[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I've got a working holiday visa and a plane ticket, due to fly out in September.
I'm just planning on travelling and working, but do I need travel insurance to go?
Do I ACTUALLY need insurance?
I've seen on WWOOF which is a farm volunteering scheme, that they require some special volunteer insurance just to volunteer, but I don't want to pay a lot of money to volunteer and I don't want to pay for insurance at all really.
>>
>>2649808
>I'm just planning on travelling and working, but do I need travel insurance to go?
>Do I ACTUALLY need insurance?
Do you usually roll the dice for medical expenses because you have a few hundred thousand in savings. You have a credit line on your credit card of $50k or more? Which is it. Any person can rack up $1 million with a week in ICU, or get a sudden appendix emergency. Will you need med-vac airlifting off a boat or from a small town.
On the flipside, if you can't afford $350 for a medical plan, you really can't afford to travel at all.
>>
>>2649811
I can afford it.
>>
What is a good place for australians to travel to? Basically I want to go somewhere that we don't have a reputation as asshole drunk bogans like indonesia. I'll go to thailand one day obviously, for the ladyboys
>>
>>2649808
As far as medical expenses go it depends on what country you are from. If you are from UK, New Zealand or Ireland then you are fully covered for healthcare in Australia.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.