota and Santa Marta. This arepa stand is worth walking from Candeleria for if only to not be a fat ass eating 5 of them.

I'm walking back to Candeleria from Chapinero after having a few and there's a black woman, Venny or Choco, with a cheap food stand in front of the Santander skyscraper near the Gold Museum. She has a couple of kids next to her and, being me, decide to shove another arepa in my face - I could afford the calories with the walk.

Nice as she was, I hand her a whopping $1.25USD (5000COP) for the arepa, she makes it on her makeshift cart, and her son hands it to me.

If it weren't for me the American, this kid wouldn't eat that night. If it weren't for me the American, this kid wouldn't be learning a good work ethic from his mother. But these stupid fucks >>2647339 can't see that. Literal human fucking trash.

1/2
>>
File: llollol.png (554 KB, 1366x768)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>2647339

2/2

It's like the Mexicans now, they blame the gringo presence for all of their money problems which has included inflation since Covid just like the rest of the world.

Only Mexicans are too fucking stupid like >>2647339 to understand the... "causes" of inflation.

Go to Roma Norte in CDMX and look around. There aren't that many gringos, and most are actually white women traveling for sex and free food living there with dogs and shit. Not men, and not large swaths of Americans like Mexican news makes out.

Travel south to Oaxaca and Chiapas and there are even fewer. The tourism industry in Mexico is DEAD and the losses are made up VIA money laundering. Those guys with backpacks that sleep in the hostal and make up those loses and pay the bills are accepting tax liability for drug money. But otherwise there are no tourists to be seen.

Meanwhile, Mexicans in full retard fashion blame Herr Gringo for all of the inflation because some favela monkey in CDMX had to leave his roofless and windowless building in Roma because "the white man bought it and gentrified it".

Maybe 25% of the buildings in that area are renovated, not nearly as many as is represented by Mexican media just as there aren't nearly as many 'gringos living here' driving up prices. If the bombed out windowless building some hedge fund bought to renovate, which is as likely cartel run as it is is Gringo or Chinese money, then you should probably have been living in the fucking favela in the first place.

I'm so sick of these poor fucking locals bitching. Zoomers with new credit cards and the Covid propaganda have gotten these jungle trash way too accustomed to free money and now that it's all dried up, they're in this denial state where they don't want to go back to actually earning their handouts.

They need to remember what it was like to be thankful for some boomer's $5. Nothing's changed and they're poorer anyway.
>>
Colombia is a shit hole not worth visiting. If you don't speak Spanish you are easy prey. Don't be like the "passport bro" niggers who go there for cheap sex. You will get drugged, robbed or killed.
>>
>>2648054
Been through the city, I came across the highlands from Pamplona by bus. It looked modern and well-kept by Colombian standards. Bus terminal was great. Climate is warm but not oppressively so. It rains a lot there, almost every day. On that trip I only stayed in rooms that cost under $10/night, and I couldn't book anything for that price in B'manga, so I headed on to San Gil.
>>2648724
>tourism industry in Mexico is DEAD
Outright confabulation. 42 million tourists visited in 2023. https://www.datatur.sectur.gob.mx/RAT/RAT-2023-12(EN).pdf
Mexico is busier than ever, and prices have gone through the roof in much of the country. Hostel bunks are now selling for $20 a night in Puerto Vallarta.
Oaxaca de Juarez is full of white people in the winter. Walk downtown and you see as many white people as oaxaquenos. And yes, gentrification is a real problem. Everywhere you look there's some boutique restaurant charging $20 for a plate of food. Of course with the strong peso, it's foreigners who are getting price-gouged these days, so Mexicans aren't seething like they were back in 2021. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the airbnb-dwelling digital nomads in CDMX have packed up and moved on to cheaper pastures.
>>
>>2648740
>cheapest country to visit in South America
>comfortable highland climate, pick your elevation
>amazing natural diversity and unique landscapes
>plentiful tropical fruit
>cheap flights from the USA
>polite friendly service in businesses
>fitness culture
>great place to learn Spanish
>dangerous fun available
sounds worth visiting to me
>>
>>2648791

>Mexicans aren't seething like they were back in 2021.

You can't be American in Mexico anymore.

>42 million tourists visited in 2023.

Doubt it, and let's address all of the NGO workers bullshitting on the visas that aid human trafficking north, and include all of the Russians and Chinese doing the same shit and worse. How many of those 'migrants' are being issued tourist visas by the $5/stamp border guards on the southern borders as well?

>Hostel bunks are now selling for $20 a night in Puerto Vallarta.

The 'hostals' are full of tattoo'd up Mexicans that are laundering drug money into the businesses. There are 2 or even 3 cartel soldiers laundering through the hostals for every 1 foreigner. The tattoo'd browns and the brown guys coming in at night with backpacks are all tax mules and unless you're the Hilton then your business is a cartel front VIA extortion or choice.

>And yes, gentrification is a real problem.

Sorry your favela got relocated.
>>
>>2648724

All the housing has been taken up by gringos running their AirBnb businesses. This is a problem both in CDMX and MDE and the locals are pissed about it.
>>
>>2642320
>“There’s too many tourists here!” said the tourist.
>>
>>2642397
>find some trouble
>find some trouble
>trouble
You are going to be murdered and the only record that you ever lived will be a hastily-written article in a Spanish online newspaper describing Plaza Botero as a place where foreigners go to look for cocaine and whores.
>>
>>2642752
Escobar bombed an airplane you fat retard.
>>
>>2645619
> Blacks are preferred because they spend more money.
Bait but read this sentence back to yourself and see why no one fell for it.
>>
>>2648722
> This arepa stand is worth walking from Candeleria
That’s like a 2 hour walk one-way, you fat retard.
>>
>>2650160
went to plaza botero without any issue. also went to barrio trinidad twice to pick up. pretty sure I'm set for my whole trip now. whores aren't really my thing, but if I do go for them, I'm not bringing them back to my pad. I'll be fine. don't wander the streets after dark. don't pull money or your phone out. simple as.
>>
>>2650213
Barrio Antioquia is safe. The gangs run it, and they want to make money. Violence is bad for business there
>>
>>2650213
>I'm not bringing them back to my pad

If they scope you, you will bring them wherever they tell you to.
>>
>>2650213
I hope you get raped by a pack of niggers
>>
>>2650213
>don't wander the streets after dark. don't pull money or your phone out. simple as.
These rules are fucking ridiculous.
>just don't enjoy the country bro and you'll maybe be safe
>>
>>2648724
just tell them who is the real (((culprit)))

>>2648795
>fitness culture
LMAO
>>
Nowhere in south America is safe after dark. South Americans are feral.
>>
>>2648820
Mexico is a hugely popular tourist destination, retard.
>>
>>2650850
>t. seething paisa
Not my fault I make 10x your salary. Stop being poor

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.