[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I just came back from my visit to Charleston SC and was blown away. 80% white, very nice and well mannered people, amazing Latin Mass at a Catholic Church, food has small portions but good, nice, beaches.
Do you guys think this is a good place to move to, I am a leaf from Cuckada.
>>
Damn this is a timely thread, I was planning to stay in Charleston for Memorial Day weekend, make a little trip out of it. I'd be driving up there from Florida.

What did you do/how did you like it? Did you go to Fort Sumter?
>>
>>2643941
I really loved it. North Charleston is a bit more ghetto but main Charleston is beautiful. I'm from Cuckada so I am not used to seeing an area more than 20% white, this place was like 80%. Beautiful. Didn't go to the fort, went on the aircraft carrier though and Boone Hall plantation. Beaches were nice but don't swim too deep because of sharks. I am shocked how nice everyone is. Also, you gotta eat cake at this one bar in the east part of the french quarter, amazing.
>>
>>2643941
How is Florida btw? Was thinking of visiting there or Dallas.
>>
>>2643945
>>2643946
Based, thanks for the info. Yeah planning on going on that battleship museum thing they got there. Do you recall the name of that particular cake or bar? The food scene from what I've seen looks awesome.

Florida is great, truly. There's no real shortage of shit to do, but it depends on what you're looking for obviously. If you liked Charleston, I really don't think we have a city down here that can compare except MAYBE St. Augustine. Have you been to Savannah, GA? That seems like the next closest thing to Charleston, it's even like twoish hours away from it.

Dallas is pretty cool too, but I've only spent maybe a week total there for a football game and six flags. Still had a good time.
>>
>>2643947
The place was called Carmella's. Bought carrot cake with friends to share, their ice cream is top notch outside of europe. And I am a straight white male (don't care for sex or marriage) and want good people around me and a decent muay thai or MMA gym near me. Does Florida have that or is it all beach parties with degenerates like how its advertised. And I need a Catholic church.
>>
>>2643947
No I didn't end up going to Savannah, was only in town for 5 days. I heard Savannah is nice too. Got weird flying cockroaches there though.
>>
i lived there for over 30 years, it used to be nice but lots of assholes from up north have moved there and ruined the place because of the boeing plant
>>
>>2644087
How is gun culture in that state? Does it still have rights or is cucked?
>>
>>2644280
It's the deep south, dude.
>>
File: IMG_1381.png (577 KB, 640x460)
577 KB
577 KB PNG
>>2644280
It’s very liberal on guns why do you think this guy moved there?
>>
File: 1682040214533074.png (106 KB, 2326x536)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>2644280
It got a lot better after they got rid of Neocon Nimrata
>>
>>2644280
I mean Palmetto State Armory is based there so yeah pretty good
>>
>>2643945
Damn what kinda groups are mostly in Cuckadoo if its only 20% white?
I know they gotta lotta indians
>>
>>2644770
A lot is an understatement, Toronto is practically New Mumbai
>>
>>2644770
>>2644770
Yes all pajeets here, it's an absolute eye sore. Imagine waking up and your arm is darker than the shit you just took in the morning. Essentially looks like Tattoine. SC looks like heaven for me.
>>
Just fyi a good number of people in the south dont think Catholics are Christians, be prepared for those conversations at work about being a devil worshiper or how the Pope's bringing about the mark of the beast. People will think differently of you if you are not an evangelical.
>>
>>2644787
there was a dude who walked into a bar near me last Friday

He asked the bartender if they had any options with fish since it was Friday and he avoided meat that day. The bartender shot him on the spot.
Turns out, he wasn't even Catholic, he was just trying to cut back on red meat
>>
>>2644787
Evangelicals are only 35% of the population of SC, per a 2016 survey
Mainline protestants make up 16% of the population
Catholics make up 10% of the population
Historically black protestants make up 15% of the population
Non-religious make up 19% of the population
Other Christians make up 3% of the population
Non-Christian faiths make up 3% of the population

So Evangelicals make up slightly more than 1/3 of the population, not nearly as dominant as one might expect. However, they make up a higher percentage of voters in the Republican Primary, giving them a greater influence.
>>
>>2644793
That's an absurdly high number considering civilized states have less than a 30% church attendance rate.
>>
File: soyjak.png (48 KB, 383x510)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>2644807
>That's an absurdly high number considering civilized states have less than a 30% church attendance rate.
>>
>>2644807
What is attendance rate? Percentage of the church seats filled up or percentage of Christians who attend church. Its a big difference. The Latin Mass I attended was full to the brim. Very high church fill rate. How many catholics in all of Charleston attended churrch is a different story.
>>
>>2645236
Percentage of the population that attends a church (or other religious institution) at least once a month.
>>
>>2643933
I lived there for a while before covid. It’s the best city in the US. Just know it’s expensive and Ohio people are scummy liberals who have been ruining the city.
>>
>>2645373
Do you need a car in Charleston?
>>
>>2645373
It really is expensive. If you want to stay in downtown Charleston you're looking at 300 bucks minimum a night for one of the old timey hotels. While they look beautiful, that's steep
>>
>>2645313
That I am not sure of. But either way the church fill % was pretty high. Not to say those people who didn't attend didn't go because churches were full but you know what I mean.
>>
>>2645477
This is true, but it's probably why there were few darkies there.
>>
>>2645373
its funny ohio has such a bad rep there lmao ive heard some stories even 6+ years ago
>>
>Cuckada
>Obsessing over the white population of an American city of all places
Pleaaaaaaase have sex
>>
>>2645511
economic segregation is very much reality in the USA
the most extreme disparities exist where ultra-affluent areas border ultra-poor areas. two blocks' walk and you've crossed an invisible line into a different world
>>
>>2645389
I walked across the bridge from Mt Pleasant on a blustery cold February day in 2015. Charleston itself is walkable, but I don't think it is well-connected to regional public transport, so you'll need to hire a driver to get to/from the city. Getting to beaches you'll def need a car.
>>2645477
Bet food prices are sky high as well
>>
I was there 3-4 years back and loved staying in the historical downtown district. It gets ghetto pretty quick when you get outside of that, but all the historic district was great to walk and hangout. Homes are insanely expensive and beautiful, but I guess that's why it's so nice.
>>
>>2645523
I hate women
>>
>>2643933
>charleston is good
kek as someone who grew up in sc I can spot tourists so easily
>>
>>2645679
No one asked.
>>
>>2645680
Last time I checked I didn't need your permission.
>>
>>2645687
You should tell it to someone who asked.
>>
>>2645688
I asked.
>>
>>2645689
Oh.
>>
>>2645679
Care to share negatives?
>>
File: tourism_economies.png (143 KB, 380x372)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>2645679
>>
Bumping this thread for advice. The hotels around the french quarter are pretty expensive, is Mount Pleasant a decent enough place to stay? Hotels there are literally half the price but obviously carry a longer "commute" to charleston
>>
>>2645746
Niggers. The weather. Niggers. also Niggers. Im NTA, but I lived in North Augusta for about 4 years and I hated it. Yea the cities have sections with that southern psuedo classical architecture and 1800s americana feel to it but its often run down and derelict. Most southern cities are just fast food chains and walmart parking lots with vast swaths of swampland in between with abandoned infrastructure sprinkled in between
>>
>>2643953
Savannah is nice. don't remember a whole lot due to it being a bachelor party
>>
>>2645679
grew up in summerville, you're a nigger

charleston is objectively a rly nice city to visit and party but ya yourists are awful. good thing they only go to shitty places like op

ghetto parts of charleston are rly some of the best parts, north king st has v good bars and food (because it's the only place new restaurants can afford to open). north charleston has park circle by the old naval base

bad things about chs: stupid expensive, no one from there can afford to live there; overrun with ppl from ny and new jersey; food scene has gotten rly boring

nice things about chs: super cheap if you know where to look, v independent vibe and incredibly nice people, surrounding island towns are very good

>>2643951
charleston is among the most debaucherous cities in the US. spend 5 minutes outside of market and king you fucking capicola canoli faggot
>>
>>2649562
I guess that shithole would eems nice if you grow up in an even worse hellhole like summerville you sound like a 2nd gen yankee transplant fag
>>
whats up south carolinas, I'm from Niggerburg. Come throw some tourism money our way and look at our Denny's corporate building and the BMW plant!
>>
>>2649562
>> Ghetto part is the best
Went to there for a few days you fucking stupid poor nigger. Keep seething about not being able to afford it. LMFAO.
>>
Tell me about Greenville?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.