[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>here’s your 18% tip for handing me a drink
Is there anything fun to do here that doesn’t cost a fortune or that is even free for that matter? I’m sick of paying to do literally anything here.
>>
ride the bus with a fent junkie (they all fare-jump anyway), whip yourself to atone for chugs, look at beaches that are funcitonally useful two months out of the year.

Been living here four years and am thankful I got let go from my job so I can move the hell out.
>>
>>2637999
I have no idea why the fuck anyone would go to a shithole like vancouver
>MUH MOUNTAINS
Plenty of better places
>>
>>2638037
>>2638006
it's not perfect, at all. but let's see
>compared to every canadian city the weather is way better
>simply the best public transit for it's size in all of north america
>best beer in north america (i've tried craft beer in many other provinces and states, they aren't even trying, maybe quebec has us beat)
>absolutely unbeatable selection of food from different cultures, very cheap groceries if you know where to look
>outdoor sports the closest and best of pretty much any large city in the world, skiing, water sports, mountain biking, etc.
yes it's expensive as fuck, yes the east side is a shithole, but I really can't think of anywhere I'd want to live, at least in north america. if the only thing you value is a large shitty house with quick access to walmart then sure there are better places for that, but that's not what I want.
>>
Vancouver is a disgusting shithole. I think I have mental trauma from living here for so long. Turned me into a paranoid schizophrenic from being surrounded by nothing but drug addicted assholes.
Hopefully I can leave Vancouver, and Canada soon.
>>
>>2638108
where are you going? if it's not japan or a shack in the mountains you are gonna get a rude awakening about the drug and homeless issue across most of the world.
>>
>>2638111
>The whole world is a MISERABLE run down shithole filled with druggies and homeless.
No it isn't lol.
Go to any asian country you will see few homeless, people who are actually respectful and civilized, very little open drug usage. Even Europe has 1/10 of the social decay that is normal in Canada.
I am tired of this shithole, felt like going for a walk the other day and some assmuppet blew a bunch of weed smoke in my face for no fucking reason. Normal to walk over people overdosing in public areas. This shithole should get nuked.
>>
>>2638115
>weed
AAAAAH NOO THE WEEEED
I don't visit the downtown eastside so I don't deal with druggies on a daily basis. you also have no idea what goes down in a lot of europe, asia maybe if you mean japan and south korea.
>>
>>2638106
>I love that I never see any sunlight, am a perpetual rent slave to the Chinese, and I'm actively being stabbed by a catch-and-release crackhead. Where else on earth am I going to be able to get takeout shawrawama? Thank you Translink for jacking up prices for your dogshit service yet again!

No other collective of insufferable self-important faggots on earth have cope down to an art like Vancouverites.
>>
>>2638117
>I love that I never see any sunlight
you don't live here
>am a perpetual rent slave to the Chinese
not me
>I'm actively being stabbed by a catch-and-release crackhead.
didn't happen to me, I don't associate with crackheads (fellow crackheads getting in arguments are who gets stabbed)
>Where else on earth am I going to be able to get takeout shawrawama?
you don't live here, shawarma selection is pretty bad in vancouver
>Thank you Translink for jacking up prices for your dogshit service yet again!
it should be cheaper but it's pretty cheap especially as a student compared to places like germany, england, or even japan
>>
>>2638106
Absolutely grim if true. I think our public transport is pretty terrible.
>>
>>2638530
struggling to think anywhere in the population range that's even close. considering we have multiple very long, <5 minute headway automated rail systems, good bus service and a commuter heavy rail, like if you look at what seattle is doing, it's good they are trying but the level of service is pathetic. and cities with double the lines just have so much issues that people end up using cars anyway like LA. only really toronto, montreal, boston and NYC are better really, maybe philly?
>>
>>2638530
Montreal has much better transit IMHO.
Translink is absolutely shit. Thousands per year for a 3 zone pass, trains filled with nothing but immigrants, junkies, schizos loudly talking to themselves. They do work on the lines in the middle of the day, trains break down all the time and they expect you to wait 2 hours for them, if a bus driver calls in sick they simply won't show up. Honestly, transit is unusable here if you have a job and actually want to not get fired for being consistently late. Not to mention translink is fucking EXPENSIVE.
I assume Vancouverites pretending translink is good is more part of their copium for why they pay 3k/mo to live in a shoebox.
>>
>>2637999
Sleeping in your van? It is VANcouver after all.
You'll always have more fun being the rich man in a poor town than you will being the poor man in a rich town...but then you have to deal with developing country problems. If your spending power is below the regional GDP per capita, you will always feel deprived or wallet-raped when you do go out and treat yourself.
>>2638037
temperate rainforests are hella cool, you can't deny that. much more enjoyable for hiking than tropical rainforests.
>>2638106
>compared to the worst weather on Earth, Vancouver is less horrible
that's not saying much, anon
>>
>>2638106
Ngl Calgary is better for outdoor sports
>>
>>2638106
That's like comparing dog shit mixed with dog shit. Canadians need to stop comparing everything to that shithole USA. It only lowers our standard of living.
>absolutely unbeatable selection of food from different cultures
People can barely afford to even eat out anymore. I remember as a teen my family used to eat out over 5 times a week. Now it's like twice a month. Fucking grim.
>>
>>2638106
Groceries if you have a family here cost a fortune and eating out is stupidly expensive, like forty leaf bucks for basic as hell meal. It wasn’t even this bad a few years back. I dread having to eat out now.
>>
>>2638647
>They do work on the lines in the middle of the day, trains break down all the time and they expect you to wait 2 hours for them
You’re spot on, but this is what infuriates me the most. It is also stupidly expensive for this to happen once every two weeks basically.
>>
Imagine being such a drug-den shitheap that even fucking Portland OR cites the results of your policies as a reason to reverse safe supply.
>>
>>2639291
>Groceries if you have a family here cost a fortune
not really, you just don't know where to shop, it's cheaper here than nova scotia. here's a tip, don't go to any loblaws store or any organic grocer. eating out sure but that's across all of north america.
>>
>>2637999
>Is there anything fun to do here that doesn’t cost a fortune or that is even free for that matter? I’m sick of paying to do literally anything here.

you visited during the rainy season
>>
>>2638530
It’s not bad, it’s the Indians and junkies that ruin it. It will be better once the Broadway line opens.
>>
Vancouver is extremely boring. I'm stuck thinking about what to do here right now, wow you can walk over junkies or go to parks. Vancouver offers no amenities above a small town. It doesn't even count as a city.
>>
>>2640412
you must dislike drinking, hiking, cycling, skiing, nerd stuff like board games, and eating out, or watching hockey.
>>
>>2640421
So you can go hiking on your own oh wow.
Vancouver is the unfriendliest city in North America so scratch off drinking and board games. I have not even been able to make a single friend in over a decade of living in this toilet everyone here I've came across has either been stuck-up, boring or mean.
So what can you do? Sit inside for 8-9 months straight, and then step over junkies in the local park. Getting my degree, from the shitty university I'm at, where the only people that talk to each other are the international students that can't speak English, then I'm leaving and can finally be back to having a life again.
>>
>>2639152
>implying Canadians will ever stop comparing themselves to the US
Canadian culture is essentially founded upon "What about America, eh?"
>>
>>2640425
>I have not even been able to make a single friend
I wonder if that means the entire city is unfriendly or there's another factor in play.
>>
>>2640428
Well I was born in Europe and have been around quite a bit. You hear people bitching about shit people all the time here. Vancouverites are just terrible and I'd be happy to leave. Living here killed the social part of my brain, people are only nice here if they want something from you. Only been able to make fake friends through work, and I've been ghosted by "friends" even switching shifts here. Like they talk shit about NYC or London being bad but they're practically saints compared to the "people" here.
>>
>>2638117
>Vancouver is always raining
It's actually comical at this rate how much of Canada is convinced that Vancouver might as well be Atlantis.

>>2638119
Shawarma selection here is actually trash

>>2638530
Canada is so dog shit at public transit that it's safe to say Vancouver has the best public transit in Canada by a country mile.

In general, Vancouver has a boat load of problems but it's one of three places actually worth living in this country. Calgary, Vancouver, and Victoria.
>>
>>2640421
Half of this shit costs a ton of money. Literally anything you want to do enjoyable here costs something. There’s nothing fun to do here that is free.
>>
>>2640428
No, it’s definitely a Vancouver thing. I am Canadian and not a single one of my friends is from here. They’re from all outside the province and moved here. Actual Vancouverites are autistic and cold as fuck. You speak to them and they look at you like you’re an alien or something. Can’t really blame them too many crackheads so there’s very little trust to begin with. Albertans and Maritimers are immensely friendlier even when they are complete strangers you can talk to them like friends.
>t. Maritimer who moved here
>>
I've lived in Vancouver my whole life and I can guarantee you that all of the people in this thread defending this absolute gutter of a city are probably the ones who are actively contributing to it's death-spiral.

What is it you like? The entry level jobs that are entirely staffed by 15 year old pajeets who, despite being born here, barely speak english? You like seeing dudes overdosing at every skytrain station while you wait for your bus that might not stop or even show up at all because the bus driver didn't feel like it? You like the increasingly large areas of downtown that are uninhabitable because they city does nothing about the massive drug and homelessness problem? Let's not forget that housing and gas prices are among the highest on the continent, if not the planet. Gas is expected to hit $2.30/L here by the summer because the government does nothing to stop oil companies from charging whatever they feel like.

Fuck this trash-heap of a city and the chinks, street-shitters, and junkies that killed it.
>>
>>2640458
add montreal to that list IF you can speak french, it's more tolerable than the rest of quebec and has great transit and arguably better culture than vancouver as well as proper housing with mixed density and not Vancouver's "sprawl interspersed my mini hong kongs"
>>
Hey, why did my post get deleted?
>>
>>2640863
OK, name a thing that is free in another Canadian city that is fun that you cannot do in Vancouver
>>2640875
literally every issue in your post I attempt to vote for solutions to it when they are presented and advocate for better solutions myself, and not for retards like Sim who clearly got in because people think more police = problem fixed, do you think because I defend the place I live against Ontarians or god forbid americans who have never been here that I think that stuff is OK?
>>
>>2640878
See the problem is that you're dumb enough to think that voting and "advocating" will ever make a difference. You can't rely on the system that ruined everything in the first place to give you an actual way to fix it. The city is permanently fucked.
>>
>>2640878
>OK, name a thing that is free in another Canadian city that is fun that you cannot do in Vancouver
This is what I’m asking, literally what is there to do here that doesn’t cost a fortune. You go out for drinks literally anywhere and it costs a pittance, meanwhile in Vancouver they demand 18% tips on top of a pint that costs 5 bucks. The beaches which suck are flooded with people the second it gets nice so you can even relax. Anywhere that is nice to visit like a hike requires a car which is so fucking expensive here compared to literally anywhere else in the country. The price of gas is just retarded here.
>>
>>2637999
>The 2021 census reported that immigrants (individuals born outside Canada) comprise 274,365 persons or 42.2% of the total population of Vancouver. Of the total immigrant population, the top countries of origin were China (63,275 persons or 23.1%), Philippines (29,930 persons or 10.9%), Hong Kong (25,480 persons or 9.3%), India (14,640 persons or 5.3%), United Kingdom (12,895 persons or 4.7%), Vietnam (12,120 persons or 4.4%), Taiwan (9,870 persons or 3.6%), United States of America (9,790 persons or 3.6%), Iran (8,775 persons or 3.2%), and South Korea (6,495 persons or 2.4%)
There's your problem, nearly half of the city's inhabitants are third worlders
>>
>>2641249
And you should consider yourself lucky, compared to the rest of Canada Vancouver has a very low amount of SAAAARRRRRSSSS
>>
>>2641238
>You go out for drinks literally anywhere and it costs a pittance
where? in japan or vietnam or china? nowhere in canada that's for sure. I go to NS all the time and eating out is almost the exact same price if not more sometimes.
>>
Vancouver is still the highlight of the country and the best Canada has to offer. What is better: Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa? Vancouver will always be more expensive because it is vastly more desirable than anywhere else in Canada.
>>
>>2641330
Do they seriously ask for 18% tips in Nova Scotia? That is so depressing to hear if that’s the case. I’m so done with this place, everything is like gauging at you. Just going out for a good time costs so much.
>>
>>2641251
That’s a complete lie. You go to Waterfront station and it’s entirely saars there. The overflow of Surrey is insane.
>>
>>2641388
noone makes you pay any tip in vancouver and citing that as a real cost is dumb a fuck, 15% default tips on machines are all across north america now and you can always just not pay it.
>>2641389
if you live in surrey yes it's insane but it's still completely dwarfed by ontario.
>>
Data Mining Time!

>city
>rent
>fun things to do

Go!
>>
>>2641431
>Ottawa

>$1250 for a 1 bedroom with mold problems every summer. I can't leave here cus 1 bedrooms have all reached $1750 and I refused to live in the ghetto high rises with all the poor folks

>xc skiing and hiking in Gatineau park
>Walks by the Ottawa river
>road trips to other cities
>nearby camping
>bike rides around the city
>>
File: whoa.png (474 KB, 808x570)
474 KB
474 KB PNG
>>2638108
>surrounded by nothing but drug addicted assholes.

How come all the homeless druggies are all white? Where the chinese and blacks homeless at?
>>
File: 1695370247284806.jpg (431 KB, 1080x1346)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>2638115
>Go to any asian country you will see few homeless, people who are actually respectful and civilized, very little open drug usage

DO NOT TELL THE RETARDED WHITE CANADIAN THIS, he will become an sexpat and ruin Asia for the rest of us.
>>
>>2640425
Why don't you befriend other whites? They don't like you?
>>
File: 1710205925380261.png (217 KB, 601x811)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>2640875
>Fuck this trash-heap of a city and the chinks, street-shitters, and junkies that killed it.

Hey man, at least the chinks own the homes and pay tax, the street shitting poojeets work and pay tax ... the homeless WHITE junkies destroy the city.
>>
>>2641446
>'hello sar how you like your coffee sarrr???"
>'ok sarrr thank you cum again..."

It's so fucking over for Canada.
>>
>>2640875
This. What annoys me to no end is that Vancouver SHOULD be a great and livable city but the politicians are so incompetent and corrupt that it's turned it into a shithole. Then we have the Canadian sheep coping with "Well at least it's better than America".Why are we comparing ourselves to a bigger shithole? Hell, Canada is actually a bigger shithole than the US is right now.

Nothing will ever change. I just left.
>>
>>2641449
Oh been here since high school, Vancouver social experience is like this:
>Talk to people
>Get ignored, one word responses, or if they're nice they're trying to get something from you. Because you're not in their super kewl kids klub of one fake preschool friend + their mom
And it only gets worse as you get older. I don't have the time or patience anymore to care about uppity assholes, not to mention half of the whites here are druggies or libshits you have to walk on eggshells with.
>>
>>2641431
>vancouver
>$2000 1 bed

>skiing, hiking, concerts, drinking, meeting up with friends to play board games, camping
>>
>>2638106
Jesus Christ your post makes me want to somehow visit even less.
>>
File: regret.png (266 KB, 1004x333)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>2641508
>not to mention half of the whites here are druggies or libshits you have to walk on eggshells with.

So much for the "friendly white Canadian" trope.
>>
File: pajeet-01.png (545 KB, 910x671)
545 KB
545 KB PNG
>>2637999
How is the poojeet situation in Vancouver? Are they serving your Tim Horton coffee with feces coated hands?
>>
File: pajeet-02.png (752 KB, 660x655)
752 KB
752 KB PNG
>>2637999
>>here’s your 18% tip for handing me a drink

The worst part is tipping a poojeet at Star Bucks.
>>
>>2643273
they smell but indian people who move here are not ones eating cow feces, those are literally the trash of society that would never be able to leave india.
>>
>>2638106
Quebec does have better beer unfortunately
>>
>>2641508
That hasn't been my experience in Vancouver. I've met lots of friendly people and gotten laid pretty effortlessly there on short stops.
Maybe its just you.
>>
>>2643322
Over the time I've been here I've had so many people start bitching unsolicited about the locals it's funny. Vancouver has the nickname "No Fun City" because it's a miserable overpriced shithole.
And you get videos like this:
https://youtu.be/GDLK4MXO72k?si=6_5w5XsajFwuXVEs
So no it's not just me. I will always detest this city since it stole my teenage years and my a good portion of my 20s. Looking forward to escaping.
>>
Vancouver is a small regional city of 2 million people, half of which are Chinese and Indian that can't speak English, and yet this city has an online presence greater than NYC or LA? Why? Because every person here is a reddit incel.
If Reddit was a city in real life it would be Vancouver.
Unfriendly, pretentious, retarded and smug for no reason.
>>
>>2637999
>here’s your 18% tip for handing me a drink

Problem here is you are drinking, which no modern saar does. Go to the mall, enjoy bubble tea. What more do you want from a city? CULTURE?
>>
>>2643395
try being from Surrey and growing up there in the 90s.
>>
>>2643471
Yes, Canada is pandemonium. Satan doesn't let us have sex. We're in hell. You are actually kings in Canada. Lots of stuff to be doing now that you've been promoted. I expect you to whip those fucking slave rats until I get my new apartment buildings in hell.
>>
File: pajeet-06.png (521 KB, 526x531)
521 KB
521 KB PNG
>>2643471
>If Reddit was a city in real life it would be Vancouver.
>Unfriendly, pretentious, retarded and smug for no reason.

You took the words out of my mouth. Picrel is Vancouver anon in person.
>>
File: jeet.png (343 KB, 1215x326)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
>>2643395
The video is awful.

Vancouver has too many pretentious rich mainland Chinese, smelly Indians and libtard whites ... they all self-segregate from each other.
>>
File: SAAAAAARR.png (120 KB, 1362x286)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
There's your problem.
>>
>>2643709
Canada is such a despicable country holy shit. You would have to be a retard to want to live here. At least you can look at it like a sort of containment country for idiots
>>
File: SAARland.png (91 KB, 1244x246)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
Could be worse, you could live in Brampton AKA Little India.
>>
>>2643853
>you would have to be a retard to want to live here

I'm glad all the dumb white canadians and poojeets are living together in a frozen shithole. poojeets shit the streets and white people step on the shit.

picrel, a poojeet living in japan
>>
File: 1709433725287.webm (1.95 MB, 288x512)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB WEBM
I lived in Vancouver for 3 years. The people I encountered have a weird personality, I don't know if it's the weather causing them to self-isolate indoors for most of the year, or is it the lack of cultural activities that stunts their mental horizons- it's a mystery to me. I also never encountered as many snitches as I did living there, I parked my car once in front of a cafe and someone called the traffic police on me because my meter was overtime by 10 minutes.

They had no qualms approaching me after the fact to calmly lecture me that parking over the meter time is against the rule, and he had to call the officer against me. Then wished me a good day and walked back into the cafe....what a mother fucker.
>>
>>2644224
well why were you avoiding paying for parking?
>>
>>2637999
yea drive to whistler to ski
>>
>>2643873
I live somewhere just as bad a Brampton. The population is saars has literally tripled in 10 years I’m not even joking. I even looked up the stats.
>>
>>2644305
Drive there costs roughly let’s say 20$, and the skiing costs like 150$ for a day pass. Everything is overpriced in this shithole. There is literally nothing fun do to that is cheap. Nobody even does drives for fun anymore because it’s too expensive. I want to get the fuck out of here. It’s a shithole for brown slaves who have the brain of an amoeba.
>>
>>2644252

fucker it's not like I parked there all day. I don't go around rummaging around people's trash and reporting them to the recycling police if they didn't seperate the plastics.

cunt.
>>
>>2644224
>I also never encountered as many snitches as I did living there
That's part of the PNW leftist culture.
>You're going 10 over the speed limit and you're a felon.
In the US this is mostly a west coast thing (but not LA where people are too self absorbed) in NYC where nobody gives a shit about anyone else. IDK about Canada, things seem faggy all over that country.
>>
>>2644224
>whines about getting in trouble for not paying parking fees and going over the speed limit
yeah it's definitely other people's problems not yours
>>
>>2644331
>The population is saars has literally tripled in 10 years I’m not even joking. I even looked up the stats.

Time for you to get a saars girlfriend. Make a mutty saaaars looking baby.
>>
>>2644462
Saar woman are disgusting on average. They do nothing for me. They look frumpy and generally dysgenic looking.
>>
seems like a lot of us live in this place eh?
>>
>>2644395
>whines about getting in trouble for going over the speed limit
Are you having a stroke? Where was that mentioned whatsoever in that post?
>>
>>2644700
There are white guys that LOVE Indian women. Let that sink in, how desperate the average white man must be.
>>
>>2644841
Let that stink in, amIrite?
>>
>>2644886
The white man would date anything: stinky Indians, blacks, midget Asian grandmas etc.

picrel, average white Canadian woman
>>
>>2644841
No, nobody dates Indian women when Asian women are so readily available and abundant in Canada.
>>
>>2644703
reddit city and 4chan city too, because it's the best place to live in canada no matter how much people whine
>>
>>2643395
Haha Canadian 4 channers always hate on Toronto and Vancouver but usually the ones hating are from outside and moved there, then blamed the city for their miserable lives. The fact you moved there and have stayed since high school shows you are fucked if things haven’t improved buddy, wherever you go next will not fix your problems. Focus on self improvement first. I’m from Toronto, great place, and when I went to Vancouver everyone was super friendly and I made new friends
>>
>>2645107
I'm finishing uni and I'm leaving shithole retard Canada. This country is garbage in every way. Toronto is probably even worse than Vancouver for miserable unfriendly people and being a soulless refugee camp. People defending Vancouver have the same argument that consists of passive-aggressive insults because they're pussies.
No culture, nothing to do, only jobs are low pay, unfriendly passive aggressive people, shit weather, everything is expensive. Everyone with any ambition leaves this trash country of idiots.
>>
>>2645124
>>2645118
Meant for.
What is there to do in Vancouver now that the sun has came out? I'm thinking hmm.... all I can do is go and walk around parks or go to over priced restaurants, that sounds fun. Worth paying $3M for a house here 1000%.
>>
>>2645124
>I'm finishing uni and I'm leaving shithole retard Canada.

Which country you're moving to? You'll be exporting Canadian toxicity abroad :(

Candians are passive aggressive, RUDE retards.

Countries should barred white Canadians from migrating.
>>
>>2645171
You are Indian, Pajeet
Saar poo in loo
>>
>>2645172
I am not. Indians should be barred from visiting or living in Canada too. White Canadians are experiencing poojeet fatigue.
>>
>>2645124
>thinks the millions of other people in both cities are the problem and not him
>can't think of a single thing to do in a city with millions population
ok bro i'm sure once you move all your lifes problems and loneliness will be fixed :) sorry i didn't let you into my friend groups
>>
>>2645229
>Inferring I'd want to befriend some passive-aggressive freak
No thanks lmao. Got better things to do with my time.
>>
>>2645151
your fucking fault if you don't do any outdoor activities of which vancouver allows a ton
>there's nothing to do besides running, hiking, mountain biking, swimming, joining an organized sport, fishing/boating, paddle boarding...
>>
>>2645594
So... the most you can do is go hiking by yourself for the 3 months of the year where it isn't dark and pissing rain 24/7. That was my original point
>>
>>2645595
>scared by a little rain
yeah stay inside pussy. you can live anywhere then if you need to wait for hot sunny weather to go outside
>>
File: 1644334732243.jpg (125 KB, 1000x1000)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>2641446
>How come all the homeless druggies are all white?
They're not anymore. I saw my first crackhead SAAAR this week. Was begging me for a ciggy at the train station. It was hard to understand him through his heavy accent and smell.

>>2643322
easy lays in vancouver usually come with a free std. Whistler (not far from Vancouver) is the STD capital of north america. also op is probably fat. people that live in vancouver are very superficial and shallow, just like the city itself.

I can't wait to fucking leave this shithole. Every Skytrain smells like a Bangladesh toilet these days.
>>
I love Vancouver. One of the best cities on Earth.
>>
>>2638037
I live in Seattle and Vancouver is a nice day trip from here. Better food but the city itself is just as crappy. But I haven't visited since 2019 so it might be worse now. If I didn't live in Seattle I don't think I would've bothered visiting in the first place.
>>
>>2646534
t. never left vancouver
>>
>>2646534
Maybe for like three months in the year.
>>
I love Canada. Traveling to other places is nice, but man is it good to live here
>>
>>2646541
seattle is cool and has probably more retail and arts stuff to do but it's somehow more expensive than vancouver and your transit is a fucking joke, 15 minute headways on a metro system? yikes.
>>
>>2637999
if any anons happen to be travelling here, im chill as fuck and drug free and can be your guide
>>
File: 1713553354393.jpg (139 KB, 736x1104)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>2647040
Xank you Canade guide
>>
>>2646866
>>2646534
lol Canadians are fucking assholes. Always have and always will be
>>
Unironically, what is a better major city in the entire WEST than Vancouver?
I've been asking quite a bit, and the consensus is Canada is the best of the West. Vancouver is the best of Canada. Therefore Vancouver is the best place of any Western country.
>1000x better than Paris, London, Berlin
>Nicer than LA, Seattle, NYC, Chicago
>Better than Toronto and Montreal
>>
>>2643853
Canada is the highlight of the West and desired by all whites. I look up opinions online and see that most white people see Canada as some sort of utopia. Because MUH nature or some shit, which is why whites never leave the house.
The people complaining about Canada are usually chinks or pajeets who detest this soulless atomized hellhole of tax slaves.
>>
>>2640878
>but I voted to stop it!!! Why isnt it fixed!!!!
Actually kill yourself youll be doing humanity a favor
>>
vancouver is that hot chick everyone wants to fuck but has every std known to man
>>
Vancouverbro here, I’m going to Montreal in a few days. Can any Quebecbros recommend places to visit?
>>
>>2648325
vancouverbro here. i've been to montreal many times. i want to move there. book a hotel on st catherines and enjoy the degenerency. supersex etc.
>>
>>2648102
>see that most white people see Canada as some sort of utopia. Because MUH nature or some shit, which is why whites never leave the house.
>The people complaining about Canada are usually chinks or pajeets who detest this soulless atomized hellhole of tax slaves.
You might actually be retarded. It’s the complete opposite if anything. You actually have to be brown to think this place is utopian. If you’re while you realize it’s falling to shit at an immense speed.
>>
>Vancouver is great, that's why everyone who lives here is dying to get the fuck out
>>
>>2648077
>lol Canadians are fucking assholes. Always have and always will be

Canadians are assholes that pretend to be nice. They insult you but pass it off as "friendly bantering". Fuck Canadians, especially white ones.
>>
File: 1710207453053558.png (1.11 MB, 1407x1577)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>2648818
You either move out of Vancouver to escape the homeless, or live long enough to become a drug addict homeless.
>>
>>2637999
>Is there anything fun to do here

Yeah, just go to Hastings Street.
>>
I mean, if I'm a Bangladeshi or Filipino I'd find Vancouver a utopian city and I would gladly work at McDonalds.
>>
>>2638106
This just makes you realize how much of a shithole North America is. Vancouver has the best transit in North America? Ok that's true but it's complete dog shit when you compare it to an actual competent country in Europe or East Asia.
>>
>>2638530
After visiting the US I became convinced that Vancouver transit is great. Then I visited China and Korea and reality set in as to how fucking bad it is here. What makes it more annoying is that nothing in this shithole country will ever improve because we keep comparing ourselves to third world USA.
>>
>>2649167
>>2649168
Sssshhhhh, don't let the poojeets and white Canadians know, otherwise they will flood europe and Asia. It's already bad enough seeing the old Anglo boomers in Thailand.

I have seen some dirty poojeets in Tokyo. Shit is getting bad.
>>
Here is your average white Canadian woman, with the entitlement of a 10/10.

Living in Canada is hell on earth. White Canadians cope by going on fent.
>>
>>2648276
this is the best description of vancouver ive ever seen.
>>2648325
go to cafe jenine or regine cafe for brunch. one of the best meals ive ever had
>>
>>2637999
>I’m sick of paying to do literally anything here
>here
Name a place ANYWHERE where all your degenerate fun is "free". Name even one. I'll wait, faggot.
>>
>>2649168
Very true. Canadians have very little knowledge of the outside world and are brainwashed by the government to think Canada is the best place on Earth. Their minds would melt if they knew how advanced Singapore, Japan, Korea and much of China is in comparison. However, the standard of living is higher in the USA than in Canada. So Canadians should stop looking down on Americans, their country makes 0 investments in public infrastructure, but the citizens still somehow have a higher standard of living. Americans don't care about transit because they can all afford cars. I had to take the bus the other day and I walked for 40 minutes because Google Maps gave that it was faster than waiting for the connection. What a fucking joke the transit here is.
>>
File: 1668084516397998.jpg (26 KB, 673x488)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Why does this thread read like two polfags just jerking one another off?
>>
I went there for the first time last fall, it feels expensive lodging and food wise but the transit system was very nice, hoping on a train from the airport straight to downtown was amazing. The rent a bike thing was nice too, spent half a day just renting one to bike around the vancouver downtown island. A lot more indians than I was expecting and not as much asians as I thought there'd be. Fucked an escort for the first time too. It was a decent trip
>>
>>2649725
I said free or cheap, retard. Nobody was able to answer anything. The only free thing to do here is walk outside. Going out for drinks or a meal costs so much fucking money that it isn’t even enjoyable. There are other places in the world where enjoying good food costs a fucking pittance compared to here. I don’t mind paying for things the problem is that you eat a basic as fuck meal which is always above 25 leafbucks and you’re expected to tip 20%. It’s completely retarded and fucked here.
>>
>>2643471
>unprompted reddit seethe
many such cased
>>
>>2648102
The people complaining about Canada are usually people who don't live in Canada
>>
>>2649744
1989 tiananmen square massacre
>>
>>2650224
i have lived here my entire life and absolutely despise it. I honest to god will never understand why anyone would want to live here
>>
>>2650226
Wah watabout chyyyna.
Muh human whites, cries out the leftist boomer, as the changs and pajeets walk over their cardboard box.
You would think the Canadian born locals, white and native English speaking, would have an advantage over the immigrants. Yet, most of the homeless and drug addicted in Canada are white people.
https://youtu.be/SX5TPbOG2Ms?si=SdrXx4iAS2OxLGru
Count the number of Chinese and Indians you see on Hastings Street.
>>
>>2637999
I grew up in Vancouver and had been working since I was 14. By 2022 I was making 250k CDN and then I took a pay cut and move to New York City. There are plenty of jobs here if you are willing to suffer through the first few years. I never had any trouble finding work, white and blue collar alike.

Vancouver nature is fantastic. Too bad there is nothing to do in the city and the people are standoff-ish. It is hard to make long-lasting friends here. As my high school mates eventually get married and moved away, I have less and less attachments to Vancouver.

Metro Vancouver has the best Chinese and most fresh Sushi in the world though. I can't really eat the sloppy mess they call 'sushi' here in NYC.
>>
>>2650568
what industry were you in making $250k?
programming?
>>
>>2650592
Computer related engineer (UBC) and a plumber (BCIT)

My parents tried to convince me to go the plumber route since while it makes the same amount of money, you will never run out of work even in your sixties, but I digress.
>>
>>2650595
how the hell did you make 250k as a plumber? running your own business? worked 7 12's?
>>
>>2650597
The secret is to start your own company, hire a bunch of cheap workers, teach them the craft (or do apprenticeships), assign them works to different new construction sites, verify that the quality is up to bar, sign off on the work under your license, and be present for the city inspectors. I know people who make close to a million this way.

You can also choose to work under someone else but eventually you’d want to start your own.

This also works for electricians, but you would only make half as much as plumbing. This is also probably why my new condo’s wiring was all messed up.
>>
There are no jobs in Vancouver not even low pay jobs. Barely anything over $25/hr, even warehouse jobs you are competing with hundreds of FOBs for anything, if you are a dev the median wage is 3x higher in Seattle after the exchange rate.
>>
>>2650605
lol just start your own plumbing company and make a million a year you retard
>>
>>2650605
go apply as an ironworker
>>
>>2650674
>retard detected
>>
>>2650568
>the people are standoff-ish.

What caused this? The nature? The housing prices? I thought canadians are friendly
>>
>>2640864
This is played out. Vancouverites who could afford to stay here already have their friends and family. Foreigners generally have little to offer them. It has more to do with the fact that the city’s white population is tremendously old. Young whites are constantly working, everyone else is Indian or Chinese.
>>
>>2641450
Chinks don’t pay taxes.
>>
>>2641508
We get it, you’re a chink and bitter about it.
>>
>>2646023
> Whistler (not far from Vancouver) is the STD capital of north america
It’s all the Aussies. They come here for the winter to ski and then fly home and ski some more.
>>
>>2643675
Surrey was white in the 90s, you have no idea how good you had it. I grew up in Delta in the 2000s and I’ve been watching the Indians move in like a creeping artillery barrage. They want to redevelop a ton of the city which on paper sounds great until you realize they’re only doing it to house more Indians.
>>
>>2643709
This is probably just Vancouver proper. Metro Vancouver has way more Indians and Iranians.
>>
>>2644347
>>2644224
Yeah, the scamdemic was hell on earth. I had dreams about my own family ratting me out.
>>
>>2646541
The food has been getting a lot worse. I’m vegan and convinced this is still the best place on earth for it, but the corner cutting is getting ridiculous. Thinner pizza dough, seed oils in everything, precooked meals in restaurants, smaller serving sizes, etc. The exchange rate helps you out a lot as an American but I imagine the food would be cheaper in Seattle due to all the Mexicans.
>>
>>2649149
This is exactly what fucked it up.
>>
>>2650605

>>2650674
https://www.bcit.ca/study/trades-apprenticeships/programs/
https://pacificvocationalcollege.ca/courses/

Yes I know you want to sit at a comfy office chair in an air-conditioned office while making hundreds of thousands of dollars. But there's an acute shortage of journeymen in BC who are reliable at showing up for work and are not addicted to meth/fen.
>>
>>2650886
It’s because the wages suck balls relative to the effort required. Indians dominate new residential construction, Mexicans and boomers everywhere else. You probably can work your way up by just not being a fuckup, but you can do that from the comfort of a dry, heated office if you’re not a complete retard, too.
>>
>>2650858
If I was a chink I would have had a booming social life, or if I was Indian too. They have large friend groups but only speak to each other in their own languages. Unfortunately white, so I have to put up with the passive-aggressive locals that make up only 15% of the population of this hellhole. Vancouverites make all this shit up, but I'm getting older, and now my social media is filled with people pushing 30 bragging about hanging out with their mom or still in their high school cliques, while everyone else is getting married and having children. Being around Vancouverites is a waste of time.

>>2650849
Canadians always have been passive-aggressive assholes.
>>
>>2650857
>Chinks don’t pay taxes.

Based and heroic. Unlike cuck White Canadians that pay tax like sheep. Your tax pays for Trudeau retirement fund, the the salary of overpaid pajeet government employees.
>>
File: you.jpg (99 KB, 717x643)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>2651003
>Unfortunately white, so I have to put up with the passive-aggressive locals that make up only 15% of the population of this hellhole.

The chinese and Indians have a sense of community. They're nice to each other and befriend.

White Canadians are standoffish, paranoid, snobby.

Why is that?
>>
>>2650849
I think people here generally had it too good for most of their lives that they don't have to horn their social skills, or depend on other people. If your live is already good, why would you socialize with other people? Also there just aren't that many things to do in Vancouver to broaden your social circle.
>>
File: pajeet-07.png (324 KB, 437x593)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>2651045
>I think people here generally had it too good for most of their lives that they don't have to horn their social skills

White people don't suffer, thus they a meltdown when their soup is too cold. White Canadians are insufferable because they don't suffer enough.
>>
File: surrey.png (1.25 MB, 1411x629)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
Anyone else go to the Surrey Vaisakhi parade? As a white Canadian, nothing excites me more than being surrounded by strong and empowered people of color. Jai Hind! Love Canada and our Sikh Prime Minister.
https://youtu.be/7TS1FR6ZsMk?si=zK3gL31yPqYLu-ww
https://www.youtube.com/live/ZxHEPWXlxlM?si=f3uEQlUe0V2Uvqqk&t=313
>>
>>2652833
As a white man, I love Indian women, indian food, everything india. I do not have to visit India anymore, since my nighebhour is Indian. We celebrate Hindu holidays together.
>>
>>2651044
because the indians are happy not having to live off shit, covered in shit, smelling like shit and the chinks are happy they don't have to eat dogs and resort to cannibalizing the retarded for sustainence.

whites have it on easy mode so any introduced competition makes them paranoid and resort to becoming incels
>>
>>2652838
indians smell crazy, i walked passed an indian house and started puking because the smell wafted towards me
>>
>>2651044
now you understand the plight of native americans. except the chindians didn't massacre your people
>>
>>2652847
White Canadians killed the native Americans and stole their land. It's something that they keep hush hush about. White Canadians preach about rule of law and democracy all the while genociding native Americans and stealing their land.

White Canadians are paranoid cuz they have skeletons in their closet.
>>
>>2652840

I love Indians and Indian food but living in the same complex would be a challenge because of the food odors. I've heard that landlords cannot even get the smell out after the tenant moves because it just becomes embedded in everything. Not sure how to solve this problem, because we want to have more Indians but we don't want the smell of the food (which becomes rancid) all over all the time. If somebody can solve this problem, they could probably make a billion dollars.
>>
lived in van for 5 years. if you're in downtown basically every aspect of your life will be affected by the massive presence of homeless people. you'll hear ambulances constantly. you will always have to watch your back in case some druggie has gone completely off the rails and attacks you. if someone lights a cigarette on the bus be sure not to make eye contact with him, he'll probably stab you. if you're in a hurry getting to work in the morning and you can't leave your apartment building because homeless people have decided to set up camp against the door there ain't much you can do, sorry. public areas like the library are full of homeless people. there are needles everywhere on the streets. be ready to see people injecting fent or smoking crack in public, broad daylight with cops passing by and everything. street fights. panhandlers yelling at you. beggars yelling at you. people in line when you just want to get a coffee at tim's yelling at you. random people saying they will kill you. random people running after you, or doing false steps to scare you. if you go sit down at like a food court you'll have homeless people sitting next to you, berating you for spending that much money on food while begging for some of it, basically trying to force you to leave. aging women on crack desperately trying to sell you their bodies. people in some state of mania, punching walls and windows and kicking cars until their knuckles bleed and their toes break, with everyone else just walking by trying not to catch any attention. mom and pop stores shutting down because their storefront window has been smashed the 10th time that year and they can no longer afford to replace it
>>
>>2652890
99% of vancouver's homeless population is white.

Chinese buy up homes, open businesses.

Indians work in minimum wage jobs, try to earn a living.

Whites become addicted to drugs, stab random pedestrians and shit everywhere

What a twist of fate...
>>
>>2652898
>99% of vancouver's homeless population is white.
Are you delusional? A fuckton of them are natives. I’m even seeing pajeet ones nowadays too.
>>
>>2652890
That’s pretty spot one. I’ve lived there my entire life and the whole “don’t look at them” thing is so true. The second you stare at these people they lock on to you.
>>
>>2653082
natives have been homeless since their inception. that's their natural habitat. white people are gonna try to steal that from them too.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.