[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I got my B.S. in engineering last year and I want to move to South Korea

>no work experience
>can't speak Korean
>no TEFL cert. and would prefer not to teach English
>haven't applied for a visa yet and might need sponsorship

What are my options for getting there and staying long-term?
>>
>>2645686
It’s not happening. The only way for white losers to scamper into those countries is via TEFL or they’re some remote coding dorker. It suits most fine, despite the squawking about how they have to work at night because they wouldn’t be doing cool things at night anyway
>>
>>2645686
get into a graduate programme with a korean company branch in your home country
hyundai heavy industries, doosan or samsung would be good choices
once you are inside the company make sure you tell everyone how much you love korea
look out for secondments/postings to korea on the internal jobs board
>>
>>2645686
>want to move to South Korea
The question you should ask is: Why would a Korean firm want to employ me, and pay a premium because I cost more to import into the country (visas, permits, etc.)?

If you cannot answer the question, then you have your answer whether you want to admit it or not. Daily reminder degrees are dime a dozen, and not worth the paper they're printed on (ironically, I'm a newly hired tenure-track prof)
>>
>>2645686
Start networking and pick up some basic language stuff, doesn't need to be "fluent in a week" but even a little shows people you cared enough to look it up.
>>
Go as a student to Korean language school, find some students at companies for business English, eventually become a translator and billingual employee at the company.

Actually just give up, they don't need you nor want you and you have nothing to offer. A bachelors in engineering? They have thousands of them who speak Korean natively and fluent English.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.