[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Tax free income, 8 weeks paid leave a year and what appears to be very low costs of living on even an English teacher’s salary. Is it THAT bad? I’m old/married so don’t care about the social scene btw.
>>
>>2648980
>im just gonna throw in the towel on life cuz I’ve got a trusty old sow to plow at home

God lm never gonna get married
>>
>>2648980
>I’m old/married so don’t care about the social scene btw.
Just move to the midwest then, at least you'll have changes in weather
>>
>>2649014
sounds like they know exactly how indians should be treated. Europeans could learn a thing or two.

>>2649034
>at least you'll have changes in weather

Assuming he wants that. Coming from Europe, I absolutely hate temperate climate
>>
>>2649014
Thanks for the very detailed response mate, appreciate it.
>>2649014
Less throwing on the towel, more considering why I’d continue working in a country that’s currency has tanked against the USD and punishes single income households, no tax incentives/ability to file jointly and skyrocketing housing prices like the rest of the world. This would also get me my travel fix, even if it’s boring. I’m not looking to fuck or date- just money, and they must have some cool local activities (falconing? Desert BBQs?) you can get involved in. My concern would be the heat, what appears to be a lack of public transportation and perhaps lack of nature if you don’t have a car.
>>
>>2648980
I've seen it said numerous times that it's the most boring country in the world to live in. I haven't lived there so I don't know but the frequency with which it gets mentioned has to mean something.
>>
>>2649014
I was only there for two weeks but yes fuck all to do and possibly the worst driving standards on the planet. Money very good

There really are two driving cultures. in Anglo and most developed countries it is “here is a set of rules and we all abide by them mostly”. The rest of the world is “fuck you”. In Kuwait it is with bells on
>>
File: 1644983091711.jpg (60 KB, 1024x621)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>2649216
Good information
>>
>>2649014
Seems like Kuwait would be a home brewers dream land.
>>
>>2649130
>lack of nature if you don’t have a car.
Try no nature at all. Kuwait is a tiny city state, outside of the city is flat desert with polluted skies from the oil rigs. They dump sewage into the ocean so you cannot enjoy the beaches. It's a good place to make money, but not much else.
>>
>>2649130
my concern would be a lack of beer, haha

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.